PDA

View Full Version : Its a good day...

Nebuta
December 15th, 2007, 01:28 PM
All and all, it was a good day to be a UD fan.

5:25am - Get in the parking lot for some pre-game tailgating. Looks like ASU is already representing. Several campers already there for the night prior.
6:30am - Put on #5 jeresy for good luck.
7:00am - Couple ASU people park next to us. xcoolx
7:30am - Couple UD students show up near by. Go Blue Hens. xsmiley_wix
7:40am - Need beer. Stores dont sell beer until 8am. (Curse you blue laws)
8am - Beer time. Stocked up for the big game.
8:20am - More ASU people parked by our van. xeekx
8:40am - Our gang introduced ourselves to the local tailgaters. Great people all around ASU and UD people. Every one having a good time. Everyone is very social and very hospitable. Offering beers and tossing the football around.
9:00am - Couple ASU girls came over. Started playing Flip-Cup. Good times proceeded.
Thoughout the morning - More Flip-Cup and several beers later. Good times to be had by all. Talked a little smack. ASU guys throwing 3 fingers up - "3 peat". Proceeding by UD fans throwing up 7 fingers - "Title #7 tonight". All in good fun.
9:30am ASU peeps parked in the finally parking stall. (Theses guys were great representatives of App St. fun and very social.)
1pm - Broke seal. Have to go the the bathroom. Went to the portable potty. One adjective - NASTY. But when your about 10 beers in now, one really doesnt care.
1:05pm - Came back from bathroom. Chuckles and inapporiate comments from the peanut gallery from nearby ASU tail gaters. "We are going to kick Falco's hinney. (Putting it nicely) Very hostile, proceeded to ignore until I reached the friendly santuracy of our nearby section of tailgaters.
Afternoon - More drinking persude, good times.
Around 2pm - Visited near by UD student tailgating section. Very impressed. Lots of students present and drinking like no tommorrow.
Later - Walked around before the game, ran into this one bad apple, about stating we are the big rooster tonight and going f... chickens tonight Obviously I chalked it up as an ASU guy having way too much to drink.

Fast Foward -Game Time. In the Delaware section, with a bunch of students. Good times and Bad times proceeded. Name calling and chants proceed, UNC rejects (not a very proud moment to be a hen fan) We want a drug test.
First Qtr. - It was a blur. Just remember a couple very 'questionable' calls. 7-0 App State, Hens drive down the field. The Omar Cuff 39th TD that got taken back. At time thought it was a bad call. Replay on big stadium screen looked like he was in. Later after watching the tape. Elbow down. They got the call right, unforunately not the spot. The ball on should be spoted on the 1inch line. If we were the steelers, the call stands on the field ROth scores. xlolx Anways if the ball spotted on the 1 inch line, QB sneek easily gets that in. Doesnt happen. Omar runs on 3rd. We lose a yard.
4th down play, there was an apparent hold on one of the UD receivers for a second that should have been called. Even at half time one commenators stated it should have been called. But thats what happens when you are playing away. This would be a theme (poor officiating all night) until the game was already at hand in the 4th Quarter.
Great Stop MEAC officals, I mean ASU Defense. Might Mo stalls for UD.

2nd Qtr -
UD driving appeared to be TD. But the Pass interference call. "I got to let that go in NC game. Both guys are fighting for position, He didn't really push off." according to the ESPN commentator.
The Catch for the TD. Right foot was down. But Like most reviews took over 5 minutes on average just for a decision.. MEAC officals curse them.

During the reveiw, the commentator states "Its too bad, that you get to a NC game, that the officals are so much apart of the story, but that has been the case. Here in the 1st half"

TD pass to Jackson for APP. App RB celebrating at the 40 yard line does his little dance, offical in the middle of the field (this guy really shouldnt get a check for the game) sees the entire act and no flag for unsportman like conduct, I know he was looking in that direction cause his head was not looking at the TD in the endzone, but the player's celebration. 15 yards back on a kickoff would have been nice. Anyways, later that same guy gets an score and does the SAME dance and thankful the line judge throws the flags the celebration.

Before the end of Half, TIME OUT DELAWARE STATE. Wow, what a slip up of words. Not only to add insult to injury.
People beside me said, I guess these officals are making up for that 44-7 DSU game. My take is it isnt a conspirancy against DE, but its just looks really bad. To make it all the way to the playoffs and have this officating crew calling this game. Its not like APP State needs the help. They were clearly the better team. It just would be nice to see a closer more competitive game, which it should have been. Its just ashame the officals personally took over the first half of this game. The stats indicated a close game. 28-7.

3rd Qtr. The commentators make a statement about officals and the rotation of appearences, "Shouldn't it be the best of the best officals call the NC game, not because of rotation."

APP STATE Chants start. Very impressive getting the entire sides of staduims involved. xbowx
During the same time, REFS SUCK Chants stated by UD fans nearby. Not nearly as impressive. :(

Cuff gets his 39th* TD of the season. Good times to be had by all.

4th Qtr - UD drives down the field to put it within 2 scores. ASU defense holds game over.

After game congratulated the APP state fans that were in the parking lot. Great season and the 3-peat. One stated good season for UD, I hope we didn't hurt Flacco's draft status after tonight. I replied, I think he will be okay. xsmiley_wix

At the beginning of the long 14 hour trip home, Intially I was more disappointed by MEAC officals, then UDs preformance tonight. And how a few bad and miss calls (in such an important game) can change momentum of a game so quickly. Making a game that should have been more competitive to a blow out. Not that APP STATE needed the help, they were clearly the better team.

Later, I thought about how great UD played during the playoff run and how forunate I was to see the graduating Seniors last game and how it was a priviledge it was to watch Omar bust a big gain and Flacco to throw lasers down the field. I am truely blessed.

Grats again to APP State on the 3 peat.

igo4uni
December 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Ahh.................................brings back memories of my trip to chatty in 2005. I had lots of fun!!!

thmst30
December 15th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Wow thanks for that unbiased, CLASSY, post. You guys have a great team and good luck next year. Most the UD fans I met were great, except for the intoxicated ones but thats a given, that we know all to well. Agree the officiating was embarrassingly bad, but fortunately the game wasn't decided by a bad call. Much respect for you and UD!

appfan2008
December 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM
INCREDIBLE POST... Loved reading it...

ShgooseAPP
December 15th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Great posts. We had some UD students sit behind us and they had been drinking. However they were nice for the most part. We even gave one of them one of our cowbells to take home xsmiley_wix Apparently he was gonna take it back to Delaware and burn it. Great post xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 15th, 2007, 06:27 PM
All and all, it was a good day to be a UD fan.

5:25am - Get in the parking lot for some pre-game tailgating. Looks like ASU is already representing. Several campers already there for the night prior.
6:30am - Put on #5 jeresy for good luck.
7:00am - Couple ASU people park next to us. xcoolx
7:30am - Couple UD students show up near by. Go Blue Hens. xsmiley_wix
7:40am - Need beer. Stores dont sell beer until 8am. (Curse you blue laws)
8am - Beer time. Stocked up for the big game.
8:20am - More ASU people parked by our van. xeekx
8:40am - Our gang introduced ourselves to the local tailgaters. Great people all around ASU and UD people. Every one having a good time. Everyone is very social and very hospitable. Offering beers and tossing the football around.
9:00am - Couple ASU girls came over. Started playing Flip-Cup. Good times proceeded.
Thoughout the morning - More Flip-Cup and several beers later. Good times to be had by all. Talked a little smack. ASU guys throwing 3 fingers up - "3 peat". Proceeding by UD fans throwing up 7 fingers - "Title #7 tonight". All in good fun.
9:30am ASU peeps parked in the finally parking stall. (Theses guys were great representatives of App St. fun and very social.)
1pm - Broke seal. Have to go the the bathroom. Went to the portable potty. One adjective - NASTY. But when your about 10 beers in now, one really doesnt care.
1:05pm - Came back from bathroom. Chuckles and inapporiate comments from the peanut gallery from nearby ASU tail gaters. "We are going to kick Falco's hinney. (Putting it nicely) Very hostile, proceeded to ignore until I reached the friendly santuracy of our nearby section of tailgaters.
Afternoon - More drinking persude, good times.
Around 2pm - Visited near by UD student tailgating section. Very impressed. Lots of students present and drinking like no tommorrow.
Later - Walked around before the game, ran into this one bad apple, about stating we are the big rooster tonight and going f... chickens tonight Obviously I chalked it up as an ASU guy having way too much to drink.

Fast Foward -Game Time. In the Delaware section, with a bunch of students. Good times and Bad times proceeded. Name calling and chants proceed, UNC rejects (not a very proud moment to be a hen fan) We want a drug test.
First Qtr. - It was a blur. Just remember a couple very 'questionable' calls. 7-0 App State, Hens drive down the field. The Omar Cuff 39th TD that got taken back. At time thought it was a bad call. Replay on big stadium screen looked like he was in. Later after watching the tape. Elbow down. They got the call right, unforunately not the spot. The ball on should be spoted on the 1inch line. If we were the steelers, the call stands on the field ROth scores. xlolx Anways if the ball spotted on the 1 inch line, QB sneek easily gets that in. Doesnt happen. Omar runs on 3rd. We lose a yard.
4th down play, there was an apparent hold on one of the UD receivers for a second that should have been called. Even at half time one commenators stated it should have been called. But thats what happens when you are playing away. This would be a theme (poor officiating all night) until the game was already at hand in the 4th Quarter.
Great Stop MEAC officals, I mean ASU Defense. Might Mo stalls for UD.

2nd Qtr -
UD driving appeared to be TD. But the Pass interference call. "I got to let that go in NC game. Both guys are fighting for position, He didn't really push off." according to the ESPN commentator.
The Catch for the TD. Right foot was down. But Like most reviews took over 5 minutes on average just for a decision.. MEAC officals curse them.

During the reveiw, the commentator states "Its too bad, that you get to a NC game, that the officals are so much apart of the story, but that has been the case. Here in the 1st half"

TD pass to Jackson for APP. App RB celebrating at the 40 yard line does his little dance, offical in the middle of the field (this guy really shouldnt get a check for the game) sees the entire act and no flag for unsportman like conduct, I know he was looking in that direction cause his head was not looking at the TD in the endzone, but the player's celebration. 15 yards back on a kickoff would have been nice. Anyways, later that same guy gets an score and does the SAME dance and thankful the line judge throws the flags the celebration.

Before the end of Half, TIME OUT DELAWARE STATE. Wow, what a slip up of words. Not only to add insult to injury.
People beside me said, I guess these officals are making up for that 44-7 DSU game. My take is it isnt a conspirancy against DE, but its just looks really bad. To make it all the way to the playoffs and have this officating crew calling this game. Its not like APP State needs the help. They were clearly the better team. It just would be nice to see a closer more competitive game, which it should have been. Its just ashame the officals personally took over the first half of this game. The stats indicated a close game. 28-7.

3rd Qtr. The commentators make a statement about officals and the rotation of appearences, "Shouldn't it be the best of the best officals call the NC game, not because of rotation."

APP STATE Chants start. Very impressive getting the entire sides of staduims involved. xbowx
During the same time, REFS SUCK Chants stated by UD fans nearby. Not nearly as impressive. :(

Cuff gets his 39th* TD of the season. Good times to be had by all.

4th Qtr - UD drives down the field to put it within 2 scores. ASU defense holds game over.

After game congratulated the APP state fans that were in the parking lot. Great season and the 3-peat. One stated good season for UD, I hope we didn't hurt Flacco's draft status after tonight. I replied, I think he will be okay. xsmiley_wix

At the beginning of the long 14 hour trip home, Intially I was more disappointed by MEAC officals, then UDs preformance tonight. And how a few bad and miss calls (in such an important game) can change momentum of a game so quickly. Making a game that should have been more competitive to a blow out. Not that APP STATE needed the help, they were clearly the better team.

Later, I thought about how great UD played during the playoff run and how forunate I was to see the graduating Seniors last game and how it was a priviledge it was to watch Omar bust a big gain and Flacco to throw lasers down the field. I am truely blessed.

Grats again to APP State on the 3 peat.

Thanks for the kind words. Met some tired UD students after the game while they were waiting for their bus. Man, I did not envy your 15 hour ride home. UD was well represented. I bought my tickets early and it turns out that we were sharing row 10 WITH the Delaware band. Didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves thoughxpeacex