PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the old "parity" argument?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 15th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Remember about this time two years ago when people were saying that GSU was being unreasonable for firing Sewak and they said that the reason we had not won a single playoff game from '03 to '05 was because of the increased parity in the FCS? Well, what do you think about these past 3 seasons?

jonmac
December 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Remember about this time two years ago when people were saying that GSU was being unreasonable for firing Sewak and they said that the reason we had not won a single playoff game from '03 to '05 was because of the increased parity in the FCS? Well, what do you think about these past 3 seasons?

Well, at least we beat 3 different teams. I love parity when it's not my team that's winning. No, but really, kidding aside, it all comes in cycles. All these good coaches in the FCS will devise schemes to defend the spread and they will also add it to there offensive scheme and then something new will come around and take over and so on and so forth. We will not, however, remember the past and we will have the same discussions and arguments. That's what makes this so fun.

SCPALADIN
December 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Well, at least we beat 3 different teams. I love parity when it's not my team that's winning. No, but really, kidding aside, it all comes in cycles. All these good coaches in the FCS will devise schemes to defend the spread and they will also add it to there offensive scheme and then something new will come around and take over and so on and so forth. We will not, however, remember the past and we will have the same discussions and arguments. That's what makes this so fun.

I couldn't agree more. A good couple of recruiting classes in a row can also do a lot to create a dynasty. App has definitely benefited from having a core group of excellent players all there at the same time.