PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Stadium/Facility Upgrades

UNHWildcat18
December 27th, 2023, 07:29 AM
I usually wait till after the National Championship game but decided to start early this year.

Here is the thread to post your schools stadium/facility upgrades! I love to see what schools around the entire FCS are doing.

Wish I had some UNH updates but I don't so ill start if off with some minor ones with schools in the area.

UNHWildcat18
December 27th, 2023, 07:34 AM
Bryant has new turf ready for Rhode Island FC and their football team. Away side and end zone seating construction looks like it’s gonna start soon. End zone should be done quickly as Rhode Island FCs first game is March 24th
https://twitter.com/BryantAthletics/status/1735779167080206834

UNHWildcat18
December 27th, 2023, 07:37 AM
A nice gift for the homeless as Merrimack's Duane Stadium just got a video board installed before Christmas!

https://twitter.com/Merrimack_FB/status/1738255841457824042

ST_Lawson
December 27th, 2023, 10:58 AM
Minor upgrade, but WIU is supposed to be replacing their turf after spring football this coming year. Our current turf is around 10-11 years old (I think 10 years is the standard "lifespan"), plus we need to do a few logo changes (MVFC -> OVC).

clenz
December 27th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Minor upgrade, but WIU is supposed to be replacing their turf after spring football this coming year. Our current turf is around 10-11 years old (I think 10 years is the standard "lifespan"), plus we need to do a few logo changes (MVFC -> OVC).
Just do what schools like Jacksonville State et al have done

Paint a big ass square over it in the primary color of the school and then paint the new conference logo over it.

ST_Lawson
December 27th, 2023, 02:37 PM
Just do what schools like Jacksonville State et al have done

Paint a big ass square over it in the primary color of the school and then paint the new conference logo over it.

That's probably what we would have gone with, except it's about time to replace the turf anyway, plus we need to change up the big logo in the middle too.