PDA

View Full Version : "Timeout, Delaware State"

Intrepid
December 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Oh man...I'm sorry guys that you had these refs officiating the NC game. These refs were terrible and comical...I think that the MEAC need to get rid of the refs as soon as possible before they start screwing up any MEAC teams next season. I'm not saying that Delaware lost because of the refs but I expect them to be fair.

RadMann
December 15th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I had seen a post or two on these boards during the playoffs from MEAC fans making an argument that Refs might intentionally penalize a team out of bias, etc and I had thought how absurd such a statement was. Now, before I go further I absolutely do not believe that these MEAC officals were attempting to hinder UD. That said, I can see how having a very poor officiating crew xcall a game could make fans of one team or the other start thinking conspiracies. It was not a conspiracy against anyone last night, but it was an example of officials who were way out of their league. That's very unfortunate for a title game.

AppStsGr8
December 15th, 2007, 08:04 AM
In the App section we all looked at each other in amazment when the ref announced "time out Delaware State". We thought we were watching the Delaware team who knocked off UNI and SIU (those seeded guys) to earn their trip to the National Championship.

GrizRchattybound
December 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM
There were more than a few problems with that crew..I thought KC Keeler handled it like a pro...

I would have come unglued.

OldRef
December 15th, 2007, 09:17 AM
There were more than a few problems with that crew..I thought KC Keeler handled it like a pro...

I would have come unglued.

I agree, Coach Keeler handled the crew with class.

Wish I was at the game to see the crew work. Looked to me (which is hard to see on TV) as they were often out of position and used poor mechanics. They seemed to officiate a long way from the action of the play. I was struck at how immobile the umpire was..he never hustled.

I have known and worked with some old CAA, Yankee, and Southern Conf. officials. Those conferences forced the overweight immobile officialls aout of their ranks starting in the late 80's and early '90s.

It was sad the officials were so "stand outish". I find it hard to believe they were MEAC's highest rated crew, or even the highest rated at each position.