PDA

View Full Version : Kats secondary looking to shut down Tech

blackfordpu
September 15th, 2005, 08:46 AM
The secondary player for the Bearkats seem ready for the game against Tech. They almost seem to dare the Red Raiders to throw the ball their way.

Kat DB's looking forward to challenge
By Jason Barfield/Sports Editor

For the past three years, the Red Raider offense has been a juggernaut, putting up PlayStation-type passing numbers.

Texas Tech's receivers are big, fast and they make plays. The starters average height is 6-foot-3 (they have a 6-5 backup).

Three of the top six individual seasons in NCAA history for a quarterback have come from Texas Tech, all in the last three years.

With all of that in front of them, the Sam Houston State defensive backs don't seem bothered by it as they prepare for Saturday's game with the No. 19 Red Raiders in Lubbock.

full story: http://www.itemonline.com/articles/2005/09/15/sports/todays_sports/sports01.txt

McNeese75
September 15th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid, this one is gonna hurt!!! :eek:

kats89
September 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid, this one is gonna hurt!!! :eek:

'75, I don't really know what to expect to be honest. One day I think it is going to be ugly and next day I think we can at least keep it respectable. I do know that this could be a long game to finish with all the passing that will be going on. I really hate to say that I don't see us winning this game,but I have to be realistic. My only thing is by how much? :confused:

I know UH is no Tx Tech, but I really saw some positive things last week. It won't be enough to take down the giant I don't think, but who knows? On Given Saturday anything can happen. Ask Indiana St!!

My main thing is just go out and have some fun, and hope we come back healthy. Can't afford anymore injuries.

golionsgo
September 15th, 2005, 01:42 PM
'75, I don't really know what to expect to be honest. One day I think it is going to be ugly and next day I think we can at least keep it respectable. I do know that this could be a long game to finish with all the passing that will be going on. I really hate to say that I don't see us winning this game,but I have to be realistic. My only thing is by how much? :confused:

I know UH is no Tx Tech, but I really saw some positive things last week. It won't be enough to take down the giant I don't think, but who knows? On Given Saturday anything can happen. Ask Indiana St!!

My main thing is just go out and have some fun, and hope we come back healthy. Can't afford anymore injuries.

In terms of scheme, Sam Houston will see pretty much the exact same offense from Texas Tech that they saw at Southeastern Louisiana last year. Obviously they'll have better personnel overall and may have a few tweaks here and there but the splits, formations, routes,and concepts are the same. Mike Leach is a Hal Mumme disciple and was his offensive coordinator at Kentucky.

While we did have success moving the ball between the 25s last year, Sam Houston did the best job of defending us of anyone we played. I don't know how much that success against us will help you against Texas Tech but at least your players are familiar with the offense and will have an understanding of how they'll try to exploit you.