PDA

View Full Version : CAA South 3rd Place Team Wraps Up Season

Rob Iola
December 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Apparently UD never got the news that the regular season has long since been completed, especially after losing its last 2 conference games. At least they'll have front-row seats for ASU's coronation tonight...

Dane96
December 14th, 2007, 12:01 PM
SMACK BOARD

APPALACHIANstate
December 14th, 2007, 12:01 PM
A few things don't go App's way and they would have been a 3rd place SoCon team...

LacesOut
December 14th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Apparently UD never got the news that the regular season has long since been completed, especially after losing its last 2 conference games. At least they'll have front-row seats for ASU's coronation tonight...

These types of posts are quite tiresome.

And I'm a UD fan.

srgrizizen
December 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Ridiculous to suggest Delaware didn't earn their way into the Championship game with two of the toughest road wins imaginable. As has been pointed out, if the FCS had gone on regular season rankings the championship would have been between Northern Iowa and Montana, a patently unjust scenario. BTW, ESPN commentators have USC and Oklahoma in their fantasy championship game, and I seriously doubt if anyone believes that both OSU and LSU belong in that game. Neither one in my opinion. We can all be happy the FCS title goes to the team playing best throughout the tournament, regardless of a couple of regular season losses. I seriously doubt that any team left out of the 16 team field would ever be the one that would have won it, but even that is a theoretical possibility - though not worth worrying about.

DetroitFlyer
December 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Ridiculous to suggest Delaware didn't earn their way into the Championship game with two of the toughest road wins imaginable. As has been pointed out, if the FCS had gone on regular season rankings the championship would have been between Northern Iowa and Montana, a patently unjust scenario. BTW, ESPN commentators have USC and Oklahoma in their fantasy championship game, and I seriously doubt if anyone believes that both OSU and LSU belong in that game. Neither one in my opinion. We can all be happy the FCS title goes to the team playing best throughout the tournament, regardless of a couple of regular season losses. I seriously doubt that any team left out of the 16 team field would ever be the one that would have won it, but even that is a theoretical possibility - though not worth worrying about.

Yeah well, it is worth worrying about if you are one of those teams.... Not too surprising that a CAA team made it to the finals.... Heck, almost a third of the field came from the CAA. I just cannot wait to see who wins the CAA, I mean FCS playoffs this season....xrolleyesx

tribe_pride
December 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah well, it is worth worrying about if you are one of those teams.... Not too surprising that a CAA team made it to the finals.... Heck, almost a third of the field came from the CAA. I just cannot wait to see who wins the CAA, I mean FCS playoffs this season....xrolleyesx

Quit your whining. No team left out with at least 7 D-I wins had a better resume than the 4 at larges from the CAA besides maybe Villanova.

And it is surprising to see one of them in the finals since no CAA team was one of the 4 seeds. Neither was App. St so congrats to both for being unseeded and making it to the Finals.

TheValleyRaider
December 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM

DetroitFlyer is really a Georgia Southern fan?!? xeekx

Who knew? xrulesx