PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Semifinal: North Dakota State @ #2 Montana

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2023, 04:14 PM
This game will kickoff at 2:30PM MT on Saturday 12/16 and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2. The winner advances to the national championship game and will face either #5 Albany or #1 South Dakota State. I expanded the stats breakdown this week to include some season totals with turnovers and redzone attempts and additional averages like sacks and TFLs forced/allowed:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53388616294_ef2ea1c698_o.jpg

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2023, 04:23 PM
Going to be a hell of a battle and a frenzied crowd. Griz have two starting OL who suited up against Furman but didn't play hopefully coming back. We'll see if that's enough...xeekx

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2023, 04:27 PM
FUBeAR’s Griz by a million!!!

Did y’all just hear NDSU’s QB disrespect everything about Montana Football?

He said they’ve played in some pretty big venues, so they aren’t too worried about the environment.

Ha! - He don’t even kno. He ain’t ready!

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2023, 04:33 PM
Montana was able to beat the vaunted Furple in OT. Griz by 2 TDs

Christiank22
December 9th, 2023, 04:34 PM

He said they’ve played in some pretty big venues, so they aren’t too worried about the environment.

Wat

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 04:48 PM

But will it be cold?

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2023, 04:49 PM
But will it be cold?

And loud.

Preferred Walk-On
December 9th, 2023, 04:53 PM
I just wish (like my SoCon brethren) that weather was not a factor...ever (written not long after clearing snow in 30-40 MPH winds in Fargo, ND).

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2023, 05:06 PM
But will it be cold?

And loud.

Yes, most certainly.

In fact, the game of Football, itself, was fashioned out of an ice shelf, during a blinding blizzard, at 29,033 feet in the Montana mountains, where the temperature was (and is) −459.66 Fahrenheit during a volcanic eruption creating a sound at 193.99 dB, which has yet to subside, on a field, on campus, in Missoula, at the University of Montana.

Dusty Kitten
December 9th, 2023, 05:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eDTmhEf.gif

putter
December 9th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Yes, most certainly.

In fact, the game of Football, itself, was fashioned out of an ice shelf, during a blinding blizzard, at 29,033 feet in the Montana mountains, where the temperature was (and is) −459.66 Fahrenheit during a volcanic eruption creating a sound at 193.99 dB, which has yet to subside, on a field, on campus, in Missoula, at the University of Montana.

Given the proximity of Missoula to the Yellowstone caldera, this could absolutely happen during the game

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Soft assed NDSU D gave up 3 football fields of offense to USD. Montana by 18 #BOOKIT.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 05:48 PM
I can already hear the Griz fans screaming for holding flags.xlolx

Grizzlies82
December 9th, 2023, 05:57 PM
I can already hear the Griz fans screaming for holding flags.xlolx

So you watched today's South Dakota game too. I also saw that. I was confused if holding is permitted in the Dakotas. It's often a penalty in other parts of the country.

I wondered too if after the game your offensive linemen give the opposing defenses back the large chunks of jersey they tore off? Or, do the MVFC teams just hold onto them and do an end of the season exchange?

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2023, 06:00 PM
I've seen more athletic teams than Montana....

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/826473e0-144a-4dad-b056-aae159be86f1/d68o3nl-49543095-a233-426f-ac31-90ead26ec5a7.png/v1/fill/w_988,h_809,q_75,strp/trollface_in_hd_by_lemmino-d68o3nl.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1 NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhN WYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg 4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1c m46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t 7InBhdGgiOiIvZi84MjY0NzNlMC0xNDRhLTRkYWQtYjA1Ni1hY WUxNTliZTg2ZjEvZDY4bzNubC00OTU0MzA5NS1hMjMzLTQyNmY tYWMzMS05MGVhZDI2ZWM1YTcucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTk4O CIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODA5In1dXX0.Tk69DJwhb8AglKIP4GM fmLS2Ngdf3EcMJsGkE7BZszA

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2023, 06:03 PM
I don't want to just sit here and say I'm happy to be here, but I never imagined in September and October that we'd be here.

The theme of the second half of our season has surely been revenge, and what better than a chance at revenge against the squad that ended our season last year?

Super stoked for this one. A true blue blood heavyweight FCS classic in the making.

NDSU1980
December 9th, 2023, 06:20 PM
I was worried about this game until I got confirmation from POD. I can relax now, we got this one.

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2023, 07:59 PM
Soft assed NDSU D gave up 3 football fields of offense to USD. Montana by 18 #BOOKIT.

74 of those yards came in garbage time on their last drive. https://gobison.com/sports/football/stats/2023/south-dakota/boxscore/16496

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2023, 08:27 PM
So you watched today's South Dakota game too. I also saw that. I was confused if holding is permitted in the Dakotas. It's often a penalty in other parts of the country.

I wondered too if after the game your offensive linemen give the opposing defenses back the large chunks of jersey they tore off? Or, do the MVFC teams just hold onto them and do an end of the season exchange?

I can see holding is allowed in Montana as I saw a ton of it during your game. Especially the Rt Tackle. I couldnt believe he wasnt getting flagged.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 08:39 PM
I was worried about this game until I got confirmation from POD. I can relax now, we got this one.
There is too much blue blood, and noise and cold in Missoula for this Bison team to over come. Montana by 18 going away #BOOKIT

Dusty Kitten
December 10th, 2023, 12:56 AM
There is too much blue blood, and noise and cold in Missoula for this Bison team to over come. Montana by 18 going away #BOOKIT
I've got NDSU by 47

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2023, 06:50 AM
POD, come on you know you cant influence lines by posting on here! Hey Im ready for another trip to Frisco and see the folks again..TAB (was he the one with the fur coat?) Pat, Tony, etc...

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2023, 07:09 AM
The thing that scares me the most as a Bison fan is Junior Bergen. NDSU has been pretty bad covering kickoffs this year and their punter hasn't been consistent in getting the hang time needed for his coverage to get downfield. I'd expect NDSU may surrender some pretty decent field position on special teams just to try to keep Bergen from busting a big one.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2023, 09:26 AM
POD, come on you know you cant influence lines by posting on here! Hey Im ready for another trip to Frisco and see the folks again..TAB (was he the one with the fur coat?) Pat, Tony, etc...
Yea, Tab wears the fur coat, I think the misses does to and maybe the little Tabs as well.

I doubt the spread will be 18 but it should be. Smart money is on Montana regardless of the spread and take the over because with the altitude, the Bison are gonna have to reach deep into the twos and threes on D and they have pretty much dropped their pants in every blowout game this year. Bet the ranch, leverage your 401k, cash out the kids college funds and bet heavy on the Griz. #BOOKIT.

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2023, 09:32 AM
Can somebody at the University of Montana invoke the wrath of the Thundarr the Bison God before He goes back to sleep?

Maybe say something bad about hard red spring wheat or something.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2023, 09:48 AM
Added the stats breakdown to the first post - there's some really intriguing statistical matchups between the Bison offense and the Griz defense:

1) The Bison offense is 4th nationally at 241.8 rush yards per game and the Griz defense is 9th allowing only 97.2 rush yards per game.
2) The Bison offense is 1st nationally in team passing efficiency and the Griz defense is 4th in defensive pass efficiency.
3) The Bison offense is 3rd nationally in 3rd down conversion rate at 51.5% and the Griz defense is also 3rd in opponent 3rd down conversion rate at 29.2%.

I'm going to guess those NDSU offensive averages to down and the Montana defensive averages go up after this game but those are big time stat categories that these units have basically been winning all year and someone has to lose them on Saturday.

Silenoz
December 10th, 2023, 10:23 AM
Remember in September when Griz fans thought Hauck was going to be fired?

Remember the Bison meltdown after UND?

Buncha resilient egos, let me tell ya!

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2023, 10:28 AM

Not sure about the Griz fans with Hauck but I'd guess that if NDSU loses this game the huckleberries in our fan base will be out again calling for Entz's head. I'm also nervous about transfer portal announcements if/when the NDSU season ends which will be another opportunity to pile on the coaches. There are allegedly multiple current Bison players sitting on 6 figure NIL offers from P5 schools.

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2023, 10:42 AM
Not sure about the Griz fans with Hauck but I'd guess that if NDSU loses this game the huckleberries in our fan base will be out again calling for Entz's head. I'm also nervous about transfer portal announcements if/when the NDSU season ends which will be another opportunity to pile on the coaches. There are allegedly multiple current Bison players sitting on 6 figure NIL offers from P5 schools.
This is the furthest we've been since 2011 (or 2009, if you want to be technical). I think the job is his for as long as he wants it win or lose.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2023, 10:43 AM
Yea, Tab wears the fur coat, I think the misses does to and maybe the little Tabs as well.

I doubt the spread will be 18 but it should be. Smart money is on Montana regardless of the spread and take the over because with the altitude, the Bison are gonna have to reach deep into the twos and threes on D and they have pretty much dropped their pants in every blowout game this year. Bet the ranch, leverage your 401k, cash out the kids college funds and bet heavy on the Griz. #BOOKIT.His Mrs does indeed and I have seen their son wear the fur coat too. I think Mr TAB got new chains last year too?

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2023, 10:51 AM
This is the furthest we've been since 2011 (or 2009, if you want to be technical). I think the job is his for as long as he wants it win or lose.
As should be the case given what he's done. It took him a bit but he seems to have recovered the program quite nicely from the Bobs Titt era.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2023, 11:08 AM
His Mrs does indeed and I have seen their son wear the fur coat too. I think Mr TAB got new chains last year too?

I cant get to Missoula but its worth the trip to Frisco to just see the TAB family and the others

Catbooster
December 10th, 2023, 11:41 AM

Fans over-reacting to losses? That wouldn't happen. Not for big wins either. I've noticed over the years that fans - especially those on the internet - tend to be pretty consistent and seldom over-react.

xcoffeex

Dusty Kitten
December 10th, 2023, 12:16 PM
To be fair:
The Griz looked really awful the first three weeks of the season with the kid at QB
I mean the entire team played really bad football and the offense was completely anemic and as soon as they started using McDowell and eventually made him the starting QB the team got better every week

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2023, 01:06 PM
NDSU is using more of the FB now with the power run game. Good. Play action off of that.

Bison are playing up to their potential and after watching the Griz on Friday, the Bison win this one IMO.

Back to Frisco!!

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2023, 01:07 PM
Oh, there will absolutely be Griz fans calling for Hauck's head if we lose this game, because like most massive fanbases, it's got a lot of idiots in it.

I was teetering on the fence about Bobby after the NAU game, but not any longer.

Give this man a lifetime contract.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2023, 01:10 PM
Oh, there will absolutely be Griz fans calling for Hauck's head if we lose this game, because like most massive fanbases, it's got a lot of idiots in it.

I was teetering on the fence about Bobby after the NAU game, but not any longer.

Give this man a lifetime contract.

Watching him interview, I can see why many think he is an assh*le but I like him. Perfect college football coach.

Christiank22
December 10th, 2023, 02:15 PM
5Dimes opens with NDSU as -2.5 favorites

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2023, 02:18 PM
To be fair:
The Griz looked really awful the first three weeks of the season with the kid at QB
I mean the entire team played really bad football and the offense was completely anemic and as soon as they started using McDowell and eventually made him the starting QB the team got better every week

The Post just earned you the Captain Obvious salute of the day Sir

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2023, 02:39 PM
I cant get to Missoula but its worth the trip to Frisco to just see the TAB family and the othersI would have to believe if they make it, he would go.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2023, 02:53 PM
Well, won't have to worry about firing Entz anymore....

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-head-coach-matt-entz-accepts-coaching-job-at-another-school

Unclear where he's going but he's gone.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2023, 02:56 PM

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-head-coach-matt-entz-accepts-coaching-job-at-another-school

USC to be Linebackers coach.

https://twitter.com/loganncampbelll/status/1733948428898472416?s=20

Dusty Kitten
December 10th, 2023, 03:00 PM
I hope its a lot of money:
If USC has another season like this season that entire coaching staff will be unemployed ...
Word is Lincoln almost got fired 10 days ago

Grizzlies82
December 10th, 2023, 03:41 PM

He accepted the Offensive Line coach job at Montana. He and his family are driving a rented U Haul to Missoula this weekend with the family furniture.

SUPharmacist
December 10th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Curious to see how this team plays after the news. Hoping for the best, but who knows.

Silenoz
December 10th, 2023, 03:53 PM
Nice. Between the portal and the hirings, you really love how the FCS playoffs are at the mercy of all this ****.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Curious to see how this team plays after the news. Hoping for the best, but who knows.
It worked out pretty good when the other two guys left but the personnel on the field was a lot better.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2023, 04:00 PM
Nice. Between the portal and the hirings, you really love how the FCS playoffs are at the mercy of all this ****.

There is no question that certain individuals have incentive for the season to end given the way things are structured. I think the term "portalling" could enter the playoff vernacular....

SUPharmacist
December 10th, 2023, 04:00 PM
It worked out pretty good when the other two guys left but the personnel on the field was a lot better.

I think they were angry about Bohl and rallied around Klieman, and it seemed like Klieman was more transparent with the team and they wanted to end on a high note. If Entz was transparent with the players I could see them rallying, if not I could see the team crumbling and a lot of anger over him leaving for a lower position (I know a job at a big time program is huge, but I would be frustrated to see my HC leave for a positions coach job).

Grizzlies82
December 10th, 2023, 04:22 PM
I think they were angry about Bohl and rallied around Klieman, and it seemed like Klieman was more transparent with the team and they wanted to end on a high note. If Entz was transparent with the players I could see them rallying, if not I could see the team crumbling and a lot of anger over him leaving for a lower position (I know a job at a big time program is huge, but I would be frustrated to see my HC leave for a positions coach job).

In fairness not a real step down.

This "Positions Coach" job probably comes with a four or five-fold pay increase. Don't think they can dog him for that.

Though what it may do is push a few more players towards the idea of chasing dollars too.

SUPharmacist
December 10th, 2023, 04:42 PM
In fairness not a real step down.

This "Positions Coach" job probably comes with a four or five-fold pay increase. Don't think they can dog him for that.

Though what it may do is push a few more players towards the idea of chasing dollars too.

I fully know for his career it isn't a stepdown and is a step up. Just saying as a player I would be annoyed. It is just too much a sign that FCS is all small-time. I would imagine most players have their eyes open to the current realities, and fully understand this.

Grizzlies82
December 10th, 2023, 06:12 PM
I fully know for his career it isn't a stepdown and is a step up. Just saying as a player I would be annoyed. It is just too much a sign that FCS is all small-time. I would imagine most players have their eyes open to the current realities, and fully understand this.

I agree with you. The players are probably annoyed, undoubtedly the recruits are too.

I understand and support coaches' decisions to climb the ladder. Over a stretch of little more than a decade Montana sent three head coaches off to chase their dreams and collect much larger paychecks. I didn't have a problem with those, except I thought Joe Glenn handled it very poorly. I don't think the team had time to shower from their last game before Joe was in his packed car, and he hollered out the window as he drove away that he had taken a different job. Believe he nearly hit the water boy as he squealed out of the parking lot.

What I don't understand with your coach Entz is the timing on his announcement. This news could have waited for another week, or three if needed. Seems odd, doesn't it?

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2023, 06:27 PM
I agree with you. The players are probably annoyed, undoubtedly the recruits are too.

I understand and support coaches' decisions to climb the ladder. Over a stretch of little more than a decade Montana sent three head coaches off to chase their dreams and collect much larger paychecks. I didn't have a problem with those, except I thought Joe Glenn handled it very poorly. I don't think the team had time to shower from their last game before Joe was in his packed car, and he hollered out the window as he drove away that he had taken a different job. Believe he nearly hit the water boy as he squealed out of the parking lot.

What I don't understand with your coach Entz is the timing on his announcement. This news could have waited for another week, or three if needed. Seems odd, doesn't it?
Yeah, I don't understand that either. Early signing day is coming up in 10 days and the team has a pretty big game to prepare for - seems like a very inopportune time to make this kind of announcement when he's leaving to be a position coach.

I did hear rumblings a couple weeks ago already that Entz had something in the hopper so I wonder if they wanted to get ahead of it before it leaked???

Ivytalk
December 10th, 2023, 07:15 PM
NDSU is on a roll. The Bison will find a way on the road. 31-26.

gofurman
December 10th, 2023, 10:00 PM
I cant get to Missoula but its worth the trip to Frisco to just see the TAB family and the others

I just like Pards Rule avatar. NICE PICTURE. Furman joins you on that Avatar

Bisonator
December 11th, 2023, 08:27 AM
I picked Montana in the AGS pickem contest, went with NDSU in the poll above. If the team that played in Bozeman shows up it'll be the Griz winning if the team that stomped USD shows up I like our chances.

Ridge1982
December 11th, 2023, 09:03 AM
-1 NDSU per DraftKings

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2023, 09:19 AM
For NDSU this is the third week in a row on the road, distractions all over the place with the head coach leaving and NIL offers flying around for current players, one of the toughest road environments in the FCS, Griz defense has the horses to match the Bison offense, Griz special teams likely has a big advantage with Bergen... there's a lot going against NDSU this week which is why I'm hedging and picking the Griz to win (same as I did in the playoff pick 'em) - I'll be happy if I'm wrong but can say "I called it!" if I'm right.

However, this Bison defense has knocked out the opposing starting QBs each of the last 2 weeks and, apparently, the Griz don't have much at QB behind McDowell. If they run him 20+ times again he may not finish this game...

I also picked the Bison to lose their regular season finale to UNI and in Bozeman so I'm on a nice streak of being wrong about them losing. :)

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2023, 09:52 AM
I picked Montana in the AGS pickem contest, went with NDSU in the poll above. If the team that played in Bozeman shows up it'll be the Griz winning if the team that stomped USD shows up I like our chances.
This is pretty much where I'm at. Should be a memorable one and a great showcase for FCS regardless of outcome.

acbearkat
December 11th, 2023, 10:40 AM
It’s great Professor Chaos adds the stats. It will help me in preview of the game for The Sports Fix Substack. The preview should be up Wednesday (I’ll be working on it today and tomorrow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silenoz
December 11th, 2023, 11:02 AM
However, this Bison defense has knocked out the opposing starting QBs each of the last 2 weeks and, apparently, the Griz don't have much at QB behind McDowell. If they run him 20+ times again he may not finish this game...

If McDowell gets hurt you can probably pencil us in for around 0 offensive points from that point forward.

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2023, 10:47 PM
It's going to be the norm since the same thing happened when the last two NDSU coaches left. There ain't no way USC is going to postpone announcing the hiring of an assistant D coordinator or whatever Entz will be for a week or a month if NDSU beats Montana.

I guess it beats having your coach fired in the middle of the season.

Yeah, I don't understand that either. Early signing day is coming up in 10 days and the team has a pretty big game to prepare for - seems like a very inopportune time to make this kind of announcement when he's leaving to be a position coach.

I did hear rumblings a couple weeks ago already that Entz had something in the hopper so I wonder if they wanted to get ahead of it before it leaked???

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2023, 06:17 AM
It's going to be the norm since the same thing happened when the last two NDSU coaches left. There ain't no way USC is going to postpone announcing the hiring of an assistant D coordinator or whatever Entz will be for a week or a month if NDSU beats Montana.

I guess it beats having your coach fired in the middle of the season.
Idk... I mean Northwestern and David Braun waited until after the natty last year before announcing he was leaving and that was to be their DC (at the time). Maybe NDSU/Entz wanted this just as much as USC did so they could get a new head coach in place before signing day??? You're right that there's no good time for this but I'm not really buying that USC wanted to announce it so they did - I think there were more factors at play.

wapiti
December 12th, 2023, 10:09 AM
If Montana plays like they did against Furman, then NDSU wins this.
If they play like they did against the Bobcats then the Griz win this.

Which Griz team is going to show up?

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 10:54 AM
If Montana plays like they did against Furman, then NDSU wins this.
If they play like they did against the Bobcats then the Griz win this.

Which Griz team is going to show up?
Might depend on if we have our O-Line or not.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Interesting. I wouldn't doubt we were tipping ourselves somehow with how ineffective we were. Pretty easy thing to confirm since the seats on the West sideline are like 15 feet away from the coaches. Anyone here who can verify?

https://twitter.com/VelkJay/status/1733891774400340109?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1733891774400340109%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Interesting. I wouldn't doubt we were tipping ourselves somehow with how ineffective we were. Pretty easy thing to confirm since the seats on the West sideline are like 15 feet away from the coaches. Anyone here who can verify?

https://twitter.com/VelkJay/status/1733891774400340109?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1733891774400340109%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
https://media.tenor.com/13S9Xe2VG7gAAAAM/jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 11:34 AM
https://media.tenor.com/13S9Xe2VG7gAAAAM/jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif
Hey, I'm not claiming any sort of foul play. But if our gameplan is either A) so predictable that your sideline knows the exact play we're running, or B) we are tipping our own plays, then it's both kudos to your team for outsmarting us, and concerning for me that we have less than one week to fix it.

Again, if you had come to WaGriz, you would know how easy to verify that it is because the fans are right ontop of the players and coaches, and the visiting Furman fans are only one section over from that.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2023, 11:53 AM
Hey, I'm not claiming any sort of foul play. But if our gameplan is either A) so predictable that your sideline knows the exact play we're running, or B) we are tipping our own plays, then it's both kudos to your team for outsmarting us, and concerning for me that we have less than one week to fix it.

Again, if you had come to WaGriz, you would know how easy to verify that it is because the fans are right ontop of the players and coaches, and the visiting Furman fans are only one section over from that.As a Griz Fan (See FUBeAR's avatar), FUBeAR certainly wasn't implying that you were implying that Furman committed any improprieties.

It's just an old familiar line that Coaches (FUBeAR was one) always hear from 'knowledgeable' fans... "I can sit in the stands and call every play we run. We are so predictable." ... but can't name 5 actual Football plays. "They knew all of our plays. They were calling them out." - Uh huh...and the 70 people on the sidelines were calling out 69 other things also....

It's all horse-hockey.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 12:00 PM
As a Griz Fan (See FUBeAR's avatar), FUBeAR certainly wasn't implying that you were implying that Furman committed any improprieties.

It's just an old familiar line that Coaches (FUBeAR was one) always hear from 'knowledgeable' fans... "I can sit in the stands and call every play we run. We are so predictable." ... but can't name 5 actual Football plays. "They knew all of our plays. They were calling them out." - Uh huh...and the 70 people on the sidelines were calling out 69 other things also....

It's all horse-hockey.
You're resistant, because you think I'm trying to downplay the stellar defensive results by Furman, and I'm not.

But if multiple people are corroborating that they were calling our exact plays out from the sideline, our coaches better figure that **** out ahead of NDSU. Because if they tee off on McDowell, it's game over.

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2023, 12:04 PM

I don't really buy the sign stealing stuff. I think it had way more to do with Furman's outstanding front 7 and us having to play 3rd stringers on our offensive line.

I think another big reason we were more ineffective than we've been in a while is that McDowell played probably his worst game since the Idaho State game. He had some production, but just made uncharacteristically bad decisions all night.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 12:09 PM
I don't really buy the sign stealing stuff. I think it had way more to do with Furman's outstanding front 7 and us having to play 3rd stringers on our offensive line.

I think another big reason we were more ineffective than we've been in a while is that McDowell played probably his worst game since the Idaho State game. He had some production, but just made uncharacteristically bad decisions all night.
It doesn't have to be sign stealing. It can also mean that our playcalling is so predictable based on formations, movements, etc., that they have too good of an idea of what play we're calling. Is that from Roper knowing Hauck? Or teams having enough film on McDowell? Or Hauck offenses in general?

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2023, 12:21 PM
You're resistant, because you think I'm trying to downplay the stellar defensive results by Furman, and I'm not.

But if multiple people are corroborating that they were calling our exact plays out from the sideline, our coaches better figure that **** out ahead of NDSU. Because if they tee off on McDowell, it's game over.
Think whatever you want.

FUBeAR is beyond certain that FUBeAR doesn’t require Silenoz’ (or anyone’s) validation for him to know how good Furman’s Defense was this season. FUBeAR has eyes, Football knowledge & experience as a College Player & Coach, and FUBeAR can read & do some limited cipherin’.

All of the ish you are talking about in this line of a football conversation is horse-hockey. It’s like those 2 idiots/posers on the Griz podcast (hmmm?) saying a Furman OLman was tipping run or pass by his stance, when probably more than 60% of Furman’s passes are RPO’s. He doesn’t know if it’s gonna be run or pass, but our podcast geniuses do.

Hey - if it makes you feel like you are more of a part of the game, have fun … but it’s all horse-hockey.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 12:30 PM
Well, I'm guessing based on your repeated use of the phrase "horse hockey" that you played a billion years ago, so perhaps the game has changed just a bit since then xlolx

I'm also having a real hard time with the "FuBear this" and "FuBear that". This guy took POD's smack crown? :D

gotts
December 12th, 2023, 12:42 PM
Well, I'm guessing based on your repeated use of the phrase "horse hockey" that you played a billion years ago, so perhaps the game has changed just a bit since then xlolx

I'm also having a real hard time with the "FuBear this" and "FuBear that". This guy took POD's smack crown? :D

Is horse hockey cost prohibitive because you need 2 pairs of skates?

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2023, 12:46 PM
It doesn't have to be sign stealing. It can also mean that our playcalling is so predictable based on formations, movements, etc., that they have too good of an idea of what play we're calling. Is that from Roper knowing Hauck? Or teams having enough film on McDowell? Or Hauck offenses in general?
Chris Walker played 2 drives for us at LT, and we gained 102 of our 350 total yards and scored 10 points, including our only TD before OT.

I think that had way more to do with the lack of production the rest of the game when we had our backup LT and 3rd string LG trying to hold those guys back.

We just saw guys losing on the LOS and McDowell making a lot of questionable reads. The plays were there to be made when the OL held up. I'm not buying that they figured us out so completely.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2023, 01:00 PM

If FUBeAR played 5 billion years ago, it would be more recently than either of those podcast idiots/posers actually earned a letter playing Football for Montana.

But - yeah - FUBeAR hasn't Coached since the 2013 season, so it's been a while. Has the game changed that much in the past 10 years? Maybe it has. How much has it changed since you last played and/or Coached College Football?

Also - you seem to have somehow gotten the impression - maybe because we're both now Griz fans - that FUBeAR's gives a rat's rear end about your opinion. Rest assured. He does not.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 01:07 PM
Chris Walker played 2 drives for us at LT, and we gained 102 of our 350 total yards and scored 10 points, including our only TD before OT.

I think that had way more to do with the lack of production the rest of the game when we had our backup LT and 3rd string LG trying to hold those guys back.

We just saw guys losing on the LOS and McDowell making a lot of questionable reads. The plays were there to be made when the OL held up. I'm not buying that they figured us out so completely.
That is true. It's amazing how we cannot develop anything resembling depth at the o-line

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 01:10 PM
Also - you seem to have somehow gotten the impression - maybe because we're both now Griz fans - that FUBeAR's gives a rat's rear end about your opinion. Rest assured. He does not.

Here's the thing about the Internet old man. You're here, putting it out there. And I'm here, ridiculing you for it. You don't have to care, but it's still happening.

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2023, 01:17 PM
That is true. It's amazing how we cannot develop anything resembling depth at the o-line
I think any team that had 3 guys who all play on the same side get hurt would struggle immensely, and that's not necessarily a depth problem.

It's kind of like Griz fans last year complaining that our backup QB couldn't beat two top 10 teams on the road. 95%+ of other FCS backup QBs couldn't do that, either. Any team relying on their 3rd string OL in multiple positions is going to struggle.

My sincere hope is that Walker and Brown can play this weekend.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Here's the thing about the Internet old man. You're here, putting it out there. And I'm here, ridiculing you for it. You don't have to care, but it's still happening.
Here's the other thing about the internet, dip****. You have no ****ing idea what you're talking about and FUBeAR does. And FUBeAR is calling you out for your absolute ignorance about the game of Football. You can pretend that you think you know something, but you don't. And that being obvious to anyone that does know anything about Football is what is actually happening.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 01:24 PM
I think any team that had 3 guys who all play on the same side get hurt would struggle immensely, and that's not necessarily a depth problem.
Well, for better or worse, MSU lost Sain, and I believe several other starters for weeks at a time, and never skipped a beat (uh, other than the Brawl, obviously).

If there is one thing they seem to have built up, it's a roster of lineman. I guess that is more of an exception to the rule, but I'm jealous dammit.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 01:26 PM
Here's the other thing about the internet, dip****. You have no ****ing idea what you're talking about and FUBeAR does. And FUBeAR is calling you out for your absolute ignorance about the game of Football. You can pretend that you think you know something, but you don't. And that being obvious to anyone that does know anything about Football is what is actually happening.
Did previous Smack Champs get this triggered? Aren't you inviting it by wearing that crown? xrotatehx

Silenoz
December 12th, 2023, 01:31 PM
NDSU fans, watching their thread get hijacked by a Montana fan arguing with a Furman fan pretending to be a Montana fan xdrunkyx xlolx

Grizzlies82
December 12th, 2023, 01:33 PM

It's kind of like Griz fans last year complaining that our backup QB couldn't beat two top 10 teams on the road. 95%+ of other FCS backup QBs couldn't do that, either.

Seems like a simple fix. Clearly the solution is to play all of our linemen on the other side of the line.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2023, 01:33 PM
Did previous Smack Champs get this triggered? Aren't you inviting it by wearing that crown? xrotatehx
You're right.

FUBeAR, normally, does not engage with complete ****ing idiots, but he, somehow, had arrived at the impression, previously, that you merited some level of engagement. He was wrong.

Be on your way; happy to delude yourself in your fog of ignorance.

Dusty Kitten
December 12th, 2023, 01:45 PM
Most of this will totally take care of itself on the field Saturday

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Well, for better or worse, MSU lost Sain, and I believe several other starters for weeks at a time, and never skipped a beat (uh, other than the Brawl, obviously).

If there is one thing they seem to have built up, it's a roster of lineman. I guess that is more of an exception to the rule, but I'm jealous dammit.
I mean, they also run a high school offense with much easier blocking concepts, and their guys struggle with pass protection when they need to do it. Quite a bit easier to reload in that system. lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2023, 05:04 AM
North Dakota State vs. Montana Prediction, Odds, Picks for College Football Week 16 [2023] (dimers.com) (https://www.dimers.com/news/north-dakota-state-vs-montana-prediction-odds-picks-for-college-football-week-16-2023-47503)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2023, 05:10 AM
IMO, it looks like the Bison should attack between the tackles with the run game and QB run game. The Griz are pretty decent on the edge in the run game. A gap power with the FB lead blocking looks like it will produce against some of these defensive alignments the Griz use.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2023, 06:57 AM

......GRIZZWOLDS.....WATCH DUH FAKE............BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2023, 08:05 AM
The wise guys don't seem to know what to do with this game - I've seen betting lines anywhere from NDSU -2.5 to Montana -1 and we still have 3 days until kickoff.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2023, 09:38 AM

It's kind of like Griz fans last year complaining that our backup QB couldn't beat two top 10 teams on the road. 95%+ of other FCS backup QBs couldn't do that, either. Any team relying on their 3rd string OL in multiple positions is going to struggle.

My sincere hope is that Walker and Brown can play this weekend.
What were their injuries?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question but I haven't watched much of MT's games this season, have the Griz always used that wide gap oline alignment?

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2023, 11:33 AM
What were their injuries?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question but I haven't watched much of MT's games this season, have the Griz always used that wide gap oline alignment?
Brown's was an ankle (sprain?), and Walker's was a knee issue that looked bad, but he managed to be able to run around last weekend, so probably not as bad as feared.

The wide splits are something we started using in the Idaho State game (or around there), I think.

mvemjsunpx
December 13th, 2023, 08:54 PM
The wise guys don't seem to know what to do with this game - I've seen betting lines anywhere from NDSU -2.5 to Montana -1 and we still have 3 days until kickoff.

The range I'm seeing goes from Bison -1.5 (BetRivers) to Griz -1.5 (Sports Bet Montana). The only other one favoring Montana is FanDuel.

The Sagarins & Masseys are both favoring NDSU by 3. Of course, the Sagarins are still ranking the Bobcats higher than UM… xchinscratchx

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2023, 09:05 PM

Residing in Bozeman must **** with your head if you're feeling anything resembling jealousy towards the cats right now. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Bison routed the Griz last year in the playoffs 49-26 and rushed for 453 yards with a 10.8 ypc average. They do that again in the rushing game it will be an easy win for the Bison.

For the Bison make the Griz prove they can stop the run. Mix in play action passing. Now do the Bison pass to set up the run?

putter
December 14th, 2023, 01:49 PM
Last year the Bison had 4 TD runs OVER 68 yards! And a fumble recovery in the endzone. A 21-20 game in the 3rd QTR turned into a blowout. Run D needs to be tough all game.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2023, 02:13 PM
This Griz defense seems to be night and day better compared to the defense they brought to the Fargodome last year - especially on the d-line. I think the Bison o-line will have their work cut out for them especially with big #99 (Gubner) anchoring that Griz defense. Cam Miller is going to have to be better throwing the ball than he's been in their last 2 outdoor games vs Montana St and SDSU because I don't think the Bison will have anywhere near the success running the ball that they did in last year's playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2023, 02:30 PM
This Griz defense seems to be night and day better compared to the defense they brought to the Fargodome last year - especially on the d-line. I think the Bison o-line will have their work cut out for them especially with big #99 (Gubner) anchoring that Griz defense. Cam Miller is going to have to be better throwing the ball than he's been in their last 2 outdoor games vs Montana St and SDSU because I don't think the Bison will have anywhere near the success running the ball that they did in last year's playoffs.

Maybe not to the total of 450+ like last year but I think they can run on this defense. 3-3-5 where they crowd the line of scrimmage on pressures only takes the RB getting to the 2nd level quick and they are gone...example last year and multiple long TD runs.

IMO, the Bison will pass to set up the run. Cam has been playing really well the end of the season and playoffs and it takes it really tough to defend an offense when both run/pass are moving the ball. Then add in QB run game.

Grizzlies82
December 14th, 2023, 03:18 PM
Maybe not to the total of 450+ like last year but I think they can run on this defense. 3-3-5 where they crowd the line of scrimmage on pressures only takes the RB getting to the 2nd level quick and they are gone...example last year and multiple long TD runs.

IMO, the Bison will pass to set up the run. Cam has been playing really well the end of the season and playoffs and it takes it really tough to defend an offense when both run/pass are moving the ball. Then add in QB run game.

I wouldn't say Miller was playing all that well over in Bozeman.

He is one of your top runners and he gained a total of 15 yards rushing. He completed 5 of 13 passes for 66 yards.
Your other QB, Payton, is also one of your top runners. He had 20 yards rushing, and completed 1 of 1 passes.

The bobcat's defense thoroughly stymied both of these guys. Can't say if the Grizzly defense will do as well, but I can say they are better than MSU's.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2023, 03:37 PM

He is one of your top runners and he gained a total of 15 yards rushing. He completed 5 of 13 passes for 66 yards.
Your other QB, Payton, is also one of your top runners. He had 20 yards rushing, and completed 1 of 1 passes.

The bobcat's defense thoroughly stymied both of these guys. Can't say if the Grizzly defense will do as well, but I can say they are better than MSU's.

Then he (Miller) was 13-15 for 210 against a USD defense that is statistically better than MSU's. NDSU still ran for 324 against MSU although there is some lost yardage there with sacks IIRC. All about matchups. Plus the Bison have been running better with an OL shakeup late in the season.

IMO, the Bison can run against this Griz defense from what I've seen. Now, they have to go out there and prove it.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2023, 04:20 PM

Good points but Miller got dinged up in the MSU game early on and it probably had something to do with his play. The Griz defense looks way better than last years.

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 06:15 PM
All of the pressure is on Montana. The Bison are playing with house money......lets find out if the Griz are a program that wins games they should. :D

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2023, 07:45 PM
All of the pressure is on Montana. The Bison are playing with house money......lets find out if the Griz are a program that wins games they should. :D
Your team is favored, what are you talking about? lmao

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 07:52 PM

Favored IN Wa-Griz....nonsense. It's gonna be cold and loud there. You guys are the favorites. Those guys are morons.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2023, 07:52 PM
It is amazing how they are favored but unseeded and Montana. How does that math work.

Grizalltheway
December 14th, 2023, 07:57 PM
It is amazing how they are favored but unseeded and Montana. How does that math work.
Dunno. People buying the hype after blowing out an overrated USD? Combined with a narrow Griz win over 7 seed Furman, who at full strength were really 2 or 3 seed quality.

Christiank22
December 14th, 2023, 08:06 PM
Favored IN Wa-Griz....nonsense. It's gonna be cold and loud there. You guys are the favorites. Those guys are morons.

Did you know we are playing TWO TIME FCS champs Montana?? Imagine that kind of success… wow…

Not to mention it’s gonna be cold AND loud!

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2023, 08:37 PM

By about a point depending where you look, and I've even seen where the Griz are favored so it's about a tossup. From the Montana perspective though, you have to be thinking "if we can't beat the Bison now, when will we?"

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 08:46 PM
By about a point depending where you look, and I've even seen where the Griz are favored so it's about a tossup. From the Montana perspective though, you have to be thinking "if we can't beat the Bison now, when will we?"

They've already beat them. Tickets booked to Frisco.

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2023, 08:52 PM
You're talking to a fanbase that thought their team was going to go 5-6 just a few months ago. Hell, I still feel like we're the football team equivalent of 3 kids in a trench coat trying to sneak into the movies.

It's honestly weird to see you guys trying to sandbag this hard lol

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 08:55 PM
You're talking to a fanbase that thought their team was going to go 5-6 just a few months ago. Hell, I still feel like we're the football team equivalent of 3 kids in a trench coat trying to sneak into the movies.

We lost to all 3 other Dakota schools during the reg season. We can all suck together.

acbearkat
December 14th, 2023, 08:56 PM
We lost to all 3 other Dakota schools during the reg season. We can all suck together.

[emoji38]

SteelSD
December 14th, 2023, 08:57 PM
Mmiller has trained the Bison fans well!

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2023, 09:06 PM

I'm not trying to sandbag at all. I think the oddsmakers are right and this game is a tossup, I'm optimistic but I know it's not a gimme. Yes a loss will hurt but before too long we'll look back at the USD & UND games as what was ultimately our downfall this season.

My point is that from the Griz point of view, you've been rolling along for 8 games now beating 4 top 10 teams in the process, you have home field advantage while NDSU is playing their 3rd straight road game (plus NDSU didn't get a bye), and we're going through the distraction of a coaching change the week of the game. The thought "if we don't beat them now, we're NEVER beating them" is sure to be out there.

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 09:15 PM
I'm not trying to sandbag at all. I think the oddsmakers are right and this game is a tossup, I'm optimistic but I know it's not a gimme. Yes a loss will hurt but before too long we'll look back at the USD & UND games as what was ultimately our downfall this season.

My point is that from the Griz point of view, you've been rolling along for 8 games now beating 4 top 10 teams in the process, you have home field advantage while NDSU is playing their 3rd straight road game (plus NDSU didn't get a bye), and we're going through the distraction of a coaching change the week of the game. The thought "if we don't beat them now, we're NEVER beating them" is sure to be out there.

Except they did beat us last time we were there. :D

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 09:18 PM
This Griz team is better than that Griz team....and that Bison team is better than this Bison team....therefore through 4th wall comparative scores, gimme the Griz by 21.

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2023, 09:19 PM

This is exactly what cat fans said about our game against them last year after they kicked our asses. "Damn, your one chance at beating us ever again is gone". Whoops.

Maybe other teams' fans get defeatist like that, but I've never felt that way.

Personally, if we're talking about doubts creeping in, I would much rather lose to NDSU this weekend than win and then get pasted in the championship, because that's actually the point where I'll start to wonder if I'll ever see a championship again in my lifetime. If this Montana team can make the semis, I think we can do it again, but getting to yet another championship game and failing to deliver would hurt me so much worse. lol

Christiank22
December 14th, 2023, 09:21 PM
This Griz team is better than that Griz team....and that Bison team is better than this Bison team....therefore through 4th wall comparative scores, gimme the Griz by 21.

21? You must not be factoring in the cold and loud scale. 42 minimum

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 09:30 PM
21? You must not be factoring in the cold and loud scale. 42 minimum

How do we convert comparable scores of "loud and cold" versus "loud and smokey"?

acbearkat
December 14th, 2023, 09:30 PM
How do we convert comparable scores of "loud and cold" versus "loud and smokey"?

[emoji38]

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2023, 09:31 PM
This is exactly what cat fans said about our game against them last year after they kicked our asses. "Damn, your one chance at beating us ever again is gone". Whoops.

Maybe other teams' fans get defeatist like that, but I've never felt that way.

Personally, if we're talking about doubts creeping in, I would much rather lose to NDSU this weekend than win and then get pasted in the championship, because that's actually the point where I'll start to wonder if I'll ever see a championship again in my lifetime. If this Montana team can make the semis, I think we can do it again, but getting to yet another championship game and failing to deliver would hurt me so much worse. lol

The winner of this game is gonna get pasted in the natty, so I guess we should be cheering for each other in this game? xlolx

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 09:33 PM
The winner of this game is gonna get pasted in the natty, so I guess we should be cheering for each other in this game? xlolx

We say that....and then Albany beats SDSU Friday night. xlolx

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2023, 09:35 PM
We say that....and then Albany beats SDSU Friday night. xlolx
Actually, if we're categorizing the worst thing that could happen to the Griz this season, it would absolutely be winning this weekend and then losing to another CAA school in the championship game that we're favored against. xbawlingx

Herder
December 14th, 2023, 10:04 PM
It’s rather humorous to me that all the Griz fans want to talk about is their meaningless regular season win in 2015, and no mention of multiple pastings at the hands of the bison when the games actually mattered in the playoffs. This selective memory Super Bowl syndrome is very Sioux-esk.

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2023, 10:05 PM
It’s rather humorous to me that all the Griz fans want to talk about is their meaningless regular season win in 2015, and no mention of multiple pastings at the hands of the bison when the games actually mattered in the playoffs. This selective memory syndrome is very Sioux-esk.

Think it's more Bison fans talking about their 2015 win in this thread.

Herder
December 14th, 2023, 10:09 PM
Think it's more Bison fans talking about their 2015 win in this thread.

Regardless, it was a useless regular season game. Saturday it counts.

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2023, 10:13 PM
You say this like we all didn't watch us get our asses handed to us later in 2015 in the playoffs lmao

POD Knows
December 14th, 2023, 10:24 PM
This is sound reasoning.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2023, 04:23 AM
It’s rather humorous to me that all the Griz fans want to talk about is their meaningless regular season win in 2015, and no mention of multiple pastings at the hands of the bison when the games actually mattered in the playoffs. This selective memory Super Bowl syndrome is very Sioux-esk.

IMO, even if the Bison have half the rushing yards compared to last year's playoff matchup and a decent passing game, they have a very good chance of winning tomorrow.

And that bolded part is spot on....xlolxxthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2023, 08:59 AM
With all the big sportsbooks now listing the game the spread is tilting in Montana's favor - NDSU isn't favored anywhere anymore with it ranging from a pick 'em to Montana -2.5: https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

Grizalltheway
December 15th, 2023, 09:21 AM

And none of the previous games have any bearing on what happens tomorrow.

Silenoz
December 15th, 2023, 09:44 AM
Actually, if we're categorizing the worst thing that could happen to the Griz this season, it would absolutely be winning this weekend and then losing to another CAA school in the championship game that we're favored against. xbawlingx
Hauck would never allow that to happen again... for the 4th time.

This is why I just assumed long, long ago that we'd never get another title xdrunkyx

Karl Havoc
December 15th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Any insights into the health of the Griz o-line?

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Any insights into the health of the Griz o-line?
Reporter Kyle Hansen had a feature on Chris Walker at practice this week, so good chance he'll be good to go.

No idea about Liam Brown, though.

I'm more concerned about our starting Safeties Ryder Meyer and Nash Fouch who both left last week's game with injuries.

GreatAppSt
December 15th, 2023, 09:09 PM
Go GRIZ!!!xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2023, 11:42 PM
The official race for 2nd. xlolx

Paladin1aa
December 16th, 2023, 08:45 AM

True. 😁

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2023, 09:14 AM

Probably. But answer me this: was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 09:28 AM
Probably. But answer me this: was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

It wasn’t the Nazis. It was the Japanese.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 09:44 AM

Seriously.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2023, 09:59 AM

Turn in your man card.

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2023, 10:24 AM
xlolx

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Then he (Miller) was 13-15 for 210 against a USD defense that is statistically better than MSU's. NDSU still ran for 324 against MSU although there is some lost yardage there with sacks IIRC. All about matchups. Plus the Bison have been running better with an OL shakeup late in the season.

IMO, the Bison can run against this Griz defense from what I've seen. Now, they have to go out there and prove it.

Your QB Miller seems like a nice guy, so I am happy for him.

After his season ends in Missoula later today, he will be able to fondly remember that game... You know that one in So Dakota when he played so well.
Rather like Bogart saying "We'll always have Paris". Miller will be able to say "We'll always have Vermillion". xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2023, 11:21 AM
Your QB Miller seems like a nice guy, so I am happy for him.

After his season ends in Missoula later today, he will be able to fondly remember that game... You know that one in So Dakota when he played so well.
Rather like Bogart saying "We'll always have Paris". Miller will be able to say "We'll always have Vermillion". xthumbsupx

With a season completion % of 74%, safe to say there was more than 1 good game....

Griz = paper tiger

F'N Hawks
December 16th, 2023, 11:31 AM
Poalsek gonna be there scouting his roster?

AGrizFan999
December 16th, 2023, 11:51 AM
Buffalo chip, buffalo chip, munch, munch, munch. Bison, Bison eat your lunch.
Bringing back and old high school cheer. :D

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2023, 12:00 PM
With a season completion % of 74%, safe to say there was more than 1 good game....

Griz = paper tiger

Safe to say his completion % will be lower after today.

NDSU Buffs = Grizzlies pre championship game appetizer

FUBeAR
December 16th, 2023, 12:21 PM
FUBeAR thinks about weird things sometimes…

Reckon has there ever been a single day in history when Bison(s) Football Teams appeared on 3 National Broadcasts?

https://www.minnpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/bison-grazing_main.jpg?resize=640%2C427&strip=all

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2023, 12:35 PM
Finally feeling those game day nerves.

Best of luck to everyone today, and I hope it's a really good game. xthumbsupx

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 12:36 PM
Not nervous at all, strangely calm, I get like that when I know the future, Montana 28 NDSU 10 #BOOKIT

robsnotes4u
December 16th, 2023, 12:43 PM

You must be young. One of the greatest lines ever in film

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 01:44 PM
Well, I believe "IF" the Bizon get by Montana today (they will).. I really like their chances of a rematch in Frisco vs. the Blue Bunny's..

GooooooBizon!!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 01:45 PM
Not nervous at all, strangely clam, I get like that when I know the future, Montana 28 NDSU 10 #BOOKITI was thinking 3-2 in 3 OTs..

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2023, 01:59 PM
I concur with uofmman above. Anxious for the kickoff to get this going. Expecting a very good game for us all to enjoy.

Best wishes to everyone, and to all a good night. xdrunkyx

Go Griz!

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2023, 02:07 PM
The betting line roller coaster continues for this game - NDSU now favored by 1 to 2.5 points depending on the book.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 03:11 PM
If the Griz come out of the gate quick, it snowballs just like last night's game. Gonna hurt to watch.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 03:12 PM
The betting line roller coaster continues for this game - NDSU now favored by 1 to 2.5 points depending on the book.

That line has gone back and forth. I think yesterday on ESPN Montana was favored by 2.

Paladin1aa
December 16th, 2023, 03:18 PM
I got the Bison. Run game dominates.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 03:23 PM
Game will start on ESPN News...Houston vs A&M hoops won't be over for another 25-30 minutes....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 03:29 PM
My vote just made it 41/41...lol. This is going to be good!!

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 03:32 PM
My vote just made it 41/41...lol. This is going to be good!!

My vote just broke the tie.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 03:33 PM
Christ. Is this color guy for this game the “neck roll” guy from that other game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 03:36 PM
What a catch!! Holy Crap!!

ElCid
December 16th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Seriously.

He must be too young.

SeattleCat
December 16th, 2023, 03:51 PM
Griz look like they thought the Bison would just roll over for them.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 03:52 PM
That was a dangerous pass.

putter
December 16th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Feel free to call a hold

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 03:53 PM
Feel free to call a hold

There we go.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 03:55 PM
Back to back false starts.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 03:55 PM
It's loud and cold.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Miller just needs to take off and run.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 03:58 PM
The third false start saved North Dakota State from disaster.

putter
December 16th, 2023, 03:59 PM
There we go.

Really? There is holding on every play but that play was more than obvious and allowed Miller to get the pass off

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 04:01 PM
Really? There is holding on every play but that play was more than obvious and allowed Miller to get the pass off

Uh huh.....you watch too much Fluffy ball.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 04:02 PM
Uh huh.....you watch too much Fluffy ball.

He must have never watched a Big 12 game. Holding is rarely called.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2023, 04:03 PM
He must have never watched a Big 12 game. Holding is rarely called.

Holding is Big Sky speak for "getting pushed around"

Bison56
December 16th, 2023, 04:04 PM

Never fails xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 04:05 PM
Now the 'Griz with a sick catch!!

SeattleCat
December 16th, 2023, 04:07 PM
These announcers are terrible.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 04:14 PM
TD Griz! That was a helluva play by the QB to set up the TD run...

putter
December 16th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Holding is Big Sky speak for "getting pushed around"
No.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 04:22 PM
Dog**** PI Christ.

Benne
December 16th, 2023, 04:24 PM
Holding is Big Sky speak for "getting pushed around"No kidding. Let the beef play or dive better.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
Refs clearly have money on the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Dog**** PI Christ.

That was weak! Where are the refs from?

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 04:26 PM
Complete joke and game changing

peavy
December 16th, 2023, 04:31 PM
SoCon
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1736087125412438052

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Wow.. I really have no dog in this fight but these ****ing refs are homer's..

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 04:40 PM
Missed a false start on the FG. But he would have probably made it from 50 anyway.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 04:46 PM
I saw an NFL team run that 4th down play recently! I think it was the Chiefs in their own territory against the Packers?

This game is such a treat to watch! The level of play, atmosphere, uniforms etc. are just awesome....

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 04:47 PM
That is a beautiful scenery for a football stadium.

Chalupa Batman
December 16th, 2023, 04:58 PM
I saw an NFL team run that 4th down play recently! I think it was the Chiefs in their own territory against the Packers?

This game is such a treat to watch! The level of play, atmosphere, uniforms etc. are just awesome....

Washington Huskies ran that same play in a tie game against Washington State from about their own 30 late in the 4th quarter.

Chalupa Batman
December 16th, 2023, 04:59 PM
Refs missed a 12 men on the field/offsides penalty on the play we spiked the ball. Extra 5 yards and couple seconds could’ve been huge there.

Christiank22
December 16th, 2023, 05:09 PM
Man the ESPN analysis is so bad…

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 05:11 PM
Washington Huskies ran that same play in a tie game against Washington State from about their own 30 late in the 4th quarter.

That's what it was!!! You're right! I knew it was in the last 2-3 weeks....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 05:13 PM
15 yards?!?! I dunno about roughing there....running in yes

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:15 PM
I give up. Idiot penalty.

Bison56
December 16th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Bonehead penalties.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 05:16 PM
15 yards?!?! I dunno about roughing there....running in yes

It was an acting job. There was a penalty but it should have been of the 5 yard variety.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:18 PM
Good job by the Bison D. I am for a rule change with punters. If you have one of those kickers that ROLLS out before they kick they should be fair game to be hit. How do you know they aren’t gonna run the ball. Not arguing with the call as it was roughing under the current rule

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Penalty festival. Just terrible.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2023, 05:23 PM
These refs are really in the back pocket of Montana with the non penalties.

Born a Rabbit
December 16th, 2023, 05:26 PM
d lineman clearly tackled on the 3rd down pass play. ends up not mattering

Chalupa Batman
December 16th, 2023, 05:28 PM
d lineman clearly tackled on the 3rd down pass play. ends up not mattering

You are clearly mistaken. Only NDSU gets away with holding.

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Geessshh.. Has the Bizon ever played a worse game?

Born a Rabbit
December 16th, 2023, 05:31 PM
You are clearly mistaken. Only NDSU gets away with holding.

good one)) if i am being honest, i feel like MSU is the most blatant holding team i have witnessed in the last several years

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 05:32 PM
Not sure Payton is much of a threat in a game like this. Bison's run game is more dangerous with Miller in there imo...

Bison56
December 16th, 2023, 05:33 PM
Maybe let Payton throw one.

Christiank22
December 16th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Some of these no calls are insane…

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 05:44 PM
Maybe let Payton throw one.LOL.. I told my son in law NDSU is looking like YSU.. penaltys, stopped running the ball, and a reserve QB play that even Stevie Wonder knows he's running..

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:45 PM
Penalties hurt but Brozio needs to make this catch and some real head shaking calls deep in Montana territory

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 05:47 PM
Wow! I can't believe the Griz recovered that!

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:49 PM
Why didn’t Montana have that other guy kick the FG. Seems like he has a lot more leg.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2023, 05:49 PM
If NDSU pulls this one off, I'd love for Matt Entz to call out the refs and mention how they couldn't be more one-sided in this game.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:50 PM
Wow! I can't believe the Griz recovered that!
I can’t either. Bison all around it. Some days you have it some days you don’t.

gofurman
December 16th, 2023, 05:51 PM
Same as versus Furman. Furman gave up punt and kick off return. I said BOTH TEAMS had a special teams problem

Montana went 2-4 on FGs versus us. Missing both attempts over 40 yards. I noted that could cost them. Never seen a guy so short on these FGs. Soon as he kicked it just now I said “short again”.

that could cost em

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:53 PM
Can NDSU run a screen pass. JFC. They are sending the house

mvfcfan
December 16th, 2023, 05:54 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Another huge special teams play for the Griz! Wow!

acbearkat
Do not kick to Junior Bergen!

SeattleCat
December 16th, 2023, 05:55 PM
Yeah you don't kick to Bergen.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 05:55 PM
That is a HUGE missed extra point.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:56 PM
Do not kick to Junior Bergen!

They have been kicking low and short kicks and getting the rolls but Bergen played up on that and it was all she wrote. Plus some ****ty tackling but that ****er is hard to bring down.

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 05:57 PM
Though I never get to say this but ****ing golden Buffalo's tackle like 3rd grade girls WTF..

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 05:59 PM
Though I never get to say this but ****ing golden Buffalo's tackle like 3rd grade girls WTF..

Somebody on Bisonville posted some tackling stats and NDSU was ranked in the hundreds

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 06:00 PM
Another false start.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 06:02 PM
The penalty disparity is "interesting".

Bison with another huge drop...yikes...

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Omg. Major pass drops in critical situation. Not making plays. Don’t deserve to win

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 06:06 PM
Montana can run screen passes. Why can’t the bison.

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 06:07 PM
Somebody on Bisonville posted some tackling stats and NDSU was ranked in the hundredsThey are always tackling the ball rarely see a hit below the thigh pads..

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 06:09 PM
They are always tackling the ball rarely see a hit below the thigh pads..

Someone, maybe Prof Chaos,’has that tackling stat but it has been a problem all year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 06:10 PM
NDSU just not executing, making plays! He was wide open!!

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Wow. When miller gets amped up he overthrows receivers left and right

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 06:12 PM
What a dumb penalty!

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Man Miller sucks afraid to run and can't connect past 10 yards..

ysubigred
December 16th, 2023, 06:14 PM
Man Miller sucks afraid to run and can't connect past 10 yards..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk[emoji3][emoji56]

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 06:15 PM
Just like last week...will NDSU go for 2 if they score?

Sader87
December 16th, 2023, 06:16 PM

They should

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 06:17 PM

The answer is no.

Go Lehigh TU owl
I can't believe Miller made that throw. I'm not sure he knows where he is right now...

JSUSoutherner
Anyone else's stream skipping like mad?

POD Knows
Scored too early.

acbearkat
December 16th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Like I said earlier that a was HUGE missed extra point.

Sader87
December 16th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Mistake by NDSU there

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2023, 06:19 PM
Cam might not know where he is. Should have gone for 2 and made their Kicker feel the pressure if they converted.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2023, 06:20 PM
Mistake by NDSU there
Yea. They score too early. It haunts you more often than not.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2023, 06:26 PM
OT!! This is awesome! I'm interested to see what type of shape Miller is in when the chips are down. He took a huge shot the play before the TD and had a clear deer in the headlights look to him...

mvfcfan
December 16th, 2023, 06:31 PM
That was easy smh