PDA

View Full Version : Craig Bohl retires

Silenoz
December 6th, 2023, 11:38 AM
https://gowyo.com/news/2023/12/6/craig-bohl-announces-his-retirement-as-head-coach-of-wyoming-football.aspx

Anyone have word on Vigen's current whereabouts? xlolx

Or maybe they try to return to the NDSU well with Entz?

edit: Nope, seems they've already made an internal hire

https://gowyo.com/news/2023/12/6/jay-sawvel-named-head-coach-of-cowboy-football.aspx

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 11:40 AM
I’ve had enough

can’t put up with anymore

SPM

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2023, 11:44 AM
Tip o' the hat to Coach Bohl - when he was hired at NDSU they were just starting their transition to D1. He guided the program through that and built an FCS powerhouse in the process. The circumstances of his departure could've been better but his accomplishments were remarkable nonetheless. NDSU's all time winningest head football coach and one of only 5 head coaches with 3 or more D1AA/FCS national titles (Erk Russell, Jim Tressel, Jerry Moore, and Chris Klieman are the others). Happy retirement coach!

SteelSD
December 6th, 2023, 03:31 PM
This is interesting. We lost a number of 2024 recruits to Wyoming. I wonder if this makes those players rethink their commitment? Bohl was a good coach that still recruited the areas that the xDSU's hit hard. I wonder if the new coach will recruit those areas or if this helps the DSU's out by eliminating one of the few teams who was really dedicated to hitting our areas?

Franks Tanks
December 6th, 2023, 08:52 PM
He had a very good run. Just being able to retire as a coach on your own terms in a win. Many just get fired and can’t find another decent job when they reach a certain age.

nickp
December 7th, 2023, 09:10 AM
What a career for Coach Craig Bohl!

dewey
December 7th, 2023, 10:20 PM
Tip o' the hat to Coach Bohl - when he was hired at NDSU they were just starting their transition to D1. He guided the program through that and built an FCS powerhouse in the process. The circumstances of his departure could've been better but his accomplishments were remarkable nonetheless. NDSU's all time winningest head football coach and one of only 5 head coaches with 3 or more D1AA/FCS national titles (Erk Russell, Jim Tressel, Jerry Moore, and Chris Klieman are the others). Happy retirement coach!

100% agreed. Thanks for all of the great memories coach.

Dewey

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2023, 08:08 AM
From the time I met him at the NDSU meet in Minneapolis in 2003, you just knew he was a special person. Best to you in your retirement.