PDA

View Full Version : This article makes JMU fans feel real good

BDKJMU
December 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/college.aspx?articleid=26761&zoneid=140

Sorry if this has been posted before. Haven't been on here in a few weeks..was still getting over the ASU loss....

KiddBrewer
December 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM
dang, good article, we are sooooo lucky, a lot of the time.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM
At the beginning of the season with Landers taking over the reins I expected a so so year, even though I knew he would bring quickness to the offense. Even when Holloman went out for the year, the Dukes seem to keep winning. The Richmond and Delaware games could have easily been wins for the Dukes.

Tomorrow night ASU plays UD for the title. A game, IMO, that could have featured JMU going for their second title.

Hopefully the Hens will bring the title back to our conference.

Look for the Dukes to be back next year!!!!

Tod
December 13th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Beautiful article. :)

Congrats to both ASU and JMU. Great seasons.

We need more articles like this. xnodx xnodx

BDKJMU
December 14th, 2007, 11:21 AM
At the beginning of the season with Landers taking over the reins I expected a so so year, even though I knew he would bring quickness to the offense. Even when Holloman went out for the year, the Dukes seem to keep winning. The Richmond and Delaware games could have easily been wins for the Dukes.

Tomorrow night ASU plays UD for the title. A game, IMO, that could have featured JMU going for their second title.

Hopefully the Hens will bring the title back to our conference.

Look for the Dukes to be back next year!!!!

Talent wise should JMU have made it to Chatty? Yes. Experience wise? No.
-Breaking in a new QB
-lose your all conference tailback for the season after game 2,
-youngest team since 01'
-another tough as nails on the road matchup in 1st round.

JMU team didn't underachieve IMHO. JMU team overachieved to set themselves up to have turnovers on those last minute 4th quarter potential game winning/tying drives against UR, UD and ASU. One point losses to ASU & UR, 3 to UD, mainly -6 on the turnovers those 3 games (10-4). Call that choking if you will. I call that inexperience. 5 of those 10 turnovers, and 2 of those 3 4th quarter crushers, were by freshman. 8 of the 10 were by freshman or sophmores. Yep, JMU fans have a lot to look forward to. 17-18 starters (10 offense, 7-8 defense (depending on Wahid, one of the de ends who can return if he finishes X # of credits by the end of the year), 37-38 of 44 on 2 deep. Plus all conference Holloman back at tailback since he got a med redshirt. Was loaded with talent but young. Next year's team will be loaded with even more talent but veteran. Will probably be JMU's most talented, deepest team ever, and will rival 04' in experience (that team had I think it was about 19 starters back from the season before). Probably won't be pre season top 5 because the pre season polls are largely based off the prior year's results, but who cares, pre season polls are meaningless. Only thing that will keep JMU from contending for the NC would be injuries (Landers or a rash of starters) or some crazy offseason stuff.

NYJMUSupporter
December 14th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I agree. JMU should be one of the early season favorites to win it all. It should be a battle between JMU and UR for the conference title. However, knowing the CAA, there will be a surprise team next season that will compete for it all. What a crazy conference!

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
JMU had a great season, I won't argue that. However, just because you should have beaten ASU in round one doesn't mean you can just advance yourselves as far as they go. There are plenty of exmaples over the years of sports teams barely advancing beyond the first round, but once they do, they get stronger and stronger and win it all.

I'm not saying JMU would have lost in the second round, but that's a pretty big leap of faith to assume that with one win, you could just pencil in three others. And, the fact remains, you would have had to beat both UR and UD -- two teams who beat you in the regular season, regardless of how close those games may have been.

ur2k
December 14th, 2007, 04:02 PM
By that logic, if Armanti Edwards didn't play in the Semifinals UR totally would win the National Championship.