PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Robinson & Buck Buchanan spoiler alert?

UNI Pike
December 13th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Mark Farley, UNI - Robinson Award
Kroy Berman, Montana - Buchanan Award

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/12/13/news/top_story/doc47602c5c0d32d951395846.txt

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:06 PM
The Robinson & Buchanan winner know before the banquet. It is only the Payton Award winner that does not know until it is announced.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Kroy Berman definitely is deserving, and Farley as well. Congrats to UNI and coach Farley if this is true.

panther84
December 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM
C'mon on Sanders!!!!

UNI Pike
December 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
The Robinson & Buchanan winner know before the banquet. It is only the Payton Award winner that does not know until it is announced.

It's kinda weird to treat one out of three differently, don't you think?

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Also, I could be wrong but I don't think the winners are suppose to tell the media before the eventxeekx xeekx

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM
It's kinda weird to treat one out of three differently, don't you think?

I agree but that is the way they run it. Only the winner of the Robinson and Buchanan go to the banquet but all three Payton finalists go.

UNI Pike
December 13th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I agree but that is the way they run it. Only the winner of the Robinson and Buchanan go to the banquet but all three Payton finalists go.

Who thought that up? Are all of the rest of the finalists down in Chatty then? I would hope they don't have everyone fly down to give 15 the shaft. That sounds very BCS.

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Who thought that up? Are all of the rest of the finalists down in Chatty then? I would hope they don't have everyone fly down to give 15 the shaft. That sounds very BCS.

No, the rest of the finalists are not in Chattanooga (unless of course they play for ASU or UD.)

eaglewraith
December 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM

There were 16 finalists for the Robinson...only one went. I think that means 15 didn't have to go to get shafted.

Same thing for the Buchanon..only the winner.

There are only 3 finalists for the Payton, all three of them go.

GrizRchattybound
December 13th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Congrats Kroy Boy!!!

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Wow, check this link to the Sports Network that shows how close the voting was for the Buchanan

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/buchanan_2007/voting_07.htm

Lynch only lost by 5 points

UNI Pike
December 13th, 2007, 06:43 PM
At least someone has a modicum of respect for the other contenders' feelings. I just hate seeing people left dangling - even felt bad for Matt Linehart on draft day way back. Just a little....

UNI Pike
December 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I am surprised by the margin on the Robinson award. Bohl kinda got short changed, don't you think - 2 BCS wins. Do you think the last week loss to SDSU hurt a great deal?

Fordham
December 13th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I too am surprised, as a homer, that Masella was 7th in voting.

Congrats to the winners.