PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Quarterfinal: North Dakota State @ #3 South Dakota

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2023, 05:23 PM
Game kicks off Saturday 12/9 at 1:30PM CT and will be nationally broadcast on ABC. Winner moves on to face the winner of #7 Furman and #2 Montana.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53372839473_388042fe96_o.jpg

JacksFan40
December 2nd, 2023, 06:19 PM
Genuine coin flip here. Bison are playing much better than when USD beat them in Fargo, but USD has proven they can find ways to win. I’d give the Bison a slight edge, but wouldn’t be surprised either way. If USDs defense can contain the Bison offense like they did earlier this season it’ll be a slugfest.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2023, 07:23 PM
Will be interesting to see what Cam Miller shows up in this game. He had his worst game of the season today and the Bison were very fortunate to get the win since he's been their best offensive player to date so far. He needs to pick it up or I have a hard time seeing them sneaking out another playoff game on the road. It will be interesting to see the crowd spread in this game - it's tough selling tickets in a week to your home crowd and with there no more possible home playoff games in Fargo this year I'd expect a good contingent of Bison fans in this game.

I'm biased but I've been hoping for my Bison to get another chance at the Yotes since they won on Homecoming in the Fargodome earlier in the season. No excuses anymore - you can't lose to a team twice in a single season and claim you have any kind of superiority.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2023, 07:34 PM
Cam needs to show up in big games.....

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2023, 06:58 AM
Haven't seen any official announcement yet but I see Montana's website lists them as playing Friday 12/8 at 8PM CT. So that probably means this is a Saturday game (unless they go earlier Friday evening, like 5 PM CT, but I don't think that's a TV slot and I'd assume this will be a nationally televised game.

Dom Izzo (NDSU beat writer) weighed in last night:
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1731120117591736393

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2023, 08:34 AM
Dom was right - this game gets the Saturday 1:30PM CT time slot on ABC. This is a new national TV slot that ESPN/ABC hasn't given an FCS playoff game in the past so it'll be interesting to see the ratings numbers it can pull. I would hope for 2M+ average since the only other college football games it'll be competing with are the SDSU/Villanova game on ESPN that starts 2.5 hours earlier and the Army/Navy game on CBS that starts 30 minutes after this one.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 12:38 PM
Bison win

ming01
December 3rd, 2023, 01:45 PM
NDSU favored by 6.5 on 5Dimes

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2023, 01:50 PM
https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status/1731371184825233782?t=IkXIa0pl5pAsz-28r1pteA&s=19

Odds on NDSU fans (myself included) bought "too many tickets" using USDs playoffs promo code and they found out that too many ST holders lost out on their seats and they are going to try and kick us out.

My tickets are in my Google Wallet so good luck trying to cancel that. What is it with South Dakota schools trying these stunts since USD did the same thing 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
December 3rd, 2023, 03:23 PM
NDSU will find a way to win this game.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2023, 03:58 PM
Gonna be a completely different game if the transfer portal fills up.

Yote 53
December 3rd, 2023, 06:17 PM
They will void your QR code. Good luck showing up at the door with those tickets. I don't feel bad for any Bison fan that violated the ticket policy. All your tickets will be voided and your money refunded. You can try to repurchase when they are released to the general public.

Yes, USD people are pissed about this and our ticket office is getting an earful about Bison fans circumventing the system.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2023, 06:48 PM
They will void your QR code. Good luck showing up at the door with those tickets. I don't feel bad for any Bison fan that violated the ticket policy. All your tickets will be voided and your money refunded. You can try to repurchase when they are released to the general public.

Yes, USD people are pissed about this and our ticket office is getting an earful about Bison fans circumventing the system.Not my fault for them ****ing up. I can tell you this, that policy will not stand when it comes to the NCAA as that is lost revenue and acting in bad faith.

Good luck trying to void it when it's been paid and in my Google Wallet. I'd hate to be a legal person in the USD ticketing office as they know action will be brought by fans if they cancel.

Sucks that your athletic department is incompetent but that is no excuse. Since I purchased tickets in good faith and have confirmation emails, that's good enough for a legal battle to ensue.

Just another reason why Bunny fans and Bison fans hate the UxDs. Always acting with little brother syndrome.

SUPharmacist
December 3rd, 2023, 07:38 PM
Not my fault for them ****ing up. I can tell you this, that policy will not stand when it comes to the NCAA as that is lost revenue and acting in bad faith.

Good luck trying to void it when it's been paid and in my Google Wallet. I'd hate to be a legal person in the USD ticketing office as they know action will be brought by fans if they cancel.

Sucks that your athletic department is incompetent but that is no excuse. Since I purchased tickets in good faith and have confirmation emails, that's good enough for a legal battle to ensue.

Just another reason why Bunny fans and Bison fans hate the UxDs. Always acting with little brother syndrome.

It's a ****ty move by the USD athletic department, but who are you kidding about this legal bull****. If the promo code was for season ticket holders and howling club members only they can do whatever they want if you are not a member of one of those groups. As far as NDSU fans that are part of those groups they should be protected. Bush League but let's not be silly about it, if USD wants to sell less tickets let them.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2023, 09:27 AM
It's a ****ty move by the USD athletic department, but who are you kidding about this legal bull****. If the promo code was for season ticket holders and howling club members only they can do whatever they want if you are not a member of one of those groups. As far as NDSU fans that are part of those groups they should be protected. Bush League but let's not be silly about it, if USD wants to sell less tickets let them.
What will look worse on ABC, a half emtpy DakotaDome due to USD messing up the ticket sales, or a full DakotaDome with probably 60-70% NDSU fans?

Also the fact that the DakotaDome will be on an ABC broadcast is hilarious. People are going to think all of our state's stadiums are dumps like that, despite SDSU and all the D2 schools having far superior stadiums.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 10:50 AM
What will look worse on ABC, a half emtpy DakotaDome due to USD messing up the ticket sales, or a full DakotaDome with probably 60-70% NDSU fans?

Also the fact that the DakotaDome will be on an ABC broadcast is hilarious. People are going to think all of our state's stadiums are dumps like that, despite SDSU and all the D2 schools having far superior stadiums.

I really don’t think you have to worry about that too much

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2023, 10:51 AM
This ticket situation is a lot of huffing and puffing for not much difference in the end. With just a week to sell tickets I'm pretty sure anyone, NDSU or USD fan, that wants tickets will be able to get them.

I'd hope the USD ticket office learned a lesson that if you want to have a pre-sale just for your season ticket holders and boosters you might want to come up with a better method than a simple promo code - laziness off the bat is creating a lot more work for them now.

Dusty Kitten
December 4th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Here is something I have learned: Ranked or unranked, nobody wants to play NDSU

wapiti
December 4th, 2023, 12:07 PM
Home team wins

dbackjon
December 4th, 2023, 12:59 PM
NDSU will find a way to win this game.

Probably. But picking the Yotes

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2023, 01:08 PM
This ticket situation is a lot of huffing and puffing for not much difference in the end. With just a week to sell tickets I'm pretty sure anyone, NDSU or USD fan, that wants tickets will be able to get them.

I'd hope the USD ticket office learned a lesson that if you want to have a pre-sale just for your season ticket holders and boosters you might want to come up with a better method than a simple promo code - laziness off the bat is creating a lot more work for them now.
Montana has a good system for this. If we want to buy our season ticket seats, we have to log in on our account that's tied to the tickets and buy them before Tuesday at Noon. After that, it's fair game. Having a promotion code that can be leaked is lazy, and USD is learning the hard way that being lazy isn't the way to go.

Yote 53
December 4th, 2023, 01:47 PM
Montana has a good system for this. If we want to buy our season ticket seats, we have to log in on our account that's tied to the tickets and buy them before Tuesday at Noon. After that, it's fair game. Having a promotion code that can be leaked is lazy, and USD is learning the hard way that being lazy isn't the way to go.

That is how USD's system works as well. My season tickets were reserved for me, and I have until 9AM tomorrow to go to my account and claim them (I already did). The snafu is that in addition to that, additional pre-general sale tickets can be purchased by Howling Pack members and STH, so if I wanted additional tickets I could get them using a promo code I was emailed. Bison fans circumvented the system by using a leaked promo code to buy those tickets. Now the ticket office is cross referencing those seats with the HP & STH lists and revoking those sales, but more likely, if a STH or HP member calls about additional tickets near them and they were sold to NDSU fans, those sales are being revoked and the tickets sold to the HP member. I know for a fact this is happening as 5 unlucky Bison fans got an email this morning under this exact scenario from additional tickets we purchased. Sorry, not sorry, you never should have been able to have access to those tickets in the first place. Just a few friends I have talked with today, USD fans are briskly buying up tickets through their HP and STH contacts.

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2023, 02:07 PM
That is how USD's system works as well. My season tickets were reserved for me, and I have until 9AM tomorrow to go to my account and claim them (I already did). The snafu is that in addition to that, additional pre-general sale tickets can be purchased by Howling Pack members and STH, so if I wanted additional tickets I could get them using a promo code I was emailed. Bison fans circumvented the system by using a leaked promo code to buy those tickets. Now the ticket office is cross referencing those seats with the HP & STH lists and revoking those sales, but more likely, if a STH or HP member calls about additional tickets near them and they were sold to NDSU fans, those sales are being revoked and the tickets sold to the HP member. I know for a fact this is happening as 5 unlucky Bison fans got an email this morning under this exact scenario from additional tickets we purchased. Sorry, not sorry, you never should have been able to have access to those tickets in the first place. Just a few friends I have talked with today, USD fans are briskly buying up tickets through their HP and STH contacts.All I can hear is crying that NDSU fans beat them at their own game and USD got caught with their pants down. I hope the team hears about this and runs up the score like they did on Drake.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 02:57 PM
I bet I could walk up to the gate 10 minutes before the game buy a ticket and sit anywhere

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2023, 02:59 PM
That is how USD's system works as well. My season tickets were reserved for me, and I have until 9AM tomorrow to go to my account and claim them (I already did). The snafu is that in addition to that, additional pre-general sale tickets can be purchased by Howling Pack members and STH, so if I wanted additional tickets I could get them using a promo code I was emailed. Bison fans circumvented the system by using a leaked promo code to buy those tickets. Now the ticket office is cross referencing those seats with the HP & STH lists and revoking those sales, but more likely, if a STH or HP member calls about additional tickets near them and they were sold to NDSU fans, those sales are being revoked and the tickets sold to the HP member. I know for a fact this is happening as 5 unlucky Bison fans got an email this morning under this exact scenario from additional tickets we purchased. Sorry, not sorry, you never should have been able to have access to those tickets in the first place. Just a few friends I have talked with today, USD fans are briskly buying up tickets through their HP and STH contacts.
But how do you know if the person who bought the tickets is a NDSU fan? Does the season ticket holder have the right to just null any ticket sales because he/she wants those tickets and is a season ticket holder?

What a cluster.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2023, 03:00 PM
Here is something I have learned: Ranked or unranked, nobody wants to play NDSU

Unless you're SDSU

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2023, 03:02 PM

And Bison fans should all go look up the ticket websites for scalped tickets by yotes fans and shame those seat holders.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 4th, 2023, 04:02 PM
I was rooting for USD before I heard about this ticket fiasco.

Go NDSU!

TrooperCoats
December 4th, 2023, 08:21 PM
If I'm following all of this right, NDSU expects to be 60-70% of the crowd, but is mad because they have to wait until Tuesday? Because the leaked code for certain pre-sale groups was shared to people outside of those pre-sale groups, and those who shouldn't have it want to argue they should have it?

This is what you feel like is a good use of time and energy? If I was the USD ticket office, I would only sell tickets in person from here on out, just out of spite.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2023, 09:40 PM
If I'm following all of this right, NDSU expects to be 60-70% of the crowd, but is mad because they have to wait until Tuesday? Because the leaked code for certain pre-sale groups was shared to people outside of those pre-sale groups, and those who shouldn't have it want to argue they should have it?

This is what you feel like is a good use of time and energy? If I was the USD ticket office, I would only sell tickets in person from here on out, just out of spite.
The USD ticket office made their own bed here. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if all you're going to require for a presale is a promo code it's not going to be too difficult for it to get leaked - if you want to make the presale exclusive to your season ticket holders and boosters you probably want something more secure than a promo code unless you want a pile of work vetting the orders. I'm enjoying the pettiness on both sides more so than anything (pretty sure there are some Bison fans ordering tickets just to make the USD ticket office go through the trouble of cancelling/refunding them) but I wasn't planning to go anyway - like I said earlier I get the feeling everyone who really wants to go will be able to go so it's probably a lot of bluster for nothing.

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2023, 10:09 PM
https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status/1731811057075630251?t=3PujnEIRU425ix8tIO-Teg&s=19

The comedy show continues. They know NDSU bought 50% if not more of the tickets and are scrambling to try and find a way to "legally" kick them out.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2023, 10:36 PM
The USD ticket office made their own bed here. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if all you're going to require for a presale is a promo code it's not going to be too difficult for it to get leaked - if you want to make the presale exclusive to your season ticket holders and boosters you probably want something more secure than a promo code unless you want a pile of work vetting the orders. I'm enjoying the pettiness on both sides more so than anything (pretty sure there are some Bison fans ordering tickets just to make the USD ticket office go through the trouble of cancelling/refunding them) but I wasn't planning to go anyway - like I said earlier I get the feeling everyone who really wants to go will be able to go so it's probably a lot of bluster for nothing.
I feel like sending out emails with a different code for each email would’ve been far smarter, rather than just one blanket code. But I guess I went to a dumb state school and not an “academically prestigious” UxD.

Cronin856
December 4th, 2023, 10:48 PM
In a futuristic setting, the Codex Executor (https://codex.us.com) operates as the ultimate authority, enforcing strict protocols. Tensions rise as individuals navigate the complex web of regulations, creating a gripping narrative. The Codex Executor's influence is palpable, adding a layer of suspense to the evolving story.

SDFS
December 4th, 2023, 11:02 PM
Go Yotes!! - it should be a fun game to attend.

TrooperCoats
December 5th, 2023, 06:04 AM
https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status/1731811057075630251?t=3PujnEIRU425ix8tIO-Teg&s=19

The comedy show continues. They know NDSU bought 50% if not more of the tickets and are scrambling to try and find a way to "legally" kick them out.

That is funny. I would send out a message today that says the phones don't work or the internet is down. In fairness, they legit had some issue with the system where season ticket holders couldn't access their tickets, but I would crank up the pettiness even without any issues. This can be the Yotes version of cramp-gate.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2023, 11:09 AM
That is funny. I would send out a message today that says the phones don't work or the internet is down. In fairness, they legit had some issue with the system where season ticket holders couldn't access their tickets, but I would crank up the pettiness even without any issues. This can be the Yotes version of cramp-gate.

Remember when you guys tried to host a USD/NDSU game in Sioux Falls? xlolx

JacksFan40
December 5th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Remember when you guys tried to host a USD/NDSU game in Sioux Falls? xlolx
They did didn't they? I'm pretty sure I remember a USD/NDSU game at Howard Wood around 2011 or 2012. Wasn't a particularly close game either.

Catbooster
December 5th, 2023, 01:45 PM
All I can hear is crying that NDSU fans beat them at their own game and USD got caught with their pants down. I hope the team hears about this and runs up the score like they did on Drake.

Sounds like USD screwed the pooch with the ticket system, but do you really think the NDSU team will suddenly be more motivated to win the game because a few of their fans might not get away with gaming the system? That's kinda sad.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2023, 02:36 PM
Sounds like USD screwed the pooch with the ticket system, but do you really think the NDSU team will suddenly be more motivated to win the game because a few of their fans might not get away with gaming the system? That's kinda sad.
I'd hope not as well - even the revenge factor is something I think is more so for the fans to flap jaws about than the players to focus on.

As for the actual game this will be one of the lowest possession college football games played this year I'd guess. In the first matchup NDSU had 6 possessions and USD had 7 (not including the kneel down at the end of the game) so 6-8 possessions might be all each team gets so converting in the redzone and avoiding turnovers will be especially critical. If either team can build a 2 possession lead it's really going to put the other behind the 8 ball.

gotts
December 5th, 2023, 04:00 PM
They did didn't they? I'm pretty sure I remember a USD/NDSU game at Howard Wood around 2011 or 2012. Wasn't a particularly close game either.

2012, 54-0. I can't find an article with the exact quote, so I'm paraphrasing... Joe Glenn said something to effect of "the game was over as soon as NDSU stepped off the bus."

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2023, 08:42 PM
2012, 54-0. I can't find an article with the exact quote, so I'm paraphrasing... Joe Glenn said something to effect of "the game was over as soon as NDSU stepped off the bus."

Postgame press conference, somebody asked Joe when he knew they were in trouble. His answer was, "When they got off the bus."

Secondary market (https://twitter.com/thechrishanson/status/1732209604216418421)

It definitely looks like USD's ticket office might've sold 1000s of tickets to a scalper and that scalper is now selling the tickets at inflated prices (300% over face value.)

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2023, 09:07 PM
Postgame press conference, somebody asked Joe when he knew they were in trouble. His answer was, "When they got off the bus."

Secondary market (https://twitter.com/thechrishanson/status/1732209604216418421)

It definitely looks like USD's ticket office might've sold 1000s of tickets to a scalper and that scalper is now selling the tickets at inflated prices (300% over face value.)
Lol... what a ****show. I hope no one buys them. Stay home, watch the game on ABC, and let those there revel in the empty red seats that aren't filled with Bison fans.

I will say that I've enjoyed the drama this whole USD ticket mess has caused but they better not try to short the NCAA all the revenue that came from these sold tickets and lowball the attendance figure by counting butts in seats instead of tickets sold. The reason we have this effed up regionalization in the playoffs is because the tournament struggles to make money with all the travel expenses the NCAA pays for and that would just make it worse.

EDIT: And the presale promo code wasn't "leaked".... according to multiple Bison fans who bought tickets on Sunday it was broadcast on USD's ticket site (likely with the disclaimer that it's intended for season ticket holders and booster club members) so their presale was about as secure as the Mayberry town jail.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2023, 09:33 PM
I will say that I've enjoyed the drama this whole USD ticket mess has caused but they better not try to short the NCAA all the revenue that came from these sold tickets and lowball the attendance figure by counting butts in seats instead of tickets sold. The reason we have this effed up regionalization in the playoffs is because the tournament struggles to make money with all the travel expenses the NCAA pays for and that would just make it worse.

Honestly, I'm almost cringing on USD's behalf... it's kind of like when JMU fans somehow got convinced that the NCAA was cracking down on their streamers because NDSU fans complained.

I hope the place is full for the broadcast and that very few end up having to pay the huge markup.

SteelSD
December 5th, 2023, 11:17 PM
Lol... what a ****show. I hope no one buys them. Stay home, watch the game on ABC, and let those there revel in the empty red seats that aren't filled with Bison fans.

EDIT: And the presale promo code wasn't "leaked".... according to multiple Bison fans who bought tickets on Sunday it was broadcast on USD's ticket site (likely with the disclaimer that it's intended for season ticket holders and booster club members) so their presale was about as secure as the Mayberry town jail.
Counting butts in seats would be a new one for them. Typically they calculate their attendance by legs.

Uncle Rico
December 6th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Honestly, I'm almost cringing on USD's behalf... it's kind of like when JMU fans somehow got convinced that the NCAA was cracking down on their streamers because NDSU fans complained.

I hope the place is full for the broadcast and that very few end up having to pay the huge markup.Nobody from USD is cringing tho. My opinion, and it seems like it's pretty universal among the USD fan base, we don't really care about the optics of it. For a program that has struggled to maintain any kind of fan enthusiasm, the goal was to get as many Yote fans in the dome as possible on Saturday. Was it handled well? No, and I hope that anybody that had tickets cancelled gets a full refund on them. But did it accomplish what they were trying to do? Seems like it worked.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

TrooperCoats
December 6th, 2023, 06:53 AM
Nobody from USD is cringing tho. My opinion, and it seems like it's pretty universal among the USD fan base, we don't really care about the optics of it. For a program that has struggled to maintain any kind of fan enthusiasm, the goal was to get as many Yote fans in the dome as possible on Saturday. Was it handled well? No, and I hope that anybody that had tickets cancelled gets a full refund on them. But did it accomplish what they were trying to do? Seems like it worked.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using TapatalkCan confirm.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2023, 07:12 AM
Nobody from USD is cringing tho. My opinion, and it seems like it's pretty universal among the USD fan base, we don't really care about the optics of it. For a program that has struggled to maintain any kind of fan enthusiasm, the goal was to get as many Yote fans in the dome as possible on Saturday. Was it handled well? No, and I hope that anybody that had tickets cancelled gets a full refund on them. But did it accomplish what they were trying to do? Seems like it worked.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using TapatalkUntil the NCAA investigates you for this, then your fan base and supposed leadership will care. I would not be shocked to see sanctions come from this.

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2023, 07:25 AM
2007....UD vs APPALACHIAN STATE.........APPY SEMI WAS FRIDAY NIGHT....UD'S....SATURDAY......MOUSEKETEERS......B OUGHT UP MOST UH CHATTY'S TICKETS....B/4 DELAWARE EVEN KICKED OFF.....DOODLE-DOO!

Uncle Rico
December 6th, 2023, 07:36 AM
Until the NCAA investigates you for this, then your fan base and supposed leadership will care. I would not be shocked to see sanctions come from this.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using TapatalkLol. The NCAA is going to pass sanctions from a ticketing office screw up. Here's my wrist, slap away.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2023, 08:30 AM
So to recap: USD's fan base is insecure, USD's ticket office is inept, and NDSU's fan base is entitled - that should about cover it.

How about we move on to the actual game now???

Bisonator
December 6th, 2023, 08:41 AM

Won't know this until the game but I highly doubt this is going to put more USD fans in seats. They've shown they don't care.

If I'm USD I want to sell all the tickets I can no matter whos buying them. You gotta a pay the bills!

Uncle Rico
December 6th, 2023, 08:47 AM
So to recap: USD's fan base is insecure, USD's ticket office is inept, and NDSU's fan base is entitled - that should about cover it.

How about we move on to the actual game now???Can't disagree with any of that, honestly.

Uncle Rico
December 6th, 2023, 08:48 AM
Won't know this until the game but I highly doubt this is going to put more USD fans in seats. They've shown they don't care.

If I'm USD I want to sell all the tickets I can no matter whos buying them. You gotta a pay the bills!But they did sell all the tickets.....

Bisonator
December 6th, 2023, 08:53 AM
But they did sell all the tickets.....

They would have without the BS too but we'll see if it actually puts USD fans butts in seats.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2023, 09:01 AM
They would have without the BS too but we'll see if it actually puts USD fans butts in seats.
I was only half-joking on Bisonville yesterday when I said this could be construed as a brilliant move by the USD ticket office because they riled up their fans (scalpers aside) to buy tickets when they otherwise may not have. It reminds me of the 2014 natty when NDSU fans got in on Illinois St's allotment - the Illinois St ticket office ended up clearing them all out but, as a result, their fans snatched up their entire allotment which I don't know happens had it not gotten out that NDSU fans were trying to snatch them up.

It's kind of like the old dog who couldn't care less about his food dish until the cat starts sniffing around it and then it turns into filet mignon. xlolx

Bisonator
December 6th, 2023, 09:10 AM
I was only half-joking on Bisonville yesterday when I said this could be construed as a brilliant move by the USD ticket office because they riled up their fans (scalpers aside) to buy tickets when they otherwise may not have. It reminds me of the 2014 natty when NDSU fans got in on Illinois St's allotment - the Illinois St ticket office ended up clearing them all out but, as a result, their fans snatched up their entire allotment which I don't know happens had it not gotten out that NDSU fans were trying to snatch them up.

It's kind of like the old dog who couldn't care less about his food dish until the cat starts sniffing around it and then it turns into filet mignon. xlolx
I still don't think its USD fans that got riled up enough to buy, it's people looking to make some money off reselling them more then anything. And I still don't think there'll be more then about 7k USD fans in attendance.

Ridge1982
December 6th, 2023, 09:37 AM
NDSU favored by 6.5 on 5Dimes
FanDuel too

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2023, 09:42 AM
Lol. The NCAA is going to pass sanctions from a ticketing office screw up. Here's my wrist, slap away.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using TapatalkI don't think you understand how serious the NCAA takes these matters. You sold tickets, reneged on them, and then sold out tickets. You best hope you count asses in seats and tickets sold since NCAA will want their money from it.

Uncle Rico
December 6th, 2023, 09:58 AM
I don't think you understand how serious the NCAA takes these matters. You sold tickets, reneged on them, and then sold out tickets. You best hope you count asses in seats and tickets sold since NCAA will want their money from it.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using TapatalkGosh I hope I can sleep tonight worrying about what the NCAA will think.

gotts
December 6th, 2023, 10:08 AM
FanDuel too

https://i.imgur.com/wJ0mjlFl.jpg

Bisonator
December 6th, 2023, 11:02 AM
Gosh I hope I can sleep tonight worrying about what the NCAA will think.

No you should be worrying about how badly the yotes are going to get beat. xasswhipx:D

Uncle Rico
December 6th, 2023, 11:12 AM
No you should be worrying about how badly the yotes are going to get beat. xasswhipx:DIt's possible. Could go the other way too.

Grizzlies82
December 6th, 2023, 11:14 AM

I hope the place is full for the broadcast and that very few end up having to pay the huge markup.

Well I hope the Coyote fans bust out their RED STREAMERS on Saturday to put you pesky Buf fans in your place!

Oh yeah. That is right. Take that and put it in your pipe and smoke it.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 02:44 PM
South Dakota wins in the upset

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 6th, 2023, 03:46 PM

Aesop's Fables has a tale about this situation.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 6th, 2023, 03:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtsvsLFYYSg

Chalupa Batman
December 6th, 2023, 03:59 PM
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3496048/soft-ass-university-of-south-dakota-canceled-ndsu-fans-tickets-for-their-playoff-game-this-week-because-the-bison-fans-were-able-to-guess-playoffs-as-the-password-for-the-usd-booster-pre-sal

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2023, 04:07 PM
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3496048/soft-ass-university-of-south-dakota-canceled-ndsu-fans-tickets-for-their-playoff-game-this-week-because-the-bison-fans-were-able-to-guess-playoffs-as-the-password-for-the-usd-booster-pre-sal
LMAO okay, no sympathy for the Yotes in this one anymore.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2023, 04:32 PM
This thing is just the gift that keeps on giving... (WARNING: This promo code has been LEAKED!!!)

https://twitter.com/NDSUmbb/status/1732511130264666365

You'll never guess who they play on 12/29... pick yours up before the scalpers get ahold of them!

TrooperCoats
December 6th, 2023, 06:53 PM
This thing is just the gift that keeps on giving... (WARNING: This promo code has been LEAKED!!!)

https://twitter.com/NDSUmbb/status/1732511130264666365

You'll never guess who they play on 12/29... pick yours up before the scalpers get ahold of them!
That is legit funny. (But wait until the lawyers and NCAA sanctions come.)

My hope is that when the Yotes host Furman in the semi's next week that the USD ticket office openly gives Furman fans free Howling Pack memberships and $10 tickets. I think this thing has some legs...

POD Knows
December 6th, 2023, 09:20 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1732221728225382795

This is freaking funny as hell

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2023, 10:39 AM

My hope is that when the Yotes host Furman in the semi's next week that the USD ticket office openly gives Furman fans free Howling Pack memberships and $10 tickets. I think this thing has some legs...

NDSU isn't going to yoink any tickets away from USD fans so no lawyers will need to get involved.

Background: A lot of NDSU fans join the lowest booster level of nearby schools (it's only $100 to join the Howling Pack, for example) so they can get tickets for regular season away games.

NDSU follows a very common pattern that USD ignored: Season tickets get right of first refusal on their normal seats. After that, it's general admission. With college sports, there's the added wrinkle of students. NDSU limits them to 1 a piece (but I think they should get two.) Anyway, that's how you don't end up with the clown show USD put on.

SteelSD
December 7th, 2023, 11:15 AM
I just find it funny that the legal and medical minds in the USD ticket office got outsmarted by the dumb hick farmers from the ND ag school. I guess just sitting at home doing nothing instead of working gave those idiot farmers time to crack the secret code the genius USD officials could come up with.

Gotta say the memes that are rolling out about this are great to watch.

xpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornx

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2023, 11:19 AM
NDSU isn't going to yoink any tickets away from USD fans so no lawyers will need to get involved.

Background: A lot of NDSU fans join the lowest booster level of nearby schools (it's only $100 to join the Howling Pack, for example) so they can get tickets for regular season away games.

NDSU follows a very common pattern that USD ignored: Season tickets get right of first refusal on their normal seats. After that, it's general admission. With college sports, there's the added wrinkle of students. NDSU limits them to 1 a piece (but I think they should get two.) Anyway, that's how you don't end up with the clown show USD put on.
I'm genuinely curious if any schools do it any differently than NDSU (other than USD). I'm pretty sure a Griz fan commented earlier that they have the same policy where season tickets holders can claim their seats for a playoff game or release them but any seat not held by a season ticket is available to the general public when sales are opened up. I'd guess Montana St is the same way based on how they sold their tickets for last week's playoff game.

SteelSD
December 7th, 2023, 11:22 AM
I'm genuinely curious if any schools do it any differently than NDSU (other than USD). I'm pretty sure a Griz fan commented earlier that they have the same policy where season tickets holders can claim their seats for a playoff game or release them but any seat not held by a season ticket is available to the general public when sales are opened up. I'd guess Montana St is the same way based on how they sold their tickets for last week's playoff game.
This is how SDSU works as well.

Uncle Rico
December 7th, 2023, 11:48 AM

NDSU follows a very common pattern that USD ignored: Season tickets get right of first refusal on their normal seats. After that, it's general admission. With college sports, there's the added wrinkle of students. NDSU limits them to 1 a piece (but I think they should get two.) Anyway, that's how you don't end up with the clown show USD put on.That's typically how USD does it as well. The whole point was to get as many USD fans tickets as possible before they became available to NDSU fans. The ticketing office and athletic department wanted to avoid the dome being mostly green on Saturday. It pissed off a bunch of bison fans, but it also kind of worked.

Yote fans are acutely aware that our fan base has sucked for several years. We don't have the season ticket holder numbers to fill up the dome unfortunately. Bison fans would have bought up every ticket out there and everybody could see it coming, so they avoided it. Could it have been handled better? Probably. Is the outcome what we wanted? I think so.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2023, 12:20 PM
That's typically how USD does it as well. The whole point was to get as many USD fans tickets as possible before they became available to NDSU fans. The ticketing office and athletic department wanted to avoid the dome being mostly green on Saturday. It pissed off a bunch of bison fans, but it also kind of worked.

Yote fans are acutely aware that our fan base has sucked for several years. We don't have the season ticket holder numbers to fill up the dome unfortunately. Bison fans would have bought up every ticket out there and everybody could see it coming, so they avoided it. Could it have been handled better? Probably. Is the outcome what we wanted? I think so.

I think your fans/ticket office were overestimating the number of tickets Bison fans would've bought. I'd guess 2-3k (if they were available) would've been scooped up meaning more than two-thirds would've been available for the Coyote faithful. Us Bison fans don't even buy Fargodome tickets for the quarterfinals in the numbers we used to (the last 2 quarterfinals NDSU has hosted have only drawn ~12k).

Catbooster
December 7th, 2023, 01:16 PM
Yep. We (season ticket holders) get a couple days to get our seats and request extra tickets if desired. Season ticket holders/Bobcat Club members that requested extras get first shot at tickets (priority based on a point system similar to what I've seen mentioned for other schools), then released to public. They also reserve some for students and have a push for donations to buy student tickets so there will be at least some "free" tickets for students (since NCAA won't let any of the tickets be given away).

Yote 53
December 7th, 2023, 02:04 PM
Yep. We (season ticket holders) get a couple days to get our seats and request extra tickets if desired. Season ticket holders/Bobcat Club members that requested extras get first shot at tickets (priority based on a point system similar to what I've seen mentioned for other schools), then released to public. They also reserve some for students and have a push for donations to buy student tickets so there will be at least some "free" tickets for students (since NCAA won't let any of the tickets be given away).

This is exactly what USD did. STH and Howling Pack members got a couple of days to retain their current seats and pick up additional seats for friends/family. The problem is the "promo code" for this got leaked to Bison fans who had no moral qualms about using it. I don't see what the issue is here as USD practiced a ticketing policy that many other schools use. They also refused to let Bison fans who exploited the system walk all over them and cancelled their tickets. Bison fans but had no right to those tickets in the first place.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2023, 02:54 PM
This is exactly what USD did. STH and Howling Pack members got a couple of days to retain their current seats and pick up additional seats for friends/family. The problem is the "promo code" for this got leaked to Bison fans who had no moral qualms about using it. I don't see what the issue is here as USD practiced a ticketing policy that many other schools use. They also refused to let Bison fans who exploited the system walk all over them and cancelled their tickets. Bison fans but had no right to those tickets in the first place.
Lol... the code was plastered on USD's official ticket website based on what I've heard. Quite the exploit... how dare us morally repugnant Bison fans use it! You really know how to spin ticket office ineptitude.

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2023, 03:06 PM

Maybe I’m wrong here, but most other schools won’t release seats held by STH for sale while at the same time releasing seats elsewhere in the building. USD released ALL seats from the get go with the expectation that people would wait their turn. This is where USD messed up by releasing every seat in the house. Bison fans were the majority of those affected, but no doubt there were a few Coyote fans that also used the code to purchase some seats they shouldn’t have had access to as well. Some will be outraged no matter what, but in the end USD did right by their STH. As PC said earlier, laziness at the beginning led to a whole lot of work later on that was completely unnecessary.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Lol... the code was plastered on USD's official ticket website based on what I've heard. Quite the exploit... how dare us morally repugnant Bison fans use it! You really know how to spin ticket office ineptitude.You really cannot reason with stupid. They were mad their ticket office ****ed up and call us out for using a code plastered on their website.

TrooperCoats
December 8th, 2023, 05:49 AM
Quick question for NDSU fans - Is the focus on tickets because you are so overwhelmingly confident in the game that you are bored and looking for something else to talk about to pass the time? Or is it the opposite, and you are nervous about losing twice to the Yotes, so the tickets are a diversion away from the actual game? I can't imagine it is the latter.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2023, 06:50 AM
Quick question for NDSU fans - Is the focus on tickets because you are so overwhelmingly confident in the game that you are bored and looking for something else to talk about to pass the time? Or is it the opposite, and you are nervous about losing twice to the Yotes, so the tickets are a diversion away from the actual game? I can't imagine it is the latter.
I just think it's entertaining... like I said earlier you've got an insecure fan base butting heads with an entitled fan base and we'd probably be saying the exact same things if we were in each other's shoes.

As for the game yes I'm nervous but I'm always nervous for playoff games - I was even when the Bison were rolling to titles year after year. It's one of the reasons why playoff football is so exhilarating. I feel better this week than I did last week though because I think NDSU matches up better with USD than they do with Montana St. I've also been hoping to see a rematch ever since USD came to Fargo and won on 9/30 - to be honest I was hoping NDSU would be put into USD's pod if they ended up unseeded.

So yes I'm a USD doubter and I realize that USD has been proving doubters wrong all year for the most part. I think both fan bases should feel confident in their team's ability to win this game but that's pretty much the norm by this point of the tournament. All this ticket drama has added some extra spice though which helps progress through these weeks that move slower and slower the further your team advances in the playoffs.

Christiank22
December 8th, 2023, 07:43 AM

Bored and pretty confident. And it’s also pretty bush league by USD. As far as the game goes I really don’t see a way USD gets it done if the NDSU offense keeps playing this way.

AmsterBison
December 8th, 2023, 09:04 AM
Bored and pretty confident. And it’s also pretty bush league by USD. As far as the game goes I really don’t see a way USD gets it done if the NDSU offense keeps playing this way.

It sure doesn't seem like they learned anything from that 2012 game in Sioux Falls which was kind of debacle-y if I remember correctly.

For myself, I think that this is a tough win because NDSU's defense is historically bad, and special teams are a coin flip between competent and clown show. I mean, NDSU's average starting position was the 16 yard line last game.

AmsterBison
December 8th, 2023, 10:46 AM
Eh, I've been meaning to post about the "NDSU is a bad road team in the playoffs" thing I've been seeing on social media.

1. There is only one program in FCS history that has been a great playoff road team: Youngstown State.
2. 4 games is a very small sample size
3. Games in Frisco are not home games, no matter what people say, and NDSU is 9-1 in them.
4. In all four road games, NDSU has been an unseeded team playing a seeded team
5. Both losses were to eventual national champions, and in both games NDSU had a fourth-quarter lead - and one of those went to OT
6. Since 2004 NDSU's road winning percentage of .740 is the best in the FCS*.
7. Heck, NDSU's road winning percentage vs P5 teams is better than all FCS teams' overall win percentage but Harvard's (.667 vs .771 for Harvard.)

Best road teams since 2004 among current FCS teams (inclusive):

North Dakota State
77-27

Harvard
66-26

St. Thomas
71-30

Tarleton State
61-39

Dayton
60-40

JMU is the best former member... they'd be #4.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Nearing kickoff from Vermillion!

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 01:38 PM
Nice throw on 3rd and forever for Cam.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 01:44 PM
Cam is showing Brock vibes this post season.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 01:52 PM
35 is a terrible safety.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 02:06 PM
I think NDSU (offense) is taking this one personally.

CHIP72
December 9th, 2023, 02:07 PM
NOTE: According to what ESPN showed at the end of the Villanova/South Dakota State game, next week's semifinal dates/times/broadcast stations are set:

*North Dakota State/South Dakota winner at Montana - Saturday 12/16 at 4:30 PM ET (2:30 PM MT), ESPN2

*Albany/Idaho winner at South Dakota State - Friday 12/15 at 7:00 PM ET (6:00 PM CT), ESPN

ESPN didn't say this, but I suspect both games will also be on ESPN+.

I may be off on the time for the SDSU semifinal, but it appears the game dates and broadcast networks shown above are set.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2023, 02:08 PM
So far not impressed with USD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2023, 02:10 PM
NDSU TD on a punt return! Wow! Total domination...

Time to run a couple errands before Army/Navy...

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 02:10 PM
ST just came though.

Serious note, hope the Umpire is alright. Man just got trucked by USeD player.

Yeah, the ticket office should not have did what they did.

ElCid
December 9th, 2023, 02:13 PM
This game is done. Geez.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2023, 02:13 PM
See you in Missoula, Bison! lol

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Great start by the Bison. D needs to stay focused. Make USD be one dimensional. Keep pressuring their QB. It didn’t seem like we got any pressure on him in the loss at Fargo.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 02:15 PM
This game is done. Geez.
No it isn’t.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2023, 02:18 PM
No it isn’t.
With Bauman hurt, I can hear the fat lady warming up.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 02:19 PM
Ouch that didn't look good.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2023, 02:19 PM
GooooBizon!! My team!

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 02:20 PM
Been too long since I've seen the Bison D play this physical.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 02:24 PM
Love seeing the QB under center.

mango433
December 9th, 2023, 02:24 PM
Frauds

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2023, 02:25 PM
Fraud alert in Vermillion!

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Well USDs ticket office gave NDSU what they wanted. Bulletin board material. Hang 100 points on them.

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2023, 02:32 PM
Still trying to remember why I picked USD.

The Yo Show
December 9th, 2023, 02:37 PM
Still trying to remember why I picked USD.

For the all SD championship game maybe?

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 02:38 PM
USD is awful. How did NDSU lose to them this year?

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2023, 02:39 PM
Yikes, this is a classic NDSU stomping.

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2023, 02:40 PM
There goes USDs hopes of getting back into this.

On a happy note for USD even though this game has been a nightmare, you still have a young team that should have tons of talent returning next year. NDSU is just an older and more experienced team, and it’s showing right now.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 02:42 PM
NDSU letting the air out of the ball already

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 02:43 PM
USD 41 is a clown

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Why let up here? Can't play scared.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 02:50 PM
USD should do less talking and more playing.

KUlawJack
December 9th, 2023, 02:51 PM
My heart is breaking for USD……lol

Tank Edwards
December 9th, 2023, 02:59 PM
Actually as much as it pains me to say, I preferred an NDSU win. I'd like both to lose though.

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2023, 03:04 PM
Actually as much as it pains me to say, I preferred an NDSU win. I'd like both to lose though.

If I were an SDSU fan I definitely would prefer to see NDSU in Frisco. No one has a better blueprint for beating NDSU than the Jacks.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2023, 03:06 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2023, 03:16 PM

SIU lost to them 14-7 in spite of holding them to 85 yds rushing and 111 yds passing. Them, and Idaho, may be better than we are, but only just and only with some luck - what I don't get is how these guys, and Idaho, are the 3 and 4 seeds

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 03:19 PM
And the soft ass Bison D is back.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Imagine getting cocky being down 35-10 on a TD catch. People like that are just trash.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 03:21 PM
If I were an SDSU fan I definitely would prefer to see NDSU in Frisco. No one has a better blueprint for beating NDSU than the Jacks.Tyler Roehl and Matt Entz would disagree with you.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.Then the prevent soft ass defense shows back up.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 03:22 PM
SIU lost to them 14-7 in spite of holding them to 85 yds rushing and 111 yds passing. Them, and Idaho, may be better than we are, but only just and only with some luck - what I don't get is how these guys, and Idaho, are the 3 and 4 seedsI think that says more about the FCS then either team. Just pathetic that NDSU struggled against them in the regular season.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 03:31 PM
Imagine getting cocky being down 35-10 on a TD catch. People like that are just trash.

Yeah guys like that are embarrassing .

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Yeah guys like that are embarrassing .Trying to stand over and shoulder shrug are just jackassery moves when you're being embarrassed.

ElCid
December 9th, 2023, 03:42 PM
No it isn’t.

Yes it is, and has been. SD looks terrible. Totally embarrassing. They were not prepared at all.

Bison56
December 9th, 2023, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to the Griz fans screaming holding on every NDSU play.xlolx

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 03:43 PM
Holding penalties stop Bison drive. Got 3, now FINISH THIS ****ER OFF.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 03:44 PM
Yes it is, and has been. SD looks terrible. Totally embarrassing. They were not prepared at all.
The Bison D can keep a lot of teams in games.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Looking forward to the Griz fans screaming holding on every NDSU play.xlolx

They already are

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Scored too early. 😀

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 03:58 PM
Scored too early. [emoji3]#bookit

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 04:10 PM
#bookit

Has our 2 and 3rd string D stopped anybody all year outside of Drake. 😁

Dusty Kitten
December 9th, 2023, 04:16 PM
Yesterday if you asked the Coyotes if they were a better team than NDSU you'd have gotten a few "yes we are"

Paladin1aa
December 9th, 2023, 04:22 PM
This game was just ugly. Bison have momentum.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2023, 04:23 PM
Congrats NDSU! Total domination from start to finish. Like others have said, I have no idea how NDSU lost to the Yotes earlier in the year given how physically dominant they were....

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2023, 04:27 PM

Maybe you guys can give Furman a call and figure out a bowl game.....the Dollar General Bowl....all tickets for $1.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2023, 04:52 PM
Has our 2 and 3rd string D stopped anybody all year outside of Drake. [emoji16]No, except USDs first string offense.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Gave up 300 yards of offense to USD. Montana by 18 next weekend. #BOOKIT

ElCid
December 9th, 2023, 06:35 PM
Congrats NDSU! Total domination from start to finish. Like others have said, I have no idea how NDSU lost to the Yotes earlier in the year given how physically dominant they were....

Dare I say it. And it's not to troll or piss off any Bison fans, but just an observation and some speculation. I think they got lazy. All the pieces were there, but they have had such success that they thought they could rest on their laurels. They may not be as good as the best NDSU teams were, but they have more talent than most. Being 4-2 and losing to SD and ND must have humbling to them. They picked up their game since then, big time. We've all seen very good teams relax. Either to start the season, for a game, to end the season, etc. The Bison are not immune.

F'N Hawks
December 9th, 2023, 07:06 PM
That was a very impressive beatdown. Congrats Bison fans!

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2023, 07:49 PM
All of this makes NDSU's run so amazing with so many teams repeating as champions.

Maybe it's just something that clicked on defense in the middle of the year. The offense has struggled sometimes, but our passing game has been unbelievable for a Bison team and it will be interesting to see if Cam can do as well outdoors.

Dare I say it. And it's not to troll or piss off any Bison fans, but just an observation and some speculation. I think they got lazy. All the pieces were there, but they have had such success that they thought they could rest on their laurels. They may not be as good as the best NDSU teams were, but they have more talent than most. Being 4-2 and losing to SD and ND must have humbling to them. They picked up their game since then, big time. We've all seen very good teams relax. Either to start the season, for a game, to end the season, etc. The Bison are not immune.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2023, 08:38 PM
I'd pump the brakes on declaring this NDSU team on the level of past championship teams. They are only one week removed from escaping Montana St with a win in a game where they were significantly outgained and were beneficiaries of some very poor placekicking which allowed the game to get into OT and get them the win in OT.

I'm super excited to see them put a game together today where all three phases played well - first time this year we've seen that I think. That said I'm expecting a very tough game in Missoula next week. Montana's defensive front is legit and the Bison defense will once again have to defend a mobile QB so we'll see if they can stay on this pace - it's tough to expect them to put together another game like they did today where all three phases are clicking.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2023, 09:25 PM
I'd pump the brakes on declaring this NDSU team on the level of past championship teams. They are only one week removed from escaping Montana St with a win in a game where they were significantly outgained and were beneficiaries of some very poor placekicking which allowed the game to get into OT and get them the win in OT.

I'm super excited to see them put a game together today where all three phases played well - first time this year we've seen that I think. That said I'm expecting a very tough game in Missoula next week. Montana's defensive front is legit and the Bison defense will once again have to defend a mobile QB so we'll see if they can stay on this pace - it's tough to expect them to put together another game like they did today where all three phases are clicking.Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good.. many of times I watch the flightless birds out gain out everything but points on the board.. damn those were the days..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2023, 07:21 AM

I'm super excited to see them put a game together today where all three phases played well - first time this year we've seen that I think. That said I'm expecting a very tough game in Missoula next week. Montana's defensive front is legit and the Bison defense will once again have to defend a mobile QB so we'll see if they can stay on this pace - it's tough to expect them to put together another game like they did today where all three phases are clicking.

......WAS PAYBACK....FO' EARLIER IN SEASON.........SPENT EMOTION........HARD TA DO.....TWO WEEKS IN A ROW.........BISONSSSSS......WILL SUFFER FROM BURN-OUT...........IN MISERYOULA.........BAWK!....BUK-BUK-BUK!

ysubigred
December 10th, 2023, 07:51 AM
......WAS PAYBACK....FO' EARLIER IN SEASON.........SPENT EMOTION........HARD TA DO.....TWO WEEKS IN A ROW.........BISONSSSSS......WILL SUFFER FROM BURN-OUT...........IN MISERYOULA.........BAWK!....BUK-BUK-BUK!AWK....DEM...BIZON..Rrr..ROLLING..NEVA...COUNT ..OUTA..10 TIMES CHAMP...DUHM..CLUCK..BRAWK..BRAWK UHHH...I SAY...I SAY...GONNA BE..1O TIMES CHAMP......ÀAAWKKKK...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231210/efa900dd3aa0d87c3185d825e73ac57e.jpg

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2023, 08:06 AM

...JES' FINISHED....MAH EVALUATION....UH YOUNGSTOWN'S SEASON........CAA..VILLANOVA > MVFC..YOUNGSTOWN....BAWK!....BUK-BUK-BUK!

ysubigred
December 10th, 2023, 08:15 AM
JES' FINISHED....MAH EVALUATION....UH DELAWARES SEASON........BIG FLUFFY..MONTANA> CAA..EGG LAYIN HENS....BAWK!....BUK-BUK-BUK!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231210/cda3cb8fb4c79356b7c7cd3f4e421f61.jpg

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2023, 08:18 AM
JES' FINISHED....MAH EVALUATION....UH DELAWARES SEASON........BIG FLUFFY..MONTANA> CAA..EGG LAYIN HENS....BAWK!....BUK-BUK-BUK

....BUT IT WAS.......IN UH BLIZZARD......SO THERE'S DAT.......BAWK!

ysubigred
December 10th, 2023, 08:22 AM

....BUT IT WAS.......IN UH BLIZZARD......SO THERE'S DAT.......BAWK!....BUT DA GUINS...JUZT..SIMPLY GOT AN AZZZZ....WHOPPIN..NO EXCUSE.......AWKK!

Damn it's hard to do the foggy LOL xbowx

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2023, 09:23 AM
The announcer looking at the USD defender hit the NDSU receiver in the facemask with the crown of the helmet, "Yeah, he hit the chest and it wasn't forcible."

If Naruto and Hammerhead had a baby, that's how it'd tackle, you blind git.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2023, 09:54 AM
The announcer looking at the USD defender hit the NDSU receiver in the facemask with the crown of the helmet, "Yeah, he hit the chest and it wasn't forcible."

If Naruto and Hammerhead had a baby, that's how it'd tackle, you blind git.It looked like targeting to me given how they have enforced this rule but the comments from the official after the review was very weird, he said they were reviewing the "catch", WTF. This no call wasn't as close to as bad as the no call against Christian Watson and UNI but it was close and completely unnecessary.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2023, 10:02 AM
That review and announcement was really weird since it was obviously catch and it looked to me like the crown of the defenders helmet hit the receiver in the facemask or maybe in the chin at the same time he may have made contact to the chest.

It looked like targeting to me given how they have enforced this rule but the comments from the official after the review was very weird, he said they were reviewing the "catch", WTF. This no call wasn't as close to as bad as the no call against Christian Watson and UNI but it was close and completely unnecessary.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2023, 01:08 PM
Better team won this game. USD had a good season but is it lighting in a bottle for them? Lose some good defensive players so we'll see how they rebound next year.

TrooperCoats
December 13th, 2023, 05:16 AM
Hats off to NDSU - they played a truly perfect game. If NDSU plays like that 2 more times they will win the natty.

And USD did not rise to the occasion (actually, they kind of played at 75% speed - the moment got to them). Thrilled with the year, and with a very young team, the next two years could be Frisco-level years - pending the portal, of course.

SteelSD
December 13th, 2023, 07:06 PM
Hats off to NDSU - they played a truly perfect game. If NDSU plays like that 2 more times they will win the natty.

And USD did not rise to the occasion (actually, they kind of played at 75% speed - the moment got to them). Thrilled with the year, and with a very young team, the next two years could be Frisco-level years - pending the portal, of course.
The only issue NDSU has is they don’t get to play against an offense or defense that’s as bad as USD the rest of the playoffs.