PDA

View Full Version : Different shot and angle of "The Catch"

TCisMYhero
December 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Listen to the crowd's reaction in this clip. I hadn't seen this version until just now, and wanted to share it with the FCS world about just how loud the Dome can get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e5o75sY-WE&feature=related

JayJ79
December 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
at least the CFU guys called the right receiver, instead of saying it was Victor Williams.

santosballnewhampshire
December 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Not to be mean, but UNI fans were pretty big hicksxlolx

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
*vomit*.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM

There's no need for that type of comment. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

All the UNI folks that I met were very warm and friendly. Maybe you need to get out of the Northeast more often! Personally I find it pretty refreshing after all the rude, arrogant people one encounters in the Northeast. Same type of folks one meets when you go upstate in NH! I met PantherRob82 and JayJ79 while out there, great guys!!

TCisMYhero
December 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM

Is that because instead of giving people the bird on the road, we slow down and let them in and expect the same? Or because we're so open to meeting new people? Or is it that we don't gloat about our wins? Or the Sanders 2 Santos 0 factor?

LacesOut
December 13th, 2007, 02:59 PM

There are hicks in every single state in the US of A. You have your share in Northeast too, trust me.

I go to the NASCAR race in Dover, DE, twice a year and I see thousands upon thousands of license plates on cars from New Hampshire, NY, PA, NJ, Conn, Mass, Ohio, Vermont, and yep even Maine.

Purple For Life
December 13th, 2007, 03:18 PM

You stay classy, New Hampshire...

Seriously...did you even COME to Iowa? Oy. Okay, you lost to us, we lost to Delaware, blah blah blah, get off of yourself. (I eventually did)

aust42
December 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Listen to the crowd's reaction in this clip. I hadn't seen this version until just now, and wanted to share it with the FCS world about just how loud the Dome can get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e5o75sY-WE&feature=related

That was a nice play but it was a pretty standard catch. "the catch"?

AZGrizFan
December 13th, 2007, 04:30 PM

How in the world did you get THAT from a 38 second clip? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 13th, 2007, 04:39 PM
There's no need for that type of comment. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

All the UNI folks that I met were very warm and friendly. Maybe you need to get out of the Northeast more often! Personally I find it pretty refreshing after all the rude, arrogant people one encounters in the Northeast. Same type of folks one meets when you go upstate in NH! I met PantherRob82 and JayJ79 while out there, great guys!!

I also had a great time in Iowa.

And I will never ever ever be clicking on that link.

ASUPATCH
December 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
No doubt the Dome can get loud. But would you please get rid off the touchdown siren. This is FOOTBALL not HOCKEY.

BlueHen86
December 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
That was a stupid post.

JayJ79
December 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
No doubt the Dome can get loud. But would you please get rid off the touchdown siren. This is FOOTBALL not HOCKEY.

Sorry, we don't really have to room to have a cannon. cuz that's even more "classy". xrolleyesx

JayJ79
December 13th, 2007, 05:12 PM

yeah, it probably SHOULD have been a standard catch. But he bobbled it a few times, and at one point, the ball was even on the back of his helmet before he caught it again. Though that particular clip doesn't show all that that clearly.

ASUPATCH
December 13th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry, we don't really have to room to have a cannon. cuz that's even more "classy". xrolleyesx

No cannon either. But you could do a firework....anything but a siren.

crunifan
December 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM

When you consider that 6 seconds were left on the clock we he caught that ball, it is pretty significant. He drops that pass and UNI likely losses in round one.

Poly Pigskin
December 13th, 2007, 05:38 PM

That's what I was thinking. Besides, I thought everyone knew that only one play is called "The Catch."

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM

Can some of you help me out here. I accidentally positive repped this dolt. If some of you would do me a favor and hit him with some neg. for me I would appreciate it. I am sorry that you have to make up for my mistakes but it is what it is.

JayJ79
December 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Fireworks in a Dome is stupid. I know there are some places that might do it on occasion, but with the smoke and all, it's stupid.

santosballnewhampshire
December 13th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Is that because instead of giving people the bird on the road, we slow down and let them in and expect the same? Or because we're so open to meeting new people? Or is it that we don't gloat about our wins? Or the Sanders 2 Santos 0 factor?

How many Payton awards does Sanders have? xnodx

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I also had a great time in Iowa.

And I will never ever ever be clicking on that link.

You couldn't pay me to click on that linkxbawlingx xbawlingx

TCisMYhero
December 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM

As many Paytons as the number of times he's been beaten by Santos.

CSUBUCDAD
December 13th, 2007, 07:43 PM
There are hicks in every single state in the US of A. You have your share in Northeast too, trust me.

I go to the NASCAR race in Dover, DE, twice a year and I see thousands upon thousands of license plates on cars from New Hampshire, NY, PA, NJ, Conn, Mass, Ohio, Vermont, and yep even Maine.

Dude, NASCAR has not been a strick southern redneck hick sport for nearly 15 years. Where you been?

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Dude, NASCAR has not been a strick southern redneck hick sport for nearly 15 years. Where you been?

Yes and I think there is even a track in New Hampshire. Might even have gone a time or two.

PantherRob82
December 13th, 2007, 07:49 PM

As many as UNH has championship appearances. We could play this game all night. ;)

TheValleyRaider
December 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
That's what I was thinking. Besides, I thought everyone knew that only one play is called "The Catch."

I'll stop calling UNI's play "The Catch" when people stop saying "LT" when referring to this guy:
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/peter_king/06/19/mmqb/p1_tomlinson.jpg

There's only 1 LT xnodx
http://www.collectr.com/fb/images/fptaylorl.jpg

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I'll stop calling UNI's play "The Catch" when people stop saying "LT" when referring to this guy:

There's only 1 LT xnodx

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Mountain Panther
December 13th, 2007, 08:34 PM

How is that not being mean?

Sour grapes.

JayJ79
December 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM

true, it's no longer strictly southern.
still redneck/hick though.
Though I don't consider it a sport.
(Do the drivers/mechanics/etc. have skills? yes. but it's still not a sport. And neither is poker.)

blackfordpu
December 13th, 2007, 11:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

TCisMYhero
December 14th, 2007, 03:34 AM
For what it meant to us, yes it was "The Catch." Those who were there or watching know what I mean in describing it as such. You are more than welcome to disagree with me, as I know there are many more significant or spectacular catches, but as far as my fandom goes, as far as my loyalties go, there is no bigger catch. I wanted to share an intriguing clip with the FCS world, and I believe I succeeded. Criticize me for terming it as such, but you will not sway my belief that this catch is "The Catch" of my life.

TCisMYhero
December 14th, 2007, 03:41 AM

Excellent idea. Light a bottle rocket in your bathroom. Same effect. Let's also drop confetti after each TD. And then pass out whipped cream cannisters to the student section.

Sorry NHL.

SuperEagle
December 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Is UNH a blitzing team? Wasn't there under 10 seconds left when UNI scored the game winner? Curious time to call a blitz as the unh corner had no safety help whatsover and UNI had to score a TD to win.
Great game though and great ending.

blackfordpu
December 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
For what it meant to us, yes it was "The Catch." Those who were there or watching know what I mean in describing it as such. You are more than welcome to disagree with me, as I know there are many more significant or spectacular catches, but as far as my fandom goes, as far as my loyalties go, there is no bigger catch. I wanted to share an intriguing clip with the FCS world, and I believe I succeeded. Criticize me for terming it as such, but you will not sway my belief that this catch is "The Catch" of my life.

You may want to re-read what was written, no one was criticizing you.

ASUG8
December 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM

There's only 1 LT xnodx

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Theissman doesn't get them mixed up.

TCisMYhero
December 14th, 2007, 12:19 PM
You may want to re-read what was written, no one was criticizing you.

As I said, everybody has a right to their own opinion. If you don't want to like the fact that UNI fans are calling it "The Catch," don't read our comments. Not bent out of shape, but there's a pretty simple solution to your concerns.

santosballnewhampshire
December 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Is UNH a blitzing team? Wasn't there under 10 seconds left when UNI scored the game winner? Curious time to call a blitz as the unh corner had no safety help whatsover and UNI had to score a TD to win.
Great game though and great ending.

Exactly, we went into prevent defense for about 3 plays and that wasn't working. I guess we thought John Clements could handle the one on one coverage, but he got burned theres no other way to put it.

JayJ79
December 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Exactly, we went into prevent defense for about 3 plays and that wasn't working. I guess we thought John Clements could handle the one on one coverage, but he got burned theres no other way to put it.

Santos and the UNH offense were able to march down the field pretty much at will, especially late in that game.

Sanders and the UNI offense also figured out a way to get the ball down the field.

Two very good teams played that day, and Northern Iowa just happened to have scored last when the game clock expired. Could have easily gone the other way.

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
As long as in the great state of Iowa they are no longer referring to that figgin Warren Holloway catch as "the Catch" I am alright with that. That play was even less impressive...not to mention I hate the Hawkeyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ord8uRgsk&feature=related

I mean come on clearly the UNI play was much more impressive.

GaSouthern
December 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Thats an awesome clip!

WildcatFan
December 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Both teams are watching tonight.

Thanks for pointing that out - I hadn't noticedxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

dasjamin
December 15th, 2007, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKiW3CMlr8&feature=related

This maybe a better clip. (minus the commentator saying the wrong name, it was actually Montari Leonard who caught the pass.) You can actually see that he almost dropped the ball on this catch.