PDA

View Full Version : National Championship Shirt

DetroitFlyer
December 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
http://flyerattire.com/

I just know that there will be a huge demand from the AGS community....

Ud1Hens
December 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM
They couldn't make the Mid-Major part any smaller. Good looking shirt though.

BigApp
December 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM
so, who's the 'low-major' national champions? High minor?

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Who was it that actually got rings last year even though they didn't win?

Retro
December 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
The Real McCoy or Hatfield? Possibly!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/rosintonrebel/07AppStNCCharmHelmet.jpg?t=1197522371

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Nice shirt Retro

DetroitFlyer
December 13th, 2007, 07:18 AM
http://flyerattire.com/

I just know that there will be a huge demand from the AGS community....

Let's just say that this Flyer fan will not be ordering a shirt. Just trying to explain it to anyone who asks is way more trouble than it is worth....

I did purchase a Gridiron Classic shirt. It features the Albany and UD helmets, the teams records and the conferences. Very cool! I wore it to a gamewatch we had here in Detroit for the Dayton at Louisville basketball game, ( UD won by the way!! ). "Everyone" thought the shirt was cool.

Franks Tanks
December 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Let's just say that this Flyer fan will not be ordering a shirt. Just trying to explain it to anyone who asks is way more trouble than it is worth....

I did purchase a Gridiron Classic shirt. It features the Albany and UD helmets, the teams records and the conferences. Very cool! I wore it to a gamewatch we had here in Detroit for the Dayton at Louisville basketball game, ( UD won by the way!! ). "Everyone" thought the shirt was cool.

Sometimes its hard enough to explain FCS to the casual/stupid uninformed football fan, adding the mid-major part would be impossible. I've always hated the mid-major moniker, it just doesnt make much sense.

FCS Preview
December 13th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Sometimes its hard enough to explain FCS to the casual/stupid uninformed football fan, adding the mid-major part would be impossible. I've always hated the mid-major moniker, it just doesnt make much sense.

Sounds better than "limited/non-scholarship except for the Ivy League" :D

Franks Tanks
December 13th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Sounds better than "limited/non-scholarship except for the Ivy League" :D

Mid-major really comes from basketball and it was applied to football later. There has to be a better term, just cant think of one right now xlolx

ASU98
December 13th, 2007, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=Retro;797531]The Real McCoy or Hatfield? Possibly!

I always thought the saying was "Third Time's the Charm." Have I said it wrong my whole life? Doh!xoopsx

The Moody1
December 13th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Mid-major really comes from basketball and it was applied to football later. There has to be a better term, just cant think of one right now xlolx

Division II.

DUPFLFan
December 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM
How about this one...

"National Championship for those not allowed in the FCS Playoffs"

DetroitFlyer
December 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Here is the deal IMHO. The only way it makes any sense whatsoever, to try to break out some type of sub-sub-division of FCS is to go to something like a "non-counter" ranking.

If your team does not meet the NCAA rule for having an FBS team count a victory against you for their bowl eligibility, ( 57 athletic scholarships over a rolling two year average if I remember correctly ), then you can be ranked as a "non-counter".

As I see it, that would cover the PFL, NEC, PL, Ivy League, and a handful of "traditional" FCS conference teams if they were willing to fess up to meeting the non-counter designation.

Frankly, this ranking would actually have some meaning, and if a "National Champion" were to be determined from among this group of schools, and my school won, I would proudly but a shirt to proclaim to the world the National Championship!

danefan
December 13th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Poo Poo mid major.

FightinBluHen51
December 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM
The Real McCoy or Hatfield? Possibly!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/rosintonrebel/07AppStNCCharmHelmet.jpg?t=1197522371
Getting a bit ahead of ourselves aren't we?

Retro
December 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM
It's nothing new... I've already seen dozens of shirts for the BCS national champ, the super bowl, etc... These things are always planned ahead for any team so stores like mine can have them within a couple of days after the game.. xthumbsupx