PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Playoffs Round 2: Delaware @ #2 Montana

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2023, 04:53 PM
Game kicks off Saturday 12/2 at 7PM MT and will be streaming on ESPN+. Winner faces the winner of Chattanooga and Furman.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53356229212_f0c3706536_b.jpg

Southsider
November 25th, 2023, 05:44 PM
I hope Hen’s get drilled!!

Christiank22
November 25th, 2023, 05:52 PM
Last weeks Montana wins 42-7, early season Montana loses by 3.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2023, 06:14 PM
Last weeks Montana wins 42-7, early season Montana loses by 3.
Well, seeing as how Vidlak now appears to be our 4th string QB...

Christiank22
November 25th, 2023, 06:19 PM
Well, seeing as how Vidlak now appears to be our 4th string QB...

I have no idea who you are talking about. Genuinely couldn’t name a single player or coach on Montana’s team

Utgrizfan
November 25th, 2023, 07:00 PM
I have no idea who you are talking about. Genuinely couldn’t name a single player or coach on Montana’s team

Once we settled on McDowell as our starter we have gone undefeated and improved every single week on both sides of the ball. Some, not all of our early season struggles stemmed from Vidlak and the play calling.

Christiank22
November 25th, 2023, 07:25 PM
Once we settled on McDowell as our starter we have gone undefeated and improved every single week on both sides of the ball. Some, not all of our early season struggles stemmed from Vidlak and the play calling.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why such a drastic change in play for you guys, a Qb change makes a lot of sense.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2023, 07:49 PM
Excited for this one! I don't think we've played a CAA team since the '09 championship game (besides JMU, who is no longer FCS).

2wagriz
November 25th, 2023, 08:01 PM
If Delaware brings what i saw on TV, it doesnt look close......for them.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2023, 08:03 PM
Confidence in the playoffs? What is this, 2011?

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 10:17 PM

Why was he not the starter from day 1 ?

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2023, 11:58 PM
Why was he not the starter from day 1 ?
We wanted everyone to think we were bad, so the second half ascension looked even better.

In all seriousness, he got here only a few weeks before the season started, while our other transfer QB (Mr. Vidlak from earlier in the thread) who transferred from Boise State by way of Oregon State had already joined the team in the winter, and honestly looked pretty dang good in the spring. Not sure what happened to him, but in actual games, he was mediocre at best, and doo doo poo poo at worst. I guess Clifton impressed enough in fall camp that they went with a "play one guy for a game and see how it goes" approach to see who would win the job, so Vidlak started against Butler (W 35-20) and Clif started against Utah Tech (W 43-14), then Vidlak started against Ferris State (W 17-10) before going doo doo poo poo against NAU.

Vidlak was benched after the NAU game (where he turned the ball over twice and was sacked 5 times), and Clif has gotten better every week and stole the job, basically.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2023, 12:03 AM
I've got the Griz by 2 scores because it will be loud and cold.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2023, 01:04 AM
We wanted everyone to think we were bad, so the second half ascension looked even better.

In all seriousness, he got here only a few weeks before the season started, while our other transfer QB (Mr. Vidlak from earlier in the thread) who transferred from Boise State by way of Oregon State had already joined the team in the winter, and honestly looked pretty dang good in the spring. Not sure what happened to him, but in actual games, he was mediocre at best, and doo doo poo poo at worst. I guess Clifton impressed enough in fall camp that they went with a "play one guy for a game and see how it goes" approach to see who would win the job, so Vidlak started against Butler (W 35-20) and Clif started against Utah Tech (W 43-14), then Vidlak started against Ferris State (W 17-10) before going doo doo poo poo against NAU.

Vidlak was benched after the NAU game (where he turned the ball over twice and was sacked 5 times), and Clif has gotten better every week and stole the job, basically.
Oh I forgot to mention that Vidlak, who started the season as our starter, is now 3rd on the depth chart behind a true freshman (who will likely also get playing time this postseason, especially if we fall behind and need to pass a lot).

It's been a weird season. There are incredibly few Griz fans who even dreamed this type of performance from this team back in September was possible.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2023, 06:28 AM
I think if Delaware was completely healthy this could be a good game but they aren’t so I think Montana wins 38-20

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2023, 08:29 AM

Thank you for all of that

didn't realize he was at Central Arkansas in 2022

so he arrived to Montana after summer practice had already started? I ask because you said he only got here a few weeks before the season started.

Wolffan
November 26th, 2023, 08:36 AM
If Delaware brings what i saw on TV, it doesnt look close......for them. Yes, the Delaware third and second stringers now starting in key roles (QB, RB...) means this team is just a ghost of itself...and had to launch a furious comeback just to beat Lafayette of the Patriot League.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2023, 09:15 AM
I think if Delaware was completely healthy this could be a good game but they aren’t so I think Montana wins 38-20

and you’re being kind

Delaware is totally decimated by injuries right now

HensRock
November 26th, 2023, 09:53 AM

It will be at least that. But it will not be because of loud or cold.

and you’re being kind

Delaware is totally decimated by injuries right now

This ^^^

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 10:52 AM
What is projected temp at game time?

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2023, 11:24 AM

About 35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silenoz
November 26th, 2023, 11:35 AM

so he arrived to Montana after summer practice had already started? I ask because you said he only got here a few weeks before the season started.
When his name started showing up in the box scores in the first couple games, I had never heard of him. Granted I'm not exactly as rabid about FCS as I used to be.

HensRock
November 26th, 2023, 11:56 AM

About 35

That's 23 degrees WARMER than Delaware's last visit to Washington-Grizzly

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 12:02 PM
About 35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

need some wind with that

The Cats
November 26th, 2023, 12:03 PM
Montana

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2023, 01:20 PM

Whoops, that's my bad. I meant to say a few weeks before (maybe even the week before?) fall camp started.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2023, 02:24 PM
...............IS POOR OL'....ANDY (WIDE RIGHT) LARSON.....STILL IN WITNESS PROTECTION.......xconfusedx.......AWK?

grizband
November 26th, 2023, 02:36 PM
...............IS POOR OL'....ANDY (WIDE RIGHT) LARSON.....STILL IN WITNESS PROTECTION.......xconfusedx.......AWK?
I mean, he did make a 48 yardfield goal to beat Marshall in the 1995 championship game.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2023, 03:30 PM
Excited for this one! I don't think we've played a CAA team since the '09 championship game (besides JMU, who is no longer FCS).

2021 @ JMU, How'd that one go for you?

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2023, 03:38 PM
Not as well as 2004 in Missoula.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2023, 03:47 PM

Seems about right, although the Grizzlies looked pretty awesome vs Montana State, they are a very legitimate #2 seed. Delaware is a hard team to assess at this point. Everyone has injuries this time of year but Delaware's are off the chart bad. RB Yarns went down vs Lafayette, although the Hens seem to be able to consistently roll out RBs who can get the job done. Their #3 QB Freshman Nick Minicucci improved significantly as the game went on this past Saturday.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Not as well as 2004 in Missoula.

That's the key, stay in Missoula.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2023, 05:58 PM
God I've missed sad CAA fans talking smack to us vicariously through other teams after their own team failed to even make the playoffs.

penguinpower
November 26th, 2023, 06:02 PM
The CAA is the Little Sisters of the Poor in my opinion. Montana curb stomps them in my opinion. I hope they prove to be a legitimate level of competition.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2023, 06:20 PM
God I've missed sad CAA fans talking smack to us vicariously through other teams after their own team failed to even make the playoffs.

You brought the subject of the JMU game up my friend, not me. I thought you might want to fill in the details since it was only 2 years ago.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2023, 06:28 PM

good move putting some shades on that scared bear in the headlights avatar

You could see the fear in his eyes 👀

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2023, 06:35 PM
You brought the subject of the JMU game up my friend, not me. I thought you might want to fill in the details since it was only 2 years ago.
I'm simply noting how infrequently we've played CAA teams, but really, thank you.

I feel like I'm 20 again in 2008 listening to Rhode Island fans unironically say things like "Actually, when one CAA team wins it all, it's like all of us won it all."

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2023, 06:42 PM
good move putting some shades on that scared bear in the headlights avatar

You could see the fear in his eyes 
Haha I was only gonna change it if we won the Brawl, but I simply found a better version is all. xcoolx

KPSUL
November 26th, 2023, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=uofmman1122;3162737]I'm simply noting how infrequently we've played CAA teams, but really, thank you.

I feel like I'm 20 again in 2008 listening to Rhode Island fans unironically say things like "Actually, when one CAA team wins it all, it's like all of us won it all."[/QUOTE

Man do you have a vivid imagination coming up with a 2008 URI analogy to my one line post.

It seemed to me that you were implying your loss to JMU shouldn't count as a CAA loss now they moved to the Sun Belt. But if your message is that Montana simply has not played many CAA teams I appreciate the clarification.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2023, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=uofmman1122;3162737]
Man do you have a vivid imagination coming up with a 2008 URI analogy to my one line post.

It seemed to me that you were implying your loss to JMU shouldn't count as a CAA loss now they moved to the Sun Belt. But if your message is that Montana simply has not played many CAA teams I appreciate the clarification.
Yeah, you misinterpreted what I said. Since JMU is no longer a CAA or FCS team, we haven't played a team from the current CAA in a long time. Even with that JMU game, they're the only one since 2009 Nova.

But don't worry, your innate CAA fan came out, and I appreciate the walk through memory lane there. xthumbsupx

(I'm assuming since you joined in 2014 that you weren't around here back then, but I am not kidding when I say from 2006-2009-ish, we got more **** on this site from fans of CAA teams we never even played than fans of teams like JMU, Richmond and Nova when we faced them in the playoffs lol)

FUBeAR
November 26th, 2023, 08:15 PM
Haven't read this thread...don't really intend to...sorry Griz/Hen fans, FUBeAR just ain't that into you.

But...since FUBeAR did the research last summer and opened the file for another reason, he thought he would provide some historical data that may interest the peeps posting in this thread...If this has already been posted here or you are uninterested...FUBeAR don't care.

In the 9 prior Playoffs that have utilized the 24 Team / 8 Seeds (with home games AND 1 week rests prior), the record of #2 Seeds vs. Unseeded Opponents, in Round 2, is:

#2 Seeds = 9 WINS
Unseeded = 9 L's

The Average Score in these 9 games has been ~41-~17; a margin of victory of ~24 points.

Only 2 times has the margin of victory been less than double digits. Last year, in 2022, unseeded Richmond (CAA) lost to #2 Seed Sacramento State (Big Sky) 38-31. In 2014, unseeded SDSU almost pulled the upset, before falling 27-24 to NDSU.

GOOD LUCK BLUE HENS!!!

We Paladin Fans, are behind you 100% (this week)!!!!

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2023, 08:24 PM
That's the key, stay in Missoula.
Don't be bitter, be better.

wapiti
November 27th, 2023, 10:03 AM
Prediction for this game: Pain for Delaware

https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E?si=pd6trkfco15GgAMZ

Karl Havoc
November 27th, 2023, 11:46 AM
Montana is favored by 13.

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2023, 11:57 AM
Haven't read this thread...don't really intend to...sorry Griz/Hen fans, FUBeAR just ain't that into you.

But...since FUBeAR did the research last summer and opened the file for another reason, he thought he would provide some historical data that may interest the peeps posting in this thread...If this has already been posted here or you are uninterested...FUBeAR don't care.

In the 9 prior Playoffs that have utilized the 24 Team / 8 Seeds (with home games AND 1 week rests prior), the record of #2 Seeds vs. Unseeded Opponents, in Round 2, is:

#2 Seeds = 9 WINS
Unseeded = 9 L's

The Average Score in these 9 games has been ~41-~17; a margin of victory of ~24 points.

Only 2 times has the margin of victory been less than double digits. Last year, in 2022, unseeded Richmond (CAA) lost to #2 Seed Sacramento State (Big Sky) 38-31. In 2014, unseeded SDSU almost pulled the upset, before falling 27-24 to NDSU.

GOOD LUCK BLUE HENS!!!

We Paladin Fans, are behind you 100% (this week)!!!!
"undefeated vs FCS"
https://media.tenor.com/5TRq69vpDz0AAAAC/whoops-my.gif
xlolxxcoffeex

ElCid
November 27th, 2023, 12:26 PM
Montana, big time. Especially now that Delaware players will be distracted, big time. 28+

dbackjon
November 27th, 2023, 01:28 PM
Grizzlies eat Chickens

GannonFan
November 27th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Yeah, this game was never bound to be terribly competitive. UD's starting a true freshman at QB with a grand total of 1 start, at home no less, under his belt. UD, under Carty, has started to turn this thing around from the mediocrity that was the program under the two coaches (Brock and Rocco) before him. But we're not there yet. We'll show up, and could throw a haymaker here and there, but the Griz are rightly favored by a hefty margin.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2023, 02:19 PM
Today, on my phone, where an I bet on this game in NJ

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2023, 07:03 PM
Gonna be sad to watch Delaware's last meaningful game.

bonarae
November 27th, 2023, 11:01 PM
Gonna be sad to watch Delaware's last meaningful game.

And also last FCS and playoff game too for the Blue Hens. Will the Griz faithful boo at them perhaps? xchinscratchx

Rob Iola
November 28th, 2023, 12:07 AM
Delaware 24 Montana 17

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2023, 12:17 AM
Welcome back Rob

Rob Iola
November 28th, 2023, 12:20 AM
Welcome back Rob
Thanks. Saw Bill's sad news and thought I'd pay my respects with a visit back to the original forum. Although today's Delaware news means it'll only be temporary.

Iowagriz
November 28th, 2023, 09:59 AM
Missoula weather, from my house near Missoula airport.

17 degrees Monday night at 9pm
9 degrees Tues morning at 9am

The forecast is to warmup, but pack your warm trousers.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

100%GRIZ
November 28th, 2023, 10:10 AM
Griz - 35
Hens - 11

POD Knows
November 28th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Griz 45
UD -7

Silenoz
November 28th, 2023, 03:34 PM
And also last FCS and playoff game too for the Blue Hens. Will the Griz faithful boo at them perhaps? xchinscratchx
I think we only boo the Cats. And Eagles. And Idaho. And maybe Weber.

Ivytalk
November 28th, 2023, 03:42 PM
Montana 41, UD 16

ngineer
November 28th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Game kicks off Saturday 12/2 at 7PM MT and will be streaming on ESPN+. Winner faces the winner of Chattanooga and Furman.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53356229212_f0c3706536_b.jpg
7 P.M. Mountain Time?!!! Gonna be a bit chilly for the Hens, I suspect. If not drilled, well chilled.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2023, 09:05 PM
Will The Hens bring the right footgear?

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2023, 10:25 PM
Will The Hens bring the right footgear?
Fortunately, these are available in blue, instead of black, also...

https://content.backcountry.com/images/items/1200/LSP/LSPZ2GH/BLAYEL_D1.jpg

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 29th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Just got some Tix and will be in attendance. I was at the last game in Missoula between these 2 teams. I am hoping for a different result! I certainly do not want it coming down to a kick......

HensRock
November 29th, 2023, 01:57 PM

With our "Undefeated at Washington-Grizzly Stadium" record on the line as well!

2wagriz
November 29th, 2023, 02:45 PM

The ole girl has grown a bit since then...

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2023, 06:46 AM
Fortunately, these are available in blue, instead of black, also...

https://content.backcountry.com/images/items/1200/LSP/LSPZ2GH/BLAYEL_D1.jpg
Weirdly Bear I saw a blue and gold shoe JUST LIKE THIS lying on shoulder on Rt 40 at Cowtown in Woodstown NJ driving to Lafayette at Delaware. I didnt see a match OR I would have stiopped and got both AND worn them to game as a guffaw for my Leopard brethren

THE DANIMAL
November 30th, 2023, 04:50 PM
I stole this from the Egriz icon Brint, just to add some info to this thread.

Your #2 Montana Grizzlies host the #11 Delaware Blue Hens this weekend in the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs. Delaware just came off a major come from behind win against LaFayette and are coming to Missoula riding the wave of a big win. While Delaware is dealing with a nasty run of injuries they are not a team to be taken lightly. They have great size and skill on both O-line and D-line, they play physical, and they’re not intimidated. Fans may pass this game off as being one that should be *easier* because of UD’s injuries at QB, RB, & WR – but last week they got it done and good luck knowing who to prepare for this week.

Delaware this season started just inside the top 25 but kept creeping up as they started the year 7-1 with their only loss coming to Penn State in their first 8 weeks. They moved all the way up to 5th in the country but then they fell to 11 after losing to Villanova the last week of the season. They held being in the top 10 for a while but stumbled against Elon, and then 2 weeks later dropped another game to Villanova which pushed them off getting a seed and vying for the CAA title.

In the preseason Delaware was picked to finish 4th in the CAA and did receive 1 first place vote and they found one of their WRs, their Kicker, and Punter were all selected for their pre-season all conference team.

With the regular season over, Delaware finished 2nd with 1 other team in the CAA where 3 others finished tied 1st. They were 6-2 in conference. However I notice that Delaware only played Villanova but not UAlbany or Richmond who also finished T-1. They lost to Villanova the other week 35-7. They also lost to Elon who had the same conference record as them. It doesn’t appear that they have any ranked wins. They beat Duquesne who got to the playoffs and only beat 1 other team with a winning record. UD lost two QBs in their loss to Villanova and an O-lineman with apparently a handful of other possibly minor-ish injuries too. On the CAA all conference team UD placed their RB, an OL, a DL and PR on the 2nd team, plus a WR, TE, OL, S, and P on the 3rd team.

Delaware Blue Hens 9-3

37-13 win vs Stony Brook: UD held a good lead through the whole game, they even sealed the win with a pick-6 in the 4th quarter. Delaware passed for 414 yards but also lost 3 interceptions in the game.

7-63 loss @ Penn State: An expected outcome, they did have one nice long rushing TD, 66 yards, to get the score to 14-7 at that point, but after that it was all PSU. Delaware had 140 yards of total offense, 66 of which on that one run. Penn State ran for 315 and passed for 226.

42-14 win vs St Francis (PA): The game started a little choppy with a 0-0 tie for a quarter and then an SFU touchdown to go up 7-0 but UD got going after that, scoring 42 unanswered points. Delaware’s scoring consisted of some big plays, a 30 yard TD run, a 48 and a 27 yard TD pass, and another pick 6. Both teams gained somewhat similar yards, however Delaware forced 3 turnovers in the game while SFU didn’t force one.

29-25 win vs New Hampshire: UNH was up 18-0 thanks to a first possession Delaware safety, then 2 punts, and a turnover on downs. UD woke up though before the half and scored a TD, forced a quick punt, and scored again and got a 2 point conversion to set the game at 18-15 at the half. UD scored again in the 3rd and took the lead but then promptly gave up a 100 yard kick return to surrender it back. They then had a long, promising drive die on a lost fumble, but got the ball back and would score the go-ahead TD late in the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter was a grudge match. Delware had 3 possessions that went; punt, turnover on downs, punt. While UNH tossed a pick, turnover on downs, and ran out of time. UNH passed for 404 on Delaware, while UD passed for 336, neither team was great on 3rd down, but both had some nice returns, including UNH’s housecall.

43-17 win vs Duquesne: It was close for a little bit, 17-15 DUQ halfway through the 2nd quarter, however after that Delaware locked down and did their thing, shutting out Duquesne after that. UD passed for 350 and grabbed 3 interceptions in the game. After going up 17-15 I believe Duquesne had just 2 first downs the rest of the game, and none in the 2nd half.

21-6 win vs N.C. A&T: Delaware’s 4th home game in a row – the stats took a turn on their head. Playing in a downpour the whole day, instead of passing a ton, UD had just 57 passing, and it was their original starting QB in the game. However, they did rush for 343 yards in the game! Meanwhile A&T had just 31 passing, and 161 rushing, while losing 3 fumbles.

47-3 win @ Hampton: 10/21 and it’s UD’s 2nd road game and they rolled. It was 38-3 at the half, UD even took a punt to the house. Delaware had 522 fairly balanced yards and held Hampton to just 216.

51-13 win @ Towson: Even more fireworks on offense for Delaware, 233 rushing, 386 passing and they never had to punt the whole day. Delaware’s stud RB Marcus Yarns had 5 total TDs on the day.

27-33 loss vs Elon: This one stung, and I looked it up, UD’s starting QB O’Connor played the whole game (although he’d missed at least 1 prior game). Elon was up 20-13 at the half, and then 27-13 into the 3rd quarter and Delaware just couldn’t catch up. Elon passed for 350 yards, out-gaining Delaware, and did force 1 interception from Delaware too. Elon controlled the clock and got after UD’s QB as well with 4 sacks.

45-7 win @ Campbell: Nice little bounce-back game, UD forced 3 turnovers and outgained Campbell by about 150 yards. It was over by halftime.

35-7 loss vs Villanova: Man, UD had some tough losses at home. This was the one we’ve talked about a bit. Delaware saw both their starting QB O’Connor get hurt and the backup Marker get hurt which gave way to the guy who went the whole way against Lafayette, Nick Minicucci. It was 14-7 at the half but looking at UD’s drive chart in the 2nd half it wasn’t pretty. 3 and out, interception lost, 3 and out, 7 plays and a punt, 8 plays and an interception, turnover on downs. ‘Nova was almost perfectly balanced, running for 227 and passing for 222 all while forcing 3 interceptions and holding UD to just 296 total yards.

36-34 win vs Lafayette: I think most of us saw this game and know well enough about it. Down some key guys on offense UD started out awful, losing 4 turnovers in a row – but in the 2nd half they got going and scored 24 points in 4 possessions, including a game winner with 1:34 to go. Delaware’s freshman QB went from putrid in the first half to well improved fast, he had 180 passing and 3 TDs and 3 INTs. While UD had 4 turnovers total their hard hitting defense knocked out UL’s QB and forced 3 fumbles of their own.

-------------
General Stats

Passing yards per game UD (200 for GRIZ vs 254 for UD)
Rushing yards per game GRIZ (194 for GRIZ vs 164 for UD)
Total offense UD (394 for GRIZ vs 419 for UD)
Passing yards allowed per game UD (212 for GRIZ vs 201 for UD)
Rushing yards allowed per game GRIZ (97 for GRIZ vs 145 for UD)
Total defense GRIZ (309 for GRIZ vs 346 for UD)

We go split 3-3 here, UD’s passing game pushes them on offense, while the Grizzly rush defense helps them on the other side.

Offense points scored UD (30.5 for GRIZ vs 32.7 for UD)
Defense points allowed GRIZ (14.5 for GRIZ vs 22 for UD)
Turnover margin GRIZ (+9 for GRIZ / +1 for UD)
Fieldgoal % GRIZ (66.7% for GRIZ vs 62% for UD)
Punt Returns UD (13.5 yards for GRIZ vs 16 yards for UD)
Kick Returns UD (20.3 yards for GRIZ vs 24 yards for UD)
T.O.P. GRIZ (31:57 for GRIZ vs 29:20 for UD)
Red Zone defense (touchdowns) UD (54% GRIZ / 51% UD)
Red Zone offense (touchdowns) GRIZ (67% GRIZ / 60% UD)
3rd down offense GRIZ – (45.2% for GRIZ / 44.5% for UD)
3rd down defense GRIZ – (30% allowed for GRIZ vs 33% allowed for UD)

Delaware gets 4, note 2 of which are in kick and punt returns, and the Griz get the rest, 7 total. That puts it at Montana 10, Delaware 7.
--------------------
UD Players to Watch:

#21 Marcus Yarns, RB – Yarns has 871 rushing and 14 rushing TDs. He’s also 4th highest on the team in receiving yards with 311 yards and 3 more receiving TDs. He left the playoff game in the 3rd quarter and didn’t return. I went back and watch it, looked like an ankle maybe, he did jog/limp off the field. I’m going to assume he’s a go this weekend, he’s probably their best playmaker on offense. If Yarns can’t go, expect to see a heavy dose of 23 Quincy Watson or 27 Jo’Nathan Silver – combined against Lafayette these two had 126 rushing yards (6.6 ypc) and 1 rushing TD.

#5 Joshua Youngblood, WR/KR – Formerly the Big Twelve Special Teams player of the year he started at Kansas State (won it as a true freshman), then he went to Rutgers, and now is finishing his college career at Delaware. Joshua is 2nd in receiving yards with 449 and has a team high 7 receiving TDs. He doesn’t have any punt return stats this year but is averaging 17 yards per kick return.

#17 Jourdan Townsend, WR/PR – Townsend leads the team in receiving yards with 586 yards and has 3 receiving TDs to go with it. He’s a dangerous punt returner, he’s taken 1 to the house and is averaging almost 14.4 yards per return.

#9 Braden Brose, TE – Something this Grizzly defense has real limited experience against, a 6-3, 250 pound TE that is a hell of a blocker and a real talented receiver as well. He’s got 358 receiving yards and 5 TD receptions this season. In the Lafayette game the color commentator was singing Brose’s praises the whole game as a lead blocker, a slot receiver, and even a split wide receiver.

#4 Nick Minicucci, QB – I *think* Nick is their starter but honestly I’m not sure. He went the whole way against Lafayette. Nick has played in multiple games, if he starts Saturday it’ll be only his 2nd start. On the season he has 435 passing yards, 5 TDs, and 5 INTs – he’s also run for 160 yards. If somehow #14 Ryan O’Connor can return the UD passing game suddenly becomes FAR more dangerous. O’Connor has just over 1900 passing yards this season, 17 TDs, and 7 INTs

#0 Jackson Taylor, LB – This guy has quite the stat line, 105 tackles, 11.5 TFLs, 3.5 sacks, and 9 QB hits. He made 1st team all conference in the massive CAA. He was a wrecking ball against Lafayette – he was credited with 4 QB hits in that game alone, he also forced 1 fumble and recovered 2 in that game.

#12 Chase McGowan, DE – A 2nd team all conference DE, he’s a 265 pound wrecking ball. He has 16 TFLs, 7 sacks, 9 QB hits, and 2 forced fumbles this season.

#93 Jack Hall, DL – A 6-2, 262 pound D-lineman he’s got 40 tackles, 7.5 TFLs, 4 sacks, 3 QB Hits, and 2 forced fumbles this season.

#44 Dillon Trainer, LB – A team captain along with McGowan, he’s 2nd on the team in tackles with 64, he’s got 5.5 TFLs and 1 sack. He also has 1 interception and 1 forced fumble.

-------------------------------

Keys to a victory

1. Stop the run. Making UD 1-dimensional will really help, and while Montana presumably has to prepare for multiple QBs and RBs, there’s 1 thing that’s constant – Delaware’s OL is very good. They’re big, tough, and mean. They’re going to test our rush defense in the way our Grizzly OL tests teams. Yarns is maybe Delaware’s biggest difference maker, I have a hard time seeing him miss this game, the Griz need to make sure he’s not running wild on us.

2. Win the turnover battle. UD has turnover issues at times, it seems. Montana needs to force 2 or more turnovers and finish on the positive side of the margin. The Griz can’t give UD short field and easy stretches for Delaware.

3. 200+ rushing and a strong TOP. One thing that would stand out to me a lot is UD tends to score fairly quickly – especially with their full compliment of players. Good / sustained TD drives that chew the clock will keep their offense cold all night.

4. Be the better special teams coverage unit. This might be our coverage guys best test of the season. UD’s returners are dudes and if the Griz get sloppy, they’ll get burned and give up an easy score.

5. Be the better RZ team on defense. UD’s defense forces field goal attempts more than our defense does, on average. With each team being solid in the red zone it could be the defense that tightens up more in the RZ could be a major factor in the game’s outcome.

6. Prevent the deep shot TD passes. The Grizzly defense has become far better at that this season, and of course they need to keep it going this game. Even with a true freshman QB Delaware hit multiple deep pass plays in their comeback win last week.

7. The Grizzly OL has to keep this unique / high pressure UD defense from disrupting things too much. This is a big and very physical D-line they’re going to face, our OL needs to be on point all night long.

----------------------

After seeing more film on Delaware, I don’t think this team is the pushover team that many fans are assuming them to be – even though they’re potentially beat up at some key spots. Their defense is stout, their OL is very good, and they have some special skill guys. Last week’s game showed that even on their 2nd or 3rd string QB or RB they made stuff happen. My hope is Montana is well prepared for a variation of starters and doesn’t get surprised by a sudden “return” of a guy that we didn’t prep for – especially at RB/QB.

Road game, night game, Wa Griz, and with Montana’s momentum, I do think we come away with a win here though. The Griz tend to have some bye-week rust though and it wouldn’t surprise me if Delaware jumps on us early and we feel this game could be more of a dogfight than initially expected. If the Griz can just ensure they get rolling as the game goes I see them pulling away. I’m honestly not too sure about that 18.5 spread though. I’ll say we’re tied or 1-score at the half, but the Griz pull away eventually, winning 34-17

Go Griz!

Silenoz
December 1st, 2023, 11:01 AM
I think it comes down to whether or not the Hens can stop McDowell on the zone read and RPO. No one has done it recently, and then Ostmo and Gillman start to wear people out with their punishing runs. If they can do that it'll be a ballgame.

SeattleCat
December 1st, 2023, 04:55 PM
I think it comes down to whether or not the Hens can stop McDowell on the zone read and RPO. No one has done it recently, and then Ostmo and Gillman start to wear people out with their punishing runs. If they can do that it'll be a ballgame.

McDowell makes everything work for you guys, I told my cousin (big griz fan) he should have been the starter from the start, he has that it factor. Ostmo is good but I've been impressed by Gilman's physicality all year, dude straight up decks people. Your receivers are sneaky good too, very good hands. I have a feeling you guys are going to really punish Delaware for leaving the FCS.

Catbooster
December 1st, 2023, 07:40 PM
Those Irish-texans are good QB's. We had one (McGhee) a few years ago. He's coaching in the NFL now.

Silenoz
December 1st, 2023, 11:58 PM
McDowell makes everything work for you guys, I told my cousin (big griz fan) he should have been the starter from the start, he has that it factor. Ostmo is good but I've been impressed by Gilman's physicality all year, dude straight up decks people. Your receivers are sneaky good too, very good hands. I have a feeling you guys are going to really punish Delaware for leaving the FCS.
Yeah, I suspect he'll end up being our best running back since Reynolds. Better than Van, Calhoun, and pre-injury Knight.

KPSUL
December 2nd, 2023, 07:20 AM
The Delaware Game Notes indicate O'Connor and Yarns are starting. Truth or Deception?

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2023, 05:40 PM
The Delaware Game Notes indicate O'Connor and Yarns are starting. Truth or Deception?

Anyone?? Well I note the spread has just risen Sat afternoon from 17.5 to 20.0 so if they are starting its not an endorsement of them??

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2023, 06:00 PM

don't trust the game notes

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2023, 06:27 PM
don't trust the game notes

Agreed...trust Vegas lol

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2023, 07:01 PM
Agreed...trust Vegas lol

did you shake that chest cold?

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2023, 07:19 PM
did you shake that chest cold?

Finally! Thank u

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2023, 07:32 PM
Go Pards!

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2023, 08:01 PM
Go Pards!

I almost got to go to Missoula

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 08:04 PM
Snow game!!

- - - Updated - - -

I almost got to go to Missoula

Go anyway...trust me xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 08:22 PM
MONTANA 3
DELAWARE 0 5:21 1Q

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2023, 08:30 PM
Snow game!!

- - - Updated - - -

Go anyway...trust me xnodx

This.

KPSUL
December 2nd, 2023, 08:31 PM
Delaware hasn't noticed the ground is snow covered. They need to quit running plays that start parallel to the line of scrimmage.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 08:33 PM
TD Griz...this is going to be a blood bath...

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 08:33 PM
MONTANA 10
DELAWARE 0 3:31 1Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 08:47 PM
MONTANA 16
DELAWARE 0.......WHY GO FOR TWO.........xdontknowx...........?

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2023, 08:49 PM
Delaware hasn't noticed the ground is snow covered. They need to quit running plays that start parallel to the line of scrimmage.

true dat

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 08:49 PM
TD HENS!

Chalupa Batman
December 2nd, 2023, 08:50 PM
HUGE score for Delaware! Now the D needs to get a stop

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 08:51 PM
MONTANA 16
DELAWARE 6 2PT TRY NO GOOD

dewey
December 2nd, 2023, 08:55 PM
MONTANA 16
DELAWARE 0.......WHY GO FOR TWO.........xdontknowx...........?

Right? Montana would be up by 3 scores vs 2.

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 08:58 PM
NONTANA 19
DELAWARE 6 10:33 2Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:01 PM
Right? Montana would be up by 3 scores vs 2.

Dewey

KICK X-TRA POINT & @ 17-0.....STILL UP THREE SCORES

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:10 PM
MONTANA 26
DELAWARE 6

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 09:13 PM
I think this game is going about as expected. UD was truly fortunate to win last week...

The Hens are not going to be carrying a lot of momentum into FBS. It will be interesting to see how the administration re-imagines the program. The talent level is nowhere close to what it was under Keeler and Tubby. They had dudes. They look like your typical "good" but not great PL team the last decade...

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:16 PM
SAFETY!

- - - Updated - - -

GRIZZWOLDS 28
DELAWARE 6

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2023, 09:18 PM
Delaware will fit in well with the C-USA.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:23 PM
Delaware will fit in well with the C-USA.

DID YA WATCH DUH C-USA CHAMP GAME......IF NOT YA MISSED UH GOOD'IN......BRAWK!

AN' WE ARE PLAYIN' INNA SNOW STORM.........AH KNOW....SO ARE DUH GRIZZWOLDS....AWK!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 09:26 PM
DID YA WATCH DUH C-USA CHAMP GAME......IF NOT YA MISSED UH GOOD'IN......BRAWK!

I was pulling like hell for Kill and the Aggies. If their starting QB doesn't get hurt the outcome might have been different. Hmm...sounds familiar....

UD really needs to step up their game though. The FBS label alone in this era of crazy isn't going to create an uptick in talent. Don't be another UMass. There's a ton of work to be done in Newark. Montana and the best of FCS are way ahead of the Hens...

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2023, 09:28 PM

Looking like more.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 09:30 PM
TD 'Griz! or not? Another instance of dropping the ball before crossing the goal line?!?!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:32 PM
GRIZZ 35
HENS 6 3:31 2Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:36 PM
S. ILLINOIS 7
IDAHO 0 13:06 2Q

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 2nd, 2023, 09:37 PM
Delaware is looking like one of its alum's economy.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 2nd, 2023, 09:39 PM
I was pulling like hell for Kill and the Aggies. If their starting QB doesn't get hurt the outcome might have been different. Hmm...sounds familiar....

UD really needs to step up their game though. The FBS label alone in this era of crazy isn't going to create an uptick in talent. Don't be another UMass. There's a ton of work to be done in Newark. Montana and the best of FCS are way ahead of the Hens...

Liberty winning was the good outcome. They earned their success.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 09:40 PM
It is pouring snow! Don't let the Montana bravado fool ya, it's going to be a wicked drive home!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:42 PM
TD HENS!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:44 PM
GRIZZWOLDS 35
HENS 12 0:26 2Q

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2023, 09:44 PM
It is pouring snow! Don't let the Montana bravado fool ya, it's going to be a wicked drive home!
Driving in the snow in the dark is never a good time.

Winterborn
December 2nd, 2023, 09:46 PM
Driving in the snow in the dark is never a good time.I always do like the hyperdrive effect that happens though.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:51 PM
S. ILLINOIS 10
IDAHO 0 11:53 2Q

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2023, 09:51 PM

Carty has stepped up in first 2 years, ways to go yet

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 09:56 PM
.......CARTY HAS TWO PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN TWO YEARS....AS UH HEAD COACH....WHIFF MO' SKOLLIES & RECRUITS WHO WANT FBS........SKOOLED BAH CHIP KELLY & KEELER.......HE'LL DO FINE....AWK!

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2023, 10:01 PM
Griz about to be the only Big Sky team left in the playoffs. All is right with the world once again.xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 10:14 PM
FRESHMAN QB NOW IN....FO' HENS!........... IS O'CONNER INJURED OR JES' SPELLED??

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2023, 10:16 PM
SAFETY!

- - - Updated - - -

GRIZZWOLDS 28
DELAWARE 6
Does that set a record for largest loss from scrimmage for a safety negative 27 yards??

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 10:17 PM
O'CONNOR BACK IN!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 10:31 PM
FUMBLE SCOOP & SCORE!

GRIZZ 42
HENS 12

Karl Havoc
December 2nd, 2023, 10:37 PM
This is a bloodbath. When I saw O’Conner and Yarns were active and the bad weather I was expecting this would be at a competitive game. Montana is on a different level.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 10:37 PM
GRIZZWOLDS 49
DELAWARE 12 6:36.........MERCY RULE?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 10:43 PM
That was a helluva catch!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 11:01 PM
GRIZZ 49
HENS 19 13:33 4Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 11:03 PM
S. ILLINOIS 10
IDAHO 3 3Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 11:11 PM
S. ILLINOIS 10
IDAHO 10 3Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 11:24 PM
S. ILLINOIS 17
IDAHO 10 4Q

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2023, 11:32 PM
......CONGRATS GRIZZ........YA'S SPANKED US GOOD.........GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK..........BRAWK!

MUHAWKS
December 2nd, 2023, 11:38 PM
hmmm. not for nothing but Delaware, for their resources (budget, stadium, history and admin who is committed to Football and a real gameday experience) seems ho hum to me. Carty MAY be a good recruiter for now b/c he is "young and fiery" a players coach yada yada and he got some guys to stay and used connections to get guys in but they just seem like the tallest midget in what is a "good" FCS conference (CAA) by default-- good enough to beat the average teams, win a good game or two but he continued the Nova streak and got curb stomped 2 years in a row against the real FCS.. I am not hating here, just telling it like it is.. Inconsistent, and I guess I will concede that injuries this year were bad but a lot of teams face them. Essentially all Carty and UDEL did was something that should be the bare minimum status quo for a team like them. No axe or even cares about what happens in FBS, wish ya'll the best but for what was for two years in a ow supposed to be a legit team (not saying Hens fans saying it) I call it underperformance relative to what could be. Delaware should be the absolute best FCS team in the East who competes with FCS best most years and they simply have not been. Carty's edge seems to be his youth and recruiting so who knows what would have happened, guess we will never know.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 11:38 PM
......CONGRATS GRIZZ........YA'S SPANKED US GOOD.........GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK..........BRAWK!

It was a good season for UD but more importantly a HELLUVA 43 year run for the Hens! As someone who grew up in a Lehigh family and can still, barely, remember UD coming to Taylor Stadium the ending is a bit bittersweet....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2023, 11:42 PM
hmmm. not for nothing but Delaware, for their resources (budget, stadium, history and admin who is committed to Football and a real gameday experience) seems ho hum to me. Carty MAY be a good recruiter for now b/c he is "young and fiery" a players coach yada yada and he got some guys to stay and used connections to get guys in but they just seem like the tallest midget in what is a "good" FCS conference (CAA) by default-- good enough to beat the average teams, win a good game or two but he continued the Nova streak and got curb stomped 2 years in a row against the real FCS.. I am not hating here, just telling it like it is.. Inconsistent, and I guess I will concede that injuries this year were bad but a lot of teams face them. Essentially all Carty and UDEL did was something that should be the bare minimum status quo for a team like them. No axe or even cares about what happens in FBS, wish ya'll the best but for what was for two years in a ow supposed to be a legit team (not saying Hens fans saying it) I call it underperformance relative to what could be. Delaware should be the absolute best FCS team in the East who competes with FCS best most years and they simply have not been. Carty's edge seems to be his youth and recruiting so who knows what would have happened, guess we will never know.

The level of football at UD has dropped off considerably. The administration really needs to step of their game big time! All aspects of Hen football need to be assessed. Something just isn't adding up...

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2023, 01:19 AM
It was a really fun game, and I was really impressed with Delaware's #5, #14, and #21. Bunch of gamers.

Best of luck to the Hens in the future. I'm glad we got another shot at you to avenge the game in '93.

Go...gate
December 3rd, 2023, 02:14 AM

You make a good point but my observation over more than sixty years is that Delaware is and always has been one of the crown jewels in NCAA College Division/DII/DI-AA/FCS Football. UD has had its ups and downs but I believe they will do fine in FBS.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2023, 08:08 AM
Delaware is looking like one of its alum's economy.

yep.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2023, 08:09 AM
I didn't expect such a rout......and I remember 8 weeks ago Montana fans saying their team was not top-20.....

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 08:39 AM

MUHAWKS you devil you

Delaware fans were telling all of AGS that the Hens were being overrated in the polls all year and you definitely had the Hen fever … You and I know the story, I agree with the majority of your post but your enamorado of Delaware football leaves you a little blurry on some details. I won’t mention as they don’t matter now as Hens are done and few care on AGS now.

Bad break to get Montana in second round but Delaware earned their fate by losing to Villanova again. The Hens if healthy, hang with Youngstown, Idaho, Richmond, Sacramento State, North Dakota types

Definitely not ready for the big boys and that should be news to nobody

Maybe one day Monmouth will make the playoffs again. Remember Monmouth was kind of a Lil Darling when playing in the Big South but now in the CAA she can’t find her lipstick case.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2023, 08:44 AM
Does that set a record for largest loss from scrimmage for a safety negative 27 yards??

AH DOUBT IT......AS LONG AS DEY'RE'S......UH GEORGETOWN/COLUMBIA/PRAIRIE VIEW A& M/VMI.....ETC...........AH'D GUESS....AWK!

ps.........IT WAS............... INNNA SNOW STORM.......BRAWK!

Sitting Bull
December 3rd, 2023, 08:48 AM
Just an observation, this game outdrew (or very close) the CUSA championship game. In a blinding snowstorm no less.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2023, 09:37 AM
Just an observation, this game outdrew (or very close) the CUSA championship game. In a blinding snowstorm no less.

.....ARE YOUSE.....RELATED TA......penguinpower?.........BAWK!......BUK-BUK-BUK!

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2023, 09:57 AM
AH DOUBT IT......AS LONG AS DEY'RE'S......UH GEORGETOWN/COLUMBIA/PRAIRIE VIEW A& M/VMI.....ETC...........AH'D GUESS....AWK!

ps.........IT WAS............... INNNA SNOW STORM.......BRAWK!

I know - it was a bizarre play!! I was just commenting on the potential historical aspects of it...never have seen/heard/read of a safety that far from gaol line

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2023, 10:10 AM
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Pards Rule https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3162604#post3162604)
[QUOTE=robsnotes4u;3162614]About 35

.....NOBODAH.....THOUGHT TA MENTION....SNOW?.....AWK!

....GUESS YER WEATHER PEOPLE.....ARE AS INEPT....AS OURAH WEATHER PEOPLE.........DOODLES!

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2023, 10:12 AM
FUBeAR once yeeted a punt snap over the head of his 6-5 (City Champion in the High Jump) Punter's (later Appy's Punter, fwiw) head from the 27 yard line out of the back of the end zone...but that was in HS. So, it doesn't break the HS record, at least.

Truly though - Weren't a few of those 4 Weber State Safety-causing punt snaps last year from further out? Let's go to the tape...

https://youtu.be/1z1VJOx3tOQ?feature=shared

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2023, 10:14 AM
MUHAWKS you devil you

Delaware fans were telling all of AGS that the Hens were being overrated in the polls all year and you definitely had the Hen fever … You and I know the story, I agree with the majority of your post but your enamorado of Delaware football leaves you a little blurry on some details. I won’t mention as they don’t matter now as Hens are done and few care on AGS now.

Bad break to get Montana in second round but Delaware earned their fate by losing to Villanova again. The Hens if healthy, hang with Youngstown, Idaho, Richmond, Sacramento State, North Dakota types

Maybe one day Monmouth will make the playoffs again. Remember Monmouth was kind of a Lil Darling when playing in the Big South but now in the CAA she can’t find her lipstick case.

I will miss Rented Mule U. They were an automatic win for Villanova & always bloated on past reputation in the polls for over a decade & more.

I dont know about the finances of the FBS, but that may be the only positive to moving into probably the worst FBS conference for Blew Hen faithful. Enjoy your trips to Ruston, El Paso, Las Cruces, Murfressboro etc. My bet the thrill of the FBS will wear thin quickly. I’m sure the Blew Hen geriatol generation have been sold on this is only the 1st step to the MAC or AAC. By that time the big boys of the FBS will be gone & the rest will be left with a WTH moment.

I’d expect some movement within the CAA to continue, but not up to FBS. We’re probably not done seeing change here.

xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2023, 10:17 AM
I know - it was a bizarre play!! I was just commenting on the potential historical aspects of it...never have seen/heard/read of a safety that far from gaol line

AH'VE WATCHED PLENTY UH GAMES....WHERE PLAYERS.....CONTINUED TA TA FIGHT FO' DUH PIGGY...AN' BALL KEPT SQUIRTIN' AWAY....TIL IT RAN OUT DUH ENDZONE......IN GOOD/POOR WEATHER.....SEEMS IN ALL DUH GAMES PLAYED IN HISTORY......SOMEONE WOODAH BEAT OURS....AWQ!

DAT STAT IS PROLLLY OUTDERE.....SOMEWHERE...BRAWK!

SEE FOOBEARS.....WEBER STATE VIDEO.......UH DUH 4 SAFETIES!

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2023, 10:23 AM
It was a good season for UD but more importantly a HELLUVA 43 year run for the Hens! As someone who grew up in a Lehigh family and can still, barely, remember UD coming to Taylor Stadium the ending is a bit bittersweet....

YES....BUT AH'M ON RECORD.........AH DON'T CHAMPION.....DUH DECISION.....TICKET PRICES WILL SOAR......WHICH WILL TURN OFF DUH LOCALS.....AS IT DID.....WHEN UD PUT UH MANDATORY DONATION ON 'UM.....AMONGST.......MANY OTHERAH CONCERNS........BAWK!.....BUK-BUK-BUK!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 10:25 AM
I will miss Rented Mule U. They were an automatic win for Villanova & always bloated on past reputation in the polls for over a decade & more.

I dont know about the finances of the FBS, but that may be the only positive to moving into probably the worst FBS conference for Blew Hen faithful. Enjoy your trips to Ruston, El Paso, Las Cruces, Murfressboro etc. My bet the thrill of the FBS will wear thin quickly. I’m sure the Blew Hen geriatol generation have been sold on this is only the 1st step to the MAC or AAC. By that time the big boys of the FBS will be gone & the rest will be left with a WTH moment.

I’d expect some movement within the CAA to continue, but not up to FBS. We’re probably not done seeing change here.

xpeacex

Hoops,

Are you making the trip to the state of South Dakota again?

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2023, 10:47 AM
Hoops,

Are you making the trip to the state of South Dakota again?

Lol.

tbd.

Might go by rented mule. Know any?

xpeacex

MUHAWKS
December 3rd, 2023, 10:52 AM
MUHAWKS you devil you

This is not about Monmouth, a team that plays in a HS Stadium and has had two years in the CAA and only 1 CAA recruiting class. A team that's admin would not give the $$ to hire an extra coach when our DC resigned 2 weeks before the season. ot about us, but about Delaware and facts. Nothing I stated was biased or without factual context. In fact, if anything I am saying Delaware has so may things going for it, there is no reason it should not be one of the "Montana's or Dakota's" but just of the east. You literally said Carty stepped it up these past 2 years. How is losing to Nova and getting blow out in the playoffs by real teams 2 years in a row stepping it up? The Delaware people knew and think of (why, yes I indeed fell for the trap myself) is not a team that literally cannot compete with the big boys- you are SUPPOSED TO BE A BIG BOY. That is my point bro- not that YOU or anyone said "look at us" not at all- my point is how can Del NOT be on that level almost every year? To me, it is vast under achievement. FCS fans like myself LIKED Delaware- think of it is a crown jewel, have respect for the program- not the other way around. So I am just saying my view is that with all the resources (go check comparable budgets) being the "only game in town" like dakota/montana and having a big time atmosphere etc. beating NEC/Patriots and getting smoked by the big guys really is underwhelming and puzzling. LIke if DEL cant do it how the hell can Monmouth? Maybe Albany can.

O'connor looked healthy to me- moved well, threw well without wincing- I see how you took my post as hate but deep down you know I am right. Carty is not a great gameday coach, Delaware has under achieved for years.

As for MU- we are screwed. Since you blame everything on injuries I will blame things on reality. You realize that certain FCS players and no I refuse to name them publicly, get 50-200k MONEY just to leave? Guys that are good but maybe not GREAT. When a school like ours recruits them, develops them and loses them and has NO MEANS by which to replace them it makes it pretty damn hard. We will not make the playoffs for a long time and I am aware - these last 2 years were our shot and if we had I am sure we would have "hung with/beat" the Sacred Hearts, St Francis's and Lafayattes of the world and also got our door blown in against a top team. Since you like to bring up injurys every week, we all know that dinoble does not get hurt it would have been Lafayette in the snowstorm last night. This is not about you or me or anything else, you seem like an awesome dude and have been right about a lot of stuff. This is about Delaware and performance relative to resources and it is not good. Lastly, does not say much for The CAA if you think MU was a darling who can't compete b/c we played almost every single CAA team including the old timers very very tough almost every week. Says very little for the CAA. Albay by the way as you know was 3-8 last year- stuff can change- It prob will not for us b/c we have no clue what is needed to compete at a higher level, but partly why Delaware is leaving is b/c FCS is now eve harder to compete in without money which we do not have. It is not all about thumbing your nose at us ad Bryant and Hampton. No hard feelings- I thought Delaware was great for FCS, and thought a GREAT Delaware team was great for FCS ad the East- just a same they could not get to that level, even with wonder boy Carty..

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 11:40 AM
Lol.

tbd.

Might go by rented mule. Know any?

xpeacex

I heard my fav CAA poster keeps one tied up next to his tent by the lighthouse, saddle and bundle up GT

I will say I hope the glee club prepsters can put up a good game against that Behemoth, bad when a team that good gets the added huge advantage of the elements….

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2023, 12:58 PM
FUBeAR once yeeted a punt snap over the head of his 6-5 (City Champion in the High Jump) Punter's (later Appy's Punter, fwiw) head from the 27 yard line out of the back of the end zone...but that was in HS. So, it doesn't break the HS record, at least.

Truly though - Weren't a few of those 4 Weber State Safety-causing punt snaps last year from further out? Let's go to the tape...

https://youtu.be/1z1VJOx3tOQ?feature=shared

Oh my!!! Oh my!! I can see some if not all them were 27 or better. Amazing stuff

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 01:40 PM
This is not about Monmouth, a team that plays in a HS Stadium and has had two years in the CAA and only 1 CAA recruiting class. A team that's admin would not give the $$ to hire an extra coach when our DC resigned 2 weeks before the season. ot about us, but about Delaware and facts. Nothing I stated was biased or without factual context. In fact, if anything I am saying Delaware has so may things going for it, there is no reason it should not be one of the "Montana's or Dakota's" but just of the east. You literally said Carty stepped it up these past 2 years. How is losing to Nova and getting blow out in the playoffs by real teams 2 years in a row stepping it up? The Delaware people knew and think of (why, yes I indeed fell for the trap myself) is not a team that literally cannot compete with the big boys- you are SUPPOSED TO BE A BIG BOY. That is my point bro- not that YOU or anyone said "look at us" not at all- my point is how can Del NOT be on that level almost every year? To me, it is vast under achievement. FCS fans like myself LIKED Delaware- think of it is a crown jewel, have respect for the program- not the other way around. So I am just saying my view is that with all the resources (go check comparable budgets) being the "only game in town" like dakota/montana and having a big time atmosphere etc. beating NEC/Patriots and getting smoked by the big guys really is underwhelming and puzzling. LIke if DEL cant do it how the hell can Monmouth? Maybe Albany can.

O'connor looked healthy to me- moved well, threw well without wincing- I see how you took my post as hate but deep down you know I am right. Carty is not a great gameday coach, Delaware has under achieved for years.

As for MU- we are screwed. Since you blame everything on injuries I will blame things on reality. You realize that certain FCS players and no I refuse to name them publicly, get 50-200k MONEY just to leave? Guys that are good but maybe not GREAT. When a school like ours recruits them, develops them and loses them and has NO MEANS by which to replace them it makes it pretty damn hard. We will not make the playoffs for a long time and I am aware - these last 2 years were our shot and if we had I am sure we would have "hung with/beat" the Sacred Hearts, St Francis's and Lafayattes of the world and also got our door blown in against a top team. Since you like to bring up injurys every week, we all know that dinoble does not get hurt it would have been Lafayette in the snowstorm last night. This is not about you or me or anything else, you seem like an awesome dude and have been right about a lot of stuff. This is about Delaware and performance relative to resources and it is not good. Lastly, does not say much for The CAA if you think MU was a darling who can't compete b/c we played almost every single CAA team including the old timers very very tough almost every week. Says very little for the CAA. Albay by the way as you know was 3-8 last year- stuff can change- It prob will not for us b/c we have no clue what is needed to compete at a higher level, but partly why Delaware is leaving is b/c FCS is now eve harder to compete in without money which we do not have. It is not all about thumbing your nose at us ad Bryant and Hampton. No hard feelings- I thought Delaware was great for FCS, and thought a GREAT Delaware team was great for FCS ad the East- just a same they could not get to that level, even with wonder boy Carty..

Hawks

rebuilding doesn’t happen over night and your post sounds a lot like the “ Why not Delaware” thread because when you mention resources and inherited advantages… all true

Carty came from the Southland and on arrival at Delaware found a team with no speed and just not enough athletes, he actually knew that before he arrived.
He immediately and aggressively hit the portal, he really had no choice if he wanted to make the 5-6 Hens he inherited competitive. He made playoffs in his first year. He completely rebuilt the team D after year 1.
When is the last time Delaware made the playoffs 2 years in a row? 20 years ago

Is he a good coach? Not sure but I love the fact that he recognizes it’s about getting enough talent, so he has that going for him. He is young and still learning for sure.

I talk about injuries do I… well who was asking about them? You were! Lmao

you give a great example of why Monmouth and FCS teams are now like AA baseball, it’s a sad truth about the good players being lured away and why more older coaches will get out of coaching

Delaware was never ready for the powers of FCS this year and now never will be. That would of taken years if ever

MUHAWKS
December 3rd, 2023, 02:19 PM
Hawks

rebuilding doesn’t happen over night and your post sounds a lot like the “ Why not Delaware” thread because when you mention resources and inherited advantages… all true

Carty came from the Southland and on arrival at Delaware found a team with no speed and just not enough athletes, he actually knew that before he arrived.
He immediately and aggressively hit the portal, he really had no choice if he wanted to make the 5-6 Hens he inherited competitive. He made playoffs in his first year. He completely rebuilt the team D after year 1.
When is the last time Delaware made the playoffs 2 years in a row? 20 years ago

Is he a good coach? Not sure but I love the fact that he recognizes it’s about getting enough talent, so he has that going for him. He is young and still learning for sure.

I talk about injuries do I… well who was asking about them? You were! Lmao

you give a great example of why Monmouth and FCS teams are now like AA baseball, it’s a sad truth about the good players being lured away and why more older coaches will get out of coaching

Delaware was never ready for the powers of FCS this year and now never will be. That would of taken years if ever

Good post- agree on all dude. I go off on tangents but my overall point should have just been "Delaware has had/has the tools to become a pseudo NSDU/SDSU of the east in FCS"-- Now it is moot point. Honestly it all sucks, and you are 100% with you AA baseball analogy. In terms of Carty, all true what you said, but you have to also understand that from others points of view we already see Delaware as "top" level so it is just not the same as say going to Sacred Heart and making them top 15 or even coming to Monmouth and getting a team to win multiple playoff games (both which would be feats).. But your point is take and true- came in saw deficiency made effort to best of ability to do it. I HATE this climate. I go from sort of like "Ok we are in The CAA and not terrible we just have to get a better stadium, some lights, keep some legit NJ guys here, we can do this" to knowing we are going to suffer for years. This year we will lose our best CB, WR and all american RB to portal and draft for latter (my opinion Shirden skips the portal and declares) I can't prove what I am about to say to you or anyone on this board but lets just say I KNOW that Tony Muskett, Dymere Miller type players can and do/will get in CASH or cash equivalents 50-150k. Most of America works 40 hours a week for less than 150k. These guys are not even like "cant miss studs" meaning they are good but not like u are getting Barry Sanders. How do you replace them? NOT in portal, impossible for us, so you do how you always do via recruiting and then you lose em. I get it- all in same boat but not really- the smaller schools who have not truly committed to football will get run over and be bad or mediocre. Not eve sure how Albany has done it. What is the allure there? It aint Gattuso and it sure as hell aint the school or area (nothing wrong with latter just saying no true advantage)... Anyway to each their own but it aint for me.

At the end of the day eve though I said it wrong, I would DREAM of being FCS Delaware and Delaware does not even want that! What does that say for the rest of us!!! Ugh.. miserable..

I did not even realize it was 20 years ago back to back playoffs for ya'll, wow.. anyway if a guy like you eve admits would take years for you to catch up with the top 5 powers FCS, again where does that leave most of us? Just sucks.. Not sure how can continue to spend money to be nothing. Gonna be all or none at some point. I used you guys as an example to my MU peeps. We did not belong on the same field as you last year even if we had Muskett who was hurt- And you guys couodnt even come close to playing with the best of the best. Where does that leave us? Very few understand. Carty may actually have a better chance at FBS than FCS if you think about it with Delaware..

KPSUL
December 3rd, 2023, 04:06 PM
The melodrama has gotten so thick on this Thread that you'd need a chainsaw to cut through it. Last time I checked, there are still two CAA teams in the playoffs and neither is named Delaware. So let's bid the Blue hens a cheerful adieu and best wishes as the move on to their new conference and stop all the hand wringing and perseverating.

Seeding is a huge factor in the FCS playoffs and both Albany and Villanova have some difficult work cut out for them as they travel to hostile environments out west this upcoming weekend. Both Idaho and SDSU will know they have been in a competitive football game regardless of the outcome.

Dusty Kitten
December 3rd, 2023, 05:23 PM
The portal is going to absolutely destroy Delaware
Now that they cannot participate in FCS playoffs in 2024 how are they going to keep what they got or attract anybody new that want's to play meaningful football - crappy situation ahead

NY Crusader 2010
December 3rd, 2023, 05:56 PM
Now that they cannot participate in FCS playoffs in 2024 how are they going to keep what they got or attract anybody new that want's to play meaningful football - crappy situation ahead

I imagine many of their underclassmen could be excited about the prospect of playing FBS ball, no?

Delaware just offered one of our guys currently in the portal looking to go the grad transfer route (6th year).

GRIZ1948
December 3rd, 2023, 05:57 PM
Griz about to be the only Big Sky team left in the playoffs. All is right with the world once again.xlolx

Idaho and Montana is quarter finals

Dusty Kitten
December 3rd, 2023, 06:17 PM
I imagine many of their underclassmen could be excited about the prospect of playing FBS ball, no?

Delaware just offered one of our guys currently in the portal looking to go the grad transfer route (6th year).

No quality skill player with limited years left will be willing to just burn a year ...
Including the coming seniors on the roster

I repeat: The portal will be brutal on Delaware this offseason

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 06:37 PM

Spence DB ?

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 06:59 PM

Delaware fans turned on the CAA and FCS really quick. It’s like they got a peek into the future and saw things that scared them….. “Get out” became the rally cry

I don’t disagree with you at all that next year is gonna be tough for me at least

NY Crusader 2010
December 3rd, 2023, 07:00 PM
Spence DB ?

Yes. Also has offers from UMASS, Akron, Elon, UNH and URI.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2023, 07:58 PM
I'm really interested to see how this plays out. I have a hypothesis naturally grounded in reason, or so I hope, that Delaware has very unique institutional dynamics that will hinder the football program's capacity to excel. Taking a broader look, UD, Rutgers, UConn, UMass, Vermont and to a lesser extent UVA and UNC suffer a bit of an identity crisis given the history of higher education in these two regions and how it impacts institutional positioning/objectives. How to position athletics relative to one another as well as with the academic mission of the institution is a longstanding conundrum. When it comes to Rutgers and UConn, fiscal responsibility has been elusive.

IMO, the move to CUSA is largely being driven by those in both Dover and in Newark to justify the growing costs of college athletics by basically tricking their fans into supporting a program that is being morphed into a revenue stream where success is easily quantified. Go look around G5 message boards and other social media platforms; fans are left touting bowl payouts, media payouts, tv time slots, away game payouts, "marketability", nearly in the same context as W/Ls. On the Temple and AAC boards people are complaining about the loss of bowl money due to Liberty getting the NY6 bid over outgoing SMU. The fact that institutions and other collaborating social entities have been able to convince alums/fans the paramount importance of $$ is a fascinating social dynamic in its own right. "They" have been able to systematically manipulate a great percentage of people to look at the program they support through the lens of an accountant. Obviously, like society in general, the richest get to spend free of ramifications which allow them to put a far greater emphasis on wins and losses.

Dusty Kitten
December 3rd, 2023, 09:53 PM
I'm really interested to see how this plays out. I have a hypothesis naturally grounded in reason, or so I hope, that Delaware has very unique institutional dynamics that will hinder the football program's capacity to excel. Taking a broader look, UD, Rutgers, UConn, UMass, Vermont and to a lesser extent UVA and UNC suffer a bit of an identity crisis given the history of higher education in these two regions and how it impacts institutional positioning/objectives. How to position athletics relative to one another as well as with the academic mission of the institution is a longstanding conundrum. When it comes to Rutgers and UConn, fiscal responsibility has been elusive.

IMO, the move to CUSA is largely being driven by those in both Dover and in Newark to justify the growing costs of college athletics by basically tricking their fans into supporting a program that is being morphed into a revenue stream where success is easily quantified. Go look around G5 message boards and other social media platforms; fans are left touting bowl payouts, media payouts, tv time slots, away game payouts, "marketability", nearly in the same context as W/Ls. On the Temple and AAC boards people are complaining about the loss of bowl money due to Liberty getting the NY6 bid over outgoing SMU. The fact that institutions and other collaborating social entities have been able to convince alums/fans the paramount importance of $$ is a fascinating social dynamic in its own right. "They" have been able to systematically manipulate a great percentage of people to look at the program they support through the lens of an accountant. Obviously, like society in general, the richest get to spend free of ramifications which allow them to put a far greater emphasis on wins and losses.

Go Lehigh, you and I are in complete agreement.
The University of Delaware has almost $2 Billion in cash ...
Sure I get it, Notre Dame has $20 Billion but lets get to the deeper point here.

The growing costs of Athletic programs is real (I completely agree) but Delaware is in exactly ZERO danger of Athletic funding issues. The move up is designed entirely around growing the endowment for their Privately Governed and Publicly Funded University. This Boardroom move isn't any different than a NYSE Cooperate Board deciding pathways to revenue growth in the face of shareholders wanting their $20 dollar stock to double in value in the next 18 months. Delaware is making a monetary decision (that is all) not an Athletics based decision, their Athletic department is simply the tool to execute the initiative.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 10:15 PM

Hey, sign up for gohens.net and post that … I will post it in your name if it’s ok with you

In attempts to be scathing, Ive wrote some “Weird Al” Song parodies that touches on some of the points you bring up.

Do you want to see the lyrics ?

“Go look around G5 message boards and other social media platforms; fans are left touting bowl payouts, media payouts, tv time slots, away game payouts, "marketability", nearly in the same context as W/Ls. On the Temple and AAC boards people are complaining about the loss of bowl money due to Liberty getting the NY6 bid over outgoing SMU”

Maybe this people aren’t really fans but those that will financially benefit from an FBS move

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 10:37 PM
Sure I get it, Notre Dame has $20 Billion but lets get to the deeper point here.

The growing costs of Athletic programs is real (I completely agree) but Delaware is in exactly ZERO danger of Athletic funding issues. The move up is designed entirely around growing the endowment for their Privately Governed and Publicly Funded University. This Boardroom move isn't any different than a NYSE Cooperate Board deciding pathways to revenue growth in the face of shareholders wanting their $20 dollar stock to double in value in the next 18 months. Delaware is making a monetary decision (that is all) not an Athletics based decision, their Athletic department is simply the tool to execute the initiative.

Well several years ago the UD AD supposedly commented that she would be laughed out of the room by the BoT for even mentioning going FBS, the truth is we don’t know why.

this was what I said on Gohens back in early October, one honorable person agreed. The other replies were basically you’re in the minority buddy

“What are the students saying about a move up to FBS and potentially joining the MAC East? The weakest rated Division in FBS according to Massey… are they all fired up?

What about the fans that turned their backs on Delaware football… will they be coming back

Are the fans going to get a piece of the ESPN money?

Fans getting any NIL deals?

Is there a way to drive to Ohio that doesn’t pass through Pennsylvania

Is UD going to tell the fans they can use the ESPN TV money to reduce the cost of the tickets or parking, free beer

Will UD use one of the extra 22 scholarships on a high school student because of achievement in HS that doesn’t involve athletics

Will UD have the cajones to say adios to the RT 1 rivalry

Will the fans really be able to see the difference between New Hampshire and Kent St players….. OMG these Kent St players are just so much better stronger and faster …

For UD, I get why it’s time to leave FCS but what’s really in this for the fan with no real emotional or financial investment in UD? Speaking only for myself and clearly in the minority, it’s always been about football. This move is clearly not for the fans

I do like what Hensrock mentioned and that would be a playoff system put into whatever the next level is going to be

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2023, 10:45 PM
Hey, sign up for gohens.net and post that … I will post it in your name if it’s ok with you

In attempts to be scathing, Ive wrote some “Weird Al” Song parodies that touches on some of the points you bring up.

“Go look around G5 message boards and other social media platforms; fans are left touting bowl payouts, media payouts, tv time slots, away game payouts, "marketability", nearly in the same context as W/Ls. On the Temple and AAC boards people are complaining about the loss of bowl money due to Liberty getting the NY6 bid over outgoing SMU”

Maybe this people aren’t really fans but those that will financially benefit from an FBS move

Give it hell! If you preface it with my Lehigh and Temple connections I'm sure some will feast on my perspective as it relates to the "conclusions I have drawn"....

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2023, 11:23 PM
Give it hell! If you preface it with my Lehigh and Temple connections I'm sure some will feast on my perspective as it relates to the "conclusions I have drawn"....

Thanks

Not sure I’ll actually do it though, but if I do I’ll let you know

The general theme with Hen fans is

CAA is no place to be going forward
The level of play and opponent are noticeably down
The FBS games will have more of a big time feel
We should of done this 20 years ago
Seems like 75% or higher are really excited about moving up

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2023, 07:15 AM

Hey Hens...Easton not that far north!

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2023, 07:19 AM

Damn, just saw a guy this morning in Beach Haven Terrace NJ (Long Beach Island) with a Cross hoodie. He said BIL was capt of football Crusaders years back. He looked to be my age - early 60s. I was wearing my Pard hat and always nake it a point ot say "hidee ho" to PL brethren

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2023, 07:25 AM

CH youre right...this is gold and true! So tired of hearing about bitching on bowl slots, now a storm on FSU exclusion because QB is out. I guess we will have to go back to "I and I-AA" as FBS next year will morph into a 12 team playoff from this years 4. Eh, I like I-AA better - easier flow and to remember quick in conversation.

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2023, 07:43 AM
Thanks

Glad to see they will be ecstatic about a future Scooters Coffee Frisco Bowl (never had Scooters but they are fast growing franchise) or the spectacular Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl (these are actual bowl names for this year). Personally, hey, I would rather travel to outposts not lined up to lure fans to sunny and maybe warm poolsides to see Missoula MT, Brookings or Vermillion SD (on the eastern side I drove from Fargo one morning the Labor Day weekend in 2011 when I flew out there to watch Lafayette at NDSU to Sisseton SD to cross off a state so need more time in SD to see George McGovern museum in Mitchell, etc - on the western did Mt Rushmore, Badlands and LOVED Franklin Hotel in Deadwood after Pard game at Air Force 2021 and did foray to Alzada MT to cross off MT - dont get me wrong loved to have spent more time in MT but didnt have. BTW Stoneville Saloon in Alzada has BEST chili). Hey I even thought I might go to UT-Martin or Chatty as I was trying to follow what ifs before selection Sunday. MAKE NO MISTAKE (you knoooow me) I would much rather go to Martin TN than do a Boca Raton bowl...

Sitting Bull
December 4th, 2023, 08:39 AM
Thanks

I’ve tried a few times there to question the decision and was told I was being disrespectful to the posters there. I stopped posting there.

Like Carib, I like UD football and admire it, just think they’ve sold out and the UD prominence I’ve know will be forever gone. To me that’s not an anti Hen position.

And the younger fans really don’t care. Their view of big time football is p4, like most others

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2023, 08:56 AM
I’ve tried a few times there to question the decision and was told I was being disrespectful to the posters there. I stopped posting there.

Like Carib, I like UD football and admire it, just think they’ve sold out and the UD prominence I’ve know will be forever gone. To me that’s not an anti Hen position.

And the younger fans really don’t care. Their view of big time football is p4, like most others

SB, totally agree with you. When are we next in Williamsburg? I want /need to male that trip!

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 09:09 AM

Several new posters have appeared claiming they are now more interested and people who lost interest in stop going long ago are showing interest again

We will see what happens

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 09:12 AM
Hey Hens...Easton not that far north!

Yea, after the playoff game you would have to think Lafayette would be a larger blip in the radar for Hens that will be in the portal

Sitting Bull
December 4th, 2023, 09:53 AM
SB, totally agree with you. When are we next in Williamsburg? I want /need to male that trip!

It was a nice series. I got to one of the games at LC and really enjoyed.

The only PL game I’ve see on future schedules is Colgate in 2028? The next two years OOC are booked, not much confirmed after that. I’m wondering if our new AD, a Dartmouth grad, will try and fill an Ivy game or two. They would be very popular in Williamsburg.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 10:21 AM
It was a nice series. I got to one of the games at LC and really enjoyed.

The only PL game I’ve see on future schedules is Colgate in 2028? The next two years OOC are booked, not much confirmed after that. I’m wondering if our new AD, a Dartmouth grad, will try and fill an Ivy game or two. They would be very popular in Williamsburg.

That would be great but good luck getting an Ivy down south

Sitting Bull
December 4th, 2023, 10:44 AM
That would be great but good luck getting an Ivy down south

We’ve had Dartmouth, Penn, Yale, Princeton and Harvard all down in the 80s/90s. Our last was a home and home with Penn about 10 years ago. It can happen. My bet would be Harvard or Princeton,

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 10:52 AM
We’ve had Dartmouth, Penn, Yale, Princeton and Harvard all down in the 80s/90s. Our last was a home and home with Penn about 10 years ago. It can happen. My bet would be Harvard or Princeton,

Would be interesting for sure

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 02:57 PM

it’s posted up

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=436812#p436812

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 04:38 PM

and what’s wrong with that

Id like to know

edit: Dusty got called a dolt on gohens for this post