PDA

View Full Version : Armanti can break K-Rich's rushing record...

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Looking at some stats today, and IF he stays healthy I believe Armanti will have no problem breaking Kevin's ASU all-time rushing record. Wouldn't it be incredible if the record that many thought wouldn't be broken here, gets done twice in 3 years. Even more incredible is that the new holder would be a QUARTERBACK. Shows you how college football has changed immensely over the years, especially due to the spread offense. Good luck AE.xthumbsupx

Armanti 1st 2 years:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/edwards.png

Richardson 1st 2 years:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/krich.png

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Agreed

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I would love to see it happen... only good things seem to happen when he takes off down field...

staying healthy for 2 more years will be a trick though... imagine the numbers he would have put up had he been healthy all year... 2k?

BULLDOG8180
December 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
If he says healthy, he will own every offensive record at ASU, with the exception of receiving. All the passing, rushing, total offense, TDs will belong to Armanti. I told you guys last year when Armanti took over for Elder, that he would make you guys forget about Richie Williams.

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
If he says healthy, he will own every offensive record at ASU, with the exception of receiving. All the passing, rushing, total offense, TDs will belong to Armanti. I told you guys last year when Armanti took over for Elder, that he would make you guys forget about Richie Williams.

WHOA! i hope nobody ever forgets about Richie Williams....he started it all!

HaveFunKc
December 12th, 2007, 05:27 PM
WHOA! i hope nobody ever forgets about Richie Williams....he started it all!

#7 will NEVER be fogotten... xbowx

AE, KR, DJ, O-Line & company have their own glory to chart now. Let's enjoy the fireworks!

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 05:57 PM

he has got a long way to go to catch up to richie's passing records... richie put together some amazing passing seasons and armanti just doesnt throw the ball that much...

T-Dog
December 12th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Right now, I say Richie means more to Appalachian that Armanti. Might change in two years, but Richie started it all, playing on a couple okay, not great teams and shining greatly.

I still say Richie's 2004 game against Furman is the greatest single player performance by an App player ever.

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 06:35 PM

He'll never be forgotten. He started the winning traditions at ASU. I know we've been 15-1 back in 1995, but I mean for championships :D.

Right now, I say Richie means more to Appalachian that Armanti. Might change in two years, but Richie started it all, playing on a couple okay, not great teams and shining greatly.

I still say Richie's 2004 game against Furman is the greatest single player performance by an App player ever.

Easily is. I don't think anyone will forget an injured Richie Williams coming into the 2nd half and bringing ASU from behind to win either xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
December 12th, 2007, 06:48 PM
You can't forget Richie but Edwards has risen the bar to another level. Edwards has a chance to go down as the best player in ASU history outside of Dexter Coakley. Anyone who saw Dexter will tell you he is the best defensive player the SoCon has seen.

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2007, 06:52 PM
What if they decide to make him more of an nfl prospect at quarterback and he starts to drop back into the pocket more?

Skjellyfetti
December 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM
What if they decide to make him more of an nfl prospect at quarterback and he starts to drop back into the pocket more?

ewwwww.

:pumpuke:

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2007, 06:57 PM
i know.. but this guy needs to be adapted into a system he can go to the pros in...
think vick

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM
i know.. but this guy needs to be adapted into a system he can go to the pros in...
think vick
I'd rather not compare Edwards to Vick in any way shape or form. Thank you. xthumbsupx I know your talking about football skill wise, but still I don't ever want to hear his name mentioned anymore.

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Okay think vince young

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Okay think vince young
MUUUUCH better!:D

Appguy
December 12th, 2007, 08:42 PM
the apps aren't going to "Change" the play calling to make him an NFL QB prospect. They're just going to call what Armanti is good at NOW and what works at THIS level

proasu89
December 12th, 2007, 08:51 PM

I've still got the ticket stub from that game. 40-45 for 408. 28 straight completions, capped off with a 13 yard TD run on the final drive to come from behind. That game still gives me chills. BUT, last week may have topped it????? Verdict is still out.

Eyes of Old Main
December 12th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Even more incredible is that the new holder would be a QUARTERBACK.

He could very well break Richardson's record. If he doesn't he'll come close because he's definitely off to a heck of a start.

Wofford's leading career rusher (Shawn Graves) played QB. He finished with 5,128 yards.

Mike G.
December 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
xrolleyesx xcoolx xsmiley_wix
I would love to see it happen... only good things seem to happen when he takes off down field...

staying healthy for 2 more years will be a trick though... imagine the numbers he would have put up had he been healthy all year... 2k?

the way he runs 2K isn't out of the question for this yearxthumbsupx ;) xrolleyesx xcoolx xthumbsupx ;)

BULLDOG8180
December 13th, 2007, 12:05 AM
he has got a long way to go to catch up to richie's passing records... richie put together some amazing passing seasons and armanti just doesnt throw the ball that much...

Yeah, a long way to go, but he is half way there.

Richie Williams Career Passing Yards 7,759 TD passes 59
Armanti Edwards 2 year totals (1 more game) 4,001 TD passes 29

Hoyadestroya85
December 13th, 2007, 01:05 AM
and when you think.. the games hes missed this year.. he's well on his way..

GaSouthern
December 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Richie the better passer
Edwards all around better.