PDA

View Full Version : www.cstv.com Keeler SERIOUSLY being considered at Michigan.

Downstate Hen
December 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'm at work can someboby post the link? Also, can they post it at Gohens.net for me? thanks

ASU98
December 12th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm at work can someboby post the link? Also, can they post it at Gohens.net for me? thanks

Sources Say Delaware's Keeler Under Heavy Consideration For Michigan Job
Keeler's Blue Hens take on Appalachian State Saturday

Dec. 12, 2007

By Brian Curtis

CSTV Editor

A new name has surfaced in Michigan's search to replace Lloyd Carr. A source confirms that University of Delaware coach KC Keeler is being heavily considered to take over in Ann Arbor.

Keeler's Blue Hens take on Appalachian State this weekend in the I-AA Championship game. Prior to Delaware, the UD alum coached at Rowan College in New Jersey. His 2003 Delaware team won the national title.

89Hen
December 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/121207aav.html

GoGuins
December 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Calm down, no he's not. The Freep has been wrong on many occasions and get these rumors first hand of the internet and message boards. I'm a member of a few Michigan premium sites and his name has not been mentioned once.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS06/71212038/1054

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2019#s=162&f=2019&t=1640764

LehighFan11
December 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Michigan needs to hire a big time name, I highly doubt they would hire someone from FCS

Blue Hen Nation
December 12th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Here's another perspective...

http://www.maizenbrew.com/story/2007/12/10/01934/153

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Well anything is possible ... lets just say he goes ...

who does UD get to replace him ...

after all message boards are for pure speculation right?

LacesOut
December 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM
WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT????

89Hen
December 12th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm a member of a few Michigan premium sites and his name has not been mentioned once.
http://www.maizenbrew.com/story/2007/12/10/01934/153

BTW, I don't think there's any way in heck they even interview him.

Funny to note (maybe not to you GoGuins xsmiley_wix ) but Michigan alum, Tubby Raymond, owned YSU and Tressel. Maybe UM can lure him out of retirement. :p

89Hen
December 12th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Well anything is possible ... lets just say he goes ...

who does UD get to replace him ...

after all message boards are for pure speculation right?
No need to waste the bandwidth on that one. xpeacex

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
All I can say is if you get hired at that place as a relative unknown at that level, you better be getting ten wins and a BCS bowl real quick like or you'll be coaching Rowan again in about three years.

griz37
December 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
There are a ton of names floating around out there but Keeler is not one I have ever heard mentioned.

AZGrizFan
December 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Michigan needs to hire a big time name, I highly doubt they would hire someone from FCS

Perhaps they're looking at Tressel's success at THE Ohio State and going hmmmmm..... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 02:18 PM
It has to be the helmets lol

henfan
December 12th, 2007, 02:30 PM
If Keeler goes to Michigan, will he take our helmets to Ann Arbor?;)

Polloloco
December 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM
If you haven't noticed, while Ole Miss, Arkansas, 'Tech, 'A&M', Washington State, and Colorado State have assembled the 'usual suspects' ( in most cases 3-5 candidates have been mentioned for these jobs) as interviewees and selected their next coach by gunshot... quickly... Michigan's list of candidates is exhaustive ( see espn's list of their candidates). Michigan seems to be in no great hurry and from what I've heard isn't willing to pay Tech' kind of money ( 2 million). Guaranteed they will talk to alot of candidates and true to the search mission will interview minority candidates as well. The process may go into January, when NFL coaches are available. Don't be so quick to think they won't at least 'talk' to Keeler- nothing to lose and everything to gain. If Keeler is holding out for the PSU job when Paterno retires, best think again, the Michigan job is at least the equal of the PSU job if not better.

GoGuins
December 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
If you haven't noticed, while Ole Miss, Arkansas, 'Tech, 'A&M', Washington State, and Colorado State have assembled the 'usual suspects' ( in most cases 3-5 candidates have been mentioned for these jobs) as interviewees and selected their next coach by gunshot... quickly... Michigan's list of candidates is exhaustive ( see espn's list of their candidates). Michigan seems to be in no great hurry and from what I've heard isn't willing to pay Tech' kind of money ( 2 million). Guaranteed they will talk to alot of candidates and true to the search mission will interview minority candidates as well. The process may go into January, when NFL coaches are available. Don't be so quick to think they won't at least 'talk' to Keeler- nothing to lose and everything to gain. If Keeler is holding out for the PSU job when Paterno retires, best think again, the Michigan job is at least the equal of the PSU job if not better.

That's what job Rutgers Schiano is holding out for.

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Who knows who they will hire. They'll probably wait till after the BCS Championship and try Miles again, even though he seems to be staying put.

dbackjon
December 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Perhaps they're looking at Tressel's success at THE Ohio State and going hmmmmm..... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Great minds think alike - it has worked wonders for tOSU - why not Me-chicken?

Polloloco
December 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I'm sure the ohio State fans will come out of the woodwok on this one- but I know for a fact that what passes for a student athlete at Ohio State does not pass at UM. UM will be slightly more difficult to recruit into compared to OSU

LacesOut
December 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
That's what job Rutgers Schiano is holding out for.

Just curious, why what that be? What kind of ties does Schiano have to PSU?

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Just curious, why what that be? What kind of ties does Schiano have to PSU?

Um, he coached under Paterno (d-back coach from '91-'95) and such.

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I think if Keeler beats ASU, he's got to jump to the top of the list! :p

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I think both sides ought to be interested in this one...

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Since Keeler cant see out of those shades anyway he will never know he left--- with the same uni's and all

BlueHenBoy
December 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I think they are waiting to see the result of the game. If he wins than they can say they have a coach who has won 2 NC's in 5 years, if he were to lose, there is no chance they hire him. Before the playoffs I would have been all for him to go, but now that he's gotten us here, I want him to stay.

GGASU
December 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Calm down, no he's not. The Freep has been wrong on many occasions and get these rumors first hand of the internet and message boards. I'm a member of a few Michigan premium sites and his name has not been mentioned once.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS06/71212038/1054

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2019#s=162&f=2019&t=1640764

Hey what happened to your ASU helmet. The season isn't over.
xnonox xnonox

brownbear
December 12th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I think if Keeler beats ASU, he's got to jump to the top of the list! :p

If he can beat ASU, unlike Michigan did, then that means he's better than Lloyd Carr, right?

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 12th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Michigan will hire Bobby Petrino. After all, Petrino will have been at Arkansas for a month or two come the end of January after Bowl season and interview time. Time for him to move on by that time, I -- and Mr. Blanc -- would surmise, .....

GoGuins
December 13th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hey what happened to your ASU helmet. The season isn't over.
xnonox xnonox

I had it until Dec 1, wasn't that long enough?:) Have to support the Purple Raiders for this Sat.

blukeys
December 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM

I don't think Keeler is holding out for the PSU job. HE says he is happy coaching at UD.
Obviously if serious interest by Michigan were to come his way he should consider it and I am sure he will. I agree the Michigan job is at the very least equal to PSU. I'm sure his former coach and Mentor would rather see him go to Michigan than PSU if the opportunity came up!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

CollegeSportsInfo
December 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
If indeed Michigan has spoken with Keeler, I think it's a great move by the school. It's nice to see such a big-time program considering a coach fromt he lower divisions.

But if I'm Michigan and considering coaches currently outside of FBS, I'd look in my own state ala Tressel at OSU (from YSU) or in basketball Bo Ryan at Wisconsin (from UW-P and UW-Mil).

The guy I'd like to see hired at Michigan is the guy who got passed over at NIU: Grand Valley State's Chuck Martin.