PDA

View Full Version : The Delaware Ticket Conundrum

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 01:14 PM
First, our Athletic Director screws the pooch by only reserving 3,000 tickets. Then, understandably App St fans buy the rest after they win their game the day before we even play ours.

But now, the hits keep coming:

A charter flight of 160 Delaware fans found out that their "reserved" tickets from the UD ticket office were sold:
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS20/71212023

The worse news, however, is that the Delaware players' family tickets may have suffered a similar fate (though still not confirmed):
http://www.gohens.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5941&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What a travesty.xsmhx Going forward, this game has got to be moved to a venue that can hold it on a year where two traditional powers play or Chattanooga needs to up the capacity.

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 01:20 PM
First, our Athletic Director screws the pooch by only reserving 3,000 tickets. Then, understandably App St fans buy the rest after they win their game the day before we even play ours.

But now, the hits keep coming:

A charter flight of 160 Delaware fans found out that their "reserved" tickets from the UD ticket office were sold:
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS20/71212023

The worse news, however, is that the Delaware players' family tickets may have suffered a similar fate (though still not confirmed):
http://www.gohens.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5941&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What a travesty.xsmhx Going forward, this game has got to be moved to a venue that can hold it on a year where two traditional powers play or Chattanooga needs to up the capacity.

I really feel for yall ... I really do

This is nothing but a big pile of dog doodoo for yall to go through ...

IMHO someone needs to lose their job over this ...

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 01:23 PM

i would bet my house that someone will.

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
they got any idea what they are going to do?

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I agree about the venue, what would happen if one year this is App/Montana. On that note, what matchup would likely produce the largest crowd?

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I agree about the venue, what would happen if one year this is App/Montana. On that note, what matchup would likely produce the largest crowd?

Quite obviously App St vs GaSou.

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM
does it note seem like this year has had a lot more drama the week leading up to the game than in the past?

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Hard to argue with that.

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
does it note seem like this year has had a lot more drama the week leading up to the game than in the past?

You guys a week, us a whole damn month.

First, we were racist for never playing DSU. Then we got iced in to N Iowa for two extra days. Then we have tapegate with UNI. Now this BS.

Oh well, at least our team is there and they've shown they can handle adversity.

Black and Gold Express
December 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Griz fans can correct me, but I believe that the long travel and costs associated with that would deter quite a few Griz fans from going?

To keep getting sellout games, they are going to have to have two teams both within about 6-10 hours drive from Chattanooga. And one of those teams will need to be a school with a large fan base. That pretty much limits it to ASU, GSU, and Delaware. Maybe JMU as well. On the east coast, those three are heads and shoulders better than the rest of I-AA, outside of Montana.

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
An APP GASO matchup!!!!!

OMG that would be nuts ... good luck to city of chattanooga after that one lol

grizband
Montana would probably not produce the largest overall attendance due to their distance from TN, relative to many other teams. When we played in 2004, many JMU were able to drive to Chattanooga that day; Montana fans, primarly, must fly from their origin. This limits the number of students, and fans overall, who are able to attend the game. I agree that while held in Chattanooga, the largest contingents of fans would likely come from an Appalachian St/Georgia Southern final.

89Hen
Quite obviously App St vs GaSou.
Yup. AppSt vs anyone really.

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Griz fans can correct me, but I believe that the long travel and costs associated with that would deter quite a few Griz fans from going?

To keep getting sellout games, they are going to have to have two teams both within about 6-10 hours drive from Chattanooga. And one of those teams will need to be a school with a large fan base. That pretty much limits it to ASU, GSU, and Delaware. Maybe JMU as well. On the east coast, those three are heads and shoulders better than the rest of I-AA, outside of Montana.

Agree. I guess all things considered the venue (size) is not that bad, for every App/UD game, you could get EWU/New Hampshire.

Blue Hen Nation
December 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM

Yes, and that someone is our AD Edgar Johnson.

Griz40
December 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM

There would be a larger Montana crowd there than you would expect. Distance for travel is something that we are used to and most would pony up the money to go see the Griz in the Championship.

Milo
December 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=93henfan;796646]

QUOTE]

Wow...If this is true somebody needs to step up and make it right. Perhaps the NCAA, but I can't imagine preparing to go see your son play in a championship game and then find out your tickets were sold.xmadx
Heads should roll...

AppStWill
December 12th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe that an App/UTC matchup would probably draw the biggest crowd...... xrolleyesx

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
As someone who has been to a couple App games at UTC in the regular season, there are no UTC fans.

AppStWill
December 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
As someone who has been to a couple App games at UTC in the regular season, there are no UTC fans.

I think they'd come out of the woodwork if they were in the championship game though.....

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:40 PM
In would certainly be the deep "woodwork"

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I think they'd come out of the woodwork if they were in the championship game though.....

xbandwagonx

there are some die hard UTC fans but the majority would be bandwagons

But it would be a packed house for sure

ASUG8
December 12th, 2007, 01:41 PM

Look at our attendance now vs. 3 yrs. ago. Somewhere around 13.5K avg. vs. 25K+ this season?

Give UTC a couple of championship runs and I bet the fans will come out of the woodwork.

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Look at our attendance now vs. 3 yrs. ago. Somewhere around 13.5K avg. vs. 25K+ this season?

Give UTC a couple of championship runs and I bet the fans will come out of the woodwork.

Maybe so. UTC is just a very different school than App. It is largely commuter in nature (i.e., UNC-Charlotte for you NC people). Doesn't generally generate a loyal and large fan base. But I would agree that the bandwagon would be full.

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Dear God not UTC please!! You know what that would mean, right?

This guy would be there mugging on the sideline:

http://dwil.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/to.jpg

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Dear God not UTC please!! You know what that would mean, right?

This guy would be there mugging on the sideline:

http://dwil.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/to.jpg

Best point so far!

McNeese72
December 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Or McNeese/App St. We've brought near 10,000 both times we went.

Doc

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I would like that as a matchup for sure. Could you guys also bring that Southland official crew we had last week? Pretty please?

LacesOut
December 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Did YSU bring alot back when they were winning all their NC's?

Don'tPlayW/Yosef
December 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Yes, we definitely need a larger venue, so all fans will have an opportunity to go. We have more people at our regular season games than they'll have at the NC game...that is just not right! Hopefully after this year the NCAA will look at how the demand is for these tickets. Thank goodness I have one!!

89Hen
December 12th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Yes, we definitely need a larger venue, so all fans will have an opportunity to go. We have more people at our regular season games than they'll have at the NC game...that is just not right! Hopefully after this year the NCAA will look at how the demand is for these tickets. Thank goodness I have one!!
Only in the rare case. If App keeps making it every year, then I'd agree.