PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Championship Game

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Grambling has a chance to cap what has been a pretty darn good season thus far. The team only had one conference loss this season which is a far cry from the bad season they had a year ago. For Grambling its history and tradition. Grambling has NEVER lost in the Championship game. And this game is dedicated to the great Eddie Robinson. This could be a historic day for GSU as they play for the Robinson trophy.

Jackson State has other plans. One of the great programs in black college football. JSU has history of there own from Walter Payton, to The great JSU teams of the 80s and 90s. The program had fell on bad times due to a bad hire by the name of Bell. Their attendance dropped from well over 30,000 fans per home game to about 14,000 fans. But Comegy is here! The team has went from out house to the big house. For JSU is a chance to restore their place as one of the dominant programs.

APP91
December 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
xwhistlex

813Jag
December 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
xwhistlex
Did this thread bother you in some way. Because if it was so unimportant and boring, why even post on this thread? xconfusedx
But I thank you for being the first person ever on AGS to voice some kind of sentiment on SWAC football. xrolleyesx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
That didn't take long.
Alway's trying to take a swipe at the SWAC.
Like I told the other a-hole on the other SWAC thread.

Not interested................Don't post.xnodx
Don't byotch about us not being in the playoff's either.
You got your game, we got our's.

Enjoy yourself.xlolx

Nobody said a word about your game Friday but as usual...............xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Did this thread bother you in some way. Because if it was so unimportant and boring, why even post on this thread? xconfusedx
But I thank you for being the first person ever on AGS to voice some kind of sentiment on SWAC football. xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
These fool's can't help it.
Then they the first one's to byotch every year about us not being in the playoff's.xlolx

These fool's were talking about the SWAC and MEAC stole a playoof spot from G. Southern.
Hell.........................The SWAC don't even participate in the playoff's unless all the star's and planet's line up so how did we steal a spot. xlolx

As of now, we will stick to NOT paying the NCAA the priviledge of playing a game. xlolx

mikebigg
December 13th, 2007, 08:49 AM
xwhistlex at the simple minded azzhole who xwhistlex about something that doesn't even concern him or his school.

unicat87
December 13th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Grambling has a chance to cap what has been a pretty darn good season thus far. The team only had one conference loss this season which is a far cry from the bad season they had a year ago. For Grambling its history and tradition. Grambling has NEVER lost in the Championship game. And this game is dedicated to the great Eddie Robinson. This could be a historic day for GSU as they play for the Robinson trophy.

Jackson State has other plans. One of the great programs in black college football. JSU has history of there own from Walter Payton, to The great JSU teams of the 80s and 90s. The program had fell on bad times due to a bad hire by the name of Bell. Their attendance dropped from well over 30,000 fans per home game to about 14,000 fans. But Comegy is here! The team has went from out house to the big house. For JSU is a chance to restore their place as one of the dominant programs.

This should be a terrific game! :) -unicat87

bamamountaineer1013
December 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Any body covering this game for TV??

HIU 93
December 13th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Any body covering this game for TV??

It's on one of the ESPNs.

MACHIAVELLI
December 13th, 2007, 09:14 AM
ESPN Classic

grizband
December 13th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Can someone provide analysis of how these teams compare, and who should win the game? I usually try to watch an HBCU game every year, but my tv options have been limited this year; I enjoy watching football around the country, and FCS.

Also, the game is on ESPN Classic...what are the time and date of the game? Thanks is advance for the information.

HIU 93
December 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Can someone provide analysis of how these teams compare, and who should win the game? I usually try to watch an HBCU game every year, but my tv options have been limited this year; I enjoy watching football around the country, and FCS.

Also, the game is on ESPN Classic...what are the time and date of the game? Thanks is advance for the information.

It comes on Sat. 12/15. Not sure about time.

Grambling is favored. Grambling won their earlier contest 30-20. Granbling's offense, when firing, is lights out. Their defense needs improvement.

I think Grambling will win by one TD.

grizband
December 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
It comes on Sat. 12/15. Not sure about time.

Grambling is favored. Grambling won their earlier contest 30-20. Granbling's offense, when firing, is lights out. Their defense needs improvement.

I think Grambling will win by one TD.
Thanks for the information. Sounds like it should be a great game.

813Jag
December 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I wonder what effect the long layoff will have on both teams. One good this is that both should be healthy.

bamamountaineer1013
December 13th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Well I just found out that the game will be in B'Ham, I am fairly new to the area, are they playing at Legion Field?

jstate83
December 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Well I just found out that the game will be in B'Ham, I am fairly new to the area, are they playing at Legion Field?

Yes.
B-Ham is where the SWAC Offices are located.

All Championship's, except baseball, are played in B-Ham.xthumbsupx

JSU Football................The Return. (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071213/SPORTS030101/712130371/1287/SPORTS&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL)

Tired of hearing about the fall of a once mighty program, the Jackson State football players vowed to make history this season.

The Tigers are on the verge of making good on their promise, less than 72 hours from the school's first Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game since 1999. A victory would be the first title since 1996.

"We've been the topic of conversation for the last four years, but as Jacksonians we tried to cut those conversations short," said Eddie Payton, a former JSU football player and the school's longtime golf coach. "It feels good to be able to talk positively and with your chest out about the football program."

The turnaround from a period that included eight combined wins in three years began with the hiring of coach Rick Comegy and continued with the restructuring of the roster. The changes resulted in a one-year reversal from a 2-9 record in 2005 to 6-5 in 2006.

SU Jag
December 13th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Hope to see you therexthumbsupx