PDA

View Full Version : Respect from Coach Moore for UD

Rekdiver
December 12th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Article in the Charlotte Observer this am speaks about the football program at UD, its successes and what he's seen on film. "We've never faced anyone lile Flacco" he says. He knows he's got his hands full and that UD is on a roll.
For all the banter on this site about ASU team speed and the spread, remember that no one gave us a chance to beat Michigan and to assume that UD won't show up or has conceeded the game is folly.
The irony in this game doesn't escape me. UD has nothing to lose and ASU's season, to be successful to many, must win. UD has earned the right to be here and they have the same excitment we had two years ago.
UD has my respect and I believe the respect of the vast majority of ASU fans. What UD doesn't have is 27,000 rabid noisey fans and I think that makes the difference. See all of you in Chattanooga!xxmasx

henfan
December 12th, 2007, 08:20 AM
What UD doesn't have is 27,000 rabid noisey fans and I think that makes the difference. See all of you in Chattanooga!xxmasx

FWIW, UD does have 22K rabid, noisy fans, the majority of whom, like App's 27K, won't be in Chattanooga.

Both UD & ASU understand that fans don't win FB games, even for teams who play in deafening domed stadiums or 110K-seat monsters. xsmiley_wix

dungeonjoe
December 12th, 2007, 08:24 AM
FWIW, UD does have 22K rabid, noisy fans, the majority of whom, like App's 27K, won't be in Chattanooga.

Both UD & ASU understand that fans don't win FB games, even for teams who play in deafening domed stadiums or 110K-seat monsters. xsmiley_wix

I have some griz friends who would take exception to that. I think Wash/Griz is comparable to your 110k stadium, and that fans can make a difference in critical games. If, however, a team is disciplined and executes their gameplan well, your point is well taken.

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 08:27 AM
What UD doesn't have is 27,000 rabid noisey fans and I think that makes the difference.

Delaware has no problems with fan support. After all, we're the only school in FCS to average over 20,000 per home game for the past nine seasons.

Unfortunately, we do have an AD that for some reason only requested 3,000 tickets to Chattanooga. Judging by the outcry here in Delaware, he will not be employed a whole lot longer.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I have some griz friends who would take exception to that. I think Wash/Griz is comparable to your 110k stadium, and that fans can make a difference in critical games. If, however, a team is disciplined and executes their gameplan well, your point is well taken.

wa griz didnt seem to affect you all 3 weeks ago!

HaveFunKc
December 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Delaware has no problems with fan support. After all, we're the only school in FCS to average over 20,000 per home game for the past nine seasons.

Unfortunately, we do have an AD that for some reason only requested 3,000 tickets to Chattanooga. Judging by the outcry here in Delaware, he will not be employed a whole lot longer.

UD fans deserved a lot better than this... Talk about missing the boat on this one - WOW!!!

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

unicat87
December 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
UD has earned my respect! One less fumble at the UD 15 by UNI and that would have been a completely different game in the UNI-Dome. Both UD and UNH made incredibly fine adjustments during the games to cope with the noise. Good luck and best wishes to both teams, play well, have as few injuries as possible, enjoy the ride, and get home safely again (fans too). This year we have been fortunate indeed to have an incredible play-offs. Friday night's finale should be no different. -unicat87

Appaholic
December 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
UD scares me......bruising runner in Cuff and a cool customer directing the offense in Flacco....who also happens to be 6'6, 230 with a cannon arm. His arm strength allows him to zing the ball into tight openings to negate great coverage. Also, he is hard to bring down and doesn't get rattled......see last two weeks against seeded opponents on the road starting from 10 pts behind......App will have to bring their "A"-game and some of our players will have to rise to he occassion and play their best game yet.....these stripped helmets are tougher than the first ones we faced......xeyebrowx