PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Playoffs Round 1: Lafayette @ Delaware

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2023, 12:24 PM
Games kicks off on Saturday 11/25 at 2PM ET and will be streaming on ESPN+. Winner goes to #2 Montana.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53345025644_c99ce98991_b.jpg

65 Pard
November 19th, 2023, 12:31 PM
Committee opinion of these two teams apparently pretty low.....feeding winner to Montana

gravalico
November 19th, 2023, 12:36 PM
Committee opinion of these two teams apparently pretty low.....feeding winner to MontanaAs the title of this forum suggests... Any Given Saturday...

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

CHIP72
November 19th, 2023, 01:02 PM
Part of me is happy to see Lafayette play a nearby opponent, if they had to play on the road, but part of me isn't thrilled about this either, and not for matchup purposes. Though Delaware is a fairly short trip for me (probably 1 1/2 hours), I probably won't be able to attend this game due to other commitments. (The girlfriend plans to take me out for a birthday dinner that day, partly because of conflicts we both have the following week when it IS my birthday, and I don't think she'll take kindly to me trying to change our plans that day.)

Hopefully some other Lafayette fans will be able to represent at Delaware Stadium that day. I'm sure PardsRule will be there. And assuming he is, he probably won't have to create a makeshift poncho that fails in its job. xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 19th, 2023, 01:24 PM
I believe Lafayette vs. Delaware was the first ever game at Delaware Stadium.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 01:53 PM
Lafayette poses a real challenge to the Hens and I would say that even if Delaware was healthy, but right now Lafayette should be favored.

Delaware might have to go with true Freshman QB and we won’t know until game time

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 02:06 PM
I believe Lafayette vs. Delaware was the first ever game at Delaware Stadium.

....BUT YA.....FO'GOT...TA MENTION.......DUH....... 13-12 SCORE.............DOODLE-DOO!

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2023, 02:43 PM
A wounded Delaware is a decent matchup for the Pards. Payback for our near miss back in 2004 (19 years ago, man time flies). A matchup vs. Delaware was also Frank’s 1st playoff game and Trox was on his staff at the time.

HensRock
November 19th, 2023, 03:32 PM
I think the Pards have a very good chance of coming out of Newark with a 'W' this year.

Utgrizfan
November 19th, 2023, 03:52 PM
How bad are the injuries Delaware is dealing with? I've heard their QB may be out but any others?

KPSUL
November 19th, 2023, 04:03 PM
How bad are the injuries Delaware is dealing with? I've heard their QB may be out but any others?

A lot of bruised egos and sore butts among the Blue Hen faithful here on AGS. (although they really aren't very faithful)

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 04:10 PM
A lot of bruised egos and sore butts among the Blue Hen faithful here on AGS. (although they really aren't very faithful)

Take a nap grumpy 😡

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 04:16 PM

you might not be getting your long awaited re-match

Delaware lost 2 QBs yesterday, one is definitely out. The other is unknown
true Freshman played 2.5 quarters yesterday

Sitting Bull
November 19th, 2023, 04:16 PM
A wounded Delaware is a decent matchup for the Pards. Payback for our near miss back in 2004 (19 years ago, man time flies). A matchup vs. Delaware was also Frank’s 1st playoff game and Trox was on his staff at the time.

Wasn’t that a 28-14 win for UD? How is that a “near miss”.

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Wasn’t that a 28-14 win for UD? How is that a “near miss”.

Fine, perhaps not a near miss. Pards had the lead in the 2nd half for a time, but yes the Hens were better. We don’t have much playoff experiences to reference here!

Sitting Bull
November 19th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Fine, perhaps not a near miss. Pards had the lead in the 2nd half for a time, but yes the Hens were better. We don’t have much playoff experiences to reference here!

I’m not knocking it - it’s competitive - but near miss describes to me something flukish or close.

Would love to see this as a competitive game.

ncspiderfan
November 19th, 2023, 05:45 PM
Lafayette poses a real challenge to the Hens and I would say that even if Delaware was healthy, but right now Lafayette should be favored.

Delaware might have to go with true Freshman QB and we won’t know until game time

That true freshman will have had reps in practice this time. I suspect he hit the field last week for the first time having run the practice squad all last week. Spiders were one point at Stony Brook from not playing this Saturday due to the same thing that happened to Hens when they played them. Then laid the egg at Hampton before their true freshman QB showed why they recruited him and drug them along until the starter returned.

Hope it works out, will be pulling for each conference mate until Spiders might meet them.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2023, 06:00 PM

Pards were positioned to tie the game late in the 4th... we were driving, then IIRC, Maurer was blitzed and threw it right to a LB (Omar??) who took it back for 6. Ball game. It was a good game... I was there but cannot recall details, argh!

Pards Rule... BREAK OUT THE TRASH BAGS!!

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Pards were positioned to tie the game late in the 4th... we were driving, then IIRC, Maurer was blitzed and threw it right to a LB (Omar??) who took it back for 6. Ball game. It was a good game... I was there but cannot recall details, argh!

I don’t remember but believe you. I recall the game was in doubt quite late, but not the details.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2023, 07:05 PM
Part of me is happy to see Lafayette play a nearby opponent, if they had to play on the road, but part of me isn't thrilled about this either, and not for matchup purposes. Though Delaware is a fairly short trip for me (probably 1 1/2 hours), I probably won't be able to attend this game due to other commitments. (The girlfriend plans to take me out for a birthday dinner that day, partly because of conflicts we both have the following week when it IS my birthday, and I don't think she'll take kindly to me trying to change our plans that day.)

Hopefully some other Lafayette fans will be able to represent at Delaware Stadium that day. I'm sure PardsRule will be there. And assuming he is, he probably won't have to create a makeshift poncho that fails in its job. xlolx

Of course I will be there - poncho from trash bag or not!

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 07:11 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/243320048

Garron Bible returned a fumble 87 yards for a touchdown late in

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2023, 08:02 PM
Ah... that is a sad write-up. I forgot we were winning that game. Though now I recall... Maurer got blown up and fumbled. A better write-up: https://goleopards.com/news/2004/11/27/Lafayette_Falls_to_Defending_National_Champ_Delawa re_28_14.aspx

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2023, 08:32 PM
Ah... that is a sad write-up. I forgot we were winning that game. Though now I recall... Maurer got blown up and fumbled. A better write-up: https://goleopards.com/news/2004/11/27/Lafayette_Falls_to_Defending_National_Champ_Delawa re_28_14.aspx

Ouch, more painful than I remember!

ngineer
November 19th, 2023, 08:49 PM
I think Lafayette is quite capable of pulling a minor upset at Henville. Multifaceted offense capable of keeping the ball way from the opponent with sustained drives, but also have the ability to strike quick. Winner getting sent to Montana is par for the course. Reminiscent of our 2010 team going down to Towson and pulling off the upset and getting sent to NDSU. I'm picking the 'pards, 26-23.

Go...gate
November 20th, 2023, 01:23 AM
Picking Lafayette in a close game. Did not realize that Delaware was banged up.

NY Crusader 2010
November 20th, 2023, 06:06 AM
Rooting for Lafayette but I see this as a somewhat close Hen win even with the injuries. Winning with a backup QB isn't impossible -- ask Holy Cross. I think Delaware rebounds from another miserable outing against Villanova. I've been watching a lot of Lafayette the past 3 weeks and haven't been that impressed. Lehigh mostly beat themselves in that 2nd half on Saturday.

That being said, I never said congrats to the Pard fans on here for a well deserved championship and playoff bid. Great season! While you guys provided some late season drama in the conference race, at the end of the day, you got it done.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 06:17 AM

Dude, Im gonna trash bag your recollection of the end of this game. We were deep in Hen turf and moving ball well TO TIE GAME when Maurer took shotgun, rolled to his right and was promptly sandwiched by two Hens (I think one was Mondo who I hated that fan response when his name was called on a tackle!) and the ball literally popped straight up and the dude returned it for TD at exactly 2:00 mark. Elvis, my friend, taped the game remotely as he was at game with me and sent it to me later on DVD. Elvis will be in the house Saturday!! What I dont recall is what yard line was the ball spotted on the interception TD (or was it ruled fumble - never came close to ground) late? It says 87 yard but I think being in backfield - we werent on 10 were we?

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 06:22 AM
Rooting for Lafayette but I see this as a somewhat close Hen win even with the injuries. Winning with a backup QB isn't impossible -- ask Holy Cross. I think Delaware rebounds from another miserable outing against Villanova. I've been watching a lot of Lafayette the past 3 weeks and haven't been that impressed. Lehigh mostly beat themselves in that 2nd half on Saturday.

That being said, I never said congrats to the Pard fans on here for a well deserved championship and playoff bid. Great season! While you guys provided some late season drama in the conference race, at the end of the day, you got it done.

Thank you sir! I expect a tough game in Henville..

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 06:31 AM
That true freshman will have had reps in practice this time. I suspect he hit the field last week for the first time having run the practice squad all last week. Spiders were one point at Stony Brook from not playing this Saturday due to the same thing that happened to Hens when they played them. Then laid the egg at Hampton before their true freshman QB showed why they recruited him and drug them along until the starter returned.

Hope it works out, will be pulling for each conference mate until Spiders might meet them.

The Freshman played mop up duty vs Hampton and Towson, and 2 plus quarters vs Villanova. He has some skills and will be practicing as if he’s the starter this week.

Nicholas Minicucci (http://www.gohens.net/player_detail.php?pid=3010)
Fr. (0)
QB
Ramsey, NJ/Don Bosco Prep
6-2 210

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2023, 07:05 AM
LOST UH STARTIN' OL.....TOO!.......6'3" 331 LBS......BRADLY ANYANWU...........AWK!

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2023, 08:30 AM
The Freshman played mop up duty vs Hampton and Towson, and 2 plus quarters vs Villanova. He has some skills and will be practicing as if he’s the starter this week.

Fr. (0)
QB
6-2 210

Hey, the Giants won yesterday with Tommy “Don’t Call Me Danny” DeVito behind center, so anything is possible.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 09:56 AM

Fr. (0)
QB
6-2 210

C Hen - I dont count any QB of the Hens being subpar! BTW I think there is a chance our QB Dean DeNobile and this guy might have been on opposite sidelines as Dean played for Morris Catholic HS. Don Bosco Prep is a very good school!!

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2023, 10:52 AM
Matchup breakdown added to the first post of the thread.

dbackjon
November 20th, 2023, 11:07 AM
The Blue Hens get a trip to Missoula

fencer24
November 20th, 2023, 11:14 AM
Can someone post a link to the two team's fan boards? I just like to lurk to learn what they are saying about their teams.

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2023, 11:19 AM
Can someone post a link to the two team's fan boards? I just like to lurk to learn what they are saying about their teams.

Here’s the Lafayette one.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/pardsville/

Word of caution, you have to register to view and it’s not very active (long story). Most of our chatter is here on AGS.

fencer24
November 20th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Games kicks off on Saturday 11/25 at 2PM ET and will be streaming on ESPN+. Winner goes to #2 Montana.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53345025644_c99ce98991_b.jpg

I haven't watched either of these teams this year, but looking at the stats, Delaware seems to be pass heavy and Lafayette seems run heavy. I understand that the Hens have lost QBs to injury which would hurt their game more.

fencer24
November 20th, 2023, 11:21 AM
Here’s the Lafayette one.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/pardsville/

Word of caution, you have to register to view and it’s not very active (long story). Most of our chatter is here on AGS.

Thanks

crusader11
November 20th, 2023, 11:25 AM
This is going to be an awesome game. Lafayette's OL and RB (Jamar Curtis) can really play. Very curious to see what the line is for this.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2023, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking that this thread has the potential to surpass the legendary Lafayette at New Hampshire Thread from 2013!

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2023, 11:37 AM

HEY CARTY.........DON'T RUN DUH QB!............BRAWK!

IslandPard
November 20th, 2023, 11:42 AM
While I'd love to see our Pards go to Missoula, let's be realistic. This is not the senior laden team that almost pulled off the victory the last time they played. Lafayette is starting either true freshman or sophomores at every position except for maybe 5 or 6. Not exact, but pretty close. Delaware redshirts, has post-grad and prep school transfers. So there will be 23-24 year-olds playing against 18-19 year olds.

I'm not being a negative nelly. We do have a punchers chance and we did beat MU and SU who have the same advantages as DU. I'm hopeful, just not optimistic of our chances.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 12:13 PM
I'm thinking that this thread has the potential to surpass the legendary Lafayette at New Hampshire Thread from 2013!

Lets get it there friend! This is a much much better team. I didnt want us to continue to playoffs in 2013 as I knew result..

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 12:14 PM
While I'd love to see our Pards go to Missoula, let's be realistic. This is not the senior laden team that almost pulled off the victory the last time they played. Lafayette is starting either true freshman or sophomores at every position except for maybe 5 or 6. Not exact, but pretty close. Delaware redshirts, has post-grad and prep school transfers. So there will be 23-24 year-olds playing against 18-19 year olds.

I'm not being a negative nelly. We do have a punchers chance and we did beat MU and SU who have the same advantages as DU. I'm hopeful, just not optimistic of our chances.

Good brake pump...Im hoping for a hard fought one. I assume you are not coming from the end of LI. I will be coming from LBI - only 2 hours.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 12:17 PM

HEY CARTY.........DON'T RUN DUH QB!............BRAWK!
Hey Bird - was it you or Superman that let me park in front of their house near stadium I think it was back in mid 2010s? Would be appreciated again! Oh no the Charcoal Pit closed right? UGH - that was where we had dinner after the stellar 2004 performance. I do recall a sports columnist in News-Journal that morning predicted a 62-10 or something shellacking. As we were walking in to stadium, Hens fans were like see you at half!

gravalico
November 20th, 2023, 12:20 PM
This is going to be an awesome game. Lafayette's OL and RB (Jamar Curtis) can really play. Very curious to see what the line is for this.While I agree with your assessment, the story for Lafayette on offense has been complimentary football. Our run game is our anchor and Curtis and the line have been awesome. But we've absolutely used the run to set up the pass (and vice versa) . While the passing game is less than spectacular it has been consistent with spectacular flashes. My concern is is looks as though DE has the ability to harness the run game and make us one dimemsinal. If that happens it's going to be a long day. What I love is this coaching staff is aggressive and can be creative when need be. More than that, this team fights. They will toe the line with confidence and they won't fold. Whether it was HC or Duke or even Temple last year...we scrapped and hung in there. If we can keep it close we have a chance.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 12:28 PM
While I agree with your assessment, the story for Lafayette on offense has been complimentary football. Our run game is our anchor and Curtis and the line have been awesome. But we've absolutely used the run to set up the pass (and vice versa) . While the passing game is less than spectacular it has been consistent with spectacular flashes. My concern is is looks as though DE has the ability to harness the run game and make us one dimemsinal. If that happens it's going to be a long day. What I love is this coaching staff is aggressive and can be creative when need be. More than that, this team fights. They will toe the line with confidence and they won't fold. Whether it was HC or Duke or even Temple last year...we scrapped and hung in there. If we can keep it close we have a chance.

True analysis. We need that O line to hold stoutly! Just like Chamberlin's troops of 20th Maine did at Little Round Top!

CHIP72
November 20th, 2023, 12:42 PM
I didn’t realize it until yesterday, but what happened to the Delaware poster “Superman7515” who had the Andre the Giant avatar? It appears he hasn’t been on here for at least a couple years.

I also wonder what happened to Lafayette poster “carney”, who has also been MIA for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 12:53 PM

that would be great, but so many Delaware fans just aren’t on here anymore

IslandPard
November 20th, 2023, 01:29 PM
Good brake pump...Im hoping for a hard fought one. I assume you are not coming from the end of LI. I will be coming from LBI - only 2 hours.

Definitely not. I'll be in Westchester which is a little closer but will be happy enjoying the game from my warm coach with a cold beer or 6. I actually made a hotel reservation in Easton just in case we got the bid. Oh well. There's always next year!

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2023, 01:41 PM
Hey Bird - was it you or Superman that let me park in front of their house near stadium I think it was back in mid 2010s? Would be appreciated again! Oh no the Charcoal Pit closed right? UGH - that was where we had dinner after the stellar 2004 performance. I do recall a sports columnist in News-Journal that morning predicted a 62-10 or something shellacking. As we were walking in to stadium, Hens fans were like see you at half!

NOT GUILTY & DON'T KNOW........BRAWK!

IslandPard
November 20th, 2023, 02:03 PM
While I agree with your assessment, the story for Lafayette on offense has been complimentary football. Our run game is our anchor and Curtis and the line have been awesome. But we've absolutely used the run to set up the pass (and vice versa) . While the passing game is less than spectacular it has been consistent with spectacular flashes. My concern is is looks as though DE has the ability to harness the run game and make us one dimemsinal. If that happens it's going to be a long day. What I love is this coaching staff is aggressive and can be creative when need be. More than that, this team fights. They will toe the line with confidence and they won't fold. Whether it was HC or Duke or even Temple last year...we scrapped and hung in there. If we can keep it close we have a chance.

Yessir! The boys will fight and come to play!

wapiti
November 20th, 2023, 02:04 PM
Prediction:

Laughayette 17 Delaware 32

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 02:25 PM
Sluka in the portal

what FBS destination will he be headed ?

Karl Havoc
November 20th, 2023, 03:12 PM
Delaware is favored by 7.5.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 03:34 PM
Delaware is favored by 7.5.
Thank you..GO LEOPARDS

crusader11
November 20th, 2023, 03:43 PM
Sluka in the portal

what FBS destination will he be headed ?

Syracuse with Chesney in a package deal?

gravalico
November 20th, 2023, 03:49 PM
I didn’t realize it until yesterday, but what happened to the Delaware poster “Superman7515” who had the Andre the Giant avatar? It appears he hasn’t been on here for at least a couple years.

I also wonder what happened to Lafayette poster “carney”, who has also been MIA for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe have no confirmation on this but we fear Carney may be swapping Leopard stories with Bill Russo and George "The Rose" Barclay at the great tailgate in the sky. If this team didn't bring him out of the shadows it seems like it is the only plausible explanation.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 05:33 PM
We have no confirmation on this but we fear Carney may be swapping Leopard stories with Bill Russo and George "The Rose" Barclay at the great tailgate in the sky. If this team didn't bring him out of the shadows it seems like it is the only plausible explanation.

My friend I fear you are correct. I met up with him to get a ticket to 2008 game at CHT as it was problematic to get tickets to that game.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2023, 06:45 PM
Syracuse with Chesney in a package deal?

Pretty low down move on Chesney's part if it's true. Sluka has 2 years of eligibility left doesn't he?

Maybe Boston College? They auditioned for the jobs when the both went to Chestnut Hill earlier year.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2023, 08:42 PM
We have no confirmation on this but we fear Carney may be swapping Leopard stories with Bill Russo and George "The Rose" Barclay at the great tailgate in the sky. If this team didn't bring him out of the shadows it seems like it is the only plausible explanation.

I have not seen any news confirming this. He disappeared when our Board was closed.

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2023, 08:45 PM

I'm just giddy with anticipation when you put it that way!

So let me help the cause with a post.

UAalum72
November 20th, 2023, 09:06 PM
https://www.gohens.net/boards/viewforum.php?f=8

crusader11
November 20th, 2023, 09:14 PM
Pretty low down move on Chesney's part if it's true. Sluka has 2 years of eligibility left doesn't he?

Maybe Boston College? They auditioned for the jobs when the both went to Chestnut Hill earlier year.

One year.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 09:33 PM

Delaware board is mostly let’s get the heck out of the CAA and up to FBS talk

Go...gate
November 21st, 2023, 02:25 AM
I'm just giddy with anticipation when you put it that way!

So let me help the cause with a post.

Count me in as well!

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2023, 06:05 AM

Chip, I asked Mr Chick-Fil-A on here if it was he or Superman who msg me and said I could park in front of their house in Newark for an in season game. Mr Chicken says it wasnt him, so must have been Superman. Where is he? Also P4L, Carney knew this board well, even if he couldnt migrate to the Tapatalk one, he would come back here? I mean 9-2 best season since same record in Russo's first season in 1981, arguably this team is better as 1981 had some D3 leftovers (then CCSU, CW Post, Gettysburg and yes, the Merchant Marine Academy aka Kings Point) before the schedule had been toughened for 1982 (Army, Rhode Island - both losses but close 20-10 to URI after being up 10-0 mid 3rd I read and 26-20 to Cadets)

CHIP72
November 21st, 2023, 07:57 AM
Chip, I asked Mr Chick-Fil-A on here if it was he or Superman who msg me and said I could park in front of their house in Newark for an in season game. Mr Chicken says it wasnt him, so must have been Superman. Where is he? Also P4L, Carney knew this board well, even if he couldnt migrate to the Tapatalk one, he would come back here? I mean 9-2 best season since same record in Russo's first season in 1981, arguably this team is better as 1981 had some D3 leftovers (then CCSU, CW Post, Gettysburg and yes, the Merchant Marine Academy aka Kings Point) before the schedule had been toughened for 1982 (Army, Rhode Island - both losses but close 20-10 to URI after being up 10-0 mid 3rd I read and 26-20 to Cadets)

It was Superman who provided parking information to me for the Leopards’ game in Newark in 2018. (I parked in the same area for a Penn/Delaware game I attended in 2019. I didn’t have a problem either time.)

If you do a search on my username and “Delaware”, you should be able to find his/her exact post.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2023, 09:26 AM
Laughette > than roasted chicken with rosemary..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231121/e48d7612d30b8e51b7d40d089c49aed8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

ysubigred
November 21st, 2023, 09:29 AM
Delaware board is mostly let’s get the heck out of the CAA and up to FBS talkYou need to be so great..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231121/8ab84021a9d78c032fee93b1c13ed559.jpg

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2023, 09:43 AM
Laughette > than roasted chicken with rosemary..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231121/e48d7612d30b8e51b7d40d089c49aed8.jpg

WE COOD USE [email protected]!

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2023, 09:46 AM
You need to be so great..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231121/8ab84021a9d78c032fee93b1c13ed559.jpg

AHHH!......GOIN' OVERAH...DUH PENGUIN PLAYBOOK........BRAWK!

ysubigred
November 21st, 2023, 10:00 AM
AHHH!......GOIN' OVERAH...DUH PENGUIN PLAYBOOK........BRAWK!Boyee... I say boyeee... Dems.. loookin.. likens chickens.. BRAWK!!

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2023, 10:05 AM
Boyee... I say boyeee... Dems.. loookin.. likens chickens.. BRAWK!!

YER JES'....UH CHICKEN...INNA CHEAP....TUXEDO.....AWK!

ps......NEVERAH THOUGHT....AH'D.....REPEAT 2nd GRADE.....DOODLE-DOO!

ElCid
November 21st, 2023, 10:40 AM
Delaware really doesn't have any great wins. They lost both games they played against their two best opponents. There best win is probably NH. Lafayette's wins are just as good. I think this will be closer than a lot of people think, and Massey predicts.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2023, 10:44 AM
YER JES'....UH CHICKEN...INNA CHEAP....TUXEDO.....AWK!

ps......NEVERAH THOUGHT....AH'D.....REPEAT 2nd GRADE.....DOODLE-DOO!BOYEEE... I SAY BOYEEEE... THATA.. BLUU.. HEN.. ISA.. GIRLY.. BIRD DAT.. LAYS DER EGGS..WITHAH SHORT PECKER... AWK,,DOODLE-DOO https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231121/888a9ed75084bcd816bb5e2c6dc0a6d4.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2023, 11:10 AM
Delaware really doesn't have any great wins. They lost both games they played against their two best opponents. Their best win is probably NH. Lafayette's wins are just as good. I think this will be closer than a lot of people think, and Massey predicts.

I think your right and already said Lafayette should be favored

Grizzlies82
November 21st, 2023, 05:28 PM
Wish both teams well. I'll be tuning into ESPN+ to scope it out.

I'm hoping the winner's fans take the flight to Missoula for the next step. We are very hospitable in Montana.

Don't expect any quarter for your football team. Yet you visiting east coast fans will be treated golden.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2023, 06:57 PM

I'm hoping the winner's fans take the flight to Missoula for the next step. We are very hospitable in Montana.

Don't expect any quarter for your football team. Yet you visiting east coast fans will be treated golden.This^^ griz fans are great. Even after the opposing team wins..

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2023, 10:49 PM
Caribbean Hen on gohens

Just in case anyone didn’t know, Lafayette beat Holy Cross this year 38-35 and it wasn’t really that close. They jumped on HC early and never let them back in the game.

Lafayette is no St Francis and I think they will be able to run the football on us

Reply from a Hen fan

Lafayette is not a good football team. They just aren't. I watched what I could stomach of their game with Lehigh. That is some low-quality football in the Patriot League these days. The team that hung with Holy Cross also lost to a very modest Colgate team and barely hung on to beat Sacred Heart.

This one shouldn't be close, if the guys in blue & yellow have any pride at all. I expect a complete turnaround over last week's debacle.

who’s telling the truth ?

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2023, 01:32 AM
Caribbean Hen on gohens

Just in case anyone didn’t know, Lafayette beat Holy Cross this year 38-35 and it wasn’t really that close. They jumped on HC early and never let them back in the game.

Lafayette is no St Francis and I think they will be able to run the football on us

Reply from a Hen fan

Lafayette is not a good football team. They just aren't. I watched what I could stomach of their game with Lehigh. That is some low-quality football in the Patriot League these days. The team that hung with Holy Cross also lost to a very modest Colgate team and barely hung on to beat Sacred Heart.

This one shouldn't be close, if the guys in blue & yellow have any pride at all. I expect a complete turnaround over last week's debacle.

who’s telling the truth ?

Sounds like A Hen Fan is sufficiently full of it as to have brown eyes.

I never fail to be amazed at the disdain for the Patriot League.

gravalico
November 22nd, 2023, 06:34 AM
Caribbean Hen on gohens

Reply from a Hen fan

who’s telling the truth ? I'm telling you... Lafayette plays every opponent tough regardless of who they are. This is a keystone to the culture change Coach Troxell has instilled in the program. It started last year despite the 4 win season. We hung with Temple until late in the game. We took a ranked (#6 at the time) Holy Cross team to the wire and could have won the game but for a blocked punt (atrocious special teams last year). At Duke this year there were 3 agregious drive-killing calls so bad that even the ACC broadcast team called out the refs. It was clear home cooking was in effect to make sure the game wasn't remotely close to preserve the national ranking. To be clear Duke would have won that game regardless but the score does not reflect the play on the field. Their coach was highly complimentary of the Leopards afterwards. And as Caribbean Hen mentions. We dominated HC though the score doesn't reflect it. The game was never in doubt.

I will say this though...I understand those who watch a game and are underwhelmed. We're not high flying or consistently spectacular. We don't make it look easy. Our Walter Payton Award finalist running back makes his living off of disappearing into a nine person pile up, popping out the other side and running for an additional 30 yards. We grind it out and inject the occasional dose of spectacular. We either get up on a team and stay up on them or we hang around and pull it off in the end. Either way it hasn't worked only twice this year. A W is a W.

Here's the thing though...most of the players are underclassmen. A team of youngsters ended the HC dynasty. John, himself said he didn't expect this this year. He was only hoping for a winning season this year. He thought perhaps they might contend next year. In truth nobody really expected this. The Leopards are playing with house money. Anything can happen. Win or lose I suspect Delaware fans and players will have a new respect for Lafayette and maybe even the PL come Sunday. And get used to us because we're not going away. We will see you next year and the year after that. Go Pards!

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2023, 07:44 AM
https://www.gohens.net/boards/viewforum.php?f=8

We actually have Griz fans checking out our board as most never heard of this Lafayette..

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2023, 07:54 AM

Don't expect any quarter for your football team. Yet you visiting east coast fans will be treated golden.

I would be coming 82..I have only been to Alzada in very SE corner, a cheap shot drive from Deadwood one morning of an hour each way to cross MT off my 50 state list. I want to see MORE OF MONTANA (I think I will send that to Gov. Gianforte as a new slogan?). What is the link please to your board? BTW little Lafayette (as we call ourselves) made national news over the weekend (not by beating the Hawks) but being selected as the ONLY venue to host a VP debate in 2024! Will be held on campus..Damn where will they have it - whats biggest auditorium on campus? BRAWK!

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2023, 08:00 AM
I'm telling you... Lafayette plays every opponent tough regardless of who they are. This is a keystone to the culture change Coach Troxell has instilled in the program. It started last year despite the 4 win season. We hung with Temple until late in the game. We took a ranked (#6 at the time) Holy Cross team to the wire and could have won the game but for a blocked punt (atrocious special teams last year). At Duke this year there were 3 agregious drive-killing calls so bad that even the ACC broadcast team called out the refs. It was clear home cooking was in effect to make sure the game wasn't remotely close to preserve the national ranking. To be clear Duke would have won that game regardless but the score does not reflect the play on the field. Their coach was highly complimentary of the Leopards afterwards. And as Caribbean Hen mentions. We dominated HC though the score doesn't reflect it. The game was never in doubt.

I will say this though...I understand those who watch a game and are underwhelmed. We're not high flying or consistently spectacular. We don't make it look easy. Our Walter Payton Award finalist running back makes his living off of disappearing into a nine person pile up, popping out the other side and running for an additional 30 yards. We grind it out and inject the occasional dose of spectacular. We either get up on a team and stay up on them or we hang around and pull it off in the end. Either way it hasn't worked only twice this year. A W is a W.

Here's the thing though...most of the players are underclassmen. A team of youngsters ended the HC dynasty. John, himself said he didn't expect this this year. He was only hoping for a winning season this year. He thought perhaps they might contend next year. In truth nobody really expected this. The Leopards are playing with house money. Anything can happen. Win or lose I suspect Delaware fans and players will have a new respect for Lafayette and maybe even the PL come Sunday. And get used to us because we're not going away. We will see you next year and the year after that. Go Pards!

A+++++ Grav, John should have you give a pep speech before game. So correct on Duke. I was fricking furious on those 3 calls. Duke fans near us agreed...Security guard said sorry but thats ACC home cooking. John will have the team focused..

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2023, 09:01 AM

HERE YE GO SPOTS......FROM DUH DESK.....UH NEWS JOURNAL.....NO LINK (PAYWALL);

CARTY.....ON QB O'CONNOR....."IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD....LOWER BODY INJURY"......DOESN'T SAY HE WON'T PLAY....BUT...INNUENDO....LEADS TA BELIEVIN' HE'S OUT!
TRUE FRESHMAN......QB NICK MINICUCCI 6'2" 210 LBS.....HAS TAKEN DUH SNAPS....WHIFF 1st & 2nd TEAMS THIS WEEK.
TRUE FRESHIE QB....DANIEL LIPOVSKI....HAS APPEARED IN TWO GAMES DIS SEASON/RFR. NOAH SANDERS YET TA PLAY......AN' ARE NOW ON DECK!
T.J. THOMAS SPELLS OG BRADLY ANYANWU (OUT WHIFF KNEE)......BRAWK!
THIS IS DELAWARE'S 24th APPEARANCE IN 51 YEARS UH PLAYOFFS.
HENS ARE 16-7 ALL-TME....HAVIN' WON 8 OF LAST 9 DANCES IN TOURNEY OPENERS.
UD IS 13-25 IN GAMES......PLAYED IN NOVEMBER.....OVERAH LAST ELEBEN YEARS....SORRY WYLIE OR A&T GUY!
2003 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!
RUNNERS UP TA APPALACHIAN STATE 2007/E. WASHIN'TON 2010.

LOW TA MID 40'S.......CLOUDY IN NEW-ARK.....COME KICK-OFF.
WAIT TIL YA'S SEE OURAH CHICKEN COOP......IT'S NOT MONTANA......BUT WE'RE GETTIN' DERE!

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2023, 09:46 AM

HERE YE GO SPOTS......FROM DUH DESK.....UH NEWS JOURNAL.....NO LINK (PAYWALL);

CARTY.....ON QB O'CONNOR....."IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD....LOWER BODY INJURY"......DOESN'T SAY HE WON'T PLAY....BUT...INNUENDO....LEADS TA BELIEVIN' HE'S OUT!
TRUE FRESHMAN......QB NICK MINICUCCI 6'2" 210 LBS.....HAS TAKEN DUH SNAPS....WHIFF 1st & 2nd TEAMS THIS WEEK.
TRUE FRESHIE QB....DANIEL LIPOVSKI....HAS APPEARED IN TWO GAMES DIS SEASON/RFR. NOAH SANDERS YET TA PLAY......AN' ARE NOW ON DECK!
T.J. THOMAS SPELLS OG BRADLY ANYANWU (OUT WHIFF KNEE)......BRAWK!
THIS IS DELAWARE'S 24th APPEARANCE IN 51 YEARS UH PLAYOFFS.
HENS ARE 16-7 ALL-TME....HAVIN' WON 8 OF LAST 9 DANCES IN TOURNEY OPENERS.
UD IS 13-25 IN GAMES......PLAYED IN NOVEMBER.....OVERAH LAST ELEBEN YEARS....SORRY WYLIE OR A&T GUY!
2003 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!
RUNNERS UP TA APPALACHIAN STATE 2007/E. WASHIN'TON 2010.

LOW TA MID 40'S.......CLOUDY IN NEW-ARK.....COME KICK-OFF.
WAIT TIL YA'S SEE OURAH CHICKEN COOP......IT'S NOT MONTANA......BUT WE'RE GETTIN' DERE!

I will be there again..I was at 2004 barnburner!

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2023, 12:11 PM
I would be coming 82..I have only been to Alzada in very SE corner, a cheap shot drive from Deadwood one morning of an hour each way to cross MT off my 50 state list. I want to see MORE OF MONTANA (I think I will send that to Gov. Gianforte as a new slogan?). What is the link please to your board? BTW little Lafayette (as we call ourselves) made national news over the weekend (not by beating the Hawks) but being selected as the ONLY venue to host a VP debate in 2024! Will be held on campus..Damn where will they have it - whats biggest auditorium on campus? BRAWK!

eGriz.com is the dominant (or only?) online Grizzly board. There is some very good football info there. Yet be warned there are a handful of relentless posters who are just asses. Be prepared for them to annoy you and everyone else who reads their dribble. Simply ignore them if you can.

I'm very glad you made it to Montana. You are among the fortunate few who can say they have been to Alzada, Montana (apx. population 39?). If you do come out for the game, now you have to go to Yaak, Montana.

Alzada to Yaak is not quite A to Z, but close enough and you'd have the NW and SE corners of the state covered. Not to mention virtually everywhere in between within Montana is scenic. We do have a beautiful state. Hope you make your return visit to cheer on your team. Best of luck!

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2023, 04:52 PM
eGriz.com is the dominant (or only?) online Grizzly board. There is some very good football info there. Yet be warned there are a handful of relentless posters who are just asses. Be prepared for them to annoy you and everyone else who reads their dribble. Simply ignore them if you can.

I'm very glad you made it to Montana. You are among the fortunate few who can say they have been to Alzada, Montana (apx. population 39?). If you do come out for the game, now you have to go to Yaak, Montana.

Alzada to Yaak is not quite A to Z, but close enough and you'd have the NW and SE corners of the state covered. Not to mention virtually everywhere in between within Montana is scenic. We do have a beautiful state. Hope you make your return visit to cheer on your team. Best of luck!

Thank you 82! Hopefully I get to go

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2023, 10:25 PM
Your Defense came to play at Princeton. Game looked like an old fashioned slobberknocker

Only thing that worked for Princeton was the intermediate passing game

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 06:50 AM
BTW poll is 70-30 Hens...

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2023, 07:01 AM
The Patriot was definitely up this year. Fordham finished in what, 4th place in the league, and had win over FBS Buffalo. Georgetown was solid and Bucknell even showed some spark at times. I believe we had our best record against OOC opponents in years.

We have a usual amount of 5th year guys around the league due to Covid eligibility. I wonder if this uptick will continue? If nothing else, it shows how critical the redshirt is, even with just 4-5 critical guys on every squad getting another year.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 07:01 AM
How the hell did the UNH-Lafayette thread get to what 250 pages?

gravalico
November 23rd, 2023, 07:03 AM
How the hell did the UNH-Lafayette thread get to what 250 pages?I've never read it and I never will but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm sure there were tangents galore.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 07:38 AM
Grav, I assume you going to the game? I will DM my cell. Maybe we can meet up

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 07:42 AM
Yikes - its listed as Superman7515 last posted June 1, 2020...

leopardball2010
November 23rd, 2023, 07:50 AM
Look, I'm just pumped to be where we are! There was a lot of talk a few games ago about expectations for this Leopards team and as much as we are all fans this was a 4-7 team last year and 3-8 year before that who didn't even look that good most of the time.

We have a rebuilding culture, and a young team with new starters everywhere. If coming into this season you would have told me the Leopards finish with 7 wins, middle of the Patriot, and a victory in the rivalry I would have taken it!

Here we are 9-2, nationally ranked, and prepping for the playoffs for the first time in a decade! Our first winning season since '09 results in a playoff birth and a real chance at a playoff win.

LET'S GO!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

gravalico
November 23rd, 2023, 07:52 AM
Grav, I assume you going to the game? I will DM my cell. Maybe we can meet upI'm afraid not. I labored over the decision to do another 6 hour drive. I was leaning towards going but them I got sick. My whole family has a nasty cold from hell. I'm hacking up a lung this Thanksgiving.

gravalico
November 23rd, 2023, 07:53 AM
Look, I'm just pumped to be where we are! There was a lot of talk a few games ago about expectations for this Leopards team and as much as we are all fans this was a 4-7 team last year and 3-8 year before that who didn't even look that good most of the time.

We have a rebuilding culture, and a young team with new starters everywhere. If coming into this season you would have told me the Leopards finish with 7 wins, middle of the Patriot, and a victory in the rivalry I would have taken it!

Here we are 9-2, nationally ranked, and prepping for the playoffs for the first time in a decade! Our first winning season since '09 results in a playoff birth and a real chance at a playoff win.

LET'S GO!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TapatalkPreach! This will be a new "norm" for us for the foreseeable future (God willing!).

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 08:10 AM
I think the attendance for Delawares playoff game ve St Francis last year was just under 5,000, but smaller crowds can still make some noise

Delaware lost last two home games to Elon and Nova

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 08:20 AM
I think the attendance for Delawares playoff game ve St Francis last year was just under 5,000, but smaller crowds can still make some noise

......SPOTS.........PLEASE DON'T PASS....OVERAH DUH MIDDLE.......IT'S ALWAYS UNCOVERED.........CARTY....DON'T RUN DUH QB...........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 08:26 AM
......SPOTS.........PLEASE DON'T PASS....OVERAH DUH MIDDLE.......IT'S ALWAYS UNCOVERED.........CARTY....DON'T RUN DUH QB...........BRAWK!

With third string QB limited Carty dialing up some Wing T plays and Yarns practicing at QB

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 08:33 AM
With third string QB limited Carty dialing up some Wing T plays and Yarns practicing at QB

....ANYTHIN'....BUT....FAKE PUNTIN'......INSIDE OURAH OWN 10....6 MINUTES INTA 1st QUARTER......SHELVE DUH DOUBLE PASS BACK TA QB..........AN' DON'T CALL TIME-OUT......RIGHT AFTERAH.....TV TIME-OUT......JES' SAYIN'.....xwhistlex...BAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 08:40 AM

AHH!.......WILDCAT AGIN'....LEOPARDS.........GENIUS!...........DOODLE-DOO!

Henny
November 23rd, 2023, 08:43 AM
Yes, Lots of concerns about this Delaware team, injuries and otherwise but I do think UD will pull this one out. If O'Connor can't give it a go, let's see what Minicucci's got after getting first team reps this week.

IslandPard
November 23rd, 2023, 08:48 AM
Edit:

In response to Grav...

Well said! And I'll say it again... a mature CAA team of 22-26 year old transfers and redshirts will beat a PL team playing true freshman a majority of the time. The age mismatch was clearly evident last year in our game against Penn. Their 5th year senior basically snapped the leg of our true freshman QB. It was a mugging like I've never seen. But we've clearly recruited well. We are VERY good at each position, which could not have been said in year's past. Our TEs are match-up nightmares. One freshman DE was the PL rookie of the year. The other DE (#95) is an absolute "unit". 2 of our LBs will get NFL looks. And on and on.

With that said, if I was a betting man, I'd pick DE over the homer pick. But our talent gives us a punchers chance. Can't wait until Sat!

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 08:50 AM
AH'M EXPECTIN'....STUDENT BODY R/L.....WHIFF DINKS/DUNKS.......TA KEEP SPOTS.....HONEST..........IFIN' O'CONNER CAIN'T GO..................AWK!

DIS GAME WILL BE PLAYED OVERAH...LAND......WILL JOE....SHOW?

LET'S MAKE IT QWIK......GONNA BE CHILLY.......................................BRAWK !

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 08:56 AM
Edit:

In response to Grav...

Well said! And I'll say it again... a mature CAA team of 22-26 year old transfers and redshirts will beat a PL team playing true freshman a majority of the time. The age mismatch was clearly evident last year in our game against Penn. Their 5th year senior basically snapped the leg of our true freshman QB. It was a mugging like I've never seen. But we've clearly recruited well. We are VERY good at each position, which could not have been said in year's past. Our TEs are match-up nightmares. One freshman DE was the PL rookie of the year. The other DE (#95) is an absolute "unit". 2 of our LBs will get NFL looks. And on and on.

With that said, if I was a betting man, I'd pick DE over the homer pick. But our talent gives us a punchers chance. Can't wait until Sat!

.....YOUSE BEAT...HOLY COW.....SAVE DUH SANDBAGS.....FO' UH COASTAL STORM..........ERR.....AWK!

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 08:56 AM
So Leopards and Hens I presume stay on campus for Thanksgiving...Thanks gentlemen

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 09:00 AM
So Leopards and Hens I presume stay on campus for Thanksgiving...Thanks gentlemen

WILL.....OURAH BOYS.....BE ENJOYIN'......GROTTO PIZZA.....WHIFF CRUMBLY....TURKEY TOPPIN'S?

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 09:16 AM
WHOM ARE DUH REFS?.....'MEMBER DUH MEACS....2007....IN CHATTY? xflaggedx

CHAIN GANG.....IN FRISCO!........BRAWK!

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 09:17 AM
I'm afraid not. I labored over the decision to do another 6 hour drive. I was leaning towards going but them I got sick. My whole family has a nasty cold from hell. I'm hacking up a lung this Thanksgiving.

I am too since Lehigh game..What the hell is this deep lung cough?! Well, be well and look for me and the leopard on ESPN+ sir...GREAT SEASON! I never expected Pards to be 9-2 and in playoffs this year. I was actually thinking of flying to Ft Myers tomorrow for a few days early in the season thinking we would not be in playoffs. Glad I didnt!

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 09:18 AM

As long as they arent the crew that ******ed us in the Duke game, Im really good with any crew!

gravalico
November 23rd, 2023, 09:20 AM
I am too since Lehigh game..What the hell is this deep lung cough?! Wel be well and look for me and the leopard on ESPN+ sir...GREAT SEASON! I never expected Pards to be 9-2 and in playoffs this year. I was actually thinking of flying to Ft Myers tomorrow for a few days early in the season thinking we would not be in playoffs. Glad I didnt!Yeah I don't know if we're all compromised from 2 years of masks and social distancing but this cold and flu season is brutal. My abs are screaming from all of the coughing.

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 09:26 AM
Yeah I don't know if we're all compromised from 2 years of masks and social distancing but this cold and flu season is brutal. My abs are screaming from all of the coughing.

....DON'T WASTE DUH DUCATS....ON SUDAFED...OR LUDENS........SUCKIN' ON UH JELLYBEAN.......HAS MO' MEDICINE IN IT.........BRAWK!

......PLEASE BRING YER MASK...& HANKY.........IF SITTIN' IN J.........DOODLES!

gravalico
November 23rd, 2023, 09:28 AM
....DON'T WASTE DUH DUCATS....ON SUDAFED...OR LUDENS........SUCKIN' ON UH JELLYBEAN.......HAS MO' MEDICINE IN IT.........BRAWK!

......PLEASE BRING YER MASK...& HANKY.........IF SITTIN' IN J.........DOODLES!I'm social distancing about 400 miles this weekend.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 09:58 AM
Yes, Lots of concerns about this Delaware team, injuries and otherwise but I do think UD will pull this one out. If O'Connor can't give it a go, let's see what Minicucci's got after getting first team reps this week.

Dial up some Chandler Harvin and hopefully RB Cumby can go as well, the Hens have missed his speed spelling All conference RB Marcus Yarns

Get the ball in the hands of Townsend on some short pass plays

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 10:04 AM

2007 was Fat Albert and he is definitely burned into memory somewhere

Chain gang gifted Eastern Washington a first down, guy was short by a foot

CHIP72
November 23rd, 2023, 10:11 AM

The weather will be a little nippy on Saturday (low 40s F for the high temperature, some wind).

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2023, 10:14 AM
We actually have Griz fans checking out our board as most never heard of this Lafayette..
Stories about loud and cold, no doubt.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2023, 10:23 AM
2007 was Fat Albert and he is definitely burned into memory somewhere

Chain gang gifted Eastern Washington a first down, guy was short by a foot

They didnt even measure when we were down around Duke 20 and had obvious first by a good 2 feet on a 4th down play, attempting to tie it at 14. Nope, first down Duke. I believe it was the following series as they took over on downs from us, and we stopped Duke on a similar 4th down. Nope, Duke first down, no measure. And another 4th was a leaping call on Marco Olivas which someone checked and can only be called on PATS and punts. It wasnt a punt. Gave Duke 1st down. The ACC announcers said those calls were very bad I heard.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2023, 11:49 AM
AH'M EXPECTIN'....STUDENT BODY R/L.....WHIFF DINKS/DUNKS.......TA KEEP SPOTS.....HONEST..........IFIN' O'CONNER CAIN'T GO..................AWK!

DIS GAME WILL BE PLAYED OVERAH...LAND......WILL JOE....SHOW?

LET'S MAKE IT QWIK......GONNA BE CHILLY.......................................BRAWK !

Who's Joe?

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 12:24 PM
Who's Joe?

Come on man

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2023, 01:06 PM
If Joe shows, the Hens lose.

gravalico
November 23rd, 2023, 01:24 PM
If Joe shows, the Hens lose.I too am at a loss. Joe?

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2023, 03:25 PM
Come on man

Joe Flacco? How would him showing up at the game help the Delaware effort?

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 03:58 PM
Joe Flacco? How would him showing up at the game help the Delaware effort?

sure wouldn’t hurt anything

Lafalumni29
November 23rd, 2023, 04:44 PM
.....YOUSE BEAT...HOLY COW.....SAVE DUH SANDBAGS.....FO' UH COASTAL STORM..........ERR.....AWK!

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2023, 07:48 PM
This game has 13 pages worth of banter while the next closet game thread has 5 or 6? IMO, this contributes to my belief that a Northeast FCS football conference (or conference in general) that further balanced academics and athletics would be a success in all facets. It might even get UD to reconsider their FBS plans given the upheaval that exists at that level right now. Otherwise, I think it would bolster this level of football in this part of the country and market itself in a way that appeals to a portion of the country that takes success and high thresholds to heart. Just look at the Yale Bowl this past Saturday and even Goodman to a lesser extent. There's still a place for tradition AND good football. Three flagship state universities, 4 elite Catholic institutions, 1 highly ranked national university, and 3 highly regarded liberal arts institutions.

I know it's not a perfect world but some arrangement, 7 game conference slate, 3 or 4 protected rivals, others rotate on what would be a regular basis...
Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

This opens the door for W&M and Richmond to improve the SoCon athletically and academically....

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2023, 07:55 PM
This game has 13 pages worth of banter while the next closet game thread has 5 or 6? IMO, this contributes to my belief that a Northeast FCS football conference (or conference in general) that further balanced academics and athletics would be a success in all facets. It might even get UD to reconsider their FBS plans given the upheaval that exists at that level right now. Otherwise, I think it would bolster this level of football in the this part of the country and market itself in way that appeals to a portion of the country that takes success and high thresholds to heart. Just look at the Yale Bowl this past Saturday and even Goodman to a lesser extent. There's still a place for tradition AND good football. Three flagship state universities, 4 elite Catholic institutions, 1 highly ranked national university, and 3 highly regarded liberal arts institutions.

I know it's not a perfect world but some arrangement, 7 game conference slate, 3 or 4 protected rivals, others rotate on what would be a regular basis...
Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

This opens the door for W&M and Richmond to improve the SoCon athletically and academically....

Delaware may already be out of the barn but a 12 team, two division structure is worth discussing:

North:
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island

South:
Bucknell
Georgetown
Lafayette
Lehigh
Towson
Villanova

Of course, Albany, Stony Brook, and Monmouth aren't going away quietly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2023, 08:13 PM
Delaware may already be out of the barn but a 12 team, two division structure is worth discussing:

North:
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island

South:
Bucknell
Georgetown
Lafayette
Lehigh
Towson
Villanova

Of course, Albany, Stony Brook, and Monmouth aren't going away quietly.

I completely agree about Stony Brook given their AAU status. I think they would be the logical choice to replace Delaware. I really believe there is/will be a significant niche market for competitive, nationally viable college football that still values the student-athlete and regional rivalries. The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic is a finicky bunch but they will invest in things that appeal to their senses.

CHIP72
November 23rd, 2023, 08:45 PM
This game has 13 pages worth of banter while the next closet game thread has 5 or 6?

I also noticed that. Considering the number of NDSU fans on here in particular, that's surprising to me.

FWIW, over on the D2 football message board, the PSAC (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference) has the most active subforum of any D2 football conference. (The D2 football forums are organized by conference, with an additional general national board also included.)

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 08:51 PM
I also noticed that. Considering the number of NDSU fans on here in particular, that's surprising to me.

FWIW, over on the D2 football message board, the PSAC (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference) has the most active subforum of any D2 football conference. (The D2 football forums are organized by conference, with an additional general national board also included.)

how many playoff teams have no fans on AGS?

CHIP72
November 23rd, 2023, 09:18 PM
how many playoff teams have no fans on AGS?
Probably a few.

I suspect fans of some teams post primarily on their team's message board or on Reddit. Having said that, outside of teams that represent the flagship school(s) in their state, I don't think many DI-AA/FCS programs have many avid fans, or at least fans who regularly post on message boards discussing their teams. I know on Reddit the FCS subreddit is not particularly active, and posted game threads for all DI-AA/FCS matchups on the college football subreddit get few posts. (That's also often true with many G5 programs unless they are playing in a non-Saturday, nationally-televised game or against a P5 opponent.)

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2023, 10:23 PM
This game has 13 pages worth of banter while the next closet game thread has 5 or 6? IMO, this contributes to my belief that a Northeast FCS football conference (or conference in general) that further balanced academics and athletics would be a success in all facets. It might even get UD to reconsider their FBS plans given the upheaval that exists at that level right now. Otherwise, I think it would bolster this level of football in this part of the country and market itself in a way that appeals to a portion of the country that takes success and high thresholds to heart. Just look at the Yale Bowl this past Saturday and even Goodman to a lesser extent. There's still a place for tradition AND good football. Three flagship state universities, 4 elite Catholic institutions, 1 highly ranked national university, and 3 highly regarded liberal arts institutions.

Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

It's a no-go if you don't include URI and Albany

Wolffan
November 24th, 2023, 04:43 AM
Delaware should have a relatively easy time with the Patriot League co-champions. Even if they have to go with a 3rd stringer at QB. If he’s mobile, that’s another weapon - remember how Sluka couldn’t be stopped on the ground by Lafayette.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 05:23 AM
Who's Joe?

Biden..grad of Delaware

gravalico
November 24th, 2023, 06:42 AM
Biden..grad of DelawareOoohhh right! Forgot about that. He probably did as well.

gravalico
November 24th, 2023, 06:44 AM
Delaware should have a relatively easy time with the Patriot League co-champions. Even if they have to go with a 3rd stringer at QB. If he’s mobile, that’s another weapon - remember how Sluka couldn’t be stopped on the ground by Lafayette.Man I hope the Blue Hens are thinking this way. By the way, I promise you your 3rd string QB isn't Sluka...whom we beat.

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Ooohhh right! Forgot about that. He probably did as well.

Joe apparently briefly played freshman football at UD but had to quit due to poor grades. I know he attended games on occasion when he was VP, but not sure he’s been to any lately.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 07:52 AM
Man I hope the Blue Hens are thinking this way. By the way, I promise you your 3rd string QB isn't Sluka...whom we beat.

No Hen fan is thinking like him… well maybe one or two, his post was a troll

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 07:55 AM
Joe apparently briefly played freshman football at UD but had to quit due to poor grades. I know he attended games on occasion when he was VP, but not sure he’s been to any lately.

Joe was never sighted at a practice, not even as the water boy.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 08:47 AM
.......SUPPOSSEDLY....... UH WR.....WHOM....DEY TOLD....TA GO LONG.......AN' HE DID!........:D.........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 08:59 AM
Man I hope the Blue Hens are thinking this way. By the way, I promise you your 3rd string QB isn't Sluka...whom we beat.

.......WELP!......DAT'S REAL INFO...WE CAN USE........xsighx............BAWQ!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 09:08 AM
Delaware should have a relatively easy time with the Patriot League co-champions. Even if they have to go with a 3rd stringer at QB. If he’s mobile, that’s another weapon - remember how Sluka couldn’t be stopped on the ground by Lafayette.

....YEAH...LET'S RUN OURAH OWN-LAH STANDIN' QB.......WHOSE FEATHERS....ARE JES' POKIN' THRU!.......COUPLE OTHERAH YOUNGINS.......HAVEN'T COME OUTTAH DUH SHELL...&......WHOM WOOD SIGNAL IN DUH PLAYS.........SCOUT TEAM D TACKLES?.....xsighx......BRAWQ!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 09:14 AM
COLD TA-MARRAH....30 DEGREE WIND CHILL.........HINT UH WHAT'S TA COME @ WASHIN'TON-GRIZZWOLD......? IS......WHOSE GOIN'....xeyebrowx.....DOODLE-DOO?

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 09:55 AM

Of course cause a stir if he showed up unannounced! BTW Lafayette College wil be the HOST of 2024's only VP Debate. Where would they have it? Colton Chapel? Back in 1981 or 82 I recall going to a debate between of all people, John Dean and E. Howard Hunt at Colton! And remember attending a speech there by Julian Bond too in 1981. A reception at the old yellow ABC house for him after it where Farinon now stands..

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 09:58 AM
COLD TA-MARRAH....30 DEGREE WIND CHILL.........HINT UH WHAT'S TA COME @ WASHIN'TON-GRIZZWOLD......? IS......WHOSE GOIN'....xeyebrowx.....DOODLE-DOO?

Im going! Look for me with the hand held leopard of about 18 iches

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 10:03 AM
No Hen fan is thinking like him… well maybe one or two, his post was a troll

Wonder if he was that News-Journal columnist who reported on day of the 2004 playoff it would be a 62-10 disaster (or something very seriously close to that) for the Leopards. YO YO YO who was there (like me) and remembers that incredible Chad Walker (TE) on a 4th and what almost 25? Was that on our final series??

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 10:09 AM

.....DOES IT LOOK LIKE....ONE UH SOUPY SALES....OL'......HAND PUPPETS?.......BLUH UH BLUH UH!

KPSUL
November 24th, 2023, 10:19 AM
OK, against my better judgment, I accept the premise that this may be the closest game of Round 1 proposed on this Thread by fans of both teams. Consequently, Lafayette @ Delaware will be my primary watch this Saturday. Go Blue Pards!!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 10:27 AM
Of course cause a stir if he showed up unannounced! BTW Lafayette College wil be the HOST of 2024's only VP Debate. Where would they have it? Colton Chapel? Back in 1981 or 82 I recall going to a debate between of all people, John Dean and E. Howard Hunt at Colton! And remember attending a speech there by Julian Bond too in 1981. A reception at the old yellow ABC house for him after it where Farinon now stands..

......WHAT WAS DUH TOPIC......LOCK PICKIN'.............AWK!

KPSUL
November 24th, 2023, 10:37 AM
FO' CLOSE GAMES......AH'D UH WENT WHIFF........AUSTIN PEAY/GARDNER-WEBSTER......OR....MAYBE NC-CENTRAL/RICHMOND......BUT WE'RE GLAD TA HAVE YA........DOODLES!

Quite possible. But Pards and Hens fans are more entertaining.

CHIP72
November 24th, 2023, 10:40 AM

CHIKENS…DON’T…LIKE COLD…NOT NUF FETHERS…SATTERRRDAY…TV DAY…FER…MR. CHICKEN?

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 10:41 AM
Quite possible. But Pards and Hens fans are more entertaining.

OOOOPS!....AH MEANT MERCER/GARDNER-WEBB........THE CATS.....CHART CORNFUSED ME...xembarrassedx...AWK!

AN' AFTERAH THINKIN' 'BOUT IT......SACK STATE/NORFF DAKOTAH

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 10:46 AM

lol

KPSUL. you figure out who Joe is yet? Mr C ain't talking Joe Flacco

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 10:48 AM
CHIKENS…DON’T…LIKE COLD…NOT NUF FETHERS…SATTERRRDAY…TV DAY…FER…MR. CHICKEN?

1. TRUE DAT
2. DROPPED $39 ON MAH DUCAT......AH'LL BE SNORTIN'....COLD..... NEW-ARK OZONE.......BRAWK!

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 11:00 AM
.....DOES IT LOOK LIKE....ONE UH SOUPY SALES....OL'......HAND PUPPETS?.......BLUH UH BLUH UH!

The leopard is a legend in Lafayette circles!

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 11:02 AM

I remember Hunt giving a classic line looking at Dean: yeah what the President (Nixon) needed was a criminal layer not a lawyer-criminal!

KPSUL
November 24th, 2023, 11:36 AM
lol

KPSUL. you figure out who Joe is yet? Mr C ain't talking Joe Flacco

Yeah, but only in the context of another post you made. I knew of the association but it didn't dawn on me initially. I think I heard he was vacationing on Nantucket. There once was a man on Nantucket, who... blah, blah blah. You can go ahead and finish if you'd like.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 11:48 AM
And at this very hour on this very day 10 years ago...the Lafayette at New Hampshire thread was created (YES!) as it was announced on Selection Sunday at noon we were going to Durham. And I met the very nice Cat fans KPSUL and UNH Alum in CT in NH. Weird but true I went up in the elevator with a woman who had A Cat jersey with "RIESE" on it. I asked her if she was related to the NYC restaurant family...yes she was (which I had read about - Riese Restaurants). And I asked if she knew a Mitch Riese (who was my construction partner at McDonalds Restaurants in Philly region from 1993-2001 and I knew from discussions with him a tangential family connection) and it was his sister-in-law. Adam Riese it turns out was a backup NH QB in that game!

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 01:32 PM
And at this very hour on this very day 10 years ago...the Lafayette at New Hampshire thread was created (YES!) as it was announced on Selection Sunday at noon we were going to Durham. And I met the very nice Cat fans KPSUL and UNH Alum in CT in NH. Weird but true I went up in the elevator with a woman who had A Cat jersey with "RIESE" on it. I asked her if she was related to the NYC restaurant family...yes she was. And I aske dif she knew a Mitch Riese (who was my construction partner at McDonalds Restaurants in Philly region from 1993-2001) and it was his sister. Adam Riese it turns out was a backup NH QB in that game!

I honestly really like your stories

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 01:43 PM
I honestly really like your stories

Thank you CH! All bizarre but true!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 01:59 PM
DUH VOTIN'....ON AGS....HENS/PARDS..(68%/32%)...RIGHT IN LINE....WHIFF DUH RED HERRIN'S....(66%/34%)......AS UH 3PM EASTERN.......BAWQ!

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Be interesting if they solicited input on spreads...say to 7.5, 7.5 to 14 etc

KPSUL
November 24th, 2023, 02:46 PM
And at this very hour on this very day 10 years ago...the Lafayette at New Hampshire thread was created (YES!) as it was announced on Selection Sunday at noon we was a were going to Durham. And I met the very nice Cat fans KPSUL and UNH Alum in CT in NH. Weird but true I went up in the elevator with a woman who had A Cat jersey with "RIESE" on it. I asked her if she was related to the NYC restaurant family...yes she was (which I had read about - Riese Restaurants). And I asked if she knew a Mitch Riese (who was my construction partner at McDonalds Restaurants in Philly region from 1993-2001 and I knew from discussions with him a tangential family connection) and it was his sister-in-law. Adam Riese it turns out was a backup NH QB in that game!

Adam Reise stayed a backup for his career, but he played several memorable games in 2016 when he was #2 to Trevor Knight in Knights Sophomore year and 1st as the starter. The one I remember best was Reise coming in in the 4th Qtr with 9 minutes, down by 31 points vs JMU. He led the Wildcats back with 28 points in the last 7 minutes. During that span of time UNH recovered two JMU fumbles and recovered two onside kicks. The comeback came up 3 pts short when JMU recovered the third UNH onside kick with 1 minute left. He also Quarterbacked the 64-21 win over Lehigh in the 1st round of the playoffs. JMU got their revenge when they beat UNH in Harrisonburg, VA in the 2nd Round 55-22, on their way to the FCS Championship. Adam Reise was very well liked by the other UNH Seniors that year, and a lot of UNH fans thought he should have played more.

Good luck to you and your Pards tomorrow!

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Hey CaribbHen & the Chicken - can I park free on nearby streets at UD?

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 04:06 PM
Adam Reise stayed a backup for his career, but he played several memorable games in 2016 when he was #2 to Trevor Knight in Knights Sophomore year and 1st as the starter. The one I remember best was Reise coming in in the 4th Qtr with 9 minutes, down by 31 points vs JMU. He led the Wildcats back with 28 points in the last 7 minutes. During that span of time UNH recovered two JMU fumbles and recovered two onside kicks. The comeback came up 3 pts short when JMU recovered the third UNH onside kick with 1 minute left. He also Quarterbacked the 64-21 win over Lehigh in the 1st round of the playoffs. JMU got their revenge when they beat UNH in Harrisonburg, VA in the 2nd Round 55-22, on their way to the FCS Championship. Adam Reise was very well liked by the other UNH Seniors that year, and a lot of UNH fans thought he should have played more.

Thank you - wow what a comeback! What year did Adam graduate?

2wagriz
November 24th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Just wanted to wish both the teams best of luck on Saturday. Will be eager to see how each team plays. If you get the chance to make it to Missoula for round 2, hope you will take the opportunity to come attend the game!

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 06:48 PM
Hey CaribbHen & the Chicken - can I park free on nearby streets at UD?

I got this from a great source who is a lifetime Newark resident and season ticket holder

“Patterson Schwartz lot or the Bus lot across the street “

KPSUL
November 24th, 2023, 07:05 PM
Thank you - wow what a comeback! What year did Adam graduate? 2016. Oh yeah one other thing of interest - Reise was a lefty.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 07:06 PM
I got this from a great source who is a lifetime Newark resident and season ticket holder

ok Patterson Schwartz might be 10 bucks now

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2023, 07:15 PM

The pride of Steinert HS, Hamilton, NJ. Adam was an equally talented baseball player & his HS is a perennial public school state power in the sport. xpeacex

MUHAWKS
November 24th, 2023, 07:54 PM
Be interesting if they solicited input on spreads...say to 7.5, 7.5 to 14 etc

Delaware laying 7. I am staying far away and just enjoying the game..

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2023, 08:14 PM
I got the 'Pards by a FG. Not only do I think they have the better coach, I don't see a significant talent disparity 1-30 or so; depth will always be an issue vs conferences that redshirt. Also, Lafayette is due to break through and capture their first playoff win.

I'm actually pulling for Lafayette. Anything to further enhance the fire burning under Lehigh's ass...

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 08:18 PM
Delaware laying 7. I am staying far away and just enjoying the game..

smart move

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 08:30 PM
I got the 'Pards by a FG. Not only do I think they have the better coach, I don't see a significant talent disparity 1-30 or so; depth will always be an issue vs conferences that redshirt. Also, Lafayette is due to break through and capture their first playoff win.

I'm actually pulling for Lafayette. Anything to further enhance the fire burning under Lehigh's ass...

What Delaware game(s) have you watched Lehigh TU?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2023, 08:35 PM
What Delaware game(s) have you watched Lehigh TU?

Penn State and Villanova...not a Flo guy. However, I stay abreast of the Hens in other ways. Their best game came against Towson imo. I actually picked the Tigers in that one but was emphatically proved wrong. This is hardly the 2000 or 2010 UD team Lehigh played or the version Lafayette played in 2004. The program as well as the environment has eroded from that era.

I look at UD similar to UNH last year and Lafayette half-a-step behind 2022 HC.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 08:51 PM
Penn State and Villanova...not a Flo guy. However, I stay abreast of the Hens in other ways. Their best game came against Towson imo. I actually picked the Tigers in that one but was emphatically proved wrong. This is hardly the 2000 or 2010 UD team Lehigh played or the version Lafayette played in 2004. The program as well as the environment has eroded from that era.

I look at UD similar to UNH last year and Lafayette half-a-step behind 2022 HC.

I figured it was the Nova game you saw, Hens always make Nova look real good

The QB that played against Towson is a JUCO transfer from Iowa Central named Zach Marker, he played great but got hurt right before half time on dirty hit. Nova was his first game back and he got hurt again…. Lower leg. He also got hurt in Penn State game. Ryan O’Conner the opening day QB and also hurt against Nova.

ngineer
November 24th, 2023, 10:35 PM
Hey, the Giants won yesterday with Tommy “Don’t Call Me Danny” DeVito behind center, so anything is possible.

Yeah, I heard he came off the "taxi" squad...xsmiley_wix

ngineer
November 24th, 2023, 10:42 PM

You don't want those guys! I remember the MEAC refs in Goodman in 2004 to this day giving JMU 7 shots from the one yard line!xmadxxbangxxflamemadxxshakingmadx

ngineer
November 24th, 2023, 10:48 PM

Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

Sound good to me!

ngineer
November 24th, 2023, 10:57 PM

Good luck wishes! After you guys, Delaware was a next big long time rival, but Tubby and Whitehead didn't get along the number of games shrunk until the Hens wouldn't travel to Goodman anymore...wouldn't even do a two at UD and one at Lehigh rotation. Last regular season game was when Lembo was HC and game went to OT. Anyway, say hi to the famous "Pee Wall"...most efficient mens room in any stadium I have ever been in!

Go...gate
November 25th, 2023, 02:44 AM
I remember Hunt giving a classic line looking at Dean: yeah what the President (Nixon) needed was a criminal layer not a lawyer-criminal!
Fun fact: John Dean attended but did not graduate from Colgate. He was a member of the Debate Team.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 06:11 AM
Fun fact: John Dean attended but did not graduate from Colgate. He was a member of the Debate Team.

That I did not know!!!

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 06:12 AM

:) thanks

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 06:17 AM
2016. Oh yeah one other thing of interest - Reise was a lefty.

I think Jim told me that when I related story of the unexpected encounter the next morning. All of us ironically were in the Dover NH Microtel Inn!

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 06:21 AM
Just wanted to wish both the teams best of luck on Saturday. Will be eager to see how each team plays. If you get the chance to make it to Missoula for round 2, hope you will take the opportunity to come attend the game!

Thank you much 2 WA Griz. I totally plan to and make sure my MT adventures extend to more than Alzada (which only cafe did have the most excellent chili I discovered!). Maybe I will be lucky to bump into Sen. Jon Tester, a personal favorite public official of mine. And shake his hand with one finger pulled back! (Inside joke for Montana folk)

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 06:38 AM
ok Patterson Schwartz might be 10 bucks now

Thx i parked there Im very sure in the rain game Sept 12, 2015 - first time we had played Delaware since George McGovern was the Democratic nominee in 1972. Game won by Hens Oct 7, 1972 by 27-0. Weirdest score on Oct 21, 1967, Hens 21 Pards 2. This is my first time on AGS commenting on a Lafayette-Delaware playoff game. I joined a year after 2004 game, Nov 2005

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 07:08 AM
Thx i parked there Im very sure in the rain game Sept 12, 2015 - first time we had played Delaware since George McGovern was the Democratic nominee in 1972. Game won by Hens Oct 7, 1972 by 27-0. Weirdest score on Oct 21, 1967, Hens 21 Pards 2. This is my first time on AGS commenting on a Lafayette-Delaware playoff game. I joined a year after 2004 game, Nov 2005

Some good history right there. The rain game Yes it was wet, I remember some of the talk after that game was about the Section J fans getting it on with your bench ……but that’s normal

oh, might not be any free parking anymore

have a safe trip

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 07:08 AM
Not so fun fact...last time we beat Hens in a game was before Kennedy was president and before my parents married, a mere 3-0 win on Oct 8, 1960.

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 07:18 AM
Not so fun fact...last time we beat Hens in a game was before Kennedy was president and before my parents married, a mere 3-0 win on Oct 8, 1960.Which has absolutely no bearing on the game today. Hell what happened last week is totally irrelevant let alone 1960. Leopards had a great week of practice. They are healthy and ready to go. They just have to do what they've been doing all year. Show up and fight! If they play like they know how this squad is capable of great things. Here we go. Go Pards!!

leopardball2010
November 25th, 2023, 07:21 AM
Which has absolutely no bearing on the game today. Hell what happened last week is totally irrelevant let alone 1960. Leopards had a great week of practice. They are healthy and ready to go. They just have to do what they've been doing all year. Show up and fight! If they play like they know how this squad is capable of great things. Here we go. Go Pards!!

Sent from my SM-F711U using TapatalkAGREED! Nothing like a Thanksgiving dinner with your team. That's a memory I will hold on to for the rest of my life.

Nothing left for this season but to take care of business. Lots of history on the line, but I'm sure none of the boys wearing maroon and white will be concerning themselves with any of that today. It's all about the next snap, the next possible win.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Wolffan
November 25th, 2023, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Wolffan https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3161930#post3161930)

You do realize Sluka had arm issues that game (and sat the next two games for the same issue)? And he still ran for 330 yards. I'm thinking all Delaware QBs throw better than an injured Sluka...and Laffy may be vulnerable to a running QB.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2023, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Wolffan https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3161930#post3161930)

You do realize Sluka had arm issues that game (and sat the next two games for the same issue)? And he still ran for 330 yards. I'm thinking all Delaware QBs throw better than an injured Sluka...and Laffy may be vulnerable to a running QB.

Without question I think Coach Troxell and team know Hens have looked at HC tape. Pards should be prepared for this and short game. Im leaving now

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 07:57 AM

haha if our third string True Freshman was anything like Sluka, even a wingless Sluka, he wouldn’t be third string

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 07:58 AM
Which has absolutely no bearing on the game today. Hell what happened last week is totally irrelevant let alone 1960. Leopards had a great week of practice. They are healthy and ready to go. They just have to do what they've been doing all year. Show up and fight! If they play like they know how this squad is capable of great things. Here we go. Go Pards!!

No just some good history is all

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 08:30 AM
No just some good history is allUnderstood. And Lafayette has three national championships and invented the football helmet and the huddle. I wish history had bearing on today's game. We'd win in a landslide.

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2023, 08:52 AM
Understood. And Lafayette has three national championships and invented the football helmet and the huddle. I wish history had bearing on today's game. We'd win in a landslide.

WHAT'S UH HUDDLE.......xdontknowx......AWK?

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2023, 09:06 AM
...........DUH TICKET TA MISERYOULA......RUNS THRU NEW-ARK......HOME UH..... "NO FREE".....PARKIN'.........xhypedx..........BRAWK!

Wolffan
November 25th, 2023, 09:07 AM
haha if our third string True Freshman was anything like Sluka, even a wingless Sluka, he wouldn’t be third string LOL 330 (!!) versus Lafayette (when they had to realize something was going on with his throwing arm/shoulder) was the most Sluka ran in his career (by far) and a FCS record. Perhaps you don't have to be Sluka to succeed via QB run v Laffayete.

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2023, 09:08 AM
Understood. And Lafayette has three national championships and invented the football helmet and the huddle. I wish history had bearing on today's game. We'd win in a landslide.

Those three national championships came from a writer regarded as an " ex-coach and loyal supporter of athletics of Lafayette" who lived in Easton, PA.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2023, 09:09 AM

Well that line alone was worth the price of admission.

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2023, 09:13 AM
Well that line alone was worth the price of admission.

HEY CLARK.....HOW'S DUH WEATHER.......OUTDERE............BAWK?

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 09:13 AM
LOL 330 (!!) versus Lafayette (when they had to realize something was going on with his throwing arm/shoulder) was the most Sluka ran in his career (by far) and a FCS record. Perhaps you don't have to be Sluka to succeed via QB run v Laffayete.Ok so, QB sweep right, QB sweep left. Good plan. Bring it!

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2023, 09:15 AM
CARTY.....DON'T RUN DUH QB........xnonox............DOODLE-DOO!

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 09:19 AM
CARTY.....DON'T RUN DUH QB........xnonox............DOODLE-DOO!Hopefully your third string QB runs for 500 yards and loses by three points...just like HC.

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2023, 09:25 AM
YER OC....DIMUZIO....RODE PINE WHIFF CARTY....HERE @ DUH FCS MECCA......COACHED SOME UNDER KC....(IN CHARGE UH BALL BAG).......AN' SON UH FORMER DELAWARE QB....TOM DIMUZIO...BET HE'S WEARIN'...SOME UD GEAR...UNDER HIS LAFFY PARKA.....AWQ!

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2023, 09:26 AM
HEY CLARK.....HOW'S DUH WEATHER.......OUTDERE............BAWK?

I'm in Montana, though not Missoula. Here, the past couple of days were rather cold (highs in the 20's) but we're looking at the 40's again.

Looking ahead, the forecast for Missoula next Saturday is a high of 35 degrees. Not too bad for the end of November.

However, it is scheduled to be the night game. So I'd suggest you pack extra warm socks, and maybe even bring a hat. :)

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 09:29 AM

Delaware

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1946 · 1963 · 1971
1972 · 1979 · 2003RUNNERS-UP
1974 · 1978 · 1982
2007 · 2010

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 09:32 AM
LOL 330 (!!) versus Lafayette (when they had to realize something was going on with his throwing arm/shoulder) was the most Sluka ran in his career (by far) and a FCS record. Perhaps you don't have to be Sluka to succeed via QB run v Laffayete.

disagree

Sluka is special

next

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2023, 09:40 AM
........WELP SPOTS.....AH'M TEN ER SO RED LIGHTS....FROM DUH TUB........TIME TA LATHER-UP.....AN' PREPARE.....FO' UH COLD ONE......MAY DUH BEST TEAM!..........xhandshakex........DOODLES!

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 10:24 AM
LOL 330 (!!) versus Lafayette (when they had to realize something was going on with his throwing arm/shoulder) was the most Sluka ran in his career (by far) and a FCS record. Perhaps you don't have to be Sluka to succeed via QB run v Laffayete.

Cross fans are still damaged by the Pards coming to Fitton and pushing the Crusaders around. Sluka is a great player, period. About 200 of his yards came on scrambles rather than designed runs. He made some great plays on those scrambles, but remember it took a historic individual effort to keep the game close.

When you guys needed a stop late, we ran right down your throats for the clinching TD.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 10:27 AM
Those three national championships came from a writer regarded as an " ex-coach and loyal supporter of athletics of Lafayette" who lived in Easton, PA.

The 1896 team is legitimate and listed in official NCAA records as co nation champs with Princeton. The 21 and 26 ones are dubious. As usually, you’re about 1/2 right.

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 10:38 AM
The 1896 team is legitimate and listed in official NCAA records as co nation champs with Princeton. The 21 and 26 ones are dubious. As usually, you’re about 1/2 right.Good stuff Tanks. The only history that has any bearing on the teams today is the helmet we invented. You're welcome.

2wagriz
November 25th, 2023, 11:15 AM
Thank you much 2 WA Griz. I totally plan to and make sure my MT adventures extend to more than Alzada (which only cafe did have the most excellent chili I discovered!). Maybe I will be lucky to bump into Sen. Jon Tester, a personal favorite public official of mine. And shake his hand with one finger pulled back! (Inside joke for Montana folk)

Tried to send you a PM but it said your inbox is overflowing, lol.
Yes. I plan to go to the game. If you or any fans plan to head our way, shoot me a PM. Would be more than willing to help anyone out with logistics, cheaper flight towns, where to eat, stay and play.
Good luck to all today!

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 11:59 AM
Good stuff Tanks. The only history that has any bearing on the teams today is the helmet we invented. You're welcome.

Those pre AP poll national champions are a bit wild. I think Texas A&M claims like 8 from those days that nobody really agrees with.

Wolffan
November 25th, 2023, 12:03 PM
Cross fans are still damaged by the Pards coming to Fitton and pushing the Crusaders around. Sluka is a great player, period. About 200 of his yards came on scrambles rather than designed runs. He made some great plays on those scrambles, but remember it took a historic individual effort to keep the game close.

When you guys needed a stop late, we ran right down your throats for the clinching TD.

There’s no doubt the Pards are worthy Patriot League Co-Champions.

And nobody has suggested otherwise.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:08 PM
'Pards defense gets a huge stop on 4th and 1!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:13 PM
TD 'Pards! Great start for Lafayette!

Pards 7-0 9:28 1Q

SeattleCat
November 25th, 2023, 01:19 PM
What a block by the Delaware Qb. 7-7

Utgrizfan
November 25th, 2023, 01:23 PM
What a block by the Delaware Qb. 7-7

Was a very nice hit, for a second I thought they might call blindside block on it but glad they didnt.

SeattleCat
November 25th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Why is Delaware even throwing the ball, They're o line is owning the Pards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:33 PM
'Pards had an easy TD but the WR stepped out of bounds...

Sader87
November 25th, 2023, 01:36 PM
Lafayette is no joke....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:36 PM
TD Lafayette! They're showing great balance....

Lafayette 14-7 2:43 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:41 PM
'Pards recover a UD fumble!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Then Lafayette hits the Hens with a bomb for a TD! Troxell has his team uber prepared...

Lafayette 21-7 0:27 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:46 PM
Pards with an INT!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:52 PM
TD Lafayette!

Pards 28-7 14:34 2Q

fencer24
November 25th, 2023, 01:55 PM
Darn, but Delaware us making me regret my choice in the poll.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Lafayette with their 3rd INT of the half! At the Hen 30 or so yard line...

grizband
I originally selected Lafayette in my pick 'em bracket, then changed last minute...really regretting that move!

Franks Tanks
Why is Delaware even throwing the ball, They're o line is owning the Pards.

By what measure? They have about 30 yards rushing.

Sader87
November 25th, 2023, 01:56 PM
Transitive property etc etc....but this game is illustrating that HC was screwed....

CrunchGriz
November 25th, 2023, 01:56 PM
Wow...Delaware is looking like total crap right now. Didn't think I'd see that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 01:59 PM
Pards miss a 33 yard FG...

crusader11
November 25th, 2023, 02:03 PM
Patriot League might not be so bad…

JacksFan40
November 25th, 2023, 02:04 PM
Transitive property etc etc....but this game is illustrating that HC was screwed....
Could be, or it could be illustrating that Delaware is hot garbage.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Patriot League might not be so bad…

Absolutely is not! Besides, the league has a looooong history of beating CAA/A10 teams in the playoffs. The problem has generally been depth but thankfully even that has improved the last 2 years.

Catbooster
November 25th, 2023, 02:12 PM
I originally selected Lafayette in my pick 'em bracket, then changed last minute...really regretting that move!
Same here.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2023, 02:12 PM

Delaware is making Lafayette look like Penn St.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 02:26 PM
TD Hens! We got a game heading to the second half in Newark...

Lafayette 28-13 0:38 2Q

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 02:28 PM
TD Hens! We got a game heading to the second half in Newark...

Lafayette 28-14 0:38 2Q
Yes, Delaware was not going to quit and too much talent for Lafayette to just pull away. Up 15 at the half is a great position for Lafayette.

pardfan
November 25th, 2023, 02:37 PM
38 seconds and two timeouts...taking a knee. Don't play scared. If the score were the other way, Delaware would not take a knee.

CHIP72
November 25th, 2023, 02:41 PM
Running some errands this afternoon and no SiriusXM for this game (and outside of UD’s radio station’s range), but I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the score. Hopefully the Leopards can hold on during the final 30 minutes of regulation.

Lafalumni29
November 25th, 2023, 02:46 PM
We are not known for putting together consistent halves of fball. [emoji1693]🫣

pardfan
November 25th, 2023, 02:49 PM
This game must be kept out of the hands of our (LC) special teams. Period.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 02:52 PM
UD forces a fumble on the Pard's opening possession! Lafayette QB has taken some big hits this game...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 02:56 PM
Lafayette stops UD on 4th and goal! A bit surprised UD didn't take the points....

NM...apparently they called PI...i didn't see the penalty...