PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Playoffs Round 1: Chattanooga @ Austin Peay

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2023, 12:23 PM
Games kicks off on Saturday 11/25 at 2PM CT and will be streaming on ESPN+. Winner goes to #7 Furman.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53345149505_1f63a6e283_b.jpg

apaladin
November 19th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Certainly helps to have your AD on the committee. Its embarrassing to have a team selected after a 66-10 loss, don’t care who they are playing,

Mocs123
November 19th, 2023, 12:55 PM
Certainly helps to have your AD on the committee. Its embarrassing to have a team selected after a 66-10 loss, don’t care who they are playing,

Not that I disagree, but no less embarrassing than having your team selected after losing to a team with only 1 win on the season (and that win was against a winless team). I think both were playing without their starting QB and star running back. (and yes I know that Furman didn't have to get selected because they won the autobid).

JacksFan40
November 19th, 2023, 01:00 PM
I’d agree if it wasn’t a red hot Alabama. I’d say there’s only 2-3 teams in FCS who would come within 40 of the Tide right now.

rtzlunar
November 19th, 2023, 01:25 PM
Surprised Chattanooga got in but they had a better win than either Richmond or NCC

Milktruck74
November 19th, 2023, 02:07 PM

He was on the committee last year and it didn't help...Committee members have to leave the room when their schools are discussed. He probably helped Mercer more than he helped Chattanooga.

gofurman
November 19th, 2023, 02:19 PM
Not that I disagree, but no less embarrassing than having your team selected after losing to a team with only 1 win on the season (and that win was against a winless team). I think both were playing without their starting QB and star running back. (and yes I know that Furman didn't have to get selected because they won the autobid).

is Chatt missing Artopeus ?

gofurman
November 19th, 2023, 02:25 PM

we beat you with a FR qb coming in cold off the bench. And only reason you scored in latter part of game was a crazy tip - as the DL is supposed to do !, - that did something I’ve almost never seen…. Land in the middle of a bunch of players and your wr ran for a long TD. All that and still lost at home to a backup qb who was taking his first snaps.

Just worry about APSU. Hope utc wins Good luck

Milktruck74
November 19th, 2023, 02:32 PM
is Chatt missing Artopeus ?

Yep. Chattanooga's starting QB had taken about 20 total college snaps before starting against Alabama. IF chase plays, he extends a few drives limiting Bamas opportunities a little more and probably gets close enough to kick an extra FG...so the score is probably 52-13. But the check would still have the same number of zeors!!!

FUBeAR
November 19th, 2023, 02:55 PM
Congratulations to the Mocs!! Absolutely deserved an At-Large bid.

Tons of talent all over the field and heart to match.

Haven’t see the Govs play this year, so no prediction yet…except FUBeAR can guarantee the young men from Clarksville will surely know they have been in a Football game. The Mocs crew will not hesitate to put quite a lick on their opponents.

Mocs123
November 19th, 2023, 03:04 PM
we beat you with a FR qb coming in cold off the bench. And only reason you scored in latter part of game was a crazy tip - as the DL is supposed to do !, - that did something I’ve almost never seen…. Land in the middle of a bunch of players and your wr ran for a long TD. All that and still lost at home to a backup qb who was taking his first snaps.

Just worry about APSU. Hope utc wins Good luck

Did I say anything about the Furman-Chattanooga game? I think the last time I discussed that game on here was to congratulate the Paladins on a hard fought win. I think I even congratulated Paladin fans on your message board. I was simply replying to a snarky remark about a loss this past week, from someone who ended the season who had a pretty embarrassing loss themselves. I also simply pointed out that both the Mocs and the Paladins both played this past week without their starting QB or RB. I imagine Furman would have won with their starters - it obviously wouldn't have changed the outcome for the Mocs. That you for your super relevant and supportive comments on this thread about the Mocs and the Govs. Congrats on your seed.

FUBeAR
November 19th, 2023, 06:22 PM
Did I say anything about the Furman-Chattanooga game? I think the last time I discussed that game on here was to congratulate the Paladins on a hard fought win. I think I even congratulated Paladin fans on your message board. I was simply replying to a snarky remark about a loss this past week, from someone who ended the season who had a pretty embarrassing loss themselves. I also simply pointed out that both the Mocs and the Paladins both played this past week without their starting QB or RB. I imagine Furman would have won with their starters - it obviously wouldn't have changed the outcome for the Mocs. That you for your super relevant and supportive comments on this thread about the Mocs and the Govs. Congrats on your seed.
You’re fine. Sometimes, life imitates art…

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-385d9ead6afbbbdb9822ba508c5000ab

acbearkat
November 19th, 2023, 07:33 PM

They were playing Alabama. Did you expect them to win?

Chalupa Batman
November 19th, 2023, 07:50 PM
Yep. Chattanooga's starting QB had taken about 20 total college snaps before starting against Alabama. IF chase plays, he extends a few drives limiting Bamas opportunities a little more and probably gets close enough to kick an extra FG...so the score is probably 52-13. But the check would still have the same number of zeors!!!

Is Artopoeus expected back this week?

apaladin
November 20th, 2023, 12:24 AM
I apologize to Moc nation, didn’t realize you were without your QB. Is he out for this Saturday?

apaladin
November 20th, 2023, 01:08 AM

My apologies I didn’t realize you were missing your starting QB, certainly would have made a difference. We know how that is our freshman qb looked great last week but looked like the freshman he is Saturday. Still losing to Wofford was terrible and there is no excuse for it. I will say the D held WC to 180 yds and the difference was a fumble return for a TD but an unexcusesble loss.

Milktruck74
November 20th, 2023, 06:31 AM
Is Artopoeus expected back this week?

HE was dressed on the sideline vs Bama. So one would assume he was available this week...but there is just no reason to try push through a game like that if you are banged up. If he was available on Saturday, it would seem he is available this week. However, the freshman QB had moments and flashes...he did go 10 for 21 vs Bama and has the longest completion on them to date!

Mocs123
November 20th, 2023, 07:05 AM
I apologize to Moc nation, didn’t realize you were without your QB. Is he out for this Saturday?

I have no clue. They listed the injury as a vague "upper body injury", so I'm not even sure what the injury is. He took a hard hit during the Furman game during a scramble and went to the medical tent for a bit, but did return for the rest of the game - I'm not sure if it's a carry over from that or not. He was at least dressed for the Bama game, but did not play. Luke Schomburg, or #2 QB this season is one that the coaches really like, but I couldn't imagine my first start being Bama.

Ford will not be available though as I'm sure you know he had a torn ACL a several weeks ago (he actually played two weeks on it) and his season is done unfortunately.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2023, 07:31 AM
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-385d9ead6afbbbdb9822ba508c5000ab

DELAWARE STADIUM.....SECTION J.........2nd HALF....UH 'NOVA GAME...................BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 08:51 AM
Congratulations to the Mocs!! Absolutely deserved an At-Large bid.

Tons of talent all over the field and heart to match.

Haven’t see the Govs play this year, so no prediction yet…except FUBeAR can guarantee the young men from Clarksville will surely know they have been in a Football game. The Mocs crew will not hesitate to put quite a lick on their opponents.

Maybe Chatty can take care of ugly unfinished Furman business up in Clarksville

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2023, 09:37 AM
Maybe Chatty can take care of ugly unfinished Furman business up in Clarksville
Man… those 2019 Furman players are all Doctors and Lawyers and Fortune 100 CEO’s by now. When not worshipping SPM, you must be a JT fan…

https://youtu.be/m__wmsIn99E?feature=shared

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 09:59 AM
Man… those 2019 Furman players are all Doctors and Lawyers and Fortune 100 CEO’s by now. When not worshipping SPM, you must be a JT fan…

https://youtu.be/m__wmsIn99E?feature=shared

Outside of Jethro Tull, Barre says playing with Paul McCartney “was definitely the high point of my career.” Barre played guitar on McCartney’s song, “Atlantic Ocean,” which was recorded in Sussex, England, in 1987 and produced by Phil Ramone. The song was a bonus track on McCartney’s Young Boy #2 single from the album Flaming Pie.
McCartney was “my teenage hero and inspired me to play,” Barre says.

Make no mistake, all these have beens lap SPM’s balls

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 10:01 AM

How much you guys get? Lafayette got $425K for Duke BUT we had to pay for charter flights, hotel, meals etc. Anyways when there was a rumble we would possibly be playing at AP I had to look it up and saw not that far up 24 from Nashville. Also rumbles (before the Lehigh game) we might play at UT Martin. Now THAT is remote, NE of Memphis near KY line!

dbackjon
November 20th, 2023, 10:17 AM
Let's Go Peay!

Mocs123
November 20th, 2023, 10:30 AM
How much you guys get? Lafayette got $425K for Duke BUT we had to pay for charter flights, hotel, meals etc. Anyways when there was a rumble we would possibly be playing at AP I had to look it up and saw not that far up 24 from Nashville. Also rumbles (before the Lehigh game) we might play at UT Martin. Now THAT is remote, NE of Memphis near KY line!

$600K

Mocs123
November 20th, 2023, 10:43 AM
An interesting note to this game is this time next season we'll also be playing at Austin Peay, when the Mocs play an OOC game vs. the Govs to close out the 2024 regular season. The 2024 game is the return game for the 2021 game in Chattanooga.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2023, 10:46 AM
Matchup breakdown added to the first post.

Catamount87
November 20th, 2023, 12:06 PM
I voted for SoCon brethren, UTC but in reality I do feel they probably won't be able to pull it off.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 12:25 PM
$600K

Good collection...I saw score in paper and was like oh no. I like Chatty area. Went to Rock City. Im old enough to remember when NC was in Chatty for years! I actually went to NC in 2012 - first year there? I went first game of 2011 season to see Lafayette at NDSU. Made incredible friends, still txt and 2 of them came to Jersey Shore where I live the weekend when they went to Newark DE to see Bison at Hens. I toid them if they got to NC I would come! Yes I did and first NDSU FCS championship vs SHSU. True fact, ugh an OUTSTANDING frosh QB for Lafayette went home after 2019 win vs Lehigh due to Covid in March 2020. He lives in Texas. He entered portal and starts for SHSU, Keegan Shoemaker. Hey would love to do either UTC or Austin Peay games! Frankly both! LOVE playing folks we havent played before!

Milktruck74
November 20th, 2023, 12:36 PM

$600k and it is actually closer than many of our conference opponents...so a good place to play. Couple that with the fact that many of our kids have grown up as Bama, UGA, UT, Fans, It is a nice experience for them to get to play in one of those every other year or so. As for Clarksville, its not awful. Small town that is a little far outside of Nashville to call it a Suburb, but they do have the Army Base which does give the feel of a little bit bigger town. Nobody in the State of Tennessee would ever give directions to Martin and include Memphis as a starting place. They are completely separate worlds. As far apart as one could ever get...Well only 125 miles, but there is nothing but cotton fields and bottom land between them. THe only think Martin has to offer is that one can soak in all the culture of Paris and Milan...because Paris, Tn and Milan, TN are only a few miles away!!! I'm sure it is a hard place to recruit anything but big old corn fed kids!!!

Milktruck74
November 20th, 2023, 12:45 PM
Looking at the stats this looks to be a solid game on paper. It should be an exciting game of two well matched teams. Nothing too glaring that stood out on as a big discrepancy for either side, except APSU's put return average. I'd expect the Mocs will try to avoid letting them have a shot to return it....because that average is HUGE!!!!

Mocs123
November 20th, 2023, 12:50 PM
Jason Simpson (former UTC OC) has actually done a pretty good job at UT Martin - as I agree it's a tough place to recruit to.

SU DOG
November 20th, 2023, 12:56 PM
I can see why APSU is probably the favorite, but for some reason I think the Mocs will win this one. Maybe it is the SoCon bias in me, but I believe Mocs get the 'W'. I sure hope so and wish UTC good luck and hope you can do the conference proud.

wapiti
November 20th, 2023, 02:08 PM
Prediction:
Chatttown 22 AP 25

Karl Havoc
November 20th, 2023, 03:13 PM
Austin Peay is favored by 9.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2023, 03:30 PM
$600k and it is actually closer than many of our conference opponents...so a good place to play. Couple that with the fact that many of our kids have grown up as Bama, UGA, UT, Fans, It is a nice experience for them to get to play in one of those every other year or so. As for Clarksville, its not awful. Small town that is a little far outside of Nashville to call it a Suburb, but they do have the Army Base which does give the feel of a little bit bigger town. Nobody in the State of Tennessee would ever give directions to Martin and include Memphis as a starting place. They are completely separate worlds. As far apart as one could ever get...Well only 125 miles, but there is nothing but cotton fields and bottom land between them. THe only think Martin has to offer is that one can soak in all the culture of Paris and Milan...because Paris, Tn and Milan, TN are only a few miles away!!! I'm sure it is a hard place to recruit anything but big old corn fed kids!!!

74 I guess I better directions to UT Martin head north from Jackson

Mike296
November 21st, 2023, 01:35 AM
This has trap game written all over it for APSU…. I’ve watched all but one game this year. Throw those regular season stats out the window, Playoff football is a different beast that historically APSU just hasn’t been apart of. Yes we’ve been good the last 5 years or so relatively speaking, but before that APSU was an afterthought in FCS. If Chatty can shut down the Govs Passing attack, we don’t have that stellar of a run game to fall back on. It’s going to be an interesting game.

PaladinNation
November 21st, 2023, 05:22 AM
I'm also going to give kudos to the MOCS for making the playoffs.
Chatt is in the boat as Furman.
Both have strong defenses, and when both are healthy game-changers at QB.
I hope you guys get your QB back for this matchup.
I think the MOC D-Line gets after the APSU QB.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2023, 06:01 AM
This has trap game written all over it for APSU…. I’ve watched all but one game this year. Throw those regular season stats out the window, Playoff football is a different beast that historically APSU just hasn’t been apart of. Yes we’ve been good the last 5 years or so relatively speaking, but before that APSU was an afterthought in FCS. If Chatty can shut down the Govs Passing attack, we don’t have that stellar of a run game to fall back on. It’s going to be an interesting game.

Trap game? Really how can a playoff game be a trap game?

rtzlunar
November 21st, 2023, 06:57 AM
I'm also going to give kudos to the MOCS for making the playoffs.
Chatt is in the boat as Furman.
Both have strong defenses, and when both are healthy game-changers at QB.
I hope you guys get your QB back for this matchup.
I think the MOC D-Line gets after the APSU QB.

If the DL doesn’t pressure the AP quarterback he’ll light up the Chattanooga secondary.

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2023, 07:02 AM
If the DL doesn’t pressure the AP quarterback he’ll light up the Chattanooga secondary.
Watched a bit of APSU video last night. Looked a good bit like Samford on the too quick / chopped up vid available - was trying to find G-W @ APSU to kill 2 Birds (or Snakes or Trains…) with 1 viewing.

Anyway - Mocs beat Samford - they can impeach the Guv’s.

rtzlunar
November 21st, 2023, 07:03 AM
Have to say I was completely surprised to be able to buy a $15 general admission ticket to a playoff game. Thank you Austin Peay! Mocs haven’t been to the playoffs in 7 years but I don’t remember the tickets being that cheap. What are people paying elsewhere for playoff tickets?

ElCid
November 21st, 2023, 07:06 AM

Yeah, I smiled at that one.

I think AP will probably win, but Chatty is more than capable of handling them. Depends greatly on if Chatty is healthy enough. Pretty sure they held back playing some at Alabama to heal up a bit.

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2023, 07:06 AM
Have to say I was completely surprised to be able to buy a $15 general admission ticket to a playoff game. Thank you Austin Peay! Mocs haven’t been to the playoffs in 7 years but I don’t remember the tickets being that cheap. What are people paying elsewhere for playoff tickets?$20 at Mercer, $25 at Furman

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2023, 07:10 AM
Have to say I was completely surprised to be able to buy a $15 general admission ticket to a playoff game. Thank you Austin Peay! Mocs haven’t been to the playoffs in 7 years but I don’t remember the tickets being that cheap. What are people paying elsewhere for playoff tickets?

.....AH PAID......$39.......FO' SECTION J.............BRAWK!

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2023, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I smiled at that one.

I think AP will probably win, but Chatty is more than capable of handling them. Depends greatly on if Chatty is healthy enough. Pretty sure they held back playing some at Alabama to heal up a bit.
Also in the “trap game” snicker crowd. Maybe it was a joke and we are the ones who fell for it.

Anyway - haven’t watched Chatt @ Bama - prolly won’t.

We know Coach Wright (or his Players themselves…hard to know) once ‘held back’ his Players from potentially winning a SoCon Championship AND making, potentially, a deep Playoff run in order to ‘save’ them health-wise for the following season (which in hindsight seems like a less than astute decision)…so FUBeAR hopes he treated that game in Bryant-Denny last week as if it was a Tuesday spring practice scrimmage on the Mocs’ 1/2 a practice field, across the road, by the smelly creek.

He did … right? 2, maybe 3 series for the Starters in the 1st half, and 1, maybe 2 series in the 2nd half…right?

He did that…right?

Mike296
November 22nd, 2023, 01:44 AM

Probably not the best term to use but, this is a game that we probably should have the upper hand in but will probably lose because we didn’t take Chatty seriously.

The Cats
November 22nd, 2023, 03:04 PM
He was on the committee last year and it didn't help...Committee members have to leave the room when their schools are discussed. He probably helped Mercer more than he helped Chattanooga.

It's pretty obvious they made up for last year's snub of Chattanooga, otherwise the Mocs would not be in Round 1.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty obvious they made up for last year's snub of Chattanooga, otherwise the Mocs would not be in Round 1.

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2023, 04:00 PM
$45 for the NDSU game in Fargo.

gofurman
November 23rd, 2023, 12:43 AM
I’d agree if it wasn’t a red hot Alabama. I’d say there’s only 2-3 teams in FCS who would come within 40 of the Tide right now.

yes. I’m not a Chatt guy but cmon. One it’s ALABAMA. they beat most any fcs team by 40-60. Some by 70…Case closed

side bar I don’t think utc played their starting QB vs Alabama. Name is Artopeus. Hope he is ok

SoCon has had a bad run. Last year Samford lost top 3 FCS QB Heirs right before playoffs. And they still won a game. Hope utc qb plays. Furman qb didn’t play last week either.

anyway hopefully ALL 24 teams are pretty healthy

- - - Updated - - -

gofurman
November 23rd, 2023, 12:54 AM
Good collection...I saw score in paper and was like oh no. I like Chatty area. Went to Rock City. Im old enough to remember when NC was in Chatty for years! I actually went to NC in 2012 - first year there? I went first game of 2011 season to see Lafayette at NDSU. Made incredible friends, still txt and 2 of them came to Jersey Shore where I live the weekend when they went to Newark DE to see Bison at Hens. I toid them if they got to NC I would come! Yes I did and first NDSU FCS championship vs SHSU. True fact, ugh an OUTSTANDING frosh QB for Lafayette went home after 2019 win vs Lehigh due to Covid in March 2020. He lives in Texas. He entered portal and starts for SHSU, Keegan Shoemaker. Hey would love to do either UTC or Austin Peay games! Frankly both! LOVE playing folks we havent played before!

national title was in Chatt LOOOONG before then. Montana beat my Furman paladins (missing Walter Payton winner!! Louis Ivory who ran for over 300 yards vs Georgia Southern) in chatty in 2001

I don’t know when the NC started there but it was there in 2001. Fun fact. RICHEST PLAYER from that game?

Furman’s Billy Napier at QB now making 7 million a year at Florida as head coach. Heck. Living the dream. If he gets fired he’ll have made 27 million or so from Florida plus all the monies (few million?) he made coaching Louisiana

i can only wish. 30 MILLION and that’s if he gets fired. Crazy.

gofurman
November 23rd, 2023, 01:05 AM

chill. It’s so hard to read tone on text or type. I do hate that

hope y’all do well. Good luck and no hard feelings

go SoCon

apaladin
November 23rd, 2023, 01:32 AM
$45 for the NDSU game in Fargo.

$25 GA visitors side. $25-$45 home side at Furman.$200 for club seats.

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2023, 01:35 AM
national title was in Chatt LOOOONG before then. Montana beat my Furman paladins (missing Walter Payton winner!! Louis Ivory who ran for over 300 yards vs Georgia Southern) in chatty in 2001
Louis Ivory played against Montana in the 2001 National Championship game, but he shouldn’t have. He was, essentially, playing on 1 leg…severely crippling Furman’s vaunted rushing attack, limiting it to about 1/2 of its usual production, as we can see below.

RUSHING
No.
Gain
Loss
Net
TD
Lg
Avg.

Louis Ivory

Totals...

Ivory averaged about 24 attempts for about 140 yards / game (nearly 6 ypc) before his injury.

He was injured late in the 1st round game vs. WKU and had not played the 2 weeks prior to the Championship (vs. Lehigh & @ GaSou). We can see, below, what his contribution had been in the recent weeks before his injury. Very different than vs. Montana.

RUSHING
gsu
wof
utc
pc
wku
lu
gsu
mon

Louis Ivory TB
23-122/1
23-198/4
28-158/1
34-176/4
33-170/0
DNP
DNP
12-33/0

It was a tragedy for Furman that our Walter Payton Award Winner was unable to play anywhere to near his capabilities in that so important game…and the ‘next man up’ for Furman just wasn’t a Walter Payton Award Winner. Those are few and far between.

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2023, 07:56 AM
$25 GA visitors side. $25-$45 home side at Furman.$200 for club seats.I thought all seats in the playoffs had to be priced the same, maybe I dreamt that but every seat, from the front row, to the nose bleed sections on the sidelines are 45 and all endzone seats are 35.

gofurman
November 24th, 2023, 09:17 AM
Louis Ivory played against Montana in the 2001 National Championship game, but he shouldn’t have. He was, essentially, playing on 1 leg…severely crippling Furman’s vaunted rushing attack, limiting it to about 1/2 of its usual production, as we can see below.

RUSHING
No.
Gain
Loss
Net
TD
Lg
Avg.

Louis Ivory

Totals...

Ivory averaged about 24 attempts for about 140 yards / game (nearly 6 ypc) before his injury.

He was injured late in the 1st round game vs. WKU and had not played the 2 weeks prior to the Championship (vs. Lehigh & @ GaSou). We can see, below, what his contribution had been in the recent weeks before his injury. Very different than vs. Montana.

RUSHING
gsu
wof
utc
pc
wku
lu
gsu
mon

Louis Ivory TB
23-122/1
23-198/4
28-158/1
34-176/4
33-170/0
DNP
DNP
12-33/0

It was a tragedy for Furman that our Walter Payton Award Winner was unable to play anywhere to near his capabilities in that so important game…and the ‘next man up’ for Furman just wasn’t a Walter Payton Award Winner. Those are few and far between.

you are right. now I remember watching him gimp and thinking "WHY IS HE PLAYING?" !!! Oone of the few (only ) time I may have known more than Bobby Johnson. A lot of people agreed he shouldn't have been playing. Including a guy pretty high up on our sideline. Anyway... I will never understand that decision.

ElCid
November 24th, 2023, 09:34 AM
yes. I’m not a Chatt guy but cmon. One it’s ALABAMA. they beat most any fcs team by 40-60. Some by 70…Case closed

side bar I don’t think utc played their starting QB vs Alabama. Name is Artopeus. Hope he is ok

SoCon has had a bad run. Last year Samford lost top 3 FCS QB Heirs right before playoffs. And they still won a game. Hope utc qb plays. Furman qb didn’t play last week either.

anyway hopefully ALL 24 teams are pretty healthy

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I love how some think "they" would do better against some of these top P5. Those games are not a good gauge for much. You never know what the P5 coach and team is going to do. Either step on the gas, get some playing time for the depth, the players heads may not be in it, trying different schemes, etc. All because they know they can probably win in the end. When lightning does strike in a FCS/FBS game, it's because the game got away from an unsuspecting FBS team too fast and the ball bounced favorably. If a team like Alabama put their mind to it, NO FCS team could keep it within 40.

ncspiderfan
November 24th, 2023, 01:03 PM
$20 to $30 Spiders, depending on proximity to 50-yard line.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2023, 02:20 PM

I don’t know when the NC started there but it was there in 2001. Fun fact. RICHEST PLAYER from that game?

Furman’s Billy Napier at QB now making 7 million a year at Florida as head coach. Heck. Living the dream. If he gets fired he’ll have made 27 million or so from Florida plus all the monies (few million?) he made coaching Louisiana

i can only wish. 30 MILLION and that’s if he gets fired. Crazy.

My error Furman - I forgot to put I went to NC game 2012 in FRISCO. It was either first or second year there. Yeah I recall it was in Chatty for YEARS. Whats amazing is if you dial up Wiki page on FCS NC check out the MYRIAD locations (really bizarre ones like Pocatello ID) before settling at Chatty!

gofurman
November 24th, 2023, 04:39 PM
My error Furman - I forgot to put I went to NC game 2012 in FRISCO. It was either first or second year there. Yeah I recall it was in Chatty for YEARS. Whats amazing is if you dial up Wiki page on FCS NC check out the MYRIAD locations (really bizarre ones like Pocatello ID) before settling at Chatty!

- - - Updated - - -

Pocatello is THE BEST !!!!!!!!!

"In 1988, Furman won national title in football

Judith Bainbridge
Columnist

IP

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/gcdn/-mm-/4267300abeed5ca87134cdb1c1099c402452099e/c=0-0-3991-5322/local/-/media/2017/11/11/CarolinaGroup/Greenville/636460088414279213-The-Greenville-News-Mon-Dec-19-1988-.jpg?width=300&height=401&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

When the Furman football team chartered jet arrived at GSP from Pocatello, Idaho, on Dec. 18, 1988, the words came over the plane’s public address system:

“Welcome to Greenville, South Carolina. Home of the 1988 1-AA Football Champions!”"

Mocs123
November 24th, 2023, 05:23 PM
2008 was the last year the National Championship was in Chattanooga.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 07:04 PM
2008 was the last year the National Championship was in Chattanooga.

No it was 2009

Villanova over Montana 23-21

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2023, 08:22 PM
No it was 2009

Villanova over Montana 23-21

...........DELAWARE/E. WASHIN'TON......2010....FIRST FCS CHAMPIONSHIP.......IN FRISCO........AWK!

Tuna85
November 25th, 2023, 08:55 AM
North Alabama fan here. We played both Chatty and Peay...beat the former and lost to the latter. Should be a heck of a game. Kind of fond of that team on the other end of the river from us and hope for many a Tennessee River rivalry game in the future. Today, however, is the debut of the UAC in the playoffs. So UAC, UAC, UAC...Go Peay! Looking forward to our growing rivalry with the Govs and will be tuned in to ESPN+. Maybe this time next year I can upgrade my cheer to UAC, UAC, UAC...ROAR LIONS!!!

The Cats
November 25th, 2023, 10:42 AM
I'm all in for the SoCon teams. Go Mocs, Beat AP.

Milktruck74
November 25th, 2023, 11:28 AM
North Alabama fan here. We played both Chatty and Peay...beat the former and lost to the latter. Should be a heck of a game. Kind of fond of that team on the other end of the river from us and hope for many a Tennessee River rivalry game in the future. Today, however, is the debut of the UAC in the playoffs. So UAC, UAC, UAC...Go Peay! Looking forward to our growing rivalry with the Govs and will be tuned in to ESPN+. Maybe this time next year I can upgrade my cheer to UAC, UAC, UAC...ROAR LIONS!!!

Two points to consider....the Mocs hadn't played a down of football, and tUNA had a whole game under their belt. Second, y'all had a WR that had an All-American game against the Mocs....not much before or after...but that was HIS GAME!!!!

And, now since preparation is over...this Mocs Offense will look quite similar to the one that face Alabama!

Tuna85
November 25th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Two points to consider....the Mocs hadn't played a down of football, and tUNA had a whole game under their belt. Second, y'all had a WR that had an All-American game against the Mocs....not much before or after...but that was HIS GAME!!!!

And, now since preparation is over...this Mocs Offense will look quite similar to the one that face Alabama!

Both points well noted. 👏 Should still be a heck of a game. I look at this game from a UAC versus SoCon perspective and so Go Peay of the UAC.

Milktruck74
November 25th, 2023, 01:28 PM
Both points well noted.  Should still be a heck of a game. I look at this game from a UAC versus SoCon perspective and so Go Peay of the UAC.

And the SoCon started in 1921 and gave birth to the SEC and ACC...and the UAC will dissolve in 2026...So, there is that!!!

rtzlunar
November 25th, 2023, 02:17 PM
Vintage Chattanooga special teams. Unnecessary roughness on the opening kickoff on a fair catch. Then a false start on the 38 when we were going to have a QB pooch punt. Then the regular punter hits a 16 yard punt.

Milktruck74
November 25th, 2023, 03:06 PM
Mocs Freshman QB liiks like a guy that has been playing for years...Mocs find some big holes in the run game...

Milktruck74
November 25th, 2023, 03:22 PM
give that to 94...he was just in the way!!!!

Milktruck74
November 25th, 2023, 03:32 PM
Freshman QB makes a bad decision and tosses a Int in the endzone...the target on the 4 strips the ball and takes it in for the TD....Mocs will head into the locker room 21-7 with NO QUESTION as to who is the better team today!!!

Mocs123
November 25th, 2023, 03:40 PM
I know there is a lot of football left to be played, but other than that one long run, the Mocs dominated the first half.

Tuna85
November 25th, 2023, 04:32 PM
And the SoCon started in 1921 and gave birth to the SEC and ACC...and the UAC will dissolve in 2026...So, there is that!!!
Having lived in Alabama for all my many years, I am very familiar with the Southern Conference; those who have moved on and those who remain. Regarding the UAC and 2026, football politics is insane, we will see. Meantime, I will enjoy the grass on my side of the fence and enjoy the challenges and rivalry. By the way, that was a wild interception/take away. Chatty looking good but it ain't over till....

Mocs123
November 25th, 2023, 04:52 PM
Peay outplaying the Mocs in the second half. Tied up at 21 all.

Hopefully we can close this one out, but it's an accomplishment to be in this game with our best four players out (and our starting kicker FWIW).

Chalupa Batman
November 25th, 2023, 05:13 PM
Dumb for Austin Peay not calling timeouts at the end here. Might not matter if Chatty has a 1st down.

CrunchGriz
November 25th, 2023, 05:15 PM

RUSHING
No.
Gain
Loss
Net
TD
Lg
Avg.

Louis Ivory

Totals...

RUSHING
gsu
wof
utc
pc
wku
lu
gsu
mon

Louis Ivory TB
23-122/1
23-198/4
28-158/1
34-176/4
33-170/0
DNP
DNP
12-33/0

Interesting that you can make all the excuses in the world for why you lost the 2001 championship game to Montana because of one player, while simultaneously saying that Montana has no explanation for why they lost to Northern Arizona this year when half of the Griz roster was down with the flu and COVID that week. Bit of a double standard.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2023, 05:19 PM
Mocs win on a walk-off FG!

OrangeAndBlack
November 25th, 2023, 05:19 PM
Great day for the Mocs and the SoCon! Good work Chattanooga!

Tuna85
November 25th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Heck of a game!

OL FU
November 25th, 2023, 07:58 PM
Congrats to the Mocs. three Socon teams in the final 16

rtzlunar
November 25th, 2023, 10:06 PM
Chattanooga’s horrendous special teams kept Peay in the game.

Averaged only 33 yards a punt. Gave up a 70 yard kickoff return to start the 3rd quarter that resulted in a Peay TD. Kicked another kickoff out of bounds. Took an unnecessary roughness penalty while we let a kick land in the end zone. And missed 2 field goals. So the special teams was a minus -13 points before making the winning kick.

Mocs had 23 first downs to Peay’s 13. 422 yards to 300. 35 minutes time of possession to 25. And the UTC freshman quarterback (Cool Hand Luke) completely outplayed DiLiello (finalist for the Walter Payton Award) with 259 passing yards to 107.

gofurman
November 25th, 2023, 10:20 PM
Chattanooga’s horrendous special teams kept Peay in the game.

Averaged only 33 yards a punt. Gave up a 70 yard kickoff return to start the 3rd quarter that resulted in a Peay TD. Kicked another kickoff out of bounds. Took an unnecessary roughness penalty while we let a kick land in the end zone. And missed 2 field goals. So the special teams was a minus -13 points before making the winning kick.

Mocs had 23 first downs to Peay’s 13. 422 yards to 300. 35 minutes time of possession to 25. And the UTC freshman quarterback (Cool Hand Luke) completely outplayed DiLiello (finalist for the Walter Payton Award) with 259 passing yards to 107.

I didn’t watch but explain to me how a Walter Payton QB throws for about 110 yards? And a freshman backup qb hits for 259? And UTC lost 5he SoCon Defensive player of the year in q3??? And missing their All America running back Aliym Ford.

and AT Austin Peay. What the heck.

gofurman
November 25th, 2023, 10:28 PM
Mocs Freshman QB liiks like a guy that has been playing for years...Mocs find some big holes in the run game...

milktruck. Mocs123 etc

who is out or iffy for y’all???

ailym ford great RB is out. That’s a given right?

artopeus held kicks today but not at qb?

Jay Person left game in q3 and did not return ?

obviously our starting OG is out. The big questions which killed us vs Woff were Huff and Roberto as all conferences QB and all conference RB. Out v Woff and really change our offense

Mocs123
November 26th, 2023, 06:51 AM
milktruck. Mocs123 etc

obviously our starting OG is out. The big questions which killed us vs Woff were Huff and Roberto as all conferences QB and all conference RB. Out v Woff and really change our offense

Ford is out for sure - torn ACL. From what I understand our All-SoCon safety Ruben Lowery is out for the year - not sure what the injury is. Artopeous was dressed for the Bama and Austin Peay games - and did throw some in practice, so he may or may not be back for the Furman game (I think it was an injury from the (first) Furman game when he scrambled and took a hit getting a first down. He spent some time in the medical tent, but did return to the game). Jay Pearson was in a sling with no shoulder pads most of the second half - I have no idea what his injury is or if he'll be back for Furman - maybe we find out something this week.

kdinva
November 26th, 2023, 09:11 AM
Freshman QB makes a bad decision and tosses a Int in the endzone...the target on the 4 strips the ball and takes it in for the TD....Mocs will head into the locker room 21-7 with NO QUESTION as to who is the better team today!!!

was that a jaw-dropping play or what......and if not for the strip and score, how does the final five minutes play out?

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2023, 12:12 PM
milktruck. Mocs123 etc

I got no inside knowledge on this, but I would expect to see the same team that played at APSU. Person will be back, it'll take something huge to keep him off the field. Luke starts at QB. Lowery is out. Ford is out. It sucks to not have everyone available, but it is the mark of a quality football team to be able to keep playing at a high level when the first team guys go out.

- - - Updated - - -

milktruck. Mocs123 etc

I got no inside knowledge on this, but I would expect to see the same team that played at APSU. Person will be back, it'll take something huge to keep him off the field. Luke starts at QB. Lowery is out. Ford is out. It sucks to not have everyone available, but it is the mark of a quality football team to be able to keep playing at a high level when the first team guys go out.

- - - Updated - - -

milktruck. Mocs123 etc

Catamount87
November 27th, 2023, 09:30 AM
Well done Mocs!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2023, 05:48 AM
Watched a bit of APSU video last night. Looked a good bit like Samford on the too quick / chopped up vid available - was trying to find G-W @ APSU to kill 2 Birds (or Snakes or Trains…) with 1 viewing.

Anyway - Mocs beat Samford - they can impeach the Guv’s.

Someone picked Austin Peay in the playoff pickem

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2023, 06:15 AM
“Someone” is FUBeAR Jr. - OD’ing on L-Tryptophan, FUBeAR was advised by his personal physician to just let Jr. make the picks.

Note: the new Mr. Little Miss FUBeAR, in his 3 year transition, is not yet playoff eligible.

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2023, 07:12 AM

I mean, it wasn't a bad pick...who would have thought a Payton award finalist that was throwing for 300 yards a game would be held to a measly 110...especially after watching what was done to the Mocs in the previous weeks.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2023, 08:47 AM
I mean, it wasn't a bad pick...who would have thought a Payton award finalist that was throwing for 300 yards a game would be held to a measly 110...especially after watching what was done to the Mocs in the previous weeks.

certainly not the self proclaimed the Bear of little brain 🧠 😂

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2023, 08:59 AM
certainly not the self proclaimed the Bear of little brain 易 No, No, No - FUBeAR Jr. is a Bear of BIG, BIG BRAIN.

He missed this one. He was off this week. Musta been the Mercer Bears being in the Playoffs for the 1st time had his internal algorithms rattled.

If FUBeAR had just accepted Jr.'s picks in the Regular Season Pick'em, he woulda smoked C-USAHen by double-digits.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2023, 05:51 AM
No, No, No - FUBeAR Jr. is a Bear of BIG, BIG BRAIN.

He missed this one. He was off this week. Musta been the Mercer Bears being in the Playoffs for the 1st time had his internal algorithms rattled.

If FUBeAR had just accepted Jr.'s picks in the Regular Season Pick'em, he woulda smoked C-USAHen by double-digits.

Comes a time in every Fathers life when he must realize and accept it’s time to hand over the reigns and FuBeaR…. It’s time

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2023, 06:09 AM
Comes a time in every Fathers life when he must realize and accept it’s time to hand over the reigns and FuBeaR…. It’s time
So…you’re saying that it’s your opinion for what its worth that FUBeAR’s reign has ended and it’s time to hand over the reins, now, while we are expecting rain for the @ FU Playoff game this Saturday. Nah, gonna have to rein in that idea you’re espousing. It’s not time for FUBeAR Jr. to spell FUBeAR just yet.