PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 12, Fall 2023

Chalupa Batman
November 18th, 2023, 07:45 PM
Pinch hitting for Preferred Walk-On this week getting out the HTF thread. One game involving a top 25 team still going on and I will update when it is finished. If you notice any mistakes let me know and I will get them corrected.

If you thought last weeks results made your poll voting hard AF, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_3BtYySBLocN1YYdGZqZofhL70vmexSEGwgd6yna4y8/edit#gid=279024685) to see how much more F'd up it's going to be after this week! xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2023, 08:19 PM
The poll is open, email sent, thread posted, so get on it folks. I don't think the Idaho game is in any doubt.

smilo
November 18th, 2023, 11:42 PM
Thank you for filling in!

Never thought a full regular season would still result in such difficulty. Few considerations from me:
I really thought UC-Davis was going to be safely in the field from a late win vs a quality team with a similar record, but after further review, I don't think so. Look at that resume. I cannot even find a spot for that in my top 25. They aren't the first team off my list. They might not even be the second. I'm going to call this a homefield win and nothing more.

Delaware still has zero resume to speak of and is now in the SoCon 7-4 jumble for me. That's how bad some of the CAA scheduling is. 3rd string QB or not, they were manhandled, and there were some signs of it early if Nova didn't keep shooting themselves in the foot.

I had Richmond as my #25 last week and NCCU unranked following the ugly loss. Comparing resumes, this cannot be the case. NCCU has to be ranked better.

Yale > Harvard > Holy Cross >>>>>> Yale. I think I needed to find a spot for all three tbqh. I will consider HC's close losses in their favor for my ranking even if the playoff committee won't/shouldn't.

A lot of takes of APSU to be #10, but don't forget SIU beat them! The Valley should really hoard the top of half of the poll spots.

ElCid
November 18th, 2023, 11:53 PM
I had Richmond as my #25 last week and NCCU unranked following the ugly loss. Comparing resumes, this cannot be the case. NCCU has to be ranked better.

So what was your tipping point for this decision? NCCU having the Massey #99 of 128 SOS. Or the West Salem win? They are close no doubt, but NCCU doesn't have to be ranked higher for a few reasons.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Pinch hitting for Preferred Walk-On this week getting out the HTF thread. One game involving a top 25 team still going on and I will update when it is finished. If you notice any mistakes let me know and I will get them corrected.

If you thought last weeks results made your poll voting hard AF, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_3BtYySBLocN1YYdGZqZofhL70vmexSEGwgd6yna4y8/edit#gid=279024685) to see how much more F'd up it's going to be after this week! xlolx

Manny Batman Chalupa Mota

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 08:21 AM

.........1958.....DAVE PHILLY.....PLAYIN' FO' PHILLY.....HAD 18 PINCH HITS..........INCLUDIN' MLB RECORD......9 STRAIGHT.........8 IN '58......AN' ONE IN FIRST GAME UH...'59.......RECORD STILL STANDS.......BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2023, 08:49 AM
Less than 1 hr. to get your ballot in voters so please hurry if you have not submitted.

SeattleCat
November 19th, 2023, 09:24 AM
In with 7 mins to spare :)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2023, 09:30 AM
And a mistake. I fixed it though it was a pretty obvious fix.

smilo
November 19th, 2023, 12:15 PM
So what was your tipping point for this decision? NCCU having the Massey #99 of 128 SOS. Or the West Salem win? They are close no doubt, but NCCU doesn't have to be ranked higher for a few reasons.

Beating Morgan State on the road when Richmond lost at home and sharing a best win in Elon. Hampton and Howard just about equally bad losses. Richmond really just barely eking out two road games: Stony Brook being especially pathetic.
Doesn't have to be in that order, but I think the results speak towards having NCCU ahead.