PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: ASU FANS

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Has anyone heard any news. This is big time, if you have you will know what im talking about. I would say but, if its not true i don't want to speculate. PM me if you are an ASU fan, if you know or would like to hear what i heard.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Sounds like they opened a moonshine speak easy under Murphy's.....

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Has anyone heard any news. This is big time, if you have you will know what im talking about. I would say but, if its not true i don't want to speculate. PM me if you are an ASU fan, if you know or would like to hear what i heard.

Why not leave your message boards for your rumors and the main FCS board for FCS discussions?

tke504oa
December 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Penny Draft at Savanah Joe's? .... (man I miss that place)xbeerchugx

SuperEagle
December 11th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I heard ASU was hot,hot,hot. (kidding)

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I wouldn't need to PM someone to find out about that ........didn't you hear it is all over youtube!!! ;)

furman94
December 11th, 2007, 07:30 PM
So... We're all left hangin', whats the stuff?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM

What's that you say? There's gonna be a sequel? Oh man, I can't wait!

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM
What's that you say? There's gonna be a sequel? Oh man, I can't wait!

It will be shown Friday 8pm ET on ESPN 2!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2007, 07:45 PM
It will be shown Friday 8pm ET on ESPN 2!!!

I wouldn't miss it for the world. Either version, I mean.

APPALACHIANstate
December 11th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Armanti cut his hair? I dunno...

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Armanti cut his hair? I dunno...
LOL, don't cut it, it looks awesome trailing behind him when he takes off at 50mph.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM
has he said what it is to anybody?

jonmac
December 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM
has he said what it is to anybody?

I PM'd him, haven't heard back.

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
He told me through PM, but I agree that it shouldn't be posted until its confirmed. Because it could cause a lot of unnecessary crap on here.

Appstnole21
December 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Yea I havent heard anything back either.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
He told me through PM, but I agree that it shouldn't be posted until its confirmed. Because it could cause a lot of unnecessary crap on here.

does it involve the university or the game?

appman111
December 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
For those freaking out like I did and assuming the worst, its not a huge deal. If its true we'll hear soon enough.

Appstnole21
December 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
For those freaking out like I did and assuming the worst, its not a huge deal. If its true we'll hear soon enough.

Can you PM me and let me know what the news is?

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM
so the bus didnt wreck on the way to chatty or nothing like that then? he makes it sound like the game is cancelled

Polloloco
heard something about a 'Beat the Chikin' promotion at Chick-fil-a for ticketholders .. Heard they can't give those coupons away. Nasty stuff, that Chickin

thmst30
Its not a HUGE deal, but if true it is a pretty big deal.

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
so the bus didnt wreck on the way to chatty or nothing like that then? he makes it sound like the game is cancelled
No thats honestly exactly what I though when I first read it, I was thinking about the worst possible crap it could have been. Thank GOD thats not it.

jonmac
December 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
OK, this is killing me. Someone PM me. I'll agree to keep it to myself until confirmed.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
if its true, it wouldnt suprise me much.

mtnralum
December 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Me too! This is going to drive me crazy until I hear what's going on. Can someone please PM me the news?

ASUG8
December 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Let me know too.

jonmac
December 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks, sealed until official.

mtoliver
December 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM
They must have re-evaluated their invites to the outback bowl... was set to be Tebow vs. UM. Now it's gonna be Tebow vs. AE...

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM
if you have not heard pm me again, i had a mad rush on those, and i though i got to every one. The game is not going to be canceled or anything like that. And no one has died,

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM
They must have re-evaluated their invites to the outback bowl... was set to be Tebow vs. UM. Now it's gonna be Tebow vs. AE...

That would be nice, very nice. But no. xsmhx

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Asudan, you do know if your wrong you will catch a ton of hell right. Just a fair warning.xthumbsupx Of course I hope you are wrong, sorry.:D

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
if he is wrong it certainly will be a big deal, and rep points will go down for sure for causin heartattacks.....but folks, knowing the situation from a first hand account, it really wouldnt suprise me.

NC Mountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I heard this rumor today as well, so asudan you are not alone.

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 08:34 PM
i will take the neg rep points..i hope i am wrong. I just thought you would like to know before the rest of the FCS world if it is true

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:34 PM
i got one of my roommates callin somebody who would DEFINATELY know, ill let you know the closest conformation possible, as soon as possible.

ASUG8
December 11th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the responses - my lips are sealed.

asudan22
I heard this rumor today as well, so asudan you are not alone.

good to know

KiddBrewer
i will take the neg rep points..i hope i am wrong. I just thought you would like to know before the rest of the FCS world if it is true

i was just kiddin, i wont dock ya any, its what these boards are for, speculation.

appman111
December 11th, 2007, 08:37 PM
this needs to be said again...for those of you who assumed the worst like myself or are just looking to hear some good gossip, you'll be underwhelmed. nothing mindblowing.

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:37 PM
i got one of my roommates callin somebody who would DEFINATELY know, ill let you know the closest conformation possible, as soon as possible.
PLEASE do, my former dormmate works for the team, but I can't get a hold of him right now. Actually my uncle has every tie possible to the team so he would know, but I don't want to bother him. Hes just like that you know.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Well I'm speculating and waiting but I'm guessing it's probably not that Armanti Edwards was found to be doing steroids, so who got arrested? I'm a Montana fan so this is where my mind goes first.

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Well I'm speculating and waiting but I'm guessing it's probably not that Armanti Edwards was found to be doing steroids, so who got arrested? I'm a Montana fan so this is where my mind goes first.

No it has to be Edwards is on roids, just look at him. That dude is one huge ripped beast. xnodx

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
yea thats it, armanti is being forced to testify in the balco scandal

APP91
December 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
this needs to be said again...for those of you who assumed the worst like myself or are just looking to hear some good gossip, you'll be underwhelmed. nothing mindblowing.

Then what the F--- is it???

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
No it has to be Edwards is on roids, just look at him. That dude is one huge ripped beast. xnodx

He is an obvious Greek Adonis, but he looks like he did it naturally.

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
its true

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I really dont know if it is true or not, when I posted this i thought everyone was kidding.

its true

tke504oa
December 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Is it something like Injun Joe is ticklish... (old Bugs Bunny Cartoon Reference)

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:03 PM
good grief, post the rumors on the MMB.

And for everyone else, what they are talking about is on the MMB,.

jonmac
December 11th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Dude, title of thread is ATTN: ASU FANS.

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2007, 09:06 PM
It could be huge depending on the reasoning. But its really not the end of the world.
But yes, it needs to be kept off the Message Boards before it is confirmed.

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Dude, title of thread is ATTN: ASU FANS.

Dude,

The I-AA board is not for school rumors and stuff like this until the announcement is made.

Do you want to read about rumors from all 128 schools all the time here? Each in a thread by itself???

Unless you just want me to post what is said on the MMB.

Sheesh

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
It could be huge depending on the reasoning. But its really not the end of the world.
But yes, it needs to be kept off the Message Boards before it is confirmed.
Yep, I'm hoping if its true that it was not a serious reason, maybe something small but still it had to happen.

jonmac
December 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Dude,

The I-AA board is not for school rumors and stuff like this until the announcement is made.

Do you want to read about rumors from all 128 schools all the time here? Each in a thread by itself???

Unless you just want me to post what is said on the MMB.

Sheesh

If the title is ATTN: PHOENIX FANS I may read posts but you will not find me butting in. This is about football stuff and there are many discussions of rumors here ie the many coaching threads. I just don't understand why you feel you must make yourself part of this conversation and critique it. Your posts have nothing to do with the subject of the conversation anyway. I'm done.

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM
i know i sound stupid but can some one tell me what and where is mmb

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
i know i sound stupid but can some one tell me what and where is mmb

what an idiot, everybody knows what MMB is.......tell him boys.....xsmhx :( xthumbsupx

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM
sorry im new to this stuff

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
ha i dont know what it is either, and im not that new....

Skjellyfetti
http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/

NC Mountaineer
Mountaineer Message Board

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM
thanks

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Mountaineer Message Board. Too bad its run on some old ass crappy forum software. We need a better place.http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?msg=20202.1

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Mountaineer Message Board. Too bad its run on some old ass crappy forum software. We need a better place.http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?msg=20202.1

appcountry.com is another, just FYI.

And for the others. Rumors of coaching changes are just that, filled with the rumor not.....

O NOZ, SOMETHING HAPPENED AND I CAN'T SAY

EVERYONE PANIX

NC Mountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM
appcountry.com is another, just FYI.

And for the others. Rumors of coaching changes are just that, filled with the rumor not.....

EVERYONE PANIX

the point of forums is to speculate and share information with those of a shared interest...so why are you bashing this topic?

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM
the point of forums is to speculate and share information with those of a shared interest...so why are you bashing this topic?

Because there is NO information in this one.

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM

well then hop on over to another one app fanxthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 09:31 PM
could be more of an issue of team morale than anything

gophoenix
well then hop on over to another one app fanxthumbsupx

Not sure what that means, but I (and hopefully all SoCon people) are App fans this week. I put it all behind me in situations like this.

sc'neer
For better or worse, two names have been outed on MMB.

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
One guy says he is 100% sure on MMB

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Um guys - names have been posted...

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Not sure what that means, but I (and hopefully all SoCon people) are App fans this week. I put it all behind me in situations like this.

Sorry, you just kept complaining about this thread so I told you to just visit another one, glad you are pullin for us.

93henfan
December 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Justin Woazeah, starting DB: http://www.goasu.com/football/roster/1608/

Chris Johnson, backup LB, special teamer: http://www.goasu.com/football/roster/1954/

DISCLAIMER: IT'S ONLY RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Still no news on what they did? Drugs, arrested, anything known? Its just so hard to believe that a senior starter would get himslef kicked off the team a couple of days before his last game ever, which just so happens to be for a potential historic 3rd straight title. Wow, he must have no brains at all, I would expect all of them to be focused and on their 100% best behavior.

SuperEagle
December 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I heard the rumor and my source tells me it's true. The nCAA committee, in an effort to secure a title for the CAA, has decided to let Ricky Santos and UNH play Delaware for the National Title. They claim App has won enough aleady and it's time to let Ricky get a chance for one.
Any of you App fans holding tickets may want to sell them to the 5 UNH fans that would likely go to the game. xthumbsupx

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Who started this rumor? Where did they hear it from? We need to get to the source!
Hahaha I love how rumors can spread so quickly!

UDBlueLotFan
December 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
One guy says he is 100% sure on MMB

So what did these guys do? Pick up some "coin-operated" MOC girls? xeyebrowx

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry, you just kept complaining about this thread so I told you to just visit another one, glad you are pullin for us.

I am just saying, you really want to keep rumors like this "in the family" and off the national scene is all. These are still kids and students first in our division. And doing this really can run a long way to discredit a program or kids without having anything official to back it up.

NC Mountaineer
failed drug test

KiddBrewer
how the world is it ever gonna be confirmed, i would bout gaurentee word is never spoken of it if it is by anyone at app athletics. the only way we'll know, imo, is when they dont play friday.

93henfan
December 11th, 2007, 09:48 PM
So what did these guys do? Pick up some "coin-operated" MOC girls? xeyebrowx

I'm just passing along what the Deep Throats on App St's board are dishing.

Apparently the NCAA made a lot of guys pee in bottles after the App-EWU game and the results are in.

ucdtim17
December 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Great thread guys. Keep up the good work

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I'm just passing along what the Deep Throats on App St's board are dishing.

Apparently the NCAA made a lot of guys pee in bottles after the App-EWU game and the results are in.

If that is the case and they played against Richmond, what does that mean ultimately? Wouldn't that be playing with ineligible players?

93henfan
December 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
If that is the case and they played against Richmond, what does that mean ultimately? Wouldn't that be playing with ineligible players?

I sure as hell hope not. I don't want this to tarnish, in any way, an epic matchup slated for Friday. Just get those guys off the field, if it's true, and play ball.

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM

Oh boy.....what a rumor this is turning into

appman111
December 11th, 2007, 09:55 PM

lol

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Let me introduce you to your previous posts:

I am just saying, you really want to keep rumors like this "in the family" and off the national scene is all. These are still kids and students first in our division. And doing this really can run a long way to discredit a program or kids without having anything official to back it up.

EVERYONE PANIX

You're feeding the rumor as well, gophoenix.

gophoenix
December 11th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Oh boy.....what a rumor this is turning into

I am being serious, I don't know what the rule is. And after all that poking fun at our QB cheating and getting kicked out over the summer, you have to expect some criticism.

APPride
Justin Woazeah, starting DB: http://www.goasu.com/football/roster/1608/

Chris Johnson, backup LB, special teamer: http://www.goasu.com/football/roster/1954/

DISCLAIMER: IT'S ONLY RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I have met Justin and he is a very, very humble kid. He impressed me to no end and this kills me if it's true. :(

AppStateMan
I don't want to be a part of this anymore...I'll just check with goasu.com in the morning. Goodnight!

bench
December 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM

If that was the case, the national champ every year would be the one team that didn't have anybody get caught. Not practical in a team sport.

NC Mountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM

from the NCAA Division I manual: a positive test results in a minimum loss of one-season of competition...the student will be ineligible for postseason play for 365 days after his/her positive drug test

appman111
December 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Woazeah and Chris Johnson are both gone.

Don't get too excited though, Delaware fans. Cortez Gilbert will fill in nicely.

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM
please forgive me if i'm wrong but if this is true.....will we have to forfeit the season?

appman111
December 11th, 2007, 10:00 PM
please forgive me if i'm wrong but if this is true.....will he have to forfeit the season?

Oh gosh no. Its just the players that get suspended. Our team, outside of these two guys and the players filling in for them, is not affected in the least. These two guys did a stupid thing, though. Got what they deserved.

APPALACHIANstate
December 11th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Tom Brady and Brett Favre were also thrown into the starting position. I hope some guys step up!

93henfan
Woazeah and Chris Johnson are both gone.

Don't get too excited though, Delaware fans. Cortez Gilbert will fill in nicely.

We're not. Trust me, we are excited to see a great game and don't want it tarnished in any way.

That being said, if any of you want to smoke a celebratory joint with Armanti after that huge win over Richmond, be my guest!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx

Lizzie_ASUband
ok, good...i guess i'm just thinking of high school stuff,....sorry!

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 10:05 PM
ha this is gettin a little out of control folks.

Mountain Man 2020
December 11th, 2007, 10:10 PM

Totally agree, GoPhoenix. This thread is garbage.

jonmac
December 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I don't think any program is immune to this anymore. Just depends on when the NCAA decides to test. And I am not at all condoning the use of banned/illegal substances. And we will never what it was. It's just a shame.

sc'neer
December 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM
It's not getting out of control, it is out of control. I can only do my part and not post on this thread anymore.
I think it's pretty obvious it's true but there's a game to play and the Blue Hennies still have to score 40 plus to beat us.
Just say no....to this thread.

asknoquarter21
December 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM
the rumor is true...100% true

we are still playing in the national championship

Gilbert is still a very good corner
He played very well when Jerome was out with his shoulder injury...

It doesn't change a whole lot.

only you wont be seeing 2 players playing friday night

ERASU2113
December 11th, 2007, 10:34 PM
What in the heck are you guys talking about? Shoot me a pm please :)

Wait nevermind, just read it on another board...least I think that must be what all the craziness is about

ERASU2113
December 11th, 2007, 10:47 PM
For the record, I have met Justin and he is a very, very humble kid. He impressed me to no end and this kills me if it's true. :(

Yea he's a great guy did a story on him before last year that I really liked and got to know him. He's humble and never let the success get to his head. He's been a starter since he was a freshman, it's horrible if he's gone. The way he carried himself on the field makes this hard to comprehend.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Yea he's a great guy did a story on him before last year that I really liked and got to know him. He's humble and never let the success get to his head. He's been a starter since he was a freshman, it's horrible if he's gone. The way he carried himself on the field makes this hard to comprehend.

ha he didnt kill anybody, or rob anybody, or hurt anybody....

ERASU2113
December 11th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I know but for him to possibly be gone for his last game of his career...just sucks for him right now

Random tests or not....it sucks xreadx

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I'll bet you more than 50% of college athletes have at least tried drugs, he just got caught in the act. Stupid of him, but the NCAA has NEVER taken away a win because 2 guys on the team tested + for drugs. Come on, thats just ridiculous to say. Plus they didn't get the results in time for last weeks game so its their fault he was allowed to play. Not that it would have made much of a difference, Gilbert is a solid DB as well. Its just sad to see ANY of our players creating bad pub, the team as a whole is a load of incredible kids with the nicest personalities and correct morals. All this really does is give APP haters something to talk **** about, hell its the ONLY semi-legitimate thing that they can talk **** about towards us. Can't wait to see some idiots try to make something huge out of this, like ALL APPYS ARE THUGS, THIS IS THE PROOF. Its coming, only a matter of time.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 11:05 PM
oh well.....wont bother me much, i know the players; we win games; we win championships. just like nobodys perfect, NO TEAM is perfect, not ours, not any team we win, no team. i think we'll hear some s*** when its confirmed. but we'll be alright, it will be forgotten. hopefully the good justin woazeah did for us will not be however. and....im still holding out hope that hes on the team.

asknoquarter21
December 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM
well hes not on the bus

appmountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 11:29 PM
bummer, oh well things happen... I like Cortez though so i'm not worried.

Grizo406
December 11th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Initially, I thought the rumor was going to be about Carpenter getting a "re-kick" in our game against Wofford!??!xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Sadly, it wasn't.

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Some say it is true. If so they will be punished accordingly. But for some reason I really find it hard to believe that he would take the risk during the playoffs. I would like to know how this "rumor" got started. Did someone hear that they were doing random drug tests and those players came up "fishy", did someone from the inside leak the information or is this some elaborate hoax. Until I see it from an article or on friday night I will hope for the best. If he is out I am confident in Gilbert and Love (even though he's a safety).

appman111
December 12th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Its definitely true. If he indeed did not make the trip with the team to Chattanooga he has got to be devastated right now. He's a complete idiot for smoking when he's a) going to college for free and b) during the playoffs, but I've met him and he is a great guy..I've gotta feel for him a little bit.

That said, Cortez Gilbert is the man. You couldn't even tell he was a backup when Touchstone was out.

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 12:47 AM
That said, Cortez Gilbert is the man. You couldn't even tell he was a backup when Touchstone was out.

That just shows depth. Does anyone know if the safety that left to go on a mission trip will be back... he was Lynch's backup and started last year when he was hurt. I want him back for next year!

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 12:51 AM
billy riddle...i dont know if he was planning to come back or not, most likely not, but possibly. weve got some good db's comin in next year. i think we'll be okay. hey we made up ok for wiggins leaving, we'll be okay. anyway, weve got a big game friday i think.....xcoffeex

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Yes we do and i will be sittin in some really good seats! I heard I got some better than some Yosef club members.. and i'm a student LoL

Blue Hen Nation
December 12th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Oh the drama

Richmond Mountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Unfortunately this story is in the Winston Salem Journal this morning. No details just that they didn't travel. Moore said he would comment later. No worries here. This team fills in where needed.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Ok boys I got the article:
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353830626&path=!sports!collegeteampages!appalachian!&s=1037645509234 (http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353830626&path=!sports!collegeteampages!appalachian!&s=1037645509234)

Since we do not know why this is true lets all not speculate. We had all sorts of issues within our team a few years ago and many never made the news. So until we know why these two are not on the bus lets sorta leave this issue alone. Gilbert will fill in nicely at corner so we should all just be upbeat he chose us over his many offers from BCS schools.

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
This will not hurt us ...

if you kno what I mean ;)

The Moody1
December 12th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I know but for him to possibly be gone for his last game of his career...just sucks for him right now

Random tests or not....it sucks xreadx

I don't believe there is anything random about the test. My understanding is, the NCAA requires every player to be tested after every play-off game.

Rekdiver
December 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
No comment from Coach Moore and I doubt other that "breaking unspecified team rules" we won't get official comment until after the title game. My guess is there will have to be additional confirmation by a second source which won't be confirmed or denied until too late for the title game. This could actually make the team more focused.

Also if it was a drug test do they test the Bowl teams before the Bowl's?

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
what a sad story...

justin truly is a great guy... i took a biology class with him back in 04 and he was just as nice as he could be and he really tried hard... if you all dont know his story it is an amazing one... grew up in Sudan? i believe and his family was royalty but had to flee to America to get away from the violence and just started playinig football in high school... great kid and if this is true i am sorry for him and i hope we all remember his legacy of all his great plays over the last four years of starting and not just this one instance...

boonegoon
December 12th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I don't believe there is anything random about the test. My understanding is, the NCAA requires every player to be tested after every play-off game.

AH HA!! So that's why the IVY league doesn't do the playoffs:)

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2007, 09:30 AM
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS07/71211155/1065

"Two players who didn’t travel with the team Tuesday night were starting cornerback Justin Woazeah and reserve linebacker Chris Johnson. Both were kept back for disciplinary reasons, according to coach Jerry Moore.

Moore said Woazeah’s and Johnson’s playing status for Friday’s game was undetermined."

???

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS07/71211155/1065

"Two players who didn’t travel with the team Tuesday night were starting cornerback Justin Woazeah and reserve linebacker Chris Johnson. Both were kept back for disciplinary reasons, according to coach Jerry Moore.

Moore said Woazeah’s and Johnson’s playing status for Friday’s game was undetermined."

???

Sounds like they will not be playing--but, you never know. If they did what has been speculated, then they should not be welcomed to play.

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I just saw Wozeah walking in the library at about 10:15 so I guess he's not gonna be playing. Considering the team is likely already beginning practice in Chattanooga.

APPALACHIANstate
December 12th, 2007, 09:52 AM
One time, Armanti didn't hold the door for me when I had my hands full walking out of the Library. It made me sad...

clpboyzzz
December 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with drug testing. The NCAA would release info on failed drug test and there would be no possibility of still playing!

biggie
December 12th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Could this be an exam problem and kinda blown out of poportion? Although not sure if that would be 'disiplinary actions'.

asudan22
December 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
My roommate has class with justin....they have an exam today, he's going to be on the look out for him, maybe get some inside news if he has enough balls to ask. But we shall see.

APPALACHIANstate
December 12th, 2007, 10:16 AM
My roommate has class with justin....they have an exam today, he's going to be on the look out for him, maybe get some inside news if he has enough balls to ask. But we shall see.

I really wouldn't ask the guy, let him be...

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I've got a Crim. Law exam with him at 3 so we'll see if he's there or not.

I really don't think we should have to worry about this situation. Gilbert is an awesome DB and can step and do just as good a job. Although this whole situation (if there even is one) does suck for Woazeah, he's a hard worker and I would hate to see him miss his last game of his college career especially with it being the NC game.:(

asudan22
December 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I really wouldn't ask the guy, let him be...

i really don't think he will

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 10:36 AM

spoogemcgee18
December 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
i believe and his family was royalty but had to flee to America to get away from the violence

I've always referred to him as the "Fresh Prince"

AppFanBC
December 12th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Heck I heard from a friend that they have a chartered flight for those two after they finish some exams. But who knows for sure?

WildcatFan
December 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM

Just a word of advise - if he does ask him and gets the answer - don't post it here. I'm sure in answering he wouldn't expect to see it on a message board later on. Whatever the situation is, sounds like they will pay the price, they don't need their names dragged thru the mud.

bamamountaineer1013
December 12th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Sounds like they will not be playing--but, you never know. If they did what has been speculated, then they should not be welcomed to play.

What is speculated that they did, PM me please

BigApp
December 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Has anyone heard any news...

I'm curious, asudan22...you are aware that this is a NATIONAL discussion board and that anything you post on here reflects on Appalachian, right?

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Heck I heard from a friend that they have a chartered flight for those two after they finish some exams. But who knows for sure?

haha yeah right...

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 01:08 PM
i bet theres either a lot more or a lot less in this subject than any of us know, its a bit humorous on here now.

BigApp
December 12th, 2007, 01:10 PM
ridiculous is a better term KB

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 01:14 PM
agreed ... we know what we know and should leave it at that ...

the NCAA has not released any info so this is all pure speculation ...

As far as we know there was a team rules violation ...

Until the NCAA releases something that is all we can make of it

but thanks for playing!

Now Johnny tell them what they have won!

yosef1969
December 12th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Dumbest most ill advised BS thread I have read on this forum.

First of all everyone 100% sure, post your named source. It's 100% so what's the harm right?

Secondly you are spreading rumors about two young men who did not travel with the rest of the team to Chattanooga. Beyond that nothing else has been verified by a NAMED source. Until that time you should wait for the school to respond before dragging the names of these two players though the mud and tossing around words like drugs, discplinary, insufficient grades. This thread should be killed.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
asudan22 is getting a lot of neg rep........xcoffeex what a shocker eh?xnonox

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hopefully they both did horrible on exams, and they were told to stay behind to get their education taken care of first. I'm just hoping thats it. No one knows for sure at all but them and Coach Moore, so the speculating needs to stop. If it turns out that they didn't fail drug tests then I'll feel really bad for both of them that it got out that way.

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
ridiculous is a better term KB

Haha xlolx
You'd never believe how many calls I had today while taking exams from friends asking me what's going on with the team. Phone kept vibrating during my last exam. Seemed everyone wants to know the hot topic around ASU.

Hopefully they both did horrible on exams, and they were told to stay behind to get their education taken care of first. I'm just hoping thats it. No one knows for sure at all but them and Coach Moore, so the speculating needs to stop. If it turns out that they didn't fail drug tests then I'll feel really bad for both of them that it got out that way.

One would hope so. It's all speculation right now.

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I'm curious, asudan22...you are aware that this is a NATIONAL discussion board and that anything you post on here reflects on Appalachian, right?

Not to mention that one might be subject to charges of libel, both a tort and a crime.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Not to mention that one might be subject to charges of libel, both a tort and a crime.

Ahh, love the fact you brought up a tort and a crime. Although, Torts was my least favorite class in law school.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
You damn lawyers are like YANKEES!!!

;) xthumbsupx

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
i dont think there is too much wrong with speculating... but accusing or saying you know the truth is wrong...

we should be able to guess what happened just as long as we dont preface it with maybe this happened... my 2 cents and my 2 cents aint worth much...

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 03:30 PM
i dont think there is too much wrong with speculating... but accusing or saying you know the truth is wrong...

we should be able to guess what happened just as long as we dont preface it with maybe this happened... my 2 cents and my 2 cents aint worth much...

Unless it is the truth, to write a libelous statement down can get you a civil judgment against you and can get a criminal sentence. The two players involved would indeed have a case against those who started and perpetuated said libelous statements, if any were made.

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Ahh, love the fact you brought up a tort and a crime. Although, Torts was my least favorite class in law school.

Mine too, hands down. I did not know you had attended law school. Where, pray tell.

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
You damn lawyers are like YANKEES!!!

;) xthumbsupx

96, I liked you too, until the above comment. Even lawyers have their standards!

My favorite phrase concerning the learned profession is this: Everybody hates lawyers - until you need one.

Sums it up nicely.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Mine too, hands down. I did not know you had attended law school. Where, pray tell.

Cooley Law School in Lansing, MI. Spent 3 semesters there, and hated every minute of it. That is why I now am a Financial Advisor xnodx

Appaholic
December 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Unless it is the truth, to write a libelous statement down can get you a civil judgment against you and can get a criminal sentence. The two players involved would indeed have a case against those who started and perpetuated said libelous statements, if any were made.

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the players have to prove damages? If so, how would you go about that as an amateur athlete not being drafted? Or am I thinking of something entirely different? Just wondering...law fascinates me.....like how to go around it...xsmiley_wix

yosef1969
December 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Reputations can be destroyed by speculating unsubstaniated "guesses". Guesses quickly become perception and perception in turn is treated as reality. In the end whether true or not people will now relate these two players with what could very well be false and completely unfounded accusations. (See Duke Lacrosse case) It's foolish and irresponsible for any of us to discuss on an open forum what two players MAY have done to not be allowed to travel with the team to Chattanooga especially when no one here can actually provide a truly reliable named source.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 03:57 PM
96, I liked you too, until the above comment. Even lawyers have their standards!

My favorite phrase concerning the learned profession is this: Everybody hates lawyers - until you need one.

Sums it up nicely.

The JAG Corp here in the Army is top notch now that I think about it. Me and a Lawyer Captain hit Nashville last weekend with a bunch of guys. We had a nice little set up in an RV parked just off of Music Row. No need for a DD, just a short walk to the RV.

Longrifle
December 12th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Reputations can be destroyed by speculating unsubstaniated "guesses". Guesses quickly become perception and perception in turn is treated as reality. In the end whether true or not people will now relate these two players with what could very well be false and completely unfounded accusations. (See Duke Lacrosse case) It's foolish and irresponsible for any of us to discuss on an open forum what two players MAY have done to not be allowed to travel with the team to Chattanooga especially when no one here can actually provide a truly reliable named source.

Thanks Y69. Agreed this, and the ones on MMB are the dumbest threads ever. Other message boards that I go to require names or sources when this type of issue comes up. Otherwise the thread is locked or deleted.

Why don't we just call them rumor boards. Folks, I don't want to hear speculation. I want to know the facts.

APPsolute Champion
December 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM

I agree. Just look at what has happened to the losers over at autoadmit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoadmit#Criticism_and_controversy

Damages would be hard to show. However, they may have a cause of action if they could prove that they lost job opportunities b/c of the comments.

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the players have to prove damages? If so, how would you go about that as an amateur athlete not being drafted? Or am I thinking of something entirely different? Just wondering...law fascinates me.....like how to go around it...xsmiley_wix

Appaholic:
Yes, normally one must prove damages to have a successful libel case. There are some exceptions, like if the libel or slander is over things like a woman's chastity (I am not making that up) or over someone's career (and there are a couple of other categories). These cases are known as libel per se - which means you don't have to prove damages. Basically the law just assumes that if someone makes these sorts of statements, then there were damages and they don't have to be proven. I am not sure whether being a student athlete falls in one of these categories, the career one may be the closest. I don't know.

It seems to me that if a player was left off the bus because he could not get out of an exam, and all this hubbub was started by another student, and that student made a libelous statement regarding drug use, and the player was damaged, then a case of libel could be proven. However, truth is a defense to a libelous statement. Further, I am not sure I have heard yet a truly libelous statement. So far, all I have heard is that "something bad happened to somebody somewhere." Lots of folks have made some guesses, and maybe they are right, and maybe not. We will see.

Disclaimer: The above statement is NOT legal advice; if it were, you would get a bill.

asudan22
December 12th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I never posted anything, about either of the two guys. The big news i had for all you people know was that they are going to move to the FBS. unless you PM'ed me and i was sure you were an App fan, then you got nothing from me. The MMB, Ashville citizens times, Winston Salem Journal, named the players. So if you wanna give me neg rep points, that is fine, i really don't care. I was doing this a favor for all app fans, so they would have a heads up when the **** hit the fan the day before the national championship.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
needless to say SOURCES?

asudan22
December 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
if you ask for source i would tell you my source

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I never posted anything, about either of the two guys. The big news i had for all you people know was that they are going to move to the FBS. unless you PM'ed me and i was sure you were an App fan, then you got nothing from me. .

Ummmm I Pm'ed you and got nothing from you. How am I not an App fan? xeyebrowx xcoffeex xreadx

ButlerGSU
December 12th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I didn't real this entire thread because its 17 pages but are you talking about this...

From The Asheville Citizen-Times:

Two players who didn’t travel with the team Tuesday night were starting cornerback Justin Woazeah and reserve linebacker Chris Johnson. Both were kept back for disciplinary reasons, according to coach Jerry Moore.

Moore said Woazeah’s and Johnson’s playing status for Friday’s game was undetermined.

asudan22
December 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Ummmm I Pm'ed you and got nothing from you. How am I not an App fan? xeyebrowx xcoffeex xreadx

I stoped sending back messages once it was out. Thats probaly why

asudan22
December 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I didn't real this entire thread because its 17 pages but are you talking about this...

From The Asheville Citizen-Times:

Two players who didn’t travel with the team Tuesday night were starting cornerback Justin Woazeah and reserve linebacker Chris Johnson. Both were kept back for disciplinary reasons, according to coach Jerry Moore.

Moore said Woazeah’s and Johnson’s playing status for Friday’s game was undetermined.

exactly

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well I had my 3:00 Crim. Law exam and Woazeah was in there and Batichon, Cardwell, and Hill were also in that class. So who knows?xconfusedx xconfusedx I guess we'll see later in the week.

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Batichon Cardwell and Hill were not there today obviously just to clear up my bad wording of my previous post.

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I stoped sending back messages once it was out. Thats probaly why

Ah ok that's what I figured happened.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Well I had my 3:00 Crim. Law exam and Woazeah was in there and Batichon, Cardwell, and Hill were also in that class. So who knows?xconfusedx xconfusedx I guess we'll see later in the week.

interesting... I am sure you didnt talk to him... at least i hope not right?

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM
interesting... I am sure you didnt talk to him... at least i hope not right?

I'd say no I mean probably didn't know the story until later. I mean last night I would have been studying for a final. Actually I was :D

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'd say no I mean probably didn't know the story until later. I mean last night I would have been studying for a final. Actually I was :D

I was out there at the field house waving good bye to the team having no idea #18 wasnt on the bus... and yes I should have been studying too... but hey i am senior so WHO CARES!

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 06:22 PM
if you ask for source i would tell you my source

Well I am askin'

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I was out there at the field house waving good bye to the team having no idea #18 wasnt on the bus... and yes I should have been studying too... but hey i am senior so WHO CARES!

I'm a senior too...I just need to pass two classes xrulesx xreadx Had a 9am and a 12.....was awesome. Not really xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm a senior too...I just need to pass two classes xrulesx xreadx Had a 9am and a 12.....was awesome. Not really xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

I was a senior four years ago...I had no exams today...just clients. xpeacex

I'd would have rather had exams xwhistlex

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I was a senior four years ago...I had no exams today...just clients. xpeacex

I'd would have rather had exams xwhistlex

Well ya weren't missing much xwhistlex I mean they still go the same way they did in ''04 when I took my first exam here.

Granted we're done till almost mid-January......you still have clients to take care of :D

See ya in 'Nooga! xthumbsupx

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 07:19 PM
ya those exams I used to hate I would gladly welcome now!

ASU98
December 12th, 2007, 07:44 PM
"ASU's Woazeah suspended for championship game"

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353841471

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 07:58 PM
That is a shame, but after all of the fodder, you had to know it was coming.

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 09:12 PM
That sucks. I just wish I knew exactly what rule he broke. If anyone knows... send me a PM