PDA

View Full Version : Armanti gets some love on PTI

mountaintop
December 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Was just watching Pardon the Interruption and during the toss-up segment, the question was asked, "Who has had the better season, Tim Tebow or Armanti Edwards?"

Both Kornheiser and Wilbon agreed it was Edwards, then went on to talk about him for about a minute. Pretty cool

UNHFootballAlum
December 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I saw it too. Good stuff. Congrats Armanti

GoBlackAndGold
December 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Fun time to be a mountaineer.

LehighFan11
December 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Haha i saw that too. Go Armanti!!! He should of won the Heisman

appst97
December 11th, 2007, 05:20 PM
for those intetrested... it will air again at approx 6:45 or 6:50 on ESPN news

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
for those intetrested... it will air again at approx 6:45 or 6:50 on ESPN2

thank you

appmountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 05:45 PM
awesome thanks

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM
what all did they say other than "tebow gets the heisman, this kid gets this award"...i clicked it over at the end cause i thought it was on espn2

HENJOHN
December 11th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I saw that too, Cool. Give him a Heisman too!!!!

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 06:02 PM
who is armanti edwards?

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I saw it, I was doing work on the computer and using PTI as background noise, when all of a sudden I heard his name. I couldn't believe they were actually talking about him, and then the fact that BOTH of them said that Armanti is having a better season. That was awesome.

appfan2008
December 11th, 2007, 06:36 PM
congrats to armanti and awesome pub for him, asu, the title game, and fcs! also just saw him at the field house as the team was leaving for chatty... go apps

bench
December 11th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I would be thrilled about this

if it were next week. I hope the media has all the reason in the world to spooge about him next week, but I'd rather he doesn't hear what a badass he is until then.

There isn't a PTI jinx, is there? We only got Dexter back from the SI cover jinx just last week.

mtoliver
December 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Great pub for him and the FCS... I can't believe they would utter the name of a I-AA player in the same sentence as Tebow.... xthumbsupx

Mike G.
December 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Did anyone watch Pardon the Interruption today? They said, and this is a quote, that Armanti Edwards had a more outstanding year than Tim Tebow.

Take that Mr. Heisman.

back2back
December 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
If you missed it go to espn.com and click on PODCASTS go to PTI and enjoy!

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
xnonono2x xcoffeex

back2back
December 11th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Espn.com podcast PTI.

AAadict
December 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Flacco is better.

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:00 PM
It starts at around 17:40 on the podcast.

ASU88
December 11th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Flacco is better.
As a true QB ... you are correct.

As an offensive weapon? I'll take Edwards.

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Flacco is better.
Gotta prove it on Friday.

appman111
December 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Flacco is better.

Maybe in a few years.

neersnbeers
December 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Everyone, check out espn. Bermans' too ten year in review

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Everyone, check out espn. Bermans' too ten year in review
link?

neersnbeers
December 11th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Tv

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Tv

What was it on, SportsCenter? If so they will reshow it. Thanks.

Mike G.
December 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Flacco has got more of a future at the qb position, armanti is better at college football

igo4uni
December 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Gotta prove it on Friday.

Yup.

igo4uni
December 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
link?

Yes, link please.

brownbear
December 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3150860&categoryId=2957357&n8pe6c=2

thmst30
December 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3150860&categoryId=2957357&n8pe6c=2

Thanks for the vid link. Wasn't sure if they did that anymore with PTI.

igo4uni
December 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM

thank you

LehighFan11
December 11th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Ill take Armanti, idc Flacco didn't beat Michigan

smallcollegefbfan
December 11th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Ill take Armanti, idc Flacco didn't beat Michigan

I would take Edwards RIGHT NOW but in 3-4 years Flacco would be my pick. I see Flacco as a very good QB. You won't see fans from either school pick the other one. When someone is on your side you are blind to their flaws. Flacco needs to put more touch on passes at times and he overthrows a lot of players. He also makes mistakes when he is under pressure. He, however, has a strong arm, is smart, and able to make all the throws. Edwards needs to be more consistent in his passing and he misses open receivers at times by not even throwing to them. He also tends to run too much, something you can't do in the NFL. On the bright side he is a very fast player who can do it all. He has great burst for a runner and the toughness you want in a QB.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 11th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'll take 'em both and play anybody in FCS!

ASUMountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I'll take 'em both and play anybody in FCS!

Agreed.

straightshooter
December 11th, 2007, 10:16 PM
You know what the bottom line is here? We're talking about college. Not many people on this board care about the pros. As a college QB, I'd take Edwards. He's much more dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Of course the most dangerous guy with the ball in his hands, Jayson Foster, has graduated with a Business degree from GSU, and only has to accept the Payton Award (hopefully) to finish his college career.

With Jayson gone, Armanti is next in line.

smallcollegefbfan
December 11th, 2007, 10:20 PM
You know what the bottom line is here? We're talking about college. Not many people on this board care about the pros. As a college QB, I'd take Edwards. He's much more dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Of course the most dangerous guy with the ball in his hands, Jayson Foster, has graduated with a Business degree from GSU, and only has to accept the Payton Award (hopefully) to finish his college career.

Agreed. I would rather have AE among returning QBs next year. There are other great players but he is the MOST DANGEROUS among returning QBs for next year and out of the QBs in the title game this year.

93henfan
December 11th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I'd take Armanti, because I lose Joe after this season to the NFL!!!

Man, Armanti is a sophomore, and we have to see him for two more years.xeekx You got him from Cuba with a forged birth certificate, didn't you?

BULLDOG8180
December 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Just wish they would refer to him with something other than - "the other kid".

HIS NAME IS ARMANTI EDWARDS!!!

Back home we call him "MONEY".

appmountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 11:39 PM
nice job money!!! Im proud to be a true FCS fan!

ucdtim17
December 11th, 2007, 11:41 PM
He'll have a really unique opportunity next year to make some Heisman noise after what he's done this year and the level of name recognition he's achieved. It'll be fun to watch

Grizo406
December 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Before I choose a favorite, I'd like to see what their respective girlfriends look like!xrolleyesx

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Only reason I can see Armanti as a "run first" QB is b/c he played QB and receiver in HS. It looks like he drops back and runs but if the main receiver is covered and you feel the pocket closing what are you gonna do? I would like to see him pass more but as long as we win I don't care... let him run, pass, kick, tackle shoot I don't care! He is good, not NFL QB material possibly a WR in the NFL. But don't forget he's only a Sophomore so he can work on his passing. We get Brian Quick next year too (drop sure TD pass at Michigan).

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2007, 12:30 AM
He is one special player.. you guys should be counting your blessings that some FBS school didn't scoop him up first...
I'm glad that the FCS is getting some love.. hopefully the public can realize that these guys can keep up with the best :cough: tebow

I also found this... how cool would this be http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/an-early-heisman-list-for-2008/

cougarpines
December 12th, 2007, 05:17 AM
He is one special player.. you guys should be counting your blessings that some FBS school didn't scoop him up first...
I'm glad that the FCS is getting some love.. hopefully the public can realize that these guys can keep up with the best :cough: tebow

I also found this... how cool would this be http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/an-early-heisman-list-for-2008/

I agree, we are seeing the FCS getting more and more coverage due to players like Edwards and Flacco. Here is ESPN's McShay's take on Flocco:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?&brand=null&videoId=3148694&n8pe6c=2

mountain_man
December 12th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I'd take Armanti, because I lose Joe after this season to the NFL!!!

Man, Armanti is a sophomore, and we have to see him for two more years.xeekx You got him from Cuba with a forged birth certificate, didn't you?

no, he is from the planet krypton. he played pee-wee football there, and was all the time running away, and over some kid named superman. AE made him look like a fool several times.

up.. up.. and awaaaaaay!

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 08:21 AM
AE for 2 more years ... I just enjoy watchin money play ...

He just adds a degree of excitement to the game ...

Hen fans you are in for a treat Friday!

ur2k
December 12th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I agree, we are seeing the FCS getting more and more coverage due to players like Edwards and Flacco. Here is ESPN's McShay's take on Flocco:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?&brand=null&videoId=3148694&n8pe6c=2

The best part of that is McShay is a Richmond grad and got a little love in for Hightower at the end.

Mike G.
December 12th, 2007, 11:15 AM

The payton award is going to Kevin Richardson, with 1273 yards and 5.2 yards per carry. That may not be incredible but considering armanti had 1628 yards, thats a good total. He also holds the app school record for yards, but Armanti is on pace to obliterate that.

K-Rich = Walter Payton
Corey Lynch = Buck Buchanan

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
The payton award is going to Kevin Richardson, with 1273 yards and 5.2 yards per carry. That may not be incredible but considering armanti had 1628 yards, thats a good total. He also holds the app school record for yards, but Armanti is on pace to obliterate that.

K-Rich = Walter Payton
Corey Lynch = Buck Buchanan

This year is KRich's last chance to win the Payton and he can't as he's not a finalist. If I'm not mistaken, in final polling, he was voted 10th. It is between Eric Sanders (UNI), Josh Johnson (SD), and Jayson Foster (GSU). Corey has a chance for the Buchanan award, but KRich will not win the Payton award.

NYJMUSupporter
December 12th, 2007, 11:48 AM
This is awesome for the FCS. People are finally starting to realize that there are some tremendous athletes at this level of play. Hopefully all of this attention will bring about more coverage of our level. It seems as if recruits are taking notice. Top notch FCS programs are now consistantly out recruiting lower level FBS programs. Seems as if kids would rather play for a championship each year, as opposed to a crappy low level bowl!

AlphaSigMD
December 12th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'd certainly like for ASU to become the Gonzaga of the college football world.

Everybody knows who Gonzaga is, and well, Appalachian State kinda has a quirky name too.

Perhaps with a little more time, and a few more wins...or, we could become the Mt. Union of FCS, (perhaps not in winning titles in 10 of 15 years, that would be a TALL TALL order) but we could certainly be that 1 school from our division that everyone who knows about.

In fact, while I'm at it, to make the point, why not start a list of the most visible teams/people in less popular sports that people usually associate with the sport.

You may disagree with some of these...but this is the best I can do from memory and judgement.

FCS - Appalachian State
Div-2 Grand Valley St.
Div-3 Mt. Union
Baseball - Call St. Fullerton
Nascar - Dale Jr.
EPL - Manchester United
MidMajor BBal - Gonzaga
Lacrosse - John's Hopkins
Women's Soccer - UNC
Indy - Danica
Women's B-Ball - UConn
Golf - Lefty (Tiger's too mainstream to be less popular)
High School B-Ball - Oak Hill Academy
High School Football - De La Salle
D-2 Basketball - Kentucky Wesleyan
Gymnastics - Alabama
Ice Hockey - North Dakota

Any others you can think of?

Touchdown Yosef
December 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Everybody knows who Gonzaga is, and well, Appalachian State kinda has a quirky name too.

Perhaps with a little more time, and a few more wins...or, we could become the Mt. Union of FCS, (perhaps not in winning titles in 10 of 15 years, that would be a TALL TALL order) but we could certainly be that 1 school from our division that everyone who knows about.

In fact, while I'm at it, to make the point, why not start a list of the most visible teams/people in less popular sports that people usually associate with the sport.

You may disagree with some of these...but this is the best I can do from memory and judgement.

FCS - Appalachian State
Div-2 Grand Valley St.
Div-3 Mt. Union
Nascar - Dale Jr.
EPL - Manchester United
MidMajor BBal - Gonzaga
Women's Soccer - UNC
Indy - Danica
Women's B-Ball - UConn
Gymnastics - Alabama

I think you have to put Duke in for Lacrosse.

Touchdown Yosef
December 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM
If I am not mistaken we have LSU in 09. It is a shame that it is not Florida and we could all see the Armanti Tebow matchup when they were both seniors.

Black and Gold Express
December 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM
If I am not mistaken we have LSU in 09. It is a shame that it is not Florida and we could all see the Armanti Tebow matchup when they were both seniors.

You really think Tebow is going to be at UF as a senior?? He's a first round draft pick if he has even close to a year next year as this one.

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Tebow's gone after next year

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 01:12 PM

FCS - Appalachian State
Div-2 Grand Valley St.
Div-3 Mt. Union
Nascar - Dale Jr.
EPL - Manchester United
MidMajor BBal - Gonzaga
Women's Soccer - UNC
Indy - Danica
Women's B-Ball - UConn
Gymnastics - Alabama

One minor detail ... NASCAR needs to be all caps because it is an acronym for National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing xnodx

Sorry I just couldn't help it ... I took Evolution of Southern Motorsports and the professor died a couple years ago and he was so awesome ... he corrected me on that same mistake so many times ... I just couldn't help myself :)

Appaholic
December 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM

FCS - Appalachian State
Div-2 Grand Valley St.
Div-3 Mt. Union
Nascar - Dale Jr.
EPL - Manchester United
MidMajor BBal - Gonzaga
Women's Soccer - UNC
Indy - Danica
Women's B-Ball - UConn
Gymnastics - Alabama

D2 Basketball = UW-Platteville

LehighFan11
December 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM

FCS - Appalachian State
Div-2 Grand Valley St.
Div-3 Mt. Union
Nascar - Dale Jr.
EPL - Manchester United
MidMajor BBal - Gonzaga
Women's Soccer - UNC
Indy - Danica
Women's B-Ball - UConn
Gymnastics - Alabama

Yea App St is a very highly recongized name. If they can make it 3 in a row and beat another FCS down the road, they will be really on the map. Women's B-Ball would have to be Tennessee. Lacrosse could be a number of teams from duke, viringia, syracuse, john hopkins.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Those guys on PTI sometimes talk about the dumbest crap!! It is hard to watch 90 percent of the time.

LacesOut
December 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Those guys on PTI sometimes talk about the dumbest crap!! It is hard to watch 90 percent of the time.

I actually love that show. They make me LOLOLOLOL, especially when it's Wilbon and Kornheiser. To each their own I guess.

To the thread, pretty cool that AE was mentioned. With the year Omar Cuff has had, he could have easily been mentioned also. (didn't read this entire thread, so my apologies if this has already been said)

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I like pti and around the horn ... both are quite funny at times

DSUHornet
December 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
do you guys really think he is to be compared to tim tebow?

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
do you guys really think he is to be compared to tim tebow?
As a college QB, yea.

GtFllsGriz
December 12th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I seriously think Armanti ought to think about moving to a FBS school. Or is that wishful thinking. I think App is going to be a powerhouse until he graduates. He just makes everything click in that offense and others look very good because of him. You guys got a franchise player there. Players like that don't come around often, enjoy the ride.

ASUPATCH
December 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I seriously think Armanti ought to think about moving to a FBS school. Or is that wishful thinking. I think App is going to be a powerhouse until he graduates. He just makes everything click in that offense and others look very good because of him. You guys got a franchise player there. Players like that don't come around often, enjoy the ride.

If you move up to FBS you would have to sit out a year. Armanti isnt going anywhere.

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hes staying, no one cared about him from the big schools until AFTER App recruited him. He could have broken his verbal commit to go to UNC or Wake, but he kept to his word. Hes a great kid, and why would he leave a place where he is being so incredible successful. Also if hes good enough he will get his recognition, McNair did and he was in (then) 1-AA. Actually he already is getting quite a bit of it, considering hes only a Soph.

Block-A
December 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I took Evolution of Southern Motorsports...

Umm, you're pulling legs here, right? I hope? There's not now, nor has there ever been such a class for college credit...?

Other than Sportscenter, PTI is the only non-event program on ESPN worth watching, IMHO.

And, let's face it: App's potential or realized three-peat does not count for much in the non-AA football world. Had App not beaten Michigan to start the season, these conversations would not be happening in the media. Edwards' performance last weekend would not even garner a mention on ESPN. When they won the first title in '05, it got less than a minute of air on that night's Sportscenter, and if it hadn't been for the Michigan win, this year would be the same, no matter who wins the game.

AlphaSigMD
December 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I took Evolution of Southern Motorsports...

Umm, you're pulling legs here, right? I hope? There's not now, nor has there ever been such a class for college credit...?

Haha...it sounds like one of those classes that somebody might take at Nascar University. No...wait, NASCAR University...or whatever the heck they call it down in Mooresville.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Haha...it sounds like one of those classes that somebody might take at Nascar University. No...wait, NASCAR University...or whatever the heck they call it down in Mooresville.

They call it the NASCAR Technical Institute...I know that because DP goes there. xthumbsupx