PDA

View Full Version : El Cid Stadium Pics

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 10th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Last week when I drove through Charleston on my return from Florida, I took a couple of pictures of the stadium construction. Thought the AGS Community might enjoy them.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0086.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0094.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0087.jpg

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Here's a couple more showing the other side and the scoreboard.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0090.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0089.jpg

UNHWildCats
December 10th, 2007, 02:54 PM
nice.

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Going to be awesome when it's finished

BlueHen03
December 10th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I like that scoreboard. xthumbsupx Video capability plus the offensive stats for each team. I wish UD would put up something like that.

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Very nice...scoreboard is awesome.

Though I am actually a little surprised, I thought there would be more skyboxes (any word on how many boxes there will be? I am sure there are plenty of wealthy allums in the Chas area to fill them).

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Very nice...scoreboard is awesome.

Though I am actually a little surprised, I thought there would be more skyboxes (any word on how many boxes there will be? I am sure there are plenty of wealthy allums in the Chas area to fill them).

25 boxes. 24 sold to graduates of The Citadel

Chatt get ready to lose the title game. it's coming to Chuck

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Johnson - Hagood looking good. xsmiley_wix

Aho_Old_Guy
December 10th, 2007, 03:12 PM
That is sweet - and classy, too.

bamamountaineer1013
December 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM
stadium looks great, congrats, you guys needed it

TwinTownBisonFan
December 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
wow... i get the feeling when completed... it will be very nice indeed.

while i like the fargodome... it does certainly lack the character that a rehabbed Dakotah Field would have. (OTOH, the high on Sat. was like 11 in Fargo, and I suspect I wouldn't have loved freezing my cajones off watching a playoff game)

MplsBison
December 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM

Not unless you're getting fieldturf.

Saint3333
December 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM

That seems like a lot as the complex is only between the 25 yard lines. ASU's complex will run goal line to goal line and will have 18 or 20 boxes (on one floor). Will there be club seats or will all three levels be boxes? I have to think a press box will take up some of that room or will they get stuck on the visitor side?

The home stands will certainly be nicexthumbsupx , are they going to renovate the other side too?

dungeonjoe
December 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM

SC has to deal with the flag issue first, my confederate friend!

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
SC has to deal with the flag issue first, my confederate friend!

we already have. has been settled for a long while now

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Wow, that's going to be a nice little stadium. Scoreboard is awesome!xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Y'all have trouble even keeping the SoCon basketball tournament (the last contract, Chattanooga got two of the three years)...you better get yourself a much better organizing sports committee in Charleston (because the current one won't cut it) if you plan on trying to take away from an 11 year incumbent.

Hagood isn't really any bigger than Finley (500, maybe 1,000?) and you won't have as many skyboxes. In my opinion, you gotta come up with something significantly better if you are going to take this away from Chattanooga (is it just as nice with a better scoreboard? Yes...is it significantly better? No)

Place your bid Charleston, Chattanooga and GCSEC is always prepared for a challenge. xthumbsupx

dungeonjoe
December 10th, 2007, 04:15 PM
we already have. has been settled for a long while now

not according to the NCAA

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2007, 04:17 PM
In the "my blank is bigger" contest :)

....Finley has 32 skyboxes.

cowbellnation
December 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
The scoreboard is identical to SDSU's, must be a Daktronics out of Brookings, SD home of SDSU

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2229/2042611728_f98da80f21.jpg?v=0

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Y'all have trouble even keeping the SoCon basketball tournament (the last contract, Chattanooga got two of the three years)...you better get yourself a much better organizing sports committee in Charleston (because the current one won't cut it) if you plan on trying to take away from an 11 year incumbent.

Hagood isn't really any bigger than Finley (500, maybe 1,000?) and you won't have as many skyboxes. In my opinion, you gotta come up with something significantly better if you are going to take this away from Chattanooga (is it just as nice with a better scoreboard? Yes...is it significantly better? No)

Place your bid Charleston, Chattanooga and GCSEC is always prepared for a challenge. xthumbsupx

who wants to come to chattanooga? Everyone wants to come to Charleston. Maybe if the bball tournament didn't have to rely on local people to make it a success, ie the other schools bring 5 fans apiece it wouldn't be that way.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 04:55 PM
really looking good The Citadel I hope to make it down their in two years for the next app game... should be one awesome venue

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Great pics!

Someday in Durham perhaps.xwhistlex xwhistlex

Looks like someone's dragging his feet getting back to the Great White North.xnodx

ASUPATCH
December 10th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Very impressed. Looks good.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Great pics!

Someday in Durham perhaps.xwhistlex xwhistlex

One can hope...................Santa, are you listening?

Looks like someone's dragging his feet getting back to the Great White North.xnodx

Yep, dragged the feet for quite awhile (have you been to the beach in recent years? xeekx xbowx xwhistlex no wonder SunCoast didn't want to move! ;) ), but I'm back in New England. That's why I was finally able to upload the pictures to Photobucket so I could post them.

feb18blacksunday
December 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Good lookin addition to a legendary piece of Southern lore. Where were those Hundley heroes buried?

MplsBison
December 10th, 2007, 07:39 PM
This may be a tad off topic, but are the majority of Citadel football players Cadets or civilians?

appstate38
December 10th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Man it sucks............. Just Kidding CitDog!!!

First class diggs!!!

terrierbob
December 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Compatible architecture. Looks great.

What will be the capacity?

terrierbob
December 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=MplsBison;794012]This may be a tad off topic, but are the majority of Citadel football players Cadets or civilians?[/QUOT
It's an all-military school. All are cadets.

PTW16
December 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM
This may be a tad off topic, but are the majority of Citadel football players Cadets or civilians?

All players in their first four years are required to be Cadets within the South Carolina Corps of Cadets and participate in the established military ranks within the school. Only fifth-year players (i.e. those pursing a graduate degree, those taking the extra lap in academics)

And becareful MplsBison, it is THE Citadel. I'd hate to have CitDog come after you! xnonox

PTW16
December 10th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Compatible architecture. Looks great.

What will be the capacity?

I've heard it will go up to 22,500 or something like that...

08Dawg
December 10th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Too bad we'll never fill the damned thing...xnonono2x xnonono2x xsmhx

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2007, 10:24 PM
who wants to come to chattanooga? Everyone wants to come to Charleston. Maybe if the bball tournament didn't have to rely on local people to make it a success, ie the other schools bring 5 fans apiece it wouldn't be that way.

Apparently, plenty of people want to come to Chattanooga...and it is a heck of a lot cheaper to stay than Charleston (and it is a lot easier to get around the downtown too).

Like I said, we will be happy for y'all to step up to the plate...we're ready anytime you guys are (be nice to have a challenge).

I am sure the Merrill Ecksein and the GCSEC will be happy to see Kathleen Cartland and the CMSC show up for a presentation.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM
All players in their first four years are required to be Cadets within the South Carolina Corps of Cadets and participate in the established military ranks within the school. Only fifth-year players (i.e. those pursing a graduate degree, those taking the extra lap in academics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Citadel_%28Military_College%29

In addition to the cadet program, civilian programs are offered through the Citadel's College of Graduate and Professional Studies with its evening undergraduate and graduate programs. The Citadel enrolls almost 2,000 undergraduate cadets in its residential military program and 1,200 civilian students in the evening programs. While both programs make use of the Citadel campus and Citadel professors and participate in athletics, cadets and civilian students usually do not share classes and only cadets live on campus.

Seems to me that a civilian could be on the football team and take the evening undergrad classes?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 11th, 2007, 11:41 AM

What is your average attendance?

Don'tPlayW/Yosef
December 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
What's the chances of having any future FCS championship games there? Charleston would be a nice destination...looks like we are outgrowing the stadium at Chattonooga.

Biff
December 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Citadel_%28Military_College%29

Seems to me that a civilian could be on the football team and take the evening undergrad classes?

That is true to some extent, but we can't field a team made prodominately of civilians. Our evening undergrad courses are two and two programs with Trident Techincal College. So those players would have to transfer in two years of credit to be able to use this option. Coach Higgins son just finished his eligibility as a grad (civilian) student in the Graduate College. Tim Higgins played for Florida before that. We have had other civilians on the team, but usually only one or two at a time and that has only happened in the past few years. I would rather see an all cadet team, but the Graduate College is an important part of the Charleston community graduating a number of MBAs, Masters for teaching, and Civ/Elec Engineers, the later through its 2 and 2 program. We also have a number of other Master programs. If a player comes through this route, at least the cadets and The Citadel can be a part of his college experience.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
What's the chances of having any future FCS championship games there? Charleston would be a nice destination...looks like we are outgrowing the stadium at Chattonooga.

I thought we all decided that future championship games would be held in Vegas? OK, perhaps it was me alone who decided that. xthumbsupx

citdog
December 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
What is your average attendance?

usually about 15k

Biff
December 11th, 2007, 01:19 PM

I agree. Until South Carolina moves the Confederate Flag off the Capital grounds (located right next to the Civil Monument on the Capitol grounds), no NCAA post-season events will be allowed to be played on South Carolina campuses.

There are exceptions. They were talking about moving baseball games away for teams like Clemson and USC who always host a regional. I think FCS games outside of the Championship are ok, i.e. Wofford this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2006-08-01-ncaa-confederate-flag_x.htm

All this over a piece of cloth, I think there are more pressing issues to worry about. Please don't discuss, or citdog may make his 8k post by the end of the week.

citdog
December 11th, 2007, 01:26 PM
that link made me sick to my stomach. what a bunch of womenxnonono2x

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I thought we all decided that future championship games would be held in Vegas? OK, perhaps it was me alone who decided that. xthumbsupx

Now that you've driven to Cedar Falls, you're looking for a new challenge? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 01:47 PM
wow I did not know there was a ban ...

I wonder if they flew the Bonnie Blue flag would it be any different?

I am glad NC does not have anything to do with this lol ... even tho we were the reluctant hercules of the Civil War.

Biff
December 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM
wow I did not know there was a ban ...

I wonder if they flew the Bonnie Blue flag would it be any different?

I am glad NC does not have anything to do with this lol ... even tho we were the reluctant hercules of the Civil War.

Oddly enough I see more Conferadte Flags flown in NC than in SC.

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM

that makes more sense tho ...

we had more casualties
more dissertions
more troops fighting
produced more goods
and we were the last ones to sign up for this war

Biff
December 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
that makes more sense tho ...

we had more casualties
more dissertions
more troops fighting
produced more goods
and we were the last ones to sign up for this war

Although, the Conferdate Flag I mention is the naval jack. If we discuss Big Red flown by the Best Military Unit EVER, then Charleston flys more Confederate flags than any where else.

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I mean if it is near a monument I just do not understand the problem with it.

Random but I need to get back to Charleston and eat some Hymans and go to the Yorktown again.

citdog
December 11th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I mean if it is near a monument I just do not understand the problem with it.

Random but I need to get back to Charleston and eat some Hymans and go to the Yorktown again.

there is no problem, but the NCAA wants to make it a problem along with their extremist allies the NAACP.

only tourists eat at Hymans

dungeonjoe
December 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
A history professor told me one time, "you don't think the motto first in flight, on the NC license refers to Kittyhawk and the Wright Brothers do you?"

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
A history professor told me one time, "you don't think the motto first in flight, on the NC license refers to Kittyhawk and the Wright Brothers do you?"

That is funny xlolx

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
there is no problem, but the NCAA wants to make it a problem along with their extremist allies the NAACP.

So where would the CITDOG go eat seafood in Charleston?

MplsBison
December 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
That is true to some extent, but we can't field a team made prodominately of civilians. Our evening undergrad courses are two and two programs with Trident Techincal College. So those players would have to transfer in two years of credit to be able to use this option. Coach Higgins son just finished his eligibility as a grad (civilian) student in the Graduate College. Tim Higgins played for Florida before that. We have had other civilians on the team, but usually only one or two at a time and that has only happened in the past few years. I would rather see an all cadet team, but the Graduate College is an important part of the Charleston community graduating a number of MBAs, Masters for teaching, and Civ/Elec Engineers, the later through its 2 and 2 program. We also have a number of other Master programs. If a player comes through this route, at least the cadets and The Citadel can be a part of his college experience.

Thanks for the info!

Eyes of Old Main
December 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM
The House that The Citdog built. xthumbsupx

08Dawg
December 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hmm...and yet Ole Miss can get away with playing Dixie whenever they want...of course, thank you Pete Boone for screwing up the tradition of having Confederate flags at football games...I despise that man, I really do. Ok, back on topic...

citdog
December 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
The House that The Citdog built. xthumbsupx

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

citdog
December 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hmm...and yet Ole Miss can get away with playing Dixie whenever they want...of course, thank you Pete Boone for screwing up the tradition of having Confederate flags at football games...I despise that man, I really do. Ok, back on topic...

Pete Boone. #6.

brownbear
December 12th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I agree. Until South Carolina moves the Confederate Flag off the Capital grounds (located right next to the Civil Monument on the Capitol grounds), no NCAA post-season events will be allowed to be played on South Carolina campuses.

There are exceptions. They were talking about moving baseball games away for teams like Clemson and USC who always host a regional. I think FCS games outside of the Championship are ok, i.e. Wofford this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2006-08-01-ncaa-confederate-flag_x.htm

All this over a piece of cloth, I think there are more pressing issues to worry about. Please don't discuss, or citdog may make his 8k post by the end of the week.

I've found it funny that the whole Confederate flag issue died in Georgia, and all they had to do was put up a different Confederate flag over the state capitol.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1544191/2/istockphoto_1544191_georgia_state_capitol_building .jpg

http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/UNST0109.GIF

GaSouthern
December 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Looks Great!

GSU needs to step up soon if they are gonna keep up with everyone.

elcid96
May 14th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Here are some new Citadel Stadium Pics (10 May 2008).

citdog
May 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Here are some new Citadel Stadium Pics (10 May 2008).

DO Y'ALL SEE THE STARS AND BARS IN THE TOP RIGHT OF THE LAST PIC, OR AM I SEEING THINGS? RIGHTEOUS, WONDERFUL THINGS GRANTED...BUT CONFEDERATE FLAGS WHERE THERE AREN'T ANY?

jcf5445
May 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM
The rule is that no scheduled postseason or preseason athletic event may be held on the soil of a state that has marks of the Confederacy on their state flag. I believe South Carolina and Mississippi are the only 2 states currently affected. Because it applies to scheduled events only, teams like Clemson, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State are able to host baseball regionals (Heck, the reason they probably allowed non-scheduled events to be held is because of the attendance in Starkville and Oxford whenever either team gets to host a regional or super-regional in baseball). Likewise, FCS playoff games may be played in those states as well. However, no bowl games or pre-determined championship sites or pre-season basketball tournaments may be played.

citdog
May 14th, 2008, 06:22 PM
The rule is that no scheduled postseason or preseason athletic event may be held on the soil of a state that has marks of the Confederacy on their state flag. I believe South Carolina and Mississippi are the only 2 states currently affected. Because it applies to scheduled events only, teams like Clemson, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State are able to host baseball regionals (Heck, the reason they probably allowed non-scheduled events to be held is because of the attendance in Starkville and Oxford whenever either team gets to host a regional or super-regional in baseball). Likewise, FCS playoff games may be played in those states as well. However, no bowl games or pre-determined championship sites or pre-season basketball tournaments may be played.

TO BOIL DOWN WHAT THE AGS KNOB SAID IT'S ALL REALLY A BUNCH OF ****. NOW BACK TO HOW BEAUTIFUL GENERAL HAGOOD'S HOUSE IS LOOKING!

furman94
May 14th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I must agree with The Citdog on this one! Hagood's House is lookin good! I'm loving then castle look of the pressbox/luxury boxes! And yes, I noticed the Stars and Bars too!

furman94
May 14th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I've found it funny that the whole Confederate flag issue died in Georgia, and all they had to do was put up a different Confederate flag over the state capitol.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1544191/2/istockphoto_1544191_georgia_state_capitol_building .jpg

http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/UNST0109.GIF

I don't understand why the NAACP and other Black Orgs make such a big stink over the BATTLE FLAG, not the Rebel Flag, on the Confederate Soldiers monument, when our neighbor GA has the Confederate Flag flying over their statehouse!?

AppMan
May 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Don't you mean along with their extortionist allies the NAACP?

I agree about Hymans. I much prefer RB's at Shem Creek.

Go...gate
May 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Nice outside treatments - looks a little like the old Yankee Stadium.

How about playing Colgate home-and-home? I've never been to S.C., much less Charleston, though my parents went there in the late 1980's and said it was wonderful.

AppMan
May 14th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I don't understand why the NAACP and other Black Orgs make such a big stink over the BATTLE FLAG, not the Rebel Flag, on the Confederate Soldiers monument, when our neighbor GA has the Confederate Flag flying over their statehouse!?

Because the ignorant fools don't know the difference between the Battle Flag and the Naval Jack, or Rebel Flag as you call it. The interesting thing is the KKK also carried the Christian flag extensively, but you never hear a word about that. I like the Stars & Bars simply because I can promote my Southern Heritage and not get any grief over it since 99.9% of the country doesn't have a clue as to what it is.

APPALACHIANstate
May 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/American-Eagle-and-Flag-II-Print-C10055018.jpeg

This is so epic, it made an eagle cry.

CID1990
May 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM

You weren't around in the 80s and early 90s, then.

brownbear
May 14th, 2008, 09:33 PM

And what's even funnier is that all of the crazed Confederate nuts all put up signs saying "Sonny Lied" when Sonny Perdue actually brought back the Stars & Bars.

appfan2008
May 14th, 2008, 11:30 PM
back to talking about the stadium.... it really looks great... when should it all be finished???

Eyes of Old Main
May 15th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Looks like the improvements are coming along nicely at El Cid.

Hoseinexile07
May 15th, 2008, 08:28 AM
The architecture of the Citadel's new stadium reminds me of Doak Campbell here in Tallahassee. It looks really nice. Your students and fans will be really proud of it. I can't wait for PC to play the Citadel and beat y'all in your pretty venue. xsmiley_wix :D

citdog
May 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM
The architecture of the Citadel's new stadium reminds me of Doak Campbell here in Tallahassee. It looks really nice. Your students and fans will be really proud of it. I can't wait for PC to play the Citadel and beat y'all in your pretty venue. xsmiley_wix :D

we grew tired of smacking pc around every year. perhaps now that y'all are DI you can be our new webber international if you wish. we generally don't like beating up on high school coaches but an exception can be made in your case.

appfan2008
May 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM
we grew tired of smacking pc around every year. perhaps now that y'all are DI you can be our new webber international if you wish. we generally don't like beating up on high school coaches but an exception can be made in your case.

i am feeling a little movement to the smack board for this thread

elcid96
May 15th, 2008, 09:59 AM
You weren't around in the 80s and early 90s, then.

Great Point. Like any other team, a great season equals a good crowd. Just ask APP state. What amazes me is that we can go 3-7 some seasons and still pull in 15K fans. I was a cadet in 1992 when we won the southern conference and remember multiple sellouts at the stadium. We may be on the verge of another great team again if Higgins can stick around. Go Dogs.

PTW16
May 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
back to talking about the stadium.... it really looks great... when should it all be finished???

I've heard it should be ready for the start of the 2008 season but they might be screwing in the last light bulb as the gates open up...

Appaholic
May 15th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Great Point. Like any other team, a great season equals a good crowd. Just ask APP state. What amazes me is that we can go 3-7 some seasons and still pull in 15K fans. I was a cadet in 1992 when we won the southern conference and remember multiple sellouts at the stadium. We may be on the verge of another great team again if Higgins can stick around. Go Dogs.

Higgins is gone after this year.........he'll move up to a D1 opening.......bank it....xnodx.....I'll go ahead and start the BVG to ElCid thread.......

Appaholic
May 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Here's a couple more showing the other side and the scoreboard.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0090.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Charleston%20Dec%202007/100_0089.jpg

If you look closely, you can almost see Armanti crossing the goal line yet again.......I can make out a faint wearing down of the grass along the sideline to the endzone......we'll call it the "Armanti Trail"......:D

elcid96
May 15th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Higgins is gone after this year.........he'll move up to a D1 opening.......bank it....xnodx.....I'll go ahead and start the BVG to ElCid thread.......

If he does, then he deserves it. You guys were lucky enough to have a coach that only wants to live in a double wide his whole life and coach 1-AA football.

The Gadfly
May 15th, 2008, 06:28 PM
So that's where all the "blood money" went to. Playing the Miami's and Texas A&M's really paid off. Now can you win in it xcoffeex .

Appaholic
May 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
If he does, then he deserves it. You guys were lucky enough to have a coach that only wants to live in a double wide his whole life and coach 1-AA football.

....and whip up on teams of faux soldiers and win national championships.....xsmiley_wix

elcid96
May 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM
So that's where all the "blood money" went to. Playing the Miami's and Texas A&M's really paid off. Now can you win in it xcoffeex .

Hopefully, we won 7 games last year and this year should be better.

Millwoch
May 16th, 2008, 05:23 PM

He is currently building a high dollar house in charleston, so I doubt he leaves after this year. But if he does that means we will have one hell of a year.

The Gadfly
May 17th, 2008, 01:11 PM
He is currently building a high dollar house in charleston, so I doubt he leaves after this year. But if he does that means we will have one hell of a year.

zzzzzzZZZZZZZ . . . what what? . . . Oh. The toy soldiers are expecting a "kick ass" season huh? Whatever. Don't wake me up till we get to Happy Valley. ZZZZzzzzzz . . .

CID1990
May 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
zzzzzzZZZZZZZ . . . what what? . . . Oh. The toy soldiers are expecting a "kick ass" season huh? Whatever. Don't wake me up till we get to Happy Valley. ZZZZzzzzzz . . .

Have fun playing CSU, VMI and Stony Brook. Hope you win some of them.

elcid96
May 19th, 2008, 07:23 AM

Is this coming from a conference that is not strong enough to even qualify for an automatic bid to the playoffs?

UAalum72
May 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Is this coming from a conference that is not strong enough to even qualify for an automatic bid to the playoffs?
The Big South is strong enough, they just don't have enough teams yet.

Biff
May 19th, 2008, 08:56 AM
The Big South is strong enough, they just don't have enough teams yet.

Dude, the rule of thumb is "puff, puff, give". Pass that ***** over when you are done smoking it.

BIG SOUTH SUCKS. CSU and CCU are the only teams that have doen anything to making it a strong conference

UAalum72
May 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Dude, the rule of thumb is "puff, puff, give". Pass that ***** over when you are done smoking it.

CSU and CCU are the only teams that have doen anything to making it a strong conference
And yet, DUDE, the Big South is still ranked higher than two existing autobid conferences, therefore it's 'strong enough to earn an autobid'.

Now back to your daydreams of past glories.

citdog
May 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Now back to your daydreams of past glories.

at least we have them...what has albany ever done?