PDA

View Full Version : Finley Stadium extra attendance idea

T-Dog
December 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Since tickets will be as wanted as chunks of gold for UD and ASU fans, I was thinking about how to add people into Finley stadium and it hit me, you know that big grassy hill?

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=pv5fjq7wq9f9&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=12994206&encType=1

(right side of the pic, which was taken a year ago this week as you can tell)

I mean, you could add a few thousand more people if you open up the hill for seating. Just put up a railing up below the concrete dropoff (which is about two feet at the bottom of the hill) have security there and BAM, a good number of new seats for the game. And I KNOW it will fill up and look good on TV.

What else is that hill important for? The Title game logo? They have that on the 50 yard line anyway.

Agreed?

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Looks to me like it could be a good idea.
And what a sorry logo. Bleh.

SirApp
December 9th, 2007, 03:36 AM
It's alright....there are going to be mass amounts of people selling tickets for this game over the next week. If people really want to get a ticket, they will get it.

Mountaineer#96
December 9th, 2007, 08:56 AM
ebay has got a bunch.....check those out.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
yes there will be plenty of tickets availible but i see no reason that chatty should not open up that hill... no reason at all... they could make so much more money and look even better on tv

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
yes there will be plenty of tickets availible but i see no reason that chatty should not open up that hill... no reason at all... they could make so much more money and look even better on tv

If I remember correctly, there's no fence to block the hill from the field but that's not to say they couldn't install one and sell it.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
exactly... there isnt... but they put up that temp white one at the top of the hill last year so why couldnt they put that temp white at the bottom of the hill instead... if you can selll more tix and you have the room to do so... then why not???

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Since it's essentially going to be an Appy home game anyway with Delaware's sad allotment of 3,000, why not move it to Boone? It's five hours closer for all involved and App has all kinds of overflow capability.

AppStateSVX
December 9th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Since it's essentially going to be an Appy home game anyway with Delaware's sad allotment of 3,000, why not move it to Boone? It's five hours closer for all involved and App has all kinds of overflow capability.

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/12/27/inside1-guinness.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!!!! xthumbsupx

T-Dog
December 9th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I already have a ticket for the game. It's not about me wanting extra seats to get a ticket. It's about giving more fans an opportunity to go.

And for the record, I think if such an idea is to happen, UD fans should have the first crack as their people screwed up with the ticket requests. It's not like tickets will be impossible to get. Later in the week many locals and such sell their tickets at a fair rate or face value. There were plenty of scalpers last year around the stadium selling at face value.

McTailGator
December 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM
If I remember correctly, there's no fence to block the hill from the field but that's not to say they couldn't install one and sell it.

Temporary barriers would be ok. Like the type used at some parades...

McNeese has used them in our endzones in the past. Along with a simple ROPE, and a bunch of cops telling people do not cross.

They need to open the hills.

FightinBluHen51
December 9th, 2007, 07:06 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/12/27/inside1-guinness.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!!!! xthumbsupx
Better brilliant would be to move it to knoxville.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM

yeah but how good are you guys at hanging from tree limbs on a hillside? :D

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM
yeah but how good are you guys at hanging from tree limbs on a hillside? :D
That my friend is a skill that only true hillbillies are born with, so I'd say they wouldn't be too good at it.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Better brilliant would be to move it to knoxville.

while i do believe this game could fill a stadium much larger than finley... i also dont think putting us in knoxville is the right idea... 104,000 may be a few too many and may make it look like no one is there!

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
while i do believe this game could fill a stadium much larger than finley... i also dont think putting us in knoxville is the right idea... 104,000 may be a few too many and may make it look like no one is there!

it would probably SOUND like that other big stadium sounded like this year xlolx

appstate1998
December 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
just take a couple bottles of patron and offer them to the drunkest people you see for their tickets at tailgate.....ticket problem solved

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Well that sure would be fun to fill up UT's stadium that would attract some serious national attention