PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason the game is being shown on ESPN2?

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I know it has been for awhile now, but I don't see why ESPN wouldn't want to air it on ESPN instead ESPN2.

I mean, on ESPN at the same time Friday you get....

Orlando Magic vs. Charlotte Bobcats

It's just an observation, but all I can say is...

wow

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Sadly, more people will watch the Bobcats and Magic...

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I know it has been for awhile now, but I don't see why ESPN wouldn't want to air it on ESPN instead ESPN2.

I mean, on ESPN at the same time Friday you get....

Orlando Magic vs. Charlotte Bobcats

It's just an observation, but all I can say is...

wow

NBA is one of ESPN's marquee events, can't say I'm totally surprised.

The NCAA made them take the Championship Game (along with the D-II and D-III games) to televise regular season games. Although really, if you get ESPN, you get ESPN2 these days, so it's not really a big difference. Heck, you can get both channels in HD now (don't know if this game will be, though).

MSUBear42
December 8th, 2007, 09:34 PM
The SIU-Delaware game today was in HD and it looked great!

Appdad
December 8th, 2007, 09:34 PM
NBA is one of ESPN's marquee events, can't say I'm totally surprised.

The NCAA made them take the Championship Game (along with the D-II and D-III games) to televise regular season games. Although really, if you get ESPN, you get ESPN2 these days, so it's not really a big difference. Heck, you can get both channels in HD now (don't know if this game will be, though).
In many areas ESPN2 is a digital teir channel and ESPN is included in basic. Therefore the number of households having ESPN2 is less.

TCisMYhero
December 8th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Heck, you can get both channels in HD now (don't know if this game will be, though).

Both semifinal games were in HD, it would blow my mind if the championship wasn't in HD.

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Both semifinal games were in HD, it would blow my mind if the championship wasn't in HD.

If that's the case, then it probably will be. The TV in my apartment can't do HD, so it doesn't really matter to me :D

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Yea it is in HD, would blow my mind if it wasn't.

But yea that's what I figured. I know ESPN2 is usually only on some cable companies digital tiers. That's why I hate they always have to show it on ESPN2. Means a lot of people are going to miss a great game.

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM
just they way it is er i guess... it has been on espn2 as long as i have been paying attention... dont really know why...