APPALACHIANstate
December 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Woo!

YOsef
December 8th, 2007, 06:32 PM
WOOT

appman111
how good is UD's defense??? and is that guy who got ejected gonna play?

T-Dog
Dream matchup right here. Two teams that have never played each other meet in the big city under the bright lights.

appstate38
December 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Chatty is in for a treat with this one. Lets set some records for this one... How bout it???

AlphaSigMD
So it comes down to the two teams playing the best football right now.

Will Delaware's defense be able to stop ASU's offense.

This question has been asked again and again with 2 CAA teams plugged in so far, and 1 high powered Big Sky team. I think that this will be the toughest game that ASU will have faced all year, but I think that we have a great chance of bringing home a 3rd straight national championship!

Grizalltheway
Two great teams with great fan bases. Should be rocking in Chatty. xthumbsupx

Peems
First one to 56 wins xnodx

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I kinda hoped we'd get SIU so there would be more tickets for App fans. Is it still going to be an overwhelming ASU crowd?

AlphaSigMD
So it comes down to the two teams playing the best football right now.

Will Delaware's defense be able to stop ASU's offense.

This question has been asked again and again with 2 CAA teams plugged in so far, and 1 high powered Big Sky team. I think that this will be the toughest game that ASU will have faced all year, but I think that we have a great chance of bringing home a 3rd straight national championship!

Juggling a medical education and a football obsession shouldn't be this hard...

Mountaineer

xlolx

I wouldn't doubt it!

ERASU2113
Mountaineers vs. Blue Hens.....going to be a good one.

LehighFan11
Ah this game is going to be awesome! I cant wait for next friday!!!!!

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 06:35 PM
LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GONNA BE A FUN ONE!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

LehighFan11

You are referring to the first half, correct?:)

ERASU2113

I'd guess and say 100 :D

appstate38
December 8th, 2007, 06:36 PM
It is going to be a fun week on this board... Definitely!

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 06:36 PM
The key IMO, is going to be ASU's secondary. Flacco has a freakish arm, but it seems like his receivers aren't all that great. Lots of dropped passes. If our 3 seniors in the defensive secondary can contain the pass, I have faith in our linebackers and D-line to contain the rush.

Intrepid
December 8th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Put my money on Delaware...35 -30 UD over ASU

Peems
You are referring to the first half, correct?:)

xlolx

Let's get some guesses on the numbers that some of these guys will put up.

Armanti: 289 yards rushing 3 TDs 199 yards passing 2 TDs
Flacco: 345 yards passing 4 TDs
Omar: 258 Yards Rushing 3 TDs
K-Rich/Moore: 100+ yards rushing 1 TD

AppStateSVX
GOO ASU!!!!!

this is going to be a GREAT game!!!

LehighFan11
I think it will come down to if Del and stop Armanti. Delaware is going to score their points agaisnt App. If Armanti can score at will like last night, I think App will win. App has enough exprience to get it done late on defeense.

Applete
December 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Judging by tonights game, if Flacco is pressured he tends to make poor decisions and is affraid to run the ball.

LehighFan11
December 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Im thinking 78-76 App in 5 OTs

AppStateSVX
December 8th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Flacco is going to get some HARD pressure from the ASU front, count on it. He looks pretty immobile so expect ASU to be much more proficient at stopping the run

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Judging by tonights game, if Flacco is pressured he tends to make poor decisions and is affraid to run the ball.

Tell me about it. The guy just throws it up for grabs. I hope to God he does that against us.

ncguitarplyr
December 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
the only way anyone has beaten app is to run it, then run it, then run it agian....aka keep the ball out of the offense's hands and make the game short....delaware ain't that kinda team

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Tell me about it. The guy just throws it up for grabs. I hope to God he does that against us.

xpopcornx

I can't wait until some of the UD guys get on the board!!!

'neers80
December 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM
flacco has a canon of an arm.

asudan22
December 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM
so can the ejected player play next week or not???

Mountaineer
xpopcornx

xshhhx xoopsx

It's certainly going to be obnoxious. I promise you that. xwhistlex Think I may take a week long break. xlolx

bench
Armanti v. Flacco: unstoppable force v. immobile object

AppStateSVX
December 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
props to the Blue Hens for a great game!

sure wasn't much offense in that game though

93henfan

You watched the game?xeyebrowx

CopperCat
the only way anyone has beaten app is to run it, then run it, then run it agian....aka keep the ball out of the offense's hands and make the game short....delaware ain't that kinda team

Ummm.........does the name Omar Cuff ring a bell? Did you happen to watch any of the UD/SIU game today? Yeah, Cuff is a stud and will create that run game when it is needed.xnonox

Mountain Panther
Dream matchup right here. Two teams that have never played each other meet in the big city under the bright lights.

xeyebrowx

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I can't help but wonder who will be favored.

ASU has the history, the better offense, a larger crowd and are coming off their best game of the year. Oh yeah, they've got Armanti Edwards, who is playing better than anyone else in the country right now.

Delaware's offense is great, but its not quite as powerful as ASU's. As my buddy J. the sports editor said "they've got flacco and cuff in the backfield, so how did they lose a game?". They have a better defense than ASU, but their defense was not rated as good as richmond's, and we dropped 55 on them. Likely how well ASU can handle Omar Cuff will be the big test, as ASU will likely have to expose some secondary in order to scheme around that.

I don't think our team will be intimidated a bit by Delaware, and I don't think that we will intimidate them either. I think it will be a close game, and I think that virtually everyone on this board outside the SoCon will be saying that Delaware will win.

But, I don't think that Delaware has any idea about what is coming for them in Armanti Edwards. If ASU plays they way they did on friday, I can't see them losing to anyone.

Lets go ASU! Lets bring back the title for the 3rd straight time!

Mountaineer
December 8th, 2007, 06:49 PM
xeyebrowx

Chattanooga:

Population (2006)
- City 168,293 (city proper)
- Metro 496,704

xeyebrowx

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
xpopcornx

Maybe he doesn't do that normally, but I saw some really stupid passes under pressure that could have easily been interceptions.

BigApp
December 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
sad that Appalachian plays more good CAA teams than their autobid...

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Armanti v. Flacco: unstoppable force v. immobile object

More like, fast little son-of-a-***** vs 6' 6", 230 lbs, laser rocket arm.xlolx

Gonna be fun I tell ya!xthumbsupx

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Ummm.........does the name Omar Cuff ring a bell? Did you happen to watch any of the UD/SIU game today? Yeah, Cuff is a stud and will create that run game when it is needed.xnonox

Hightower was a stud too.

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 06:52 PM

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.xlolx

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM

But he doesn't have Flacco.

Mountain Panther
December 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Chattanooga:

Population (2006)
- City 168,293 (city proper)
- Metro 496,704

xeyebrowx

Didn't feel nearly that big when I was there. If the game were in Atlanta I would say "big city."

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Does Armanti Edwards ring a bell? Has Delaware faced a more impressive player the entire year?

Omar Cuff is a great RB, but I think that ASU's defense exorcised a couple of demons when it held Tim Hightower to 95 yards.

ASU has already faced quite a few excellent running offenses this year. GSU, Wofford were losses, but we certainly learned from them.
Michigan, Furman, JMU and Richmond all have excellent rushing offenses, and we managed to win against each of them.

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM

Are your receivers any good (serious question)? hard to tell because of the weather, but they dropped a ton of passes.

bench
December 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM
More like, fast little son-of-a-***** vs 6' 6", 230 lbs, laser rocket arm.xlolx

Gonna be fun I tell ya!xthumbsupx

Flacco reminded me a bit of Drew Bledsoe today. There's good and bad with that

He does have a strong arm, no doubt

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM

But in all fairness, UR didn't need Flacco to win at Delaware.

Mountaineer
December 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM

I love this stuff. xlolx xlolx If it wasn't going to be Hightower running for hundreds of yards on us the other Spiders RB would..then it was an injury to someone on the Richmond oline..now it's because he didn't have a player from Delaware back there with him. xthumbsupx

OB55
It will be a match up of the physical vs. finesse.

Could be a real classic. Great job tonight by the play by play and commentating BTW. xthumbsupx

93henfan
Are your receivers any good (serious question)? hard to tell because of the weather, but they dropped a ton of passes.

We have three good (not great - not big) receivers. They all run good routes and have incredible hands - have to when the ball comes that hard). We also have two huge (and fast) TEs that know how to get down field. Throw in Cuff and it's tough to shut down everyone.

This game comes down to one thing: can we slow down (not totally contain) Armanti and force a field goal or two and a stop or two. Our offense will hold its own.

Great game in store Friday.xthumbsupx

Mountaineer
December 8th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Didn't feel nearly that big when I was there. If the game were in Atlanta I would say "big city."

If the game were in Atlanta I would say "sprawling cesspool". :p xlolx

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
As a side note...has anyone else noticed that ASU has not won a single coin toss during the playoffs. 1 in 8 chances of that...but so far, going on offense has worked out for us. Wonder what will happen next weekend?

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
This game comes down to one thing: can we slow down (not totally contain) Armanti

Ah, the answer is: no. Judging solely from my view of today's game, Delaware is not fast enough to slow down Armanti. Your only hope is to control the ball & force some turnovers. Richmond almost did it, but not quite.

Looking for a great time in Chatty. I hope to meet many Hen fans & buy 'em a beer.

BigApp
December 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I reaaaaaaallly think they should move this game to GaTech's stadium...it's close to Chattanooga, but Finley is not nearly large enough to accomodate this crowd

Cobblestone
December 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Congrats and best wishes to the Hens. I salute you, Mr. Chicken.

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2007, 07:05 PM
As a side note...has anyone else noticed that ASU has not won a single coin toss during the playoffs. 1 in 8 chances of that...but so far, going on offense has worked out for us. Wonder what will happen next weekend?

I hate to contradict the good doctor, but we won the coin toss against JMU and EWU. I listened to both on the radio as I watched them. We just chose to receive. We did lose the toss in the Richmond game & they deferred.

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I reaaaaaaallly think they should move this game to GaTech's stadium...it's close to Chattanooga, but Finley is not nearly large enough to accomodate this crowd

That would be great. Then the other 7,000 Delaware fans beside the 3,000 season ticket holders lucky enough to pick up tickets could attend.

App fans should be happy. You will be 85% of the stadium down there the way things worked out.

Btw, no whining here. This is all on our ticket office for not reserving the same amount of seats as you guys did.

FCS Preview
December 8th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Congratulations, Delaware!

SoCon vs CAA for the National Championship...

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM
This is the matchup that most of us wanted to see... I cant wait to get down there and get this game underway

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I like UD being the big underdog and basically on the road for this game. It has worked great the last two weeks!

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
By the way App fans, don't confuse the uniforms on Friday. This team is better than those copycats up in Ann Arbor.xlolx xlolx xlolx

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Just to let you guys know...not sure if it was mentioned.

Unlike the last two season, ASU is going to be the home team. The coin toss I guess at the beginning of the playoffs determined that. It was announced last night during the press conference.

Maybe even being the home team, we can choose to wear the whites xthumbsupx

Mountaineer
December 8th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I like UD being the big underdog and basically on the road for this game. It has worked great the last two weeks!

No fair! :p Just make sure all the CAA folks keep telling us how bad we're going to lose - like we were supposed to against UMass, JMU and Richmond.

xrulesx

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM

Unlike the last two season, ASU is going to be the home team. The coin toss I guess at the beginning of the playoffs determined that. It was announced last night during the press conference.

It's a wash really because Delaware wore Blues in 2003, so you'll either have both teams with the luckies or the unluckies, which cancels out if you are into karma.

I will add that Delaware has looked good in white the last two weeks though!xthumbsupx

turn1979
December 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM

I wouldn't exactly say he just throws it up there. Only 5 INTs all year.

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM

no wonder my student ticket is in section 211... what an awful section but at least i have a seat unllike some people

turn1979
December 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM

We have heard this before. UNI kept telling us about how UD lost to New Hampshire.

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
It's a wash really because Delaware wore Blues in 2003, so you'll either have both teams with the luckies or the unluckies, which cancels out if you are into karma.

I will add that Delaware has looked good in white the last two weeks though!xthumbsupx

Haha yea I know. People are just alittle superstitious, at least in the media, ya know? :D

Also, our season started and ends with teams that wear the same helmet design and colors. Watching the game tonight I almost though SIU was playing Michigan, not UD xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I am not too worried about our uniform colors... plus we look good in black and I am actually looking forward to the national title game getting to see us in our blacks!

UMass922
December 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM
This is an awesome matchup. Two great conferences, two great programs, two great fan bases. Should be a spectacular atmosphere in Chattanooga. ASU is looking to become the first I-AA/FCS team to three-peat; Delaware is looking to join ASU in the two-titles club.

I'll be rooting like crazy for the Hens, but it's hard for me not to predict a win for the Mountaineers. Their offense is clicking right now, and when they're clicking, I just don't know how you outscore them. Delaware can and will put up some points too, but I think ASU will pull away late as they did against Richmond last night and against UMass last year. So I'll say:

ASU 45
UD 35

Definitely looking forward to it.

Appaholic69
December 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM

I know that FCS fans would fill a larger stadium. No offense to Chatty but a bigger stadium would help lend more credibility to the FCS championship as well. Pack in nearly 50,000 fans, and you know we could, and suddenly the FBS(Fulla Buls**t Series) becomes less impressive.

hapapp
December 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Flacco is going to get some HARD pressure from the ASU front, count on it. He looks pretty immobile so expect ASU to be much more proficient at stopping the run

We have not really pressured the QB that much this year. If Flacco gets time he can make it tough on our secondary. Not matter how much wishful thinking we engage in, this is going to be a war. Like most big games, it will likely come down to a play or two and which team can avoid the turnovers.

UMass922
December 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Haha yea I know. People are just alittle superstitious, at least in the media, ya know? :D

Also, our season started and ends with teams that wear the same helmet design and colors. Watching the game tonight I almost though SIU was playing Michigan, not UD xsmiley_wix

Makes me wonder: has anyone ever pulled off the blue-and-yellow-winged-helmet sweep by beating Michigan and Delaware in the same year? It would be an interesting bit of trivia . . .

AppStateSVX
December 8th, 2007, 07:35 PM
We have not really pressured the QB that much this year. If Flacco gets time he can make it tough on our secondary. Not matter how much wishful thinking we engage in, this is going to be a war. Like most big games, it will likely come down to a play or two and which team can avoid the turnovers.

yes, but for once we are playing against a QB that doesn't use his feet as much ;)

Appaholic69
December 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM

I agree. I couldn't help but think that if Delaware won, as far as the uniform goes, it would look like an Appalachian Michigan rematch.

Wait a sec....it kinda is! Michigan had a QB that was supposed to be a really great passer and a RB that was supposed to be awesome as well. Doesn't Delaware have the same kinda feel?

Can't wait to be in Chattanooga!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Granted any game during the playoffs could have drawn more interest to the FCS....

I think two of the best teams who are playing at their best, and with great fan bases, could bring much more attention to the FCS and show the rest of the football world what FCS football is all about :D

Appaholic69
December 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Granted any game during the playoffs could have drawn more interest to the FCS....

I think two of the best teams who are playing at their best, and with great fan bases, could bring much more attention to the FCS and show the rest of the football world what FCS football is all about :D

Why don't you write a story about a comparison between the two series? I mean here they are trying to tought how great the FBS players are by shoving a meaningless, jinxed Heismen trophy down our throats, when we know full well there are players all over the FCS that have put up numbers that are just as good. I'll even recommend a few to start with:

Armanti Edwards (Heismen)
Kevin Richardson (Heismen)
Tim Hightower (Heismen)
Joe Flacco (Heismen)
Corey Lynch (Bronko Nagurski)
and several others have played as well if not beter than Tebow, McFadden, and Colt!

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
No fair! :p Just make sure all the CAA folks keep telling us how bad we're going to lose - like we were supposed to against UMass, JMU and Richmond.

xrulesx

Whoa, where did that come from. UD is the 13th seed! No one except for a few UD homers have been predicting them to be giant killers through the playoffs except for maybe against DSU. Check out that ASU fan/"journalist" who covers FCS for evidence! ;)

APPride
December 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
does anyone have a detailed seating chart for finley? on home side in sect. 202 is seat 1 on a row on the endzone direction end of row or other end?

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
does anyone have a detailed seating chart for finley? on home side in sect. 202 is seat 1 on a row on the endzone direction end of row or other end?

This doesn't go into that much detail but hopefully this will help somewhat

http://www.utc.edu/Administration/McKenzieArena/finley.htm

Edit: This one might be better.

http://www.div1fbchampionship.com/images/diagram%20.jpg (http://www.div1fbchampionship.com/images/diagram%20.jpg)

APPride
December 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM

exactly, not detailed...There was a guy in line last night that seemed to have one more detailed but I can't find it online. thanks though

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM

wow i know my section 211 aint great but dang I am in row 45 and that chart says there are 46 rows so i am in the second to last row in a section in the upper deck in the endzone... damn

straightshooter
December 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Don't forget next week's likely Payton Award winner - Mr. Foster.

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
He should win that IMO... he deserves it...

ERASU2113
December 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Don't forget next week's likely Payton Award winner - Mr. Foster.

And the Buchanan Award winner - Mr. Lynch

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM

Seat 1 is closest seat to the midfield in its section.

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Wow...ASU as the home team. I NEVER expected that. My tickets are section 127, row 10, seats 1-6. So I guess that means I'll be near a buncha delaware fans.

Nobody throw a bottle, ok? xlolx Atleast 3 other AGS'ers will be there with me.

ball21
December 8th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Is ASU on the Home for sure!!

AZGrizFan
December 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM

which may explain why their autobid is no longer around... xeyebrowx

Tubby Raymond
December 8th, 2007, 08:31 PM

UR's QB played the game of his life against us, didn't play like that before us and didn't play like that after either. OBVIOUSLYxnonono2x

SunCoastBlueHen
December 8th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I think the Hens are probably about two touchdown underdogs. However, if they can somehow find a way to slow A.E. down (put a spy on him) and the UD receivers can actually hang on to the ball, I think Delaware can make a game of it. xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
December 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Congrats, Hens!xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx Best of luck against ASU in 'Nooga!:D

Rob Iola
December 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Congratulations, Delaware!

SoCon vs CAA for the National Championship...

Say Eric, could you just go ahead and change your signature to Appalachian State now and save yourself the trouble for later on?

HaveFunKc
December 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
That would be great. Then the other 7,000 Delaware fans beside the 3,000 season ticket holders lucky enough to pick up tickets could attend.

App fans should be happy. You will be 85% of the stadium down there the way things worked out.

Btw, no whining here. This is all on our ticket office for not reserving the same amount of seats as you guys did.

Yea! What's the deal with that??? xconfusedx I would be pi$$ed to no end if I was a Hen... After the great run UD has had during the playoffs - I'm expecting you guys to help pack the house (and more) in 'Nooga come Friday. xnodx

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

appstate38
December 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I think the Hens are probably about two touchdown underdogs. However, if they can somehow find a way to slow A.E. down (put a spy on him) and the UD receivers can actually hang on to the ball, I think Delaware can make a game of it. xthumbsupx

I don't know that a spy will be fast enough to keep pace with him.

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I don't know that a spy will be fast enough to keep pace with him.

I think the only way a spy is helpful with Edwards is if he's forced to go up the middle hole towards the spy, then the spy has a better chance at getting a good angle. If Edwards goes outside, I think his speed is so deceptive that the proper angle is hard to gauge.

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:03 PM
What happened to AE in the JMU game? I know ASU won it with some late JMU miscues, but did JMU have a strategy that worked? I want to look at that game...

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Like I said in another thread, I think Delaware is just too slow up front to slow down the Richardson/AE duo. UD gave up a lot of points to Navy this year, and this year's Navy team wasn't as good as the 8-5 Navy team that they beat in 2003. Now they are going to face a team that has more speed than Navy does.

I think the game will look at lot like the game with Richmond did. Delaware will put up a good bit of points, but I think they'll be short about 14 or so.

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2007, 09:04 PM
What happened to AE in the JMU game? I know ASU won it with some late JMU miscues, but did JMU have a strategy that worked? I want to look at that game...

Yea, don't let him get the ball...

I haven't looked at how many stops we actually had, but ASU had a short field several times thanks to turnovers. It's hard for him to get a lot of yards when he's only got 30 to go...

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Makes me wonder: has anyone ever pulled off the blue-and-yellow-winged-helmet sweep by beating Michigan and Delaware in the same year? It would be an interesting bit of trivia . . .

Ah, but the more important and relevant question is has anyone ever beaten the Mountaineers wearing those winged helmet thingies?

I don't think so.

NovaHater
December 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Wow...ASU as the home team. I NEVER expected that. My tickets are section 127, row 10, seats 1-6. So I guess that means I'll be near a buncha delaware fans.

Nobody throw a bottle, ok? xlolx Atleast 3 other AGS'ers will be there with me.

You don't want to sit with those unruly Hen fans so I'll do you a favor and buy them from you :)

BlueHenBoy
December 8th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I think Delaware has shown that they can stop the run, but now they cannot stop the pass, DB's are too slow. If the the QB makes it to the 3rd level, hes going to blow right pass our DB's.

Prindle is a 2nd string LB at best, I don't think it matters whether he plays or not.

Appdad
December 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM

APP has only lost when AE was injured. He looked healthy to me last night.

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Did he play against JMU?

SunCoastBlueHen
December 8th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I think the only way a spy is helpful with Edwards is if he's forced to go up the middle hole towards the spy, then the spy has a better chance at getting a good angle. If Edwards goes outside, I think his speed is so deceptive that the proper angle is hard to gauge.

UD actually has some good speed on the ends and that could force AE to the middle. That is why I think a spy could be effective.

Rob Iola
December 8th, 2007, 09:30 PM
UD's playing next week in Chatty because they made fewer mistakes than UNI and SIU. If ASU makes as many mistakes as the Gateway did UD's got a really good chance at pulling off the upset...

Appdad
December 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Did he play against JMU?

Did App lose that game?xconfusedx

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Did I say they did? Then again, you know what I meant... ;)

Appdad
December 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Did I say they did? Then again, you know what I meant... ;)

And you know what I meant!:)

bluehenbillk
December 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Yo BigApp we can burn copies of the GPI in the Nooga!!

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
No doubt, this has the potential to be an explosive matchup

2 marquee programs with big fanbases going toe-to-toe in Choo-Choo town. Should be a big game atmosphere with big time players.

My instinct is that turnovers are going to be the key stat in this game. Both teams can move the ball and score points, it'll be the times they don't get to the end zone that will make the real difference. UD won't be able to keep up with the Mountaineers if they start losing the ball, and ASU is going to find the Hens won't die easily, and need to not give them opportunities to stay in the game.

Appalachian State should be the favorites going in, although I'm not sure yet who I'm going to pick

APPride
December 8th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Seat 1 is closest seat to the midfield in its section.

thanks doc

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Did he play against JMU?

Rad:

The answer is: not much. What McVeryl did not completely explain was that JMU's TOP was 40 minutes to ASU's 20. JMU played a perfect game of keep away, and it almost worked.

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Yea, don't let him get the ball...

I haven't looked at how many stops we actually had, but ASU had a short field several times thanks to turnovers. It's hard for him to get a lot of yards when he's only got 30 to go...

Rad:

The answer is: not much. What McVeryl did not completely explain was that JMU's TOP was 40 minutes to ASU's 20. JMU played a perfect game of keep away, and it almost worked.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be deceptive. That's what I meant by "don't let him get the ball."

My main point was that I'm not sure how many times we actually stopped ASU such that a look at our defensive "plan" would help anybody. Our entire game plan is a no-brainer...the key is pulling it off.

My other point is that Edwards' stats from that game may be deceptively lower than they could've been because of the short fields he had to work with.

WrenFGun
December 8th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Let's go UD (go CAA!)..bring it back!

BigApp
December 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
wow i know my section 211 aint great but dang I am in row 45 and that chart says there are 46 rows so i am in the second to last row in a section in the upper deck in the endzone... damn

trust me, you'll be thankful for those seats!

74AppState
December 8th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Two teams with big W's against bowl teams.

HiHiYikas
December 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=pv5fjq7wq9f9&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=12994206&encType=1

I guess this photo is about one year old.

BigApp
December 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Yo BigApp we can burn copies of the GPI in the Nooga!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'll bring the firewood! :D

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 10:43 PM
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=pv5fjq7wq9f9&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=12994206&encType=1

I guess this photo is about one year old.

yes it is... great photo though... mountaineers and minutemen in the endzones...

Appdad
December 8th, 2007, 10:47 PM
yes it is... great photo though... mountaineers and minutemen in the endzones...
Memories.......:) :) :) :) :)

HiHiYikas
December 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I like to think they've kept the turf that says "Mountaineers" close at hand since 2005

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Memories.......:) :) :) :) :)

made me think of my dad when i saw your post cuz he lives in the "atlanta area" as well

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 8th, 2007, 11:15 PM
trust me, you'll be thankful for those seats!

First off, I don't think there's a real bad seat in Finley. We sat in the lower corner (5 rows up) in '05 and 35 rows up in the other corner last year.

While we'd all like to be 50-yard line, be glad you have tix (I'm sure glad that I ordered mine Tuesday from the NCAA site.

Second, I think it's great that they are playing in a 30,000 seat stadium. There will be as much demand for this ticket as for any FBS "bowl" game (faux NC game excluded). Also, CHATT does a great job hosting this game and runs a first class operation. Imagine a 60,000 seat stadium with a Big Sky team playing a small, private school for a championship. It's better to have a full smaller stadium, then a cavernous half-empty stadium

Finally, I actually wish that Delaware had about 12,000 seats. It's a rare atmosphere to have two large, passionate crowds in a game for all the marbles. Northern Iowa made it fun in '05 by bringing over 6,000.

For those that are going for the first time, you are going to see one of the best settings for a game and make sure you get there early for the tailgate.

GO APPS and best of luck to the Blue Hens!

blackfordpu
December 8th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Sorry Delaware but I think Appy is going to steam roll you. I have been wrong before though.

thmst30
December 8th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Tried the 3D version of the stadium, pretty damn cool. You can go inside it and just kind of scan the field. Of course its very low quality and not 100% accurate, but still neat.

asudan22
December 9th, 2007, 12:21 AM

what seat you in, I'm in that section down about 25 rows

Peems
December 9th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I want UD, but think App. St will win comfortably by about 10 or more.

Yosef92
December 9th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Hooray beer! And hooray App!

Should be a good game. If App had any sustained Defense, I would call it a walk over. But with App's D being suspect against the run, and our special teams being not so, it should even out the App Offense's advantage.

But App has been clutch on D when it matters. They will give up yards and points, but Corey will make a pick, and seal the game.

ASU 42
Un-Michigan 27

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 01:08 AM

The odd thing now is that there is only one county separating the Chattanooga metro area from the Atlanta metro area. That just dumbfounds me having lived in both areas.

B&G
December 9th, 2007, 03:48 AM
ASU OFF vs UD DEF: I didn't see anything that indicated Delaware had more team speed than Richmond. They will have a hard time keeping up with the likes of Armanti and Dexter Jackson. I could see them selling out to make sure Armanti can't beat him with his legs. If they do that, then Richardson and Batichon could have a big game. ASU seemingly adds a new wrinkle every game. TE Cardwell's two td's versus Richmond gives the Hens that much more to think about. No defensive coordinator has figured out how to slow ASU's spread this season so we will see what he has in store.

UD OFF vs ASU DEF: Cuff is going to be a nightmare. Not only can he run but he can catch too. It's like going against a K-Rich doppleganger... he even wears #28. Flacco has an NFL arm but doesn't look like he will hurt App with his legs. This is a key for ASU's defense as the previous rounds showed they can be hurt by a scrambling QB. The Hens WR's need to watch the drops or this could be a long day. One factor that could hurt App is that Delaware has some TE's that could make the LB's pay for keying too much on Cuff.

WildcatFan
December 9th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Did not realize they have never played each other - this is going to be interesting. Best of luck to Delaware.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:10 AM
how good is UD's defense??? and is that guy who got ejected gonna play?

the defense has some playmakers but can give up big plays,
most
delaware fans dont think to highly of #55, better off with Mukambi a freshman playing

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:14 AM

he has looked calm cool and collected back there against UNI and SIU

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:16 AM

not so, they have burned 9 minutes of the 4th qtr on at least 2 occasions

Cuff cuff Cuff again Cuff more Cuff

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:17 AM

I must of missed that up for grabs passxnonox

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:20 AM

your big lead took Richmond out of thier normal game and Hightower was not close to 100 pct

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:25 AM

they have struggled with drops going back to last year, improved this year, yesterday they kind of reverted
#17 Aaron Love - dropped one neat the endZone - very uncharateristic of him - his hands are usually great - he did get body slammed on the play before that - he should not drop any next week

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:28 AM
By the way App fans, don't confuse the uniforms on Friday. This team is better than those copycats up in Ann Arbor.xlolx xlolx xlolx

and I like the irony of the uniform story

OB55
December 9th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Delaware will assign a spy to Edwards, and play ball control with their offense. Eliminate errors, and it might work.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:34 AM

spy, it better be 007 with all his gadgetry:D

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:43 AM
ASU OFF vs UD DEF: I didn't see anything that indicated Delaware had more team speed than Richmond. They will have a hard time keeping up with the likes of Armanti and Dexter Jackson. I could see them selling out to make sure Armanti can't beat him with his legs. If they do that, then Richardson and Batichon could have a big game. ASU seemingly adds a new wrinkle every game. TE Cardwell's two td's versus Richmond gives the Hens that much more to think about. No defensive coordinator has figured out how to slow ASU's spread this season so we will see what he has in store.

UD OFF vs ASU DEF: Cuff is going to be a nightmare. Not only can he run but he can catch too. It's like going against a K-Rich doppleganger... he even wears #28. Flacco has an NFL arm but doesn't look like he will hurt App with his legs. This is a key for ASU's defense as the previous rounds showed they can be hurt by a scrambling QB. The Hens WR's need to watch the drops or this could be a long day. One factor that could hurt App is that Delaware has some TE's that could make the LB's pay for keying too much on Cuff.

cant disagree with any of this - you can bet the house the Delaware staff will design something to keep AE in check and take our chances with your other guys....I dont know if it can actually be accomplsihed however

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 07:54 AM
you can bet the house the Delaware staff will design something to keep AE in check and take our chances with your other guys

I'm thinking we send as many Delaware fans as possible that have the flu to Boone, NC this week, dress them as App fans, and just have them follow Armanti around and shake his hand a lot and ask for autographs.xsmiley_wix

YesAppCan
December 9th, 2007, 07:58 AM
I'm thinking we send as many Delaware fans as possible that have the flu to Boone, NC this week, dress them as App fans, and just have them follow Armanti around and shake his hand a lot and ask for autographs.xsmiley_wix

Are the going to tell him how good he is too? (;>)

Oldhen
December 9th, 2007, 08:06 AM

I think that's a fair take. To extend it some...

I can't see UD coming out and playing their standard, plain-vanilla defensive set against ASU. If they do, they'll deserve exactly what Edwards gives them. We've played two triple option teams this year in URI and USNA (still an apples-to-oranges comparison, mind you), and I think our DC is probably going to draw some ideas from one of those defensive schemes to use this week. There just isn't enough time to install a whole new defense for Edwards, so I expect any wrinkles to come out of things they had in place before. Just FWIW, we've played an awful lot of folks on D this year, and are pretty confident in a lot of our subs. Wouldn't surprise me a lot to see our DC tilt his lineups and rotations away from they guys we've been using against power running teams and toward a smaller/faster lineup. That said, I think Edwards plays at a speed/level we haven't seen. I don't think we have anybody that matches up with him.

(NOTE: Of course, all we're really talking about doing is holding the guy around 300 yards of offense... I think that's the best anybody can hope to do. Ultimately, I think our best chance in the game is a wide-open, go-for-broke offensive approach, and hope to execute well enough on O to be there at the end.)

Team speed? Eh... if I assume #99 is going to be limited like he was at SIU, and #55 is going to be inelgible, I think we're probably faster than Richmond at the first two levels when we play their subs (as both subs are probably faster, but not as strong), and the DB's are probably a wash. If #99 and #55 play, it's probably a wash overall.

Only thing that I'd say about our O vs. ASU's D is that our receivers had better bring their best hands on Friday. SIU was the second game I've seen with like 8-10 drops (first was 'Nova). Maybe conditions contributed. We have that many drops against ASU, we'll most likely lose by 3-5 scores.

UncleSam
December 9th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Delaware is the underdog, but they were the 'dog' vs both UNI and SIU as well. If Edwards and ASU play like they did vs Richmond.. they will win, but if they play like they did vs JMU, they will probably lose.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 9th, 2007, 08:24 AM

xnonox

Your 'stats' perfesser would note each random chance has a 50/50 probability but what do I know . . .

I consistently scored 'below average' in statistics!

boonegoon
December 9th, 2007, 08:27 AM
You can't really compare the two games but Del vs JMU and ASU vs JMU are the only real barometer that we have. I notices that JMU had 3 fumbles and got down early. Because of that they could not do to Del what they did to ASU. JMU held Cuff to right at 100 yards and still lost. I really think that this is going to be a great game that wwill be in doubt until the end.

AppMan
December 9th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I know that FCS fans would fill a larger stadium. No offense to Chatty but a bigger stadium would help lend more credibility to the FCS championship as well. Pack in nearly 50,000 fans, and you know we could, and suddenly the FBS(Fulla Buls**t Series) becomes less impressive.

You seem to be forgetting something. If this match-up is between Wofford and Eastern Washington the stadium would be empty.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Delaware will assign a spy to Edwards, and play ball control with their offense. Eliminate errors, and it might work.

that spy will have his work cut out for him... and it hasnt worked for teams trying that all year... so i dont know if it will work this week

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
You seem to be forgetting something. If this match-up is between Wofford and Eastern Washington the stadium would be empty.

that is right and all you have to is look at the attendance records for the title game over the past ten years... other than the last two games (thanks to asu) the stadium has averaged about 13/14k which made it look empty... that would still happen with many other matchups today...

CamelCityAppFan
December 9th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I think that's a fair take. To extend it some...

I can't see UD coming out and playing their standard, plain-vanilla defensive set against ASU. If they do, they'll deserve exactly what Edwards gives them. We've played two triple option teams this year in URI and USNA (still an apples-to-oranges comparison, mind you), and I think our DC is probably going to draw some ideas from one of those defensive schemes to use this week. There just isn't enough time to install a whole new defense for Edwards, so I expect any wrinkles to come out of things they had in place before. Just FWIW, we've played an awful lot of folks on D this year, and are pretty confident in a lot of our subs. Wouldn't surprise me a lot to see our DC tilt his lineups and rotations away from they guys we've been using against power running teams and toward a smaller/faster lineup. That said, I think Edwards plays at a speed/level we haven't seen. I don't think we have anybody that matches up with him.

If your DC tries to get too cute with substitutions between the plays, App will just increase the tempo squash it. Should be a great game-- plenty of strategery to go around! :)

AppMan
December 9th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Interesting how we start and end the year with the winged helments.

Oldhen
December 9th, 2007, 08:46 AM
If your DC tries to get too cute with substitutions between the plays, App will just increase the tempo squash it. Should be a great game-- plenty of strategery to go around!

That isn't usually his tactic. He doesn't sub in situationally for down/distance as much as he subs in at changes of possession.... and the rotation will last for the whole possession (or for set numbers of plays).

Aho_Old_Guy
December 9th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I'm not a big fan of the 'spy'. I think you have to hit AE hard and fast and make ASU go to the pitch or inside handoff. We would have to count on KR for a big game if they succeed in taking AE away - and maybe DJ on some quick slants.

If the UD DL plays the game in ASU's backfield look for a bunch of traps and pulls.

And does the UD QB remind anyone else of Leftwich? He looks like a grown man on the field with a bunch of little kids . . . :)

Be a great game - good luck to UD.

And thank you for winning - maybe we will hear less from that certain Saluki fan who has a problem with our Fearless Leader.

Black Sat for SI - Charlotte spanked 'em 71-56 on the hardwood yesterday

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Delaware is the underdog, but they were the 'dog' vs both UNI and SIU as well. If Edwards and ASU play like they did vs Richmond.. they will win, but if they play like they did vs JMU, they will probably lose.

....Did they not play well against JMU?

JMU kept AE off the field with time consuming drives. You also have to give the JMU Defense some credit for "slowing" down the ASU offense and probably had more team speed than EWU and Richmond...better matchups.... On the other hand, ASU scored quickly when they did have the ball. NO ONE is going to totally shut down ASU and AE.

I agree UD will be the under dog......they better find a way to contain AE and limit 60+ yard scores. The JMU game plan was perfect..except the ending......

GO HENS....

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 09:28 AM

JMU was a tough game because:
1. JMU is a great team
2. JMU has great coaches
3. JMU planned their work and worked their plan

I tip my cap to the JMU players, coaches, and fans!

EmeryZach
December 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I know App is going to win, but I'll be cheering on my CAA brothers from UD. Lets go Hens!

mtoliver
December 9th, 2007, 11:00 AM
your big lead took Richmond out of thier normal game and Hightower was not close to 100 pct

Of course he wasn't.. And you're right we should've kept it closer and given them enough time to get that O going... xrolleyesx

Hightower is a stud RB, oviously. Everyone looks at Reg. season stats and can't admit that the App D has come a long way since mid-season and the injuries that were hurting us then are not near as big of a deal than they were then...

Can't wait til Fri...

mtoliver
December 9th, 2007, 11:12 AM

JMU kept AE off the field with time consuming drives. You also have to give the JMU Defense some credit for "slowing" down the ASU offense and probably had more team speed than EWU and Richmond...better matchups.... On the other hand, ASU scored quickly when they did have the ball. NO ONE is going to totally shut down ASU and AE.

I agree UD will be the under dog......they better find a way to contain AE and limit 60+ yard scores. The JMU game plan was perfect..except the ending......

GO HENS....

Chill. I(and most others), took that statement to mean that App needs to limit turnovers and get off the field on 3rd down. xrolleyesx

mrklean
December 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I hope Appy wins and show the CAA what SoCon speed can do!!!!!!!!!!!

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I know App is going to win, but I'll be cheering on my CAA brothers from UD. Lets go Hens!

it aint as sure of a bet as you may think but i do think app will win...

AppGirl
December 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM
that spy will have his work cut out for him... and it hasnt worked for teams trying that all year... so i dont know if it will work this week

I know. It won't.

proasu89
December 9th, 2007, 01:03 PM

fair and reasonable.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
fair and reasonable.

yes but i really dont see us playing as badly as we did against jmu any time soon...

Mike G.
December 9th, 2007, 01:17 PM
JMU "won" the battle with app for two easy reasons.

1.) mobile QB in landers
2.) the ability to convert on 3 and especially 4th downs

If deleware can do that, then they may beat us. But, and ill admit that Flacco is inhuman with a football, but if Deleware tries to win with a pass game, and they will, no one has been able to win with the passing game all year. The two losses and the close JMU game was all because of the run.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 01:17 PM
yes but i really dont see us playing as badly as we did against jmu any time soon...

I don't think we played bad vs JMU. I am sure you agree tha JMU played great.

mtoliver
December 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I just talked to my dad who said he was watching 2 25 yd. line tix on ebay to see how high they would go. They were at $220 w/ 15 minutes left, then ran all the way up to $330 before time ran out. xeekx

That is some crazy demand... glad i got mine for $18 xcoffeex

Can't wait til Wednesday just so i can get up and then it wil be Thurs. and time to head to CHATT-A-NOOGA!!!!!!! ( still can't get that chant out of my head) xbowx

Tribe4SF
December 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM
JMU "won" the battle with app for two easy reasons.

1.) mobile QB in landers
2.) the ability to convert on 3 and especially 4th downs

If deleware can do that, then they may beat us. But, and ill admit that Flacco is inhuman with a football, but if Deleware tries to win with a pass game, and they will, no one has been able to win with the passing game all year. The two losses and the close JMU game was all because of the run.

Delaware's attack brings a passing game that's at a different level. ASU defense has really stepped up, but I doubt they can get away with 8 in the box, as they did against UR. Flacco is a much better QB than Ward, and the Hens' version of the spread should force a more balanced defensive set from ASU.

tralfangar
December 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Guys. I know it's not everyone, but for those who cannot spell, can we please say Del_A_ware?? We get irritated when people say App-a-lay-shun, don't we? Since the Delaware posters all seem to recognize this perhaps we should show the Hens the same courtesy and spell their school name correctly. It's a freakin state so you should know how to spell it in the first place!

appstate38
December 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Question about defenses.... I don't know about the Hens but it seems that during our playoff run this year that our opponents didn't blitz that much. They seemed content with playing a base front and trying to keep the playmakers in front of them. Heck our own D hasn't blitzed that much except for against EWU. What about you guys (Hens)?

It seems that defenses this year aren't as willing to take alot of chances. Just what I have observed... IMO!

NovaHater
December 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Guys. I know it's not everyone, but for those who cannot spell, can we please say Del_A_ware?? We get irritated when people say App-a-lay-shun, don't we? Since the Delaware posters all seem to recognize this perhaps we should show the Hens the same courtesy and spell their school name correctly. It's a freakin state so you should know how to spell it in the first place!

Nice post there tralfangar. Most of us did take US History didn't we, & since it is one of the original 13 Colonies you would think people could spell it correctly xreadx

Delawho Delaware

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Sorry but at App. St. we don't have maps, so we can't spell it right.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/appmap.jpg:p

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Delaware's attack brings a passing game that's at a different level. ASU defense has really stepped up, but I doubt they can get away with 8 in the box, as they did against UR. Flacco is a much better QB than Ward, and the Hens' version of the spread should force a more balanced defensive set from ASU.

Tribe:
I think what MikeG. was saying was that JMU controlled the ball for most of the game, thus keeping our offense on the bench. If ASU scores TDs on its first 5 possessions, can UD match the score? Based solely on the Del./SIU game, it does not appear like they can. I just do not see the team speed necessary to deal with Armanti. And, if you put 8 in the box, then he can throw it too.

ASU's defense has a bunch of young players, especially on the line. But, they are not freshmen anymore - based on the number of games they have played. Our D is better than the press has given credit for. App's DBs are short, but unbelievably fast. And, then there's Corey always lurking somewhere. So, while I agree that Flacco is one good QB, I think he will be flustered with the D he sees. If I were Delaware's coach, I would run straight up the middle until ASU shows they can stop it. Then, I would pass on play-action, short passes to the sides to eat as much clock as possible. If Del. can control the clock and hog the ball more than 35 minutes of the game, then I'd give them a 50/50 chance here. If App wins or ties the TOP, it's gonna be a long day for the winged helmeted ones.

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I don't like changing things up from what has worked the last two years. It seems that ASU was given the "home" side tickets instead of the usual "away" side. So wouldn't that mean we will also be wearing our home black unis instead of the white that we have won two titles and beat Michigan in? I hope not because there's no reason to change how all this has been done for the last two years. I still don't understand why they put us on the press box side this year. That sucks to me because as I said I don't want everything changing.

phillyAPP
December 9th, 2007, 06:29 PM

Isn't that miss Teen SC?

Southern Fried Babe of the year?xthumbsupx

Good Find and nice shirt!!xeekx

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Isn't that miss Teen SC?

Southern Fried Babe of the year?xthumbsupx

Good Find and nice shirt!!xeekx
Yes it is. I voted for her.xthumbsupx

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Here was her 15 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Wow, good thing she's hot.xthumbsupx

ASUdrummer
December 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I don't like changing things up from what has worked the last two years. It seems that ASU was given the "home" side tickets instead of the usual "away" side. So wouldn't that mean we will also be wearing our home black unis instead of the white that we have won two titles and beat Michigan in? I hope not because there's no reason to change how all this has been done for the last two years. I still don't understand why they put us on the press box side this year. That sucks to me because as I said I don't want everything changing.

Based on ticket sales I'd say there is no home/away side for ASU. It's more like the stadium other than the few sections of UD fans is ASU. I would rather wear white jerseys though...just used to seeing those with the Trophy! xthumbsupx

CopperCat
December 9th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Tribe:
I think what MikeG. was saying was that JMU controlled the ball for most of the game, thus keeping our offense on the bench. If ASU scores TDs on its first 5 possessions, can UD match the score? Based solely on the Del./SIU game, it does not appear like they can. I just do not see the team speed necessary to deal with Armanti. And, if you put 8 in the box, then he can throw it too.

ASU's defense has a bunch of young players, especially on the line. But, they are not freshmen anymore - based on the number of games they have played. Our D is better than the press has given credit for. App's DBs are short, but unbelievably fast. And, then there's Corey always lurking somewhere. So, while I agree that Flacco is one good QB, I think he will be flustered with the D he sees. If I were Delaware's coach, I would run straight up the middle until ASU shows they can stop it. Then, I would pass on play-action, short passes to the sides to eat as much clock as possible. If Del. can control the clock and hog the ball more than 35 minutes of the game, then I'd give them a 50/50 chance here. If App wins or ties the TOP, it's gonna be a long day for the winged helmeted ones.

So you're basically saying UD needn't even show up.........xrolleyesx

Let's just give the trophy to ASU and get it over with.xwhistlex

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 07:18 PM

Yep you know us, if we praise our team for its success it means we're arrogant asses and don't think anyone can touch us. Its OK for the APP fans to think APP is going to win. Hopefully the Delaware fans think they will win. Plus he gave his opinion on how Delaware can win, App is favored by practically everyone so its not like hes over stating it when almost EVERY media outlet and expert is saying the same thing. We know anything can happen and we can lose this game. We haven't declared ourselves the champions, we just believe we have a damn good shot and rightfully so. How dare we believe in our team.

FurmanPaladins4138
December 9th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Go Delaware

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Go Delaware
Traitor:(

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Not what I said. In fact, I was trying to give UD a road map of how to beat ASU. I can see you agree with me though.

terrierbob
December 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Seriously, what would DE need to do to stop him? Any particular schemes that might work (other than keeping him off the field)?

terrierbob
December 9th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Hey, I gotta pull for our SoCon brothers. Go Mountaineers!

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM

Thanks, if App didn't make it to the title I was really going to pull hard for Wofford. Was even going to go to the title and party with you guys.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM

I agree I would be rooting for ANY socon school if app wasnt still alive... I dont know why that furman fan a few posts ago said he was rooting against ASU... you gotta root for your socon bretheren

Tribe4SF
December 9th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Tribe:

I know what Mike was saying. What I was saying is that Delaware's offense presents a different array than UR, and that they are capable of controlling the clock with their passing attack. If you load the box against them, they will go to quick ins and outs, which Flacco has the arm to make work. With a more balanced defensive set facing them, Delaware may well have some success running the ball.

For Delaware to have a shot, they will have to control TOP, and limit Armanti to some degree. I'm saying they have the offensive versatility to potentially do that.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Go Delaware

I hate that FU thing, but it seems appropriate here .!..

ButlerGSU
December 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
It's easy to root for someone we beat this season xsmiley_wix

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Popping back up after you thought you might lose Hatcher?:)

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM

thanks man. see ya next year. xsmiley_wix

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM

I'm coming to Statesboro next year to get payback on you guys :Dxthumbsupx

ur2k
December 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
If Edwards plays anything like he did on Saturday, I don't see anyone stopping App State. Delaware will put some points on the board like Richmond did but I think App will put more up there. Expect a lot of scoring in this one. Should be fun to watch.

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Yeah, we thought that last year too, but you guys weren't in the playoffs xsmiley_wix

Saint3333
December 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Where are the usual Delaware fans, I expected a lot of this xarguex from 89, chickman, gannon, etc?

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Where are the usual Delaware fans, I expected a lot of this xarguex from 89, chickman, gannon, etc?

Everyone's focused on getting tickets and travel arrangements made. It ain't as simple as driving in from Boone. :D :D

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'm not much of a prognosticator or trash talker. I'm just looking forward to the game.

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I'm not much of a prognosticator or trash talker. I'm just looking forward to the game.

Good, trash talking and disrespecting opponents gets REALLY old on here. I originally came here hoping to have some civilized conversations about FCS games, but its getting harder and harder to do that.

UMass922
December 9th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I hope Appy wins and show the CAA what SoCon speed can do!!!!!!!!!!!

We already know what it can do. I don't think anyone here's skeptical of ASU. Two straight national titles (one of them over a CAA team), the win over Michigan, two wins over CAA teams in the playoffs thus far . . . ASU's "SoCon speed" has been more than sufficiently displayed of late, and not least to CAA fans.

appybybirth
December 9th, 2007, 10:09 PM
As goes without saying, ASU's ability NOT to turn the ball over is the key here. Two or more turnovers and it's JMU (and quite possibly a loss). Anything less than that, and they will certainly stand a good chance.

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Plus stopping the run. I don't care how good Flacco is, I'd give Omar Cuff 40+ carries, and I'm not joking at all. It chews up a ton of the clock, and its almost a given that they could drive down the field by just running whenever they want. Unless something magical happens to our run defense this week, but I've been waiting for that all year.

appybybirth
December 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Nice. I have lost faith in App's ability to completely stop the run. I just have come to hope they will outscore the opponent. The only way they have shown that to be troublesome is with turnovers.

UMass922
December 9th, 2007, 10:16 PM
which may explain why their autobid is no longer around... xeyebrowx

Probably, yeah. The fact that the playoffs sorted it all out in the end just goes to show that the unbalanced schedule in the CAA is not the crisis that so many here make it out to be. The only thing the unbalanced schedule casts doubt on is the significance of the CAA conference title (which is why I don't make much of UMass's undefeated CAA championship run last year--not to mention our coin-flip auto-bid this year). But the playoffs will always settle things at the national level, and ultimately that's all that matters.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I like this synopsis in the Winston paper re: AE

In three postseason games he has rushed for 571 yards and 9 touchdowns, completed 41-of-55 passes for 529 yards and 5 scores, and has no turnovers. Edwards is averaging 363 yards of total offense and nearly five TDs per game in the playoffs.

There is greatness, and there is greatness when your team absolutely has to have it.

SactoHornetFan
December 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I say it will go to OT

App State 45
Delaware 44

I think this game will even have the ESPN talking heads be amazed by the level of performance.

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I like this synopsis in the Winston paper re: AE

In three postseason games he has rushed for 571 yards and 9 touchdowns, completed 41-of-55 passes for 529 yards and 5 scores, and has no turnovers. Edwards is averaging 363 yards of total offense and nearly five TDs per game in the playoffs.

There is greatness, and there is greatness when your team absolutely has to have it.
Incredible stats, lets hope he keeps it up and them some for Friday.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I say it will go to OT

App State 45
Delaware 44

I think this game will even have the ESPN talking heads be amazed by the level of performance.

whats coming up that they will be hyping during the game? Surely this game will not get their undivided attention! xeyebrowx

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Since its the same damn idiots from the UR-ASU game last week, I expect a LOT of BCS and bowl talk about how they should go to a playoff, and they will almost certainly call up Tebow and talk to him for 5 minutes about how he feels after winning the Heisman. Then on SportsCenter this game will get the last available slot on the show like it has the last 2 years. It will literally be the last thing they show, and the highlights will last a total of 30 seconds if we're lucky. Apparently ASU's win @ Michigan was enough to garner the FCS recognition for about 2 weeks, now its back to normal. They cover it, but don't really have ANY invested interest in how it all turns out.

UMass922
December 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM
As goes without saying, ASU's ability NOT to turn the ball over is the key here. Two or more turnovers and it's JMU (and quite possibly a loss). Anything less than that, and they will certainly stand a good chance.

Very true. Just ask Georgia Southern fans about the '98 championship game--turnovers are the surest road to getting beaten by an underdog. As I said in an earlier comment, ASU should be able to outscore UD if everything else is equal. But UD certainly has the talent on offense to make you pay for your mistakes. (Of course, it should go without saying that UD can't afford to turn the ball over either, and probably has less margin for error than ASU does.)

GannonFan
December 9th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Two best offenses in the FCS - this won't be a year where defense wins championships.

Appy St - Edwards is a superstar, he'll be playing deep into two more playoffs after this. Everything about the offense is great - tremendous o-line, great running back, receivers are all quick, and the playcalling is superb. Defense isn't that good though. D-backs make some big plays but also let up some big plays. D-line can be moved.

Delaware - Flacco will be the best throwing QB Appy St has seen all year. Henne will be carrying a clipboard in the NFL for Flacco. Speed of the pass (the ball gets to where he throws it in a hurry) will be just as tough for Appy St to get used to as UD will have getting used to Edwards footspeed. Cuff is a stud at RB - he may not impress with big plays, but he's always getting yardage and quietly put up two 170 yard games (run+catch) against both UNI and SIU. Defense is like Appy's - can be moved on but is also opportunistic. They're used to be scored on and yardage piled up on, but they're also used to making the big play to give the offense the chance to win.

Place will be packed (mostly with Appy St fans) and the atmosphere will be electric. Both teams have played in front of big crowds so neither will blink at the noise or the atmosphere. Keeler is a heckuva playoff coach and Moore's gotten used to winning in these spots. Hey, you couldn't have picked a better matchup in a game for all the marbles.

UNIFanSince1983
December 9th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Flacco may not move that well, but he is deceptive when he does. You can hit him but he is so big it is hard to take him down and will get a pass off. If there are decent weather conditions I think UD shoulde be able to pass the ball because of how good Flacco is. And I agree that he is definitely better than Henne.

Now all that being said I think App is not going to be stopped on offense. They are just playing on a different level than everyone right now. I mean that is a senior laden offense so they have all been here before, and most of them more than once. Since we lost to Delaware I think I have to cheer for them, but I just don't think they will be able to pull this one off. App just has too much talent on offense.

I really look forward to watching this game, and will probably be a little mad I am not there cheering on the Panthers, but will still enjoy a great FCS championship game. Good Luck to both.

App St. 38
Delaware28

ASUdrummer
December 9th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Two best offenses in the FCS - this won't be a year where defense wins championships.

Appy St - Edwards is a superstar, he'll be playing deep into two more playoffs after this. Everything about the offense is great - tremendous o-line, great running back, receivers are all quick, and the playcalling is superb. Defense isn't that good though. D-backs make some big plays but also let up some big plays. D-line can be moved.

Delaware - Flacco will be the best throwing QB Appy St has seen all year. Henne will be carrying a clipboard in the NFL for Flacco. Speed of the pass (the ball gets to where he throws it in a hurry) will be just as tough for Appy St to get used to as UD will have getting used to Edwards footspeed. Cuff is a stud at RB - he may not impress with big plays, but he's always getting yardage and quietly put up two 170 yard games (run+catch) against both UNI and SIU. Defense is like Appy's - can be moved on but is also opportunistic. They're used to be scored on and yardage piled up on, but they're also used to making the big play to give the offense the chance to win.

Place will be packed (mostly with Appy St fans) and the atmosphere will be electric. Both teams have played in front of big crowds so neither will blink at the noise or the atmosphere. Keeler is a heckuva playoff coach and Moore's gotten used to winning in these spots. Hey, you couldn't have picked a better matchup in a game for all the marbles.

...Amen!

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I think he will be flustered with the D he sees

I think he will be flustered with the D he seesxnonox

I think he's already drooling at the D he's gonna see:D

MarkCCU
December 10th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I called it. Look it up, 3 weeks ago I called this matchup for the NC.

Let's go Mountaineers!

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2007, 06:27 AM
if I was an ASU fan, i would be fighting overconfidence going into this game. Delaware beat a tough SIU team but did'nt look to good going so, and I think ASU fans are using that game as the Delaware gauge...that gauge needs some calibration ... yes our receivers dropped too many balls, and Flacco cant scramble and made poor decesions (I am paraphrasing what others have said) I was not impressed with Cuff, he doesnt scare me. The defense...not that good, heck, come to think of it...I am not even sure how the made the championship game...this is gonna be easy

some of the things that make me think Delaware will win
ASU has just won back to back - how much do they want a threepeat?

I dont think the realize just how good Delaware can be

Edwards already had his career game last week

Delaware defense is underappreacited even by Hen fans, they have some big playmakers on D - #11, #4, #57 #9 and should I mention #99 hen fans?
Flacco is a better QB than the last guy that they saw wearing this helmet, and most likely the best passing QB they have faced in school history

the state of Michigan will be on our side (every little bit helps)

seriously this game is a dream matchup between two of the most respected programs in the country and ASU fans are alot of fun

Gohens!

mountaineertider
December 10th, 2007, 07:22 AM
if I was an ASU fan, i would be fighting overconfidence going into this game. Delaware beat a tough SIU team but did'nt look to good going so, and I think ASU fans are using that game as the Delaware gauge...that gauge needs some calibration ... yes our receivers dropped too many balls, and Flacco cant scramble and made poor decesions (I am paraphrasing what others have said) I was not impressed with Cuff, he doesnt scare me. The defense...not that good, heck, come to think of it...I am not even sure how the made the championship game...this is gonna be easy

Delaware defense is underappreacited even by Hen fans, they have some big playmakers on D - #11, #4, #57 #9 and should I mention #99 hen fans?
Flacco is a better QB than the last guy that they saw wearing this helmet, and most likely the best passing QB they have faced in school history

seriously this game is a dream matchup between two of the most respected programs in the country and ASU fans are alot of fun

Gohens!

Oh I know how good UD can be, just look at the DSU game. If you can call it that.

Everyone wants to say we don't respect their team, but we do. ASU fans just have confidence in our team.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Oh I know how good UD can be, just look at the DSU game. If you can call it that.

Everyone wants to say we don't respect their team, but we do. ASU fans just have confidence in our team.

I think the NAVY game, on offense anyway, says where we need to beat you
did we look good playing Del St? ;)

AlphaSigMD
December 10th, 2007, 08:01 AM

Gohens!

More of a 50/50 i would think. Losing to the reigning and future champion is better than losing to the runner-up. Only marginally though. Plus, michigan state won't support your helmets. So you have half of Michigan maybe, all of delaware, most of montana and probably a fair bit of new england and the north east. And I guess you'll have the rest of the people who don't want to see ASU 3-peat.

The rest of the country , ( So...Michigan St., Ohio State, Penn State, ND, The SoCon {sans hardcore GSU fans} and anyone who pulls ardently for Gonzaga basketball) will be in ASU's corner. xthumbsupx

HENJOHN
December 10th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I have seen 4 of APP States games on TV this year including the Michigan game (Richmond, JMU & Wofford too) and they are as good and scary as it gets on Offense with their QB healthy. Defensively, I think they are alot like the Hens with some holes but still OK.

My concern, besides the ASU offense, is how much is left in our Tank after all that mid-west traveling, hold ups, logistic snafus etc. Is not reason for any excuse but it still worries me.

That said, I can't wait, the two best teams, with the two best Fan bases whooping it up to decide the Championship ON the field.

CamelCityAppFan
December 10th, 2007, 08:39 AM
That said, I can't wait, the two best teams, with the two best Fan bases whooping it up to decide the Championship ON the field.

After the EWU game, I started looking at the other side of the bracket, and a Mountaineers-Hens matchup was what I was rooting for. I think it will be a great game, and an exciting matchup on national TV to showcase what I-AA championship football is all about.

Good luck friday! xthumbsupx

AlphaSigMD
December 10th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I hate to contradict the good doctor, but we won the coin toss against JMU and EWU. I listened to both on the radio as I watched them. We just chose to receive. We did lose the toss in the Richmond game & they deferred.

I stand corrected, counselor.

Hopefully we'll have our way regardless on friday.

Big Bubba App fan
December 10th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Well..win lose or draw...Delaware has nothing to hang their heads about....with all that traveling and as the person said...snafu's they have endured they can be proud of themselves....but still with all that aside....you will still be the underdog...but then again...that;s not a bad place to be

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Well..win lose or draw...Delaware has nothing to hang their heads about....with all that traveling and as the person said...snafu's they have endured they can be proud of themselves....but still with all that aside....you will still be the underdog...but then again...that;s not a bad place to be

Nope, it sure isn't. Not being one of the two teams left is the only bad place to be this week.

lizrdgizrd
December 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Of course Edwards only had his career game of so far in his career. He had to beat his previous record to get there. xsmiley_wix

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I have seen 4 of APP States games on TV this year including the Michigan game (Richmond, JMU & Wofford too) and they are as good and scary as it gets on Offense with their QB healthy. Defensively, I think they are alot like the Hens with some holes but still OK.

My concern, besides the ASU offense, is how much is left in our Tank after all that mid-west traveling, hold ups, logistic snafus etc. Is not reason for any excuse but it still worries me.

One may offer that your experiences with the short week for SIU may help you out this week, because from all accounts, it's a circus once you arrive in Chatty on Wednesday. Nobody on the UD team of players has been there, so being used to a wacky schedule may not be so bad.

Saint3333
December 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Both teams are going to score no doubt, but no one makes more big plays than ASU's defense when it counts.

Delyware boy do us a favor and chill with the "Appy" commentsxnonono2x.

APPride
December 10th, 2007, 01:19 PM
well, just bet a $20 Hooters card w/ the only Delaware fan I know...gonna enjoy some chicken wings next week...xthumbsupx

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Both teams are going to score no doubt, but no one makes more big plays than ASU's defense when it counts.

UD's made big plays on defense all year - URI, Towson, UNH (more the second half than the first), Navy, JMU, UNI, SIU - we'll have to see if they continue the trend.

As for Appy, hey, don't take offense, it's not meant that way - I just don't like typing ASU and forget typing the whole thing out - way too much work. If it makes you feel better I call Chattanooga "Chatty" as well. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM

Just start calling Delaware, "Deli". xlolx xlolx xnodx

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Yup, it's all good!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
UD's made big plays on defense all year - URI, Towson, UNH (more the second half than the first), Navy, JMU, UNI, SIU - we'll have to see if they continue the trend.

As for Appy, hey, don't take offense, it's not meant that way - I just don't like typing ASU and forget typing the whole thing out - way too much work. If it makes you feel better I call Chattanooga "Chatty" as well. xthumbsupx

Haha, Lazya$$, that's funny. Doesn't bother me calling us Appy, maybe Saint should start saying, "Deli."

Saint3333
December 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM

If it's too long just type App xconfusedx

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Haha, Lazya$$, that's funny. Doesn't bother me calling us Appy, maybe Saint should start saying, "Deli."

If I could ever get all those abbreviations right I'd be using them left and right - LOL, ROFL, etc. To post this many times you need to learn some brevity and I do it with things like Appy. I like Deli, actually, nothing like a good hoagie for lunch!!!! xthumbsupx

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:30 PM
If it's too long just type App xconfusedx

Nah, doesn't have the same panache. xlolx

Freightliner
December 10th, 2007, 01:41 PM
xrulesx Freightliner's Record xrulesx

SLC OOC: 24-8
SLC Head to Head: 23-5
FCS Playoffs: 10-4 (2-0 last week xthumbsupx )
Overall: 57-17

My National Championship Pick

Delaware vs Appalachian State

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM

That's odd. Normally people put the winning team in bold. :p

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
If I could ever get all those abbreviations right I'd be using them left and right - LOL, ROFL, etc. To post this many times you need to learn some brevity and I do it with things like Appy. I like Deli, actually, nothing like a good hoagie for lunch!!!! xthumbsupx

True, true. xnodx

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM

thank you for the pick... though not terribly original!!!!

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

APPride
December 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

it's called a "spread thread"...kinda hard ta cover...xsmiley_wix iykwim

Appinator
December 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Just a tip for anyone going to Chattanooga:

I have had family in the area my whole life, and if you are looking for the best country cooking in the world, you need to stop by Bea's Restaurant there in town. Here is the address:

4500 Dodds Ave, Chattanooga, TN
(423) 867-3618

The last time I went, it was still not in the nicest area or building, but the food is worth it. Great place for all you Yankees that come down to get your fill of good southern cooking. All of the tables have big lazy susans on them that have all you can eat pulled pork, fried chicken, sides and rolls. It gets real crowded sometimes, but my family thinks it's worth the trip alone. I believe that it is only open for lunch and dinner. (Only times that I have been there.)

Wish I could make it, GO APPS!

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM

I have had family in the area my whole life, and if you are looking for the best country cooking in the world, you need to stop by Bea's Restaurant there in town. Here is the address:

(423) 867-3618

The last time I went, it was still not in the nicest area or building, but the food is worth it. Great place for all you Yankees that come down to get your fill of good southern cooking. All of the tables have big lazy susans on them that have all you can eat pulled pork, fried chicken, sides and rolls. It gets real crowed sometimes, but my family thinks it's worth the trip alone. I believe that it is only open for lunch and dinner. (Only times that I have been there.)

I second that. It is a great place for families to weekend bikers on a ride!

bench
December 10th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Armanti, Appalachian and the FCS got some nice words from Dan Shanoff on Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/sports/dan-shanoff-is-the-bandwagoneer/want-a-playoff-banish-the-rose-bowl-331890.php) today. Delaware didn't get much of a mention, but they got the picture at the top of the post. So they got that going for them.

The Moody1
December 10th, 2007, 03:21 PM

(423) 867-3618

The last time I went, it was still not in the nicest area or building, but the food is worth it. Great place for all you Yankees that come down to get your fill of good southern cooking. All of the tables have big lazy susans on them that have all you can eat pulled pork, fried chicken, sides and rolls. It gets real crowded sometimes, but my family thinks it's worth the trip alone. I believe that it is only open for lunch and dinner. (Only times that I have been there.)

We got the tip on Bea's last year and when we went to eat lunch there on Saturday it was closed. If I remember right, the sign said they were closed until after Christmas.

I just called and the message said they are closed for vacation until Jan 9th. Hopefully, this will keep someone from wasting their time like we did last year.

GaSouthern
December 10th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I picked these teams to be fighting for the title before last week, so I'll stick with my final outcome pick. Del wins it all by 3