PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 9, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
October 28th, 2023, 09:02 PM
Exciting weekend of football, with a few results of interest within the Top 10. There are two games involving teams on the sheet that have not yet been completed, one of which involves a Top 25 team (Idaho State @ Sac State). I will update this by early morning, but for now, I present to you this week's How They Fared (nearly complete).

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCB0ZqC5vIBcRmv3b6hNWf4AQse8pB0ieDoGcWAp0T4/edit?usp=sharing) to see how AGS's top teams stacked up this weekend.

uofmman1122
October 28th, 2023, 09:40 PM
Looking forward to everyone moving Montana up now that Idaho has beat MSU.

McCowboys
October 29th, 2023, 06:25 AM
Thank you! I was in a panic because at first I couldn't find your thread this morning. I need coffee! ;-)

kdinva
October 29th, 2023, 07:36 AM
thank you, as always! I think positions 20-28 will be very close.

bobcathpdevil56
October 29th, 2023, 09:12 AM
Looking forward to everyone moving Montana up now that Idaho has beat MSU.

I was thinking the same thing as I dialed up the internet this morning. Yuck, I am gonna have to move them in front of all the other BSC teams. Damn.

FUBeAR
October 29th, 2023, 01:38 PM
FYI - Unless FUBeAR is reading it wrong, sheet is showing UIW as 0-0 vs FBS, but…

UIW (0-1 , 0-0) -VS- UTEP (1-1 , 0-1)

Team
F

UIW

Winner UTEP

…thought you would want to know.

Preferred Walk-On
October 29th, 2023, 01:42 PM
FYI - Unless FUBeAR is reading it wrong, sheet is showing UIW as 0-0 vs FBS, but…

Team
F

UIW

Winner UTEP

Went back, and even though it was noted as an FBS game in week 1, must have missed the 1 in the FBS Loss column (i.e., it has been 0-0 all season).

I appreciate the catch, and it has now been fixed.

Preferred Walk-On
October 29th, 2023, 01:47 PM

Team
F

UIW

Winner UTEP

I think the real problem is that Incarnate Word is one of only four top 25 teams that does not have a number in the "vs. AGS Top 25" column.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2023, 04:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing as I dialed up the internet this morning. Yuck, I am gonna have to move them in front of all the other BSC teams. Damn.

Until we play Sac I could make an argument for the Griz being top BSC team or #4 of the group. It is so close but to me the top BSC team from my personal eye test this year has been the Cats and I've watched nearly every game from all four teams. But, it could be Idaho. There is just so little difference in these teams that anygivensat...

McCowboys
October 29th, 2023, 04:45 PM
Until we play Sac I could make an argument for the Griz being top BSC team or #4 of the group. It is so close but to me the top BSC team from my personal eye test this year has been the Cats and I've watched nearly every game from all four teams. But, it could be Idaho. There is just so little difference in these teams that anygivensat...

Lots of parity. However, if you don't have a reliable field goal kicker (Montana State) that is definitely trouble with all of these close games.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2023, 05:03 PM
Lots of parity. However, if you don't have a reliable field goal kicker (Montana State) that is definitely trouble with all of these close games.

Well, you should have seen the Griz game then...xlolx

We were lucky enough to not need one yesterday but it was not good.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2023, 05:03 PM
Voters go get your ballot in if you have not as of yet.

McCowboys
October 29th, 2023, 05:12 PM
Voters go get your ballot in if you have not as of yet.

Don't we have until tomorrow?

McCowboys
October 29th, 2023, 05:13 PM
Well, you should have seen the Griz game then...xlolx

We were lucky enough to not need one yesterday but it was not good.

Yeah, but the MSU Bobcat kicker was kicking indoors with no weather conditions to deal with. Pathetic!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Don't we have until tomorrow?

Yes, but if you can do it before the morning it helps me out to vet the ballots and so forth. Waiting until the morning is fine if you have to or can't do it today but if you can it sure helps me out not to have to scramble on Monday mornings.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Yeah, but the MSU Bobcat kicker was kicking indoors with no weather conditions to deal with. Pathetic!

We didn't have any weather either and it was not good on our end. Our kicker, along with a lot of kickers can be solid gold one week and then get the yips the next week. I don't know if is a trend for the Cats or us but our kicker was offensive player of the week the prior game...then got replaced almost immediately.

I just can't go with the Cats being to reliant on their kicker in the overall since they usually trounce teams but it did affect them in this game, no doubt about that.

McCowboys
October 29th, 2023, 06:01 PM
Yes, but if you can do it before the morning it helps me out to vet the ballots and so forth. Waiting until the morning is fine if you have to or can't do it today but if you can it sure helps me out not to have to scramble on Monday mornings.

I am working on it. I will probably send it in early in the morning my time. It is difficult with so much parity that the good teams are beating one another and the bad teams are beating one another. And some horrible blowouts and some nailbiters. Lots to ponder.

McCowboys
October 29th, 2023, 06:03 PM
We didn't have any weather either and it was not good on our end. Our kicker, along with a lot of kickers can be solid gold one week and then get the yips the next week. I don't know if is a trend for the Cats or us but our kicker was offensive player of the week the prior game...then got replaced almost immediately.

I just can't go with the Cats being to reliant on their kicker in the overall since they usually trounce teams but it did affect them in this game, no doubt about that.

I like Montana State OK. I would just hate for them to lose by missing a field goal outdoors in the winter time in Frisco, Texas.

SeattleCat
October 29th, 2023, 07:52 PM
I like Montana State OK. I would just hate for them to lose by missing a field goal outdoors in the winter time in Frisco, Texas.

I think his FG kicking days are done, we have another kicker that doesn't have his leg but has better accuracy.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2023, 09:55 AM
I am working on it. I will probably send it in early in the morning my time. It is difficult with so much parity that the good teams are beating one another and the bad teams are beating one another. And some horrible blowouts and some nailbiters. Lots to ponder.

All good, there are a group of people that wait until deadline and that is fine as long as I can get a quick response on a question and most of those voters are pretty careful so I'm just putting out some information from my side as to best practices for me, but what's best for you guys is what you need to do.xthumbsupx

Speaking of which voters you have just over an hour left to vote so get on it!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2023, 09:58 AM
I think his FG kicking days are done, we have another kicker that doesn't have his leg but has better accuracy.

You know what's always sort of odd to me is that the guy with the big leg kicking off can usually direct which return man he wants to hit from a much further distance away.xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 30th, 2023, 10:17 AM

Like pretty much all of Bobcat Nation, I have no idea why Manute Bol continues to get FGA's. Yes, he can kick it 486 yards but with no aim or trajectory, what does it matter? He's 38 of 41 in PAT's (.927) and 4 for 4 inside 30 yards for a total of .933 on what are really gimmes. Kautzmann has the leg to make them inside the 30... would he have missed one or 3 out of 45? Probably. But Hall is 1-4 from 30-39, which should be fairly easy to be at least in the 75% range (Kautzman is 1 for 1). And Hall is also 1-4 from 40-49, while Kautzman is again 1-1, both with longs of 44 yards. And Casey has already used his redshirt season, so there's really no reason to see if the blind squirrel can find a nut. Maybe if it's a 56 yarder and you KNOW Kautzmann can't get it there, let Hall have a go at it. 10% chance>0%. But otherwise, if he's able to kick that far, Casey needs to be kicking.

Really sucks to know you're going to lose before the guy even lines up for a mere 43 yard attempt.

MSUBobcat
October 30th, 2023, 10:53 AM
You know what's always sort of odd to me is that the guy with the big leg kicking off can usually direct which return man he wants to hit from a much further distance away.xlolx

Well, he has a 53.3 yard wide target on kickoffs and the ball is just sitting on a tee waiting for him to run up to it. He just aims down the middle because neither guy will get a chance to return when it's thru the back of the EZ. His only thing to NOT do is kick it OB. Obviously, when he has to hurry and aim it at a specific ~6 yard target is where he fails. I'm all for him keeping his job for kickoffs and punts, or anything Kautzman can't reach. But if it's in his range, Casey should be getting opportunities to show what he can, or can't, do.