PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Fans?

smallcollegefbfan
December 8th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I was hoping to hear what they thought about the game. You guys need to give your side. Did you agree with ASU that the refs did well? Were you shocked by ASU's team speed? It was good to see Hightower play. I am sure you guys were happy about that.

What do you look like for next year?

DTSpider
December 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
We're very proud of our guys. They played hard all year.

The refs are refs. I'm a huge proponent and saying that during the course of a year good & bad calls even out, but no matter what, it's a part of the game just like the weather.

Next year we'll look pretty much just like this year. 17 of 22 starters were freshmen or sophomores. We've good some huge holes to fill, but we're hoping to have some guys who can step in.

However, next year talk is for spring ball. Right now I just want to thank all the guys for an amazing season. They have really changed the program, especially the seniors.

CamelCityAppFan
December 8th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Hats off to the Spiders. Played hard, and did everything they could to get back in it and quiet the rowdy crowd. I like your coach, too, seems like a first class educator and leader.

I'm also really pleased to see-- and please don't take this the wrong way-- a small private school have the kind of football success you've had. I think you (and Wofford) are proving that there is a place at the table for the non-state, smaller schools, and I think the I-AA football world is richer for that. I think it's yet another reason our level of college football is so compelling.

Congrats on a great season, and good luck next year-- it should be a great one for you!

xthumbsupx xpeacex

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Watching on TV I only saw one blatantly bad call and that was the 15-yd late hit on Richmond. It was a simple continuation of an out of bounds take-out. It had no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the game though. There were also numerous missed holding calls, but isn't that every game since the game of football was created?

All-in-all, decent job by the Southland crew. They did not affect the outcome of the game, and that's the ultimate goal of any crew.

I even give them props for not making the 10,000 people that stormed the field with 13 seconds left clear out again to run a meaningless kneeldown. The MEAC dorks made the Delaware fans do that against Wofford in the '03 semis.

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM
How they could not see JUST ONE holding penalty against Richmond is beyond me. Its not like its any more obvious when our guys do it. On two separate plays, I saw our defensive linemen get literally dragged to the ground and our kicker was tackled 15 yards away from where the returner was tackled after the play was over. Our D line gets absolutely no respect.

gophoenix
December 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Hats off to the Spiders. Played hard, and did everything they could to get back in it and quiet the rowdy crowd. I like your coach, too, seems like a first class educator and leader.

I'm also really pleased to see-- and please don't take this the wrong way-- a small private school have the kind of football success you've had. I think you (and Wofford) are proving that there is a place at the table for the non-state, smaller schools, and I think the I-AA football world is richer for that. I think it's yet another reason our level of college football is so compelling.

Congrats on a great season, and good luck next year-- it should be a great one for you!

xthumbsupx xpeacex

That's a pretty condescending thing to say to the 28 private schools that put forth the full football effort. You'd think they were all 0-11 every year with comments like this.

93henfan
December 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM
That's pretty condescending to private school.

Yep, those poor private schools and their struggling football teams (USC, Boston College, Wake Forest).xlolx

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM

But realistic. And, gosh, he said he didn't mean any offense. Chill. And he did say "small".

CamelCityAppFan
December 8th, 2007, 11:41 AM

I wasn't trying to be condescending, I was trying to be complimentary. I think private schools with smaller enrollments and resources than the big state schools have to work harder to build successful football programs. Football is a cash eating monster of an athletics program. I think when programs like Richmond and Wofford and Elon can build and sustain top quality football programs its a testament to the hard work and support of the administration, the alumni, the students. What's wrong with complimenting programs who do more with less? (And I'm talking about resources, not quality of athletes.)

And not that it's not hard to build those kinds of programs at the big state schools (it is), but the larger enrollments mean a larger alumni base is there to provide support.

That's all I was saying, sorry if you were offended. xpeacex

mistersykes
December 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM

I don't think that the comment was meant to be condescending. CamelCity was trying to give props!

Many people wouldn't expect private schools with relatively small enrollments to have quite the success that they are able to have! Its nothing new for them to be successful, but its great to see smaller schools competing alongside large, state-supported ones. That's all! We're at the same level, and we deserve to be! xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
December 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM
We're very proud of our guys. They played hard all year.

The refs are refs. I'm a huge proponent and saying that during the course of a year good & bad calls even out, but no matter what, it's a part of the game just like the weather.

Next year we'll look pretty much just like this year. 17 of 22 starters were freshmen or sophomores. We've good some huge holes to fill, but we're hoping to have some guys who can step in.

However, next year talk is for spring ball. Right now I just want to thank all the guys for an amazing season. They have really changed the program, especially the seniors.

Yes you guys have a lot to be proud of. Doesn't Sherman Logan and Tim Silver return? You guys should be even better with those two back in the mix.

Boogs
December 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Proud of my Spiders.

Dave Clawson will probably be the next Urban Meyer.

The team didn't fold when ASU piled on the points early on against Richmond's defense. Thought the game would end up 72-0. The fact the game didn't end up as a blowout can be explained away by Richmond's head coach -- Dave Clawson.

He must have gotten a great dose of how not to run an offense/program by being an assistant at Albany in his early years of coaching.

gophoenix
December 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I wasn't trying to be condescending, I was trying to be complimentary. I think private schools with smaller enrollments and resources than the big state schools have to work harder to build successful football programs. Football is a cash eating monster of an athletics program. I think when programs like Richmond and Wofford and Elon can build and sustain top quality football programs its a testament to the hard work and support of the administration, the alumni, the students. What's wrong with complimenting programs who do more with less? (And I'm talking about resources, not quality of athletes.)

And not that it's not hard to build those kinds of programs at the big state schools (it is), but the larger enrollments mean a larger alumni base is there to provide support.

I am not offended. It gets tiring hearing this all the time. Statements like this make the case of it being easy at public schools and that they are great all the time and the private schools are just lucky to field a team.

There are 28 private schools in I-AA putting forth 30 scholarships or more. If you take out the NEC schools, the number drops to 23. So of course the likelihood of a private school making the semi-finals or finals is slim. The odds in just school numbers alone are about 4:1 public to private ratio of playoff potential teams.

If you want to say that they are good, then say they are good. Being public or private or large/medium/small has very little to do with it.

B&G
December 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I am not offended. It gets tiring hearing this all the time. Statements like this make the case of it being easy at public schools and that they are great all the time and the private schools are just lucky to field a team.

There are 28 private schools in I-AA putting forth 30 scholarships or more. If you take out the NEC schools, the number drops to 23. So of course the likelihood of a private school making the semi-finals or finals is slim. The odds in just school numbers alone are about 4:1 public to private ratio of playoff potential teams.

If you want to say that they are good, then say they are good. Being public or private or large/medium/small has very little to do with it.

Sorry but that isn't true. Some private schools are handicapped by their higher admission standards. It's not as evident on a basketball team that only needs 12 players but it is much harder when you're fielding a football team of 60+. Like it or not, those admissions standards does make more of a hill to climb.

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Your post contradicts itself. Public/private, small/medium/large has very little to do with it? It only makes sense that the larger schools, mostly public, but even large private schools are able to fund the FULL amount of scholarships. It baffles my how some people cannot take a compliment and leave it at that. And I don't think it is easy at public schools. Definitely easier due to the higher number of potential donors. And contrary to popular belief public schools also produce doctors, lawyers, business people and others who have high earning potential. Please just take the compliment and be happy with it because having grown up close to Elon I am familiar with their struggles in athletics due mostly to being small and not having a lot of community support due to a lot of students being from out of state. It is definitely an accomplishment for Elon, Richmond and other successful SMALL private to have the type of success that is now being exhibited.

Boogs
December 8th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Public school education sucks -- at both the high school and college level.

The private schools get to control their enrollment. If you're a distraction and/or you're there to goof off your arse is out of there.

End of discussion. xcoffeex

gophoenix
December 8th, 2007, 01:18 PM

The private schools get to control their enrollment. If you're a distraction and/or you're there to goof off your arse is out of there.

End of discussion. xcoffeex

Admission standards is a crap argument. Sure, many of the private schools at the top scholarship level of both FCS and BCS have high standards. But so do lots of the public schools.

And alumni donation is great. But is not the be all/end all. If the donations were all that great, you wouldn't have high student activity fees at many of the public FCS schools. These donations are great for facilities, but even then, it isn't everything.

At the end of the day, all the good public and private schools are hard to get into. And it is hard to keep some athletes that are athletes first from getting themselves into academic trouble. But at the end of the day, all of this is only excuses for why some schools don't do as well. Look at how many of the public schools in the BCS and FCS do poorly too and some high academic standards under the private and many public schools.

At the end of the day, these types of things are garbage excuses that don't hold much water.

Boogs
December 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Admission standards is a crap argument. Sure, many of the private schools at the top scholarship level of both FCS and BCS have high standards. But so do lots of the public schools.

And alumni donation is great. But is not the be all/end all. If the donations were all that great, you wouldn't have high student activity fees at many of the public FCS schools. These donations are great for facilities, but even then, it isn't everything.

At the end of the day, all the good public and private schools are hard to get into. And it is hard to keep some athletes that are athletes first from getting themselves into academic trouble. But at the end of the day, all of this is only excuses for why some schools don't do as well. Look at how many of the public schools in the BCS and FCS do poorly too and some high academic standards under the private and many public schools.

At the end of the day, these types of things are garbage excuses that don't hold much water.

If this is your way of saying public school education sucks then I agree. xsmiley_wix

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I even give them props for not making the 10,000 people that stormed the field with 13 seconds left clear out again to run a meaningless kneeldown. The MEAC dorks made the Delaware fans do that against Wofford in the '03 semis.

Actually, that wasn't a kneel down. The fans rushed the field after they thought the game was over. But, there were still a few seconds left on the clock and the refs made everyone clear off the field (well, half of it anyway) and the teams reset for a final play. Wofford scored its only TD on the last play of the game. Then the fans rushed the field again.

The refs did not however, make them clear off again in order to have Wofford kick the extra point. xrotatehx

In 2003, UD only gave up 23 points (it might have been 24 if Wofford was allowed to kick that XP) total during the playoffs....a far cry from the teams remaining this year.

ur2k
December 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
To answer the first question, the refs were fine. I agree with the one poster that said that the only bad call was the late hit. Nothing else really jumps out, and I think they got most of the replay stuff right.

Last night App State was just better than UR. Edwards was just unreal. I wasn't shocked by the team speed - we knew you guys were fast. I was impressed with Edward's elusiveness and tackle-breaking ability. Everygtime a play broke down, it seemed like he rushed for 15+ yards. To be completely honest, I couldn't form much of an opinion on the rest of your offense b/c it was the Armanti Edwards show. Although the O-line had a heck of a game.

As for us next year - we should be good. Defense will be one year older, although we will have some questions at safety. On 'O' we don't lose a lot besides Hightower but Vaughan is pretty good too.

The Moody1
December 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM
The fact the game didn't end up as a blowout can be explained away by Richmond's head coach -- Dave Clawson.

I think most people would consider losing by three touchdowns to be a blow out. Maybe it is different in the private school world. xsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM

I disagree.

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I thought the refs did do well and i thought both teams did really well as well... the ur fans were good as well

tralfangar
December 8th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Anyone heard from Bettina??

Edit...he said something in another thread.

Eight Legger
December 8th, 2007, 03:51 PM
We enjoyed the experience and the game. Great atmosphere, though I was surprised to hear 24,000 announced. I sure didn't see 8,000 people just standing around. The refs were not an issue in the game. If we could have tackled Edwards a few more times, maybe we could have made it close to the end. Props to him for not allowing that to happen. Props to our guys for responding when they got in a hole early.

We definitely could have done without the 2,000 ASU students who carried the goal posts over our car and keyed, scratched and pounded on our windows after seeing our UR license plate. That left a bad taste our mouths from an otherwise good trip.

gophoenix
December 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=jonmac;789794]It baffles my how some people cannot take a compliment and leave it at that./QUOTE]

It also baffles me that some people think that saying a nice thing, with a bunch of insults, just just be brushed off as nice.

Or maybe that is just underhanded public school humor.

Bless his heart, he tried to say something nice but he went to public school and he meant no harm.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Refs were fine. We lost because Edwards is an amazing player. We were rarely able to find him ... and couldn't tackle him when we could.

App had a great environment. Boone is a great football town that clearly supports their team. I was amazed by the line for Chattanooga tickets after the game ended!

Most of the ASU fans we met were nice folks ... everybody has some bad apples!

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 8th, 2007, 04:12 PM
By the way, I don't consider us getting to the Final 4 as a 'huge achievement for a private school' ... it is just a 'huge achievement'. We're not taking moral victories here!

We get the same number of scholarship as App State. We just don't have the alumni base to make the huge bid to the NCAA for home games.

We need to get a seed or learn how to win another game on the road in the future!

mistersykes
December 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
We enjoyed the experience and the game. Great atmosphere, though I was surprised to hear 24,000 announced. I sure didn't see 8,000 people just standing around. The refs were not an issue in the game. If we could have tackled Edwards a few more times, maybe we could have made it close to the end. Props to him for not allowing that to happen. Props to our guys for responding when they got in a hole early.

We definitely could have done without the 2,000 ASU students who carried the goal posts over our car and keyed, scratched and pounded on our windows after seeing our UR license plate. That left a bad taste our mouths from an otherwise good trip.

Sorry about the students (I'm one too, but I didn't eff up anybodys car or do anything stupid). From what I saw, they did the pounding to all vehicles in the general area, even ASU ones. It didn't look like it did much damage. Keying/scratching too though? That's out of hand and completely uncalled for. I hope it was isolated. Y'all brought a good crowd, and were plenty loud. Thanks for making the trip!

As for 24,000, I was a bit surprised when they announced it too. I was thinking about more like 20,000. But then I thought about how packed the student section was (people were squeezed together and even in the aisles the whole game), and there were quite a lot of people on the hill as well.

proasu89
December 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Sorry about the students (I'm one too, but I didn't eff up anybodys car or do anything stupid). From what I saw, they did the pounding to all vehicles in the general area, even ASU ones. It didn't look like it did much damage. Keying/scratching too though? That's out of hand and completely uncalled for. I hope it was isolated. Y'all brought a good crowd, and were plenty loud. Thanks for making the trip!

As for 24,000, I was a bit surprised when they announced it too. I was thinking about more like 20,000. But then I thought about how packed the student section was (people were squeezed together and even in the aisles the whole game), and there were quite a lot of people on the hill as well.

Don't forget, there can be as many as 750-1000 people in the porta-johns at anyone timexsmiley_wix

BigApp
December 8th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Watching on TV I only saw one blatantly bad call and that was the 15-yd late hit on Richmond. It was a simple continuation of an out of bounds take-out. It had no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the game though. There were also numerous missed holding calls, but isn't that every game since the game of football was created?

All-in-all, decent job by the Southland crew. They did not affect the outcome of the game, and that's the ultimate goal of any crew.

I agree 93hf! I do agree that it was a questionable call (even said so to my wife, she disagreed xrolleyesx ) since stayed upright.

But I CAN understand it if they were trying to send an early message to BOTH teams that they weren't going to put up with any of the stupid stuff.

Boogs
December 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I disagree.

I bet you're an overpaid public school teacher that is against a voucher system, eh? xwhistlex

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I bet you're an overpaid public school teacher that is against a voucher system, eh? xwhistlex

I taught public school before I went to medical school. It was the single hardest job I've ever encountered in my entire life. More unpaid hours in that business than any other field, hands down. Lesson plans, after hours meetings, workshops, parent teacher conferences, 504-plan meetings, IEP meetings, and you really need to stay on top of everything. You tailor each class to its strengths and weaknesses, and try to not let the kids who don't want to learn (more than 50%) not drag down the rest of the class. Teachers are likely the most underpaid of any profession, but I guess a society rewards what it values...and in this society, we do not value education. The smart ones are called dorks, nerds and are a target of bitterness and mockery. Its really too bad. In fact, if you are anything in real life like you are in your posts, you certainly do not have the character or the personality to be able to do it.

In fact, my entire family (Mother, Father, Brother and Sister-in-law) were also teachers, so I take great offense at you saying this. My parents worked long hours for 35 years trying to make sure that children had the opportunity to learn and to make something of their life, and most of those children were not fortunate enough to have rich mommy and daddy pay out money for private school.

I went to public high school, public college and a private medical school. I can let you know without a doubt, that my education in the public arena was just as good or superior to my education in the private school.

Someday, it might be me saving your life, or the life of somebody you care about in the hospital. Are you really gonna drag me away from the situation and ask "so...where did you go to undergrad, because if it was a public school, don't even think about trying to help me"?

gophoenix
December 8th, 2007, 09:00 PM

That is a silly thing to say. There are great public and private schools. There are bad public and private schools. And there are both that do the minimum to keep accreditation.

So for AlphaSigmaAppGuy, so you thought public school was better than the private school considering all three were for very different items. That's fine, but still a silly thing to say.

I thought Elon undergrad was better than my NC State classes for grad school. But again, just one person's opinion. But I can say that the classes I took at Elon and App were better than anything I have taken at UNCG and A&T.

What does it go to show? Nothing.

spdram
December 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
This thread got way off topic -- I was at the game and enjoyed the atmosphere. The ASU fans I met were very friendly, students were like most students -- enjoying themselves running around doing things they would not like on their resume in later life. The one that most surprised me was the kid running on to the field after the game wearing only a t-shirt and a stocking cap. I bet his mother would have been proud xsmiley_wix I do wish they had given the Richmond team time to get off of the field before they came on, to much chance of someone getting hurt.

I didn't think the refs had anything to do with the outcome, and the only truly questionable call was the "late hit" discussed earlier.

Armanti played like a men among boys, he was super. If that was an average game for him I am surprised you lost any games. (Of course I know he was hurt earlier this year). I can only guess you ran him so much because it was a playoff game and time to put the hammer down.

I did not take offense to any comments about a smaller private school, in fact that is something we pride ourselves in at Richmond. We try to keep the grades up (and graduate all of our athletes with "real" degrees) and still compete with the "big boys". We relish the role of the underdog, as we've been called many times the "Giant Killer". Our student body and alumni base are so small the only way we could have the kind of numbers that were present last night would be to draw significant support from the local community. With all of the other opportuniites in town I don't expect that to happen on a regular basis.

BTW I want to state how proud I am of this years Spiders! Just about every guy on the team has played with an injury this season (not bumps and bruises), the team played without 3 all conference type players almost all season (two plan to return with MH's next year), our two deep is almost all FR and SO, our main weapon Tim Hightower has played the last half of the season injured. For those that didn't see him healthy you missed one special player. Healthy he could run over, around or past you -- he will be missed. And for the record he is a better person than a football player! Watch for him on Sundays in the future.

Boogs
December 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I taught public school before I went to medical school. It was the single hardest job I've ever encountered in my entire life. More unpaid hours in that business than any other field, hands down. Lesson plans, after hours meetings, workshops, parent teacher conferences, 504-plan meetings, IEP meetings, and you really need to stay on top of everything. You tailor each class to its strengths and weaknesses, and try to not let the kids who don't want to learn (more than 50%) not drag down the rest of the class.

So are you for or against a voucher system that pits private vs. public education against each other? If all of these extra demands interfere with the final teacher-student interaction why don't you guys revolt against the management above you that makes you do this?

Teachers are likely the most underpaid of any profession, but I guess a society rewards what it values...and in this society, we do not value education.

Anyone that goes to school and studies something that isn't marketable from the get-go (prepares them for a relatively independent life) is stupid...like...dare I say...18th century French art. xlolx Any system that funds something like that BETTER be underpaid!

The smart ones are called dorks, nerds and are a target of bitterness and mockery.

Yep, I agree that's the case in public school education. I didn't see that in my private school education at all.

Its really too bad. In fact, if you are anything in real life like you are in your posts, you certainly do not have the character or the personality to be able to do it.

Oh? You know me that well? Hmmm...then how in pray-tell do I get folks coming to me at work for help as their first choice when they need someone to explain what some other person/group failed to do?

In fact, my entire family (Mother, Father, Brother and Sister-in-law) were also teachers, so I take great offense at you saying this.

The slam was against the public school SYSTEM and not your folks. However, if you family cannot see how the higher ups are beating the public school teacher's effectiveness then I question how intelligent your family members are in the first place.

My parents worked long hours for 35 years trying to make sure that children had the opportunity to learn and to make something of their life, and most of those children were not fortunate enough to have rich mommy and daddy pay out money for private school.

So are you for or against a voucher system? My parents weren't exactly rich either dude. I did the postponed gratification route and made it big. xthumbsupx

I went to public high school, public college and a private medical school. I can let you know without a doubt, that my education in the public arena was just as good or superior to my education in the private school.

Fair enough. The issues in public school systems are mostly in the middle school to high school area. The college level is probably level...for the most part in its final results.

The college institutions have to compete/promote the interest to get students -- they have to compete like a voucher system.

Someday, it might be me saving your life, or the life of somebody you care about in the hospital. Are you really gonna drag me away from the situation and ask "so...where did you go to undergrad, because if it was a public school, don't even think about trying to help me"?

Again the complaint is with the SYSTEM of the public schools.

My question in the saving of my life will be "does this hospital operate like a public school system where the nurses and doctors don't sleep over a 3-4 day shifts"! Yeah! That's exactly what I want is someone who hasn't slept for 24 hours operating on my vital organs!

As you can see, I hate public school management and justly so. xcoffeex

Keep in mind, the worst students gravitate to the educational field because they can't hack it in the other fields. We don't get the best anyway and it shows when they get promoted into the management ranks in their public schools. They fail to see the educational process as a system and they keep piling on more demands to each individual teacher until the straw breaks the camel's back and the effectiveness (fundamental goal) no longer is attainable. The final result is a tax base that pays heavily to teachers in a system that doesn't crank out effective people prepared for life.

So are you for or against a voucher system?! xoopsx

Flashback: East Side High! At least that guy did something about the sh*&^^$#y public schools -revolt!

ASUPATCH
December 9th, 2007, 10:02 AM

I would bet 3-4 thousand of the 8 were stuffed into the student section. The majority of students stand on their seats and where you would normally stand people were standing as well. It was packed tight in there. Probably had 1 1/2 per seat in the student section.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I was hoping to hear what they thought about the game. You guys need to give your side. Did you agree with ASU that the refs did well? Were you shocked by ASU's team speed? It was good to see Hightower play. I am sure you guys were happy about that.

What do you look like for next year?

I must say I was very impressed with UR's players and coaches. I hope they can hold on to their coach as he seems to have a bright future!

crimsonfootball
December 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Im just going to post this here, I want to vent my frustrations at the dumb app st. fans who stormed the field before the game was over and then destroied the goal posts, do we blame the secuirty or the idiot students at app. st, well they cant all be Harvard Grads....

AAadict
December 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Not enough time to read this entire thread. Any Richmond Fans have tix to the NC that they do not intend to use? Please PM me. I have 4 tix but would like to look for 4 better seats if any Spider fans bought them through better channels.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Im just going to post this here, I want to vent my frustrations at the dumb app st. fans who stormed the field before the game was over and then destroied the goal posts, do we blame the secuirty or the idiot students at app. st, well they cant all be Harvard Grads....

it's a gentlemans agreement between the students, administration and security. They have all learned through experience (bus window practice) how to allow this and do it in a safe, controlled manner. You stuffed shirts would never understand. xthumbsupx

ASU98
December 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM

"There were some comments of vandalism made on a Mountaineer fan Web site by University of Richmond fans. No reports, however, were made to the ASU police department.

One UR fan commented that their vehicle had been scratched with a key and dented while in a campus parking lot. That incident was not documented with police."

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2007/1210/numberofejectedfans.php

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Quite testy there Mr. Elon. Easy killer...xsmhx doesn't take much to get you all bent out of shape huh?

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Yeah, George W. "sounds like a good idea to me doesn't it?" Bush is a graduate of Harvard. So, all I can say is, thank God I'm not a Harvard grad. xthumbsupx You've got to watch out for us dumb, "evil-doers." xconfusedx

The Moody1
December 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, George W. "sounds like a good idea to me doesn't it?" Bush is a graduate of Harvard. So, all I can say is, thank God I'm not a Harvard grad. xthumbsupx You've got to watch out for us dumb, "evil-doers." xconfusedx

Bush went to Yale.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Bush went to Yale.

He went to Yale for undergrad and Harvard for grad school--still a graduate of Harvard.

DTSpider
December 12th, 2007, 08:58 PM
"There were some comments of vandalism made on a Mountaineer fan Web site by University of Richmond fans. No reports, however, were made to the ASU police department.

One UR fan commented that their vehicle had been scratched with a key and dented while in a campus parking lot. That incident was not documented with police."

Would you have called the cops? I think it would have gone down like this:

URFan - "My car is dented & scratched"

Local cop - "I don't see any dents, but I do see a busted headlight (wham)...that'll be a $100 fine."

Sometimes you've just got to cut your losses.

Eight Legger
December 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I don't know if that referenced our comments on this site or not, but either way, we weren't going to seek out a cop at 11:30 in a town of screaming ASU fans. We pretty much just wanted to go back to the hotel and crash. It's not like the car was ruined or anything, it was just something we could have done without.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I don't know if that referenced our comments on this site or not, but either way, we weren't going to seek out a cop at 11:30 in a town of screaming ASU fans. We pretty much just wanted to go back to the hotel and crash. It's not like the car was ruined or anything, it was just something we could have done without.

Hate that happened to you guys. That is very unfortunate. I hope it doesn't tarnish your image of ASU or the gameday experience that is the Rock. I for one hated that they tore the goal posts down again...at some point we need to act like we've been there before. xsmhx xpeacex

EPJr
December 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM

remember small and private does not necessarily mean poor - especially not in the case of the three schools named above. xnonox

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Same thing happened to me at another CAA school this year - car scratched with a key and dent from where someone kicked it. I didn't file a report either - what would the police have been able to do, it's not like they would be able to identify who did it.