PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-28

JALMOND
October 26th, 2023, 12:15 AM
So far in this season I am at 49-12 and, unless something changes and I can rattle off a few perfect weeks, I will end up with one of the worst seasons in terms of my predictions. Which brings us to this week and the start of the second half for everyone. Weber State and Cal Poly are sitting this week out but everyone else plays. Here are my humble predictions for this weekend. Snow is beginning to appear across the Big Sky footprint, but it may only affect one game, if that.

EWU at PSU---The Match for the Dam Cup. The Eagles have been riding their offense and have been scoring a lot of points. The Vikings have shown they can play with anyone and lose to anyone. They may not want to get into a shootout with the Eagles, but can they help it?...EWU 42, PSU 31.

ISU at SAC---The Bengals are 3-1 in conference while the Hornets are at 2-2 coming in to this game. This will be a good test for the Bengals to see if they truly belong in the upper echelon of the conference. The Hornets, cannot let a hangover from last week's loss affect them here...SAC 30, ISU 25.

MSU at UI---The Bobcats have been rolling over everyone in the path in conference play and, after a good road win last week, they get another solid road test against the Vandals who had two weeks to prepare. Another tough game for the Bobcats, but should be another solid road win...MSU 31, UI 20.

UNC at UM---The Bears had a great opportunity for their first win slip through, but they have been giving everyone in the conference a tough game. The Grizzlies are coming off a bye week and have found new life and a quarterback, and are ready to play tough down the stretch...UM 42, UNC 17.

UCD at NAU---Two teams that are coming off a bye week last week, and probably two teams that needed it. The Aggies headed in to their bye week on a winning note and hope to continue to win, but the Lumberjacks, who are coming off a tough home loss, are eager to atone for that...NAU 27, UCD 24.

bonarae
October 26th, 2023, 02:30 AM
EWU
Sac
Montana State
Griz
NAU

mvemjsunpx
October 26th, 2023, 04:54 AM
EWU 38-45 Portland St. — If you're looking at over/under bets, the average total points for the Dam Cup over the last 10 meetings is 80.7

Idaho St. 28-42 Sac State — The Bengals haven't won in Sacramento since 2005

Montana St. 31-24 Idaho — The 'Cats are averaging 3 sacks a game; that doesn't bode well for a Vandal squad that gave up 6 to Montana

Davis 31-21 NAU — The Aggies will supposedly have Lan Larison back this week

NololColol 13-30 Montana — The Griz have definitely been a "play to their opponent's level" team this year, but falling to UNC's level would take some effort xrotatehx

MSUBobcat
October 26th, 2023, 10:29 AM
NoCo 10 @ Montana 31 - I thought maybe the Bears weren't terrible after giving BBQ and Sac State tough games; then they lost to Poly.
EWU 31 @ Portland State 38 - Going with the home team in a shootout.
Montana State 35 @ Idaho 27 - No one has stopped the Bobcat running game yet, but McCoy and Hatten keep it close.
UC-Davis 27 @ NAU 24 - Lan Larison is back and I think he's going to want to make up for lost time.
ISU-o 20 @ Sac St 35 - A loss for the Hornets would be devastating to their playoff hopes; the Bengals come back to Earth.

wapiti
October 26th, 2023, 10:41 AM
EWU 38 at 32 PSU---The Dam Cup. Both the Eagles and the Vikings have been upstart teams this season, except the Vikings stubbed their toe last weekend and this game is in Portland. I predict a high scoring affair with the outcome being determined in the 4th quarter.

ISU 20 at 38 SAC---The Bengals appear to be improving as the season progresses. Sac appears to have been holding steady and maybe lost some luster since the win over Stanford. But with homefield advantage Sac should take the W easily in the 2nd half.

32 MSU at 28 UI---Another top 10 game for the Bobcats and on the road again. Idaho should be working on not having the mistakes that cost them their game against the Griz (Turnovers). Bobcat Defense will need to bring their A game for this one. This is a tough one to pick, I go with the higher ranked team.

UNC 12 at 45 UM---A battle of bears. In real life grizzlies eat black bears. That is what will happen in this game too. Griz will be playing 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

UCD 20 at 24 NAU---The Aggies are still playing for post season opportunities and Lumberjacks playing a spoiler role. This game is at the Walkup in Flagstaff, which can be a difficult place to play, even more so if you are used to sea level.

SeattleCat
October 28th, 2023, 06:36 PM
Congrats Vandals! We got straight up out coached in Moscow. I'm not sure what Vudu you used on our Offensive coordinator to make him think we were a passing team, but good show!

JALMOND
October 29th, 2023, 04:55 AM
So far in this season I am at 49-12 and, unless something changes and I can rattle off a few perfect weeks, I will end up with one of the worst seasons in terms of my predictions. Which brings us to this week and the start of the second half for everyone. Weber State and Cal Poly are sitting this week out but everyone else plays. Here are my humble predictions for this weekend. Snow is beginning to appear across the Big Sky footprint, but it may only affect one game, if that.

EWU at PSU---The Match for the Dam Cup. The Eagles have been riding their offense and have been scoring a lot of points. The Vikings have shown they can play with anyone and lose to anyone. They may not want to get into a shootout with the Eagles, but can they help it?...EWU 42, PSU 31.

ISU at SAC---The Bengals are 3-1 in conference while the Hornets are at 2-2 coming in to this game. This will be a good test for the Bengals to see if they truly belong in the upper echelon of the conference. The Hornets, cannot let a hangover from last week's loss affect them here...SAC 30, ISU 25.

MSU at UI---The Bobcats have been rolling over everyone in the path in conference play and, after a good road win last week, they get another solid road test against the Vandals who had two weeks to prepare. Another tough game for the Bobcats, but should be another solid road win...MSU 31, UI 20.

UNC at UM---The Bears had a great opportunity for their first win slip through, but they have been giving everyone in the conference a tough game. The Grizzlies are coming off a bye week and have found new life and a quarterback, and are ready to play tough down the stretch...UM 42, UNC 17.

UCD at NAU---Two teams that are coming off a bye week last week, and probably two teams that needed it. The Aggies headed in to their bye week on a winning note and hope to continue to win, but the Lumberjacks, who are coming off a tough home loss, are eager to atone for that...NAU 27, UCD 24.

3-2 this week, about my average for the year. 52-15 right now over the season. Viks won so I'll take some solace in that.