PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Missouri St @ Youngstown St.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2023, 10:04 AM
With playoff hopes on the line , YSU entertains MoSt this Saturday at 2:00. While YSU is slightly favored by Massey ranking, MoSt can win. Certainly the abominable secondary play by YSU in the recent ISUr game shows they have their weaknesses. Expect YSU to continue to be ranked this week, but each remaining game is of utmost importance.

Thoughts ?

The Yo Show
October 23rd, 2023, 01:41 PM
YSU needs to focus on each game each week and not look ahead. Valley is a meat grinder as always. Hopefully the secondary play can improve over the next few weeks...

Honestly not sure what the difference between this year and last year in terms of secondary play is? We have the same personnel and they played better last year, and that was the first year under the new DC. Have to wonder, is the progression to his second year and the increasing complexity the problem? Should we simplify the scheme and improve the play? From what I have seen in game this year, the secondary plays man coverage much better than the zone coverage we have been trying to use.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2023, 02:18 PM
YSU needs to focus on each game each week and not look ahead. Valley is a meat grinder as always. Hopefully the secondary play can improve over the next few weeks...

Honestly not sure what the difference between this year and last year in terms of secondary play is? We have the same personnel and they played better last year, and that was the first year under the new DC. Have to wonder, is the progression to his second year and the increasing complexity the problem? Should we simplify the scheme and improve the play? From what I have seen in game this year, the secondary plays man coverage much better than the zone coverage we have been trying to use.

I second that. Our man coverage is pretty decent. The zone coverage is terrible. They look lost using it.

The Yo Show
October 23rd, 2023, 08:36 PM
Missouri State is averaging giving up 188 yards per game rushing... YSU needs to run the rock as a keys to the game. Shorten the game down, don't let them throw on our secondary.

ysubigred
October 24th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Wow.. went to the raw raw board, and ole Dano made a post that is balls on. [emoji3060]

"IF" the flightless birds clean up the mistakes Oline can handle a 3 man rush, clean up penalties and secondary play, they are capable of beating anyone left on the schedule. Keep up the sloppy play, and they are capable of losing to anyone left on the schedule.

I fully expect the Guins to go 7-4. I'm one to believe that it is not good enough for playoffs.

"IF" the Guins put forth the effort they showed in the SIU game, the SDSU game may stay interesting.

Seems this year would be a great year to play the "N" Dakotas..

"Leave, no doubt!"https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231024/e2cd74ba47a269aab391066aebbbc3a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

penguinpower
October 24th, 2023, 12:17 PM
Wow.. went to the raw raw board, and ole Dano made a post that is balls on. [emoji3060]

"IF" the flightless birds clean up the mistakes Oline can handle a 3 man rush, clean up penalties and secondary play, they are capable of beating anyone left on the schedule. Keep up the sloppy play, and they are capable of losing to anyone left on the schedule.

I fully expect the Guins to go 7-4. I'm one to believe that it is not good enough for playoffs.

"IF" the Guins put forth the effort they showed in the SIU game, the SDSU game may stay interesting.

Seems this year would be a great year to play the "N" Dakotas..

"Leave, no doubt!"https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231024/e2cd74ba47a269aab391066aebbbc3a0.jpg

I am not concerned about the playoffs. I am waiting to see how everything shapes up at the end, and then look at the resumes of the bubble teams. I fully expect bias against YSU to come into play. Just like past years and especially las year on how the rubric for making the playoffs is weighed in favor of the darlings they want to see in there.

Leave no doubt has already failed. There will always be doubt if you don't go undefeated.

Paladin1aa
October 24th, 2023, 12:43 PM
I am not concerned about the playoffs. I am waiting to see how everything shapes up at the end, and then look at the resumes of the bubble teams. I fully expect bias against YSU to come into play. Just like past years and especially las year on how the rubric for making the playoffs is weighed in favor of the darlings they want to see in there.

Leave no doubt has already failed. There will always be doubt if you don't go undefeated.

Im waiting to see how the committee avoids a huge embarrassing year as most of the MVFC will destroy most of FCS unless they overload the bracket to one side with most of the MVFC so they beat one another. The committee is a huge joke. The brackets should be setup so there is one MVFC team n each area of the country. Then let’s see what happens, lol. They will protect the weak sisters of FCS, just watch. After a quick glance at Massey and a review of SOS, even “weenies” like YSU will destroy much of FCS making a playoff run.

in fact, line up a few of those one loss FCS teams with a 3 or 4 game loser from the MVFC. Good way to expose the committee for the joke this division has become.

Paladin1aa
October 24th, 2023, 01:33 PM
MoST shows a roster with a total of 32 kids from Texas, California and Florida, states where you find good players, but little to show for it. But a lot of them start or play. They also are ranked 7th in FCS in passing yardage ,the best of the MVFC but appears they also have a D problem.

The placekicker is from Sheffield Lake, Ohio, a transfer in. The QB has good numbers , so expect to see a passing circus given our porous secondary. MoST doesn’t do well in Youngstown and trails 16-7 in the overall series.

We show little changes in starters in the game notes and also appear healthy. For the life of me, we continue not to list our best RB as a starter, even as his stats dominate.

Im starting to focus in on next year where we will return a ton of starters on both sides of the ball, but will have serious question marks again at QB and RB. We lose only 2 starters on O and 3 on D. Depth will improve as the monster RFR class moves up.

YSU will be a force in the playoffs if they get past the incompetent committee and need a good showing moving forward starting this week.

Paladin1aa
October 25th, 2023, 07:24 PM
YSU show tonite reveals some tidbits- our Frosh PK who hit the walkoff game winner against ISUr is comfortable kicking 55 yd FG and then longer depending on the strong winds blowing thru Stambaugh. Weather for game Saturday at 2:00 may have rain but should be 62 degrees.

Ohio St plays at 7:30 p.m. so attendance may be better. Bars will fill up for that game against former OSU coach Fickell. Long day of football for the pigskin freaks !

Im told some special plays are in for Missouri St. Expect to see more balls thrown to WR Farthing, our fastest player. Heresy- 5 receiver sets on a run dominant team,lol

The Yo Show
October 25th, 2023, 08:04 PM
I mean while I wouldn't be surprised to mix in some throws, I would be shocked if we didn't run the ball alot. As I stated above, they are terrible against the run this year and YSU has a really good rushing attack. By doing that, you get your defense rest, control the clock and avoid having to kill your secondary defending against their prolific pass attack all game. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be balanced, because if all we do is run they will key on it, but I hope that we dont go in too pass heavy.

The Yo Show
October 27th, 2023, 09:49 PM
Twitter space recording breaking down the matchup as well as FCS bracketology.

https://x.com/WeAreYoungstown/status/1717692418986848472?s=20

BeamMeUp
October 28th, 2023, 09:54 AM
Big one today at Stambaugh. Let’s get that win. Expecting big things from Tyshon and Dra today.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 01:15 PM
Tied up 7 all. Game maybe another shoot out. Both teams hot on O.

The Yo Show
October 28th, 2023, 01:27 PM
YSU starting center is out this game

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 01:32 PM
YSU TD run by King. YSU 14-7.

Keen is the replacement at C, one of the monster RFR class future stars.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Penguins dominating and Bears undisciplined. Guins get the ball back.

The Yo Show
October 28th, 2023, 01:42 PM
For being a backup center he is doing well. I don't recall when ysu had this much depth and next man up mentality. Even the plays we see Brunguard comes in at QB he looks pretty good. Lots of depth on this team.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 01:51 PM
Keen is mean. Lacks only experience at a new position. Look at the depth chart and it’s filled with backup RFR who lack only experience. Virtually every position. However, we need a QB and another RB

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Bears with a 98 yd drive for TD. 14 all.

YSU has to get tougher on D or pack it in.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 02:05 PM
YSU 51 yd TD pass. YSU 21-14.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 02:20 PM
Another YSU TD pass. YSU 28-14.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 02:29 PM
YSU FG

YSU 31-14

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2023, 02:41 PM
No surprise here.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 02:53 PM
YSU quickly scores to start 2nd half

YSU 38

MoSt 14

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Let the clown show begin.. WTF is wrong with these guys in red on defense..

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 03:26 PM
Then, it continues on offense.

Total **** show so far by YSU.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 03:39 PM
YSU INT in the end zone.

Run out the clock.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 03:43 PM
King runs over a defender. Big time play !

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 03:48 PM
YSU FG

YSU 41-28

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Best player on the team the place kicker..

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 04:06 PM
YSU FG

YSU 44-28

2 minutes to go

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 04:08 PM
YSU sacks QB. MoSt desperate

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 04:16 PM
YSU wins 44-28

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 04:17 PM
Two down three to go..

[emoji3060]

Next up..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231028/af611617b2ea513751724426ff0301c7.jpg

The Yo Show
October 28th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Sycamores fight every game and giving North Dakota a game right now

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 04:42 PM
Sycamores fight every game and giving North Dakota a game right now36 - 33 NoDak in OT.. Indy ST is not an automatic W. YSU struggles in Terre Haute..

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 05:07 PM
To wrap up this thread..
WTF is targeting?!?!

I watched three weeks in a row two for YSU and one against YSU. The two for YSU, the opponent lowered their head crown of the helmet and nearly tore the head off the YSU player. Not targeting...

Today, a lame face mask makes contact with the shoulder of the MO player. The YSU player ejected..

A bull**** rule and way too objective call..

penguinpower
October 28th, 2023, 05:46 PM
YSU defense comes up big when they have to, but they go through spells where they look pedestrian at times. When they need a big play they always seem to get it. Don't understand that at all.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2023, 06:24 PM
YSU D is excellent against FCS teams but has problem spells against some MVFC teams. They had sacks today but do slack off of keeping pressure on the QB at times. It’s the DC who plays it conservative when he should be aggressive.

As I alluded to earlier this week, they placed emphasis on the pass game, played a lot of WRs to keep them fresh and threw for 415 yds and 4 TDS. High completion rate and spread the ball around. They actually slacked off a strong run game running for just over 100 yds and fewer carries.

Kicking game was also good , PK was hot and punter averaged 47.5 yds a kick.

ysubigred
October 28th, 2023, 09:34 PM
My favorite player Andrew Lastovka [emoji106]

BeamMeUp
October 28th, 2023, 10:20 PM
To wrap up this thread..
WTF is targeting?!?!

I watched three weeks in a row two for YSU and one against YSU. The two for YSU, the opponent lowered their head crown of the helmet and nearly tore the head off the YSU player. Not targeting...

Today, a lame face mask makes contact with the shoulder of the MO player. The YSU player ejected..

A bull**** rule and way too objective call..

Glad someone said it!

SDFS
October 30th, 2023, 05:13 AM
Glad someone said it!

Same problems the last couple of weeks in UND games. It's way too inconsistent right now. I agree with the goal of protecting players. But, it does not seem to be working right now.