PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 8, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
October 21st, 2023, 10:56 PM
With one game remaining (Montana St @ Sac State; I'll update by morning), I present to you this week's How They Fared.

A fair amount of red (L's) in that Top 25, begging the age-old question, "Who wants it?". That will be for about 50 AGS members to try to determine.

Also, we are at that point in the season where some teams are running low on (or are out of) possible D1 wins to get to 7 wins (see columns R and S on the sheet). Is this a year where multiple 6-5 teams might make the dance? That is for the committee to try to determine?

Are the Bison really as bad as they are ranked? Is Harvard really as good as they are ranked? Is a team with RB1 as QB1 worthy of getting a second bid from a typically one-bid conference? How high can the Leopards fly? Will the Salukis, rise, fall, or stay right where they have been for the past two weeks? Is Delaware a top 5 team? How about the rest of the CAA (sorting out rank, where and why)? Will Incarnate Word get a seed? Will Northern Iowa be ranked higher than the team they just dominated? Are we going to hear about how Austin Peay is underrated, while UT-Martin is overrated for yet another week? Will North Carolina A&T receive an 11th place vote again (sorry caribbean, had to)? ;) Will we go from "Montana should not be ranked" to "Montana is a top 10 team" (after playing IDLE this week)? Does Idaho State deserve some consideration? What is this week's biggest win? Biggest loss? Stay tuned for all of this and more.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bc9E1wJ1eFcVQ3wSeTEXeHnxE97m-Rbe-FSmz26MeJ4/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2023, 07:40 AM
With one game remaining (Montana St @ Sac State; I'll update by morning), I present to you this week's How They Fared.

A fair amount of red (L's) in that Top 25, begging the age-old question, "Who wants it?". That will be for about 50 AGS members to try to determine.

Also, we are at that point in the season where some teams are running low on (or are out of) possible D1 wins to get to 7 wins (see columns R and S on the sheet). Is this a year where multiple 6-5 teams might make the dance? That is for the committee to try to determine?

Are the Bison really as bad as they are ranked? Is Harvard really as good as they are ranked? Is a team with RB1 as QB1 worthy of getting a second bid from a typically one-bid conference? How high can the Leopards fly? Will the Salukis, rise, fall, or stay right where they have been for the past two weeks? Is Delaware a top 5 team? How about the rest of the CAA (sorting out rank, where and why)? Will Incarnate Word get a seed? Will Northern Iowa be ranked higher than the team they just dominated? Are we going to hear about how Austin Peay is underrated, while UT-Martin is overrated for yet another week? Will North Carolina A&T receive an 11th place vote again (sorry caribbean, had to)? ;) Will we go from "Montana should not be ranked" to "Montana is a top 10 team" (after playing IDLE this week)? Does Idaho State deserve some consideration? What is this week's biggest win? Biggest loss? Stay tuned for all of this and more.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bc9E1wJ1eFcVQ3wSeTEXeHnxE97m-Rbe-FSmz26MeJ4/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

some great questions but that one will get you an unnecessary roughness call. Haha

I think that happened as I was watching the replay of the Delaware NC A&T game while submitting poll, so that’s my excuse.

In my defense, I’ve been plugging NC Central since preseason when people had them ranked below New Hampshire

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 07:45 AM
Pards definitely now in Top 25, maybe even cracking top 20?

kdinva
October 22nd, 2023, 07:53 AM
lots of idle teams and losing teams, this week gonna take more thought, and again thanks for the spread sheet.

taper
October 22nd, 2023, 08:09 AM
Reminder that a team is expected to lose to someone ranked above them, and you don't necessarily have to punish them for it. Enough of the season is behind us that I will have a few teams ranked above a team that beat them.

MR. CHICKEN
October 22nd, 2023, 08:25 AM
Reminder that a team is expected to lose to someone ranked above them, and you don't necessarily have to punish them for it. Enough of the season is behind us that I will have a few teams ranked above a team that beat them.

....HMMMM?.............ARE YOU..AN ATTORNEY.....FO' SACRAMENTO STATE....xconfusedx....ASKIN' FO' UH WESTERN CAROLINA FAN...........BRAWK?

KPSUL
October 22nd, 2023, 08:27 AM
some great questions but that one will get you an unnecessary roughness call. Haha

I think that happened as I was watching the replay of the Delaware NC A&T game while submitting poll, so that’s my excuse.

In my defense, I’ve been plugging NC Central since preseason when people had them ranked below New Hampshire

If you'd watch the NC Central @ Morgan St. game on ESPNU Thursday, you know they struggled significantly before pulling it out. Now Morgan St may be the best 1 win team in FCS football, but the NCCU offense did not look like the team that beat Jackson State or UNH last season. I was also ranking NCCU higher than most AGS voters consistently this season, but I dropped them several positions this week. They are not top 10 at this point and with their remaining conference schedule they don't have an opportunity to get there. I don't recall if I ranked UNH or NCCU higher preseason, but really, who besides you gives a S_ _ _ at week 8 of the season?

MR. CHICKEN
October 22nd, 2023, 08:34 AM
If you'd watch the NC Central @ Morgan St. game on ESPNU Thursday, you know they struggled significantly before pulling it out. Now Morgan St may be the best 1 win team in FCS football, but the NCCU offense did not look like the team that beat Jackson State or UNH last season. I was also ranking NCCU higher than most AGS voters consistently this season, but I dropped them several positions this week. They are not top 10 at this point and with their remaining conference schedule they don't have an opportunity to get there. I don't recall if I ranked UNH or NCCU higher preseason, but really, who besides you gives a S_ _ _ at week 8 of the season?

.....NEW HAMPSHIRE FANS........FLASH BACKIN'.........DUH CENTRAL......DUBBYA............AWQ!

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2023, 09:11 AM

you do

NC Central is 3-0 vs CAA this year by the way

wcugrad95
October 23rd, 2023, 09:17 AM
I've only been doing the rankings now for a few weeks - you guys weren't kidding when you said it is hard. So many idle teams and then a mixed bag of losses (some where a higher ranked team won so not that big a deal, but some where the team who lost moved all the way out of my rankings).

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2023, 09:28 AM
A little over an hour 1/2 left to vote so get it in now.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2023, 10:09 AM
Under an hour, get your ballot in ASAP.

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2023, 11:31 AM
you do

NC Central is 3-0 vs CAA this year by the way

If you think I'd be using the results of a game 3 in 2022 as justification of a week 8 ranking you are sadly mistaken Mr. C-hen. I don't use irrelevant factors, and I ensure I have the correct team from a state before I submit my poll.

None of the CAA teams NCCU beat are currently ranked. It is not an issue of whether or not NCCU should be ranked. They peaked out close to #10 week 7, My only argument is advocating for a ranking not quite as high. I had them at 16 this week, a couple weeks ago I think I had them as high as 11.

caribbeanhen
October 23rd, 2023, 12:41 PM
If you think I'd be using the results of a game 3 in 2022 as justification of a week 8 ranking you are sadly mistaken Mr. C-hen. I don't use irrelevant factors, and I ensure I have the correct team from a state before I submit my poll.

None of the CAA teams NCCU beat are currently ranked. It is not an issue of whether or not NCCU should be ranked. They peaked out close to #10 week 7, My only argument is advocating for a ranking not quite as high. I had them at 16 this week, a couple weeks ago I think I had them as high as 11.

What… Not sure what your getting at

NC Central is 3-0 vs CAA this year 2023, sorry if that upsets you

nobody said those 3 wins came against ranked teams, although I think Elon has been ranked and lots of people looking for any excuse to rank Campbell

MSUBobcat
October 23rd, 2023, 02:03 PM
What… Not sure what your getting at

NC Central is 3-0 vs CAA this year 2023, sorry if that upsets you

nobody said those 3 wins came against ranked teams, although I think Elon has been ranked and lots of people looking for any excuse to rank Campbell

Are those people W&M fans???