PDA

View Full Version : Finalizing for Finley (T-FP)

chattanoogamocs
December 6th, 2007, 11:27 PM
By John Frierson
Staff Writer
Chattanooga Times-Free Press

Three games remain in the Football Championship Subdivision season. The first will be played tonight in Boone, N.C.; the second, Saturday in Carbondale, Ill.

The last, the national championship game, is a week from tonight at Finley Stadium.

The finalists will be set by about 7:30 p.m. Saturday, after Delaware and No. 4 seed Southern Illinois determine who will face tonight's Richmond-Appalachian State winner.

"When you start a year, you have dreams and you have goals," Richmond coach Dave Clawson said. "A lot of our goals we have accomplished, and we still have the big goal in front of us. The hard thing about the playoffs is the second they're over, it's over. The thing just kind of crashes and it ends. I don't think any of us want to see this end."

Two seasons will end this weekend, however. Meanwhile, in Chattanooga, which is hosting the championship game for the 11th straight year, preparations will kick into high gear once the participants are known.

Full article...
http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/sports.aspx?articleid=26484&zoneid=6

chattanoogamocs
December 6th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Eckstein said Southern Illinois requested the minimum, 1,500, while Richmond and Delaware each asked for about 3,000 and Appalachian State, the two-time defending national champion, requested 10,000.

ERASU2113
December 7th, 2007, 12:09 AM
After last year....I'm surprised ASU didn't request 22,000 :D

appmountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
those tickets will be sold out in less than 2 days at appalachian...good thing i'm in band :)

Cincy App
December 7th, 2007, 06:27 AM
After last year....I'm surprised ASU didn't request 22,000 :D

The article does say that ASU requested more tickets but that 10,000 is apparently the limit. I'm going to worry about Richmond first.

asu7
December 7th, 2007, 07:39 AM
there will be tickets as long as you are a yosef member ... lets beat richmond first

chattanoogamocs
December 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I never thought of it this way, but I guess ASU fans (if they get past Richmond) should be pulling for SIU because they requested less tickets (meaning more for ASU fans) xthumbsupx