PDA

View Full Version : SLC Week 8 Pick ‘Em

McCowboys
October 16th, 2023, 06:01 AM
SLC Week 8 Pick ‘Em https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjx6ddvXk6tLMKq_kqAGVLHAMprJRVGWyZcFRWmLnBt7e 1Q-xfyJHxcRzIj34kLSOVLmCGf93mshVq-4F-oZWkZNdsgOzJba1BFgc_HR7MJSnIoQk_NB36j9duv8kvn6TMnB iH1plO1HU31MY22axosxTl7SBhNmbRWUWilRq3dRXxdCIkd6wW E9sfEndIV/w135-h40/!SLC%20earned%20every%20day.jpg (https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6383734359116918752/9067888244166274556#)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhpGo3bYryrJR4bsUcdSDq66W6cX6C_2OUsNA9XQSNa3D 1g-GI9ggKMCPu-w4gZPpmG8U2sk7WXBkfo1xmj6jAAO3I5n76wxPWEeE4cl49K02-1xT7u6Dd91hddJkM69PExKgZa1ldO8rI3HEc3sQNoY3DIZgjMa AGVNB3Acw_MTi60VfEgbrPMk8dAm3rk/w533-h218/8.jpg (https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6383734359116918752/9067888244166274556#)

SLC Week 8 Pick 'Em

There are three contests this week, all conference games.
SLU (0-3 SLC) heads to Natchitoches in an afternoon game to face NSU (0-1 SLC). One of these winless teams will finally taste victory.
In another afternoon tilt, Nicholls (2-0 SLC) travels to Commerce (1-1 SLC). Nicholls has yet to lose a conference game, but Commerce may be the biggest conference test so far for the Colonels as the Lions gave UIW a fight right up to the end this past weekend after pounding McNeese the week before.
McNeese (0-2 SLC), who is winless on the season, hosts UIW (2-0 SLC) as the Cardinals face their first conference opponent on the road in an evening affair. Kickoff is set for 7 PM.
Surprising Lamar (3-0 SLC) and HCU (1-2 SLC) take the week off.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjDVtm27gAUxO3BNAQMGdN_BIAlHysBIGVf_70_C7zaCx s4eVdbHukgp329JQVzzBlv86LuA2RiOQHlsKcpoO-9IddNHWIfoHDs1QIXxQ15QTXhfwzcwU8lEjHj_vvBzxtrPqoZB 03lobur0bRiHbmDARqNgJGyURL42rnDS67JghAi3X_WMrLLicK oK9io/w605-h247/Screenshot%202023-10-15%20174937.jpg (https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6383734359116918752/9067888244166274556#)

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners. I hope to have a poll, but if not, just copy and paste and bold your selections.
The poll will close Saturday morning.

Puddin Tane
October 16th, 2023, 10:48 AM
My in depth ( or inept?) analysis

*UIW vs McNeese——UIW has been underperforming. Mcneese just plain ole sucks. UIW wins

Nicholls vs That school up there somewhere——Nicholls resumes it march to SLC championship.
Nicholls wins

*Sela vs Nwst—-Sela has the players, theyre just doing stupid **** and beating themselves. I think they are done with the 2 qb system. Last I saw of sawyer, he was looking for his right shoulder after getting smoked.
nwst just plain ole sucks. Puddin’s tip for Nwst….throw the damn ball. Sela cant cover the pass (which is why we went to the run and damn near blew the game)
Sela wins

McCowboys
October 16th, 2023, 04:09 PM
My in depth ( or inept?) analysis

*UIW vs McNeese——UIW has been underperforming. Mcneese just plain ole sucks. UIW wins

Nicholls vs That school up there somewhere——Nicholls resumes it march to SLC championship.
Nicholls wins

*Sela vs Nwst—-Sela has the players, theyre just doing stupid **** and beating themselves. I think they are done with the 2 qb system. Last I saw of sawyer, he was looking for his right shoulder after getting smoked.
nwst just plain ole sucks. Puddin’s tip for Nwst….throw the damn ball. Sela cant cover the pass (which is why we went to the run and damn near blew the game)
Sela wins

The "plain ole sucks" Cowboys have 3 of their last five at home (UIW, HCU, and Northwestern State), not that that means anything this season. I guess McNeese and NSU can see who is the suckiest. xpissedx

bonarae
October 16th, 2023, 05:30 PM
SLU at Demons moved to Thursday

https://fbschedules.com/southeastern-louisiana-at-northwestern-state-football-game-moved-to-thursday/

McCowboys
October 16th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Yikes! Thanks for the info. NO votes cast after the game start will count for the SLU/NSU game. Get your votes in before then. Thanks!

McCowboys
October 17th, 2023, 06:27 AM
Lamar picked up a couple of votes in this poll:
https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/10/with-five-straight-wins-uiw-climbs-to-season-high-no-5-in-fcs-top-25-poll/
UIW and Lamar are the only SLC teams receiving votes.

McNeese72
October 17th, 2023, 08:07 AM
Putting this here so I can remember it easier. 34-6 for the season but picking games is getting harder.

Doc

McNeese72
October 17th, 2023, 08:28 AM
Don't know what to think about SLU now? But I am going with SLU but I am afraid that Northwestern St. might use the player's death as a rallying cry for the game and dedicate the game to him.

The Nicholls- Texas A&M Commerce game is a toss up for me. I will flip the coin and take Nicholls.

The McNeese-UIW game is a no brainer. UIW all the way.

Doc

McCowboys
October 17th, 2023, 12:16 PM
Don't know what to think about SLU now? But I am going with SLU but I am afraid that Northwestern St. might use the player's death as a rallying cry for the game and dedicate the game to him.

The Nicholls- Texas A&M Commerce game is a toss up for me. I will flip the coin and take Nicholls.

The McNeese-UIW game is a no brainer. UIW all the way.

Doc

Yes, it is tougher in conference with teams who know each other and hate each other so well. SLU is like other teams that kill themselves with turnovers. Who knows how NSU will play with all that has been going on. Also, remember that SLU has NSU's star QB from last year who went to SLU after entering the portal.

Commerce should not have smacked McNeese like they did, but they showed they are pretty good last week against UIW. Nicholls has had a couple of weeks off and may come out sluggish, and I think Commerce will play well at home.

UIW is not as good as last year, but they are still good enough to put a whooping on the Cowboys if the blue and gold can't move the chains and turn the ball over. Most predictions I see have UIW as 20 point favorites. :(

Lamar and HCU tangle with Open U1 and Open U2. Lamar is still riding high (from the altitude in Hammond) and struggles but still pulls out a victory. HCU pounds OU2 like they did Prairie View last week.

Puddin Tane
October 17th, 2023, 11:24 PM
Yes, it is tougher in conference with teams who know each other and hate each other so well. SLU is like other teams that kill themselves with turnovers. Who knows how NSU will play with all that has been going on. Also, remember that SLU has NSU's star QB from last year who went to SLU after entering the portal.

Commerce should not have smacked McNeese like they did, but they showed they are pretty good last week against UIW. Nicholls has had a couple of weeks off and may come out sluggish, and I think Commerce will play well at home.

UIW is not as good as last year, but they are still good enough to put a whooping on the Cowboys if the blue and gold can't move the chains and turn the ball over. Most predictions I see have UIW as 20 point favorites. :(

Lamar and HCU tangle with Open U1 and Open U2. Lamar is still riding high (from the altitude in Hammond) and struggles but still pulls out a victory. HCU pounds OU2 like they did Prairie View last week.

we’re in good shape if Open U1 doesnt have a running qb

McCowboys
October 19th, 2023, 06:13 AM
The voting for the Southeastern Louisiana at Northwestern State game ends before 7 PM CDT today due to the change in game day.

You may continue to vote on the other two games until Saturday morning.

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2023, 05:00 PM
Noticed 3 proud Louisiana schools are winless this year

Southeastern Louisiana
Mcneese St
Northwestern State

how can this be?

McCowboys
October 19th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Noticed 3 proud Louisiana schools are winless this year

Southeastern Louisiana
Mcneese St
Northwestern State

how can this be?

We all suck!
Some have lost close games due to turnovers.
Most have played early tough schedules.
The transfer portal was not kind.

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2023, 07:01 PM
We all suck!
Some have lost close games due to turnovers.
Most have played early tough schedules.
The transfer portal was not kind.

Roughly, how many players transferred out of McNeese?

where did they go? FBS?

are the recent moves to FBS like Jacksonville St, Sam Houston hurting recruiting?

has to be something going on and it certainly doesn’t look good for FCS…

McCowboys
October 19th, 2023, 07:53 PM
Roughly, how many players transferred out of McNeese?

where did they go? FBS?

are the recent moves to FBS like Jacksonville St, Sam Houston hurting recruiting?

has to be something going on and it certainly doesn’t look good for FCS…

Since the two hurricanes hit and numerous coaching changes, McNeese has struggled. Some players graduated or just gave up football due to injuries or personal reasons. We had players who entered the portal and are playing at Marshall, LSU, Miami, etc.

Our new coaching staff has struck out two years in a row with the transfer portal. Several of those players have since entered the portal again, have been dismissed, or have given up football for personal reasons. I think we have some good freshmen, but they are freshmen and inexperienced. We have started playing some of them and some more will play, but the coaches are hoping not to burn the redshirt on some of them. The coaching staff, in looking for experience, seems to want to concentrate on Division II and JUCO transfers. ???

The McNeese offense has not been able to sustain drives and the third down conversion rate is abysmal. Since the offense cannot keep possession, our defense gets worn down. Even when they aren't worn down, they have had trouble stopping the run.

Against Commerce, McNeese controlled the first quarter but had to settle for field goals rather than TD's when we were on their goal line. Then our leading rusher went out with injury (the only one with experience since the others had quit and our other good one was also injured) and we played inexperienced players at running back, including a true freshman wide receiver. Commerce made a couple of big plays. Frustration mounted and there was questionable play calling by the coaching staff.

In my opinion, this is some of the worst football from McNeese I have seen since I have been a fan. It is painful. It has been a step back from last year, I think. Some are already to fire the second year coach.

McNeese is not typically a basketball school, but with the hire of former LSU coach Will Wade, I think a lot of fans are wishing that basketball season gets here in a hurry.

These are my opinions and may not reflect the opinions of others associated with McNeese.

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2023, 11:16 PM
Since the two hurricanes hit and numerous coaching changes, McNeese has struggled. Some players graduated or just gave up football due to injuries or personal reasons. We had players who entered the portal and are playing at Marshall, LSU, Miami, etc.

Our new coaching staff has struck out two years in a row with the transfer portal. Several of those players have since entered the portal again, have been dismissed, or have given up football for personal reasons. I think we have some good freshmen, but they are freshmen and inexperienced. We have started playing some of them and some more will play, but the coaches are hoping not to burn the redshirt on some of them. The coaching staff, in looking for experience, seems to want to concentrate on Division II and JUCO transfers. ???

The McNeese offense has not been able to sustain drives and the third down conversion rate is abysmal. Since the offense cannot keep possession, our defense gets worn down. Even when they aren't worn down, they have had trouble stopping the run.

Against Commerce, McNeese controlled the first quarter but had to settle for field goals rather than TD's when we were on their goal line. Then our leading rusher went out with injury (the only one with experience since the others had quit and our other good one was also injured) and we played inexperienced players at running back, including a true freshman wide receiver. Commerce made a couple of big plays. Frustration mounted and there was questionable play calling by the coaching staff.

In my opinion, this is some of the worst football from McNeese I have seen since I have been a fan. It is painful. It has been a step back from last year, I think. Some are already to fire the second year coach.

McNeese is not typically a basketball school, but with the hire of former LSU coach Will Wade, I think a lot of fans are wishing that basketball season gets here in a hurry.

These are my opinions and may not reflect the opinions of others associated with McNeese.

Thank you for that outstanding report. Some older Delaware fans remember the 1974 game and were so impressed with the McNeese fans on hand at Delaware stadium almost 50 years ago now. Cowbells

FCS needs a strong Southland and best of luck getting back on track

Puddin Tane
October 21st, 2023, 08:42 PM
Wheres Uiw’s starting qb?

McCowboys
October 22nd, 2023, 06:22 AM
Wheres Uiw’s starting qb?

He hurt his shoulder last week against Commerce is the report they gave.

McCowboys
October 22nd, 2023, 06:36 AM
The pics for this week and the season's total. Please let me know if you feel you vote total is in error:

bonarae

carribeanhen

dewey

kdinva

McCowboys

McNeese72

McNeese75

pokefan02

SFA 93

SpreadTheWord

Bear

The Cats

Puddin Tane

LionUp

Ming01

wapiti

AGrizFan999

BayouColonel

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2023, 06:46 AM
From what I was told on the sidelines was that their 1st and 2nd string Qb's were out with injuries. They started their 3rd string Qb for the first half then changed to their 4th string Qb the second half. I was told that the 4th string Qb was a true freshman.

McCowboys
October 27th, 2023, 08:03 AM
Thank you for that outstanding report. Some older Delaware fans remember the 1974 game and were so impressed with the McNeese fans on hand at Delaware stadium almost 50 years ago now. Cowbells

FCS needs a strong Southland and best of luck getting back on track

I was a freshman at McNeese at that time and I remember listening to the game on the radio in my dorm room. A close game, but a devesting loss.
Delaware, Montana, Youngstown State, and UNI are teams I wish McNeese could play again.

SpreadTheWord
October 27th, 2023, 01:53 PM
From what I was told on the sidelines was that their 1st and 2nd string Qb's were out with injuries. They started their 3rd string Qb for the first half then changed to their 4th string Qb the second half. I was told that the 4th string Qb was a true freshman.

Calzada injured his non-throwing shoulder on his 3rd INT against Commerce. He was held out of the McNeese game as a precaution, although he probably could've suited up and played. Stubblefield, the transfer QB from East Carolina got the start against McNeese. Offense played horrendously during the 1st half and he got benched in favor of Torres, who's a redshirt freshman transfer from Nebraska, and led the 2nd half comeback. Stubblefield and Torres were both listed as 2nd string on the depth chart using the "or" designation. Calzada should be ready to go against Lamar tomorrow.