PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 8

DFW HOYA
October 15th, 2023, 10:12 PM
All games in-league this week, with Fordham idle.

Lehigh (1-6) at Bucknell (2-4), 1:00
Lafayette (5-1) at Holy Cross (4-2), 1:00
Colgate (2-4) at Georgetown (4-3), 3:00

bonarae
October 16th, 2023, 12:00 AM
Bucknell
Lafayette
Georgetown

NY Crusader 2010
October 16th, 2023, 03:51 AM
Bucknell 24 Lehigh 13
Lafayette 30 Holy Cross 28
Colgate 34 Georgetown 31

gravalico
October 16th, 2023, 05:24 AM
Lehigh 17- Bucknell 10

Georgetown 21 - Colgate 7

Holy Cross 14 - Lafayette 7 Hope I'm wrong.
GO PARDS!

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2023, 05:54 AM
Lehigh 17- Bucknell 10

GO PARDS!

At least youre not a homer! Yes go Pards. I agree prob a loss.

gravalico
October 16th, 2023, 07:42 AM
At least youre not a homer! Yes go Pards. I agree prob a loss.A true homer would neither pick against the Leopards nor pick in favor of Lehigh. So I'm not a homer. HC has one more year of dominating the PL unchallenged. Things change next year. Again, hope like hell I'm wrong!

kdinva
October 16th, 2023, 08:37 AM
Bucknell 31; Lehigh 20
Holy Cross 35; Lafayette 24
Georgetown 33; Colgate 21

crusader11
October 16th, 2023, 09:30 AM
Lehigh 17- Bucknell 10

GO PARDS!

I think the point differential is about right in HC v. Lafayette...but definitely see more points being scored. While the Lafayette defense is staunch, HC legitimately has one of the five best offenses in the country. Meanwhile, the HC defense is pretty average. I'd get the O/U at 55.5.

HC 34 - Lafayette 26 is what I'd guess.

IslandPard
October 16th, 2023, 09:34 AM
Of all the time I have been on AGS, I have NEVER made any picks. And, during that time the LC program has been in the dumps! The program is changing, so I will change as well.

LC @ HC - So much to discuss for this game. The best rushing offense vs. the best rushing defense. It's forecasting rain on Saturday and Fitton is grass. We have yet to play on grass but I'm sure Troxell bought the team to Metzger to practice on grass. Like '22 this will be another close one and will come down to special teams.

Holy Cross 17, Lafayette 14

Bucknell 28, Lehigh 21
Georgetown 35, Colgate 21

NY Crusader 2010
October 16th, 2023, 10:50 AM
I don't like the matchup for Holy Cross. IMO the shockingly close win for us in Easton in 2022 was less a fluke so much as foreshadowing what we can expect this year.

One thing I will say is that our playcalling against Lafayette last year was not good. Worst game Chris Smith called all season. And Sluka was not accurate with his arm that day. We kept going for the home run ball early to look to put the game away when we should've stuck to our DNA and grounded and pounded them.

The two teams last year that did a really good job of containing Sluka on the ground were Harvard and Lafayette. And we know what happened when we played Harvard again.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2023, 11:43 AM
If anyone wants a "good read" venture over to the Lehigh message board. An individual under the handle "Former LU Coach" went on a rather epic tirade on the message board. One can only wonder what would drive an individual to go on such a Sunday night rant? Who could it be? It couldn't be Gilmore, could it? This "Former LU Coach" threw EVERYONE under the bus. Alums, academics, facilities, program, me, rich h, the locals to some extent, message boards in general, etc. The whole thing is "odd"....

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2023, 11:58 AM
If anyone wants a "good read" venture over to the Lehigh message board. An individual under the handle "Former LU Coach" went on a rather epic tirade on the message board. One can only wonder what would drive an individual to go on such a Sunday night rant? Who could it be? It couldn't be Gilmore, could it? This "Former LU Coach" threw EVERYONE under the bus. Alums, academics, facilities, program, me, rich h, the locals to some extent, message boards in general, etc. The whole thing is "odd"....

Very odd. Anyone who claims Lehigh has the worst facilities in the PL hasn't been to Washington, Lewisburg, or the Bronx.

crusader11
October 16th, 2023, 12:02 PM

Wow, that was entertaining.

The Lehigh message board is incredibly tame and, by and large, respectful, compared to many other Division 1 programs.

Imagine how soft you have to be to blame poor recruiting on a message board.

gravalico
October 16th, 2023, 12:14 PM
If anyone wants a "good read" venture over to the Lehigh message board. An individual under the handle "Former LU Coach" went on a rather epic tirade on the message board. One can only wonder what would drive an individual to go on such a Sunday night rant? Who could it be? It couldn't be Gilmore, could it? This "Former LU Coach" threw EVERYONE under the bus. Alums, academics, facilities, program, me, rich h, the locals to some extent, message boards in general, etc. The whole thing is "odd"....Oh god... I can't get there quick enough. It's like Christmas morning all of the sudden!

pardfan
October 16th, 2023, 12:38 PM
Lehigh
Colgate
In a big game, won't jinx Leopards with my second post. Princeton coach said LC has the top linebacker trio in fcs (according to a subscription service he uses). Don't know if that's enough. For a guy who has seen his share of athletic contests (Willie Mays and Robin Roberts playing at Connie Mack on same day), have to treat Lehigh and Colgate seriously at all times. Don't see why hitting "post quick reply" shouldn't work

Franks Tanks
October 16th, 2023, 01:00 PM

Ha, his Bragalone comment was my favorite. He was not an under the radar recruit, and about as high profile as a PL recruit gets. Every football fan in PA knew his name. He even became an “inside joke” on PSU message boards as there were frequent and never ending threads on why PSU wasn’t recruiting him.

Sader87
October 16th, 2023, 05:25 PM
Bummah with the weather forecast Saturday....seems to be that kind of year....might be the great equalizer Saturday at Fitton.

I've heard pahhking passes have already sold-out but the rain (and possible thundah, again) will probably keep the crowd down like it did at Homecoming.

The Cats
October 16th, 2023, 06:34 PM

The Boogie Down
October 16th, 2023, 06:45 PM
Very odd. Anyone who claims Lehigh has the worst facilities in the PL hasn't been to Washington, Lewisburg, or the Bronx.

No way would I compare Lewisburg to DC or The Bronx. Bucknell has a very clean, symmetric, picturesque facility. I'm "okay" w/the olympic track b/c I recognize, at this level, building a "football-only" stadium would be an incredible waste of money. My only problem is the lack of any visible fan base. Maybe the spectators are saving themselves for tack and field season but I've never seen Bison fans even get remotely close to filling up the place whenever Fordham football is in town.

Georgetown has a one-sided set of stands and, aside from a nice looking facade, little else. Fordham has the same high school-type setup but bigger and without the nice looking facade.

Not sure if either Georgetown or Fordham ever add a visiting set of stands to their respective "stadiums," but from what I understand Fordham is in store for a much-needed facelift. The school has been hush-hush about whatever is in store but did recently rename their field Moglia Stadium.

NY Crusader 2010
October 16th, 2023, 07:23 PM
Ha, his Bragalone comment was my favorite. He was not an under the radar recruit, and about as high profile as a PL recruit gets. Every football fan in PA knew his name. He even became an “inside joke” on PSU message boards as there were frequent and never ending threads on why PSU wasn’t recruiting him.

LMAO, wasn't Bragalone that all-time leading rusher in PA state history? And his senior year, I think he may have set a national record for single-season yards.

NY Crusader 2010
October 16th, 2023, 07:26 PM

I would opine that there's zero shot Tom Gilmore would stoop to that.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2023, 08:35 PM
No way would I compare Lewisburg to DC or The Bronx. Bucknell has a very clean, symmetric, picturesque facility. I'm "okay" w/the olympic track b/c I recognize, at this level, building a "football-only" stadium would be an incredible waste of money. My only problem is the lack of any visible fan base. Maybe the spectators are saving themselves for tack and field season but I've never seen Bison fans even get remotely close to filling up the place whenever Fordham football is in town.

Georgetown has a one-sided set of stands and, aside from a nice looking facade, little else. Fordham has the same high school-type setup but bigger and without the nice looking facade.

Not sure if either Georgetown or Fordham ever add a visiting set of stands to their respective "stadiums," but from what I understand Fordham is in store for a much-needed facelift. The school has been hush-hush about whatever is in store but did recently rename their field Moglia Stadium.

Our respective schools have, for the most part, picturescue little ballparks because we spend the majority of our dollars on academics. That is perfectly fine with me.

gravalico
October 16th, 2023, 09:08 PM
Our respective schools have, for the most part, picturescue little ballparks because we spend the majority of our dollars on academics. That is perfectly fine with me.I'm taking this opportunity to mention I think Lafayette has the best facilities in the league and right up there in fcs. The Bourger Varsity House houses amazing "football only" facilities. And while the visitor stands leave a bit to be desired it's all right on campus. Can't wait to see the new video board.

Franks Tanks
October 16th, 2023, 09:08 PM
LMAO, wasn't Bragalone that all-time leading rusher in PA state history? And his senior year, I think he may have set a national record for single-season yards.

He never had the all time yards crown, but was close, like within a few hundred yards. He had 4,700 yards his senior year, which was second to a guy in Jersey in the 50’s by 50 some yards (I had to look that up).

Interestingly, Bragalone, Barkett and Garcia are like 4,5,6 in all time rushing in PA history and all played (or still play) for Lehigh.

Sader87
October 16th, 2023, 09:19 PM
I'm taking this opportunity to mention I think Lafayette has the best facilities in the league and right up there in fcs. The Bourger Varsity House houses amazing "football only" facilities. And while the visitor stands leave a bit to be desired it's all right on campus. Can't wait to see the new video board.

Hard to beat the facilities (save for game-day locker-rooms) that HC has now with the Luth Center, Fitton Field etc.

HC's practice/meeting facilities etc at Luth are on a par with many FBS programs.

gravalico
October 16th, 2023, 09:23 PM
Hard to beat the facilities (save for game-day locker-rooms) that HC has now with the Luth Center, Fitton Field etc.

HC's practice/meeting facilities etc at Luth are on a par with many FBS programs.Fitton was never my cup of tea. Always struck me as stark and a bit characterless. Lot of metal. That being said I concede it makes for great game day conditions.

gravalico
October 17th, 2023, 08:08 AM
Tailgating? Just ordered my tickets for the big game Saturday. Is anyone planning on going? If so, anyone tailgating? The parking passes are all sold out. Wondering if there might be any Leopard fans meeting up who got their hands on a parking pass. Happy to contribute to the festivities if there are. I know it's still looking like rain but the percentages seem to be moving in the right direction on Weatherbug (at least marginally) and they are still calling it "showers" with a little sun icon behind the cloud graphic. Any cause for optimism! I look forward to the day when Lafayette sells out all space for tailgating for a non Rivalry game.

Pards Rule
October 17th, 2023, 10:41 AM
Tailgating? Just ordered my tickets for the big game Saturday. Is anyone planning on going? If so, anyone tailgating? The parking passes are all sold out. Wondering if there might be any Leopard fans meeting up who got their hands on a parking pass. Happy to contribute to the festivities if there are. I know it's still looking like rain but the percentages seem to be moving in the right direction on Weatherbug (at least marginally) and they are still calling it "showers" with a little sun icon behind the cloud graphic. Any cause for optimism! I look forward to the day when Lafayette sells out all space for tailgating for a non Rivalry game.

Im not going unfortunately. Otherwise we would meet up. Im begging Nardis to carry the game down here lol! Im going to DC the next week to meet up with another Pard football fan who lives down there and to see my first game at Georgetown. Next year to Fordham to cross off Patriot away games

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2023, 06:30 PM

Great point about Bragalone! He was all over the news in the Scranton area! He was a high school sensation then proved to be an excellent college RB. He was in Edmonds shadow a bit yet statistically was very comparable; Edmonds was the better receiver. Both battled through injuries their senior year....

Post was so out of touch in many ways it's scary. Which might help to explain A LOT if that was indeed a "Former LU Coach".....

Pard4Life
October 17th, 2023, 10:39 PM
Big game in Fitton... questionable weather... having nightmares of Davis Rodriguez missing an XP and a non-call PI that the Patriot League issued an OFFICIAL APOLOGY FOR... maybe we need to win in questionable conditions to reverse the Curse (though we have won in Fitton several times since 2009).

This game hinges on our pass defense: stop HC through the air, Pards may just score enough points to win. LBs and DL can put enough pressure on the QB to handicap some of our secondary deficiency, but we cannot give up 300-400+ yards against HC and expect to win.

Pard4Life
October 17th, 2023, 10:41 PM

Can you provide a link to the Lehigh board? Forgotten how to get there and have not been in years!

NY Crusader 2010
October 18th, 2023, 04:12 AM
Great point about Bragalone! He was all over the news in the Scranton area! He was a high school sensation then proved to be an excellent college RB. He was in Edmonds shadow a bit yet statistically was very comparable; Edmonds was the better receiver. Both battled through injuries their senior year....

Post was so out of touch in many ways it's scary. Which might help to explain A LOT if that was indeed a "Former LU Coach".....

Speaking of Edmonds, is he hurt this year? Haven't seen him pop up at all on Sundays. Or is he out of the league now?

Pards Rule
October 18th, 2023, 07:49 AM
Big game in Fitton... questionable weather... having nightmares of Davis Rodriguez missing an XP and a non-call PI that the Patriot League issued an OFFICIAL APOLOGY FOR... maybe we need to win in questionable conditions to reverse the Curse (though we have won in Fitton several times since 2009).

This game hinges on our pass defense: stop HC through the air, Pards may just score enough points to win. LBs and DL can put enough pressure on the QB to handicap some of our secondary deficiency, but we cannot give up 300-400+ yards against HC and expect to win.

Agreed - I believe an assault and battery was filed by Mark Ross after the game with Worcester Police. What year was that?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you provide a link to the Lehigh board? Forgotten how to get there and have not been in years!
I was just going to post same thing!!

crusader11
October 18th, 2023, 08:38 AM

https://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Colgate TD
October 18th, 2023, 10:49 AM
Bucknell 21 Lehigh 14
Holy Cross 32 Lafayette 17
Colgate 27 G'town 16

Fordham
October 18th, 2023, 01:41 PM
Crazy and pretty much always a bad decision when players, coaches or parents jump into a message board. I checked it out and it’s nothing awful but no need. I assume it was some assistant, right?

Chase Edmonds is a backup RB in Tampa but just got placed on IR. Not sure what will happen when the 4 games is up

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2023, 02:33 PM

Agreed. All the home teams win.

Pards Rule
October 19th, 2023, 07:09 AM
Got to favor Cross on Saturday BUT the weather forecast could make it interesting. On another note, I was looking at property being fwd to me in email to buy for an autowash in Lehighton PA along Rt 443 on google maps and noted a Troxell Rd! I talked to a business owner I know up there who said the Troxells own a lot of real estate in that neck of woods (not sure if John directly related or probably tangentally?)

gravalico
October 19th, 2023, 08:05 AM
Got to favor Cross on Saturday BUT the weather forecast could n=make it interesting. On another note, I was looking at property being fwd to me in email to buy for an autowash in Lehighton PA along Rt 443 on google maps and noted a Troxell Rd! I talked to a business owner I know up there who said the Troxells own a lot of real estate in that neck of woods (not sure if John directly related or probably tangentally?)

Well it certainly didn't seem like John came from a family with a lot of real estate holdings. His mom was a hair dresser in Phillipsburgh. Don't recall anything about his Dad. I suppose it's possible but he certainly seemed to be in the same boat as the rest of us "poor" (compared to the rest of the student body) football players. Not really important at all but that is how I recall it.

Bill
October 19th, 2023, 08:22 AM
Lafayette fans,

Speaking of Troxell, how is he related to former P-Burg wrestling legend Greg Troxell? Cousin?

Thanks - I remember watching Greg wrestle...I believe we were same graduating HS year

RichH2
October 19th, 2023, 10:01 AM
A bitter guy venting drivel laced with a few valid points.
He Certainly doesn't like us owl. 😳🤣
Bragalone reference just clueless. Under the radar?? Gotta wonder how any "Former Lehigh coach"
could possibly be so clueless.

crusader11
October 19th, 2023, 12:11 PM
A bitter guy venting drivel laced with a few valid points.
He Certainly doesn't like us owl. 藍
Bragalone reference just clueless. Under the radar?? Gotta wonder how any "Former Lehigh coach"
could possibly be so clueless.

His postings wreak of a guy on the previous regime's staff who has an axe to grind and is conjuring up reasons for why the teams he coached on were not successful. Driving to the other side of the mountain and message board posts as reasons why they couldn't recruit better is laugh out loud funny.

Franks Tanks
October 19th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Lafayette fans,

Speaking of Troxell, how is he related to former P-Burg wrestling legend Greg Troxell? Cousin?

Thanks - I remember watching Greg wrestle...I believe we were same graduating HS year

Yes, I believe they are cousins. Greg is the Superintendent of the Phillipsburg School District.

Lots of Troxell’s around here in the valley.

Bill
October 19th, 2023, 09:22 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Franks Tanks again.

Go...gate
October 19th, 2023, 10:29 PM
Bucknell 23, Lehigh 21

Holy Cross 30, Lafayette 24

Georgetown 26, Colgate 23

Bonus Pick: Harvard 22, Princeton 17

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2023, 10:44 AM
Well it certainly didn't seem like John came from a family with a lot of real estate holdings. His mom was a hair dresser in Phillipsburgh. Don't recall anything about his Dad. I suppose it's possible but he certainly seemed to be in the same boat as the rest of us "poor" (compared to the rest of the student body) football players. Not really important at all but that is how I recall it.

I pretty much assumed tangentally...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Georgetown 27 Colgate 24 - I'll take the home in close game. The Raiders have shown grit by being able to win two close ones against ok teams. Colgate still has a shot at winning record with victory...
Holy Cross 31 Lafayette 27 - Game of the Year in the PL....so far. Figures to be a very physical game with both teams being able to move the ball to some extent. I'll take Sluka and Chesney to pass this legit test.
Bucknell 17 Lehigh 13 - Yikes, this is ugly. At least the Bison have found a way to win twice. Attendance guestimate? The good news is, Penn State at Ohio State offers the fine folks of Central PA a respectable diversion....

gravalico
October 20th, 2023, 11:28 AM
I pretty much assumed tangentally...Perhaps. I don't think any of the tangential money got to John in his youth. I'm sure he's doing just fine now though. Go Pards!

IslandPard
October 20th, 2023, 02:32 PM
LSN's discussion of this week's big game. They do a great job!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1NkaJb0AFzU?si=Dbp23GfceUDlYzSQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKXxAcIkQCw?si=5Y3vn7i6xOl7S4ao" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1NkaJb0AFzU?si=Dbp23GfceUDlYzSQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKXxAcIkQCw?si=5Y3vn7i6xOl7S4ao" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

My embed game is seriously lacking!

gravalico
October 20th, 2023, 03:26 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My embed game is seriously lacking!The Inside The Huddle really articulated that the old adage will be tested this weekend...does Defense win championships? It's going to be a rock fight for sure. Can't wait for tomorrow...weather be damned!

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2023, 04:28 PM
Perhaps. I don't think any of the tangential money got to John in his youth. I'm sure he's doing just fine now though. Go Pards!

Sent u DM

gravalico
October 20th, 2023, 04:37 PM
Sent u DMJust replied.

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2023, 05:00 PM
Just replied.

Got it thx..Aye I hate small screens. I will do something. I sent a letter to John with two potential recruits clipped from Inquirer and a possible play he could run.

gravalico
October 20th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Got it thx..Aye I hate small screens. I will do something. I sent a letter to John with two potential recruits clipped from Inquirer and a possible play he could run.My friend, whom I consider the Mayor of LBI, suggested the Arlington citing their great bar. Of course he's a proud Lehigh grad so he could be giving us a bum steer. There's always Tuckers too?

Any chance you have a smart TV? If you have an android phone I could walk you through mirroring your phone to the TV. It's really pretty easy.

Sader87
October 20th, 2023, 05:45 PM
Shame about the weather tomorrow....it will really cut down on the crowd size imo.....they probably won't allow parking on the baseball field.

Feel bad for this HC team in this regard.....they have earned a lot of fan support but it it seems to the kind of year were it rains every Saturday home game at Fitton. xsplatx

gravalico
October 20th, 2023, 05:52 PM
I'm so pissed. This is the first (and maybe the last) game I can attend in person. Oh well...going to get wet.

Sader87
October 20th, 2023, 05:58 PM
I'm so pissed. This is the first (and maybe the last) game I can attend in person. Oh well...going to get wet.

You're a bettah man than me Gunga....uhh, gravalico. xdrunkyx

I think the 6 hour weather delayed BC game used up my allotment for bad weather games this season.

Leopard Loyalist
October 20th, 2023, 06:24 PM
Lehigh 24, Bucknell 23

Holy Cross 28, Lafayette 24

Colgate 21, Georgetown 17

gravalico
October 20th, 2023, 08:54 PM
You're a bettah man than me Gunga....uhh, gravalico. xdrunkyx

I think the 6 hour weather delayed BC game used up my allotment for bad weather games this season.It's football...barring lightening they should play. I have a flask of Piggyback all set to help me stay warm and muscle through. I just hope the game is worthy of the effort in the long run.

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 07:33 AM
My friend, whom I consider the Mayor of LBI, suggested the Arlington citing their great bar. Of course he's a proud Lehigh grad so he could be giving us a bum steer. There's always Tuckers too?

Any chance you have a smart TV? If you have an android phone I could walk you through mirroring your phone to the TV. It's really pretty easy.

I appreciate! Very good news! I found out my neighbor who just moved down here full time (PRAISE!) from Doylestown has it! I thank you very much sir! And thank your Lehigh friend for the input! GO PARDS!!! Enjoy the game. I need to make another - the only one I was at Worcester was Nov 1991 - a thorough whupping 48-14. They still had their last squad of scholarship kids. If John runs it - I will know! I wish I could be there. Im going to Georgetown next week. First time there. Very good friends with parents of #86, 26 and 31.

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 07:35 AM
It's football...barring lightening they should play. I have a flask of Piggyback all set to help me stay warm and muscle through. I just hope the game is worthy of the effort in the long run.

Just grab a trash bag at the tailgate area like I did at Delaware one year - um I actually emptied some trash out and took it! Worked great!!

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 07:36 AM
I appreciate! Very good news! I found out my neighbor who just moved down here full time (PRAISE!) from Doylestown has it! I thank you very much sir! And thank your Lehigh friend for the input! GO PARDS!!! Enjoy the game. I need to make another - the only one I was at Worcester was Nov 1991 - a thorough whupping 48-14. They still had their last squad of scholarship kids. If John runs it - I will know! I wish I could be there. Im going to Georgetown next week. First time there. Very good friends with parents of #86, 26 and 31.We killed Holy Cross in Worcester in 93. They were tiny up front.

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 07:36 AM
I appreciate! Very good news! I found out my neighbor who just moved down here full time (PRAISE!) from Doylestown has it! I thank you very much sir! And thank your Lehigh friend for the input! GO PARDS!!! Enjoy the game. I need to make another - the only one I was at Worcester was Nov 1991 - a thorough whupping 48-14. They still had their last squad of scholarship kids. If John runs it - I will know! I wish I could be there. Im going to Georgetown next week. First time there. Very good friends with parents of #86, 26 and 31.Glad you got it all figured out. Go Pards!

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 07:38 AM
Just grab a trash bag at the tailgate area like I did at Delaware one year - um I actually emptied some trash out and took it! Worked great!!That's one way or, knowing that it's going to rain, I will wear rain gear.

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 07:42 AM
Shame about the weather tomorrow....it will really cut down on the crowd size imo.....they probably won't allow parking on the baseball field.

Feel bad for this HC team in this regard.....they have earned a lot of fan support but it it seems to the kind of year were it rains every Saturday home game at Fitton. xsplatx

We have a little Patriot knot here on my street on Long Beach Island. Part timer across street played with Troxell but isnt Patriot grad (he still counts though), and a great guy on the bay side on my street is Cross with two surfer sons. If they are down this week I will invite him to the Patriot Party my neighbor found out he was hosting last night when he was walking to Terrace Tavern and I asked him if he had ESPN+...

MUHAWKS
October 21st, 2023, 08:11 AM
Just wanted to wish The Lafayette fans a good day. No real skin in the game (although I talked ya'll up a good deal even before our game) and nothing against HC, much love for them too- but they have had their share of big games the last few years. For The Pards this is the biggest game in a long time with serious meaning and I am happy and excited for you. Enjoy the day, stay safe.

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 08:14 AM
It's hard not to like you Hawks. Appreciate the well wishes. It's nice to be in this position again as a fan, that's for sure. Go Pards!

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 08:15 AM
We have a little Patriot knot here on my street on Long Beach Island. Part timer across street played with Troxell but isnt Patriot grad (he still counts though), and a great guy on the bay side on my street is Cross with two surfer sons. If they are down this week I will invite him to the Patriot Party my neighbor found out he was hosting last night when he was walking to Terrace Tavern and I asked him if he had ESPN+...I'm just picturing you walking around the island asking strangers if they have ESPN+. You are a super fan for sure.

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 08:31 AM
Just wanted to wish The Lafayette fans a good day. No real skin in the game (although I talked ya'll up a good deal even before our game) and nothing against HC, much love for them too- but they have had their share of big games the last few years. For The Pards this is the biggest game in a long time with serious meaning and I am happy and excited for you. Enjoy the day, stay safe.

Thx Hawks - much appreciated sir! I was at the first game at renovated Keeler. Still have a couple of the free tshirts they gave out

crusader11
October 21st, 2023, 08:56 AM
Holy Cross -14.5 / 53.5

Bucknell -3.5 / 47.5

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 09:05 AM
Thx Hawks - much appreciated sir! I was at the first game at renovated Keeler. Still have a couple of the free tshirts they gave out

Lol! Just about! Called places to ask if they had it even Calloways in Eagleswood Twp and YEP even posted the query on the FB page Long Beach Ilsand Recommendations and Questions...I have to have most mileage among alums going to Pard games, including at Fargo, Air Force, UNH, Colgate, and Duke!

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 09:08 AM
I'm just picturing you walking around the island asking strangers if they have ESPN+. You are a super fan for sure.

See my post Grav...accidentally attached it to another

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 09:11 AM
Holy Cross -14.5 / 53.5

Bucknell -3.5 / 47.5

Wow - who is quoting?! Damn! DAMN!!!!

MUHAWKS
October 21st, 2023, 10:04 AM
Wow - who is quoting?! Damn! DAMN!!!!

not quoting those are real- Fan duel for sure-- if you fcs lines moving a good deal, it may be me!

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2023, 10:15 AM

Warning for the Pards

One of these days this Sluka is gonna walk all over you

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 10:25 AM
Warning for the Pards

Comprehend...hasnt he already done that? Anyways hoping this will be a dogfight...

MUHAWKS
October 21st, 2023, 10:56 AM
Comprehend...hasnt he already done that? Anyways hoping this will be a dogfight...

Lafayette is like the markets- Nobody believes it can keep going higher so it "climbs a wall of worry" OR like the current situation everyone wants to buy every dip and every support because "the market cant go down THAT much" and then they are the bag holders- (which will happen and is happening now)- Nobody wants to believe Lafayette's defense is for real. Nobody wants to believe Lafayette's offense is just good enough to compliment that defense and play in close games against good teams. Can Holy Cross win by 21+? Sure can, and The Pards cannot, that we know- that is def advantage Cross as if they are just "on" today and Chesney out guns Trox and has the right stuff in it could just get away from The Pards whereas Lafayette would have to win a close, sort of ugly game. However, if that does not indeed happen, dogfight it is and HC will find out that The Pards D is actually better than the Harvard D (Harvard offense is a different story)... Gun to head you have to take HC to win, but 15.5 pts and + 550 money line is a good risk/reward bet.

IslandPard
October 21st, 2023, 11:29 AM
Lafayette is like the markets- Nobody believes it can keep going higher so it "climbs a wall of worry" OR like the current situation everyone wants to buy every dip and every support because "the market cant go down THAT much" and then they are the bag holders- (which will happen and is happening now)- Nobody wants to believe Lafayette's defense is for real. Nobody wants to believe Lafayette's offense is just good enough to compliment that defense and play in close games against good teams. Can Holy Cross win by 21+? Sure can, and The Pards cannot, that we know- that is def advantage Cross as if they are just "on" today and Chesney out guns Trox and has the right stuff in it could just get away from The Pards whereas Lafayette would have to win a close, sort of ugly game. However, if that does not indeed happen, dogfight it is and HC will find out that The Pards D is actually better than the Harvard D (Harvard offense is a different story)... Gun to head you have to take HC to win, but 15.5 pts and + 550 money line is a good risk/reward bet.

Ha! This is great!

Speaking of the Harvard 'O', their OC is Lafayette's former OC under Garrett. At that time it was rumored Garrett controlled the offense a little too much so it's good to see Mickey succeed. I watched the HC/Harvard game and their O is very very good.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2023, 11:55 AM
No way this is a 14.5 spread... we outgained HC 3-1 last year and lost by three, AND we are much improved this year. Hope the game lives up to the two-week hype and a Pards W!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:11 PM
Pards looking good to start! Defense stepped up, now the offense has it first and goal...

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 12:16 PM
Meanwhile LU porous pass defense lives on at Bucknell…….

crusader11
October 21st, 2023, 12:16 PM
Lafayette is tough up front on both offense and defense. Bullied HC on those first two drives.

If the first eight minutes are any indication, HC has its hands full today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:26 PM
Holy Cross's offense is pretty much let Sluka run around with the ball. It's working so far!

7-7

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 12:28 PM
LU 7-0 late 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:34 PM
Really impressed with Lafayette's offense! Great balance, taking some shots, not at all affected by the weather/moment....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:36 PM
LU 7-0 late 1st

Bucknell looks awful. How in the world do they have twice as many wins as Lehigh? xsmiley_wix

- - - Updated - - -

TD 'Pards!

Laffy 14-7

pardfan
October 21st, 2023, 12:38 PM
LC qb (I thought I heard) has freshman eligibility.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 12:42 PM
Bucknell looks awful. How in the world do they have twice as many wins as Lehigh? xsmiley_wix

- - - Updated - - -

TD 'Pards!

Laffy 14-7

Hey, I’ll take a win against anybody at this point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:47 PM
Holy Cross isn't winning with this offense. I respect Chesney but Sluka isn't Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. Others have to get involved....

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 12:49 PM
10-0 LU

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:49 PM
Lehigh FG

Hawks 10-0 10:19 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 12:53 PM
TD Lafayette on a bomb!! What an impressive first half! Out playing, out coaching, out executing! They look very good!

Lafayette 21-7 10:22 2Q

crusader11
October 21st, 2023, 12:54 PM
Lot of game left, but Lafayette looks much tougher and more prepared for this game today. Wow.

pardfan
October 21st, 2023, 12:59 PM
Punting has been an extreme LC weakness for at least two years. Hope that doesn't become a factor today.

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 01:00 PM
Lafayette fans,

LC qb (I thought I heard) has freshman eligibility.

He does, assume he was injured given PL redshirt rules.

Pards playing great, but Cross will adjust and this is going to be a dogfight. But if we keep passing like this, Curtis will get more running room.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 01:02 PM
Lehigh has two drives get backed up by penalties. Still way too many self-inflicted wounds keeping this game close.

13-0 5:48 2Q

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 01:03 PM
LU now up 13-0. Botched a 1st and goal from 2!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 01:12 PM
Lehigh with a punt return TD!

Hawks 20-0 4:03 2Q

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 01:13 PM
Peltekian TD on punt return! 20-0 Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 01:15 PM
Peltekian TD on punt return! 20-0 Lehigh

The "Lehigh doesn't have talent" narrative has to end! There is plenty great kids on this roster to build from. They are completely dominating a terrible Bucknell team. As Lehigh should!

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 01:24 PM
LU sputtered on a great opportunity. Missed a 40 +yarder

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 01:28 PM
Lafayette 21 Holy Cross 7 Half

Excellent first half by the Pards. HC is leaning on Sluka to win this himself it appears....

IslandPard
October 21st, 2023, 01:29 PM
21-7 LC at the half.

I feel like we needed to score on that last drive though. The D started looking a little clueless those last 2 drives.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 01:29 PM
Crazy finish to half. LU fumbles punt return with 4 tics. Bucky gets 3! LU 20-3 at half

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 01:30 PM
Crazy finish to half. LU fumbles punt return with 4 tics. Bucky gets 3! LU 20-3 at half

Lehigh continues to make way too many unforced errors! It's why they're 1-6....

crusader11
October 21st, 2023, 01:41 PM
Playing backyard football with Sluka doesn’t work against a good defense with a plan.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 01:57 PM
Boy, Silbor has no touch at all. Short hops, overthrows, off target throws. Eighth game in and really no improvement. Gotta try someone else!

IslandPard
October 21st, 2023, 02:16 PM
Sluka rips off a long run on LC. LC responds with another bomb for a TD. 31-14

We're scoring too fast, if there's such a thing. Our D is looks exhausted.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 02:17 PM
LU play calling is very questionable.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 02:19 PM
Keep it up Pard’s!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 02:24 PM
Sluka with a short TD...needed to convert a 4th and 6 to keep the drive going...

31-21 1:01 3Q

IslandPard
October 21st, 2023, 02:24 PM
Sluka with another TD.:(xbowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 02:28 PM
LU play calling is very questionable.

Offense has regressed as the game has gone on. That was terrible series with Silbor just chucking the ball downfield, the second ends in an INT...

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 02:32 PM
LU receivers do not run crisp routes. Very lazy. This needs to be addressed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 02:32 PM
Pard RB rips off a huge run! Showed great speed and some nice moves in the open field...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 02:44 PM
TD HC! Here we go! They converted their 4th down, Lafayette did not....

31-28 7:58 4Q

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2023, 02:45 PM
Hate to say it - though the Pards are up by 3 with 7 to play and the ball, if we do not score on this drive, we are going to lose the game.

IslandPard
October 21st, 2023, 02:48 PM
Hate to say it - though the Pards are up by 3 with 7 to play and the ball, if we do not score on this drive, we are going to lose the game.

The D just looks bad today. Sluka is good but not THAT good.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 02:48 PM

Hang in there P4L.

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 02:49 PM

Ya, our D is kinda gassed. We really needed points on that last possession! This is too close for comfort.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 02:50 PM
Huge first down for Lafayette.....

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 02:50 PM
Silbor stinks. There is no sugar coating it! LU will likely win, but LU should have at least 35 pts!

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 02:51 PM
The D just looks bad today. Sluka is good but not THAT good.

A lot of his big runs were on scrambles rather than designed runs. But quite a few missed tackles and being out of position.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 02:56 PM
Silbor stinks. There is no sugar coating it! LU will likely win, but LU should have at least 35 pts!

Something has to give! The penalties inside the red zone are egregious too! Just wiped out a TD. This game easily could be 42-3 or worse. Lehigh just cannot figure it out....

- - - Updated - - -

First down Lafayette...HC will have to use their timeouts now...tick tick tick...

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 02:57 PM
Pards are in “Frankasaurus” mode, but with Curtis and this oline it’s been successful. Keep eating up the yards and clock!

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 02:59 PM
TD Yoder! His kid is truly a bright spot for LU. 27-3

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Lehigh...it took a while...

Lehigh 27 Bucknell 3 4:17 4Q

Southsider
Lafayette TD!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:00 PM
TD Lafayette! It kinda, sorta gives HC a chance but the odds are really stacked against them. 'Pards offense was excellent! Players and coaches alike!

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 03:01 PM
TD Curtis!

He had every yard on that drive and is at about 240 for the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:03 PM
Wow, HC WR was wide open and behind the defense!

pardfan
October 21st, 2023, 03:04 PM
9 straight runs by MR.C

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:05 PM
That was a clean hit! He actually took a bit of mercy on the WR which allowed him to jump right back up!

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 03:05 PM
That was not targeting on Lafayette defender….

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 03:06 PM
That was a clean hit! He actually took a bit of mercy on the WR which allowed him to jump right back up!

Yup, he basically just held his ground and the receiver jumped into him. If you can’t do that, I don’t know how DB’s are supposed to defend.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:12 PM
Literally all you have to do is stop Sluka running! He can't pass a lick! Wow!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:13 PM
Sluka has 338 yards rushing!

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2023, 03:14 PM
Literally all you have to do is stop Sluka running! He can't pass a lick! Wow!

Nope, and most of it has been scrambled. I don’t know why we’re not just rushing 3 and just keeping him in the pocket.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:15 PM
TD HC! This will come down to an onside kick! Laffy scoring was the only chance HC had....

IslandPard
October 21st, 2023, 03:16 PM
Nope, and most of it has been scrambled. I don’t know why we’re not just rushing 3 and just keeping him in the pocket.

+10,000!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:18 PM
Pards recover the onside kick! Troxell i'm assuming will take a knee...lol.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:19 PM
Lehigh 27 Bucknell 18 Final

It's nice to win but the execution and effort are simply not consistent. That could have been a 4 TD win easily!

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 03:21 PM
Congrats Pard’s!! You earned it!

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2023, 03:23 PM
Well, that has helpful. xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2023, 03:27 PM
Great job 'Pards! Year two of the Troxell Era! Cahill and Company time to rise up too!

RichH2
October 21st, 2023, 03:27 PM
A W for Lehigh. flashes of excellent plays on O. Wildly inconsistent. Left lots of points on the field.

Southsider
October 21st, 2023, 03:31 PM
A W for Lehigh. flashes of excellent plays on O. Wildly inconsistent. Left lots of points on the field.

Going nowhere with Silbor. Need to find a gem. Soon!

fillfittonfield
October 21st, 2023, 03:31 PM
Congrats to the Pards.

Great coaching. Nice execution. Harris is a smart, patient runner.

As an HC fan, I’m frustrated and disappointed. We have a lot of work to do on defense.

I don’t see Lafayette losing again this season but you never know. This has been a different season than usual for the PL. Might still see a couple of more upsets this season. I don’t know.

Congrats again to Lafayette.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2023, 03:34 PM
WOW! First winning season since 2009!! The ghosts of Fitton are no more! Team showed some real championship pedigree on our final drive: just plowing through and flawless execution by OL and Curtis. Defense will need to dissected to figure out what went wrong but we will not see another player like Sluka all year. Play calling sequence where we netted zero points in the 4th Q was the only major Troxell miscue I can recall of the season, but hey when Garrett was doing one per quarter, I'll take it.

Remise
October 21st, 2023, 03:41 PM
In other news, after Colgate starter Zach Osborne was injured (no details so far), third-string freshman Jake Stearns stepped in and led the Raiders to a fourth touchdown. At the half, the score is Colgate 28, Georgetown 12. A bit of a surprise. I think.

pardfan
October 21st, 2023, 03:41 PM
Georgetown, Colgate, Fordham, Lehigh remaining for LC. Not one of those games will be easy. Big Game lived up to its billing. Fun

kdinva
October 21st, 2023, 03:42 PM
Congrats to Lafayette, gutsy road win, turns the patriot upside down

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2023, 03:43 PM
Georgetown, Colgate, Fordham, Lehigh remaining for LC. Not one of those games will be easy. Big Game lived up to its billing. Fun

No - not at all. There are no Ws locked in with these teams. Hoyas have given us fits for years and they are good this year. Colgate is getting hot after a very tough opening schedule, Fordham is 5-2 with a championship pedigree. And Lehigh... is Lehigh.

Bring on the DC FIOS Bowl!

crusader11
October 21st, 2023, 03:48 PM
Lafayette’s coaches absolutely dominated Holy Cross’ today. And the HC defense had no answer for Curtis on the ground or DeNobile through the air.

They were the better team and I don’t think it’s a case or fair to say “If HC played Lafayette ten times they’d win nine. Today was just that game.”

Nope, the Holy Cross defense just isn’t there. Both young and inexperienced in key positions, but also just not very good. Getting behind early was the difference as the defense couldn’t make a stop when it was needed.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2023, 03:54 PM
Bring on the DC FIOS Bowl!

I'm fearing the FiOS game, even after today's victory. Wondering what the injury situation will be this week.

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 04:42 PM
No way this is a 14.5 spread... we outgained HC 3-1 last year and lost by three, AND we are much improved this year. Hope the game lives up to the two-week hype and a Pards W!

I put my money at my fingertips...keyboard and fanduel first bet ever. Dropped 500 on Pards!!

- - - Updated - - -

I put my money at my fingertips...keyboard and fanduel first bet ever. Dropped 500 on Pards!!

- - - Updated - - -

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 04:52 PM
WOW! First winning season since 2009!! The ghosts of Fitton are no more! Team showed some real championship pedigree on our final drive: just plowing through and flawless execution by OL and Curtis. Defense will need to dissected to figure out what went wrong but we will not see another player like Sluka all year. Play calling sequence where we netted zero points in the 4th Q was the only major Troxell miscue I can recall of the season, but hey when Garrett was doing one per quarter, I'll take it.

Agreed he should ahve taken 3 on that 4th and 7

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 04:57 PM
Congrats to the Pards.

Great coaching. Nice execution. Harris is a smart, patient runner.

As an HC fan, I’m frustrated and disappointed. We have a lot of work to do on defense.

I don’t see Lafayette losing again this season but you never know. This has been a different season than usual for the PL. Might still see a couple of more upsets this season. I don’t know.

Congrats again to Lafayette. Thx Fitton. Damn I watched game at neighbors home who had ESPN+. VERY early on I said to him we have to key on Sluka, hes running like a ..um Cosell (for those that recall that infamous Monday Night Football Cosell statement and I used Cosell as a euphemism). If before I placed that Fanduel bet for $500 on Pards, ECHO would have piped up and said Sluka would run for 330 I wouldnt have done so. Cross is a beast of an opponent! I woiuld have gone but the long drive and the weather. I got drenched at Duke game after a 9 hour drive. Last time I was at Fitton Nov 1991 and a Cross mauling 48-14. I did want to see a W ther!

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 05:00 PM
I'm fearing the FiOS game, even after today's victory. Wondering what the injury situation will be this week.
Bogus give me the background on the FIOS refernce...I do recall it but damn was that 2010?

CHIP72
October 21st, 2023, 05:00 PM
I didn't see it, but great win for Lafayette today, even if Holy Cross made things interesting late.

You have to think the Leopards have a good shot at winning the Patriot League title and making the playoffs, possibly even hosting a home game in the 1st round (in a year when I'll likely NOT be in the Lehigh Valley for Thanksgiving and the weekend immediately thereafter of course :(; increasingly good chance I'll be at L-L 159 though, possibly barring East Stroudsburg making the D2 playoffs and hosting a 1st round home game the same day).

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 05:02 PM
I didn't see it, but great win for Lafayette today, even if Holy Cross made things interesting late.

You have to think the Leopards have a good shot at winning the Patriot League title and making the playoffs, possibly even hosting a home game in the 1st round (in a year when I'll likely NOT be in the Lehigh Valley for Thanksgiving and the weekend immediately thereafter of course :().

Chip, change plans NOW!!! Will be great to see you again

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 05:08 PM
So that was fun! The frigging weather could not have been worse but made much less so by the outcome. Talked to Trox before the game. He was standing outside the locker room by himself. Almost walked right passed him when he slapped me on the shoulder. I asked him if he was ready. He replied, "I don't know. I have no idea how this weather is going to effect us". He went on to say the game plan was finalized on Wednesday and he was confident about it and there was nothing he could do about it now. He admitted he was nervous. I asked if he always stood alone outside the locker room before the team comes out. He said, "yeah I just get too pumped up in there". He said whatever happens he knows this team is going to fight. He said they always fight. He also said he never expected to be where they are this year. He said he was hoping they'd be challenging for championships starting next year. Very interesting insights. I told him we were all so proud of him and the team. He was very appreciative.

As for the game....first thing, Saluka is a beast. As elusive a player as I have seen. Without him the game is a blow out. Jamar Curtis...also a beast. Of all the things that could happen today I did not expect our offense to carry the day. They have gotten better every single week. I've been saying they are sneaky good. I take it back. They are just good. Great to know that our offense can carry us even against stiff competition. Got a little more exciting than it needed to be but if you said we'd hang 38 on HC at Fitton in a driving rain for a win, none of us would split hairs on how close it got.

What a great win and what a great team. Got closer this out and take the trophy now. Go Pards!!!

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 05:11 PM
So that was fun! The frigging weather could not have been worse but made much less so by the outcome. Talked to Trox before the game. He was standing outside the locker room by himself. Almost walked right passed him when he slapped me on the shoulder. I asked him if he was ready. He replied, "I don't know. I have no idea how this weather is going to effect us". He went on to say the game plan was finalized on Wednesday and he was confident about it and there was nothing he could do about it now. He admitted he was nervous. I asked if he always stood alone outside the locker room before the team comes out. He said, "yeah I just get too pumped up in there". He said whatever happens he knows this team is going to fight. He said they always fight. He also said he never expected to be where they are this year. He said he was hoping they'd be challenging for championships starting next year. Very interesting insights. I told him we were all so proud of him and the team. He was very appreciative.

As for the game....first thing, Saluka is a beast. As elusive a player as I have seen. Without him the game is a blow out. Jamar Curtis...also a beast. Of all the things that could happen today I did not expect our offense to carry the day. They have gotten better every single week. I've been saying they are sneaky good. I take it back. They are just good. Great to know that our offense can carry us even against stiff competition. Got a little more exciting than it needed to be but if you said we'd hang 38 on HC at Fitton in a driving rain for a win, none of us would split hairs on how close it got.

What a great win and what a great team. Got closer this out and take the trophy now. Go Pards!!!

Grav I believe he called 86 Zoom. It only netted 2 yards BUT Dean rightfully shied away from block on it. Keep it in your pocket John

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 05:13 PM

Some of Deans throws were pro throws!

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 05:14 PM
Grav I believe he called 86 Zoom. It only netted 2 yards BUT Dean rightfully shied away from block on it. Keep it in your pocket JohnHa! I remember that play. I was wondering who the leopard was who didn't throw the easy block. Changed my tune when I saw it was Dean.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2023, 05:24 PM
Bogus give me the background on the FIOS refernce...I do recall it but damn was that 2010?

I think it is 2011, when Verizon blocked LSN's broadcast of the Lafayette-Georgetown came due to some exclusivity right. This was before every game was streamed online and LSN had been broadcasting every Lafayette home and road game for 10 consecutive years (NDSU broke the streak but cannot blame the crew for not going to Fargo). So, the game was blacked out for everyone who did not live in DC and subscribed to FiOS.

Pards Rule
October 21st, 2023, 05:31 PM
I think it is 2011, when Verizon blocked LSN's broadcast of the Lafayette-Georgetown came due to some exclusivity right. This was before every game was streamed online and LSN had been broadcasting every Lafayette home and road game for 10 consecutive years (NDSU broke the streak but cannot blame the crew for not going to Fargo). So, the game was blacked out for everyone who did not live in DC and subscribed to FiOS.

Thanks!

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2023, 05:39 PM

And they wouldn't let Gary Laubach in the press box. It was humiliating - for Georgetown. Lot of memes that weekend. Fun times on AGS.

EDIT: I forgot the best part. FiOS blocked the LSN broadcast due to "exclusivity," but failed the broadcast the game itself! So there was no broadcast at all!

pardfan
October 21st, 2023, 06:25 PM
Those nine straight runs by Jamar Curtis (resulting in a late touchdown) reminded me of the sort of things that Erik Marsh--THE greatest Leopard of the modern era--would do back in the mid-90's. Keep it up MR.C.

CHIP72
October 21st, 2023, 06:33 PM
Chip, change plans NOW!!! Will be great to see you again

See my edited post for an alternate possibility.

I also plan to attend the game at Georgetown next Saturday.

gravalico
October 21st, 2023, 06:33 PM
Those nine straight runs by Jamar Curtis (resulting in a late touchdown) reminded me of the sort of things that Erik Marsh--THE greatest Leopard of the modern era--would do back in the mid-90's. Keep it up MR.C.Yup I was thinking similar thoughts. I immediately felt guilty for such blasphemous thoughts. Marsh was spectacular in his flashieness and elusiveness. Saluka kind of reminded me of him too. Jamar doesn't seem as spectacular until he pops out of a nine person pile up and runs for an extra 30 yards. I will take that every time, thank you!

Go...gate
October 21st, 2023, 06:56 PM
Tremendous win by Lafayette! Congratulations to the Leopards.

The League is theirs to win. They control their own destiny.

Meanwhile, Colgate 28, Georgetown 18.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2023, 06:59 PM
Thanks!

How much did you win? Some of these Patriot League betting lines practically scream arbitrage.

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2023, 05:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

1st off, congrats on the win on the field and at the betting booth. But wait Fanduel allows betting on FCS lines now? Last year, I looked to opening accounts at all the major online sports betting services (Fan Duel, DraftKings, Barstool, Caesar's) and none of them posted lines on FCS v. FCS games. The only one I could find was BetUS. I bet a handful of FCS football games last year and a couple A-10 hoops games later in the year, and then went dormant. When I checked at the beginning of this season, BetUS apparently pulled FCS football as one of its offerings. So I'm effectively done with my sports betting career, which is probably a good thing. Never met anyone who got rich by pumping sports.

Two lines yesterday that were ridiculous:

HC - 14.5 v. Lafayette
LIU -2.5 v. Merrimack

Would've cashed out easy on both of these.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 05:51 AM
Congrats to Lafayette, gutsy road win, turns the patriot upside down

Thank you my friend. I dont think we ever played VMI? I know Bucknell has. Would be nice to travel down to VA

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 05:54 AM
See my edited post for an alternate possibility.

I also plan to attend the game at Georgetown next Saturday.

Damn Im calling plays and changing folks Tgiving plans

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 05:57 AM
How much did you win? Some of these Patriot League betting lines practically scream arbitrage.

Bet 500 and won $450

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2023, 06:00 AM
Tremendous win by Lafayette! Congratulations to the Leopards.

The League is theirs to win. They control their own destiny.

Meanwhile, Colgate 28, Georgetown 18.

There are two teams that currently control their own destiny: Lafayette and **drumroll** Georgetown.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 06:03 AM
1st off, congrats on the win on the field and at the betting booth. But wait Fanduel allows betting on FCS lines now? Last year, I looked to opening accounts at all the major online sports betting services (Fan Duel, DraftKings, Barstool, Caesar's) and none of them posted lines on FCS v. FCS games. The only one I could find was BetUS. I bet a handful of FCS football games last year and a couple A-10 hoops games later in the year, and then went dormant. When I checked at the beginning of this season, BetUS apparently pulled FCS football as one of its offerings. So I'm effectively done with my sports betting career, which is probably a good thing. Never met anyone who got rich by pumping sports.

Two lines yesterday that were ridiculous:

HC - 14.5 v. Lafayette
LIU -2.5 v. Merrimack

Would've cashed out easy on both of these.

Apparently. My nephew sent me link after I called him when I saw the spread. I knew he has it cause we both with him as middleman bet $30 on O/U on NDSU championship game 2022. Get this as Im old age fiddling around with my android phone trying to figure out "precise location" and by the time I got it set, I gained a point - 15.5. 2010, I swear I was 50/50 on dropping $1000. The lines weirdly dont come out until morning of the game but my DC Pard friend who Im going to Georgetown with called me Friday night and get this found a Vegas line - he couldnt remember what with Pards favored by 2.5. I wouldnt touch that! Anyways in NJ you cannot bet on NJ teams! True! State law. I would have prob dropped $100 on the Duke game - 42 points. Im sure you would have taken Pards with 14.5 or 15.5

gravalico
October 22nd, 2023, 06:09 AM
Thank you my friend. I dont think we ever played VMI? I know Bucknell has. Would be nice to travel down to VAWe played them. I think it was 91. Longest God forsaken bus ride ever. It was awful. We lost too.

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2023, 06:43 AM
Apparently. My nephew sent me link after I called him when I saw the spread. I knew he has it cause we both with him as middleman bet $30 on O/U on NDSU championship game 2022. Get this as Im old age fiddling around with my android phone trying to figure out "precise location" and by the time I got it set, I gained a point - 15.5. 2010, I swear I was 50/50 on dropping $1000. The lines weirdly dont come out until morning of the game but my DC Pard friend who Im going to Georgetown with called me Friday night and get this found a Vegas line - he couldnt remember what with Pards favored by 2.5. I wouldnt touch that! Anyways in NJ you cannot bet on NJ teams! True! State law. I would have prob dropped $100 on the Duke game - 42 points. Im sure you would have taken Pards with 14.5 or 15.5

I likely would've dropped a good chunk of change on Lafayette ATS with a small side bet on them to also win the game (moneyline).

TribeNomad1
October 22nd, 2023, 07:18 AM
Nice job Lafayette, great to see you guys back on the winning side.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 07:49 AM
Nice job Lafayette, great to see you guys back on the winning side.

Thx Tribe Nomad. I have neever been in person to W & M but want to go!! Never been to Williamsburg. Aye I did a biz trip to Norfolk tho early Jan 2007. Stupid me I should have dropped a personal couplke days onto it to do that.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 07:59 AM
We played them. I think it was 91. Longest God forsaken bus ride ever. It was awful. We lost too.

You know I posted that and then went on errand in car. In car Im thinking I think we played them in early to mid 90s, actually. Anyways wow what a bus ride. Lexington VA midway between Staunton & Roanoke, VA. Trivia: what is Staunton's interesting connection to NJ?

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2023, 11:38 AM
Warning for the Pards

Well I had Lafayette ranked last week

Great win Pards

kdinva
October 22nd, 2023, 11:57 AM
Thank you my friend. I don't think we ever played VMI?

VMI played Lafayette, in Lex, in 1991, VMI won, don't know why no game at your place....

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2023, 12:07 PM
Thx Tribe Nomad. I have neever been in person to W & M but want to go!! Never been to Williamsburg. Aye I did a biz trip to Norfolk tho early Jan 2007. Stupid me I should have dropped a personal couplke days onto it to do that.

Williamsburg is a nice visit. The area is what I think of when I think, "Virginia." Colonial Williamsburg tourist area is very well presented, with live actors and such. I can envision a near future in which all things colonial-adjacent become a social taboo, so it might be worth a trip sooner rather than later.

W&M campus is formal and gracious, with somewhat homogeneous federal-style architecture. Think red brick and dormers abounding. It's often said that people get hooked once they visit Lafayette's campus. I think the same could be said for W&M.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2023, 12:13 PM
VMI played Lafayette, in Lex, in 1991, VMI won, don't know why no game at your place....

Seriously. The Keydets should plan a visit. It makes too much sense not to schedule another game.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2023, 05:59 PM
Seriously. The Keydets should plan a visit. It makes too much sense not to schedule another game.

Agreed!

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2023, 06:20 PM
There are two teams that currently control their own destiny: Lafayette and **drumroll** Georgetown.

Yes, indeed!

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2023, 07:14 PM
Williamsburg is a nice visit. The area is what I think of when I think, "Virginia." Colonial Williamsburg tourist area is very well presented, with live actors and such. I can envision a near future in which all things colonial-adjacent become a social taboo, so it might be worth a trip sooner rather than later.

W&M campus is formal and gracious, with somewhat homogeneous federal-style architecture. Think red brick and dormers abounding. It's often said that people get hooked once they visit Lafayette's campus. I think the same could be said for W&M.

When I hear "Virginia," I think HOV Lane.

caribbeanhen
October 23rd, 2023, 09:17 AM

Just don’t be hungry late in the Burg …. WaWa or nothing

ngineer
October 23rd, 2023, 09:20 PM
Going nowhere with Silbor. Need to find a gem. Soon!

He's in his first year starting and I will agree he seems to have regressed a bit (though the conditions were certainly difficult for any passing game). He has a very good arm, but needs to be become more mechanically consistent, as well as check his secondary receivers. Some of the effect could be from being under a lot of pressure and getting rid of the ball. Some kids take a bit longer in making the transition to college, and at this stage, I would expect Cahill to stay with Silbor give him the chance to improve. Perri is much more experienced, but was making the same mistakes last two years, and doesn't have the arm. Shapiro and Rauscher have never shown enough to be in a starter's position (they are senior and junior), and Henrich is a frosh with less skills. Hence, the reason I understand that Lehigh has already gotten commitments from two QB's who have had excellent HS reviews, one being a tremendous, LOCAL, two-way player. So I suspect there will be a lot of auditions occurring next year, and good competition is what is needed for improvement to occur. I don't see Silbor having any competition at present. We have some excellent receivers (some who are freshmen), and the OL needs shoring up with more "players". There are a bunch of frosh getting baptized this year and we're seeing the upshot by the number of mistakes (penalties) occurring. But, I am encouraged by seeing the tenacity they have shown in a difficult circumstance. We had three frosh in the secondary at one point on Saturday due to injuries. Patience.

ngineer
October 23rd, 2023, 09:25 PM
The most wide open PL race since...??? ever?..I guess a few years ago there was discussion about the possibility of three way ties for first place, but as of now, I don't think I'd be shocked by any football score. Surprised? Certainly, but not shocked as a turnover or two can be the only difference many times.

NY Crusader 2010
October 24th, 2023, 06:04 AM
The most wide open PL race since...??? ever?..I guess a few years ago there was discussion about the possibility of three way ties for first place, but as of now, I don't think I'd be shocked by any football score. Surprised? Certainly, but not shocked as a turnover or two can be the only difference many times.

This is where we're at right now:

Lafayette - controls their own destiny. I expect them to win out BUT they still have to get by Georgetown, Fordham and Lehigh. None of these games will be easy. Georgetown beat Lafayette last year and we all know they're much improved. If Fordham and Lafayette win this Saturday, the Lafayette-Fordham game becomes a de facto title game. And anything can happen in the Lehigh game. The last time Lafayette had a team anywhere near this good, they lost to the 3-7 Mountain Hawks in 2009 and lost a likely at-large playoff berth as a result.

Georgetown - If it's as simple as just winning games each week, the Hoyas have a better shot at the title than Holy Cross. As of now, they control their own destiny. Of course, Lafayette and Holy Cross lay in wait with an "easy" game against Bucknell in between.

Fordham - big rivalry game against Holy Cross on Saturday. A little less juice behind this matchup than many would have thought a few weeks back. A game we thought would be title game 2.0 is now a postseason elimination game either way. Fordham loses and any hope at the AQ is gone. Holy Cross loses, and any hope of the AQ or an at-large berth are gone. While Fordham technically doesn't control their own destiny (they need Georgetown to lose 1 more game, and win out), IMO they effectively do when you really look at the odds that the Hoyas beat both Lafayette AND Holy Cross. And I'll say this -- Holy Cross last game this season is at home against Georgetown and I'll say it now -- there's ZERO chance we're losing to Georgetown. The reason is that the game will either be a) a must-win game to clinch the conference or make the playoffs or b) Matt Sluka's final home game at Fitton Field. So, kind of, in a way, you could argue that Fordham sort of controls their own destiny. If you're a Ram, you have to be pretty confident that if you take care of business and win out, you'll be playing a game Thanksgiving Weekend.

Holy Cross - Pretty simple prognosis for us. We either have to win out, including a win over Army, OR hope Lafayette finds a way to lose twice. IMO, it's pretty clear cut. I actually think Holy Cross would be comfortably in the playoffs if we finish 8-3 with an FBS win and razor thin P5 loss (BC). Some have opined that we'd even have a chance at 7-4 (7-2 FCS) with a close loss to Army. I disagree. At a certain point, you are what your record says you are. Plenty of mediocre FCS teams have had close FBS losses, so IMO a one-score loss to a not-so-great Army team doesn't move the needle if I'm on the committee with the best quality wins being Fordham, Yale and Georgetown. But, all that could be moot in 4 days if we lose what I'm now thinking is more of a 50/50 game against Fordham.

NY Crusader 2010
October 24th, 2023, 06:16 AM

A couple good ones in not-too-distant times:

2006 - Lafayette, Lehigh and Holy Cross went into the final week with a chance. Holy Cross had to beat a mediocre Colgate team and get help from Lafayette (which we got). But we lost to Colgate by a point. Missed a late FG that bounced off the helmet of one of our O-lineman. Lafayette won the league at 6-5

2008 - Holy Cross and Lafayette met in a de-facto semifinal game the 2nd to last week of the season, which we won on a Hail Mary pass from Dom Randolph to QB-turned-WR Rob Koster. The next week, a championship showdown lived up to it's billing in Hamilton with Colgate coming back for a 28-27 win in the snow.

2009 - Holy Cross, Lafayette and Colgate were all ranked into late October. Crusaders walloped the Red Raiders in a monsoon in Worcester around this time of the year and beat Lafayette 28-26 in another Worcester monsoon the 2nd to last week of the season, the difference being two missed PATs on Lafayette's two early touchdowns that had put them ahead 12-0. HC claimed the trophy that day, which was our first since 1991. Bizarrely, we lost to 6th place Bucknell the following week in Lewisburg and Lafayette lost to a Lehigh team that was on the rise in "The Game", which torpedoed their chance for a split title and potential at-large playoff berth.

2013 - I wouldn't call it a "wide-open" race by any means but this was the year that Lafayette managed to beat Fordham the week that QB Michael Niebrich was hurt, and won the AQ with a 5-6 (5-1) overall record. Fordham got an at-large berth with a 10-1 record (5-1 PL).

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2023, 07:12 AM
A couple good ones in not-too-distant times:

2006 - Lafayette, Lehigh and Holy Cross went into the final week with a chance. Holy Cross had to beat a mediocre Colgate team and get help from Lafayette (which we got). But we lost to Colgate by a point. Missed a late FG that bounced off the helmet of one of our O-lineman. Lafayette won the league at 6-5

2008 - Holy Cross and Lafayette met in a de-facto semifinal game the 2nd to last week of the season, which we won on a Hail Mary pass from Dom Randolph to QB-turned-WR Rob Koster. The next week, a championship showdown lived up to it's billing in Hamilton with Colgate coming back for a 28-27 win in the snow.

2009 - Holy Cross, Lafayette and Colgate were all ranked into late October. Crusaders walloped the Red Raiders in a monsoon in Worcester around this time of the year and beat Lafayette 28-26 in another Worcester monsoon the 2nd to last week of the season, the difference being two missed PATs on Lafayette's two early touchdowns that had put them ahead 12-0. HC claimed the trophy that day, which was our first since 1991. Bizarrely, we lost to 6th place Bucknell the following week in Lewisburg and Lafayette lost to a Lehigh team that was on the rise in "The Game", which torpedoed their chance for a split title and potential at-large playoff berth.

2013 - I wouldn't call it a "wide-open" race by any means but this was the year that Lafayette managed to beat Fordham the week that QB Michael Niebrich was hurt, and won the AQ with a 5-6 (5-1) overall record. Fordham got an at-large berth with a 10-1 record (5-1 PL).

Yes. That 2013 second to last game we beat #5 Fordham and the next week upset #15 Lehigh, going away

gravalico
October 24th, 2023, 07:20 AM
This is where we're at right now:

Lafayette - controls their own destiny. I expect them to win out BUT they still have to get by Georgetown, Fordham and Lehigh. None of these games will be easy. Georgetown beat Lafayette last year and we all know they're much improved. If Fordham and Lafayette win this Saturday, the Lafayette-Fordham game becomes a de facto title game. And anything can happen in the Lehigh game. The last time Lafayette had a team anywhere near this good, they lost to the 3-7 Mountain Hawks in 2009 and lost a likely at-large playoff berth as a result.

Georgetown - If it's as simple as just winning games each week, the Hoyas have a better shot at the title than Holy Cross. As of now, they control their own destiny. Of course, Lafayette and Holy Cross lay in wait with an "easy" game against Bucknell in between.

Fordham - big rivalry game against Holy Cross on Saturday. A little less juice behind this matchup than many would have thought a few weeks back. A game we thought would be title game 2.0 is now a postseason elimination game either way. Fordham loses and any hope at the AQ is gone. Holy Cross loses, and any hope of the AQ or an at-large berth are gone. While Fordham technically doesn't control their own destiny (they need Georgetown to lose 1 more game, and win out), IMO they effectively do when you really look at the odds that the Hoyas beat both Lafayette AND Holy Cross. And I'll say this -- Holy Cross last game this season is at home against Georgetown and I'll say it now -- there's ZERO chance we're losing to Georgetown. The reason is that the game will either be a) a must-win game to clinch the conference or make the playoffs or b) Matt Sluka's final home game at Fitton Field. So, kind of, in a way, you could argue that Fordham sort of controls their own destiny. If you're a Ram, you have to be pretty confident that if you take care of business and win out, you'll be playing a game Thanksgiving Weekend.

Holy Cross - Pretty simple prognosis for us. We either have to win out, including a win over Army, OR hope Lafayette finds a way to lose twice. IMO, it's pretty clear cut. I actually think Holy Cross would be comfortably in the playoffs if we finish 8-3 with an FBS win and razor thin P5 loss (BC). Some have opined that we'd even have a chance at 7-4 (7-2 FCS) with a close loss to Army. I disagree. At a certain point, you are what your record says you are. Plenty of mediocre FCS teams have had close FBS losses, so IMO a one-score loss to a not-so-great Army team doesn't move the needle if I'm on the committee with the best quality wins being Fordham, Yale and Georgetown. But, all that could be moot in 4 days if we lose what I'm now thinking is more of a 50/50 game against Fordham.All decent analysis. My only gripe would be your factoring in a lot of intangibles that work in favor of HC (and every other PL team for that matter) . For instance, Lafayette could easily lose to Georgetown based on the fact that Georgetown won last year and Georgetown is much improved. What occurred last year is a 4 win, injury plagued team almost beat the number 8 team in the country in HC and came out flat the following week against Georgetown. They were spent and it showed. Meanwhile, I would humbly suggest this Lafayette team has improved as much or more than any in the league (particularly on offense and special teams) including Georgetown.

Fordham could easily win because they are still a dangerous team. And Lehigh could win because it's The Rivalry and anything could happen.

Meanwhile no chance HC loses their final game because...intangible, intangible, intangible.

Look, you're not wrong in your potential outcomes. I'm merely suggesting that John Troxell himself said the thing he is most impressed about by this team...the thing that has put the Leopards ahead of the schedule he had in his head by a full year, is that this team "will always fight". No where was this more on display than this past weekend. It would have been easy to fold and pack it up as Sluka passed the 300 yard mark rushing. Instead they went punch for punch and came out on top. "Fight" is a pretty significant intangible and it is one that has been demonstrated by Lafayette more than any other team in the league this year.

This whole "the league is wide open" line of thinking, while technically true, discounts entirely what the Leopards have done this year. And it's not the same thinking HC recieved over the last four years. Quite the contrary...the championship was theirs to lose come every August when training camp started each year. The only questions were how badly will HC roll over their competition and is it time to get out of the lowly PL.

My position is the championship is squarely Lafayette's to lose. Scenarios where Georgetown, Fordham, Colgate and Lehigh beat the Leopards, while possible, are based on hopes and prayers and the old "any given Saturday" adage. An adage with which Lafayette is all too familiar. There... I've said my peace. Now watch Lafayette go out and lose to Georgetown by two scores. [emoji12] Go Pards! [emoji249][emoji458]

crusader11
October 24th, 2023, 07:42 AM
It would have been easy to fold and pack it up as Sluka passed the 300 yard mark rushing. Instead they went punch for punch and came out on top. "Fight" is a pretty significant intangible and it is one that has been demonstrated by Lafayette more than any other team in the league this year.

I'm not sure if I understand this comment. Lafayette never trailed and took a lead after their first offensive possession of the game and never looked back. Why would it have been easy to fold?

gravalico
October 24th, 2023, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure if I understand this comment. Lafayette never trailed and took a lead after their first offensive possession of the game and never looked back. Why would it have been easy to fold?Compared to years passed. This team, as opposed to teams under the clown Garrett, and even last year's team that was decimated by injuries, would quit under similar circumstances.

ngineer
October 24th, 2023, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure if I understand this comment. Lafayette never trailed and took a lead after their first offensive possession of the game and never looked back. Why would it have been easy to fold?

I think the comment is geared to the way in which Holy Cross came storming back, which can cause a team that hasn't fully gotten back to "expecting to win", to gulp in the face of incoming wave. I give the 'pards credit for standing up to the Sluka-led wave and maintaining their lead. 'pard teams of the recent past, would have clutched under the onslaught.

gravalico
October 24th, 2023, 11:12 AM
I think the comment is geared to the way in which Holy Cross came storming back, which can cause a team that hasn't fully gotten back to "expecting to win", to gulp in the face of incoming wave. I give the 'pards credit for standing up to the Sluka-led wave and maintaining their lead. 'pard teams of the recent past, would have clutched under the onslaught.Yup that too. Lord knows I was on the edge of my rain-soaked bench.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2023, 08:48 PM
I think the comment is geared to the way in which Holy Cross came storming back, which can cause a team that hasn't fully gotten back to "expecting to win", to gulp in the face of incoming wave. I give the 'pards credit for standing up to the Sluka-led wave and maintaining their lead. 'pard teams of the recent past, would have clutched under the onslaught.

Right, the situation was that had the Leopards not scored on their last possession, HC was going to win the game. Lafayette then took the ball and RAN IT right at HC and got 7. Championship pedigree right there.