PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 2023 CAA Pick'em

bonarae
October 14th, 2023, 06:57 PM
Unexpected things happen in conference play...

MR. CHICKEN will update our standings in a future post on this thread.

all games Saturday, October 21
Richmond at NC A&T 1 PM
Monmouth at Elon 2 PM
Delaware at Hampton 2 PM
New Hampshire at Stony Brook 3:30 PM
Rhode Island at Albany 3:30 PM
Towson at William and Mary 3:30 PM
Maine at Campbell 4 PM

My picks:
Richmond
Monmouth
Delaware
UNH
Albany
W&M
Campbell

MUHAWKS
October 14th, 2023, 09:57 PM
Richmond at NC A&T -- def NOT Stony Brook light- or am I buying the top here?
Monmouth at Elon 2 - before the season when I thought we would be 5-1 or 4-2 coming into this game I thought THIS was THE game that we would "surprise" everyone and win b/c I assumed Elon would be like 5-2 and we would shock em ( I like setups) Now Elon is playing for their lives, so can MU end their season and keep ours going at their place? Harder to do IMO in this spot than if they were like 6-1, but if we wanna be good we gotta do it.
Delaware at Hampton - LOL X 1000!!!
New Hampshire at Stony Brook - THIS IS THE WEEK! That UNH gets back to over .500
Rhode Island at Albany - Wow, just wow! who's season will end up being on the brink and who's will catapult forward? I am gonna take Albany
Towson at William and Mary why does this feel like a trap?
Maine at Campbell - just because

centraljerseycat
October 15th, 2023, 05:56 AM
Richmond at NC A&T
Monmouth at Elon
Delaware at Hampton
New Hampshire at Stony Brook
Rhode Island at Albany
Towson at William and Mary
Maine at Campbell

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2023, 11:17 AM
RESULTS FOR WEEK #7 PICKS

caribbean hen 10
centraljerseycat 10
KPSUL 10
MR. CHICKEN 10
UNHWildcat18 10
MUHAWKS 9
bonarae 8
CenMEBlackBearFan 8
crusader11 8
Go Lehigh TU owl 8
kdinva 8
GoBlueHens83 6
NY Crusader 2010 6
The Cats 3

7 WEEK TOTALS

MR. CHICKEN 70
UNHWildcat18 70
crusader11 69
centraljerseycat 68
Go Lehigh TU owl 68
KPSUL 66
CenMEBlackBearFan 65
kdinva 65
bonarae 64
GoBlueHens83 64
caribbean hen 63
NY Crusader 2010 62
MUHAWKS 61
The Cats 53

The Cats
October 15th, 2023, 11:19 AM
winner in bold

Richmond at NC A&T 1 PM
Monmouth at Elon 2 PM
Delaware at Hampton 2 PM
Maine at Campbell 4 PM

Ivytalk
October 15th, 2023, 01:50 PM
winner in bold

Richmond at NC A&T 1 PM
Monmouth at Elon 2 PM
Delaware at Hampton 2 PM
Maine at Campbell 4 PM
I’ll go with the majority.

crusader11
October 15th, 2023, 02:02 PM
Richmond
Monmouth
Delaware
New Hampshire
Albany
William and Mary
Campbell

GoBlueHens83
October 16th, 2023, 07:11 PM
Richmond at North Carolina A&T
Monmouth at Elon
Delaware at Hampton
Rhode Island at Albany
Maine at Campbell

NY Crusader 2010
October 16th, 2023, 07:28 PM
Richmond 38 NCAT 21
Elon 27 Monmouth 21
Delaware 41 Hampton 17
UNH 42 Stony Brook 7
Albany 39 URI 38
W&M 27 Towson 13
Campbell 35 Maine 19

kdinva
October 18th, 2023, 01:19 PM
Richmond 45; NCAT 26
Elon 24; Monmouth 19
Delaware 45; Hampton 20
UNH 38; Stony Brook 12
URI 31, Albany 28
W&M 34; Towson 16
Campbell 30; Maine 17

MR. CHICKEN
October 18th, 2023, 01:52 PM
I’ll go with the majority.

....IFIN' YER PLAYIN'........AH'D BE GLAD....TA GO BACK AN' TALLY YER PICKS.......LET ME KNOW......BRAWK!

KPSUL
October 18th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Richmond at NC A&T
Monmouth at Elon
Delaware at Hampton
Rhode Island at Albany
Maine at Campbell

caribbeanhen
October 18th, 2023, 02:27 PM
Richmond

Elon

Delaware

Albany

William & Mary

Campbell

New Hampshire

Sitting Bull
October 19th, 2023, 08:48 AM
Some intriguing games ahead.

Monmouth at Elon is probably the toughest to guage. I would probably give the edge to Elon, playing at home and coming off a bad loss at Villanova. A Hawks win would be a big step imo.

The other two of interest - UD at Hampton and UR at NC A&T. Both of these newcomers appear to play above expectations.

UNHWildcat18
October 19th, 2023, 08:54 AM
Richmond
Elon
Delaware
UNH
Albany
W&M
Campbell

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2023, 10:37 AM
Some intriguing games ahead.

Monmouth at Elon is probably the toughest to guage. I would probably give the edge to Elon, playing at home and coming off a bad loss at Villanova. A Hawks win would be a big step imo.

The other two of interest - UD at Hampton and UR at NC A&T. Both of these newcomers appear to play above expectations.

The Monmouth at Elon was a tough game to pick, just closed my eyes and went with the home team even though their in a funk and Monmouth and Shirden looking good last week, I wouldn’t be surprised at all with another Monmouth win

MR. CHICKEN
October 19th, 2023, 02:47 PM
RICHMOND over N. CAROLINA A&T
MONMOUTH over ELON
DELAWARE over HAMPTON
NEW HAMPSHIRE over STONY BROOK
ALBANY over RHODE ISLAND
WM. & MARY over TOWSON
CAMPBELL over MAINE

MUHAWKS
October 19th, 2023, 04:58 PM
The Monmouth at Elon was a tough game to pick, just closed my eyes and went with the home team even though their in a funk and Monmouth and Shirden looking good last week, I wouldn’t be surprised at all with another Monmouth win

Here are my 2 cents- and yes it will be longer than most like but whatever... I know very little about Elon sans what I heard here and just seeing the results. No "eye test" yet for me really and even the film I did briefly watch I gave up as I still could not get a good feel.

MU- we are as healthy as we have been since The Towson game week 2 in which we played "ok" and battled against what I thought then was a decent team. Pulled away bigger late but game in doubt in 4th. Then the injury bug started big time against Campbell and they were high level guys- Starting 5th yr CB, starting 5th yr LT, and a kid who I think is a stud of a player in Harvard transfer LB Jake Brown. We held a decent lead and just caved. That started the downfall as next week at Lafayette on top of them, guys dropped like flies. At the lowest point against Lafayette we were down 6 starters and at least 3 key backups. Still close games. We then came back to smoke Lehigh and then last week finally got several players back against Hampton. I think as of now we only have 3 guys who see time that are iffy but all our key guys are not only back but close to 100% sans the LT.

This is a show me game for us. I am not saying Elon is comparable to Delaware or some FBS (even thought they did beat W&M) but they are fighting/playing for their lives. They lose this and their season is essentially done. They win and they actually have a decent shot to win The CAA or at least the chance to since they play UDEL. In 2019, albeit at a lower level, we thought we would be good but were a bit unsure. Took a week 1 FBS loss the barely beat Lafayette. Then an OT win against Albany followed by a good showing in a loss @ Montana. The next week we actually needed last play heroics to beat Wagner. At that point it felt like damn we got all these great players, we are 3-2 are we good or not? From the next week on we ROLLED in Big South play scoring 45+ points every week sans 1 which was 35 pts and avg margin of victory was like 28 pts. We beat Holy Cross in the playoffs and then got smoked by JMU. The comparison to that year is that people around the program knew we would have a chance to be good and think we are good. But 3-3 right now could go either way. B/c of the 2 early FCS blemishes no room for error and a very tough schedule. Anyway, we find out who we are this week and it "feels" like we are who we have been the last 2 weeks, but this is the week we find out, no excuses, no injury issues and momentum. Two teams playing for their season to continue with meaning the home team being tis homecoming. My unbiased take is Elon better have some good athletes OR be just tons better upfront. If they are ot really good upfront I think we not oly win but pull away. Our weakness is big, strong, physical O and D lines. If that is Elon's strength and it is neutralized we absolutely will win the fast/athlete battle, but I say this not really knowing what they have. I think our staff realized and changed some things (do not run shirden 30 times, use the stud from Harvard, be more balanced, throw on running downs ad some personnel and scheme changes) so far so good, but a true and real test. But we are healthy so this is us this week.

- - - Updated - - -

KPSUL
October 19th, 2023, 06:39 PM
Here are my 2 cents- and yes it will be longer than most like but whatever... I know very little about Elon sans what I heard here and just seeing the results. No "eye test" yet for me really and even the film I did briefly watch I gave up as I still could not get a good feel.

MU- we are as healthy as we have been since The Towson game week 2 in which we played "ok" and battled against what I thought then was a decent team. Pulled away bigger late but game in doubt in 4th. Then the injury bug started big time against Campbell and they were high level guys- Starting 5th yr CB, starting 5th yr LT, and a kid who I think is a stud of a player in Harvard transfer LB Jake Brown. We held a decent lead and just caved. That started the downfall as next week at Lafayette on top of them, guys dropped like flies. At the lowest point against Lafayette we were down 6 starters and at least 3 key backups. Still close games. We then came back to smoke Lehigh and then last week finally got several players back against Hampton. I think as of now we only have 3 guys who see time that are iffy but all our key guys are not only back but close to 100% sans the LT.

This is a show me game for us. I am not saying Elon is comparable to Delaware or some FBS (even thought they did beat W&M) but they are fighting/playing for their lives. They lose this and their season is essentially done. They win and they actually have a decent shot to win The CAA or at least the chance to since they play UDEL. In 2019, albeit at a lower level, we thought we would be good but were a bit unsure. Took a week 1 FBS loss the barely beat Lafayette. Then an OT win against Albany followed by a good showing in a loss @ Montana. The next week we actually needed last play heroics to beat Wagner. At that point it felt like damn we got all these great players, we are 3-2 are we good or not? From the next week on we ROLLED in Big South play scoring 45+ points every week sans 1 which was 35 pts and avg margin of victory was like 28 pts. We beat Holy Cross in the playoffs and then got smoked by JMU. The comparison to that year is that people around the program knew we would have a chance to be good and think we are good. But 3-3 right now could go either way. B/c of the 2 early FCS blemishes no room for error and a very tough schedule. Anyway, we find out who we are this week and it "feels" like we are who we have been the last 2 weeks, but this is the week we find out, no excuses, no injury issues and momentum. Two teams playing for their season to continue with meaning the home team being tis homecoming. My unbiased take is Elon better have some good athletes OR be just tons better upfront. If they are ot really good upfront I think we not oly win but pull away. Our weakness is big, strong, physical O and D lines. If that is Elon's strength and it is neutralized we absolutely will win the fast/athlete battle, but I say this not really knowing what they have. I think our staff realized and changed some things (do not run shirden 30 times, use the stud from Harvard, be more balanced, throw on running downs ad some personnel and scheme changes) so far so good, but a true and real test. But we are healthy so this is us this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Monmouth beats Elon @ Rhodes Stadium, book-it*

*credit to POD Knows

MUHAWKS
October 19th, 2023, 07:31 PM
stupid question maybe but Elo has Real Grass field-- it is supposed to rai Friday night down there (surprise , rain close to a weekend!)...From some clips of the W&M game I saw, the field did not look great. Is it a factor? Does it get crappy? It matters to me b/c I think we have more team speed. Just wondering?

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2023, 04:10 AM
stupid question maybe but Elo has Real Grass field-- it is supposed to rai Friday night down there (surprise , rain close to a weekend!)...From some clips of the W&M game I saw, the field did not look great. Is it a factor? Does it get crappy? It matters to me b/c I think we have more team speed. Just wondering?

Field was fine for W&M game. Over the years as good a natural surface as I've seen. Drains really well.

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2023, 06:36 AM

the only stupid question is the one you didn’t ask….

MUHAWKS
October 20th, 2023, 07:23 AM
Field was fine for W&M game. Over the years as good a natural surface as I've seen. Drains really well.

perfect, thanks dude. would be just like us to show up on a grass field that has rained the night before with bad cleats

- - - Updated - - -

the only stupid question is the one you didn’t ask….

"be careful what you wish for" lotta stuff on my mind!

MR. CHICKEN
October 20th, 2023, 07:35 AM

.....YUP!

....GIVE DUH.........BILL & MARE EQUIPMENT MANAGER...UH RINGY-DINGY.....FO' CORRECT CLEATS........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2023, 08:52 AM

.....YUP!

....GIVE DUH.........BILL & MARE EQUIPMENT MANAGER...UH RINGY-DINGY.....FO' CORRECT CLEATS........BRAWK!

Shazaam

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2023, 10:21 AM

.....YUP!

xbawlingx:(

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 20th, 2023, 12:06 PM
Richmond
Monmouth
Delaware
New Hampshire
Albany
William and Mary
Campbell

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2023, 09:20 PM