PDA

View Full Version : Can NDSU go winless in the Dakotas

robsnotes4u
October 14th, 2023, 03:19 PM
I can't remember that happening even in the NCC days of D2, at least from my college days starting in 83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Likely. Dakota Marker will remain in SD.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2023, 03:52 PM
UnD fans rush field after UND's first win in DI era of this long time rivalry. 49-24 F' n Hawks take down Bison.

mango433
October 14th, 2023, 04:12 PM
NDSU got handled by a team that was absolutely destroyed in Brookings. Can’t imagine it will be close.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 04:14 PM
UnD fans rush field after UND's first win in DI era of this long time rivalry. 49-24 F' n Hawks take down Bison.

Yeah that was pretty funny. This game has always meant more to UND than NDSU. I wouldn’t really call it a rival anymore but UND sure thinks so

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 04:26 PM
Yeah that was pretty funny. This game has always meant more to UND than NDSU. I wouldn’t really call it a rival anymore but UND sure thinks so
It is no longer a rivalry because NDSU is no longer competitive. 😀 Where have I heard that before

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 04:27 PM
It is no longer a rivalry because NDSU is no longer competitive. [emoji3] Where have I heard that before

I just don’t really care about UND. The game doesn’t excite me, they aren’t a storied program, they will always be little brother. They are akin to USD to me. SDSU and UNI are much bigger rivals

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 04:45 PM
I just don’t really care about UND. The game doesn’t excite me, they aren’t a storied program, they will always be little brother. They are akin to USD to me. SDSU and UNI are much bigger rivals
My point was that some minimized the “rivalry” with UND because of their programs success or lack thereof. When we lose 10 in a row to SDSU, is that gonna be a rivalry. SDSU can and should treat us with the same distain that we reserved for UND

robsnotes4u
October 14th, 2023, 05:08 PM

Might be to you, but not most of the State especially those that were in their college years of the NCC

Preferred Walk-On
October 14th, 2023, 07:41 PM
I’m more curious to see if any MVFC teams, or FCS teams for that matter, will win in the Dakotas.

F'N Hawks
October 14th, 2023, 10:00 PM
This thread. LOL

Chalupa Batman
October 14th, 2023, 10:12 PM
No the Bison will not go winless in the Dakotas,

we've already won multiple home games at the Fargodome!

penguinpower
October 14th, 2023, 10:19 PM
Based on the hate between the two teams that played tonight, I can see some unrest in Fargo.

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2023, 10:35 PM

And those three are storied programs??????

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 10:56 PM

More relevant than UND ever has been

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2023, 11:24 PM
More relevant than UND ever has been

You are wrong. period There was a time when SDSU and USD were just after thoughts. UND has never been that. You obviously dont know the history of NDSU football.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 11:27 PM
You are wrong. period There was a time when SDSU and USD were just after thoughts. UND has never been that.

They currently are and have been since moving to D1

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2023, 11:31 PM
They currently are and have been since moving to D1

You said Ever. But its obvious youre dealing from a very short sighted uninformed opinion .

Christiank22
October 15th, 2023, 12:07 AM
You said Ever. But its obvious youre dealing from a very short sighted uninformed opinion .

Lol okay buddy. You can be the one bison fan who considers UND a rival

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2023, 12:10 AM
Bison vs North Dakota State College of Science...what is the line? Does Ray Ruschel still have eligibility?

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2023, 01:50 AM
Lol okay buddy. You can be the one bison fan who considers UND a rival

Your the one who doesnt have a clue. Proven by your ignorant postings.

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2023, 02:05 AM
What are the chances Dom Izzo still has NDSU in his top 10? Top 15 is a guarantee, but I wouldn't be surprised to see higher. He had them only drop four spots to #6 after the USD game, and then he had them at #5 last week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2023, 07:46 AM
Your the one who doesnt have a clue. Proven by your ignorant postings.

Spot on with this guy. No clue is right!

xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2023, 10:18 AM

...CHEER UP BIZONSSSSSS......YOUSE...HAD TA KNOW.....DUH DAY WOOD COME........YOUSE...HAD 9-10 YEARS....TA PREPARE...........BRAWK!

Hammerhead
October 15th, 2023, 10:24 AM

In the D-I era they are.

semobison
October 15th, 2023, 11:01 AM

When little brother kicks your ass 49-24, that doesn’t excite you in a ****ty way? USD beat us too! Being a football fan it is always, what have you done for me lately? We are, right now, officially the worst team in the Dakota’s!

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 11:23 AM
When little brother kicks your ass 49-24, that doesn’t excite you in a ****ty way? USD beat us too! Being a football fan it is always, what have you done for me lately? We are, right now, officially the worst team in the Dakota’s!Correct and we are the worst team in the Dakotas by a country mile. Completely outmanned by SDSU, USD and UND and it isn't close and all this happened in the space of a year or two. I actually think the decline was evident multiple times with last years team, we beat Incarnate Word by a whisper and prior Bison teams would have feasted on those guys. The personnel gap (recruiting/retention/portal) was glaringly bad vs SDSU. We didn't belong on the same field as them, totally outclassed and out manned. This is gonna be an uphill climb for NDSU and I have ZERO confidence that this coaching staff is up to it. We need to move up to FBS so we can be ****ty there and have an excuse for lackluster performance. NDSU has every imaginable advantage in FCS football and it is pretty sad to see that being pissed down their legs at this rapid rate.

Christiank22
October 15th, 2023, 11:31 AM
When little brother kicks your ass 49-24, that doesn’t excite you in a ****ty way? USD beat us too! Being a football fan it is always, what have you done for me lately? We are, right now, officially the worst team in the Dakota’s!

Yeah but not because it’s UND. I don’t feel any ****tier about the UND loss than I do the USD loss. They’re equal to me. Idk maybe it’s because I’m a younger fan but UND is an afterthought.

Matt Entz has been bringing us down every year. I remember calling for him to be canned years ago and everyone called me crazy. If anyone can watch a single Entz coached team and tell me where he makes us better I would love to see it. I’ll personally host a parade in Fargo the day that man gets canned.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Yeah but not because it’s UND. I don’t feel any ****tier about the UND loss than I do the USD loss. They’re equal to me. Idk maybe it’s because I’m a younger fan but UND is an afterthought.

Matt Entz has been bringing us down every year. I remember calling for him to be canned years ago and everyone called me crazy. If anyone can watch a single Entz coached team and tell me where he makes us better I would love to see it. I’ll personally host a parade in Fargo the day that man gets canned.
I actually felt worse about the USD loss as it was at home and completely unexpected. I knew we would lose to UND up there, tough place to play and this team doesn’t have the heart or talent for anything special it seems. The bad thing about losing to UND is having to listen to all those Micks/Polacks/Bohunks from NE ND drool over themselves. 😀

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2023, 11:58 AM
Absolutely - NDSU is now the worst D1 football team in the Dakotas. Kind of mind-blowing that this could happen when the coaching staff gets their pick of recruits and has every other built-in advantage they could get. Poor coaching, poor execution, and lack of leadership... this team has all of it.

It was due to happen sooner or later but it's time for the rest of the FCS to get some payback - these Bison won't put up much of a fight compare to their predecessors.

taper
October 15th, 2023, 12:19 PM
While NDSU is definitely the 4th place Dakota, I'm an eternal optimist. The Dakotas won all their FCS OOC games and there's a chance we as a group go undefeated against the entire FCS. Not saying we're the 4th place overall, but we're not bottom quarter of the division either.

Christiank22
October 15th, 2023, 12:25 PM
While NDSU is definitely the 4th place Dakota, I'm an eternal optimist. The Dakotas won all their FCS OOC games and there's a chance we as a group go undefeated against the entire FCS. Not saying we're the 4th place overall, but we're not bottom quarter of the division either.

Hahaha we aren’t beating SIU or UNI. I wish I had that kind of optimism but there is not one positive thing about this team

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2023, 12:36 PM
Hahaha we aren’t beating SIU or UNI. I wish I had that kind of optimism but there is not one positive thing about this team

You keep talking about UNI as if they're legendary. They got thumped by Weber State at home and barely beat Indiana State. NDSU has lost to two teams who don't have an FCS loss yet. I get this is the sandbag mantra after an embarrassing loss, but to call two games guaranteed losses, when one is a team who got embarrassed by a subpar YSU defense, and the other is about as bipolar as NDSU, is asinine at best.

SDFS
October 15th, 2023, 12:45 PM
I actually felt worse about the USD loss as it was at home and completely unexpected. I knew we would lose to UND up there, tough place to play and this team doesn’t have the heart or talent for anything special it seems. The bad thing about losing to UND is having to listen to all those Micks/Polacks/Bohunks from NE ND drool over themselves. 

Cheers from a Bohunk xdrunkyx

Preferred Walk-On
October 15th, 2023, 01:01 PM
You keep talking about UNI as if they're legendary. They got thumped by Weber State at home and barely beat Indiana State. NDSU has lost to two teams who don't have an FCS loss yet. I get this is the sandbag mantra after an embarrassing loss, but to call two games guaranteed losses, when one is a team who got embarrassed by a subpar YSU defense, and the other is about as bipolar as NDSU, is asinine at best.

I don't disagree with this post. But I do have some food for thought. I have heard it said that UND beats who they should, but really never beats who they shouldn't. Was this a case of NDSU being a team that they should beat, or has UND really taken a step where they might go out and beat another team that maybe they shouldn't? To me, that NDSU team did appear to quit, but to UND's credit, they absolutely did beat them into submission.

IMO, UND now has a path to a seed, and as it sits, it looks like the MVFC will have two seeds (SDSU and the winner of UND/USD in the 2nd to last week of the season). That is, unless they now lose a game they shouldn't.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 03:13 PM
You keep talking about UNI as if they're legendary. They got thumped by Weber State at home and barely beat Indiana State. NDSU has lost to two teams who don't have an FCS loss yet. I get this is the sandbag mantra after an embarrassing loss, but to call two games guaranteed losses, when one is a team who got embarrassed by a subpar YSU defense, and the other is about as bipolar as NDSU, is asinine at best.Get Educated, UND lost to SDSU. I get that you don't watch football and have not seen this Bison team play yet but you are worse than the guys that have Bison eyeglasses on 24/7. This team sucks, it plain ass sucks.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 03:19 PM
Cheers from a Bohunk xdrunkyxLet me guess, you are a freaking midget, receding hairline, kids that will be shorter than you are and you eat potatoes every day and any hint of spice or something sends you into a food induced coma. About right. Oh, and your XXL Sioux hockey jersey goes down to your knees.

How close am I??

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2023, 03:48 PM

FYI SDSU was just an after thought for decades. They were like Morninside and Augustana in relevance. Then they manufactured the SDSU rivalry with the Dakota Marker after UND wouldnt play us anymore. Even then it was an after thought until SDSU got better.

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2023, 03:53 PM

At one time UNI was the benchmark. They handed us our asses when we first moved up. We recruited to beat them. We got better. They didnt. Which is unfortunate as they were our rivals as far back as the 70. Just like UND.

F'N Hawks
October 15th, 2023, 04:36 PM
Tough scene

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2023, 04:53 PM
Get Educated, UND lost to SDSU. I get that you don't watch football and have not seen this Bison team play yet but you are worse than the guys that have Bison eyeglasses on 24/7. This team sucks, it plain ass sucks.

It sucks by your metric of having won 9 national titles in a very short period, but you're missing all the points. No one even mentioned anything about UND playing SDSU. The topic is that NDSU absolutely will lose to SIU and UNI, and that's simply not the case. Those games will not be blowouts. I get your schtick is calling NDSU the worst team ever and always picking against them, but to assume I don't pay attention is laughable at best. Not a single team has destroyed EWU the way NDSU did, and that includes a 5-2 FBS team. Not a single team has destroyed Central Arkansas, and that includes Oklahoma State. Get embarrassed by UND and suddenly everyone else is an idiot if they dare say NDSU is better than Mayville State. Maybe pick up some prep h or something. It definitely works for me.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 05:51 PM
It sucks by your metric of having won 9 national titles in a very short period, but you're missing all the points. No one even mentioned anything about UND playing SDSU. The topic is that NDSU absolutely will lose to SIU and UNI, and that's simply not the case. Those games will not be blowouts. I get your schtick is calling NDSU the worst team ever and always picking against them, but to assume I don't pay attention is laughable at best. Not a single team has destroyed EWU the way NDSU did, and that includes a 5-2 FBS team. Not a single team has destroyed Central Arkansas, and that includes Oklahoma State. Get embarrassed by UND and suddenly everyone else is an idiot if they dare say NDSU is better than Mayville State. Maybe pick up some prep h or something. It definitely works for me.
We got embarrassed in our own building, on homecoming, by the freaking Coyotes. Somebody stated on here that we are 4-3 in the last 7 games and THOSE of us that watch this know what the **** we have and what WE don’t have with respect to this team. I get that we probably have a high bar against what we measure teams but NO REAL BISON TEAM drops their pants the way this team has done two out of the last 3 weeks

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2023, 11:20 PM
We got embarrassed in our own building, on homecoming, by the freaking Coyotes. Somebody stated on here that we are 4-3 in the last 7 games and THOSE of us that watch this know what the **** we have and what WE don’t have with respect to this team. I get that we probably have a high bar against what we measure teams but NO REAL BISON TEAM drops their pants the way this team has done two out of the last 3 weeks

This team, from my perspective, has the "cares more about clicks than wins" mentality. They are not playing for the name on the front of their jersey, otherwise, they would not have just quit on this team. I was never a big fan of Cam being QB, but to see him being one a handful of players who actually seems to give a damn about NDSU, especially in his last year of football, is depressing and I feel bad for him. He is not a bad QB by any means, but man, with this supporting cast, the guy seems to be on an island of "**** it, I'll do it myself".

Put him on SDSU, Montana St, or any team in contention right now, and I'd put money on them to win it all.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2023, 05:55 AM
You guys all defended your knuckle dragger Coach back in 2019 after I called him every name in the book but I had the sense it was a weak defense …..

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2023, 07:26 AM
You guys all defended your knuckle dragger Coach back in 2019 after I called him every name in the book but I had the sense it was a weak defense …..

Entz has no more Klieman guys now so let's see how this coaching staff handles this adversity. I would like to see them play more younger guys. Let's see if they are better in game reps.

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2023, 07:50 AM
....SO SAD TA WATCH UH FAN BASE....MELT....INTA.......MCNEESE STATE...........xbawlingx..........BRAWK!

robsnotes4u
October 16th, 2023, 08:10 AM
This team, from my perspective, has the "cares more about clicks than wins" mentality. They are not playing for the name on the front of their jersey, otherwise, they would not have just quit on this team. I was never a big fan of Cam being QB, but to see him being one a handful of players who actually seems to give a damn about NDSU, especially in his last year of football, is depressing and I feel bad for him. He is not a bad QB by any means, but man, with this supporting cast, the guy seems to be on an island of "**** it, I'll do it myself".

Put him on SDSU, Montana St, or any team in contention right now, and I'd put money on them to win it all.

He is a good quarterback but that would be a downgrade for both teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2023, 11:55 AM

Cam Miller has already said he plans to use his COVID year and come back next year... we'll see how many join him. This program has had plenty of issues with transfers while they were contending for national titles - now that that has ship has sailed....

Bisonator
October 16th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Very good chance they go winless but the SDSU game is a rivalry so anything can happen but a fool would think NDSU will win that game.

Silenoz
October 16th, 2023, 12:02 PM
I actually think the decline was evident multiple times with last years team, we beat Incarnate Word by a whisper and prior Bison teams would have feasted on those guys. The personnel gap (recruiting/retention/portal) was glaringly bad vs SDSU. We didn't belong on the same field as them, totally outclassed and out manned.
The real clue was letting our horrid team keep it close for any amount of time xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2023, 01:05 PM
....SO SAD TA WATCH UH FAN BASE....MELT....INTA.......MCNEESE STATE...........xbawlingx..........BRAWK!

Or maybe you can post another picture of popcorn eating.....a first for you....xrolleyesx

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2023, 01:31 PM
.........HERE YA GO!................xpopcornx.........BRAWK!

ps.....MAYBE.....TRY MO'.......FAKE FG'S...........xsighx..........AWK!

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2023, 01:50 PM
He is a good quarterback but that would be a downgrade for both teams.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI'm not so sure at Montana State but Gronowski probably wins that battle.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2023, 01:51 PM
Cam Miller has already said he plans to use his COVID year and come back next year... we'll see how many join him. This program has had plenty of issues with transfers while they were contending for national titles - now that that has ship has sailed....I can't see why he'd want to? If I were him, I'd want to go to a team that plans on winning games and not caring about the whole "me" mentality.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2023, 11:05 PM
.........HERE YA GO!................xpopcornx.........BRAWK!

ps.....MAYBE.....TRY MO'.......FAKE FG'S...........xsighx..........AWK!

Making fun of Bison fans that are complaining about the coach that pulled a fake fg on your team. Not sure what you are getting at.

bonarae
October 17th, 2023, 01:13 AM

Or maybe ETSU, at least in my book. Time will definitely tell if Dartmouth will fall into this trap too, now that Teevens is gone from this earth already.

RabidRabbit
October 28th, 2023, 03:52 PM
If SDSU wins vs NDSU, SDSU will also get the W vs other 3 Dakotas. It would be two years in a row for Jacks.

POD Knows
October 28th, 2023, 09:50 PM
There isn't a single Bison player on offense or defense that would be a #1 for SDSU. Our kicker is probably batter than theirs but that is about. Somebody prove me wrong here. Who, on the Bison O or D would be a starter for SDSU.

I will wait for responses.

Christiank22
October 29th, 2023, 12:41 AM
There isn't a single Bison player on offense or defense that would be a #1 for SDSU. Our kicker is probably batter than theirs but that is about. Somebody prove me wrong here. Who, on the Bison O or D would be a starter for SDSU.

I will wait for responses.

Ehh idk, I can’t name more than one or two players on SDSUs roster. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison either, I think Entz would make the 2013 NDSU team look average at best.