3. Albany Great Danes 8-4 239 3
4. Morehead State Eagles 7-4 203 4
5. Iona Gaels 7-4 172 5
6. Drake Bulldogs 6-5 122 6
7. Wagner Seahawks 7-4 108 7
8. Duquesne Dukes 6-4 98 8
9. Davidson Wildcats 6-4 74 9
10. Central Connecticut St Blue Devils 6-5 55 10
Others receiving votes (in order of points): Stony Brook 7, Monmouth 3.

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
We'll be seeing Mike Kelly in Chattanooga. Maybe he'll bring Hoyng with him.

danefan
December 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
poo poo the mid-major poll.

xmadx xmadx xnonono2x xnonono2x

danefan
December 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Final 2007 Sports Network FCS Top-10 Mid-Major Poll

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. Dayton Flyers (30) 11-1 300 1
2. San Diego Toreros 9-2 270 2
3. Morehead State Eagles 7-4 203 4
4. Iona Gaels 7-4 172 5
5. Drake Bulldogs 6-5 122 6
6. Duquesne Dukes 6-4 98 8
7. Davidson Wildcats 6-4 74 9

Fixed it for you.xthumbsupx

Congrats Dayton!

TexasTerror
December 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Is Dayton going to claim a national title like the folks in San Diego (or maybe it was a few fans)...did?

brownbear
December 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Are Ivy League schools not considered non-scholarship?

bluehenbillk
December 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Are Ivy League schools not considered non-scholarship?Nope, neither is the Patriot League.

Model Citizen
December 5th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Nope, neither is the Patriot League.

How many scholarships do Ivy League programs give? I don't need a number for each school, just a league average will do. For example, Mark Murphy (when he was Colgate AD) said 50-55 for the Patriot League.

What's the avg Ivy number?xwhistlex

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Its a joke of a poll and I hope NEC fans, ADs, SIDs, and Coaches do not participate in this poll for next year.

-----
All NEC fans - It should be our mission this offseason to send an e-mail to your school's AD and SID (as well as the NEC officials) asking them not to participate and to distance themself from this moniker!
-----

The NEC must not include this stuff in its media packages, and every school (including UA and CCSU) was guilty of it this year. If we are serious about the AQ in 2008 - this has got to stop.

Albany will play 4 teams in non-conference that were in this year's playoffs! That 1/4 of the entire field - why are they a "mid-major?" CCSU has at least 2 games vs. Top-25 teams from this year scheduled in 2008 and played a I-A team this season - why are we still a "mid-major?"

No offense to my PL fans, but when NEC teams are regulaly beating PL squads its time to stop this nonsense - we are FCS, period!

Seawolf97
December 5th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Its a joke of a poll and I hope NEC fans, ADs, SIDs, and Coaches do not participate in this poll for next year.

-----
All NEC fans - It should be our mission this offseason to send an e-mail to your school's AD and SID (as well as the NEC officials) asking them not to participate and to distance themself from this moniker!
-----

The NEC must not include this stuff in its media packages, and every school (including UA and CCSU) was guilty of it this year. If we are serious about the AQ in 2008 - this has got to stop.

Albany will play 4 teams in non-conference that were in this year's playoffs! That 1/4 of the entire field - why are they a "mid-major?" CCSU has at least 2 games vs. Top-25 teams from this year scheduled in 2008 and played a I-A team this season - why are we still a "mid-major?"

No offense to my PL fans, but when NEC teams are regulaly beating PL squads its time to stop this nonsense - we are FCS, period!

Couldnt agree more and we are going over 50 scholarships in 2008xoopsx

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
... we are FCS limited-scholarship, period!Fixed it for you! :p ;)

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Its a joke of a poll and I hope NEC fans, ADs, SIDs, and Coaches do not participate in this poll for next year.Tony Moss said on WAVES that they are going to figure out a new way to honor such teams.

DetroitFlyer
December 5th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Yawn.... The only polls I care about and summarize on the UD board are thoe polls that rank all teams in FCS. I am very proud that my Flyers are ranked at number 24 in the last FCS coaches poll. I hope that Dayton is ranked in the top 25 of all the major polls at the end of the season.

As for this poll, I take no pride in it whatsoever. I would be proud if Mike Kelly and Kevin Hoyng were in Chatty to play in the Championship. but since we did not get a bid to the playoffs it is not happening. Frankly, I would be embarassed to go and collect this "award".

As for claiming a "National Championship" this Dayton fan will not claim one, but I'm sure the University and many less knowledgable fans will.

Just hearing the term "MM" is enough to make me want to puke.

Model Citizen
December 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
How many scholarships do Ivy League programs give? I don't need a number for each school, just a league average will do. For example, Mark Murphy (when he was Colgate AD) said 50-55 for the Patriot League.

Bueller?...

Bueller?...

Bueller?

xconfusedx

ucdtim17
December 5th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Is Dayton going to claim a national title like the folks in San Diego (or maybe it was a few fans)...did?

It was more media who didn't know the difference. Evey other article about Johnson this year mentioned how USD had won the I-AA national championship

aceinthehole
December 6th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Fixed it for you! :p ;)

Fixed it for you, smart a$$! xthumbsupx

DUPFLFan
December 6th, 2007, 08:41 AM
This poll should be renamed the Poll of Schools who are Ignored for the Playoffs

aceinthehole
December 6th, 2007, 10:41 AM

ADMINS - Why isn't this deleted too?

This board is becoming a joke becasue certain posters are protected!
This is bull***** xnonox

TheValleyRaider
December 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM

No scholarships, just equivalencies. I'm not quite able to explain the difference

I'd guess most of the Ivies are at the same level as the top PL schools (50-55), but again, don't know for sure

aceinthehole
December 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM

Hey ADMINS, where is the nomeclature police now??? There is FBS, FCS, D-II, and D-III. What is this new classifiaction you speak of? xconfusedx

So Syntax, you're not a supporter of all FCS teams, just those teams that give 63 schollys? What a suprise, I read a lot of posts like that from someone named RALPH. xrolleyesx

Syntax Error
December 6th, 2007, 12:00 PM
No scholarships, just equivalencies. I'm not quite able to explain the difference

I'd guess most of the Ivies are at the same level as the top PL schools (50-55), but again, don't know for sureI seem to remember that Murphy from Harvard said 70-75 members of the team were getting something.

danefan
December 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at Princeton NO students have any loans at all. So either you have a scholarship or a grant or your tuition is reduced... or something like that.

GOTOREROS
December 6th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Back-to-Back Champions! I have a newspaper article that proves it! :D