PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-14

JALMOND
October 11th, 2023, 08:24 PM
I'm doing so bad I couldn't get a perfect week last week with only three games on the schedule. I am currently at 44-7 so far this season. This weekend everyone is playing so a full schedule is on tap, and a few interesting matchups. Time to get down to business as we are at the halfway mark of the year. Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky games, and hoping for perfection.

CP at MSU---Easy game to call? The Mustangs are heading to the bottom of the conference and was one of the few that played last week. The Bobcats have soared to the top of the conference and was off last week. The Mustangs don't even get the luxury of playing this game at home...MSU 49, CP 10.

EWU at ISU---The Eagles have shown to be better than advertised and one of the forces to be reckoned with in the conference. The Bengals also have shown life at times but they may be a step behind the Eagles. But strange things happen in the Bengals' home. Can they win?...EWU 33, ISU 17.

UM at UI---Count the Grizzlies out and they will rise up and look great, like last week's win on the road. However, the Vandals have shown to be one the premier teams in the conference and this is at their place. Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them, but I can't pick against the Vandals...UI 31, UM 24.

PSU at NAU---This late in the season and the Vikings are still hard to figure out. They beat the lower team and lost to the best team, then they had a bye. The Lumberjacks, however, have shown to be a different team in conference than out of conference. This is in conference...NAU 31, PSU 17.

SAC at UNC---In their last game the Hornets survived a scare at home and secured the win. In their last game the Bears had victory in their grasp, but they could not secure it. Both then took last weekend off to reflect. But, does all that really matter how they got here?...SAC 38, UNC 21.

UCD at WSU---Want some playoff action in mid October? The Aggies and Wildcats both were almost shoo-ins for the playoffs when the season began. Now, in this game, the loser may have to start playing for pride. Hard to imagine these two programs at that point already this year...UCD 26, WSU 23.

bonarae
October 11th, 2023, 08:40 PM
Montana State
EWU
Vandals (GOTW candidate)
NAU
Sac
Weber

robsnotes4u
October 11th, 2023, 09:32 PM
As important as the Idaho game is for the Griz, Davis winning the next to is just as important. Doesn’t sound like Larison is back until the last week in October.

I like you picks. I think NAU/PSU and UCD/WSU are both toss up. Idaho wins easily at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeattleCat
October 11th, 2023, 11:15 PM
I'm doing so bad I couldn't get a perfect week last week with only three games on the schedule. I am currently at 44-7 so far this season. This weekend everyone is playing so a full schedule is on tap, and a few interesting matchups. Time to get down to business as we are at the halfway mark of the year. Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky games, and hoping for perfection.

CP at MSU---Easy game to call? The Mustangs are heading to the bottom of the conference and was one of the few that played last week. The Bobcats have soared to the top of the conference and was off last week. The Mustangs don't even get the luxury of playing this game at home...MSU 49, CP 10.

EWU at ISU---The Eagles have shown to be better than advertised and one of the forces to be reckoned with in the conference. The Bengals also have shown life at times but they may be a step behind the Eagles. But strange things happen in the Bengals' home. Can they win?...EWU 33, ISU 17.

UM at UI---Count the Grizzlies out and they will rise up and look great, like last week's win on the road. However, the Vandals have shown to be one the premier teams in the conference and this is at their place. Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them, but I can't pick against the Vandals...UI 31, UM 24.

PSU at NAU---This late in the season and the Vikings are still hard to figure out. They beat the lower team and lost to the best team, then they had a bye. The Lumberjacks, however, have shown to be a different team in conference than out of conference. This is in conference...NAU 31, PSU 17.

SAC at UNC---In their last game the Hornets survived a scare at home and secured the win. In their last game the Bears had victory in their grasp, but they could not secure it. Both then took last weekend off to reflect. But, does all that really matter how they got here?...SAC 38, UNC 21.

UCD at WSU---Want some playoff action in mid October? The Aggies and Wildcats both were almost shoo-ins for the playoffs when the season began. Now, in this game, the loser may have to start playing for pride. Hard to imagine these two programs at that point already this year...UCD 26, WSU 23.

I Think the Vikings beat the Lumberjacks.

JALMOND
October 11th, 2023, 11:29 PM
I Think the Vikings beat the Lumberjacks.

I hope you're right. I think we have a shot at it, but not enough of a shot to actually call it. Viks played at elevation already (Wyoming) so there's that. Jacks are playing great football right now and it is at their place. I'm sure it will be rocking.

SeattleCat
October 12th, 2023, 10:08 AM
I hope you're right. I think we have a shot at it, but not enough of a shot to actually call it. Viks played at elevation already (Wyoming) so there's that. Jacks are playing great football right now and it is at their place. I'm sure it will be rocking.

I was really impressed with the athletes Barnum has landed, big upgrade over years past.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2023, 10:44 AM
Sac State 34 @ UNC 20 - The Bears put a scare in the Grills at home but couldn't seal the deal. Checking their website, I learned that it's NoCo's 100th Homecoming, so I gave them 3 more points, but still not enough to beat a quality Hornet team.
Portland State 24 @ NAU 30 - NAU seems to be putting it together a little bit of late and they're at Walkup.
EWU 34 @ ISU-o 24 - EWU's run D is once again terrible. The good news for them is the Bungles have the worst rushing attack of the Big Sky at a paltry 59.8ypg.
Cal Poly 13 @ MSU 45 - One of the better teams in the conference against one of the worst and at a sold out Bobcat Stadium to boot.
UC-Davis 31 @ BBQ 27 - The rebuild year for the Grills continues to disappoint.
UM 21 @ Idaho 27 - If McDowell had played the whole year, I'd be more apt to pick them. Since they are still "gelling", and it's at a packed Kibbie Dome, Idaho takes it.

dbackjon
October 12th, 2023, 11:24 AM
Sac State
NAU
EWU
MSU
Weber
Idaho

wapiti
October 12th, 2023, 12:19 PM
All teams in action this weekend

Sac State 42 @ 13 NC --- After a tight game at home Sac is on the road, but it is a weak UNCU team

PSU 24 @ 25 NAU --- This look to be a close game and could come down to who has the ball last. I gave home field advantage the win.

EWU 31 @ 17 ISU --- EWU gave Idaho a decent game in Cheney, now on the road to the other Idaho team that is struggling.

CP 13 @ 45 MSU --- MSU should be able to play 2's and 3's in the 2nd half.

UC Davis 22 @ 12 Weber --- BBQ has been a disappointment this year and UC Davis seems to down a bit from last year, but BBQ has fallen down further.

UM 17 @ 38 UI --- The Brown Stein game.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2023, 01:04 PM
All teams in action this weekend

Sac State 42 @ 13 NC --- After a tight game at home Sac is on the road, but it is a weak UNCU team

PSU 24 @ 25 NAU --- This look to be a close game and could come down to who has the ball last. I gave home field advantage the win.

EWU 31 @ 17 ISU --- EWU gave Idaho a decent game in Cheney, now on the road to the other Idaho team that is struggling.

CP 13 @ 45 MSU --- MSU should be able to play 2's and 3's in the 2nd half.

UC Davis 22 @ 12 Weber --- BBQ has been a disappointment this year and UC Davis seems to down a bit from last year, but BBQ has fallen down further.

UM 17 @ 38 UI --- The Brown Stein game.

Hey! Get your own prediction!

While I'm replying to your post, I've been trying to figure out the second "U" in UNCU that you use. What am I missing?

JALMOND
October 12th, 2023, 01:59 PM

While I'm replying to your post, I've been trying to figure out the second "U" in UNCU that you use. What am I missing?

I've seen both Cal Poly and Montana State play. I can tell you, 45-13 Cats could easily be the halftime score. xlolx

wapiti
October 12th, 2023, 03:43 PM

I can never remember if it is University of Northern Colorado or Northern Colorado University. So I include the U at both ends to make sure I've got it covered.
Plus there was a UNCU poster on here who got upset when it was wrong, so UNCU made it funnier.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2023, 04:03 PM
I can never remember if it is University of Northern Colorado or Northern Colorado University. So I include the U at both ends to make sure I've got it covered.
Plus there was a UNCU poster on here who got upset when it was wrong, so UNCU made it funnier.

xlolx I like it. I kind of did/do the same with UC-Davis and SELA. There was a Davis fan that was a bit overly sensitive about whether it was supposed to have the hyphen or not (and now I don't remember the "correct" way). Same with SELA wanting to be SLU. SEMO doesn't try to be SMU. The Southeastern Conference doesn't go by SC. No one abbreviates "southeastern" as "S". Knock it off.

JALMOND
October 12th, 2023, 04:42 PM
xlolx I like it. I kind of did/do the same with UC-Davis and SELA. There was a Davis fan that was a bit overly sensitive about whether it was supposed to have the hyphen or not (and now I don't remember the "correct" way). Same with SELA wanting to be SLU. SEMO doesn't try to be SMU. The Southeastern Conference doesn't go by SC. No one abbreviates "southeastern" as "S". Knock it off.

I was told years ago that none of those schools affiliated with the University of California system use a hyphen which is when I dropped the hyphen from UC Davis. Also, I've never heard it referred to as Northern Colorado University. I've always heard it as University of Northern Colorado. 100% sure on UC Davis, about 97% sure about University of Northern Colorado.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2023, 05:11 PM
I was told years ago that none of those schools affiliated with the University of California system use a hyphen which is when I dropped the hyphen from UC Davis. Also, I've never heard it referred to as Northern Colorado University. I've always heard it as University of Northern Colorado. 100% sure on UC Davis, about 97% sure about University of Northern Colorado.

It's 100% University of Northern Colorado. Until they get out of the cellar, UNCU it is! xlolx Unless they lose to Calol Poly (shout out to Griz fan, mvemlkckjlasfkjl). Then they'll be lolUNC. Or UNClol. Whichever is funnier.

Imagine getting upset over a hyphen. xrolleyesx

uofmman1122
October 12th, 2023, 05:20 PM
It's 100% University of Northern Colorado. Until they get out of the cellar, UNCU it is! xlolx Unless they lose to Calol Poly (shout out to Griz fan, mvemlkckjlasfkjl). Then they'll be lolUNC. Or UNClol. Whichever is funnier.

Imagine getting upset over a hyphen. xrolleyesx
I love UNCU, but it's even better that the official acronym is UNCO, which means poopoo in Japanese. xlolx

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2023, 10:34 PM
Montana 21-37 Idaho — The Vandals should beat the Griz at home for the first time since 1995

EWU 35-27 Idaho St. — Is Eastern good or not? Are the Bengals competitive or not?

Davis 20-17 Weber — The winner gets to claim they're not a pretender for another week

Portland St. 25-31 NAU — This is one of those games that screams, "I dunno… go with the home team"

Calol Poly 17-56 Montana St. — Probably the mismatch of the year in Big Sky play

Sac State 35-13 NoCo — The Hornets are 14-2 all-time against UNC

JALMOND
October 15th, 2023, 02:35 PM

3-3 this week. I am now at 47-10 for the year. I was happy for Portland State, shocked at Eastern Washington, and Montana is now 3-0 when I pick against them. Geez, what a day.

SeattleCat
October 15th, 2023, 03:36 PM
My prediction as of today is Portland State makes the playoffs. They run the table.

coriander_seed
October 16th, 2023, 08:45 AM
JALMOND, are you associated with PSU in some way? Go, Viks!
PS In my head, I pronounce, well, yell with the all-caps, your name like Shell Pond.

JALMOND
October 16th, 2023, 09:02 AM
JALMOND, are you associated with PSU in some way? Go, Viks!
PS In my head, I pronounce, well, yell with the all-caps, your name like Shell Pond.

Welcome, cori. Glad to have another Vik roaming around. xthumbsupx
No real association with the Viks. Just have been a fan since we joined the conference back in 1996.

wapiti
October 16th, 2023, 09:28 AM
3-3 this week. I am now at 47-10 for the year. I was happy for Portland State, shocked at Eastern Washington, and Montana is now 3-0 when I pick against them. Geez, what a day.

I too am 0-3 when I pick against the Griz. I will not pick against them this week. Ha Ha.

MSUBobcat
October 16th, 2023, 09:38 AM
I too am 0-3 when I pick against the Griz. I will not pick against them this week. Ha Ha.
Trying to reverse-jinx them into laying an egg against UNCU. I like the way you think.

JALMOND
October 16th, 2023, 10:26 AM

Well, the Griz are 2-1 when I do pick them. Not much difference.

wapiti
October 16th, 2023, 05:39 PM
Idaho State comeback win against EWU

https://youtu.be/p0WAp35ofDw?si=ZuWyBbZsqjSYF6Kf