PDA

View Full Version : Frosty in here?

colgate13
September 13th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Is it just me, or is there more tension on this board then usual? I sense a lot of upset folks from bubble programs looking for respect.

Youngstown, WCU, UTC, Texas St., etc.... I don't remember this much grumbling last year. Is it just the upset week as folks turned upside down or what?

I just wish everyone would get a bit more civil and understand just how early it is and how unproven so many teams are. There is a reason we have a playoff system; these polls are for great entertainment, but they don't decide champions. There is plenty of time and opportunity to show who belongs where.

henfan
September 13th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Tension? What tension?!

BTW, 'Gate13, I want to congratulate the field crew at Andy Kerr Stadium for getting the snow removed before last Saturday's big game with UMass. The place looked great on the tele. Still, the stress of that treacherous drive across Rt. 20 was fairly evident in the opponent's play. ;)

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Can't we all.. get along?? :confused:

blackfordpu
September 13th, 2005, 09:40 AM

How did I know that one was coming? ;)

Hansel
September 13th, 2005, 09:44 AM
http://www.formfunctionemotion.net/mt-static/images/yoda.jpg

mmmm much hate there is, simmer down people need do

buckp
September 13th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Is it just me, or is there more tension on this board then usual? I sense a lot of upset folks from bubble programs looking for respect.

Youngstown, WCU, UTC, Texas St., etc.... I don't remember this much grumbling last year. Is it just the upset week as folks turned upside down or what?....

Part of the reason is that you have more AGS members this year from those schools mentioned and they all have good teams this year (just ask one of them ;) ). And, with all the change-up in the top 25, everyone thinks they should have a shot.

AGS is truly becoming the melting pot of all I-AA football fans.....:bow:

89Hen
September 13th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Youngstown, WCU, UTC, Texas St., etc.... I don't remember this much grumbling last year. Is it just the upset week as folks turned upside down or what?

YSU 1-1
Texas St 1-1
UTC 0-2

OL FU
September 13th, 2005, 09:56 AM
We just have to stay objective. When it is time to cast your vote look at the teams instead of looking at ass-hole fans. :D

89Hen
September 13th, 2005, 10:01 AM
When it is time to cast your vote look at the teams instead of looking at ass-hole fans. :D
People have. Otherwise we'd never see the Hens as high as they are. :p

TxSt02
September 13th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Texas State is the best team in the land... That's all that you need to know!

89Hen
September 13th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Agreed! Now if we can just find out which land, you'll be in shape! :p

OL FU
September 13th, 2005, 10:25 AM
People have. Otherwise we'd never see the Hens as high as they are. :p

Yeah, what you said! :)

buckp
September 13th, 2005, 10:38 AM
We just have to stay objective. When it is time to cast your vote look at the teams instead of looking at ass-hole fans. :D

Another part of the voting equation? When a new member joins AGS - he usually knows very little about other I-AA schools/teams so he is all worked up and 'Jung-ho' only for his team. As this fan matures by reading and learning more about team players, outlook and predictions about other I-AA teams from fellow members, I think he starts to acknowledge and respect certain schools throughout the I-AA nation, which in turn, will and should affect his voting.....:nod:

However, there is always the gray zone - the ones that never mature! :p

OL FU
September 13th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Another part of the voting equation? When a new member joins AGS - he usually knows very little about other I-AA schools/teams so he is all worked up and 'Jung-ho' only for his team. As this fan matures by reading and learning more about team players, outlook and predictions about other I-AA teams from fellow members, I think he starts to acknowledge and respect certain schools throughout the I-AA nation, which in turn, will and should affect his voting.....:nod:

However, there is always the gray zone - the ones that never mature! :p

I think that is one of the things that gripes me. My votes may not be right, but once I decided to do this, I invested a lot of time, and a lot of time I don't have, to make sure I could cast an educated vote. Like I said, I may not have it right, but it is not from lack of effort and thought.

colgate13
September 13th, 2005, 10:49 AM
FU - you need to approach this from a Taoist perspective: There is no right or wrong. There just is.

:D

colgate13
September 13th, 2005, 10:50 AM

The Southland?

Hansel
September 13th, 2005, 10:51 AM
The Southland?
Candyland

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Candyland

Fantasyland? :D

89Hen
September 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
'Jung-ho'
:confused: Any relation to Hung Chow?

http://www.kuleuven.ac.be/sport/images/sportaanbod/individuelesport/kung%20fu.JPG

TxSt02
September 13th, 2005, 11:08 AM
The Southland?

I would be happy with this!!!

89Hen
Candyland
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/11/18/image584289x.jpg

TxSt02
Fantasyland? :D

This is where the guy that gave you guys a first place vote is...

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2005, 12:26 PM
This is where the guy that gave you guys a first place vote is...

Ooo! That hurt! And this ain't even the smack board! No hard feelins', '02. Any school that spawned LBJ can't be all bad! :p

dungeonjoe
September 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM

I just wish everyone would get a bit more civil and understand just how early it is and how unproven so many teams are. There is a reason we have a playoff system; these polls are for great entertainment, but they don't decide champions. There is plenty of time and opportunity to show who belongs where.

I have noticed the same thing 13; tension that at times is carried out in personal slams and acrimony. As Buck or someone has said, a lot of it has to do with the season thus far, and the diversity of the board and I-AA.

Sports in some ways is just like religion-- if you don't see it my way you are in error and going to suffer the wrath of the faithful

you colgate, red raidin' jerk :) :rolleyes:

j/k

Cocky
September 13th, 2005, 03:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/44/Rodney_king.jpg

McNeese75
September 13th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Candyland

Ahhhhh, Feeling full of ourselves today are we???? :D

(Good win last weekend by the way!)

igo4uni
September 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Seems to me that there are quite a few more people on this fine board in 2005 vs. 2004. This is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but with more people, we get more diversity of personalities/opinion. Just my 2 cents worth.

By the way: Every team in I-AA sux, except for UNI!! :D :D :D :) ;) :) :D :D ;) :p :)

peace

igo4uni

ngineer
September 13th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Seems to me that there are quite a few more people on this fine board in 2005 vs. 2004. This is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but with more people, we get more diversity of personalities/opinion. Just my 2 cents worth.

By the way: Every team in I-AA sux, except for UNI!! :D :D :D :) ;) :) :D :D ;) :p :)

peace

igo4uni

Well, according the site, membership is approaching 1,000, which is a little less than the old board before this resurrected. I sense that this year could be a wide open affair and perhaps we got a bunch of new people who weren't part of last year and may taking the 'polls' here too seriously. Afterall, we love I-AA because of the playoffs. The polls should only be a diversion, not a focus. And by the way LEARN TO SPELL! :p ;)

Hansel
September 13th, 2005, 07:12 PM
"membership" may not have reached the ~2000 we had on the old board, but I think there are a lot more active members this year

Fordham
September 13th, 2005, 07:13 PM
well given how horrendously the whole I-AA season has started overall, I'm actually surprised there's not more acrimony around here.

charliej
September 13th, 2005, 07:23 PM
"membership" may not have reached the ~2000 we had on the old board, but I think there are a lot more active members this year

Certainly are some more vocal ones :)

It's all good, big families are bound to have little squabbles. :D

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2005, 07:36 PM
FROSTY IN HERE?..........DUH FELLAS HERE ON DUH BOARD....ARE GIVIN' NEW MEANIN' TA DA PHRASE......."CHILL OUT"!.....COULD IT BE WE WON'T SMACK..OR DISCUSS...('FRAID O' RUFFLIN' FEATHERS)..IN FEAR AH DUH JINXIN' O' OUR FAVORITE SQUADS?.....ICE WATER LADS......IN DUH VEINS......IT KEEPS YA'LL COOL AN' IN SYNC....AS YA'LL'S HOMEYS...ARE TRAILIN' BY 3.......WHIFF 1:28......LEFT ON DUH TICKER!.........DA HENS DRINK IT......JES' LOOK AT DUH LEHIGH COMEBACK....ICE WATERAH..........KEEP COOL AN' TRUST IN DUH TRADITION!.......WHAAAA DUH HELL....AM AH...TALKIN' 'BOUT??????....:confused:.....BRAWK!

Mr. C
September 14th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Tension? What tension?!

BTW, 'Gate13, I want to congratulate the field crew at Andy Kerr Stadium for getting the snow removed before last Saturday's big game with UMass. The place looked great on the tele. Still, the stress of that treacherous drive across Rt. 20 was fairly evident in the opponent's play. ;)
I'd nominate this one as one of my favorite posts of the year. I'm sure UMass fan would agree