PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-7

JALMOND
October 4th, 2023, 09:02 PM
After being perfect last week (even with a few scares), I am now up to 42-6 for the year, close to being respectable. Only three games are on the conference schedule this week as half the teams are taking the week off, so with the less amount of games, it should make the chance of perfection again to be rather good. But after the way the games went last week, anything could happen, and some teams could pull some surprises. All games are on Saturday with later than usual kickoffs (no 1pm games). Here are my predictions for this week.

UI at CP---If there is anyone who could threaten the top spot in the conference, it may be the Vandals who started conference play with two good wins and looked good doing it. On the other side, the Mustangs have not looked good and, even with two wins on paper, they've looked rather lost and out of sorts. Surprises do happen, but not here...UI 45, CP 14.

UM at UCD---The Grizzlies recovered from their shocking road loss in the first week of conference play to where they had a shocking close win at home last week. The Aggies looked good on the road last week against an inferior opponent after falling just short at home. Do the Grizzlies finally wake up or do the Aggies take it to them?...UCD 28, UM 20.

NAU at WSU---The most interesting matchup on this short schedule. The Lumberjacks have only one win, yet they have looked really good in conference play so far. The Wildcats, on the other hand, have not, looking out of sorts in their first conference game, then needing some late game heroics to salvage a win. The Wildcats may be the better team, but really?...NAU 34, WSU 28.

bonarae
October 4th, 2023, 11:30 PM
Wow, so many teams with the bye this week.

Vandals
UC Davis
NAU

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2023, 02:41 AM
Idaho 48-13 Calol Poly — So again… why did Cal Poly ditch the triple option in 2020? xdontknowx

Montana 17-24 Davis — Montana is 5-0 all-time in Davis, but if there's any Griz team that's gonna break that streak…

NAU 14-23 Weber — Nothing in the Big Sky can top the storied history of the Red Rock Trophy xnodx

MSUBobcat
October 5th, 2023, 10:51 AM
Idaho 45 @ Poly 10 - Idaho really good, Poly really bad.
Montana 21 @ Davis 27 - Home cooking is enough to overcome missing Larison and I'm not sure if the QB change will provide the needed spark to knock off a decent team on the road.
NAU 24 @ BBQ 28 - NAU is starting to put things together after the shocking home loss to UTU, beating the Griz and nearly knocking off Sac St on the road. Weber has been rudderless in Big Sky play. Toss up, but going with the home team to get back on track after 2 very poor weeks.

wapiti
October 5th, 2023, 11:05 AM
UM 17 @ 28 UC Davis -- On paper this appears to be the toughest game for the Griz this far this season. UC Davis should be hungry for another win at home.

UI 38 @ 16 CP -- Should be a cakewalk for the Vandals despite being on the road.

NAU 24 @ 28 Weber State - Lumberjacks have played well since the debacle against Utah Tech. The BBQ appears to be lacking some coals in their fire the past few weeks; But BBQ is hosting this game and NAU is gaining steam. I will give home field the edge.

BlueGoldAg
October 5th, 2023, 01:08 PM
Regarding the Montana @ UC Davis game:

- The Aggie offense is riddled with several key injuries. We've not only lost our #1 & #2 RB's, Larison and Perez, but multi-talented Trent Tompkins, who has been playing WR this year but also steps into QB and tailback positions at times, suffered a shoulder injury and left the game at Cal Poly. He started the game at RB and had 12 carries for 89 yards before getting injured. Hawkins says he may play against the Griz but, even so, we're digging deep into the roster at RB.

- The game will be played in the heat of the day due to the 4 pm start time. The weather is forecast to be 94 degrees at kickoff. The Aggie stadium is a heat sump since it is a sunken bowl with artificial turf. The temperature on the field will certainly be over 100 degree at the start. Why they scheduled this game for a 4 pm start is ridiculous as the weather in the Sacramento Valley can be very hot in early October. Not only is it hard on the players but it's terrible for the fans as well since east side of the stadium and end zone grass areas will have no shade until the sun goes down and sun will be directly in the fans eyes on the east side until it sets. This game should have been scheduled for a 6 or 7 pm start.

wapiti
October 5th, 2023, 02:41 PM
Regarding the Montana @ UC Davis game:

- The Aggie offense is riddled with several key injuries. We've not only lost our #1 & #2 RB's, Larison and Perez, but multi-talented Trent Tompkins, who has been playing WR this year but also steps into QB and tailback positions at times, suffered a shoulder injury and left the game at Cal Poly. He started the game at RB and had 12 carries for 89 yards before getting injured. Hawkins says he may play against the Griz but, even so, we're digging deep into the roster at RB.

- The game will be played in the heat of the day due to the 4 pm start time. The weather is forecast to be 94 degrees at kickoff. The Aggie stadium is a heat sump since it is a sunken bowl with artificial turf. The temperature on the field will certainly be over 100 degree at the start. Why they scheduled this game for a 4 pm start is ridiculous as the weather in the Sacramento Valley can be very hot in early October. Not only is it hard on the players but it's terrible for the fans as well since east side of the stadium and end zone grass areas will have no shade until the sun goes down and sun will be directly in the fans eyes on the east side until it sets. This game should have been scheduled for a 6 or 7 pm start.

OUCH!!! I did not realize how bad the injuries your team has. That's a bummer. Even with those injuries you still have a fair chance of a W this weekend. Especially if your O-line can protect the QB and make holes for the RB.

Ncagalum
October 5th, 2023, 03:33 PM
OUCH!!! I did not realize how bad the injuries your team has. That's a bummer. Even with those injuries you still have a fair chance of a W this weekend. Especially if your O-line can protect the QB and make holes for the RB.

Trent Tompkins will be playing according to press conference. Larison will surely be missed as he is a real difference maker - and IMO the best back in the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAg
October 5th, 2023, 04:59 PM

Our OL has had its struggles giving our QB, Miles Hastings, time in the pocket this year. We have a starting offensive lineman out with a knee injury also. As a consequence, Hastings has been rolling out a lot while under pressure and he's not a dual threat QB. He's had to throw a lot of short passes and we haven't seen many throws down the field. Our receivers are not that big but they do a good job of gaining yards after the catch. If our OL can give Hastings a few more seconds we may see some shots downfield against the Griz.

robsnotes4u
October 5th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Our OL has had its struggles giving our QB, Miles Hastings, time in the pocket this year. We have a starting offensive lineman out with a knee injury also. As a consequence, Hastings has been rolling out a lot while under pressure and he's not a dual threat QB. He's had to throw a lot of short passes and we haven't seen many throws down the field. Our receivers are not that big but they do a good job of gaining yards after the catch. If our OL can give Hastings a few more seconds we may see some shots downfield against the Griz.

The Griz DL has zero sacks the last two games and can’t pressure the QB. Miles should have plenty of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Cats
October 6th, 2023, 07:49 AM
Idaho
Montana
Weber

JALMOND
October 8th, 2023, 04:53 AM
After being perfect last week (even with a few scares), I am now up to 42-6 for the year, close to being respectable. Only three games are on the conference schedule this week as half the teams are taking the week off, so with the less amount of games, it should make the chance of perfection again to be rather good. But after the way the games went last week, anything could happen, and some teams could pull some surprises. All games are on Saturday with later than usual kickoffs (no 1pm games). Here are my predictions for this week.

UI at CP---If there is anyone who could threaten the top spot in the conference, it may be the Vandals who started conference play with two good wins and looked good doing it. On the other side, the Mustangs have not looked good and, even with two wins on paper, they've looked rather lost and out of sorts. Surprises do happen, but not here...UI 45, CP 14.

UM at UCD---The Grizzlies recovered from their shocking road loss in the first week of conference play to where they had a shocking close win at home last week. The Aggies looked good on the road last week against an inferior opponent after falling just short at home. Do the Grizzlies finally wake up or do the Aggies take it to them?...UCD 28, UM 20.

NAU at WSU---The most interesting matchup on this short schedule. The Lumberjacks have only one win, yet they have looked really good in conference play so far. The Wildcats, on the other hand, have not, looking out of sorts in their first conference game, then needing some late game heroics to salvage a win. The Wildcats may be the better team, but really?...NAU 34, WSU 28.

2-1 this week, and I am now 44-7 overall. Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them.xlolx

uofmman1122
October 8th, 2023, 09:45 PM
2-1 this week, and I am now 44-7 overall. Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them.xlolx
Please pick the Vandals this week lol