PDA

View Full Version : STATS Poll: 10/02/23

kdinva
October 2nd, 2023, 10:23 AM
https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/10/bison-drop-to-no-7-ranking-coyotes-power-into-stats-perform-fcs-top-25-poll/

1. South Dakota State (4-0, 1-0 MVFC), 1,400 points (56 first-place votes)
2. Montana State (4-1, 2-0 Big Sky), 1,334
3. Idaho (4-1, 2-0 Big Sky), 1,293
4. Sacramento State (4-1, 1-1 Big Sky), 1,145
5. Furman (3-1, 1-0 SoCon), 1,114
6. Southern Illinois (4-0, 1-0 MVFC), 1,104
7. North Dakota State (3-1, 0-1 MVFC), 1,078
8. UIW (3-1, 0-0 Southland), 999
9. Delaware (3-1, 2-0 CAA), 860
10. William & Mary (4-1, 2-1 CAA), 848
11. Western Carolina (4-1, 2-0 SoCon), 721
12. Holy Cross (3-2, 1-0 Patriot), 718
13. Weber State (3-2, 1-1 Big Sky), 624
14. North Carolina Central (4-1, 0-0 MEAC), 572
15. South Dakota (3-1, 1-0 MVFC), 524
16. North Dakota (2-2, 0-1 MVFC), 519
17. Montana (4-1, 1-1 Big Sky), 409
18. UT Martin (4-1, 1-0 Big South-OVC), 393
19. Florida A&M (4-1, 3-0 SWAC), 374
20. UC Davis (3-2, 1-1 Big Sky), 334
21. Harvard (3-0, 1-0 Ivy), 241
22. Eastern Washington (2-3, 1-1 Big Sky), 215
23. Central Arkansas (3-2, 2-0 UAC), 204
24. Chattanooga- (4-1, 3-0 Southern), 167
25. Elon (3-2, 3-0 CAA), 166

Dropped Out: New Hampshire (14),Villanova (16), Youngstown State (23), Rhode Island (24)

Others Receiving Votes (schools listed on two or more ballots): New Hampshire (2-3, 0-2 CAA) 143; Rhode Island (3-2, 2-1 CAA) 119; UAlbany (3-2, 1-0 CAA) 117; Villanova (3-2, 1-1 CAA) 117; Eastern Illinois (4-1, 0-0 Big South-OVC) 79; Northern Iowa (2-2, 1-0 MVFC) 64; Austin Peay (3-2, 1-0 UAC) 62; Tarleton (4-1, 1-0 UAC) 46; Mercer (3-2, 1-1 SoCon) 29; Samford (2-3, 1-2 SoCon) 16; Southeast Missouri (1-3, 1-0 Big South-OVC) 16; Youngstown State (2-2, 0-1 MVFC) 11; Eastern Kentucky (2-3, 1-0 UAC) 10; Fordham (3-2, 0-1 Patriot) 9

SeattleCat
October 2nd, 2023, 10:29 AM
https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/10/bison-drop-to-no-7-ranking-coyotes-power-into-stats-perform-fcs-top-25-poll/

1. South Dakota State (4-0, 1-0 MVFC), 1,400 points (56 first-place votes)
2. Montana State (4-1, 2-0 Big Sky), 1,334
3. Idaho (4-1, 2-0 Big Sky), 1,293
6. Southern Illinois (4-0, 1-0 MVFC), 1,104
8. UIW (3-1, 0-0 Southland), 999
9. Delaware (3-1, 2-0 CAA), 860
11. Western Carolina (4-1, 2-0 SoCon), 721
14. North Carolina Central (4-1, 0-0 MEAC), 572
15. South Dakota (3-1, 1-0 MVFC), 524
16. North Dakota (2-2, 0-1 MVFC), 519
18. UT Martin (4-1, 1-0 Big South-OVC), 393
19. Florida A&M (4-1, 3-0 SWAC), 374
20. UC Davis (3-2, 1-1 Big Sky), 334
21. Harvard (3-0, 1-0 Ivy), 241
22. Eastern Washington (2-3, 1-1 Big Sky), 215
23. Central Arkansas (3-2, 2-0 UAC), 204
24. Chattanooga- (4-1, 3-0 Southern), 167
25. Elon (3-2, 3-0 CAA), 166

Dropped Out: New Hampshire (14),Villanova (16), Youngstown State (23), Rhode Island (24)

Others Receiving Votes (schools listed on two or more ballots): New Hampshire (2-3, 0-2 CAA) 143; Rhode Island (3-2, 2-1 CAA) 119; UAlbany (3-2, 1-0 CAA) 117; Villanova (3-2, 1-1 CAA) 117; Eastern Illinois (4-1, 0-0 Big South-OVC) 79; Northern Iowa (2-2, 1-0 MVFC) 64; Austin Peay (3-2, 1-0 UAC) 62; Tarleton (4-1, 1-0 UAC) 46; Mercer (3-2, 1-1 SoCon) 29; Samford (2-3, 1-2 SoCon) 16; Southeast Missouri (1-3, 1-0 Big South-OVC) 16; Youngstown State (2-2, 0-1 MVFC) 11; Eastern Kentucky (2-3, 1-0 UAC) 10; Fordham (3-2, 0-1 Patriot) 9

I get it's hard to drop a team that won, but they didn't deserve to be there last week and when you have to pull out ALL the stops to beat the worst team in the conference AT HOME, you do not belong on this list. I could almost say the same for W&M, they are way too high. they maybe still belong on the list but more like the end of the list.

Chalupa Batman
October 2nd, 2023, 10:39 AM

https://youtu.be/FacBnTk9uLc?si=2VYuAbreAU7ElIRH

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 10:56 AM
I get it's hard to drop a team that won, but they didn't deserve to be there last week and when you have to pull out ALL the stops to beat the worst team in the conference AT HOME, you do not belong on this list. I could almost say the same for W&M, they are way too high. they maybe still belong on the list but more like the end of the list.

C'mon now... ISU is better than Poly AND Northern Colorado...

I was okay with Sac staying high after the last second loss at Idaho, but after struggling with NAU at home, I'm surprised they didn't drop a bit. They didn't drop any of the upset teams below the team that pulled the upset, apparently deeming them all flukes. W&M is WAY too high, but I've been saying that all year. WCU too low. Weber way too high (I wouldn't even have them ranked). South Dakota being 5pts ahead of North Dakota is crazy to me. UND has home wins over cupcakes and was blown out in their other 2 games (albeit FBS Boise and #1 SDSU), while USD has 1 loss by a similar score to UND's loss to Boise, but to a top 25 FBS Mizzou, and went on the road and beat NDSU, and the W was no fluke - they looked like the better team. Montana at 17 is just... stop looking solely at records, jebus. Albany still getting no love, literally tied in points with the team they just thumped, all because of 2 respectable losses to FBS (the Danes had a 4th quarter lead over Marshall, which is getting a vote or 2 in the FBS Coaches' Poll).

FUBeAR
October 2nd, 2023, 11:01 AM
Previous Ranking: 8; Week 5: 31-30 win over Northern Arizona; Week 6: No game
Previous Ranking: 7; Week 5: No game; Week 6: The Citadel

Northern Arizona is 1-4

Make it make sense to FUBeAR

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2023, 11:09 AM

Northern Arizona is 1-4

I had Sac State at 9 in the prior week and moved them to 7 based on the fact they won and a bunch of people below them lost so I dropped them. I also moved Furman up in my poll based on the teams ahead of them losing. NAU is not a "terrible" team, they had beat that powerhouse of bygone years Montana last week. :D

I still don't have the 4-1 Griz in my poll, if they would have showed up this weekend and made a statement but they barely squeaked by a pretty bad ISU team on Saturday.

Dane96
October 2nd, 2023, 11:14 AM
Albany not being in this poll is an absolute joke.

SeattleCat
October 2nd, 2023, 11:16 AM
C'mon now... ISU is better than Poly AND Northern Colorado...

I was okay with Sac staying high after the last second loss at Idaho, but after struggling with NAU at home, I'm surprised they didn't drop a bit. They didn't drop any of the upset teams below the team that pulled the upset, apparently deeming them all flukes. W&M is WAY too high, but I've been saying that all year. WCU too low. Weber way too high (I wouldn't even have them ranked). South Dakota being 5pts ahead of North Dakota is crazy to me. UND has home wins over cupcakes and was blown out in their other 2 games (albeit FBS Boise and #1 SDSU), while USD has 1 loss by a similar score to UND's loss to Boise, but to a top 25 FBS Mizzou, and went on the road and beat NDSU, and the W was no fluke - they looked like the better team. Montana at 17 is just... stop looking solely at records, jebus. Albany still getting no love, literally tied in points with the team they just thumped, all because of 2 respectable losses to FBS (the Danes had a 4th quarter lead over Marshall, which is getting a vote or 2 in the FBS Coaches' Poll).
I may agree with Poly but NCO not so much.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2023, 11:17 AM
Albany not being in this poll is an absolute joke.Agreed, I had Albany at 15 in mine, maybe a little high but they should be in the top 25 for sure

FUBeAR
October 2nd, 2023, 11:21 AM
I had Sac State at 9 in the prior week and moved them to 7 based on the fact they won and a bunch of people below them lost so I dropped them. I also moved Furman up in my poll based on the teams ahead of them losing. NAU is not a "terrible" team, they had beat that powerhouse of bygone years Montana last week. :D

I still don't have the 4-1 Griz in my poll, if they would have showed up this weekend and made a statement but they barely squeaked by a pretty bad ISU team on Saturday.

So - doesn't sound like you did....but FUBeAR just cannot understand how voters can move SacState ahead of Furman (jump them over) on the basis of a 1 point win over a 1-4 FCS Team vs. an open date. That don't make no kinda sense. Add in that Stanford got destroyed by Oregon and TAMC lost to SFA. Yeah Nicholls won, but over winless McNeese. Meanwhile Mercer dominated and the KSU loss couldn’t matter because everyone knows they are only playing their best Players in 4 games (Chatt, FU, SHSU, and TNST).

Perhaps South Carolina's loss to Tennessee and Idaho's win over barely/newly-ranked EWU made all the difference for the STATS voters.

YEAH RIGHT...Ain't no STATS voters diggin' in like that.

They saw ... Oh ****....we might have to rank a SoCon Team in the Top 4! Those slots are reserved for MVFC and Big Sky Teams...Whew....we can just jump SacState over Furman - and Bob's your uncle - we're all set. WHEW! Crisis averted.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 11:23 AM
I may agree with Poly but NCO not so much.

Well.... the game played between ISU and UNC just 9 days ago disagrees with you. xdontknowx You think if they replayed the game, even on a neutral field, UNC is 15 net points better than what happened on Sept 23rd?

Just to clarify, 2 things can both be true - ISU can be better than NoCo AND... struggling to beat them at home can also be embarrassing. They are not mutually exclusive.

Chalupa Batman
October 2nd, 2023, 11:28 AM

I agree completely.

And I've been beating this drum on other threads as well, but Eastern Kentucky should be ranked as well. Having them barely in the ORV (#38 overall) is an absolute joke also.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2023, 11:43 AM
I agree completely.

And I've been beating this drum on other threads as well, but Eastern Kentucky should be ranked as well. Having them barely in the ORV (#38 overall) is an absolute joke also.Why is that a joke, who have the beat? I got them at about 27 in my poll but I can see excluding them, maybe a win ion a couple weeks (Tarleton) will move them up. They have been competitive but close wins over SEMO and North Alabama isn't real impressive. Their most impressive performance was probably early on at WCU. They have a good chance of running the table because that conference aint exactly full of world beaters, UCA is a tough out but everybody else is pretty average.

Chalupa Batman
October 2nd, 2023, 11:52 AM
Why is that a joke, who have the beat? I got them at about 27 in my poll but I can see excluding them, maybe a win ion a couple weeks (Tarleton) will move them up. They have been competitive but close wins over SEMO and North Alabama isn't real impressive. Their most impressive performance was probably early on at WCU. They have a good chance of running the table because that conference aint exactly full of world beaters, UCA is a tough out but everybody else is pretty average.

They lost about the same way to WCU that Montana State lost to SDSU. They beat SEMO in almost the same way that highly ranked SIU did. They have given FBS Kentucky, #20 in both polls, their closest game of the season so far (they were within 4 in the 4th quarter and none of the Wildcats other opponents have been closer than 16 points in the 4th quarter). North Alabama was at minimum competitive against top 30 teams Mercer, Chattanooga, and UT Martin and EKU's performance against the Lions was arguably better than those other 3 teams' because they jumped out big early and coasted to their 10 point win.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2023, 12:08 PM
They lost about the same way to WCU that Montana State lost to SDSU. They beat SEMO in almost the same way that highly ranked SIU did. They have given FBS Kentucky, #20 in both polls, their closest game of the season so far (they were within 4 in the 4th quarter and none of the Wildcats other opponents have been closer than 16 points in the 4th quarter). North Alabama was at minimum competitive against top 30 teams Mercer, Chattanooga, and UT Martin and EKU's performance against the Lions was arguably better than those other 3 teams' because they jumped out big early and coasted to their 10 point win.I saw where you had them in your poll and that is way too high, I can see them being in the 20-25 range maybe at this point, so what are you gonna do when they blaze through the rest of their **** schedule, have them at #3??? I am not a moral victory type of guy, my guess is when they beat Tarleton, they will crack my top 25 but I am not long on these guys yet.

Chalupa Batman
October 2nd, 2023, 12:21 PM

Northern Arizona is 1-4

Some (but not all) of this is probably due to a fair number of voters having HC & W&M behind Furman but ahead of Sac State, so when they do their typical slot voting Sac State gains 2 points in those polls while Furman doesn't gain any. That scenario at least makes sense as to why Sac gains points on the Paladins.

Also would guess there were polls where it was something like:
2) NDSU
5) Sac State
6/7) Furman
........and the voters with those polls dropped NDSU behind Sac but kept them in front of Furman. That logic makes sense too as to how Sac gains points on Furman, even if the fact that NDSU stayed in front of Furman on those ballots doesn't.

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2023, 12:22 PM

190%

If I had made a poll this week, I would have had you guys ranked higher than Holy Cross.

- Razor thin loss to Marshall, who has wins over Virginia Tech and ODU on their resume. As good a "close loss" as HC to BC IMO
- 2nd close FBS loss to Hawaii. Bad FBS team but a 6,000 mile road trip is a 6,000 mile road trip
- Convincing season-opening win over Fordham, who was ranked last week AND who has an FBS win
- Solid road win at Morgan State, who has a CAA win under their belt and a close FBS loss
- Dominant home win over Villanova, who I think is a fringe Top 25 team at worst. I think 'Nova is about on par with the likes of Elon and Harvard.

Chalupa Batman
October 2nd, 2023, 12:33 PM
I saw where you had them in your poll and that is way too high, I can see them being in the 20-25 range maybe at this point, so what are you gonna do when they blaze through the rest of their **** schedule, have them at #3??? I am not a moral victory type of guy, my guess is when they beat Tarleton, they will crack my top 25 but I am not long on these guys yet.

That's fair that I may have them ranked too high, but I think their results show they have been better than W&M, Eastern Illinois, Illinois State, and Central Arkansas and should be ranked above every one of them.

SeattleCat
October 2nd, 2023, 12:39 PM
Well.... the game played between ISU and UNC just 9 days ago disagrees with you. xdontknowx You think if they replayed the game, even on a neutral field, UNC is 15 net points better than what happened on Sept 23rd?

Just to clarify, 2 things can both be true - ISU can be better than NoCo AND... struggling to beat them at home can also be embarrassing. They are not mutually exclusive.

ISU was at home and I think they had at least 1 more fan there than NoCo so there's that, but all 3 are perennial bottom dwellers so we're really probably splitting hairs.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 12:59 PM
ISU was at home and I think they had at least 1 more fan there than NoCo so there's that, but all 3 are perennial bottom dwellers so we're really probably splitting hairs.

Definitely splitting hairs. The bottom-3 are pretty bad. I just don't think ISU's home environment is worth 15 points. Their website claims 8k in attendance, but I would be absolutely shocked if that was remotely accurate for what was an 0-3 team hosting another winless, perennial cellar-dweller. Unless the fans saw it as their only chance to see a W and seized the opportunity.

FUBeAR
October 2nd, 2023, 01:11 PM
Some (but not all) of this is probably due to a fair number of voters having HC & W&M behind Furman but ahead of Sac State, so when they do their typical slot voting Sac State gains 2 points in those polls while Furman doesn't gain any. That scenario at least makes sense as to why Sac gains points on the Paladins.

Also would guess there were polls where it was something like:
2) NDSU
5) Sac State
6/7) Furman
........and the voters with those polls dropped NDSU behind Sac but kept them in front of Furman. That logic makes sense too as to how Sac gains points on Furman, even if the fact that NDSU stayed in front of Furman on those ballots doesn't.
Ahhh…I see… so it’s possible that SacState could ‘jump’ Furman without a single voter who had SacState behind Furman changing that order. Dang - wouldn’t have thought about it that way.

so…it doesn’t make logical sense or football sense, but it makes math sense.

FUBeAR always hated Math.

THANKS!

MR. CHICKEN
October 2nd, 2023, 01:20 PM
https://youtu.be/FacBnTk9uLc?si=2VYuAbreAU7ElIRH

....MONTANA...OVER-RATED @ 4-1.......WOW!...TUMBLEWEEDERS.....ARE TOUGH CROWD...AWK!

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 01:36 PM
....MONTANA...OVER-RATED @ 4-1.......WOW!...TUMBLEWEEDERS.....ARE TOUGH CROWD...AWK!

I have watched much of UM's games, just due to being on in local watering holes and on the local channels. From what I've seen, if that is the 17th best team in the nation, it is a very down year for FCS. Butler (only wins are PFL teams, NAIA or DIII) was within a score until halfway thru the 4th, they thumped UTU (like everyone except NAU), eked by #1 in DII Ferris (FAMU thumped #7 West Florida for comparison), LOST to an NAU team that lost to the UTU that everyone was pounding, and had bottom feeder ISU-o hanging around the entire game. They DID make a QB change in the ISU-o game, which may put some life in their offense, but I suspect they lose to Davis this weekend.

clenz
October 2nd, 2023, 01:36 PM
Definitely splitting hairs. The bottom-3 are pretty bad. I just don't think ISU's home environment is worth 15 points. Their website claims 8k in attendance, but I would be absolutely shocked if that was remotely accurate for what was an 0-3 team hosting another winless, perennial cellar-dweller. Unless the fans saw it as their only chance to see a W and seized the opportunity.
I watched a bit of it - I was actually impressed by the number of people there. I don't know if it was 8K because I don['t know that stadium well enough to judge from TV, but it was a hell of a lot more than you'd think would be there.

Also, when does UNI get the same boost Montana does for beating Idaho State? We beat Idaho State, in Idaho, 41-17 and it was 27-2 at half and 41-10 until a garbage time TD by ISU. UNI threw for as many yards as Montana had total.

If only we a ****ing bottom of the barrel PFL team, a horrific Utah Tech, and Ferris State rather than Iowa State and Weber State for our OOC games we too could be vastly overrated at 3-1

Actually, we might be a vastly overrated 4-0 with that schedule and beating YSU over the weekend.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 01:42 PM
I watched a bit of it - I was actually impressed by the number of people there. I don't know if it was 8K because I don['t know that stadium well enough to judge from TV, but it was a hell of a lot more than you'd think would be there.

Also, when does UNI get the same boost Montana does for beating Idaho State? We beat Idaho State, in Idaho, 41-17 and it was 27-2 at half and 41-10 until a garbage time TD by ISU. UNI threw for as many yards as Montana had total.

If only we a ****ing bottom of the barrel PFL team, a horrific Utah Tech, and Ferris State rather than Iowa State and Weber State for our OOC games we too could be vastly overrated at 3-1

Actually, we might be a vastly overrated 4-0 with that schedule and beating YSU over the weekend.

You watched the ISU-o vs NoCo game or ISU-o vs UNI game? If the former........ why??? Holt Arena's capacity is 12k for context. Did it appear 2/3 full?

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2023, 01:46 PM

When I was sitting here pondering my poll, I knew the clueless would reward Montana for that clown show victory against a really bad team. It feels good to be right once in a while. I almost snuck UNI in my poll and was gonna use the rout of ISU by UNI as a reason. Montana has beaten nobody, and they have beaten nobody pretty unconvincingly.

If NDSU beats MoST by one score I am gonna knick them in next weeks poll as well.

clenz
October 2nd, 2023, 01:51 PM
You watched the ISU-o vs NoCo game or ISU-o vs UNI game? If the former........ why??? Holt Arena's capacity is 12k for context. Did it appear 2/3 full?
I watch a lot of ESPN+. It's all I watch outside of YouTube creators. I **** you not no one will believe how many random events I watch, but I have so many texts/group chats with people where I talk about what I'm watching, what is happening, facilities, uniforms, etc. I bounce around so many events on a nightly basis. I don't care if it's men's or women's or the sport. I watch so much ****. Some actively some as background. The number of screenshots I have of insanely random events that maybe 8 other people are watching on ESPN+ would be considered problematic by 99.999% of the population

It was the ISUO/UNC game I watched. Part of it was UNI had just played them the week before, some if it was I just watch a hell of a lot of sports. I have a screenshot somewhere on my phone of the crowd because I mentioned it to one of my group text groups as it was happening. They may also just be really good at strategically micing the crowd as well but it was fairly loud

Edit: found one of the screenshots I took. Again maybe it isn't quite 8K but it’s a hell of a lot more than you’d expect and both sides are clearly pretty damn full
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231002/a9b903e3ed302a4494cb2bb3ff53d1cb.jpg

clenz
October 2nd, 2023, 01:52 PM
When I was sitting here pondering my poll, I knew the clueless would reward Montana for that clown show victory against a really bad team. It feels good to be right once in a while. I almost snuck UNI in my poll and was gonna use the rout of ISU by UNI as a reason. Montana has beaten nobody, and they have beaten nobody pretty unconvincingly.

If NDSU beats MoST by one score I am gonna knick them in next weeks poll as well.
To be clear, I'm not advocating ranking UNI. The Iowa State and Weber games were ugly in about 10000 different ways. Beating Idaho State shouldn't be worth any consideration either. The YSU win might get to having some weight but not enough to offset the first two weeks.

It's just funny as hell Montana gets all the credit for a one score win, at home, against them but UNI curbing them on the road from the opening kick is dismissed as "ISU is a bad team"

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 02:56 PM
To be clear, I'm not advocating ranking UNI. The Iowa State and Weber games were ugly in about 10000 different ways. Beating Idaho State shouldn't be worth any consideration either. The YSU win might get to having some weight but not enough to offset the first two weeks.

It's just funny as hell Montana gets all the credit for a one score win, at home, against them but UNI curbing them on the road from the opening kick is dismissed as "ISU is a bad team"

That's a surprisingly full crowd. Slow day in Pocatello apparently.

I've been on team "Stop ranking the f'ing Gristles" for a minute now, with "ISU is a bad team" as further support for my case, FWIW. I think the wool is removed from a few voters' eyes in over the next 2 weeks @Davis and @Idaho.

SeattleCat
October 2nd, 2023, 03:10 PM
I watch a lot of ESPN+. It's all I watch outside of YouTube creators. I **** you not no one will believe how many random events I watch, but I have so many texts/group chats with people where I talk about what I'm watching, what is happening, facilities, uniforms, etc. I bounce around so many events on a nightly basis. I don't care if it's men's or women's or the sport. I watch so much ****. Some actively some as background. The number of screenshots I have of insanely random events that maybe 8 other people are watching on ESPN+ would be considered problematic by 99.999% of the population

It was the ISUO/UNC game I watched. Part of it was UNI had just played them the week before, some if it was I just watch a hell of a lot of sports. I have a screenshot somewhere on my phone of the crowd because I mentioned it to one of my group text groups as it was happening. They may also just be really good at strategically micing the crowd as well but it was fairly loud

Edit: found one of the screenshots I took. Again maybe it isn't quite 8K but it’s a hell of a lot more than you’d expect and both sides are clearly pretty damn full
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231002/a9b903e3ed302a4494cb2bb3ff53d1cb.jpg

HOLY****! That has to be a record, I didn't even think they had enough fans to fill half of their high school stadium.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2023, 04:06 PM
HOLY****! That has to be a record, I didn't even think they had enough fans to fill half of their high school stadium.

And a lot are wearing orange, like they actually INTENDED to go to the game and not that someone told them there was a concert to dupe them into coming!

clenz
October 2nd, 2023, 10:41 PM

I’ve been impressed with every game I’ve watched of theirs. If they are 2-7 who know what it looks like in November but that crowd is standard so far this year.

Genuinely impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2023, 05:40 AM

UNI is an Ivy? Who knew…. I almost snuck UNI in at 25 but like you said nope not yet

Is the attendance down for your games? I ask that question based on maybe the Weber St game and what appeared to be a sparse showing

clenz
October 3rd, 2023, 09:08 AM
UNI is an Ivy? Who knew…. I almost snuck UNI in at 25 but like you said nope not yet

Is the attendance down for your games? I ask that question based on maybe the Weber St game and what appeared to be a sparse showing
A topic I could rant about for hours, but yes. To be fair before I say anything else - that was also Cy-Hawk day in Iowa. The fact we ever play a home game Cy-Hawk weekend is dumb as hell...but that ties directly into:

Our AD has done everything he can do to kill UNI athletics and fans on every single level imaginable.

A single ticket to Weber ran $40 plus fees.
Want to go see UNI **** stomp WIU one last time as Valley member? That will be a minimum of $40 plus fees per ticket
Want to see a decent game and go to UND? That'll be $45 plus fees

That's the very tip of the ice burg with UNI athletics and our dip**** sorry excuse of an athletic director. He's gone into full hiding and doesn't make any public appearances or statements anymore because he just gets **** on by UNI fans - and a much larger community of sports people at this point, but I don't need to get into that here. Our own AD won't comment on anything athletics related. He pulls in a PR spokesman from the university side to do all of the talking.

SeattleCat
October 3rd, 2023, 09:35 AM
I’ve been impressed with every game I’ve watched of theirs. If they are 2-7 who ones what it looks like in November but that crowd is it standard so far this year.

Genuinely impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd really like to know what lit the fire in Pocatello, I have never seen that much fanbase support for them.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2023, 10:42 AM
A topic I could rant about for hours, but yes. To be fair before I say anything else - that was also Cy-Hawk day in Iowa. The fact we ever play a home game Cy-Hawk weekend is dumb as hell...but that ties directly into:

Our AD has done everything he can do to kill UNI athletics and fans on every single level imaginable.

A single ticket to Weber ran $40 plus fees.
Want to go see UNI **** stomp WIU one last time as Valley member? That will be a minimum of $40 plus fees per ticket
Want to see a decent game and go to UND? That'll be $45 plus fees

That's the very tip of the ice burg with UNI athletics and our dip**** sorry excuse of an athletic director. He's gone into full hiding and doesn't make any public appearances or statements anymore because he just gets **** on by UNI fans - and a much larger community of sports people at this point, but I don't need to get into that here. Our own AD won't comment on anything athletics related. He pulls in a PR spokesman from the university side to do all of the talking.

I’m glad I asked because I and probably a lot of others didn’t know any of that

clenz
October 3rd, 2023, 11:09 AM
I’m glad I asked because I and probably a lot of others didn’t know any of that
There are thousands on thousands of posts over the last 5-6 years about our AD on PantherNation and Twitter by a number of people that care deeply about UNI. It's getting to the point of a full mutiny from the fans. I'm known for the ability to make longer posts when I care to. However, when I say I'd find what the character limit on an AGS message is I genuinely mean it. His level of ineptitude and chicken**** has reached levels that not a single person in the world would look at and go "Yeah, he should still have a job". Yet somehow, he's received a contract extension and is getting the point in that extension where he either needs to sign another one or a search needs to be thought about for his replacement as he's down to under 18 months. I don't get into too many conspiracy theories, but I genuinely believe he was put in place but the Iowa Board of Regents to slowly kill everything UNI athletics related. To mortally cripple UNI's ability to continue to operate as a D1 university that would "justify" state funding. To turn UNI into a Western Illinois, Eastern Washington, etc. or force a drop to sub D1. The state of Iowa hates UNI and will do everything possible to keep it from being properly funded and taken care of. Planting someone like David ****ing Harris to slowly "death by a thousand paper cuts" the athletic department is so ****ing obvious at this point.

There is not a single donor that likes him - which is why he can't fund raise for ****. Well, that and he has the personality of a ****ing corpse. There is not a single coach that likes him. I have some pretty damn inside information to the levels of contempt every single coach at UNI feels towards him. The levels that our coaches go to spite him in the petty little **** they do/say. Things that to a "normal" person wouldn't seem like much, but it's a bit of a dog whistle to anyone that knows what to look for to say how ****ing ****ty he is at his job. It's not a coincidence he was hired in Feb of 2016 and the last 7 years have been progressively worse and worse and worse.

bobcathpdevil56
October 3rd, 2023, 05:58 PM
There are thousands on thousands of posts over the last 5-6 years about our AD on PantherNation and Twitter by a number of people that care deeply about UNI. It's getting to the point of a full mutiny from the fans. I'm known for the ability to make longer posts when I care to. However, when I say I'd find what the character limit on an AGS message is I genuinely mean it. His level of ineptitude and chicken**** has reached levels that not a single person in the world would look at and go "Yeah, he should still have a job". Yet somehow, he's received a contract extension and is getting the point in that extension where he either needs to sign another one or a search needs to be thought about for his replacement as he's down to under 18 months. I don't get into too many conspiracy theories, but I genuinely believe he was put in place but the Iowa Board of Regents to slowly kill everything UNI athletics related. To mortally cripple UNI's ability to continue to operate as a D1 university that would "justify" state funding. To turn UNI into a Western Illinois, Eastern Washington, etc. or force a drop to sub D1. The state of Iowa hates UNI and will do everything possible to keep it from being properly funded and taken care of. Planting someone like David ****ing Harris to slowly "death by a thousand paper cuts" the athletic department is so ****ing obvious at this point.

There is not a single donor that likes him - which is why he can't fund raise for ****. Well, that and he has the personality of a ****ing corpse. There is not a single coach that likes him. I have some pretty damn inside information to the levels of contempt every single coach at UNI feels towards him. The levels that our coaches go to spite him in the petty little **** they do/say. Things that to a "normal" person wouldn't seem like much, but it's a bit of a dog whistle to anyone that knows what to look for to say how ****ing ****ty he is at his job. It's not a coincidence he was hired in Feb of 2016 and the last 7 years have been progressively worse and worse and worse.

I saw/read what he did to the wrestling team. Forced them out of the gym on campus and across town to a makeshift practice area. From my little experience with UNI and mostly focused on wrestling, he is doing his best to get rid of that team at least.