The season is halfway though already?

All times below at 1:00 pm

Lafayette (4-1) at Princeton (2-1)
Holy Cross (3-2) at Bucknell (1-3)
Georgetown (3-2) at Pennsylvania (2-1)
Lehigh (1-4) at Fordham (3-2)

crusader11
October 1st, 2023, 04:05 PM
Okay, Lafayette, you guys think you are good — show me time at Princeton this weekend.

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 04:10 PM
Okay, Lafayette, you guys think you are good — show me time at Princeton this weekend.I had heard Princeton was mediocre. Is that not the case?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Bill
October 1st, 2023, 04:10 PM
Okay, Lafayette, you guys think you are good — show me time at Princeton this weekend.

Reminiscing about old posters...wasn't Princeton like the boogey man for Carney?

Franks Tanks
October 1st, 2023, 04:17 PM
Reminiscing about old posters...wasn't Princeton like the boogey man for Carney?

Yes, and speaking of, Carney2 hasn’t posted since March of 2021. Hope he’s ok!

crusader11
October 1st, 2023, 04:23 PM
I thought about voting Lafayette in my top 25 this week. Couldn’t do it just yet. Right in the 26-30 range.

leopardball2010
October 1st, 2023, 04:58 PM
I thought about voting Lafayette in my top 25 this week. Couldn’t do it just yet. Right in the 26-30 range.After the last decade I'll take it!!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bonarae
October 1st, 2023, 05:11 PM
Lafayette
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 05:53 PM
I thought about voting Lafayette in my top 25 this week. Couldn’t do it just yet. Right in the 26-30 range.Probably seems about right.

The Cats
October 1st, 2023, 06:28 PM

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2023, 07:03 PM
Princeton
Holy Cross
Penn
Fordham

Wolffan
October 1st, 2023, 08:19 PM
Princeton
Holy Cross 60-0
Pennsylvania
Fordham

Holy Cross has not forgotten the outrageous conduct of Bucknell in the Spring of 2021...which explains the 57-0 2022 beatdown.

MUHAWKS
October 1st, 2023, 10:55 PM
I had heard Princeton was mediocre. Is that not the case?

Only "comparative" results to go on for two weeks but Bryant beat Princeton and held them to 13 points. Bryant is not awful but got manhandled by an FBS, beat LIU by 11 lost to Brown and got smoked by URI. Princeton beat Columbia 10-7 and needed like four 4th down conversions on their final drive and some Columbia mistakes to do so. Lafayette beat Columbia 24-3 and looked good doing it. I was at The Princeton/Columbia game and Columbia out played them. So Princeton has scored 23 points total in 2 games and I am 100% sure Lafayette's defense is better than Bryant and Columbia. I would not be shocked to see The Tigers turn it on somehow but they got manhandled at times against the run versus Columbia. So yes Princeton is mediocre and the matchup strongly favors the Pards-

gravalico
October 2nd, 2023, 05:21 AM
Only "comparative" results to go on for two weeks but Bryant beat Princeton and held them to 13 points. Bryant is not awful but got manhandled by an FBS, beat LIU by 11 lost to Brown and got smoked by URI. Princeton beat Columbia 10-7 and needed like four 4th down conversions on their final drive and some Columbia mistakes to do so. Lafayette beat Columbia 24-3 and looked good doing it. I was at The Princeton/Columbia game and Columbia out played them. So Princeton has scored 23 points total in 2 games and I am 100% sure Lafayette's defense is better than Bryant and Columbia. I would not be shocked to see The Tigers turn it on somehow but they got manhandled at times against the run versus Columbia. So yes Princeton is mediocre and the matchup strongly favors the Pards-Yeah that's what I thought but Crusader is suggesting this is some sort of "show me" game. Had me second guessing. Thanks for the analysis Hawks.

gravalico
October 2nd, 2023, 05:23 AM
Lafayette (Roll Pards!)

HC

Penn

Fordham

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2023, 06:03 AM
Lafayette 30 Princeton 27 (OT)
Holy Cross 41 Bucknell 20 => if Bison come to play, I say this game shaking out like the Merrimack game. 'Saders roll in the 2nd half.
Penn 27 Georgetown 10
Fordham 45 Lehigh 27

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 07:41 AM

Yes indeed Bill. He and I both despise Princeton. And my antipathy to Penn is way up there. I dont have anything against Harvard, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Columbia. Cornell is affected by a personal issue (former boss!) so Im not counting that!

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 07:43 AM

Yikes...gets me thinking...

- - - Updated - - -

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 07:48 AM
I thought about voting Lafayette in my top 25 this week. Couldn’t do it just yet. Right in the 26-30 range.

Thank you and agree. If we can get the win Saturday would you move us into 25? And that would set up an epic Worcester Wildone!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you and agree. If we can get the win Saturday would you move us into 25? And that would set up an epic Worcester Wildone!

- - - Updated - - -

After the last decade I'll take it!!!

Hey if we beat Princeton I heard Killer B's might make appearance here!

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 07:51 AM
Princeton
Holy Cross
Penn
Fordham

I respect your sage observations...What do you think score will be with your pick. You, sir, are no homer.

Go Green
October 2nd, 2023, 08:12 AM
I had heard Princeton was mediocre. Is that not the case?

Princeton's defense this year is excellent.

But Princeton's offense is well-below traditional Tiger standards.

crusader11
October 2nd, 2023, 09:18 AM
Non-conference schedules are beginning to wrap up. Here's how the league has performed through five weeks --

13-15 overall

1-0 v. PFL
1-0 v. SoCon
6-1 v. NEC
3-6 v. Ivy
1-4 v. CAA
1-4 v. FBS

We have seven opportunities left in the non-conference. 4 Ivy (Penn, Cornell, Dartmouth, Princeton), 1 FBS (Army), 1 CAA (Stony Brook), 1 PFL (Marist). 2-5 or 3-4 seems likely.

MUHAWKS
October 2nd, 2023, 09:22 AM
Yeah that's what I thought but Crusader is suggesting this is some sort of "show me" game. Had me second guessing. Thanks for the analysis Hawks.

I think he means (or what it could mean) is that it is on the road against a team that would NOT want to lose to a PL, who has underperformed and "should" be up and looking to play a good game as 1-2 with a couple IVY teams looking good would not be good for them. If indeed The Tigers will show life it should be this week. Also, every team sort of lays an egg from time to time and this would sort of setup as that game for the Pards, so from the standpoint of all that a Pards win would sort of be like Albays win last week where it is no longer a show me story and cannot be taken lightly. But I do not think people truly understad how good The Lafayette defense is. I am not saying the 85 Bears but a legitimate FCS defense who its tough to go on long drives agaist and wont get outflanked. Couple that with an offense that seems to be gaining steam and confidence and Princeton better not think they are playing some average PL team b/c if so it could be ugly..

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2023, 09:41 AM
Only "comparative" results to go on for two weeks but Bryant beat Princeton and held them to 13 points. Bryant is not awful but got manhandled by an FBS, beat LIU by 11 lost to Brown and got smoked by URI. Princeton beat Columbia 10-7 and needed like four 4th down conversions on their final drive and some Columbia mistakes to do so. Lafayette beat Columbia 24-3 and looked good doing it. I was at The Princeton/Columbia game and Columbia out played them. So Princeton has scored 23 points total in 2 games and I am 100% sure Lafayette's defense is better than Bryant and Columbia. I would not be shocked to see The Tigers turn it on somehow but they got manhandled at times against the run versus Columbia. So yes Princeton is mediocre and the matchup strongly favors the Pards-

Totally agree with you on Princeton. Have not been at all impressed with the Tigers thus far. Any road game can be challenging, but I think Lafayette heads out there as the clear favorite. I watched the Columbia game too -- hats off to you for sticking out that awful weather Friday night.

I'm not sure a road win over Princeton would be enough for me to consider them a Top 25 team just yet, but I think the Leopards have another pretty big game coming up soon after.

Franks Tanks
October 2nd, 2023, 09:55 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, unfortunately. I’m speculating here, but Paul Reinhardt, who covered Lafayette Football for the Morning Call, passed away in March of 21. Perhaps Paul was Carney2?

crusader11
October 2nd, 2023, 10:00 AM
I think he means (or what it could mean) is that it is on the road against a team that would NOT want to lose to a PL, who has underperformed and "should" be up and looking to play a good game as 1-2 with a couple IVY teams looking good would not be good for them. If indeed The Tigers will show life it should be this week. Also, every team sort of lays an egg from time to time and this would sort of setup as that game for the Pards, so from the standpoint of all that a Pards win would sort of be like Albays win last week where it is no longer a show me story and cannot be taken lightly. But I do not think people truly understad how good The Lafayette defense is. I am not saying the 85 Bears but a legitimate FCS defense who its tough to go on long drives agaist and wont get outflanked. Couple that with an offense that seems to be gaining steam and confidence and Princeton better not think they are playing some average PL team b/c if so it could be ugly..

Pretty much nailed it, HAWKS. Princeton has dominated the PL over the past ten years or so.

They've defeated Lafayette in 12 straight meetings. Last Lafayette win was in 2003.

For Lafayette to go on the road and pick up a win -- even if Princeton is a little down this year -- would really show me something. Certainly would be the defining win of the Troxell era, IMO.

Franks Tanks
October 2nd, 2023, 10:12 AM
Pretty much nailed it, HAWKS. Princeton has dominated the PL over the past ten years or so.

They've defeated Lafayette in 12 straight meetings. Last Lafayette win was in 2003.

For Lafayette to go on the road and pick up a win -- even if Princeton is a little down this year -- would really show me something. Certainly would be the defining win of the Troxell era, IMO.

Well said, the Pard’s are 4-44-3 against the Tigers all time. Our campuses are an hour apart, and historically Lafayette and Princeton players came from the same schools/parts of the country. (Less so over the last 20 years due to Princeton’s national recruiting). And many Pard players over the years had been rejected by Old Nassau.

Bottom line we don’t like them, and any win over Princeton is big and significant. I know Princeton gives little thought to Lafayette.

gravalico
October 2nd, 2023, 10:21 AM

For Lafayette to go on the road and pick up a win -- even if Princeton is a little down this year -- would really show me something. Certainly would be the defining win of the Troxell era, IMO.Got it! Yeah they've had our number for a long time. The good news is Trox and Mike St. Germain played through that crap so they will also have a corresponding chip on their shoulder. I congratulated Trox for the Bucknell wi. He responded by thanking me but he acknowledged that the hardest part of their schedule starts this week. So he views Princeton the same way. He said "we still have lots of work to do". The difference is this year (and said by this guy), I believe it. They are working to get better. I'd start with special teams myself. I did not say that to him.

gravalico
October 2nd, 2023, 10:34 AM
Well said, the Pard’s are 4-44-3 against the Tigers all time. Our campuses are an hour apart, and historically Lafayette and Princeton players came from the same schools/parts of the country. (Less so over the last 20 years due to Princeton’s national recruiting). And many Pard players over the years had been rejected by Old Nassau.

Bottom line we don’t like them, and any win over Princeton is big and significant. I know Princeton gives little thought to Lafayette.My most vivid Princeton memory was when we played them in 92. It was Erik Marsh vs. Keith Elias. Never been part of a game, before or since, where the end result was completely dictated by who had the ball last. Couple of all American running backs just trading blows. Alas, they had the ball last. 38-35 I think. Effing Tigers.

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 11:41 AM
Yes, unfortunately. I’m speculating here, but Paul Reinhardt, who covered Lafayette Football for the Morning Call, passed away in March of 21. Perhaps Paul was Carney2?

Hmm not so sure. I mean I met him once 15 years ago. He secured me a ticket when there was a run for the 2008 game. I met him at CHT before game to pay him and collect ticket and have some cold ones. He really did look like Carney! Im trying to remember Paul picture in Express-Times (which I think they pulled years before we met and just went with his byline). I can tell you he didnt introduce himself as PR lol. We sat with friends of his on that chilly day (30 high I recall) for a disappointing 30-15 loss iirc. Im trying to remember what his friends called him (wasnt Carney - a first name!)

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 11:43 AM
Hey folks going to Princeton game. I will have on my arm whats in my profile pic - meaning the leopard not the ladies (they were Eli Steward's friends from his HS in Galloway who showed up for Temple last year and "posed with the pard". Let me tell you, this pard is better than Ken Jeung's pig!!)

Doc QB
October 2nd, 2023, 11:51 AM
Hmm not so sure. I mean I met him once 15 years ago. He secured me a ticket when there was a run for the 2008 game. I met him at CHT before game to pay him and collect ticket and have some cold ones. He really did look like Carney! Im trying to remember Paul picture in Express-Times (which I think they pulled years before we met and just went with his byline). I can tell you he didnt introduce himself as PR lol. We sat with friends of his on that chilly day (30 high I recall) for a disappointing 30-15 loss iirc. Im trying to remember what his friends called him (wasnt Carney - a first name!)
Paul was a patient of mine.
His appointments would last well over an hour, two minutes medical, 60+ Lehigh and Lafayette.
I mentioned my handle on AGS, he did not reply as if he was Carney or ever read it.
He HATED Garrett.
Super fun guy. Played tennis into later life. Did not pass from what I was treating him for, essentially inoperable at his age and station in life.
Loved his appointments even if it made me late for rest of day.

Franks Tanks
October 2nd, 2023, 11:56 AM

- - - Updated - - -

His appointments would last well over an hour, two minutes medical, 60+ Lehigh and Lafayette.
I mentioned my handle on AGS, he did not reply as if he was Carney or ever read it.
He HATED Garrett.
Super fun guy. Played tennis into later life. Did not pass from what I was treating him for, essentially inoperable at his age and station in life.

Hopefully I’m wrong on the Paul = Carney2 hypothesis!

gravalico
October 2nd, 2023, 12:08 PM
Hopefully I’m wrong on the Paul = Carney2 hypothesis!It would be just like Carney to show up out of the blue and say, "reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". Then again, if the Pards recent performances don't pull him out of hiding...

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 01:05 PM
He HATED Garrett.

Thanks Doc! True tribute. Yeah I would imagine the appts would go that way with you two. Im sure your appointments folks knew to block an hour for Mr. Paul! Hey you could be my doc and we would have that conversation. Im trying to get to 50 games! Every year since my frosh year for the WHOLE game (who could say that about 1987?!).

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 01:07 PM
It would be just like Carney to show up out of the blue and say, "reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". Then again, if the Pards recent performances don't pull him out of hiding...

The recent performances have to I would say if he is in hiding

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 2nd, 2023, 02:15 PM
Princeton
Holy Cross 60-0
Pennsylvania
Fordham

Holy Cross has not forgotten the outrageous conduct of Bucknell in the Spring of 2021...which explains the 57-0 2022 beatdown.

What is the story?

crusader11
October 2nd, 2023, 02:34 PM
What is the story?

Bucknell allowed the parents and family members of Bucknell players to attend the game, but did not allow any Holy Cross parents to attend. Very dangerous to have Holy Cross parents scattered about their open-air stadium, I guess.

All in the name of health or safety or something like that.

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 02:37 PM
Bucknell allowed the parents and family members of Bucknell players to attend the game, but did not allow any Holy Cross parents to attend. Very dangerous to have Holy Cross parents scattered about their open-air stadium, I guess.

All in the name of health or safety or something like that.

Good grief there is plenty of social distancing in that stadium

IslandPard
October 2nd, 2023, 02:42 PM
Princeton's defense this year is excellent.

But Princeton's offense is well-below traditional Tiger standards.

Princeton is top 5 in rushing defense. If we exclude the Duke game, we'd be right up there as well and top 10 in rushing O. It should be a good game. But, like all Pard fans, we'll stay cautiously optimistic until after the game.

MUHAWKS
October 2nd, 2023, 04:27 PM
Princeton is top 5 in rushing defense. If we exclude the Duke game, we'd be right up there as well and top 10 in rushing O. It should be a good game. But, like all Pard fans, we'll stay cautiously optimistic until after the game.

Monmouth has been a top rushing team for years- not saying top "team" but we run the ball well and rack up yards: The list below of Monmouth NET rushing totals this year should speak volumes:

@FAU (FBS) - 112 yards

@ Towson- 200 yards

Campbell - 212 yards

@ Lafayette - 59 yards

Lehigh - 231 yards

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2023, 09:14 PM

For the record, Paul was not carney. I have met carney, and so has Ivytalk. Not surprised that he has not posted since then. March 2021 was when our board was shutdown by someone with an agenda. C2 probably quit - no Pard football for a year, we had this dodo three-game schedule and an uninspiring coach and direction. It took a lot for me to get back on here and think about football again so it's possible. Bogus is also MIA... this game was the boogey man for both of them. As C2 would rightly say, this is a curse game... the curse of curse game. We do not beat Princeton. It just does not happen. We should have beaten them multiple times in 23 years during the Frank era: two wins and several bumbling losses with the rest being outclassed.

Sure Princeton may not 'look good' and we may ripped the cupcake of cupcakes in FCS... but this is going to be a dog fight. Lafayette is facing Princeton as much as we are facing Lafayette. Bring your popcorn, voodoo dolls, Tiger dolls with pins, onions... whatever... this is going to be a toss-up.

MUHAWKS
October 2nd, 2023, 09:27 PM
For the record, Paul was not carney. I have met carney, and so has Ivytalk. Not surprised that he has not posted since then. March 2021 was when our board was shutdown by someone with an agenda. C2 probably quit - no Pard football for a year, we had this dodo three-game schedule and an uninspiring coach and direction. It took a lot for me to get back on here and think about football again so it's possible. Bogus is also MIA... this game was the boogey man for both of them. As C2 would rightly say, this is a curse game... the curse of curse game. We do not beat Princeton. It just does not happen. We should have beaten them multiple times in 23 years during the Frank era: two wins and several bumbling losses with the rest being outclassed.

Sure Princeton may not 'look good' and we may ripped the cupcake of cupcakes in FCS... but this is going to be a dog fight. Lafayette is facing Princeton as much as we are facing Lafayette. Bring your popcorn, voodoo dolls, Tiger dolls with pins, onions... whatever... this is going to be a toss-up.

That is the point though right? When a program finally breaks through they do stuff they never did. That is why that HC guy said beat Princeton and talk to me, NOT b/c Princeton is so great b/c of what you said and I agree and get it 100%- Happened with our program (monmouth) for years it was just finally beat a Patriot league team (early NEC days) then it was get by a raked team, then it was Kennesaw. Clearly not the same history but I understand and it is why ANY win on the road this week by The Pards is a big deal even if The Tigers are not what they were recently. Now with all that said all this game really matters for is poll movement, doing something that doesnt happen oftsen and momentum b/c the truth is the game means very little- All that matters is 10/21 against HC. I am saying that b/c I just do not think a 9-2 Pards team runner up in The PL will be given the benefit of the doubt but I could be wrong. A lot of that could depend on how much you win other games by and how close a cross loss was. But the reason I think a 9-2 Pards team misses out is b/c 9-2 would mean losing to cross (making the assumption for argument sake win all others and lose to them) but anyway it would come at a time where other teams are moving up and it would keep Lafayette in the low receiving votes area with not enough firepower left (even Fordham) to move up to ranked. I am not saying a team needs to be ranked to make it as an at large but I just feel the committee would screw you.. All meaningless banter for now anyway and I am a fan of lafayayette, not literally but I like this team and think they are dangerous.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2023, 09:31 PM
Ranking the Lafayette curse of curse opponents.

1. Princeton - no excuse for what has happened
2. Harvard - so many lopsided scores
3. Penn - Frank figured these guys out, but the history says otherwise
4. Yale - we did not beat them until 2000s?
5. Cornell, Brown, Dartmouth - we played Cornell occassionaly back in the day and Brown, Dartmouth... not enough games.

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2023, 08:14 AM

Im bringing the stuffed leopard and some trash bags! Im good P4L!

IslandPard
October 3rd, 2023, 08:43 AM
I hear what you're saying and appreciate some LC love on here (we'd have to go 10-1 for most to give us credit). However, I'm not worried about Princeton, Holy Cross, or Fordham because they're supposed to be games we should lose or at least be a toss-up. I'm worried about GT (Who always gives us problems) and Lehigh (you know why). If we go 7-4 losing to PU, FU, & HC, it's still a major improvement in only Trox's second year.

The PL, as always, will come down to who is healthiest towards the end of the year.

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2023, 09:12 AM
I hear what you're saying and appreciate some LC love on here (we'd have to go 10-1 for most to give us credit). However, I'm not worried about Princeton, Holy Cross, or Fordham because they're supposed to be games we should lose or at least be a toss-up. I'm worried about GT (Who always gives us problems) and Lehigh (you know why). If we go 7-4 losing to PU, FU, & HC, it's still a major improvement in only Trox's second year.

The PL, as always, will come down to who is healthiest towards the end of the year.

True 7-4 if we beat Lehigh great 2nd year

crusader11
October 3rd, 2023, 09:20 AM

Still a long way to go, as you aptly say, but it's crazy to think that it seems like Lafayette is trending towards their first better than .500 season since 2009. Crazy to think.

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 10:19 AM
True 7-4 if we beat Lehigh great 2nd yearAt this point, while 7-4 represents a solid improvement, I'd be disappointed. Voodoo aside I think we're supposed to beat Princeton. And we're certainly supposed to beat Georgetown. We're supposed to lose to Fordham and HC. I wouldn't have thought this way at the start of the season but now that we've seen what this team is capable of to lose to teams we should beat would feel like wasted opportunities.

Sader87
October 3rd, 2023, 05:34 PM
To give you Lafayette boys some hope, Yale had been our boogeyman forever....worse than even BC. I think we were like 4-27 until we've now won 4 0f the last 5 against The Eli

Mike296
October 3rd, 2023, 05:40 PM
The season is halfway though already?

All times below at 1:00 pm

Lafayette
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham

I know it’s par for the course that the Hoya’s are usually going to be a pretty bad team but something about this year’s team from the games I have watched(yes I have been watching some of their games doing my due diligence around the country.) just seems like they’re trending upwards. Apart from that Columbia shutout they’ve actually looked like a competent team. They also rebounded nicely last week against Fordham so we’ll see how they fare against Penn. I suspect this will be closer than a lot of you guys are expecting. This is from someone who doesn’t normally watch a lot of PL football.

leopardball2010
October 3rd, 2023, 05:53 PM
True 7-4 if we beat Lehigh great 2nd yearAgreed! Anyone saying saying 7-4 and a win over the Hawks is disappointing is suffering from severe recency bias.

First winning season since the 09 OT loss at Lehigh. An HC who gets the players and alums. An admin who wants to be successful on the field. Those are things I honestly questioned if I would ever see again.

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2023, 06:53 PM
To give you Lafayette boys some hope, Yale had been our boogeyman forever....worse than even BC. I think we were like 4-27 until we've now won 4 0f the last 5 against The Eli

Were ready for the Elis again!

Pards Rule
October 4th, 2023, 05:37 AM
Lafayette
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham

I know it’s par for the course that the Hoya’s are usually going to be a pretty bad team but something about this year’s team from the games I have watched(yes I have been watching some of their games doing my due diligence around the country.) just seems like they’re trending upwards. Apart from that Columbia shutout they’ve actually looked like a competent team. They also rebounded nicely last week against Fordham so we’ll see how they fare against Penn. I suspect this will be closer than a lot of you guys are expecting. This is from someone who doesn’t normally watch a lot of PL football.

Mike 296 welcome sir to the PL board

gravalico
October 4th, 2023, 05:46 AM
Agreed! Anyone saying saying 7-4 and a win over the Hawks is disappointing is suffering from severe recency bias.

First winning season since the 09 OT loss at Lehigh. An HC who gets the players and alums. An admin who wants to be successful on the field. Those are things I honestly questioned if I would ever see again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TapatalkGuilty as charged! I can't watch the team that had toed the line all season long go out and lose to Princeton or Georgetown and not be disappointed. Doesn't mean the Leopards won't still be way ahead of schedule but, ridiculously enough, I have 9-2 stuck in my head.

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2023, 10:44 AM
Lafayette

This is why I think people are sleeping on Colgate. If the Red Raiders had opened 2023 with three home games (Marist, Sacred Heart, Stonehill) and a game at Columbia, what would their record be and what would we be saying about them?

Conversely, if the Hoyas had opened 2023 with three road games (Syracuse, Villanova, Holy Cross) and a home game vs. Penn, what would their record be and what would we be saying about them?

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2023, 08:24 PM
This is why I think people are sleeping on Colgate. If the Red Raiders had opened 2023 with three home games (Marist, Sacred Heart, Stonehill) and a game at Columbia, what would their record be and what would we be saying about them?

Conversely, if the Hoyas had opened 2023 with three road games (Syracuse, Villanova, Holy Cross) and a home game vs. Penn, what would their record be and what would we be saying about them?

Agree with you DFW - Colgate and Georgetown will be tough games for the Pards. Sure we have looked good but I will believe it when we win games that count! Hoyas have had our number and Colgate is always a tough out. Have seen posts saying we have a winning season... nope! Gotta win two more games, and there are no more cupcakes on our schedule! This sneakily becoming the most interesting PL football season in several years - there are four teams, and possibly five if Colgate comes around, making noise.

NY Crusader 2010
October 5th, 2023, 08:35 PM
Lafayette
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham

They also lost to Stonehill. Fordham beat Stonehill 44-0 before losing to Georgetown. Go figure.

Last year, Lafayette nearly beat Holy Cross (and should've won) before falling to Georgetown the following week.

Leopard Loyalist
October 6th, 2023, 01:52 PM
Lafayette 28 Princeton 14
Holy Cross 44 Bucknell 17
Penn 21 Georgetown 20
Fordham 36 Lehigh 21

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2023, 10:22 PM
Lafayette 24 Princeton 17....I believe!
Holy Cross 49 Bucknell 10
Penn 31 Georgetown 20
Fordham 38 Lehigh 13....

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2023, 07:13 AM
I am going to Princeton. P4L sourcing trashbags there

crusader11
October 7th, 2023, 10:35 AM
Lafayette +5.5

Kind of what I expected. Maybe closer to a field goal though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 10:45 AM
Weather figures to be a bit of a factor today. Steady to heavy rain is expected to affect the greater NYC area this afternoon so the Lehigh-Fordham game figures to be played in rather ugly conditions. Likewise, Princeton and Philly are going to be affected to a varying degree too. Central PA is currently getting hammered by very heavy rain bands so the Bison and Crusaders better be mentally ready.

Colgate TD
October 7th, 2023, 12:35 PM
Princeton
Holy Cross
Pennsylvania
Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 12:51 PM
Lehigh 7 Fordham 7 12:30 2Q

Horrible conditions in the Bronx...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 01:00 PM
TD Lehigh!

Lehigh 14 Fordham 7 8:42 2Q

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 01:01 PM
LU 14-7! Overall night and day vs first 5 games!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 01:09 PM
TD Lehigh following a Fordham fumble...

Lehigh 21 Fordham 7 7:05 2Q

When was the last time Lehigh held a 2 TD lead? Scored 20+ points in the first half?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 01:18 PM
Rams answer...

Lehigh 21-14 2:36 2Q

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2023, 01:30 PM
10-9 Lafayette at the half…let’s go!!!!

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 01:31 PM
What a horrible PI call on LU

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 01:37 PM
Lehigh 21 Fordham 17 Half

Some good, some bad. An egregious PI call gifted Fordham the late FG.

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Progress. I’ll take it. Need to stop Fordham on opening drive.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Still 10-9 Lafayette, but Tigers have been dominating the 2nd half. Pards turned the tigers over twice while the were driving for a score.

We need a TD!

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 02:34 PM
LU 28-14!

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 02:45 PM
LU giving up a ton of yards. Fordham O really solid

Lehigh73
October 7th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Actually that 28-14 score is incorrect. In the second half Fordham went up 24-17, but then Lehigh went up 28-24.

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Incorrect. Check again. LU has 4 TD’s. No FG’s

Lehigh73
October 7th, 2023, 02:49 PM
I got it incorrect too. Fordham went up 24-21 before Lehigh went up 28-24.

Lehigh73
October 7th, 2023, 02:50 PM
I’m having trouble keeping track of all these Lehigh scores.

Lehigh73
October 7th, 2023, 02:55 PM
Lehigh TD! Lehigh 35 Fordham 24. 11:21 left

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 02:55 PM
TD Lehigh!!

Hawks 35-21 11:21 4Q

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 02:56 PM
xdrunkyx

Bill
October 7th, 2023, 03:00 PM
35 points? Is there a Hank Small sighting on Rose Hill?

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 03:04 PM
Gotta match scores now. LU can’t stop them

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 03:04 PM
Rams strike right back. Also, add a 2 point conversion....

LU 35 FU 32 8:50 4Q

Lehigh73
October 7th, 2023, 03:05 PM
Fordham TD. Makes 2 pt conversion. Lehigh 35 Fordham 32

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 03:06 PM
Another observation. LU has never had the size I see of their opponents. Never. Why?

Sader87
October 7th, 2023, 03:09 PM
48-27 HC with 6 left....sloppy effort by the Saders imo

crusader11
October 7th, 2023, 03:12 PM
Waitaminute. Did Cahill really just punt on 4th and 1 from the Fordham 35? What was that?

And then the ball was kicked into the endzone.

15 yard gain.

That’s bad bad bad.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2023, 03:14 PM
Leopards win 12-9. Weird game, dominated by both defenses, with a missed Tiger FG and a late safety being the difference. Wasn’t pretty but a gut check win by Lafayette.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 03:15 PM
Waitaminute. Did Cahill really just punt on 4th and 1 from the Fordham 35? What was that?

And then the ball was kicked into the endzone.

15 yard gain.

That’s bad bad bad.

No idea. Lehigh figures to be losing anyway the next time they touch the ball ....

Go...gate
October 7th, 2023, 03:16 PM
Lafayette 12, Princeton 9, final.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Whew, Lehigh holds the Rams to a FG

35 all with 1:54 left....

- - - Updated - - -

Lafayette 12, Princeton 9, final.

Another year two turnaround in the PL! Great to see quality coaching make a difference!

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Offsides killed them

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Bad pass by Silbor on 3rd and 4 will result in a punt....

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Princeton curse no more. A statement win for John Troxel. xthumbsupx

gravalico
October 7th, 2023, 03:29 PM
Leopards win 12-9. Weird game, dominated by both defenses, with a missed Tiger FG and a late safety being the difference. Wasn’t pretty but a gut check win by Lafayette.Appropriate that the defense provides the breathing room. An ugly win is still a win. Big game next week! Go Pards!

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 03:30 PM

Shown.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Fordham wins on a walk-off kick!

Fordham 38 Lehigh 35 Final

Southsider
October 7th, 2023, 03:36 PM
What a shame. But the better tam won. Should have gone for the 4/1

Go...gate
October 7th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Princeton curse no more. A statement win for John Troxel. xthumbsupx

Welcome back, Bogus! You have been missed.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 04:04 PM
Welcome back, Bogus! You have been missed.

Pards over Princeton is a must-gloat. Also Lehigh still smells like hot dog water.

Go...gate
October 7th, 2023, 04:10 PM
Great win by Georgetown over Pennsylvania, too!

Go...gate
October 7th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Shown.

Indeed.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 04:16 PM
Great win by Georgetown over Pennsylvania, too!

Some confusion over the final in that game. Did Hoyas really pull it off? I've seen two sets of "final" scores.

crusader11
October 7th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Great win, Lafayette!

You’ve got a chance to get some payback for the phantom non-PI call at Fitton on 2009…

I still can’t believe Cahill punted on 4th and 1. That was awful.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 04:22 PM
It looks like Penn 42 Hoyas 39 in OT. Is that correct or not? Different outlets reporting different scores.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 04:23 PM
Great win, Lafayette!

You’ve got a chance to get some payback for the phantom non-PI call at Fitton on 2009…

Bye week to get ready for that, which is nice.

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2023, 04:25 PM
It looks like Penn 42 Hoyas 39 in OT. Is that correct or not? Different outlets reporting different scores.

That is correct.

Wolffan
October 7th, 2023, 04:42 PM
Holy Cross wins 55-27 but there is an unsettling feeling that HC hit its peak last year and is on the downward slope (and next year Dobbs and probably Sluka are gone). Doesn't mean they won't win PL again. They are still the favorites for that.

Fordham
October 7th, 2023, 05:00 PM
Bogie!!!!!!! Welcome back!

Lehigh, great battle. Our team is more middle of the pack than upper tier but our guys still hung in there, even when down big late in the game. Proud of their character and happy with the win. Again, though, kudos to Lehigh. It’ll be interesting to see if both teams point to this game as some sort of turning point. Us, for the grit to come through and get the W in a game that seemed lost … or Lehigh, for playing as well as they did and realizing they can play with anyone (maybe except HC at this point) in the PL

Congrats to Lafayette. Huge win.

leopardball2010
October 7th, 2023, 05:03 PM
Pards over Princeton is a must-gloat. Also Lehigh still smells like hot dog water.I'm trying to decide if that is warm water that was used to give a dog a bath or a cart full of meat water in the bronx

leopardball2010
October 7th, 2023, 05:04 PM
Great win, Lafayette!

I still can’t believe Cahill punted on 4th and 1. That was awful.That game still haunts me. Talk about a gut punch.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2023, 06:08 PM
I'm trying to decide if that is warm water that was used to give a dog a bath or a cart full of meat water in the bronx

The latter, for sure. You know the smell.

gravalico
October 7th, 2023, 06:21 PM
Holy Cross wins 55-27 but there is an unsettling feeling that HC hit its peak last year and is on the downward slope (and next year Dobbs and probably Sluka are gone). Doesn't mean they won't win PL again. They are still the favorites for that.Don't agree that HC is the automatic favorite next year. Let's see what happens in two weeks before making that determination.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow... the Curse was there. The Curse had its chances. And the Curse LOST! It even started RAIN as soon as Princeton got the ball, in the shadows of their goalpost. Slippery conditions and having to throw 70 yards for a FG... Pards get TWO hurries and the safety. Curse be damned. Troxell is 1-0 vs. Princeton. And so was Frank (...ouch, don't kick my shins...)

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2023, 07:07 PM
Before everyone here gets high on the Pard pipe, every single game on the schedule is going to be a dog fight. We have no pass defense. Holy Cross, Georgetown, Colgate, Fordham, Lehigh... can you confidently say the Pards are going to win any one of them? No... I cannot... even with the results so far.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2023, 07:11 PM
The latter, for sure. You know the smell.

Welcome back Bogie. There is a different smell emanating from Fisher these days, and it's fresh for a change. We have our quadranscentennial win over Princeton... let's see what else we can do. Team FIOS is still in our heads... this team still has things to do.

MUHAWKS
October 7th, 2023, 07:12 PM
Monmouth has been a top rushing team for years- not saying top "team" but we run the ball well and rack up yards: The list below of Monmouth NET rushing totals this year should speak volumes:

@FAU (FBS) - 112 yards

@ Towson- 200 yards

Campbell - 212 yards

@ Lafayette - 59 yards

Lehigh - 231 yards

And today The Pards hold Princeton to THREE yards on like 25 carries. I know weather sucked and Princeton defense good too but if teams cannot run, VERY few (maybe Fordham from last year even tho they could run sometimes didnt need to) teams who cant run at all will be able to win and The Pards Run D is dynamic.

gravalico
October 7th, 2023, 07:58 PM
Before everyone here gets high on the Pard pipe, every single game on the schedule is going to be a dog fight. We have no pass defense. Holy Cross, Georgetown, Colgate, Fordham, Lehigh... can you confidently say the Pards are going to win any one of them? No... I cannot... even with the results so far.Aww c'mon now Pard-(-ee-pooper), of course they could lose any of the remaining games. What is fundamentally different this team will show up and fight in all of these games. As much as they could lose any of these games there's not one game among them that they couldn't win just as easily. And that's worthy of a bit of Kool aid in and of itself.

Much has been mentioned about our pass defense which is lacking...except for the part where we rack up 5-7 sacks per game. We're not flawless for sure but there is so much reason for optimism...though the special teams (particularly the punting game) scares the crap out of me.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2023, 08:09 PM
And today The Pards hold Princeton to THREE yards on like 25 carries. I know weather sucked and Princeton defense good too but if teams cannot run, VERY few (maybe Fordham from last year even tho they could run sometimes didnt need to) teams who cant run at all will be able to win and The Pards Run D is dynamic.

Ironically, the weather was fine. It started raining with 2 minutes left in the game. Otherwise it was a nice football Saturday, just a tad windy. Unfortunately the weather forecast scared everyone away: only 4600 people. Princeton always pulls in more fans especially on a nice fall Saturday. I know a few people who were going to attend but opted for ESPN+.

MUHAWKS
October 7th, 2023, 08:13 PM
Ironically, the weather was fine. It started raining with 2 minutes left in the game. Otherwise it was a nice football Saturday, just a tad windy. Unfortunately the weather forecast scared everyone away: only 4600 people. Princeton always pulls in more fans especially on a nice fall Saturday. I know a few people who were going to attend but opted for ESPN+.

Interesting! I was at Columbia/marist in the Bronx and it rained the entire game with about half the game HEAVY rain and wind so just assumed.. But either way if teams CANNOT run, even if they are throwing teams, huge advantage.. Why does it seem (not you) the Pards fans do not understand how good their own defense is?

gravalico
October 7th, 2023, 08:16 PM
Interesting! I was at Columbia/marist in the Bronx and it rained the entire game with about half the game HEAVY rain and wind so just assumed.. But either way if teams CANNOT run, even if they are throwing teams, huge advantage.. Why does it seem (not you) the Pards fans do not understand how good their own defense is?Because it's been a long, hard slog under the previous regime. It seems too good to be true. But it is true. We have a preeminent defense in fcs. No denying it.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2023, 08:16 PM
Aww c'mon now Pard-(-ee-pooper), of course they could lose any of the remaining games. What is fundamentally different this team will show up and fight in all of these games. As much as they could lose any of these games there's not one game among them that they couldn't win just as easily. And that's worthy of a bit of Kool aid in and of itself.

Much has been mentioned about our pass defense which is lacking...except for the part where we rack up 5-7 sacks per game. We're not flawless for sure but there is so much reason for optimism...though the special teams (particularly the punting game) scares the crap out of me.

Agree with everything here. Even when it looked like Princeton was going to take control, I felt that we were going to respond. The DL saves us - we can give up the yards but the DL can put pressure on the QB, either losing the down or yards. And yes I agree we will fight in all those games, it just not a guarantee even though we are 5-1. The rest of the season is going to be very, very interesting.

gravalico
October 7th, 2023, 08:18 PM
Agree with everything here. Even when it looked like Princeton was going to take control, I felt that we were going to respond. The DL saves us - we can give up the yards but the DL can put pressure on the QB, either losing the down or yards. And yes I agree we will fight in all those games, it just not a guarantee even though we are 5-1. The rest of the season is going to be very, very interesting.Agreed. Georgetown, of all teams, scares the crap out of me.

IslandPard
October 7th, 2023, 08:35 PM
Bucknell was a trap game… Blowout. Princeton was a “we never beat them”game, we win. At what point do we give ourselves some credit, and pat Troxell on the back? if you are a true Pards fan… After we beat Lehigh.

however, I did watch the Lehigh Fordham game, and it looks like neither of them can compete with us! Let’s hope I didn’t just jinx us!

ngineer
October 7th, 2023, 10:12 PM
Great win, Lafayette!

From what I saw it was more like 4th and 3. Which may have been the reason, although even at 4th and 3, I would have rather taken my chances with Silbor and O rather than the D which was getting worn. Regardless, we made too many mistakes to win; but I was glad to see the fight. Cut down on the mistakes and we'll win a few games, yet, this year. I saw a lot of positives today that can be built upon. Need some patience.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 05:31 AM
Appropriate that the defense provides the breathing room. An ugly win is still a win. Big game next week! Go Pards!

Talked to John at the bus! He couldnt believe my shore neighbor (2nd house for him) was his playing partner in Pburg days. Anyways they have bye week THEN Cross.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 05:34 AM
Great win, Lafayette!

Mark Ross (Pard receiver on that play) still looking for a flag

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 05:38 AM

Actually wasnt any rain game until when Princeton took over on their 3 very late which led to safety and only for a few minutes. Note: Pards had 7 sacks. This is third straight game I believe with 7 or near 7! Very good showing by Pard fans, almost as many as Princeton.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 07:29 AM
For the record as most dont know, I looked this up

Lafayette has 3 wins over the Tigers from 2000 (Tavanis first season) to yesterday:

Sept 16, 2000 in Easton Lafayette 24, Princeton 17
Sept 28, 2002 in Princeton Princeton 34, Lafayette 19
Sept 27, 2003 in Easton Lafayette 28, Princeton 13
October 7, 2023 in Princeton Lafayette 12, Princeton 9
Note: a game to be played Sept 15, 2001 in Princeton was cancelled in the wake of 9/11

crusader11
October 8th, 2023, 09:28 AM
After six weeks, here's how the league has performed in the non-conference --

14-16 overall

1-0 v. PFL
1-0 v. SoCon
6-1 v. NEC
4-7 v. Ivy
1-4 v. CAA
1-4 v. FBS

We have five opportunities left in the non-conference. 2 Ivy (Bucknell v. Cornell, Colgate v. Dartmouth), 1 FBS (HC v. Army), 1 CAA (Fordham v. Stony Brook), 1 PFL (Bucknell v. Marist). Is going 3-2 possible?

Ivies still have our number as a league top to bottom. It is good to see the league taking care of business against "lesser" conferences (NEC, PFL).

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2023, 10:53 AM
For the record as most dont know, I looked this up

Lafayette has 3 wins over the Tigers from 2000 (Tavanis first season) to yesterday:

Sept 16, 2000 in Easton Lafayette 24, Princeton 17
Sept 28, 2002 in Princeton Princeton 34, Lafayette 19
Sept 27, 2003 in Easton Lafayette 28, Princeton 13
October 7, 2023 in Princeton Lafayette 12, Princeton 9
Note: a game to be played Sept 15, 2001 in Princeton was cancelled in the wake of 9/11

Quick note - the 2002 game was a loss but yes 3 wins. The other two: 1909 and 1982 in Princeton. Do you recall the 1982 W PR? Glad you did not need the trash bags yesterday!

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2023, 10:57 AM
Bucknell was a trap game… Blowout. Princeton was a “we never beat them”game, we win. At what point do we give ourselves some credit, and pat Troxell on the back? if you are a true Pards fan… After we beat Lehigh.

however, I did watch the Lehigh Fordham game, and it looks like neither of them can compete with us! Let’s hope I didn’t just jinx us!

I am ready to pat Troxell on the back right now! Halfway mark we've already accomplished a lot. However, in mind, three big things remain that will make me turn that pat into a bear hug: 1) Beat the PL teams with championship and playoff pedigree and experience 2) Beat the team that has given us fits (Hoyas) 3) Beat the brown stain hot dog water mongers. Our goals are clear. Get it done.

CrusaderBob
October 8th, 2023, 11:34 AM
I am ready to pat Troxell on the back right now! Halfway mark we've already accomplished a lot. However, in mind, three big things remain that will make me turn that pat into a bear hug: 1) Beat the PL teams with championship and playoff pedigree and experience 2) Beat the team that has given us fits (Hoyas) 3) Beat the brown stain hot dog water mongers. Our goals are clear. Get it done.

So ... a 5-1 PL record this year with a loss to Colgate gets him a bear hug. But not 5 - 1 with a loss to HC (or Fordham)????

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 01:25 PM
Quick note - the 2002 game was a loss but yes 3 wins. The other two: 1909 and 1982 in Princeton. Do you recall the 1982 W PR? Glad you did not need the trash bags yesterday!

Yes sorry I should have explained that I included the 2002 loss as part of the post just to show the unusual fact we had a FOUR game in a row schedule with Princeton. Of course the 2001 game after 9/11 cancelled.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 01:27 PM
I guess I was thinking when was the last time Lafayette was 4-1 in OOC play in a year, losing only to FBS Duke, yet playing in an admirable loss???

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2023, 02:55 PM
And Im reminded, sadly, 40 years ago today in 1983 Lafayette at Fisher Field held a 38-14 lead mid 3rd vs Maine, 38-14, and thereafter gave up 25 points to Maine with Maine kicking the winning FG with just over a minute left to win, 39-38. Note, Lafayette kicker Joe Genduso missed a PAT in the "top of 3rd" when Lafayette scored 21 points and also drilled a 40 yarder FG attempt, according to an online Bangor Daily News reczp of game, into the Black Bear line. This FG attempt came after a Leopard 13 yard TD pass was called back by a hold. First loss for the Pards that year. Then they lost at Penn, 28-20 the next week but following week won at Harrisonburg VA against JMU. Two years later they came to Easton where Lafayette beat them again. True or false Lafayette has never lost to JMU..