Campbell at Hampton
North Carolina Central at Elon
Duquesne at Delaware
Maine at Richmond
Albany at Towson
Villanova at North Carolina A&T

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2023, 06:23 AM
Virginia may be the worst team in the ACC. I think the Tribe will keep this one close.

Sitting Bull
October 1st, 2023, 07:46 AM
Virginia may be the worst team in the ACC. I think the Tribe will keep this one close.

I wish but I’ve watched UVA get fast starts, then fade and lose against NC State (21-24) and Maryland. They started a freshman QB in both those games who was quite erratic but quick on his feet. Noticed they started the Monmouth transfer again at BC. Their defense has ACC size.

We rely too much on our defense I’m afraid to keep this real close. Our own QB is struggling. We have no passing attack - 36 yards yesterday against the league’s worst pass defense. Unless Wilson ignites, I see something like 35-13.

Anyway, it’s got the noon slot on the ACC network. I think it’s our last chance (CAA) for an FBS win this year.

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2023, 08:06 AM
I wish but I’ve watched UVA get fast starts, then fade and lose against NC State (21-24) and Maryland. They started a freshman QB in both those games who was quite erratic but quick on his feet. Noticed they started the Monmouth transfer again at BC. Their defense has ACC size.

We rely too much on our defense I’m afraid to keep this real close. Our own QB is struggling. We have no passing attack - 36 yards yesterday against the league’s worst pass defense. Unless Wilson ignites, I see something like 35-13.

Anyway, it’s got the noon slot on the ACC network. I think it’s our last chance (CAA) for an FBS win this year.

I would say it’s the lack of talent at WR more so than Wilson

The Cats
October 1st, 2023, 10:39 AM
my picks in bold

Rhode Island at Brown 12 PM
W&M at Virginia 12 PM
Stony Brook at Morgan State 1 PM
Campbell at Hampton 2 PM
NC Central at Elon 2 PM
Duquesne at Delaware 3 PM
Maine at Richmond 3:30 PM
UAlbany at Towson 4 PM
Villanova at NC A&T 4 PM

MUHAWKS
October 1st, 2023, 10:50 AM
Rhode Island at Brown- tough one here. Brown almost beat Harvard and we know what Harvard did yesterday. I am going with the upset.
W&M at Virginia - very interesting game, really a coin flip. W&M can make he playoffs without ever beating a good team FYI.
Stony Brook at Morgan State - C Hen was right. again.
Campbell at Hampton- this is a heart pick as I want hampton to come in to us next week 4-1.
NC Central at Elon 2- Geezus this is tough.
Duquesne at Delaware LOL x 10000
Maine at Richmond - snowballs
UAlbany at Towson - why does that little voice tell me to take Towson?
Villanova at NC A&T - just because

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2023, 12:04 PM
Rhode Island at Brown- tough one here. Brown almost beat Harvard and we know what Harvard did yesterday. I am going with the upset.
W&M at Virginia - very interesting game, really a coin flip. W&M can make he playoffs without ever beating a good team FYI.
Stony Brook at Morgan State - C Hen was right. again.
Campbell at Hampton- this is a heart pick as I want hampton to come in to us next week 4-1.
NC Central at Elon 2- Geezus this is tough.
Duquesne at Delaware LOL x 10000
Maine at Richmond - snowballs
UAlbany at Towson - why does that little voice tell me to take Towson?
Villanova at NC A&T - just because

Because the wind is high it blows my mind

MUHAWKS
October 1st, 2023, 12:37 PM
Because the wind is high it blows my mind

I am not good with song lyrics I had to look it up!

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2023, 12:39 PM
I am not good with song lyrics I had to look it up!

you looked it up!

I like it

MUHAWKS
October 1st, 2023, 01:01 PM
you looked it up!

I like it

Forewarned is forearmed. If we beat Hampton in 2 weeks I am going to start posting again about Monmouth running the table and setting up a season ending clash with The Danes for a playoff spot!!

Lehigh is/was AWFUL. Oh man I was expecting them to be a bit improved but IMO they were worse than last year. We prob could have scored 63 and again we were without 8 dudes, and 4 starters.

Here is my delusional rationale as a preview- FBS loss. Beat Towson who just beat UNH (i dont make the rules but as of now its an ok win). Blow a 3 score lead to a decent Campbell team who has competed well. Broken darling or not it shows we arent awful and again had the injuries and just got mentally weak. Get beat by what may be a very good Lafayette team who has a shot to beat Holy Cross and lost in the rain and wind without 3 starters on the OL, and on our 5th RB for the 4th quarter- 3 starters out on D, 2 of them being our best players IMO. Come back and did what we were supposed to against a bad Lehigh team but still beat them more handily then Nova did and got confidence and opened the offense up a bit INTO a bye week which should allow at least 3, maybe 4 guys to get healthy. Played a lot of youg guys and backups in this game which can only help. SO, Hampton comes to town and they may or may not be decent but it seems they are not bad. IF we beat them we would be 3-3 and 2-1 in The CAA. Then we head to that 2 game stretch that will show where we are- @ Elon and @ W&M. Is it THAT crazy to think we can beat Elon? I say no- they seem to not be able to score tons of points but their strength has been our weakness which is physical upfront play. But again, by that time we may have 4 starters we are missing back. It is not impossible!!! After that its W&M, Stony Brook, UNH and Albany. all I am saying is the schedule being that tough gives us a shot as the wins would mean a lot! I will even go as far to say that if we split elon/W&M and one of the losses is close, beat Hampton, and beat UNH, SB and Albany that we would be strongly considered at 7-4 IF everything else worked out (Lafayette wins PL, other teams falter etc). Now how is that for delusional? Want to hear the best part? I believe it! I refuse to give up even though I know I sort of already did. Reality sucks! I would rather be delusional as long as possible!!

MR. CHICKEN
October 1st, 2023, 01:15 PM
QUOTE=MUHAWKS;3146996]Forewarned is forearmed. If we beat Hampton in 2 weeks I am going to start posting again about Monmouth running the table and setting up a season ending clash with The Danes for a playoff spot!!

Lehigh is/was AWFUL. Oh man I was expecting them to be a bit improved but IMO they were worse than last year. We prob could have scored 63 and again we were without 8 dudes, and 4 starters.

Here is my delusional rationale as a preview- FBS loss. Beat Towson who just beat UNH (i dont make the rules but as of now its an ok win). Blow a 3 score lead to a decent Campbell team who has competed well. Broken darling or not it shows we arent awful and again had the injuries and just got mentally weak. Get beat by what may be a very good Lafayette team who has a shot to beat Holy Cross and lost in the rain and wind without 3 starters on the OL, and on our 5th RB for the 4th quarter- 3 starters out on D, 2 of them being our best players IMO. Come back and did what we were supposed to against a bad Lehigh team but still beat them more handily then Nova did and got confidence and opened the offense up a bit INTO a bye week which should allow at least 3, maybe 4 guys to get healthy. Played a lot of youg guys and backups in this game which can only help. SO, Hampton comes to town and they may or may not be decent but it seems they are not bad. IF we beat them we would be 3-3 and 2-1 in The CAA. Then we head to that 2 game stretch that will show where we are- @ Elon and @ W&M. Is it THAT crazy to think we can beat Elon? I say no- they seem to not be able to score tons of points but their strength has been our weakness which is physical upfront play. But again, by that time we may have 4 starters we are missing back. It is not impossible!!! After that its W&M, Stony Brook, UNH and Albany. all I am saying is the schedule being that tough gives us a shot as the wins would mean a lot! I will even go as far to say that if we split elon/W&M and one of the losses is close, beat Hampton, and beat UNH, SB and Albany that we would be strongly considered at 7-4 IF everything else worked out (Lafayette wins PL, other teams falter etc). Now how is that for delusional? Want to hear the best part? I believe it! I refuse to give up even though I know I sort of already did. Reality sucks! I would rather be delusional as long as possible!![/QUOTE]

......AH SEE...YER ON YER......THIRD MODELO...........AN' YER 6'4"....&......BULLETPROOF........DOODLES!

MUHAWKS
October 1st, 2023, 01:21 PM
QUOTE=MUHAWKS;3146996]Forewarned is forearmed. If we beat Hampton in 2 weeks I am going to start posting again about Monmouth running the table and setting up a season ending clash with The Danes for a playoff spot!!

Here is my delusional rationale as a preview- FBS loss. Beat Towson who just beat UNH (i dont make the rules but as of now its an ok win). Blow a 3 score lead to a decent Campbell team who has competed well. Broken darling or not it shows we arent awful and again had the injuries and just got mentally weak. Get beat by what may be a very good Lafayette team who has a shot to beat Holy Cross and lost in the rain and wind without 3 starters on the OL, and on our 5th RB for the 4th quarter- 3 starters out on D, 2 of them being our best players IMO. Come back and did what we were supposed to against a bad Lehigh team but still beat them more handily then Nova did and got confidence and opened the offense up a bit INTO a bye week which should allow at least 3, maybe 4 guys to get healthy. Played a lot of youg guys and backups in this game which can only help. SO, Hampton comes to town and they may or may not be decent but it seems they are not bad. IF we beat them we would be 3-3 and 2-1 in The CAA. Then we head to that 2 game stretch that will show where we are- @ Elon and @ W&M. Is it THAT crazy to think we can beat Elon? I say no- they seem to not be able to score tons of points but their strength has been our weakness which is physical upfront play. But again, by that time we may have 4 starters we are missing back. It is not impossible!!! After that its W&M, Stony Brook, UNH and Albany. all I am saying is the schedule being that tough gives us a shot as the wins would mean a lot! I will even go as far to say that if we split elon/W&M and one of the losses is close, beat Hampton, and beat UNH, SB and Albany that we would be strongly considered at 7-4 IF everything else worked out (Lafayette wins PL, other teams falter etc). Now how is that for delusional? Want to hear the best part? I believe it! I refuse to give up even though I know I sort of already did. Reality sucks! I would rather be delusional as long as possible!!

......AH SEE...YER ON YER......THIRD MODELO...........AN' YER 6'4"....&......BULLETPROOF........DOODLES![/QUOTE]

EXACTLY THE RESPONSE I WAS TRYING TO ELICIT!! BELIEVE!! Towson beat UNH and we beat Towson!! Playoffs here we come!!!!!!

MR. CHICKEN
October 1st, 2023, 01:29 PM

......AH SEE...YER ON YER......THIRD MODELO...........AN' YER 6'4"....&......BULLETPROOF........DOODLES!

EXACTLY THE RESPONSE I WAS TRYING TO ELICIT!! BELIEVE!! Towson beat UNH and we beat Towson!! Playoffs here we come!!!!!![/QUOTE]

....AN'......NORFOLK STATE BEAT TOWSON.......AN'...NORFF CAROLINA A&T.....BEAT NORFOLK.....IT JES' GOES.....ON & ON.......xbangx........BAWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 2nd, 2023, 11:19 AM
W&M at Virginia 12 PM
Campbell at Hampton 2 PM
NC Central at Elon 2 PM
UAlbanyat Towson 4 PM
Villanova at NC A&T 4 PM

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2023, 12:37 PM
Rhode Island 42 Brown 32
Virginia 24 William & Mary 14
Morgan State 23 Stony Brook 12
Campbell 35 Hampton 28
NC Central 27 Elon 21
Delaware 35 Duquesne 17
Maine 34 Richmond 13
Albany 41 Towson 34
Villanova 45 NC A&T 22

ccd494
October 2nd, 2023, 12:51 PM
Maine had scored 39 points in the four games prior to Saturday. On Saturday, Maine scored 56 points.

How bad is Morgan State if people are picking Stony Brook to beat them?

MUHAWKS
October 2nd, 2023, 04:30 PM
Maine had scored 39 points in the four games prior to Saturday. On Saturday, Maine scored 56 points.

Not Bad enough to almost beat Albany- took them to OT- Beat Richmond which I dont care how down The Spiders are should not happen, and lost to an FBS on a really bad self mess up in last minute. Very Very strange stuff this year.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2023, 07:59 PM

I wouldn’t judge Morgan St on who’s picking who…. Been saying since week 1, Stony is really bad

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2023, 08:17 PM
Morgan State played Towson and Albany each within a score and beat Richmond. They also narrowly missed getting an FBS scalp, losing to Akron 24-21. Their most recent game they were blown out in the Yale Bowl 45-3.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2023, 08:43 PM
Morgan State played Towson and Albany each within a score and beat Richmond. They also narrowly missed getting an FBS scalp, losing to Akron 24-21. Their most recent game they were blown out in the Yale Bowl 45-3.

You took the words right out of my mouth on Yale

MUHAWKS
October 2nd, 2023, 08:52 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth on Yale

meaning what? Why are you so high on those guys based on that game? Or am I mis reading your contexT?

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2023, 09:21 PM
meaning what? Why are you so high on those guys based on that game? Or am I mis reading your contexT?

It just means as I was reading NY Crusaders post, he mentioned the Yale beatdown of Morgan St that I was thinking about and yes, this Ivy bias runs deep and long on AGS and it’s because they don’t let them play after Thanksgiving
been going on before you got here I believe

The top Ivies are good again despite the mid and bottom Ivies not being as good this year

Is Rhode Island going to beat Brown ?

MUHAWKS
October 2nd, 2023, 10:00 PM
It just means as I was reading NY Crusaders post, he mentioned the Yale beatdown of Morgan St that I was thinking about and yes, this Ivy bias runs deep and long on AGS and it’s because they don’t let them play after Thanksgiving

The top Ivies are good again despite the mid and bottom Ivies not being as good this year

Oh dude I am 100% with you and been on that forever- Half my close friends played Ivy League Football and I am well aware.The top Ivy almost every year would win 1-2 playoff games and some years could actually make it to the round of 4 or 8. Harvard has had some serious talent. I guess in THIS specific case I am just puzzled you seem to get off teams based on single performances AT TIMES or put another way NOT be wowed with just one-- so with Yale I mean they got thrashed by a HC team who MIGHT be a little more pedestrian than we thought while Harvard took it to HC and Yale freaking lost to Cornell. I dont care how "improved" or "up" a team is, teams like Cornell do not get VERY good that quick- and They literally could have lost to Lehigh. Ok so Lehigh scored with a minute left to make it a 3 pt margin but it was a 20-14 game with 4 minutes left. And I watched every play of the Monmouth/Lehigh game and Lehigh is so so so bad. So that really is my question, Yale SO FAR has not done anything much. They may win the Ivy but as of now what they ahve done gies against your usual even keeled aalysis.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2023, 02:09 PM
Rhode Island at Brown
W&M at Virginia
Stony Brook at Morgan State
Campbell at Hampton
NC Central at Elon
Duquesne at Delaware
Maine at Richmond
UAlbany at Towson
Villanova at NC A&T

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2023, 09:07 PM
Rhode Island at Brown wouldn't surprise me to see Brown win but picking Rhode because Brown will miss last second FG

W&M at Virginia William D makes it a good game but they come up short

Stony Brook at Morgan State 1 PM not picking Stony Brook to win anything

Campbell at Hampton upset brewing for the Pirates at home as the lil darlins have a bad hair day

NC Central at Elon 2 PM Elon tough at home should be a good one though

Duquesne at Delaware 3 PM no eggs will be layed in Newark this Saturday

Maine at Richmond 3:30 PM sometimes you gotta have some gutz

UAlbany at Towson 4 PM Towson will be wishing New Hampshire was still in town as the Albany D takes control

Villanova at NC A&T I don't think Nova has ever played NC AT and vice versa

tough picks really as last week showed us anything can happen

kdinva
October 4th, 2023, 05:29 AM
Rhode Island 27 at Brown 13
W&M 20 at Virginia 34
Stony Brook 17 at Morgan State 24
Campbell 28 at Hampton 20
NC Central 31 at Elon 27
Duquesne 11 at Delaware 35
Maine 24 at Richmond 19
UAlbany 34 at Towson 20
Villanova 31 at NC A&T 21

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 4th, 2023, 06:48 AM
I wouldn’t judge Morgan St on who’s picking who…. Been saying since week 1, Stony is really bad

Morgan State now with a mass shooting on a Homecoming event, won't begin to make a guess if any impact on their game with SBU- https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/10/03/active-shooter-morgan-state-baltimore-maryland/

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2023, 07:39 AM

xnodx

UNHWildcat18
October 4th, 2023, 07:47 AM
Rhode Island at Brown (Brown was lucky to escape Bryant)
W&M at Virginia (UVM stinks but finds a way)
Stony Brook at Morgan State (SBU finds a way to lose)
Campbell at Hampton (escape artists... escape again)
NC Central at Elon (Elon in a close one at home)
Duquesne at Delaware (Chickens roll)
Maine atRichmond(Maine takes momentum from last week)
UAlbany at Towson (Ualbanys defense actually plays tough unlike UNH and they win by 7 or less)
Villanova at NC A&T (Villanova bounces back)

Bonus picks
MUHAWKS vs Carpal tunnel (He'll be typing away next week!)
UNH vs Bye (We have problems)

rhowdyram
October 4th, 2023, 07:47 AM
Yes, we're going to win and I don't think it's going to be particularly close.

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2023, 07:49 AM
HEY PEOPLE.......IT'S GONNA RAIN............BRAWK!

...........................CHOOSE ACCORDINLAH..............AWQ!

KPSUL
October 4th, 2023, 10:42 AM
UAlbany at Towson 4 PM Towson will be wishing New Hampshire was still in town as the Albany D takes control

Probably not. Last time UNH was in Towson they won 37-14. Last week's Towson OT win was in Durham, NH.

By all means, take this Towson team lightly. Like last year, I think we'll see a different Towson Tiger team in the second half of the season.

MUHAWKS
October 4th, 2023, 10:48 AM
Probably not. Last time UNH was in Towson they won 37-14. Last week's Towson OT win was in Durham, NH.

By all means, take this Towson team lightly. Like last year, I think we'll see a different Towson Tiger team in the second half of the season.

I cannot figure out from your post if you think Towson is a "paper tiger" or respectable. From the last sentence it seems you think they will keep getting better b/c that is what they did last year, but then you say by all means take lightly and I do not feel you are one for sarcasm. "Who is Towson" to you? Last week a mirage?

KPSUL
October 4th, 2023, 10:49 AM

Maybe, after a bit of indecision I picked URI too. But this doesn't seem to be the typical Brown team. They gave Harvard a better game than Holy Cross.

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2023, 11:50 AM

I’m thinking will be closer than you think… A Brown knuckler

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2023, 11:51 AM
I cannot figure out from your post if you think Towson is a "paper tiger" or respectable. From the last sentence it seems you think they will keep getting better b/c that is what they did last year, but then you say by all means take lightly and I do not feel you are one for sarcasm. "Who is Towson" to you? Last week a mirage?

KPSUL is spiking his syrup

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 4th, 2023, 06:20 PM
What a shame for Morgan State, all homecoming events and game with SBU canceled because of shooting on campus- https://morganstatebears.com/news/2023/10/4/morgan-state-football-vs-stony-brook-canceled.aspx

MUHAWKS
October 4th, 2023, 07:08 PM
What a shame for Morgan State, all homecoming events and game with SBU canceled because of shooting on campus- https://morganstatebears.com/news/2023/10/4/morgan-state-football-vs-stony-brook-canceled.aspx

I am gonna take heat for this but I feel cancelling the game is not necessary. How is cancelling THIS game but playing home next week sense? It clearly was an isolated criminal situation that frankly happens all the time in and ear Baltimore this just happened near/on campus? If people were killed I could understand ot playing out of respect but the game would just as safe as it would ever be. I guess I am a dik, but feels knee jerk.

bonarae
October 4th, 2023, 08:06 PM

Why not move it to Stony Brook instead? xchinscratchx

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2023, 08:38 PM
I am gonna take heat for this but I feel cancelling the game is not necessary. How is cancelling THIS game but playing home next week sense? It clearly was an isolated criminal situation that frankly happens all the time in and ear Baltimore this just happened near/on campus? If people were killed I could understand ot playing out of respect but the game would just as safe as it would ever be. I guess I am a dik, but feels knee jerk.

have a moment of silence before the game and get on with it, I say that not knowing what the totality of the circumstances are though ...

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 5th, 2023, 06:35 AM

Hey, I didn't even know Morgan State was in Baltimore until this shooting but watching national news I can understand the cancellation. Shooters not found yet, students and classes canceled for now, most students were headed home because of situation. It was reported this is the 3rd year during homecoming week there has been a campus shooting, this being the worse. Have visited Baltimore for O's game and found Inner Harbor very safe and fun but realize like any major city it has it's high crime areas.

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2023, 07:34 AM

.........STONERS.....WERE GONNA BE....MAH UPSET SPECIAL......:(.....BRAWK!

KPSUL
October 5th, 2023, 01:19 PM

I'm only sarcastic when responding to C-Hen.

centraljerseycat
October 6th, 2023, 08:33 AM
W&M at Virginia 12 PM
Campbell at Hampton 2 PM
NC Central at Elon 2 PM
UAlbany at Towson 4 PM
Villanova at NC A&T 4 PM

winners in bold

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2023, 09:34 AM
RHODE ISLAND over BROWN
VIRGINIA over WM. & MARY
STONY BROOK over MORGAN STATE
CAMPBELL over HAMPTON
ELON over N. CAROLINA CENTRAL
DELAWARE over DUQUESNE
RICHMOND over MAINE
UALBANY over TOWSON
VILLANOVA over N. CAROLINA A&T

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2023, 09:39 AM
I'm only sarcastic when responding to C-Hen.

Well at least try to be coherently sarcastic… Humor and sarcasm are good things when you learn how to do it

KPSUL
October 6th, 2023, 11:39 AM
Well at least try to be coherently sarcastic… Humor and sarcasm are good things when you learn how to do it

Thanks, I'll take that to heart!

KPSUL
October 6th, 2023, 11:42 AM
have a moment of silence before the game and get on with it, I say that not knowing what the totality of the circumstances are though ...

I'm thinking they are concerned about a recurrence or copy-cat event. (this one's NOT sarcastic) I used to live and work very close to Morgan State.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2023, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking they are concerned about a recurrence or copy-cat event. (this one's NOT sarcastic) I used to live and work very close to Morgan State.

That makes sense
I knew you weren’t being sarcastic

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2023, 09:11 PM
URI 30 Brown 21
Virginia 27 W&M 17
Campbell 41 Hampton 28
NC Central 38 Elon 27
Delaware 42 Duquesne 20
Richmond 28 Maine 13
Albany 45 Towson 36
Villanova 37 NC A&T 16

rhowdyram
October 8th, 2023, 12:57 PM
I’m thinking will be closer than you think… A Brown knuckler

I'm stupid, you're smart. I was wrong, you were right. You're the best, I'm the worst. You're very good-looking, I'm not very attractive.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2023, 05:40 PM
I'm stupid, you're smart. I was wrong, you were right. You're the best, I'm the worst. You're very good-looking, I'm not very attractive.

lmao none of that is even remotely accurate but the humor is good