View Full Version : UD Finally Back in Delaware

UDChE89
December 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Word is that the UD football team made a safe return to Delaware about two hours ago. From all indications, it sounds like they had some productive time though they were stuck in Iowa for an extra day and a half.

back2back
December 3rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Good luck against SIU on Saturday, if we can win I would like to play someone we haven't played. Nothing against the Salukis.

pather
December 3rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
glad to see them back safely.

Blue Hen Nation
December 3rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Courtesy of the News Journal...

UDChE89
December 3rd, 2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks BHN, I didn't see that photo when I posted...

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Why didn't they just catch a bus to Carbondale? At this point they're gonna turn around in a couple days and make the flight BACK out. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx ;)

Blue Hen Nation
December 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Why didn't they just catch a bus to Carbondale? At this point they're gonna turn around in a couple days and make the flight BACK out. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx ;)

They were, but Carbondale isn't listed on a map. xsmiley_wix

Eight Legger
December 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Glad to hear they made it. Better move the game back to Tuesday though, just to be fair...

Ivytalk
December 3rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Welcome back, you winning wascal wayfarers! (Cue Elmer Fudd...):D

GannonFan
December 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Glad to hear they made it. Better move the game back to Tuesday though, just to be fair...

You know, cheese goes very well with that whine. :p

Nebuta
December 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM

someone needs a hug. xnodx

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
actually it's choose your poison on the dates - I would have liked to have one xtra day to heal/prep for the big one as the winner of fridays game will have

does anyone know what the record states about that advantadge, if any?

Syntax Error
December 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
actually it's choose your poison on the dates - I would have liked to have one xtra day to heal/prep for the big one as the winner of fridays game will have
does anyone know what the record states about that advantadge, if any?They have done it this way three prior times:
Semifinals (12/10):
James Madison 48, William & Mary 34 (Williamsburg, Va. 11,291)
Semifinals (12/11):
Montana 34, Sam Houston St. 13 (Missoula, Mont. 22,583)
Championship (12/17):
James Madison 31, Montana 21 (Chattanooga, Tenn. 15,599)

Semifinals (12/9):
Northern Iowa 40, Texas State 37 (ot) (San Marcos, Tex. 15,712)
Semifinals (12/10):
Appalachian State 29, Furman 23 (Boone, N.C. 15,107)
Championship (12/16):
Appalachian State 21, Northern Iowa 16 (Chattanooga, Tenn. 20,236)

Semifinals (12/8):
UMass 19, Montana 17 (Missoula, MT 23,454)
Semifinals (12/9):
Appalachian State 49, Youngstown State 24 (Boone, NC 18,040)
Championship (12/15)
Appalachian State 28, Massachusetts 17 (Chattanooga, TN 22,808)

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
They have done it this way three prior times:
Semifinals (12/10):
Semifinals (12/11):
Championship (12/17):

Semifinals (12/9):
Semifinals (12/10):
Championship (12/16):

Semifinals (12/8):
Semifinals (12/9):
Championship (12/15)

So basically, if ASU wins, UD is screwed. xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Semifinals (12/10):
Semifinals (12/11):
Championship (12/17):

Semifinals (12/9):
Semifinals (12/10):
Championship (12/16):

Semifinals (12/8):
Semifinals (12/9):
Championship (12/15)

thanks GHarrison

I thought it would have been more that that, looks like the best team wins and it doesnt matter much who gets the xtra day of rest

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Semifinals (12/10):
Semifinals (12/11):
Championship (12/17):

Semifinals (12/9):
Semifinals (12/10):
Championship (12/16):

Semifinals (12/8):
Semifinals (12/9):
Championship (12/15)

Looks like the streak of all semifinal games being more than 10k will be broken this year unless SIU can step it up...

spdram
December 3rd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Welcome back UD, hopefully the team benefited from being together and focused on football. Sometimes out of a storm comes a light.

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Under the circumstances, giving UD the extra day was only fair. I like Saturday games better anyhow.

Purple For Life
December 3rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
They were, but Carbondale isn't listed on a map. xsmiley_wix

http://pics.livejournal.com/rawbery79/pic/007q8af8

You were saying?

SunCoastBlueHen
December 3rd, 2007, 09:15 PM

You were saying?

I still don't see it. xconfusedx

Is it a suburb of the great metropolis of Cape Girardeau?

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
I still don't see it. xconfusedx

Is it a suburb of the great metropolis of Cape Girardeau?

It's not easy to see. It's about the size of Delaware.

Purple For Life
December 3rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
I zoomed in, but then you couldn't see the entire route from Cedar Falls to Carbondale. Seriously...don't know why they didn't just bus it down there, but hey...whatever.

YoUDeeMan
December 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
I zoomed in, but then you couldn't see the entire route from Cedar Falls to Carbondale. Seriously...don't know why they didn't just bus it down there, but hey...whatever.

Uh....school? You know...student athletes.

What do you think this is, the BCS? :p xsmiley_wix

AAadict
December 4th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Exam week at UD. This is why the Ivy League does not participate in the playoffs. To bus straight to SIU makes no sense for many reasons. Delaware is the team logging the most miles and winning. Let them sleep in their own bed for a couple, study and take their exams/classes, and prep for the number two Gateway team.

AppGirl
December 4th, 2007, 08:04 AM
There's also the where would they practice, they need clean clothes, etc. problem. UNI wouldn't even let them use game tape 'til NCAA got involved, then they just got straight film, no editing equip or anything.

Purple For Life
December 4th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Exam week at UD. This is why the Ivy League does not participate in the playoffs. To bus straight to SIU makes no sense for many reasons. Delaware is the team logging the most miles and winning. Let them sleep in their own bed for a couple, study and take their exams/classes, and prep for the number two Gateway team.

OH, poor babies! Cry me a river.

Blue Hen Nation
December 4th, 2007, 08:31 AM

You were saying?

You're a simple one aren't you?

blukeys
December 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Uh....school? You know...student athletes.

What do you think this is, the BCS? :p xsmiley_wix

Not BCS just the Northern Iowa way of doing things. PFL just didn't realize football players took exams. She's been at UNI all these years.;) xrolleyesx ;) xrolleyesx ;) xrolleyesx

YoUDeeMan
December 4th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Yeah, sleeping in your own bed, studying for exams, and wearing clean clothes are unusual ideas. xeyebrowx

At least we know your standards. xwhistlex

93BlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Hey, there's a UNI fan. Do you happen to know who your school ordered the "2005 NCAA I-AA Football Runner Up" banner from in the big, scary UNI Dome? It looked pretty nice and our "2003 NCAA I-AA Football Champions" banner is fading a little from the weather in our little outdoor stadium.

Not sure where it is? Yeah, let me see, oh here's a picture. In the lower left. That one!

http://www.gohens.net/images/Game%2013%20-%20Northern%20Iowa/UNI0092.JPG

GannonFan
December 4th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Leave it to a UNI fan to be the authority on crying. xbawlingx

HI54UNI
December 4th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Leave it to a UNI fan to be the authority on crying. xbawlingx

Hey not all of us are that way. Some of us are embarrassed by our fellow Panther fans. :(

crunifan
December 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Damn, I hope both UNI and Delaware fans realize how childish they look right now.

UNI fans, lets just focus on basketball right now. We have a great team that could use your support. Some of your comments just keeping feeding this petty arguement.

Delaware fans, win with some dignity. You are calling UNI fans poor losers, but you guys are being poor winners. Support the Hens and stop trying to flaunt 2003, it doesn't impress anyone.

93BlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Support the Hens and stop trying to flaunt 2003, it doesn't impress anyone.

Kind of ironic to hear that from someone with a signature like yours, no?

crunifan
December 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Kind of ironic to hear that from someone with a signature like yours, no?

There is a difference between a signature containing the years UNI has won conference championships and this:

"Hey, there's a UNI fan. Do you happen to know who your school ordered the "2005 NCAA I-AA Football Runner Up" banner from in the big, scary UNI Dome? It looked pretty nice and our "2003 NCAA I-AA Football Champions" banner is fading a little from the weather in our little outdoor stadium."

WildcatFan
December 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Crunifan - all schools run into issues where sometimes fans, employees and even mascots don't act appropriately. Being respectful is something everyone should strive for. As a UNH fan, I know I didn't appreciate the last statement flashed on your jumbo screen after you beat us. Many people have watched the clip on youtube and saw the sign your mascot was holding at the end of the game - Sanders 2....Santos 0. Very true, but maybe what you don't realize is that he ran across the field to the UNH section to flash that sign at us. Is that winning with class?

93BlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Which was said in response to a UNI fans calling UD fans "poor babies". I was simply responding to smack with smack.

93BlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 08:00 PM
There is a difference between a signature containing the years UNI has won conference championships and this:

"Hey, there's a UNI fan. Do you happen to know who your school ordered the "2005 NCAA I-AA Football Runner Up" banner from in the big, scary UNI Dome? It looked pretty nice and our "2003 NCAA I-AA Football Champions" banner is fading a little from the weather in our little outdoor stadium."

My quip about the runner-up banner was a bit o' smack for the UNI fan that called UD fans "poor babies", that's all.

Now, you're rightfully proud of 28 seasons of football where UNI had a "banner" year of one sort or another. Should Delaware not be proud of the six seasons where we were national champions? To say that a national championship doesn't impress anyone flies in the face of why this website was even designed and is disingenuous on your part.

Houndawg
December 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Crunifan - all schools run into issues where sometimes fans, employees and even mascots don't act appropriately. Being respectful is something everyone should strive for. As a UNH fan, I know I didn't appreciate the last statement flashed on your jumbo screen after you beat us. Many people have watched the clip on youtube and saw the sign your mascot was holding at the end of the game - Sanders 2....Santos 0. Very true, but maybe what you don't realize is that he ran across the field to the UNH section to flash that sign at us. Is that winning with class?

From what I read here, UNH fans didn't exactly set new standards for losing with class either. I'm wondering if it's a conference thing because every CAA team that has lost has pulled out the old "we beat ourselves they couldn't stop us" whine. Liam Coen was especially good at it. You'd have thought the game was close the way he went on. I'm not a UNI fan mind you, I'm just sayin'.....

WildcatFan
December 4th, 2007, 08:11 PM
From what I read here, UNH fans didn't exactly set new standards for losing with class either. I'm wondering if it's a conference thing because every CAA team that has lost has pulled out the old "we beat ourselves they couldn't stop us" whine. Liam Coen was especially good at it. You'd have thought the game was close the way he went on. I'm not a UNI fan mind you, I'm just sayin'.....

I think you are confusing me with Delaware because of my avatarxlolx xlolx Anyway, not sure if you are referring to UNH's fans this year or two years ago - I know there were issues with UNH fans two years ago but hadn't heard that the 60 of us at the dome this year caused issues. There were also issues with UNIs win two years ago but that's water under the bridge.

Houndawg
December 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I think you are confusing me with Delaware because of my avatarxlolx xlolx Anyway, not sure if you are referring to UNH's fans this year or two years ago - I know there were issues with UNH fans two years ago but hadn't heard that the 60 of us at the dome this year caused issues. There were also issues with UNIs win two years ago but that's water under the bridge.

I was talking about what I read here after the game, I don't know the UNH/UNI history but I understand that there hasn't been a whole lot of graciousness displayed by either side. Me, I've been vacationing at my in-laws place over near Winnepesaukee for 25 years now and always look forward to visiting the Granite State.

WildcatFan
December 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I was talking about what I read here after the game, I don't know the UNH/UNI history but I understand that there hasn't been a whole lot of graciousness displayed by either side. Me, I've been vacationing at my in-laws place over near Winnepesaukee for 25 years now and always look forward to visiting the Granite State.

OK - I must have missed those posts. I will now turn this thread back over to Delaware.

crunifan
December 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM

I'll be honest, I personally do not see what is offensive about that sign. It was a playful sign that was shown in our stadium, to humor our fans. I don't believe it was meant to upset New Hampshire fans. I can see your point about TC flashing it at New Hampshire fans though, I can see how that would bother Wildcat fans.

As for the jumbo tron, are you referring to the "Panthers Win" and "12-0" statements? If not, I must have missed something...

And to 93BlueHen-

You have every right to be proud of Delaware's national title. What I was getting at was you using it to try and get a rise out of someone else. The purpose of this message board is to talk football and gain information on other teams, not flaunt successful season.

But, I think we both see each others points. So we are all good! xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
December 4th, 2007, 09:43 PM
The purpose of this message board is to talk football and gain information on other teams, not flaunt successful season.

Good gracious! Haven't you met the ASU and GSU fans yet???? xeekx xsmiley_wix

xpeacex

crunifan
December 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM

xpeacex

I assure you, after dealing with Wichita State fans, I'm pretty sure they can't be that bad, haha.

The FCS world should thank God every day that the Shockers have not brought back football.

Saluki_man
December 4th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Delaware's trip to Carbondale may have gotten a little harder with the current forcast of rain all weekend. I have a feeling its going to be a little more difficult to get to Carbondale this weekend.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I assure you, after dealing with Wichita State fans, I'm pretty sure they can't be that bad, haha.

The FCS world should thank God every day that the Shockers have not brought back football.

xnodx

Hoyadestroya85
December 4th, 2007, 09:54 PM
157 is a bitch when its raining...

Grizo406
December 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM

xpeacex

Appreciate you leaving us out of this one, Cluck!xlolx

appfan2008
December 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Delaware's trip to Carbondale may have gotten a little harder with the current forcast of rain all weekend. I have a feeling its going to be a little more difficult to get to Carbondale this weekend.

I just wish it was snow that is on its way to carbondale...

Saluki_man
December 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I just wish it was snow that is on its way to carbondale...

The temp won't drop that much so it would be snow, but it could drop enough where its freezing rain. That would make the roads a whole lot more interesting.