PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Selection criteria

robsnotes4u
September 27th, 2023, 07:59 PM
Does anyone have a link to the latest playoff sekectioncriteria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taper
September 27th, 2023, 08:56 PM
Last I heard the NCAA rejected UAC's request to be a FCS conference, but that was shortly before the temporary ban on single sport conferences expired. AFAIK there's still no official word on if UAC gets an autobid. This might actually matter because UAC might not get an at-large.
Plus the NCAA apparently hates UND, which I approve of.

FUBeAR
September 27th, 2023, 09:00 PM
Does anyone have a link to the latest playoff sekectioncriteriaIf you listen to this podcast/interview of the 2022 Playoff Selection Committee Chairman, and listen closely, including listening ‘between the lines,’ you may come away with the same conclusion that FUBeAR did…

The Playoff Selection Criteria is WHATEVER each individual Member of the Playoff Selection Committee determines that it is for them, personally. Sure, there are some guidelines that were written by some other people a long time ago, and some of the Members might even know what some of those are, but the Committee will only cite or use those guidelines if they feel those guidelines align with the decisions they made using their own individually selected personal criteria.

https://herosports.com/fcs-podcast-playoff-committee-chair-jermaine-truax-bzbz/