PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 5

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2023, 09:02 AM
Home teams favored in all but one game this upcoming week.

Lehigh (1-3) at Monmouth (1-3), 1:00 pm
Colgate (0-4) at Cornell (2-0), 2:00
Fordham (3-1) at Georgetown (2-2), 2:00
Bucknell (1-2) at Lafayette (3-1), 3:30
Harvard (2-0) at Holy Cross (3-1), 5:00

bonarae
September 24th, 2023, 09:18 AM
Monmouth
Cornell
Fordham
Lafayette
Holy Cross

I think that sums up HOYA's guesses for the favored teams...

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2023, 09:27 AM
Fordham is 28-4 versus Georgetown since 1976 and 28-1 when scoring 14 or more points. C.J. Montes is not going to be held under two touchdowns.

Wolffan
September 24th, 2023, 09:36 AM
Monmouth
Cornell
Fordham
Lafayette
Holy Cross

More one-sided wins for HC and Fordham. The many frosh playing at HC and the QB at Fordham have been particularly impressive this season. These two teams are not falling off over the next few years.

The Cats
September 24th, 2023, 10:01 AM

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2023, 05:26 PM
I’ll go with the herd.xcoffeex

If Harvard comes within 14 of HC, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

NY Crusader 2010
September 24th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Monmouth 21 Lehigh 13
Cornell 23 Colgate 15
Fordham 34 Georgetown 14
Lafayette 27 Bucknell 14
Holy Cross 35 Harvard 24

ngineer
September 24th, 2023, 09:37 PM
The big red rivalry between the Red Raiders and The Big Red moves to the Cresent, and the Raiders get 'rolled', 28-14

Rams may be looking for penance after collaring their Jesuit brothers. Fordham 49-20

Bucknell has shown fight and in some early going, but Leotards seem to be finding the seams. Laughyette, 28-17

Crusaders on a run and use the 'Johnnies'. Holy Cross "can" do...35-21

Lehigh took a step back at Dartmouth and needs to show their coach who wants to play. In the "Battle of Monmouth", Washington pulled a shocker. Too much needs to be improved within a week, so Expecting a close game with Mountain Hawks getting nipped by the Joysey Hawks, 27-24.

Pards Rule
September 25th, 2023, 11:01 AM

Punted on the Bucknell at Lafayette?

crusader11
September 25th, 2023, 10:37 PM
Figured I’d drop this here. Below is a letter from Stan Dakosty…

Dear Alumni, Families, and Friends of Colgate Football,

I wanted to reach out while we are in the midst of a difficult early-season stretch to reinforce that our program has a foundation in place and the pieces to build for a successful future. There is no doubt we are not playing a brand of football right now that reflects the pride and tradition of this program. I understand that the entire Colgate Football family rightfully expects more. I’m not writing to make excuses, but rather to share some thoughts with you as we move forward.

First, it’s important to understand that your disappointment in our lack of victories and competitiveness is shared by everyone in our program. We knew our schedule would be challenging over the first several weeks, but the outcomes, whether win or lose, were expected to reflect the fight and grit we have in our program. Responsibility starts with me. I am not hiding from our record or our performance. The staff and I will work tirelessly to better prepare our players and raise the level of play to what is expected here at Colgate Football. There are a multitude of ways to address the issues in our performance. From changes to our practice format, weekly schedule, technique and scheme adjustments, and overall increased expectations of accountability, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure better results.

While there are many negatives to date, we cannot overlook the positives that also continue to occur. We have a lot of young, talented players taking on major roles. The success of our last two recruiting classes can be seen with the number of underclassmen gaining experience that will benefit our team in the future. Our team and locker room culture is the strongest aspect of our program right now, and our upperclassmen’s leadership is a great source of pride. I assure you that if you have the opportunity to meet our players, you would be proud they wear Colgate uniforms.

As we move forward with our season, I am very confident that the core of our program is strong. Our supporters, players, coaches, recruits, and culture are putting us in a position to be successful. Your passion for this program is what makes this place special, and while I know we are not meeting the standards set by many of you, I am confident that your constant support and loyalty will be rewarded, and we will reinstate the pride and success we all expect.

As always, I can't thank you enough for your continued support. I will continue to communicate when necessary as the season progresses.

Sincerely,

Stan Dakosty ’05
Fred ’50 and Marilyn Dunlap Head Football Coach

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 25th, 2023, 11:13 PM
Figured I’d drop this here. Below is a letter from Stan Dakosty…

Dear Alumni, Families, and Friends of Colgate Football,

I wanted to reach out while we are in the midst of a difficult early-season stretch to reinforce that our program has a foundation in place and the pieces to build for a successful future. There is no doubt we are not playing a brand of football right now that reflects the pride and tradition of this program. I understand that the entire Colgate Football family rightfully expects more. I’m not writing to make excuses, but rather to share some thoughts with you as we move forward.

First, it’s important to understand that your disappointment in our lack of victories and competitiveness is shared by everyone in our program. We knew our schedule would be challenging over the first several weeks, but the outcomes, whether win or lose, were expected to reflect the fight and grit we have in our program. Responsibility starts with me. I am not hiding from our record or our performance. The staff and I will work tirelessly to better prepare our players and raise the level of play to what is expected here at Colgate Football. There are a multitude of ways to address the issues in our performance. From changes to our practice format, weekly schedule, technique and scheme adjustments, and overall increased expectations of accountability, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure better results.

While there are many negatives to date, we cannot overlook the positives that also continue to occur. We have a lot of young, talented players taking on major roles. The success of our last two recruiting classes can be seen with the number of underclassmen gaining experience that will benefit our team in the future. Our team and locker room culture is the strongest aspect of our program right now, and our upperclassmen’s leadership is a great source of pride. I assure you that if you have the opportunity to meet our players, you would be proud they wear Colgate uniforms.

As we move forward with our season, I am very confident that the core of our program is strong. Our supporters, players, coaches, recruits, and culture are putting us in a position to be successful. Your passion for this program is what makes this place special, and while I know we are not meeting the standards set by many of you, I am confident that your constant support and loyalty will be rewarded, and we will reinstate the pride and success we all expect.

As always, I can't thank you enough for your continued support. I will continue to communicate when necessary as the season progresses.

Sincerely,

Stan Dakosty ’05
Fred ’50 and Marilyn Dunlap Head Football Coach

I would love to know what influences (internal and external) made Stan write this. It reads well but there's not a lot of substance to it. Coaches say the same thing all the time in press conferences. I guess because it was penned rather than spoken it should be perceived as carrying more heart-felt passion? More in-tune with Colgate's academic/athletic culture of "family"? Also of note, this letter comes as Colgate-Cornell Rivalry Week begins. One could see this as almost a calculated political ploy to rally support given the circumstances.

This is not to diminish Stan's love for Colgate football. Rather, at this point actions speak louder than words. Especially when there's been a decline in performance since taking over. 5-6 (5-1) in year one to what in year 3?

I said before the year that Dakosty was basically Gilmore last year. The writing is on the wall it's not going anywhere and changes will inevitably occur. I'd still hedge my bets that Colgate ends up 2-9 or worse and Stan is sent packing....

Pards Rule
September 26th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Wow Dakosky letter. Cannot ever remember seeing something remotely close during season...a very warm fall in Hamilton it seems

Go Green
September 26th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Wow Dakosky letter. Cannot ever remember seeing something remotely close during season...a very warm fall in Hamilton it seems

During a season, yes.

After Dartmouth's 0-10 season in 2008, Buddy Teevens (rest his soul) sent out a letter personally apologizing to Dartmouth Football boosters, taking full responsibility for the "unacceptable" fiasco, and vowing changes across the Board.

But it was a few weeks after the last game. He didn't send it off in the middle of the season.

DFW HOYA
September 26th, 2023, 01:21 PM
A lot of unanswered questions and red flags around this letter. For example:

1. Was it vetted through the interim AD, who himself is the sports administrator for football?

2. What is Colgate's policy regarding letters from coaches that are not released through the school?

3. Every letter has an "ask" or a purpose. What is the ask here?

4. Why now?

Franks Tanks
September 26th, 2023, 01:42 PM
A lot of unanswered questions and red flags around this letter. For example:

1. Was it vetted through the interim AD, who himself is the sports administrator for football?

2. What is Colgate's policy regarding letters from coaches that are not released through the school?

3. Every letter has an "ask" or a purpose. What is the ask here?

4. Why now?

Excellent points. It seems to be a “leave us alone, we know we stink and know you’re all upset, but let us get to the business at hand right now”. Stan being a former player is probably hearing it from his old teammates.

Wolffan
September 26th, 2023, 02:20 PM
They did seem overmatched v Holy Cross and Nova but I cant imagine that is particularly disappointing given the respective rosters. Now, if Bucknell tramples them too...

Sader87
September 26th, 2023, 06:20 PM
Usually a death knell....Gilmore and Pine penned an apology lettah after the Fordham/Yankee Stadium fiasco to end the season in 2016....Gilmore was fired mid-season in 2017.

Pard4Life
September 26th, 2023, 09:01 PM
Colgate letter reeks of desperation - it also says that 'hey football is still important to this school, we have a proud history, yes it's embarassing and we are aware of it, please don't fire me or blame the kids' (blame the administration?)

Pard4Life
September 26th, 2023, 09:03 PM
If Lafayette manages to beat Bucknell this weekend, it will be the first time we have won 4 games in September... granted, we have not played 4+ games in September until the past 10-12 years, and of course we have been 4-1 before in program history... it's just not frequently... sure Bucknell looks like a W but never taking things for granted with this program. Troxell needs to remind the team that this is the first game that matters... it's a championship game. Can the team respond and focus?

bonarae
September 26th, 2023, 09:18 PM
Meanwhile... as for Colgate... do you think we need to #bookit for a winless season in 2023? Hard times have fallen on them... xsighx

Now, do you think the PL will get an at-large bid in the playoffs with Fordham? When is Fordham's game with HC?

Go...gate
September 26th, 2023, 10:33 PM
I would love to know what influences (internal and external) made Stan write this. It reads well but there's not a lot of substance to it. Coaches say the same thing all the time in press conferences. I guess because it was penned rather than spoken it should be perceived as carrying more heart-felt passion? More in-tune with Colgate's academic/athletic culture of "family"? Also of note, this letter comes as Colgate-Cornell Rivalry Week begins. One could see this as almost a calculated political ploy to rally support given the circumstances.

This is not to diminish Stan's love for Colgate football. Rather, at this point actions speak louder than words. Especially when there's been a decline in performance since taking over. 5-6 (5-1) in year one to what in year 3?

I said before the year that Dakosty was basically Gilmore last year. The writing is on the wall it's not going anywhere and changes will inevitably occur. I'd still hedge my bets that Colgate ends up 2-9 or worse and Stan is sent packing....

Ed Sweeney sent such a letter in 1994, during his second year. He was fired after the 1995 season.

Go...gate
September 26th, 2023, 10:43 PM
Based upon what I have seen, 0-11 is certainly a strong possibility, though I'm hoping Colgate will get the ship righted.

Go Green
September 27th, 2023, 04:57 AM
Based upon what I have seen, 0-11 is certainly a strong possibility, though I'm hoping Colgate will get the ship righted.

Colgate isn't doing itself any favors by playing a very competitive nonconference schedule. It's hard to get a struggling program turned around by starting the season with difficult opponents. Dartmouth learned that lesson the hard way in the 2000s.

Colgate may want to look into scheduling some PFL or less-competitive NEC teams next season.

crusader11
September 27th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Colgate isn't doing itself any favors by playing a very competitive nonconference schedule. It's hard to get a struggling program turned around by starting the season with difficult opponents. Dartmouth learned that lesson the hard way in the 2000s.

Colgate may want to look into scheduling some PFL or less-competitive NEC teams next season.

Football schedules are locked into place years in advance. I’d imagine Colgate’s 2024 schedule is largely finalized. Maine, Akron, Cornell, and Morgan State are four OOC games listed. That’s not murderers row by any means.

Go Green
September 27th, 2023, 06:47 AM
Football schedules are locked into place years in advance. I’d imagine Colgate’s 2024 schedule is largely finalized. Maine, Akron, Cornell, and Morgan State are four OOC games listed. That’s not murderers row by any means.

Maybe not, but I'm not seeing any patsies either. Morgan State may be 1-3, but they've been competitive against good teams.

Colgate should try to get games against the Marists, Stetsons, and Valpos of the world to try to get back on their feet, IMHO.

kdinva
September 27th, 2023, 08:19 AM
Lehigh 14 at Monmouth 28
Colgate 13 at Cornell 27
Fordham 35 at Georgetown 21
Bucknell 17 at Lafayette 26
Harvard 28 at Holy Cross 38

Go...gate
September 27th, 2023, 09:06 AM
I don't know what path Colgate will take on scheduling. I wouldn't mind a game with Wagner, which defeated us in the 2012 playoffs.

crusader11
September 27th, 2023, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure "scheduling down" is the way here.

So Colgate beats up on a couple of Pioneer and NEC teams. What does that really accomplish? Getting to a record of 5-6 instead of 3-8?

Colgate isn't Georgetown insofar as if they didn't schedule an annual game with Marist and other PFL / NEC teams, they could conceivably looking at 0-11 and 1-10 seasons.

They are still a full-scholarship program that isn't THAT far removed from winning multiples games in the FCS Playoffs. We aren't talking about Georgetown of today or Columbia of years ago. They shouldn't be that far away from getting things back on track.

Scoring a couple cheap wins a year is boring, IMO.

Go...gate
September 27th, 2023, 09:23 AM

So Colgate beats up on a couple of Pioneer and NEC teams. What does that really accomplish? Getting to a record of 5-6 instead of 3-8?

Colgate isn't Georgetown insofar as if they didn't schedule an annual game with Marist and other PFL / NEC teams, they could conceivably looking at 0-11 and 1-10 seasons.

They are still a full-scholarship program that isn't THAT far removed from winning multiples games in the FCS Playoffs. We aren't talking about Georgetown of today or Columbia of years ago. They shouldn't be that far away from getting things back on track.

Scoring a couple cheap wins a year is boring, IMO.

i agree, and so does our President.

Unspoken in all of this is that the school has been through this type of situation before and has recovered.

Go Green
September 27th, 2023, 09:37 AM
Scheduling down worked for Bill Snyder at Kanas State.

And Dartmouth. Once we junked our annual games in the 2000s against then-powerhouses Colgate, Holy Cross, and UNH and scheduled less competitive teams (Bucknell, PFL, mediocre NEC teams) the wins started to come. And it carried over to our Ivy opponents as well.

Of course, other improvements to the program were going on. But a manageable OOC schedule was definitely part of the formula.

DFW HOYA
September 27th, 2023, 10:11 AM

We aren't talking about Georgetown of today or Columbia of years ago. They shouldn't be that far away from getting things back on track.

Scheduling down never really works. So Georgetown finishes 2-9 instead of 1-10. What does that do?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2023, 10:36 AM
Scheduling down never really works. So Georgetown finishes 2-9 instead of 1-10. What does that do?

Bill Snyder would beg to differ. K-State does not emerge as a national power in the 90's without his scheduling philosophy of building confidence, building momentum, building institutional credibility....

DFW HOYA
September 27th, 2023, 11:26 AM
Bill Snyder would beg to differ. K-State does not emerge as a national power in the 90's without his scheduling philosophy of building confidence, building momentum, building institutional credibility....

I can see where it worked for KSU and the pressure it was facing to stay in the Big 8. However, it has not worked for Georgetown in that it does not build confidence, momentum, or institutional credibility playing the opponents it does. However, it may be all they can get and that's frustrating on a lot of levels. At least Dakosty can still get quality opponents.

Sader87
September 27th, 2023, 03:02 PM
The vast majority of FCS teams would be at best 1-3 if they had played Colgate's schedule so far this season. I think many would also be 0-4.

They looked decent at times vs HC....was worried until we made a big stop on a 4th and 1 and turned the game around early in the 2nd Q. They'll win some games this year imo.

crusader11
September 27th, 2023, 03:06 PM
The vast majority of FCS teams would be at best 1-3 if they had played Colgate's schedule so far this season. I think many would also be 0-4.

They looked decent at times vs HC....was worried until we made a big stop on a 4th and 1 and turned the game around early in the 2nd Q. They'll win some games this year imo.

Agree. Not so much the record as it is being totally non-competitive.

They've been outscored 174-32.

Their game against Cornell this weekend should be very telling. If they're not competitive in a rivalry game against a Cornell team in which Lehigh played pretty tough, I don't think Stan D lasts beyond this season.

Pard4Life
September 27th, 2023, 08:33 PM

Agree - we played Duke and look what a motivator that was. Granted, we had a great schedule in 2016 and it did nothing. Key is having a team that can be competitive - then scheduling up helps more than hurts.

Go...gate
September 27th, 2023, 11:50 PM

Thanks, Sader87.

Go Green
September 28th, 2023, 07:47 AM
if we assume that Colgate's struggles began in 2019, they are 2-17 out of conference since then and counting.

And they've played some very good teams in that time.

But by all means, if Colgate wants to continue upon its present course, go for it.

Colgate TD
September 28th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Appreciate all you PL posters taking on the Colgate FB disaster. It's good to get some insight from those far away from the action, and who ...mostly....have good intentions.

I don't know what to say, and have no answers. As in the '90s we may be going through a fallow period that we will recover from in time. It's just too bad for the players who are putting in all the hours of practice and seeing no results. Perhaps it's time to can the "3 downs and a cloud of dust" philosophy and go for the Air Coryell system of going with a wide open offense. Mix it up a bit. We don't have to be the staid running game team of the past. Lets recruit players that want to sling it and go for broke. Just a suggestion.

I see it: Colgate 26 Cornell 17. The beginning of redemption.

DFW HOYA
September 28th, 2023, 05:46 PM
Colgate is a solid Tier 2 school in the PL standings, along with Lehigh and, from time to time, Lafayette. Yes, Colgate and Lehigh once sat at the top, but they are not Bucknell or Georgetown, either. In that sense I do not see undue alarm at where it is.

The 2023 pre-season schedule was (and is) prohibitive. Outside of Holy Cross, how would any Patriot League school fare with this opening lineup: at Syracuse, at Villanova, Penn, and at Holy Cross?. There are lessons to come out of Colgate's start which often lead to success in October and November. Every remaining game on Colgate's schedule is winnable, and none before the season finale at Fordham is insurmountable.

Kramden
September 28th, 2023, 06:28 PM
Colgate is a solid Tier 2 school in the PL standings, along with Lehigh and, from time to time, Lafayette. Yes, Colgate and Lehigh once sat at the top, but they are not Bucknell or Georgetown, either. In that sense I do not see undue alarm at where it is.

The 2023 pre-season schedule was (and is) prohibitive. Outside of Holy Cross, how would any Patriot League school fare with this opening lineup: at Syracuse, at Villanova, Penn, and at Holy Cross?. There are lessons to come out of Colgate's start which often lead to success in October and November. Every remaining game on Colgate's schedule is winnable, and none before the season finale at Fordham is insurmountable.

One man’s opinion. They stink. Slow small soft. No fight. I’m embarrassed and they need to hit bottom to rebuild back. Again just my opinion.

Leopard Loyalist
September 28th, 2023, 10:18 PM
I love how the culture of the PL programs manifests itself on this board.

Lehigh and Colgate: Rightful champions of not so long ago, now reduced to rebuilding into an uncertain future. Many lamentations from the faithful. “This is not right! This must be fixed.”

Holy Cross: Finally restored to the glory of the good old days before they were forced to submit to Patriot League rules. Some now talking about moving to FBS (this from the HC forum).

Lafayette: The rebuilding effort is finally picking up steam after a decade or so. But the Leopard fan mindset is still one of being in the middle of the pack, best exemplified by winning the PL championship with a 5-6 record on the season (2013, source of the infamous “Lafayette at New Hampshire” thread).

Fordham: We should be at the top. Or almost. But do we really belong in the PL?

Georgetown: All hope is lost (and getting worse) as long as the program is non-scholarship.

Bucknell: Crickets. At least Georgetown has DFW Hoya.

NY Crusader 2010
September 29th, 2023, 09:00 AM

Lehigh and Colgate: Rightful champions of not so long ago, now reduced to rebuilding into an uncertain future. Many lamentations from the faithful. “This is not right! This must be fixed.”

Holy Cross: Finally restored to the glory of the good old days before they were forced to submit to Patriot League rules. Some now talking about moving to FBS (this from the HC forum).

Lafayette: The rebuilding effort is finally picking up steam after a decade or so. But the Leopard fan mindset is still one of being in the middle of the pack, best exemplified by winning the PL championship with a 5-6 record on the season (2013, source of the infamous “Lafayette at New Hampshire” thread).

Georgetown: All hope is lost (and getting worse) as long as the program is non-scholarship.

There's a better chance of Holy Cross winning a national championship in Men's Lacrosse, winning the Frozen Four and making it to the Final Four in MBB in the same year than football ever going FBS.

Go...gate
September 29th, 2023, 10:01 AM
Monmouth 27, Lehigh 16

Cornell 31, Colgate 14

Fordham 33, Georgetown 20

Lafayette 17, Bucknell 13

Holy Cross 36, Harvard 21

Bonus Pick: Princeton 23, Columbia 19

Leopard Loyalist
September 29th, 2023, 03:06 PM
Monmouth 34, Lehigh 21

Cornell 28, Colgate 10

Fordham 35, Georgetown 7

Lafayette 31, Bucknell 13

Holy Cross 38, Harvard 24

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2023, 07:58 PM

I can tell you what my mindset is on Lafayette: we are a top tier PL team with the most distinguished history in the PL but the Admin does not ever want to fully commit to the program and accepts mediocrity.

RichH2
September 29th, 2023, 09:54 PM
Monmouth over Lehigh. Lehigh has yet to play a complete game.
Cornell over Gate. No clue what to expect from Gate.

Fordham easily
Pards over Bison. Slug fest.
Holy Cross over Harvard

Sader87
September 30th, 2023, 01:59 AM
I can tell you what my mindset is on Lafayette: we are a top tier PL team with the most distinguished history in the PL but the Admin does not ever want to fully commit to the program and accepts mediocrity.

It matters not a whit, all the PL schools have had their football glory ovah the last 100+ years or so (yes, even Georgetown and Bucknell) but no school in the PL has had the continuous success or playing at a higher level than Holy Cross ovah that time period. Georgetown and Fordham dropped D1 football for decades, the Pennsy schools played at a lower level for decades and Colgate, while good at times, can't match HC's overall football success from the 1930's onward.

And no, I am not pushing for HC going FBS here..... xdrunkyx

Bill
September 30th, 2023, 08:30 AM
It matters not a whit, all the PL schools have had their football glory ovah the last 100+ years or so (yes, even Georgetown and Bucknell) but no school in the PL has had the continuous success or playing at a higher level than Holy Cross ovah that time period. Georgetown and Fordham dropped D1 football for decades, the Pennsy schools played at a lower level for decades and Colgate, while good at times, can't match HC's overall football success from the 1930's onward.

And no, I am not pushing for HC going FBS here..... xdrunkyx

As the son of a Colgate grad (and sibling of others), be careful when you include the 1930's in anything. They still haven't gotten past their legendary 1932 season!;)

Pards Rule
September 30th, 2023, 09:02 AM
Spread on Lafayette-Bucknell?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 09:11 AM
Cornell 31 Colgate 17
Lafayette 20 Bucknell 10
Holy Cross 41 Harvard 23
Fordham 49 Georgetown 24
Monmouth 27 Lehigh 17

IslandPard
September 30th, 2023, 11:52 AM

The tide is changing! The President is completely onboard (although the faculty is giving her issues). Her and the AD are on the same page. We now have some LC all-time greats on the Board of Trustees. Troxell held an alumni Zoom call in the off-season and he's addressing every issue that has held us back. Roster size, assistant coach pay, etc. Gravalico can attest to this.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 12:19 PM
Monmouth 7 Lehigh 0 7:25 1Q

Setup by a 66 yard run....

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 12:20 PM
Gonna be another long day…….

CHIP72
September 30th, 2023, 12:24 PM
****ing SportsNet New York is supposed to be televising Lehigh/Monmouth but it isn't on. (I have that channel on Verizon FiOS.) UGH!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Lehigh's second offensive possession...
Silbor pass for -4 yards
Silbor incomplete pass
Silbor incomplete pass
punt...

this type of offensive nonsense has to end.....

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 12:32 PM
More LU guys down on every series. I said last week they are the most injured team in FCS. Why?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 12:42 PM
Cahill and Hunt have to give another QB a chance. They have, hopefully, two highly regarded QB's coming in next year who should battle it out to be the future of the program. Until then, give whoever is on the roster a chance. I never, ever got the Silbor kool-aid...

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 12:46 PM
Agree. Team needs a LEADER. He is not it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 12:51 PM
Agree. Team needs a LEADER. He is not it.

Offensive seems to have woken up some. I'm relying on gamecast which showed a Silbor INT before....

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 12:58 PM
Offensive seems to have woken up some. I'm relying on gamecast which showed a Silbor INT before....

Running game is non-existent. Wait…… Silbor just scored

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 01:00 PM
Running game is non-existent. Wait…… Silbor just scored

Nullified because of a pentalty....but eventually Silbor gets in...wow, that was an absurd drive....15 plays 80 yards...

7-7 8:56 2Q

Feels like another winnable game. This team has talent, it's just deficient in key areas....

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 01:06 PM
D is really struggling. Listening on radio. But I suspect they are outmanned again.

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 01:13 PM
Game over! This team is dead in the water. Pic 6. Looking forward to watching Pard’s at 3:30

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 01:14 PM
D is really struggling. Listening on radio. But I suspect they are outmanned again.

The completion percentages they're allowing the last two weeks seems to defy probability. With that said, Monmouth usually has really good skill players. If Lehigh can get to half "only" allowing 14-17 points that's not terrible. At the end of the day in the year 2023, the offense has to win you some games....

- - - Updated - - -

Silbor with a pick 6....now they're pretty much done...wow.....that escalated quickly...

Monmouth 21-7 5:55 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 01:22 PM
Cornell 7 Colgate 0 9:51 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 01:35 PM
Colgate 7 Cornell 7 5:00 1Q

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 01:38 PM
Monmouth running away now. 28-7

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 01:45 PM
Monmouth 28 Lehigh 7 Half

Just bad....team seems to have regressed the last two weeks....

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 02:09 PM
Now 35-7 Monmouth

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 02:15 PM
Monmouth 42 Lehigh 7 8:35 3Q

This is embarrassing. Team appears to have quit.....

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 02:15 PM
42-7 after a 92 yd run up the gut!

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 02:20 PM
Just you and me today Owl! Looks like the fans quit too😡. Hard to blame them.

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 02:25 PM
49-7. Monmouth will get over 600 yards soon.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 02:27 PM
Just you and me today Owl! Looks like the fans quit too. Hard to blame them.

Something is clearly going on. After the Silbor pick 6 the team has literally given up. Not sure I remember a Gilmore team putting forth such a deplorable effort. This is 2018 all over. At least those outcomes could be reasoned....

Monmouth 49 Lehigh 7 4:32 4Q

Pards Rule
September 30th, 2023, 02:31 PM
I remember the infamous quit game vs Harvard of Pards in 2010.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 02:32 PM
Georgetown 14 Fordham 7 1:28 2Q
Cornell 17 Colgate 14 Half

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2023, 02:36 PM
At the half:
Fordham 7
Georgetown 14

Fordham outgained 221-82, with four offsides penalties that led to first downs. Were the Rams out a little late last night?

Pards Rule
September 30th, 2023, 02:42 PM
Pards partially block a Bison FG of 41 yards. 9:19 left in 1st at 0-0

Southsider
Lehigh driving……… but fumbles at the 15. You can’t make this up. Putrid

Pards Rule
Pards have two sacks already

Pards Rule
September 30th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Curtis TD run, 7-0

The Boogie Down
September 30th, 2023, 02:53 PM
At the half:
Fordham 7
Georgetown 14

Fordham outgained 221-82, with four offsides penalties that led to first downs. Were the Rams out a little late last night?

I don't know but after that performance I wouldn't wanna be in the visiting locker room.

crusader11
September 30th, 2023, 03:09 PM
Zero pride in the Lehigh locker room.

IslandPard
September 30th, 2023, 03:13 PM
21-0 Pards. 2 big plays from freshmen!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 03:26 PM
Zero pride in the Lehigh locker room.

I agree! I'm not buying this all about a lack of talent. The last 6 quarters are far more a result of lack of heart and accountability. When Silbor threw the pick 6 the team quit! If I'm Cahill I am already evaluating Hunt and Nagy for next year. Hunt has literally brought nothing to table as far as I can see....

Remise
September 30th, 2023, 03:32 PM
Colgate just scored early in the fourth quarter, and now leads Cornell 21-17.

- - - Updated - - -

Colgate just scored early in the fourth quarter, and now leads Cornell 21-17.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 03:40 PM
I don't know but after that performance I wouldn't wanna be in the visiting locker room.

And here I thought the term "Conlining" was forever gone from message board lexicon....

Remise
September 30th, 2023, 03:49 PM
And as a minor update, Colgate missed a 40-yard FG, then Cornell fumbled on their own 20. With 6:24 remaining, Colgate has the ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 03:52 PM
TD 'Gate! Raiders playing hard for Stan!

'Gate 28 Cornell 17 5:48 4Q

crusader11
September 30th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Maybe the letter worked...

Remise
September 30th, 2023, 03:53 PM
P.S. Colgate now leads, 28-17, with 5:48 to go. Osborne filled in for Brescia at QB, when the latter was hurt on the first play of the game. And Chris Gee -- a freshman whose name I have never heard before -- just scored, and is having a stellar game. He looks to me like what I can only call a traditional Colgate running back. And the offensive line is finally playing the way Colgate offensive lines used to play. Cornell may not be a powerhouse, but they were 2-0 going into this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 04:07 PM
TD Cornell

Colgate 28 Cornell 25 2:29 4Q
Fordham 24 Georgetown 21 1:52 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 04:14 PM
Georgetown TD!!

Hoyas 28-24 0:56 4Q

Has Georgetown ever beaten a ranked FCS team?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 04:17 PM
Gates seals it with a strip sack in the end zone!

'Gate 35 Cornell 25 1:37 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 04:21 PM
Georgetown pulls the stunner!

Hoyas 28 Rams 24 Final

Remise
September 30th, 2023, 04:26 PM
Final score: Colgate 35, Cornell 25. I think you could call this an upset.

The Boogie Down
September 30th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Georgetown pulls the stunner!

Hoyas 28 Rams 24 Final

From the stats, the tempo and overall discipline Georgetown 100% deserved to win. But Conlin sure does help.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Lafayette 42 Bucknell 12 Half

'Pards definitely appear to be HC's #1 challenger...

Pards Rule
September 30th, 2023, 04:46 PM
Pards with 370 yards first half and 5 sacks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

When ever did Pards have 42 at half??

bonarae
September 30th, 2023, 04:54 PM
Barring any miracles, Holy Cross may also go down too... Harvard leads 14-7 start 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Harvard 21 Holy Cross 7 10:53 2Q

Southsider
September 30th, 2023, 05:03 PM
Monmouth 42 Lehigh 7 8:35 3Q

This is embarrassing. Team appears to have quit.....

Yes, but on who? Teammates or coaches? What a disaster. Will Troyan still want the job?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 05:07 PM
TD Crusaders! Took a gutsy 4th and 6 conversion around midfield to keep the drive going....

Harvard 21 HC 14 6:49 2Q

fillfittonfield
September 30th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Biggest win for the Hoyas since…(cue DFW)

Go...gate
September 30th, 2023, 05:23 PM
Maybe the letter worked...

They also had former Coach Fred Dunlap '50, who played on Andy Kerr's last team, address the squad late in the week. It definitely worked. Colgate played a fired-up game and was very strong on the lines.

Go...gate
September 30th, 2023, 05:26 PM
Georgetown TD!!

Hoyas 28-24 0:56 4Q

Has Georgetown ever beaten a ranked FCS team?

Until today, they had not. Congratulations to the Hoyas!

The Boogie Down
September 30th, 2023, 05:26 PM
Biggest win for the Hoyas since…(cue DFW)

I know they came very close to beating Colgate the year the Raiders got to the Championship Game. But I'm not sure they've ever beaten a ranked team before xchinscratchx

Go...gate
September 30th, 2023, 05:29 PM
I am very pleased to see Colgate break through.

Go...gate
September 30th, 2023, 05:31 PM
Final score: Colgate 35, Cornell 25. I think you could call this an upset.

You never know in a rivalry game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 05:32 PM
Holy Cross TD...although i think they might have got away with one. Looked like the WR was still bobbling the ball while he was on the end line?

Harvard 28 Holy Cross 21 0:26 2Q

Pards Rule
September 30th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Pards are just doing 2nd stringers and handing off...Pard TD with a few minutes left 56-15! Most Pard ponts since??? Bucknell vs Cross next week

Go...gate
September 30th, 2023, 05:39 PM
A barn-burner in Cambridge!

bonarae
September 30th, 2023, 05:40 PM
A barn-burner in Cambridge!

Holy Cross-Harvard is a neutral site game nearer to HC.

NY Crusader 2010
September 30th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Holy Cross-Harvard is a neutral site game nearer to HC.

It's a Holy Cross home game at Polar Park in downtown Worcester. Home of the AAA Worcester Red Sox.

35-21 Johnnies late third. Big TD by Harvard on 4th and 8 from about the 32.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 06:26 PM
These next 17+ minutes are going to be interesting. If HC loses this game they could be staring a 4-5 loss season the face....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 07:00 PM
Harvard 38 Holy Cross 21 4:15 4Q

crusader11
September 30th, 2023, 07:04 PM
A but butt whooping Harvard has given Holy Cross!

Tim Murphy flat out out-coached Chesney tonight. He's the one coach who's had Chesney's number, IMO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 07:05 PM

Tim Murphy flat out out-coached Chesney tonight. He's the one coach who's had Chesney's number, IMO.

Harvard has been the better team all night but at least HC is going down swinging...

Crimson 38-28 3:12 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 07:17 PM
Harvard holds on 4th down! They'll take a knee and run out the clock.

Holy Cross now has to beat Army to have any chance at a seed. As it is, I think this loss pretty much kills their chances of making it to Frisco. Sadly, 8-3 and another PL Title isn't going to carry much weight come playoff time. They'll have their hands full with Lafayette again....

Son of Eli
September 30th, 2023, 07:26 PM

Murphy is one of the all time greats. Chesney will long remember it.

Ivytalk
September 30th, 2023, 07:38 PM
Three picks and two fumble recoveries for the Crimson. And Harvard didn’t turn the ball over once. This win will give the Cantab boys some confidence.

Son of Eli
September 30th, 2023, 07:41 PM
Three picks and two fumble recoveries for the Crimson. And Harvard didn’t turn the ball over once. This win will give the Cantab boys some confidence.

The roughing the kicker was in effect another Holy Cross turnover. Hard to win that way, no matter how good you are.

BNiche
September 30th, 2023, 07:49 PM
So after all of that, where the heck are we as a league?

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2023, 08:19 PM
Murphy is one of the all time greats. Chesney will long remember it.

Chesney is a great coach but Tim Murphy is HOF caliber, and alongside Cozza and Blackman in Ivy annals.

gravalico
September 30th, 2023, 08:51 PM
Wow. Not sure I remember seeing such a dominant Lafayette win. Such a balanced team. I find the offense sneaky. You don't really realize how throughly they are dominating a team until they show replays and you can watch this o-line. The are a brick wall when protecting Dinobli and they are road graders when opening up holes for the tiny, yet mighty running backs. We aren't hitting tons of explosive plays (though there are some). We're just consistently, systematically taking small to medium chunks of yards...and we're doing it every damn possession. It's crazy.

Defense...nothing sneaky about that. They are just dominating. I mean 7 sacks last week. How many did it end up being today? At least that. And everyone is getting in on the action. The freshman who got a chance tonight illustrate we ought to be pretty damn good for years to come.

Special teams still remain a heart attack. Not to the level of last year but we need to see progress on that front. Not sure why our new freshman kicker is so damn inconsistent on kick offs. It's like when they screw up my coffee at Dunkin. I want to drive back and remind them, "you have one job". Oh well, hopefully 2/3rds of our game will mitigate our very lackluster (absolutely no luster) kicking game.

Just a great job by the staff and the players. Keep it rolling Pards!

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

gravalico
September 30th, 2023, 08:55 PM
I can tell you what my mindset is on Lafayette: we are a top tier PL team with the most distinguished history in the PL but the Admin does not ever want to fully commit to the program and accepts mediocrity.John has had nothing but very positive things about this administration publically and privately. Both President Hurd and Sharyta seem to be the combination we have been longing for for decades. Hopefully the culture change will start to spill into the student body as the wins pile up. We need more asses in the seats to help quell any of the less than enthusiastic faculty.

MUHAWKS
September 30th, 2023, 09:15 PM
Wow. Not sure I remember seeing such a dominant Lafayette win. Such a balanced team. I find the offense sneaky. You don't really realize how throughly they are dominating a team until they show replays and you can watch this o-line. The are a brick wall when protecting Dinobli and they are road graders when opening up holes for the tiny, yet mighty running backs. We aren't hitting tons of explosive plays (though there are some). We're just consistently, systematically taking small to medium chunks of yards...and we're doing it every damn possession. It's crazy.

Defense...nothing sneaky about that. They are just dominating. I mean 7 sacks last week. How many did it end up being today? At least that. And everyone is getting in on the action. The freshman who got a chance tonight illustrate we ought to be pretty damn good for years to come.

Special teams still remain a heart attack. Not to the level of last year but we need to see progress on that front. Not sure why our new freshman kicker is so damn inconsistent on kick offs. It's like when they screw up my coffee at Dunkin. I want to drive back and remind them, "you have one job". Oh well, hopefully 2/3rds of our game will mitigate our very lackluster (absolutely no luster) kicking game.

Not saying this b/c you took it to us, but I agree. I am on record before the year saying do not look past The Pards. They are a solid and balanced team. Probably will not wow anyone offensively but like you said, sneaky good and efficient and with that Defese they only need to be efficient. I thought Fordham was average eve before todays loss, but I really think The Pards can knock off The cross. Not sure a 2 loss Pards team will get the benefit of the doubt in the at large playoff look (though possible) but either way keep winning games and lets see what happens. I was at the Princeton game last night, they are extremely beatable and not even close to what they have been in recent years. Their defense can be run on (great for you) and with Your D being so good, Lafayette should handle them barring any weird cheapness.

Sader87
September 30th, 2023, 09:39 PM
Just got back from Polar Park, a venue I won't return to for a football game btw.

Some humble pie for the Saders and their followers tonight...but you don't win with a 0-5 turnovah margin (and as someone mentioned above, a roughing the punter penalty in the end-zone.) Hats off to the Johnnies though, they seemed to keep HC (and Sluka) off-balance all night.

Silver lining is that HC will now be laser-focused for the remaining PL games. This game reminded me of the Merrimack game we lost at Fitton in 2021. Kept shooting ourselves in the foot etc. The team that year responded by running away with the PL. Kills any "seed" talk but I think HC will be very tough to beat in the PL moving forward this season.

BNiche
September 30th, 2023, 09:58 PM
Silver lining is that HC will now be laser-focused for the remaining PL games.

Same could be said about Fordham. Very curious about how both teams will respond against Lafayette.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 10:08 PM
Same could be said about Fordham. Very curious about how both teams will respond against Lafayette.

Lafayette has been the most impressive team so far imo. They're the favorite heading into league play. Holy Cross did not start the year all that great by allowing Merrimack to hang around and Sluka's turnovers have cost them two games. The defense is also a major concern at this point. The Crusaders are still quite good but this team has not taken that next step like many anticipated. Top 15 maybe. Top 5? No way...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2023, 10:19 PM
PL Power Rankings after September?
1. Lafayette
2. Holy Cross
3. Georgetown
4. Fordham
5. Colgate
6. Bucknell
7. Lehigh

The bottom two are still truly awful. Still not convinced today was anything more than a one off for Colgate. They have a bye before Dartmouth comes to Hamilton.

Sader87
September 30th, 2023, 10:24 PM
Please.....who has Lafayette beaten so far? Sacred Heart, Monmouth, Columbia and Bucknell.

But by all means, make them the PL favorite. Look forward to their game at Fitton on 10/21.

MUHAWKS
September 30th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Please.....who has Lafayette beaten so far? Sacred Heart, Monmouth, Columbia and Bucknell.

But by all means, make them the PL favorite. Look forward to their game at Fitton on 10/21.

Same can basically be said for The Cross- No skin in the game but Lafayette has a VERY good defense, a lot of confidence and an offense just good enough that may get better. They played ya'll tough last year. Now I will admit HC gets the benefit of ANY doubt b/c of last year, Sluka, Chesney but if we sort of cross out week 1 for both of you guys (they just get by a bad sacred heart team, you guys had to pull away later against a bad Merrimack team who lost to Lehigh) They beat the living crap out of us. I am NOT saying Monmouth is "good" but we have a lot of talent and they absolutely took it to us-- took it to us way more than Campbell and our Offense was able to do more against an FBS team. While we were riddled with injuries I was absolutely impressed. Does that mean they are better than the Cross or should be the faves? Probably not but IMO they are at worst a clear second and have the best shot at knocking you guys off. I have all the respect in the world for Chesney and HC but do not take The Pards lightly. They cannot help who they have played and beat. So yeah a close loss to BC and ass kicking of Yale and Colgate is prob a better resume than beating Monmouth, Bucknell and Columbia but They destroyed Bucknell and although was 28-20 against us they took it to us and They destroyed a not bad Columbia team and seem to get better each week.

Go...gate
October 1st, 2023, 03:06 AM
1. Lafayette
2. Holy Cross
3. Georgetown
4. Fordham
5. Colgate
6. Bucknell
7. Lehigh

The bottom two are still truly awful. Still not convinced today was anything more than a one off for Colgate. They have a bye before Dartmouth comes to Hamilton.

Colgate has a great deal of work to do; however, this was a badly needed victory. Dartmouth, which beat Pennsylvania today, will be very tough on October 14.

I am impressed with Georgetown's win against a good Fordham club.

Lafayette plays Princeton this week. The Tiger is still trying to find a consistent offense.

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 05:10 AM

But by all means, make them the PL favorite. Look forward to their game at Fitton on 10/21.To be the best you have to beat the best. And HC remains the best. I will be picking Lafayette to win that game but at this point it remains a homer pick made with my heart more than my head. I suspect HC will come away from their loss like a team possessed because that's what good teams do. We could have very easily won last year's match up but for horrific special teams play. And that HC team was marginally better than this year's team while the Leopards are miles ahead of where they were last year. So it's not completely a homer pick.

The fact that we are in the conversation of who the best team in the league is a huge indicator as to how on track we are in the program's turn around. I mean when was the last time a Division 2 coach took the healm of a struggling PL team and brought that team to a PL championship in year two? When? Hmmm...

I will be at Fitton Field for that game. I hope it lives up to the hype! Go Pards!

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:18 AM
The roughing the kicker was in effect another Holy Cross turnover. Hard to win that way, no matter how good you are.

Good call! Quite true indeed

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:25 AM

Grav, totally agree. I had the occasion to listening to live Bison audio of it as I dont have ESPN+ and apparently none of the bars on LBI have it either! But toward the end the two Bison commentators (God they sounded like and acted like Doyle & Dominsky of 101.5) paid tribute to the Pard O line "opening up holes and space we could run through" and of course couldnt complement the D any more. BTW seven sacks! Billy Schaffer had 3.5, HALF! Anyways toward the end they ratlled off Pard roster as a spectre of future matchups: frosh, soph, soph, soph, jr, frosh...a huge tribute to Trox and his crew as those soph & frosh came with his group running recruiting. Im going to Princeton. I feel good about a W for what first time since 2002?? Time to tail whip Tigers at their place.

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:28 AM
John has had nothing but very positive things about this administration publically and privately. Both President Hurd and Sharyta seem to be the combination we have been longing for for decades. Hopefully the culture change will start to spill into the student body as the wins pile up. We need more asses in the seats to help quell any of the less than enthusiastic faculty.

Totally agree. And dont forget Chairman of BOT Bob Sell my classmate '84 and good friend...we lived next to each other in South College facing Marquis. His room is now gone fashioned into a cooking area for lounge. My #160, first floor, still exists! Bob is big Pard athletics backer!

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 06:30 AM
Grav, totally agree. I had the occasion to listening to live Bison audio of it as I dont have ESPN+ and apparently none of the bars on LBI have it either! But toward the end the two Bison commentators (God they sounded like and acted like Doyle & Dominsky of 101.5) paid tribute to the Pard O line "opening up holes and space we could run through" and of course couldnt complement the D any more. BTW seven sacks! Billy Schaffer had 3.5, HALF! Anyways toward the end they ratlled off Pard roster as a spectre of future matchups: frosh, soph, soph, soph, jr, frosh...a huge tribute to Trox and his crew as those soph & frosh came with his group running recruiting. Im going to Princeton. I feel good about a W for what first time since 2002?? Time to tail whip Tigers at their place.Great stuff! I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around these match ups, not because of any on-field factors; simply because I don't recall the last time I could think about playing teams like Princeton and the like and being favored to win. Changing the culture extends to the fan base and I have to admit, I'm still suspicious and reluctant.

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:32 AM
Not saying this b/c you took it to us, but I agree. I am on record before the year saying do not look past The Pards. They are a solid and balanced team. Probably will not wow anyone offensively but like you said, sneaky good and efficient and with that Defese they only need to be efficient. I thought Fordham was average eve before todays loss, but I really think The Pards can knock off The cross. Not sure a 2 loss Pards team will get the benefit of the doubt in the at large playoff look (though possible) but either way keep winning games and lets see what happens. I was at the Princeton game last night, they are extremely beatable and not even close to what they have been in recent years. Their defense can be run on (great for you) and with Your D being so good, Lafayette should handle them barring any weird cheapness.

Thx Hawks. Im still favoring Cross in our matchup. They are way good. Not that we arent but...Are you going to Princeton? I will be there! Send me DM if you are going please

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:34 AM

I dont reside in that camp, Sader. You folks are way good. I look forward to a very good game Oct 21. We are still in rebuilding mode. Admittedly it is going better than expected.

MUHAWKS
October 1st, 2023, 11:21 AM
Thx Hawks. Im still favoring Cross in our matchup. They are way good. Not that we arent but...Are you going to Princeton? I will be there! Send me DM if you are going please

No sir, I will be at Columbia, my good friend took over the HC job from Bagnoli so when not at Monmouth games (bye this week) I will see him play. But believe me when I tell you, Princeton is nothing lie they were. They run a ton of bubble screens and QB draws, basically if your DB's can see it and tackle well and you contain the BS misdirection and QB draws and your DB's can cover adequately they should not score more than 17 points. And that may be eve be a lot.

Leopard Loyalist
October 1st, 2023, 12:09 PM
T

The fact that we are in the conversation of who the best team in the league is a huge indicator as to how on track we are in the program's turn around. I mean when was the last time a Division 2 coach took the healm of a struggling PL team and brought that team to a PL championship in year two? When? Hmmm...

Agreed, but for the record F&M is Division 3, while Assumption is Division 2.

CHIP72
October 1st, 2023, 12:46 PM
Agreed, but for the record F&M is Division 3, while Assumption is Division 2.

Ironically, Bob Chesney moved from Assumption to fellow Worcester school, DI-AA/FCS Holy Cross and won a Patriot League championship in Year 2.

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 02:31 PM
Agreed, but for the record F&M is Division 3, while Assumption is Division 2.Ah yes, you are correct. So it's even more compelling.

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 02:32 PM
Ironically, Bob Chesney moved from Assumption to fellow Worcester school, DI-AA/FCS Holy Cross and won a Patriot League championship in Year 2.Yeah that's where I was going with it. Wouldn't mind if Trox was the second iteration of Chesney.

Leopard Loyalist
October 1st, 2023, 07:04 PM
Yeah that's where I was going with it. Wouldn't mind if Trox was the second iteration of Chesney.

If Troxell is the second iteration of Chesney, we would have an added bonus--potentially a long tenure. Apparently there's no desire to jump up to FBS. This is already his dream job.

gravalico
October 1st, 2023, 07:32 PM
If Troxell is the second iteration of Chesney, we would have an added bonus--potentially a long tenure. Apparently there's no desire to jump up to FBS. This is already his dream job.Yeah but we need also need Hurd and Sharyta to stick around for a while. Or people like them. But...for now anyway, optimism is high.

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2023, 02:04 PM
Hey THREE Pards got Patriot honors this week - DeNobile Offensive, Billy Schaeffer defensive and Troy Bruce special teams with a blocked punt. Georgetown RB won rookie of week - must have been close with Carson Persing of Lafayette

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2023, 09:20 PM
1. Lafayette
2. Holy Cross
3. Georgetown
4. Fordham
5. Colgate
6. Bucknell
7. Lehigh

Oh come on... stop trying to build us up so you can laugh at our fall. At best, we are #3. I do not care that Fordham lost to Georgetown. Both HC and FU have more experience. HC knows how to win big games. They have been to the playoffs. They are seasoned. We have beaten meh teams and our pass defense melts before the warm knife hits. Pards are a work in progress and yes, there has been progress.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2023, 09:26 PM
John has had nothing but very positive things about this administration publically and privately. Both President Hurd and Sharyta seem to be the combination we have been longing for for decades. Hopefully the culture change will start to spill into the student body as the wins pile up. We need more asses in the seats to help quell any of the less than enthusiastic faculty.

That's great to hear! I have heard the same about Hurd, though I was speaking historically of what has gone on for 80+ years. I have seen multiple comments about students today not engaged with football, being fans, showing up to games etc. I do not buy that argument. In years past there has been a student section with 100+ kids (ok for at least a half)... shocking considering we were abysmal. When Lafayette was winning in the late 2000s, students never really showed up. I think that if we get to the Colgate and Fordham games with a winning mark, they will be there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2023, 09:26 PM
Oh come on... stop trying to build us up so you can laugh at our fall. At best, we are #3. I do not care that Fordham lost to Georgetown. Both HC and FU have more experience. HC knows how to win big games. They have been to the playoffs. They are seasoned. We have beaten meh teams and our pass defense melts before the warm knife hits. Pards are a work in progress and yes, there has been progress.

As Steven A. Smith would say, it's fluid....lol. Right now the 'Pard's stock is the highest. I have been legitimately impressed relative to the rest of the league. Win this week at Princeton and it will be even harder to deny relatively speaking.

Fordham will always gag one or two away until Conlin. That's their "thing". Holy Cross is going to demolish Bucknell. Army, Fordham, and Lafayette will determine their fate. This season could still end up historically great in Worcester or turn into one of the greatest heartbreaks if they fail to make the playoffs/don't win the league and Chesney leaves.

Lehigh is absolutely atrocious. The worse Lafayette makes Lehigh look the more the pressure ramps up, or so I hope. It worked in the late 2000s....

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2023, 09:34 PM

You guys have arrived, IMO. Don't sell yourselves short. The future is now. Good luck against Princeton -- I hope you make history next week and not the following week :)

That being said, I have enough respect from what I've seen of the Leopards as of now that I would have you guys as slight favorites against us if the game were in Easton. Fordham is dangerous but not consistent. They got pushed around in DC on Saturday, badly.

While I'm at it my PL Power Rankings:

1) Holy Cross
2) Lafayette
3) Fordham
4) Georgetown
5) Colgate
6) Bucknell
7) Lehigh

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 05:36 AM
You guys have arrived, IMO. Don't sell yourselves short. The future is now. Good luck against Princeton -- I hope you make history next week and not the following week :)

That being said, I have enough respect from what I've seen of the Leopards as of now that I would have you guys as slight favorites against us if the game were in Easton. Fordham is dangerous but not consistent. They got pushed around in DC on Saturday, badly.

1) Holy Cross
2) Lafayette
3) Fordham
4) Georgetown
5) Colgate
6) Bucknell
7) LehighOh man I don't think we're ahead of Fordham yet let alone HC. All the potential is there but you don't get to be of that caliber until you prove week in and week out that you can win the games you are supposed to win. We've done that this year thus far and we represented ourself much better than the BS score would indicate against Duke. That being said I don't think we've arrived to the upper echelon until the end of the season and we can say we took care of business. The thing that pleases me the most thus far is we show up and trade punches with whomever is lined up against us. There is no intimidation. There is no quit. We have a plan, we look prepared and we fight. Such progress from years past.

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 05:41 AM
That's great to hear! I have heard the same about Hurd, though I was speaking historically of what has gone on for 80+ years. I have seen multiple comments about students today not engaged with football, being fans, showing up to games etc. I do not buy that argument. In years past there has been a student section with 100+ kids (ok for at least a half)... shocking considering we were abysmal. When Lafayette was winning in the late 2000s, students never really showed up. I think that if we get to the Colgate and Fordham games with a winning mark, they will be there.I was just talking about this this past weekend as we were watching the game. The crowd was pawltry at best. My wife (also a Leopard) was reminiscing about how the football game was "What they did" every Saturday. It was the anchor of the weekend festivities. Don't know if football or athletics in general is no longer en vogue for today's college student or it's just a product of ineptitude on the field for so long. Perhaps one of the Holy Cross posters can comment on what fitton field is looking like these days. I will see it for myself in a couple of weeks. Though I suspect that game might be a huge game with championship implications... I sincerely hope!

NY Crusader 2010
October 3rd, 2023, 06:38 AM
I was just talking about this this past weekend as we were watching the game. The crowd was pawltry at best. My wife (also a Leopard) was reminiscing about how the football game was "What they did" every Saturday. It was the anchor of the weekend festivities. Don't know if football or athletics in general is no longer en vogue for today's college student or it's just a product of ineptitude on the field for so long. Perhaps one of the Holy Cross posters can comment on what fitton field is looking like these days. I will see it for myself in a couple of weeks. Though I suspect that game might be a huge game with championship implications... I sincerely hope!

It will be. Even if history proves too much to overcome and Laffy loses to Princeton on the road AND Holy Cross finds a way to lose to Bucknell, those implications remain.

I'm rooting hard for Lafayette on Saturday because I really would love to see the PL be a 2-bid league again.

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 06:39 AM
It will be. Even if history proves too much to overcome and Laffy loses to Princeton on the road AND Holy Cross finds a way to lose to Bucknell, those implications remain.Do the HC home games sell out? Should I be working on tickets now or can you get them on game day?

NY Crusader 2010
October 3rd, 2023, 06:40 AM
Do the HC home games sell out? Should I be working on tickets now or can you get them on game day?

We play in a 23,000 seat stadium. Last sell out was against Boston College in 1986.

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 06:42 AM
We play in a 23,000 seat stadium. Last sell out was against Boston College in 1986.I figured that was probably the case but thought I better verify. Hopefully the weather holds. I'm really looking forward to it.

Go Green
October 3rd, 2023, 07:45 AM
We play in a 23,000 seat stadium. Last sell out was against Boston College in 1986.

Surprised that the Polar Park game wasn't sold out...

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2023, 08:08 AM

Note: but you dont include Polar Park sellouts. How many have there been. Thanks for your support vs Princeton, NY2010!

Pards Rule
October 3rd, 2023, 08:10 AM

1) Holy Cross
2) Lafayette
3) Fordham
4) Georgetown
5) Colgate
6) Bucknell
7) Lehigh

Agree with these but I would put Fordham and Lafayette tied at 2

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. What was actual attendance that game?

Go Green
October 3rd, 2023, 08:22 AM
Me too. What was actual attendance that game?

Thereabouts 7,900. Still room for another 1,000 plus change at PP.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2023, 08:51 AM
1. Lafayette
2. Holy Cross
3. Georgetown
4. Fordham
5. Colgate
6. Bucknell
7. Lehigh

Pretty reactionary, Owl.

Holy Cross has won 18 straight PL games and until they drop one, it's foolish to rank them anywhere but one.

It's fantastic to see Lafayette make such strides in just year two under Troxell, but let's pump the brakes just a bit. While I think they are inching closer to being a top 25 club, they've beaten 1-4 Sacred Heart, 1-2 Columbia, 2-3 Monmouth, and 1-3 Bucknell. Their thrashings of Bucknell and Columbia and convincing win against a decent Monmouth team (didn't Monmouth score a TD late to make that game closer than it was?), is definitely something to be impressed with...but this is why I've called the road game at Princeton a "show me" game.

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 09:01 AM
Pretty reactionary, Owl.

Holy Cross has won 18 straight PL games and until they drop one, it's foolish to rank them anywhere but one.

It's fantastic to see Lafayette make such strides in just year two under Troxell, but let's pump the brakes just a bit. While I think they are inching closer to being a top 25 club, they've beaten 1-4 Sacred Heart, 1-2 Columbia, 2-3 Monmouth, and 1-3 Bucknell. Their thrashings of Bucknell and Columbia and convincing win against a decent Monmouth team (didn't Monmouth score a TD late to make that game closer than it was?), is definitely something to be impressed with...but this is why I've called the road game at Princeton a "show me" game.Hard to argue any of this. A convincing win at Princeton doesn't make them better than HC either in my opinion. A win against HC makes them better than HC.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2023, 09:10 AM
In looking at Lafayette's schedule closer, I could very easily see 9-2 happening, with their second loss coming at HC.

I think this puts them squarely on the bubble. They need to hope Monmouth has a strong finish to the season, their win over Fordham is "strong," and it wouldn't hurt if Princeton wins the Ivy League. I could see them getting "Lehigh'd" (10-1 in 2012 but left out of the playoffs).

I'm also getting ahead of myself assuming they lose to HC. This one will definitely be a dogfight. I do think Lafayette really got HC's attention last year and we know that we were very fortunate to come away with a win in Easton. Lafayette outplayed us and deserved to win.

Sader87
October 3rd, 2023, 06:00 PM

First one I've gone to, there have been three now.

Just my opinion, but I think the "bloom is off the rose" for this game. Terrible sightlines, tailgating is limited, parking/concessions can be somewhat pricey etc.

School wants to connect/engage withe Wisstahh populace, so I'm sure they'll be others. I don't plan on going to another one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2023, 06:56 PM
Pretty reactionary, Owl.

It's fantastic to see Lafayette make such strides in just year two under Troxell, but let's pump the brakes just a bit. While I think they are inching closer to being a top 25 club, they've beaten 1-4 Sacred Heart, 1-2 Columbia, 2-3 Monmouth, and 1-3 Bucknell. Their thrashings of Bucknell and Columbia and convincing win against a decent Monmouth team (didn't Monmouth score a TD late to make that game closer than it was?), is definitely something to be impressed with...but this is why I've called the road game at Princeton a "show me" game.

I prefaced it with the Steven A. Smith "Fluid" caveat! I still had Holy Cross ranked while Lafayette is in the 30-35 range. My point was, Lafayette had a better month. Not saying they're the better team....

MUHAWKS
October 3rd, 2023, 06:57 PM
Pretty reactionary, Owl.

There is some irony here in this- we scored and made a 2 pt conversion to make it 21-14 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. The Pards went up 28-14 with 12 min left in the game and then we got the ball back with 8:30 left and went 80 yards but took over 6 minutes to score, missed the 2 pt conversion to make it 28-20. Then we almost get a onsides kick but still stopped Lafayette on downs (they went for it on 4th and inches and missed) and took over with 1:39 left and no timeouts. We got 10-20 yards then had like 3 penalties and game ended on a horrible try at a lateral bs play. So the score was probbaly right on the money and a legit 1 score game as we actually scored on a drive that started with 8 minutes left and stopped them and got the ball to to try and tie. HOWEVER, where the irony comes in is that Lafayette absolutely beat us by better than the score indicated. So the last score was not cheap and it was a legit 1 score game but again irony being I have no idea how b/c their D line punished us and we could not tackle. Was it our injuries? we dont like the rain? Or just Lafayette? I would day 75% Pards/ 25% injuries. I am sold on them, not as a replacement to HC but as a team who can handle all their biz in the PL and possibly beat HC. I do NOT think Fordham can but I think Lafayette can.

gravalico
October 3rd, 2023, 08:06 PM
There is some irony here in this- we scored and made a 2 pt conversion to make it 21-14 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. The Pards went up 28-14 with 12 min left in the game and then we got the ball back with 8:30 left and went 80 yards but took over 6 minutes to score, missed the 2 pt conversion to make it 28-20. Then we almost get a onsides kick but still stopped Lafayette on downs (they went for it on 4th and inches and missed) and took over with 1:39 left and no timeouts. We got 10-20 yards then had like 3 penalties and game ended on a horrible try at a lateral bs play. So the score was probbaly right on the money and a legit 1 score game as we actually scored on a drive that started with 8 minutes left and stopped them and got the ball to to try and tie. HOWEVER, where the irony comes in is that Lafayette absolutely beat us by better than the score indicated. So the last score was not cheap and it was a legit 1 score game but again irony being I have no idea how b/c their D line punished us and we could not tackle. Was it our injuries? we dont like the rain? Or just Lafayette? I would day 75% Pards/ 25% injuries. I am sold on them, not as a replacement to HC but as a team who can handle all their biz in the PL and possibly beat HC. I do NOT think Fordham can but I think Lafayette can.I honestly don't know how to handle positive attention on this. It feels like a trap to buy in. I'm freaking out a little.

Pards Rule
October 4th, 2023, 05:42 AM
I honestly don't know how to handle positive attention on this. It feels like a trap to buy in. I'm freaking out a little.

LOL Grav me too...me too!

MUHAWKS
October 4th, 2023, 09:30 AM
I think you just embrace it and enjoy it b/c being good is fleeting. While I understand the need and want to focus on the "start" of a legit rebuild and being good for years to come, everything is so uncertain year to year and with the portal and so many good teams in THE FCS, just embrace and enjoy it. I know I focus a lot on Monmouth but that is mainly what I am here for and where my expertise lies. I can tell you this- We spent MANY years trying to build a program, we built a good one in non and partial scholly NEC but then came Independent, Big South and full funding (scholarship wise) and it took a few years of "damn we are not there yet".. THE we make the playoffs in 2017 for the first time ever and without even the full 63 ships.. maybe undeservedly but we made it and got rolled but it built things up. Wet 8-3 in 2018 and the 10-2 in 2019 and won a playoff game. Then in the covid season we easily rolled our short schedule and literally were one play away from beating the evetual National champs! We were here! we had arrived rght? Nope. 7-4 the next year with some bad losses, then The CAA and 5-6 and now here we are 2-3 with thoughts AGAIN of "what do we now need to compete".. So I guess moral of story is just enjoy the ride,you guys have a great defense that can prob keep you in most games and the offense while not overwhelming just may need to be "decent".. Last year if we just had a "decent" defense we would no doubt have been no less than 9-2, so sometimes it does not have to be "complete" if one side of the ball is that good and maybe I am wrong But The Pards D just might be..

IslandPard
October 4th, 2023, 09:47 AM
LOL Grav me too...me too!

Me three!

gravalico
October 4th, 2023, 10:15 AM
What's crazy about our Defense is it just might be better than last year's. Or at least it is of a similar caliber.

I think the work John and Sharyta have and continue to do behind the scenes is as every bit as important as the on field progress. Getting us to the full scholarship contingency (obviously critical), investing in the coaching staff, shoring up alumni relations...those are the lasting improvements. Those are the things that speak directly and indirectly to the recruits. That's the stuff that really excites me. I must admit, I don't see how Mike St. Germain doesn't get snatched up as a head coach sooner than later. You can't conjure up dominant defenses year after year and not get attention. That's the kind of thing that can set us back but that's the price of success.

Pards Rule
October 5th, 2023, 06:51 AM
What's crazy about our Defense is it just might be better than last year's. Or at least it is of a similar caliber.

I think the work John and Sharyta have and continue to do behind the scenes is as every bit as important as the on field progress. Getting us to the full scholarship contingency (obviously critical), investing in the coaching staff, shoring up alumni relations...those are the lasting improvements. Those are the things that speak directly and indirectly to the recruits. That's the stuff that really excites me. I must admit, I don't see how Mike St. Germain doesn't get snatched up as a head coach sooner than later. You can't conjure up dominant defenses year after year and not get attention. That's the kind of thing that can set us back but that's the price of success.

True. Note Army grabbed John Loose, longtime DC under Tavani, and he is now Asst HC there under Moncken. Re D: do we have replacements for Olivas and Schaffer?

gravalico
October 5th, 2023, 06:54 AM
True. Note Army grabbed John Loose, longtime DC under Tavani, and he is now Asst HC there under Moncken. Re D: do we have replacements for Olivas and Schaffer?Good question. Clearly the D Line is set for the foreseeable future. Those two will be a tall order to replace. Have to believe they have folks with promise. Whether or not they rise to the level of those two all-leaguers remains to be seen. It will help whomever they are that they will have a stout young d line in front of them making things easier while they develop.

Pards Rule
October 5th, 2023, 07:06 AM
I think you just embrace it and enjoy it b/c being good is fleeting. While I understand the need and want to focus on the "start" of a legit rebuild and being good for years to come, everything is so uncertain year to year and with the portal and so many good teams in THE FCS, just embrace and enjoy it. I know I focus a lot on Monmouth but that is mainly what I am here for and where my expertise lies. I can tell you this- We spent MANY years trying to build a program, we built a good one in non and partial scholly NEC but then came Independent, Big South and full funding (scholarship wise) and it took a few years of "damn we are not there yet".. THE we make the playoffs in 2017 for the first time ever and without even the full 63 ships.. maybe undeservedly but we made it and got rolled but it built things up. Wet 8-3 in 2018 and the 10-2 in 2019 and won a playoff game. Then in the covid season we easily rolled our short schedule and literally were one play away from beating the evetual National champs! We were here! we had arrived rght? Nope. 7-4 the next year with some bad losses, then The CAA and 5-6 and now here we are 2-3 with thoughts AGAIN of "what do we now need to compete".. So I guess moral of story is just enjoy the ride,you guys have a great defense that can prob keep you in most games and the offense while not overwhelming just may need to be "decent".. Last year if we just had a "decent" defense we would no doubt have been no less than 9-2, so sometimes it does not have to be "complete" if one side of the ball is that good and maybe I am wrong But The Pards D just might be..

Hawk this is quite the attitude we should have. I mean to your point, we had a excellent frosh QB from Texas in Keegan Shoemaker. He finally beat Lehigh in 2019. Im thinking, great we have this stud for three more years. Then comes Covid. And he goes back to Prosper, TX. Next I see he is in transfer to Sam Houston and became the starting QB (still there as starter).

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2023, 07:38 AM

.....DID HAWKS.....DROP DUH ULTRA...IN FAVOR UH VINTAGE?????..................xconfusedx.......... .BRAWK?

MUHAWKS
October 5th, 2023, 07:41 AM

.....DID HAWKS.....DROP DUH ULTRA...IN FAVOR UH VINTAGE?????..................xconfusedx.......... .BRAWK?

no matter where I go, what I say...you will fid me and roast me! I love it!!!

Franks Tanks
October 5th, 2023, 09:30 AM
Hawk this is quite the attitude we should have. I mean to your point, we had an upexcellent frosh QB from Texas in Keegan Shoemaker. He finally beat Lehigh in 2019. Im thinking, great we have this stud for three more years. Then comes Covid. And he goes back to Prosper, TX. Next I see he is in transfer to Sam Houston and became the starting QB (still there as starter).

Yup, that one hurt. I happened to catch a Sam Houston mid week game recently, and Shoemaker is the starter for the now FBS squad coached by KC Keeler. This turned out to be Garrett’s undoing, which was a blessing in disguise (well maybe not much disguise).

Former Pard TE Steve Stillianos is still playing for Iowa as a backup.

Pards Rule
October 5th, 2023, 10:23 AM
Yup, that one hurt. I happened to catch a Sam Houston mid week game recently, and Shoemaker is the starter for the now FBS squad coached by KC Keeler. This turned out to be Garrett’s undoing, which was a blessing in disguise (well maybe not much disguise).

Former Pard TE Steve Stillianos is still playing for Iowa as a backup.

I was wondering what happened to Steve. Well aware of the on campus situation. Is that why he left?

gravalico
October 5th, 2023, 11:00 AM

Former Pard TE Steve Stillianos is still playing for Iowa as a backup.I would have thought his abysmal record and utter lack of motivation would have been his undoing.

Franks Tanks
October 6th, 2023, 08:13 AM
In looking at Lafayette's schedule closer, I could very easily see 9-2 happening, with their second loss coming at HC.

I think this puts them squarely on the bubble. They need to hope Monmouth has a strong finish to the season, their win over Fordham is "strong," and it wouldn't hurt if Princeton wins the Ivy League. I could see them getting "Lehigh'd" (10-1 in 2012 but left out of the playoffs).

I'm also getting ahead of myself assuming they lose to HC. This one will definitely be a dogfight. I do think Lafayette really got HC's attention last year and we know that we were very fortunate to come away with a win in Easton. Lafayette outplayed us and deserved to win.

I was wondering what happened to Steve. Well aware of the on campus situation. Is that why he left?

Not sure, but he had several offers from P5 teams, including Illinois and Rutgers and a few ACC teams. Hard to say no to that.

IslandPard
October 6th, 2023, 10:02 AM
Good question. Clearly the D Line is set for the foreseeable future. Those two will be a tall order to replace. Have to believe they have folks with promise. Whether or not they rise to the level of those two all-leaguers remains to be seen. It will help whomever they are that they will have a stout young d line in front of them making things easier while they develop.

Just one of those talented Frosh Dlinemen doing some light work! xbowx

https://x.com/CoachTJD/status/1709917149186191427?s=20

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just a little light Thursday morning work from Freshman <a href="https://twitter.com/AhmirCrawley?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AhmirCrawley</a> . <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/climbthehill?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#climbthehill</a> 🏈🏈🐆🐆 <a href="https://t.co/iB0JzEJ7v7">pic.twitter.com/iB0JzEJ7v7</a></p>&mdash; TJ DiMuzio (@CoachTJD) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachTJD/status/1709917149186191427?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gravalico
October 6th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Just one of those talented Frosh Dlinemen doing some light work! xbowx

https://x.com/CoachTJD/status/1709917149186191427?s=20

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just a little light Thursday morning work from Freshman <a href="https://twitter.com/AhmirCrawley?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AhmirCrawley</a> . <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/climbthehill?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#climbthehill</a> [emoji458][emoji458][emoji249][emoji249] <a href="https://t.co/iB0JzEJ7v7">pic.twitter.com/iB0JzEJ7v7</a></p>— TJ DiMuzio (@CoachTJD) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachTJD/status/1709917149186191427?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

405 lbs if my math serves me. Lord!