PDA

View Full Version : Another great representative for Umass football

saint0917
April 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
He should be kicked off the team.

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/republican/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1112946440308270.xml&coll=1

wkuhillhound
April 11th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Did he have a history of police arrests? If he does, then I would agree with you if not, then I wouldn't. I would only give him one more chance.

walliver
April 11th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Did he have a history of police arrests? If he does, then I would agree with you if not, then I wouldn't. I would only give him one more chance.

If this was petty theft or a minor alcohol or drug offense, I would agree. But a violent crime against a woman is another situation.

Of course, he's innocent until proven guilty

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 12:37 AM
The story really goes into very little detail, so i would have to with hold judgement on this one.

umassfan
April 12th, 2005, 04:56 AM
From speaking with parties involved, Id have to say that he isnt going anywhere. I wont speak about the charge but in all likelyhood it will be droped before you know it. If it was anything serious, he would not have been allowed to pratice this spring. Spring ball doesnt mean much and the fact that hes allowed to pratice speaks volume right there.

saint0917
April 12th, 2005, 06:08 AM

I don't think he has a history of police arrest, but violence against women shouldn't be tolerated.

Marcus Garvey
April 12th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Actually, this guy should be thrown out of school altogther. Assaulting another student, regardless of the relationship to that student, should not be tolerated. I knew a guy at Pitt who got put into the hospital by some sociopath who jumped him from behind. Turned out that this anti-social cretin had already been thrown out of one dorm for assaulting his roomate! Had he been thrown out of school, and not just his dorm, his victim wouldn't have need 2 surgeries to repair a shattered eye socket.

IMO, if you attack someone, you're gone! After 1 year, if you've shown you are not a danger, then you can re-apply, and the admissions office should review your application and give it serious consideration. This precludes any court actions. The safety of fellow students is paramount in these types of scenarios, and the legal process is too drawn out.

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Good point Garvey.

eaglesrthe1
April 12th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I would need to see some more info before coming to an opinion. Right now it's just an accusation, not a conviction.