PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnetwork

Tribe4SF
December 2nd, 2007, 06:04 AM
Sunday morning after some terrific quarterfinal games, and what coverage do we get on Sortsnetwork?

App....and only App.xthumbsdownx

UDChE89
December 2nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Which was posted last night...

93BlueHen
December 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Nothing will change until they get Dave Coulappyhomerson out of there. Until he's replaced with someone competent, they should change their name to The App Sports Network. No other team exists in that guy's eyes.

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah. We're doing a study to see what the effects would be if we changed our mascot to "The Appalachian State FCS Posterboys."

I love App, but there are a lot of good teams in the FCS that people don't seem to pay attention to for some reason...

I guess you guys need to go out and beat some Big 10 teams.

RadMann
December 2nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
NDSU has beaten Big 10. UNH has beaten Big 10.....

93BlueHen
December 2nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
In your defense, we don't confuse bad journalism with the accomplishments of App St.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
93BlueHen, I love the signature about the Ass Kickin' Chicken...classic.

93BlueHen
December 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Man, I want an App State / UD final so bad. It would be a blast. I hope the teams are more disciplined than I am, however, and don't look past very formidable opponents in SIU and Richmond.

UNHWildCats
December 2nd, 2007, 09:01 AM
They should have hired Ralph Wallace!

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2007, 09:01 AM
Beat some Big 10 that are supposed to win BCS Titles?

And I'll admit I'm not sure how the games on the other side of the bracket went...but the only thing close about ours vs EWU was the final score because Jerry wanted to let some of the 2nd/3rd string players get a few snaps when we were up by a few scores in the 4th. I caught the tail end of the Wofford/Richmond game and sounded like it was a pretty good game until Wofford screwed up that punt.

In any event, I was just trying to show some sincere humility.

RadMann
December 2nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Was the ASU/JMU game close or was that score just an anomaly also? ;)

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
It would be pretty cool to have the first and last teams we played this season with the same uniform.

And it would be pretty cool to get both big wins :-D

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
The JMU game was always within 7-10 points I think...They rallied and we screwed up a few times. I would say it was closer than the EWU game, where we were up by at least two touchdowns by around the last 6 minutes of the first quarter...and kept that led pretty much all day.

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah. We're doing a study to see what the effects would be if we changed our mascot to "The Appalachian State FCS Posterboys."

I love App, but there are a lot of good teams in the FCS that people don't seem to pay attention to for some reason...

I guess you guys need to go out and beat some Big 10 teams.
You bet. SIU hasn't done that since last year.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
I can't believe Coulson writes for ESPNU too. They have one write up for UD/UNI, UMASS/USI, and Richmond/Wofford and one all by itself for EWU/ ASU. Geez, that guy is everywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/espnu/index

93BlueHen
December 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
It would be pretty cool to have the first and last teams we played this season with the same uniform.

For the untrained eye, there are some subtle differences I can point out to you:

1. Michigan colors are maize and blue, Delaware is royal blue (lighter shade) and gold.
2. Michigan has player names on jerseys.
3. Delaware's quarterback is better.
4. Delaware's coach will not be collecting unemployment in January.

Ud1Hens
December 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM

And it would be pretty cool to get both big wins :-D

If Delaware and App. St. meet for the title, how many corny signs can I expect to see about Delaware "looking" like Michigan.

Ud1Hens
December 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
For the untrained eye, there are some subtle differences I can point out to you:

1. Michigan colors are maize and blue, Delaware is royal blue (lighter shade) and gold.

5. Delaware is still playing for a National Championship, Michigan was dead in Sept.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2007, 10:06 AM

I would stop visiting that site.

Appstate03
December 2nd, 2007, 10:16 AM

Neither will Michigan's. You usually cannot collect unemployment when you quit. You have to be fired or laid off. ;)

stevdock
December 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
NDSU has beaten Big 10. UNH has beaten Big 10.....

Who and when did UNH beat a Big 10 team? I never heard of this so just an honest question. Thanks.

texcap
December 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Who and when did UNH beat a Big 10 team? I never heard of this so just an honest question. Thanks.

They beat Northwestern by a good bit last year. (Something ike 38 to 10).

UNHWildCats
December 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
They beat Northwestern by a good bit last year. (Something ike 38 to 10).
I believe it was 34-17.

UNH has won its last three FBS games with wins over Rutgers, Northwestern and Marshall

smallcollegefbfan
December 2nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Sunday morning after some terrific quarterfinal games, and what coverage do we get on Sortsnetwork?

App....and only App.xthumbsdownx

I believe he was at the ASU game and at Wofford. I would imagine that TSN would have a Wofford writeup today, as that game was late. There will probably be a writeup today. Have you emailed him to see when his Wofford writeup is going up?

Just like Matt, he writes about the games he attends first and then does the rest later on. I think the only reason he went to App was because he could go there and to Wofford in the same day. It may look like being a homer, but, there is no other way he would have seen two games this past week. I understand where you are coming from, due to the fact he did write for ASU last year.

I suspect he will be at the UD game Friday and maybe the App game Saturday.

smallcollegefbfan
December 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM

That won't happen because of his health problems. I wonder how Ralph is doing? Also, if that happened then CSN would have to fold. I doubt TSN would hire all of Ralph's writers. Ralph and Coulson are good buddies and I am sure Ralph is very happy for his friend.

smallcollegefbfan
December 2nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
I can't believe Coulson writes for ESPNU too. They have one write up for UD/UNI, UMASS/USI, and Richmond/Wofford and one all by itself for EWU/ ASU. Geez, that guy is everywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/espnu/index

Those writeups were done by the AP.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
Those writeups were done by the AP.

It was a joke.

smallcollegefbfan
December 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
It was a joke.

Oh sorry. I thought it said Coulson on there somewhere or maybe I hit the wrong page. :)

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Oh sorry. I thought it said Coulson on there somewhere or maybe I hit the wrong page. :)

No problem, should have been better with my facetiousness (is that a word?) :)

smallcollegefbfan
December 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
No problem, should have been better with my facetiousness (is that a word?) :)

Well if it isn't, you can count on a App fan to make it one... :D